Timely

Write a Review!
Timely. The booking software that keeps clients coming back.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

Janelle
Janelle

Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Access 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.

Pros

The simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.

Alana

Lans Artistry

Reviewed on 2023/08/18

Good system to use. Price is the only thing that I feel somewhat dissatisfied with, there are already so many additional costs for a small business and this is just one of many systems I need to use.

Pros

It is user friendly, has a nice interface and a lot of useful features

Cons

I find the marketing link to mailchimp isn’t as user friendly and that I need to just manage my email marketing in mail chimp directly. I found it difficult to transfer my mailing list over. Cost increase between 1 and 2 users is nearly double which is quite significant for a small business and other systems do not charge as much for additional users.

Kitomba Salon and Spa Software

Reasons for Switching to Timely

Price and system capabilities and features.
Carmen

Program needs work and better customer service

Reviewed on 2015/11/07

Timely is definitely beautiful and effortless. It is one of the better salon software programs I have come across in my 15 years in this industry however, if you live in Canada/United States this is not the software for you. It does not separate taxes on reports so you can never distinguish between your GST and your PST. Also, it does not offer the tip option and as tips are a massive part of the service industry in Canada and the United States this is one of their biggest downfalls. Its overall program is easy to use and very nice looking however it isn't a program that should be offered worldwide. I used the free trial for a few days just to test it out and see, I did have a few questions that I wanted answered and it took their customer service team an entire two days to reply (I sent in my query during the week so there is no excuse for this). I do hope that they add to their program because I believe they have a good thing going they just need a little more work.

Response from Timely

Hi Carmen, thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you found Timely to be one of the best.
We're sorry it didn't quite fit your needs. We are constantly adding new features and there's lots more to come.
Apologies also for a slow reply, it looks like it took 30 hours for us to respond to your request. This is certainly slower than normal, and replying within 10 hours is something we work hard to achieve. We understand how important it is to hear back quickly when you're working through things, so we place huge value on fast, helpful customer service (it's one of the main reasons our customers love Timely!). Your feedback reassures us of the importance of that focus, so thank you.
Adding a tip to a service is a feature we will likely add in future, you can vote for it here: http://bit.ly/1SEcirR
Thanks again for the thoughtful feedback, really appreciate your time :-)

Melissa

What i like and don't like about Timely

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

Pros

Its easy to navigate around The colour coding is good The reports are great

Cons

I would like to have multi bookings for the same app be able to be put through on a recurring app. And also, when their next app comes up after finishing their payment, I would like to be able to click on their next app and be taken to the calendar at this point. I would like to be able to write notes in their appointment on the calendar.

Rebecca

Have been working with Timely for over 6 years

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

They are great to deal with, overall would definitely recommend them as a salon software company.

Pros

For someone who isn’t very technologically savvy, overall the system is easy to use, looks neat and tidy and has some great features to help keep track of the financials. The support is great but I am on the highest tier of payment so I’d definitely expect that.

Cons

A couple of the features seem to be better in theory than practice but a phone call to the help desk usually helps work out how fix a problem. However, Timely are great at taking feedback when something could be done better from a working point of view. The transaction fee for online bookings and stored credit cards is high which is not favourable. I don’t know the overall costings of other software companies but I wouldn’t say what I pay monthly is ‘average’ from talking to other business owners but I s’pose you pay for what you get.

Amber
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Brilliant but… A few small changes

Reviewed on 2023/08/09

Honestly love timely so much. It is so quick and efficient and has all the information I need within easy reach

Pros

I love everything about timely. I find it so easy to use, so easy to navigate. I use it every single day. My clients also find it super easy to book using the online booking feature. I take payments using an external add on and it all works seamlessly

Cons

I have a couple of things I would love if timely could improve on. 1. I need a function to be able to open my online booking to a certain date. For example I want to be able to open it to the last day of September. At the minute I can only open it X weeks or X months in advance. 2. On my iPad I have a button to quickly take me back to todays date which is great. But the iPhone app is missing a button like that. I find this a time consuming process to track back to todays date during an appointment when I’m trying to see how much of a deposit someone has paid me With these two improvements I think timely would be much more user friendly & I honestly think it would be seedless

SamanthaJane

Make life easier

Reviewed on 2023/08/09

Its a definite time saver with booking, i love the reoccurrence appointment feature. easy communication with the team and always explained things so I understand lots of great tutorials too

Pros

without a doubt booking online feature is a game changer I've been in the industry 24 years & was concerned about going digital but it definitely has increased bookings

Cons

sometimes there's little glitches when selling gift vouchers, and the fact if you email one to someone it put the purchasers full name, which can make the voucher a bit impersonal

Kelly

Reviewed on 2023/08/08

Overall experience is good, it doesn’t seem to lag or not function semi often.

Overall experience is good, it doesn’t seem to lag or not function semi often.

Pros

The integration is easy, customer service is great

Cons

It’s not as customisable as I would like, it was be great to be able to make certain times of the day only bookable for vip clients and also have an add on section that pops up to prompt clients to add on an extra treatment etc

Reasons for Choosing Timely

Reasons for Switching to Timely

Sam

Amazing booking system

Fantastic & the team are always really helpful

Fantastic & the team are always really helpful

Pros

Amazing booking system Which has massively reduced the amount of time spent dealing with client enquiries. Our clients find it easy to use and are able to find out relevant information such as services offered, pricing & availability

Cons

Consult forms are not simple to set up, more templates for the beauty industry would be helpful as aimed more at hairdressers

Lorraine
  • Industry: Hospitality

L’Reigns Hair Salon

Reviewed on 2023/08/04

Pros

I love the ease of use with Timely as I am not very good with computers and technology so I find the system pretty easy to navigate and work out

Cons

I would like a loyalty scheme to be available. Some things are o my available to higher levels and as I am a sole trader I am on the bottom level

Jason

Simply brilliant!

Reviewed on 2015/04/09

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short!
We...

We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were simple - to have an affordable appointment booking system that all our salons could access simultaneously and include shared treatment list, product list and client list. No more VPN's, Remote Access or screen sharing.
Timely met our needs, then mesmerised us with its myriad of features and ease of use. It cannot be emphasise enough just how easy Timely is to use. Our employees only get a half hour introduction to Timely and can be totally familiar with 80% of its features by the end of the day having used it for real. It's easy to find out what Timely can do so the main points will be about what it did for us.
We use all the Timely features ' every one of them is useful and will enhance how you manage your business and how you interact with your clients.
In real-world terms what Timely gave us was a single unified system utilised by all our salons. Changes to our prices were immediate and everywhere, client's details and history shared between all salons and bookings for one salon can be taken and entered by another salon - or by any employee from anywhere with internet access.
As with any system it's not without flaws. The difference with Timely though is twofold: a) They listen to their customers and react swiftly to fix bugs and implement new features, and b) The changes are immediate without the need to install anything. We no longer need to worry about updates or installing software, and because it's `in the cloud' computer hardware or backing up data is no longer a concern ' all I need is a browser. This is the first time we have felt confident that our appointments and client data are secure and backed-up all the time. It would be devastating and catastrophic to lose all that information.
After nearly 18 months using Timely we've had 100% access to the system and consistently fast page responses. There was no noticeable drop in performance even after switching to mobile data and the amount used would easily fit within a 1GB monthly plan.
I really could just go on and on and on''.

Response from Timely

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

Sarah
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

I've been using Timely for almost a year now and it has made a huge difference to my business.

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

It has given my small business a much more professional image and allowed for me to easily take payment by credit card. The invoicing system has helped with record keeping as well as being professional. Reporting tools are also really useful. Has helped to make it easier for new clients to get in touch with me and made making an appointment with me so much easier. It also saves me time.

Pros

It has made life so much easier for me and my clients and has helped to give my business a much more professional feel. It's very easy and logical to use and to amend and add to. The linked invoice system is excellent and again helps a small business to give a professional feel. It has also easily allowed me to add in extras like package deals and to invoice for products that I sell. The help is good too - there are lots of help documents available along with videos which often answer my question. When they don't, I've found the customer help very responsive. Sometimes they get back to me within an hour or two, sometimes it will be the next working day. Having the option to 'talk' to a human is reassuring. I very much recommend Timely to other small businesses, and whenever I struggle to make an appointment for myself with someone that doesn't have an online booking system I am always grateful that I followed a recommendation to give Timely a go!

Cons

There's not much I don't like. I've had some issue with the appointment confirmations and reminders going straight to junk folders instead of inboxes which is a bit of a pain. If I've booked in a new client myself, and then the next appointment they do it, I end up with two client profiles which is also a bit of a pain. However there is a 'merge client' option which deals with this quite easily.

Mark

Great System

Reviewed on 2016/08/30

Usign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.

Pros

Timely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.

Cons

As yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar.

As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.

Ben

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

Reviewed on 2016/06/22

We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

Jennily

EASY SOFTWARE FOR BEGINNERS

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Pros

The thing I loved the most is that Timely will provide an invoice for tax purposes and to send to customers if need be. Setting up in general was fun and easy, definitely cut my time down in half.

Cons

I would love Timely even more if I could add pictures of my work under my services when are booking so they know exactly what to book. I also wish the add ons didn’t have to be in a separate category and was listed under the service for easy add on.

Response from Timely

Hi Jennily,
Thanks for your review! So pleased to hear you're loving Timely, and those are some great ideas too! As you know we're always looking for ways to make software even better, I'll pass along your suggestions to our product team :)

Matthew

A software that truly streamlines business operations

Reviewed on 2016/09/10

We are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.

Pros

The simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.

Cons

If there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously.

Peter
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Organize your diary with ease!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Very easy to use and train new users on. Intuitive dashboard and very clear user interface.
Timely has been optimized very well for mobile use, enabling us and our users to use this out-and-about.
The customization options of the widget and mini-site are great, and work well with lots of our systems.
The ability to send communications via SMS is very helpful, though not clear when initially purchased.

Cons

The lack of language support really isn't great, especially at an organization with lots of international users (non-English speaking).
It wasn't particularly clear when we first purchased Timely that the ability to send SMS's wasn't part of the original plan, and had to purchase separately.

Emma

Good system but expensive & no important new features

Reviewed on 2023/08/04

Pros

Ease of use Consultation forms Features at the time offered more than other systems

Cons

Sometimes has glitches with square Price point for large teams is too expensive, okay when 1-2 staff No tiered timings for different staff No add ons No photos on booking platform …I could go onWe are considering leaving for these reasons

Ursula

Our business can't do without the Timely booking system. Saves us a lot of time.

Reviewed on 2017/07/23

We have heard from people that have had trouble with some companies that get their bookings mixed up or double book clients. With Timely we spend the minimum time on booking clients. Our clients mention it's very easy to book online and they appreciate the reminders texts for their appointments. For us as a business it makes things work smoothly while our business looks professional and by having the reminders sent to our clients, we eliminate wasting time and money with clients not showing up for their appointments.

Pros

Timely takes care of the very important part of our business - booking of appointments. Without this working smoothly we wouldn't have a successful business. Our clients book online, get reminders of their appointments and we don't have to do anything!

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about the Timely software. It's totally worth the money we pay for it.

Holly
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I don't know how I did without this. It is awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

Very easy to use. Allows me to see different schedule views and create schedules far in advance. The bulletin board feature ensures that every employee can see messages and notices. Employees can view their schedule from their smart phone or any computer. This program has simplified scheduling so much. Employees get schedule change notices which helps a lot. I would never want to go back to printing a paper schedule. My employees really like it, too.

Pros

The time is saves me. The way I can see the total hours for each employee for the week. The way the vacation shifts become unassigned so you know what needs to be covered when someone is going on vacation. The fact that employees have access to their schedule at all times. Overall ease of use.

Cons

You cannot copy one shift and paste it. You can, however, copy a day or week and import it.

Steve

Decided to double the price of their product for no reason

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Average. I hind sight should have used another provider that don't keep making annoying changes and massively hike their prices

Pros

Ease of use and functionality and a fair price

Cons

Change the layout and look without informing customers (making it look and function worse). The company has also decided to double the cost of their product as it has new functionality (that I've been using for nearly 4 years) and the sales pitch is that you get SMS credits as part of the packages, however the credits are like a phone contact - paying for loads that you either don't need or won'r use.

Brian

FINALLY found the one after years of switching services

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Pros

This has a robust feature set and excellent usability on both client and professional side. Too many online booking systems are cloned copies of one another and lack basic (and obvious) features needed to actually operate a business from. This one stands alongside giants like MindBody and Milano and trumps them in many ways, especially for the cost. Smaller to medium businesses will find this the perfect fit.

Cons

Some of the ui features could use refining (mostly availability of functions like client notes while in mobile mode, where you currently must switch to desktop mode to access effectively), but they have consistently rolled out improvements over the year+ I've been with them.

Mitchell

Timely makes running my business so easy. Thank goodness for Timely!

Reviewed on 2015/05/30

I stumbled upon a recommendation of Timely on a forum. At the time, all I was looking for an easy way to implement a calendar system on my business's website. I signed up for the free trial and was delighted to discover that Timely could also take care of just about every other aspect of my business - online bookings, sending confirmation emails, managing payments and invoicing, reports and email marketing. Timely is now saving me untold hours of admin every week, which really frees me up to spend more time doing what I do best - providing my service to customers.

I love the way my appointments and customer details are synced to my phone's calendar and address book. Before I answer a call from a customer, I already know who they are and where they're from.

I've contacted Timely customer service several times with small, probably annoying tech questions. Without fail, I'll get a friendly reply from Jess or Andrew within hours that answers my question, and then some!

Timely are clearly listening to their many and varied small business customers and are continually adding improvements - things that I would never have thought of but once they appear I wonder how I ever did without them. They have a whole section of their website devoted to gathering possible new ideas and features, many of which end up being implemented.

I've had feedback from several of my customers about how organised and efficient they found the booking process - Timely gets all the credit for giving my customers a great experience and making my business look really good.

I love being able to support an innovative New Zealand company who are exporting their fabulous product to the world.

I'm thrilled to recommend Timely for any small business that relies on scheduling appointments or services.

Dee

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Pros

Would hands down bleed timely! Ease of use, log in from anywhere, online bookings, value for money.

Cons

reoccurring multiple treatments, sms templates, more colour options for different treatments

gemma
  • Industry: Cosmetics

By far, the most easy, stress free system!

Reviewed on 2023/08/18

Pros

Easy to use, helpful and support staff. Stress free system

Cons

Some times when cashing up. It logs itself out at times when cashing up.