The Receptionist for iPad

Cloud and iPad based Visitor Management System

Tracy S.

Functionality for ABA Center

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Overall experience has been great! I look forward to seeing more changes and options with this.

Pros

It is easy to use. It has a clean sleek appearance.

Cons

I would like for it to connect or for us to include information about our clients so caregivers can verify accuracy, report changes, etc. I would like to see a way this can be used for client sign in/out instead of staff clock in/out. Would like to ensure security features are in place for when we are using for families to sign in and out. There is so many other areas this could be used in.

Cynthia A.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Always on Duty

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Excellent product and support team!

Pros

Easy to use and served our needs perfectly!

Cons

No negatives detected. Device pretty much plug and play.

Response from The Receptionist

Hey Cynthia, thank you for writing this awesome review! I'm so happy to hear it's working well for you and that it was easy to get up and running! And I love hearing our support team has you taken care of!

Michael Ashford
Director of Marketing

Sinéad S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Fantastic from start to finish!

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Professionalism, Health & Safety compliance, value for money!!

Pros

The entire software really is superb, I cannot fault it. I have had many of our visitors remark on its simplicity.

All in all, I have found my user and administrator experience excellent. That's from my first inquiry about the software, straight through to delivery, including iPad and printer!

And the support, which for me is the strongest attribute, is absolutely outstanding. I have found the support to be responsive, professional, patient and polite. And with me being in the Republic of Ireland, that's all with a time difference.

I have for the most part been dealing with the lovely customer service agent, who has been brilliant, but that said, any other operator I have been in touch with have equally been as helpful and obliging.

On a few occasions, I have also used the extremely useful notes and guidelines and they are spot on, so accurately written and easy to follow.

The value for money is amazing and with unlimited everything, you simply can't beat this product. So simple to use as a guest and so easy and straight forward to use as an operator.

I highly recommend The Receptionist to any business looking to introduce a visitor management system.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about The Receptionist BUT if I had to choose one thing, the only con I can come up with (and it really is not a big deal) is that our logo doesn't print out in its full colour.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Sinéad,

Wow! Thank you so much for your very nice compliments. I have shared your review with our entire team.

We are proud to count Control Equipment Limited as a new member of The Receptionist Family in the Republic of Ireland. :-)

Let us know if there is anything more we can do for you and your team.

Kristopher L.

Less issues compared to other vendors! Support is Grade A. Others have been closer to F.

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

Simple setup and configuration compared to other vendors in the similar industry. The web interface is simple enough to get use to.

Cons

Lacking features to compete with higher tier apps in the industry even though they don't execute them that well. Features such as a like an emergency list if a fire occurs with all the people in the building and maybe even procedures/ contact list.

The api needs to be able to push data out to other SaaS systems/databases.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Kristopher,

I am glad that you have experienced our Radical Support and that we are stacking up well against the competition.

Could you please send me your full list of feature requests? As part of our Radical Support we listen very closely to our customers regarding the improvements they think we could make to the software.

Safety and evacuation are essential parts of The Receptionist for iPad. Here is a support article on our Emergency Evacuation List feature that is built into the iPad app and how to access the list of checked in visitors from any device including a computer, a tablet or a smartphone:

Thanks to you and the Dannon Project team for being a member of The Receptionist Family.

James Z.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

This is an excellent platform to ensure compliance with confidentiality requirements for our business. Photo documentation of visitors is an added plus.

Pros

Ability to add documents such as NDAs, and custom safety documents. Trustworthy Cloud server for storage of completed forms.

Cons

Better badge printer options would be a huge plus. The quality of Brother QL-820NWB is quite poor.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi James! Thank you so much for leaving us this review. I am happy to hear that our system is doing it's part to keep your office secure and compliant.

We are always looking for ways to improve, so I will pass your comments about the printer on to our team.

Thanks for being an amazing customer!

Sincerely

Paul D.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Very simple and easy to use! It's simplicity results in some limitations, but overall great.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

It's great at replacing a paper sign-in sheet allowing us to keep track of who is in the building and maintaining a history.

Pros

Setup and configuration is easy. The interface is professional and polished. Also, it is entirely cloud based!

Cons

With easy comes limitations. Some areas I would like to customize but can't. Also it's multi language support is limited. (That feature is in beta so hopefully it will be improved)

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I really appreciate your compliments and candid feedback about the customization options you are interested in. Would you be able to send me an email with details around what customization options you'd like us to implement including how we can improve our multi-lingual feature? I will personally enter your feedback into our feature request system and it will have an impact on the future of our software.

Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family!

Marlon G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best support ever!

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

My best experience always comes from support, generally support team. The customer service she provides is ALWAYS excellent!!! My experience with support always spills over to my overall liking of the software itself.

Pros

The ease of use. We have used it for the past 2 years, and we basically set it up and haven't modified anything in two year and it has worked fine. We have had a few instances of the iPads crashing because of a receptionist or iOS update, but that's it.

Cons

How long it took the features I originally requested to actually come out. I'm glad they finally did and that my request where heard.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Marlon,

Thank you so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad and also calling out our Radical Support! It has been wonderful working with you and your team at Vernay. Can you let me know which features were implemented and which are still outstanding? I'd like to check on their status and get back to you.

Peter M.

The Receptionist for Ipad

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We didn't want the cost of having a receptionist given the size of the business so went looking for a digital option. The Receptionist fit the bill in terms of cost and functionality. It has been accepted by all employees and visitors have found it easy to use.

Support
Low cost given functionality

Cons

Admin system is a bit clunky
Graphics probably need updating

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your review! We're very glad to hear that employees and visitors find The Receptionist for iPad easy to use and that you're pleased with the support you've received.

Thanks for your feedback on the admin graphics. We're regularly making UX and UI updates based on user feedback, so feel free to send any requests into our team via live chat on our website.

Best,

James Jordan
Creative Manager

Meghan K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Support got back to me in less than 1 minute and we were able to "trial" badge printing with...

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

I am comfortable with the fact that I can walk away from my desk to do various tasks without leaving someone standing in the lobby.

Pros

The fact that you can tailor it to our business is awesome. The customer service is AWESOME! They respond almost immediately and then provide you with step by step instructions to perform the task.

Cons

There aren't enough spaces for names. We have to generalize departments and then when a visit sends a message it is up to the department to find out who has an appointment with that guest. Options for responses are also limited.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for your review! I am so happy that The Receptionist for iPad is working for you and your team at Gordon Foods.

I'm going to work with our sales and customer experience teams regarding your notes in the Cons section.

If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly! Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family!

Sean C.

Stellar automated check-in system

Reviewed on 2015/12/07

The software and the iPad itself were very easy to set up and configure. The instructions are very light, mostly because the set up process is very simple and mostly automated.
In functionality, it works nearly flawlessly. When a contact is reached by a guest, the contact can be set up to receive an SMS text message which can actually be replied to - very useful when the contact needs to let them know they'll be a moment or if they're out of the office and the guest will need to contact someone else.

The only con is that the recommended wireless printer is only compatible with wireless security up to WPA2 which required me to create an additional wireless network specifically for this printer.

Any time we have encountered an issue with the software or its management console the support has been available, responsive, and knowledgeable. Everything from label formatting, to images not appearing were all resolved in less than 30 minutes with support.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for your kind review! That's good information to know about the wireless printer and the wifi security it uses. Brother makes another printer which is compatible with The iPad Receptionist, the QL-720NW which can be connected via ethernet. This might be a solution so that you don't have to create a second network. Let us know if there anything else we can do for you!

• Industry: Consumer Services

Simple easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

As a means to gather a security agreement, it definitely does its job. On top of that, getting the updated notifications helps.

Pros

I think the best part is the notification aspect of the software is pretty convenient. As opposed to just notifications by email, you are able to sync with Slack and have a bot also notify you, which can ensure the host receives the sign in.

Cons

I keep having issues with the badge printer accompanying it. Sometimes the software will print the badge of the guest before the one who is currently signing in. If it prints at all, if not it will have issues.

Response from The Receptionist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We really value customer feedback and I'm so happy to hear how useful our notification system is for your team. If you ever have issues with your badge printer, feel free to chat with our team using the orange button at the bottom of our website and we'll be happy to help!
-Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

Madalyn R.

The Receptionist creates a quick, streamline manner in which to greet our guests.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The text alert system is very beneficial for our office space, as we are all changing offices and aren't always near the front. With so many offices under one building, it's easy to identify who the guest is here for.

Cons

The stand for the iPad isn't eye catching and sometimes gets lost on our front desk. It would be great to have a larger stand that would clearly greet others.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Madalyn,

I appreciate your taking time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am glad that it is working well for Be Music.

In terms of the stand, we do sell Floor Stand Packages:
Would that be more appropriate for your reception area? Send me an email if you'd like to learn more about our floor stands. Also, placement of the iPad in it's stand is key. You want to try to place it in the path of the visitor so they can't miss it.

Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family!

John G.

Simple, effective solution for patient check-in system.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I like that it is simple to set up and use and works consistently. We use this in a medical suites environment with multiple independent doctors who have their own patients.

Cons

Has frozen up once or twice in about 4-5 months of use. I think usually associated with automatic OS updates. Because I'm using this for different independent doctors, it would be nice if I could have each doctor have their own patient forms that could be signed on the screen, but that isn't possible now. I currently have 15 and more will be added.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi John,

Thanks so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad. It sounds like the system is working well for you.

I will submit your feature request and I will tag you so that as something similar becomes a reality we will be in contact.

We are happy to have Viva MedSuites as a member of The Receptionist Family!

Tonya E.

Love this product it works amazing for our office.

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

Pros

Very simple to use even the most novice users can navigate. Customer support is above amazing, they are very responsive to messages and truly want you to take advantage of everything the product can offer, they go above and beyond to help you. This product makes checking in visitors to our location easier then ever before.

Cons

Can be a little challenging to set up to begin with - However if you take the time to read the very helpful guides that have been set up you won't regret it.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Tonya,

I really appreciate your taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad that you have enjoyed both the software and our Radical Support. We try very hard to exceed your expectations with each interaction.

If there is anything else we can for you, don't hesitate to reach out and thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family!

Rana J.

If there was a six star, I would be using it!

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Paperless!!!

Pros

Our clients resisted using the app at first, but now are so used to it! Our staff is so happy that we are no longer using paper and pencil because we are attempting to be a paperless office! Thank you The Receptionist for making our work easier.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Rana!

Wow, I'm going to lobby Capterra to add a sixth star! ;-)

I am so very glad you are happy with The Receptionist for iPad! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your team.

Marcy C.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The report function and e-mail notifications to our employees is a time saver for Admin. staff.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Customization and automation. A time saver in calculating visitors and reasons for visits each month.

Pros

Enjoy the customization functions and the reporting feature. We use to manually calculate visitors from sign-in sheets on a monthly basis, which was very time consuming. Before the iPad Receptionist, the Front Desk staff would have to call employees when they had a visitor, which took time from other needed functions. We enjoy the e-mail notifications which alleviates that for Front Desk staff.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes, but that's just related to internal network connection. We don't have any other issues with the product.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Marcy,

Thanks so much for being a long-term member of The Receptionist Family. You've been with us since before we changed our name from The iPad Receptionist!

I appreciate your taking the time to post such a nice review!

Iddo D.

This app has saved me a TON of money and increased my productivity

Reviewed on 2016/11/21

I use the receptionist app in my therapy clinic. The clients check in and the therapist receives an email and text when their client arrives, allowing them to continue working at their desk rather than checking to see if the client has arrived yet.
The app easily allows my therapists to sign in and out each day.
The customer support has been great. I use the app in some unconventional manners and Jessica and her team are always there and available to see if we can make it work.
I plan to open two new offices in the coming weeks and The Receptionist App will be displayed prominently in both locations, what better recommendation can I give.
Iddo DeVries
Owner/Speech Therapist
DV Therapy Inc

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Iddo,

Thank you for posting a review of The Receptionist for iPad! I love that you have found a unique way to use the software. We are constantly hearing how customers are using our customizable workflow for their business in unique ways. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and DV Therapy!

It's an honor to have DV Therapy as a member of The Receptionist family!

Mike T.

Easy to use and full of features

Reviewed on 2015/12/03

I was looking for easy to use visitor management software but that also incorporated ITAR compliance - The iPad Receptionist won hands down. There were only a few other products that included this feature but seemed to be much more expensive than iPad Receptionist.

We have received many positive comments from visitors checking in how easy the process is and that they don't need to worry about leaving a badge at the front desk when leaving since it's just a label. It works very well.

A couple of features that would be nice:
1) Create badges with custom layout/font
2) Incorporate recurring visitor entry so they don't have to retype their name/company on every visit.
3) Send an email to an administrator at end of day for people that haven't checked out

Response from The Receptionist

Mike,

Thanks so much for your kind review! Thanks also for the feature list. We are extremely responsive to the requests of our customers and I am happy to say that number 1 and 2 are in the development queue so you and your visitors will be able to enjoy them soon! Thanks for being part of The iPad Receptionist "pack." :-)

Nikki J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

iPad Receptionist Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/07/21

Once we got it setup it has been working, it was been quite easy to work with. We have gotten good comments and feedback from customers.

Pros

Cons

none

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Nikki,

Thanks so much for posting your review! I am delighted that you are so happy with The iPad Receptionist. You know where to find us if you need anything.

Thanks for being a member of The iPad Receptionist family!.

Leslie G.

Brand New Customer, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

We just purchased a brand new ipad receptionist and unless you are very computer savvy, it can be a little tricky, but the customer service is outstanding and very helpful every step of the way!

Pros

The piece of mind knowing that our company won't have visitors waiting and have a check in.

Cons

Nothing, only been using for 1 day :)

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Leslie,

Thank you very much for your posting! We are laser focused on ease-of-use. You may have already spoken to out support team about this but I would love to hear what we could do to make it so that you don't feel like you need to be computer savvy to use our application. Any advice is welcome!

Kathy S.

Simple, Effective and Great Price .. what more could we want?

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

The system itself is beautifully simple, streamlined and effective - we viewed over 30 systems and they all took weeks to input data and configure the system but with this software it took me an afternoon and we were up and running. We now have a very sleek sign in for Visitors and Contractors with a video for Health and Safety, and all using one iPad .. so not only does the reception are look smart but the process is so simple and creates such a buzz for our clients signing in, and a great first impression. The team at The IPAD Receptionist have been outstanding in their customer support, we look forward to a long professional relationship with yourselves.

Thanks All.

Response from The Receptionist

Wow, Kathy, Thank you for posting such a flattering review. Our whole staff is blushing! ;-)

It is a pleasure to count Cirrus Logic among the members of our tight knit Receptionist family.

Camillo C.

Excellent Paper Replacement

Reviewed on 2015/08/20

I like the customized look and feel. Customer service has been great for any questions as well. Also, there tech and sales team are very responsive and willing to help any way they can. Their roadmap to the future appears to be in line with what i am asking for. It is easy to use and make a great impression to our visitors.

On a side note, there are features I would have expected to be in place already considering the age of this product. The cost is a little high for the Application, considering its early stages.

Response from The Receptionist

Camilo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I know your time is valuable and it is very much appreciated! What are the features that you would have expected to be in the software? I want to be sure our roadmap is aligned with our customers expectations. My email is [email protected] .

Thank you for being one of our esteemed customers!

Andy, CEO
The iPad Receptioinst

Dean R.

Who needs attitude?

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

We 'hired' the iPad Receptionist for our front lobby about one year ago and it's had only 1 sick day ... it lost connectivity when our server hiccuped. We gave it 2 aspirin (a reboot), and it's been solid ever since. Guests find the iPad Receptionist easy to use and as long as company contacts are responsive when notified, it works like a charm. We no longer worry about receptionist coverage, folks hanging around the front desk, solicitors, etc. and, importantly, we no longer have to worry about the attitude of our guest's first point contact here at the office.

Response from The Receptionist

Hello Dean,

Thank you for posting a review of The Receptionist for iPad! Our receptionists do work tirelessly without complaint. ;-) Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and Rose Displays and thank you for being a member of The Receptionist family!

Shinead G.

Excellent, efficient and easy!

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

It is very easy to use and it saves us a lot of time.
It aligns with our digital first approach
our account manager was amazing to deal with.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Shinead,

Thank you for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad that you are enjoying the software!

Please let me know if I or anyone else on my team can be of assistance. We are so happy that CUA is a recent addition to Australian branch of The Receptionist Family!

Prince K.
  • Industry: Political Organization
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Perfect tool to capture data!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

We use this tool to capture data of walk in clients at the centre. It's amazing because we can easily run reports.

Cons

Nothing wrong with it, we have used it for several months and it hasn't crashed once.

Response from The Receptionist

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am so excited to hear that the Receptionist for iPad system has served you so well. Thanks for being an amazing customer!

Michael Ashford