SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews

SurveyMonkey Apply

Collect, manage & review applications.

carolyn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Pretty cool

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

I started using Survey Monkey to interact more with my customer base. I use it to create surveys to see what kind of products my customers would like to see me make, and it also helps me to determine what to sell my products for! I create a survey once every week or three, and I post it on social media where my customers can give me their input and help me better my business. I love how easy it is to create a survey and see the results. I'm very happy with this software.

Cons

Nothing, I love it very much, its a great way to get customers involved which makes them more interested in what you're doing.

We asked for a lot of customization and they delivered well.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Dynamic nature of judges and rounds. We have a competition with many, many rounds and hundreds of judges. No other software could manage it this easily.

Cons

There is no messaging automation. This is a burdensome tasks to manually send out messages after round completion. In addition, there is no drip capability.

Response from Momentive

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It¿s great to hear that we could customize the solution to meet your requirements. We did want to follow-up on your comment regarding message automation. This is possible in both SurveyMonkey Apply and FluidReview Pro and Enterprise Packages. Here are some useful articles that identify how this functionality works and get you started:
- FluidReview: https://fluidreview.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/223200748-How-to-Send-Emails-using-Triggers
- SM Apply: https://smapply.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001422634-How-to-Send-an-Automated-Email

If this is something you would like to explore more with our team or if there are other improvements you would like to make, please reach out to our Customer Success Team at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Pej Javaheri
GM - SurveyMonkey Apply

Emily
  • Industry: Higher Education

Unintuitive build, high learning curve, broken functionality, very buggy

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

Modern design, has advanced features and is easy to use for reviewers and applicants. Given complexity of site and the fact that the advanced features are buggy and do not work, these pros are not worth it. Run away and don't look back.

Cons

Very high learning curve for administrators. This site build and structure assumes the administrator has a level of programming knowledge, which is very unrealistic. Every process, action, and set up is overly complex, and is not built to easily support archival of data. For example, changing a small field on the application form means risking the deletion of past archived data. Why not just archive the form and create a new one? Not allowed because you have a limit to how many programs you can create.

You need to make 6 clicks navigating the site for a small task that should only require 1 or 2. For example, you need to create new users in the Manage Users page for the ENTIRE site, and THEN navigate to the specific program and click a button that switches between editing and monitoring the program, then start a new application for them, then click 3 more things in order to email them or assume their role. To assign reviews, you need to maneuver through three different parts of the website when it should all be housed in one.

Implementation and support is inefficient, scripted, detached, and aware of many existing flaws but unhelpful to solve. Many intuitive ways to streamline the administrative site are not implemented although they have been requested several months ago.

Review on using SurveyMonkey Apply

Reviewed on 2022/12/13

Pros

The ability to automate and systematize the majority of our administrative tasks is really valuable for our institution. Implementation of SurveyMonkey Apply was a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I wish there were more options in terms of customer service in the Caribbean. A live chat feature for queries would be really helpful because I find that serious issues might occasionally take days to resolve owing to the time difference.

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

survey your project

Reviewed on 2023/02/13

Pros

this app is very simple to use and make survey from people to decision on one matter that needs

Cons

no least in this app because is very easy to use

Logan
Logan

So easy to collect data!

Reviewed on 2022/12/17

Pros

I love how many options for different kinds of questions are easily added to surveys

Cons

Only 40 responses are able to come per survey

Jonathan
Jonathan
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used for 2+ years

Survey monkey review

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Completing surveys for employees.

Completing surveys for employees.

Pros

Program is very easy to use and has a simple, intuitive interface.

Cons

It’s simple interface has certain limitations in what it can be used for.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great Application Tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

Love this app, easy to use, user friendly, use it to provide certificates, and easy to train others on.

Cons

This is no automatic messaging system, you have to manually send out messages after round completion.

Response from Momentive

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review! I wanted to let you know that Apply has the ability to automatically send emails to your applicants based on different scenarios. We¿ve recently released more advanced email functionality which you can likely benefit from. For example, you can automatically remind applicants that a stage deadline is approaching or let an applicant know that their application has been received after they submit their application. Our team is committed to ensuring you're happy with Apply, so please reach out to [email protected] if you would like to discuss this further. We¿re here to help!

• Industry: Music
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

create quick and simple surveys fast

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Pros

can create quick & easy surveys to gather data and info in a short period of time

Cons

limited functionality and no ability to add graphics to the survey.

Customer Frontlines

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey Apply

ease of use for program and cost
Erin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Money for opinions

Reviewed on 2021/01/31

Pros

What i like the most about this software is they legitimately paid you cash or gift cards to frequently share your opinions on certain subjets.

Cons

There is not one bad thing i could say about this software i enjoy all the features.

Julie

Great product - not well known in the performing arts application world.

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Pros

The flexibility that we had to customize our entire application process from beginning to start. I like that we have the ability to build our things on our own but we also get some hours each year with an implementation specialist where we bounce ideas off that person to help solve different questions as they arose. Each year we use this system, we have the ability to get more creative with defining our process to meet the needs of our reviewers and applicants.

Cons

That we cannot have our reviewers see applications in more than one stage if they are not reviewing - this is a HUGE hindrance for us.

Emma

Software Successful for Music Program

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

We receive over 400 applications annually for our summer programs, which draw gifted young classical musicians from all over the world. Apply offers us an affordable, easy-to-manage solution for hosting our application, comprised of a written questionnaire and video submissions. While we utilize a breadth of features on the application side, our review side is much simpler - we do not use the rankings, scales, or comments - we've set up the system so the reviewers can view the application material, and that's it. We've used the software in the last five application cycles, and over the course of that time have seen regular improvements to both the backend and frontend interfaces. Apply even custom-built features for us; when they learned one of our reviewers needed to watch the videos on a mobile device, they customized the platform quickly so he could do so. They expanded the storage capacity, which enabled our applicants to complete the video submissions more efficiently. Overall, we're pleased to continue to use the software into the future.

Pros

Affordability, backend usability, regular improvements.

Cons

We do not use all of the functionality of the software on the review side, but this isn't really a con - we've been able to figure out a workaround every time.

Colin

Horrible User and Administration Experience

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Pros

I enjoy the aesthetics of application management related to the product.

Cons

This product DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED. It crashes regularly, times out, and overall does not function as intended, usually with DISASTROUS effects for our programs. The new user experience is probably the worst I've seen in modern IT, with a STEEP learning curve that will impact your reviewers and any external stakeholders that you want to utilize this software. Functionally, it is SLOW AS SIN and it takes FAR LONGER than necessary to complete even the most rudimentary tasks. The generated reports are AWFUL and are DIFFICULT TO EVEN USE and once you think you have everything set, the generated reports AREN'T EVEN RELIABLE and contain FAULTY DATA. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. I would never recommend this software to anyone unless I was purposefully trying to sabotage their work. AWFUL PLATFORM!!!!!

Irene

SurveyMonkey helps get the Homeowners view

Reviewed on 2021/12/23

We have had a positive experience using SurveyMonkey to determine which projects to more forward with and which ones to pause. While the Board of Directors may feel that a specific project will be of benefit to our community, if the homeowners within that community don't agree, then we as management know which path to take. SurveyMonkey is easy to use and helps us take the "pulse" of the community quickly.

Pros

SurveyMonkey allows the HOA management team and Board of Directors to determine what issues are most pressing to the homeowner population in our 5500+ community. Since we are a large , diverse community it is hard to know what is on everyone's mind all the time. When planning a large project, such as expanding our recreational facilities or building new amenities, such as baseball fields or pickleball courts, we need to input of our community. Projects can cost from a $1K to over $500K so if we are going to spend the homeowners money on projects, we need to know it's the right projects. SurveyMonkey is so easy to use and allows us to create a quick survey or a more extensive survey and push it out to our entire community. It's the only way we know what our community is really concerned about.

Cons

Like any software, learning the little short cuts and tricks to making it work for you, is trial and error. We find it best if we have 1 staff member in charge of all the surveys regardless of topic. That way, we have our resident expert working in the software and we can accomplish more surveys quickly.

Amy

Highly recommend Apply

Reviewed on 2015/12/11

As a part of my role at Teach For America, I manage two teaching awards where we had looked for an online platform to manage our applications. My immediate team had used Apply last year, but only with one of the teaching awards. This year I had joined the team as a new staff member, and we were looking not only to add another application platform for the second teaching award, but we also wanted to build out a separate nomination platform. I am new to Apply and struggle overall with technology, especially navigating platforms.

My team and I were lucky to work with Christian updating our existing teaching award application platform, building out a new platform, and creating a new nomination site. We initially worked with Mike and then Christian was assigned to us in the middle of our planning conversations. He quickly learned our context and figured out our needs in a short amount of time. It was rightfully challenging to figure out what was happening, but Christian did so with a lot of patience. We also needed to launch everything on a VERY tight timeline. We first spoke with Christian at the end of September and needed both new sites ready by November 2nd. Christian owned getting us organized by scheduling calls with us, checking in to follow up, and was able to meet our tight timeline. When we have talked with him, he is patient to talk with us, dedicated to getting answers to our questions, and resolving our needs/concerns. He has also been overall responsive to our emails. He was honest when the Apply site cannot be changed to meet some of our unique preferences, but brainstormed ways we could get around some of the hurdles. We have been happy with the Apply site and the customer service that has been provided. I highly recommend Apply and their services!!

Laura

Master's Program Online Application Made Easy

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Albany Law School was in a time crunch to get our Master's in Legal Studies application up and online. We gave Apply a tight deadline and they were able to accomplish the task quickly and professionally. The representatives we worked with were knowledgeable about how the product worked and helpful about best practices. We felt confident from day one that we would have a quality application process that would make both us, the reviewer, and the applicant happy. Any time we had questions or wanted to make an adjustment our Onboarding Specialist was quick to respond, often coming up with solutions that were better than we expected.

Pros

I like how easily customizable it is. We already had an idea of how we wanted things to look and Apply was able to deliver the application questions in the format we wanted. I also really like the automatic emails that can be triggered on an action. That makes communicating with applicants simple. I also appreciate the ability to "assume the role" which makes it easy to understand what the applicant is seeing.

Cons

The only thing that I wish it had was a communication log. However, because emails are automatic, we feel confident that the applicant has received the information we have sent.

Katy

Apply streamlined my processes!

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

This is my second year to use Apply and I am very excited to continue to use this product. Last year, Apply helped me manage all of the paper that comes during an application cycle. I was able to view online who has completed what sections, email reminders about deadlines, and download complete applications. This year I plan to bring my current students online, and my onboarder this year worked with me to help set this up as I had envisioned, which makes me even more excited about Apply. Carmelita listened and asked the right questions to make sure we setting this up the best way and utilizing all the system could offer. Also, I want to note that the day to day support is great as well. They generally respond within the hour to any problems.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

There are a few things that I would like to be able to do and I am not able to. Not a huge deal.

Kristin
  • Industry: Public Policy

Great product when you put in the work

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Overall, its a great software and perfect for what our organization needs. However, not everyone has an easy time understanding the back-end (which takes time and effort to learn) and that can put a lot of work on the few people that have learned how to use the software.

Pros

This product is great for the end user: looks great and easy to use for users applying for grants.

Cons

The back-end can be tricky to learn and can take a lot of effort to understand. It's not the most intuitive software.

Nicole

Amazing tool every company needs to use!

Reviewed on 2016/03/11

Apply program from Survey Monkey has amazingly transformed our HR department. With FR, I have been able to help our HR team move from paper files, 1000s of emails, high stress, and challenging communications to smooth operation with automated notices, internal operating transfers from stage to stage, and present a professional open communicating presona to our newly hired employees. I can't wait until next August when we start using the full range of the Apply program with even potential employees. ISP no longer have to keep different email folders on all it's new employees with 3 different staff members, chase paper files being passed around the office, or worry about our new employees wondering where they are in the "hiring process". With the Apply system we have automation in place, files can be viewed by multiple HR team members, and notes can be made to track progress.

Our on-boarding specialists (Christian Cusson) has been a wonderful guide and full of information. He has been willing to call me internationally with little notice to help me fix my learning curve errors and happily double checked my work when asked. He was very cooperative and flexible with our team and we felt comfortable asking him questions or even admitting "we don't know" or "we can't remember". Christian made this whole transition smooth and was a key to our success.

• Used for 1+ year

Good application software

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

For local chapter non-profits, this would be the perfect software. For those with national or worldwide level needs, this is not quite there yet.

Pros

The drag and drop builder feature is very helpful when creating a new application. The reports can be exported for additional needs and users are able to the count of open and completed requests at all times.

Cons

I work for a non-profit that has very specific reporting needs and the support I received when I asked about customizing questions and reporting data was a bit discouraging. I decided to go with another company that already knew what I needed and had prior experience with using existing templates to save me time.

Dwight
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used for 2+ years

Perfect Tool for Company Internal suggestions, Management Rating

Reviewed on 2021/07/30

Great for team communication.

Great for team communication.

Pros

I love most about this tool is that its easy for me and my team to deiced on different spiffs for hitting sales goals. " Do we go here? or do we do this" set it a few places and send it out to your team and they take a vote. very easy tool to use.

Cons

N/A this product works great. I've never experienced any difficulties using the survey monkey. its very easy to used.

Rahul
  • Industry: Medical Practice

SurveyMonkey Apply Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Excellent software, meets our needs and allows us to be efficient.

Excellent software, meets our needs and allows us to be efficient.

Pros

User friendly for both the applicant and the administrators

Cons

We would like to see a few more review options for scoring.

Brian
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product!

Reviewed on 2022/12/01

It’s quick easy fun and informative for my business needs

It’s quick easy fun and informative for my business needs

Pros

I enjoy great firms for customer feedback

Cons

I have no issues about it from day to day

Mailchimp
Pieter

Easy and Straightforward Grant Application System

Reviewed on 2017/01/03

I have used Apply for an internal grant application. It was a pleasure to work with the specialists from Apply, they were a tremendous help in guiding the process, providing very good training and assisting me in understanding the system.

Apply itself is a very straightforward and simple system to operate. Everyone knowing Survey Monkey can work with Apply. As simple as the system may be, it also offers many options to optimize and adapt the system to specific wishes and requirements.

Pros

Simple and straightforward system that is easy to operate and understand; expert support for developing, onboarding and understanding the system.

Cons

Training needs to be more adapted to the needs of the user. I used a simple application but have been introduced to all aspects of the system.

Kerrie

Easy! Every aspect of what I needed was thought of and provided through an easy, seamless...

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

A complete all in one package that takes the headache out of the more manual way were running our application process. From a management perspective it will mean less time spent on user platform/browser issues; processing issues eg missed applications, data entry etc; and a faster turn around time for our applicants because the review will be much easier to set-up.

Pros

The whole process from initial consultation to our program set-up moved smoothly. Learning a new platform can be challenging so I was a little nervous however the program is well though out and the training and support was great. The program is super easy to navigate through and to administer. I am looking forward to the next few months of having our applicants and reviewers use the program.

Cons

Not sure yet, just getting started with it but so far the whole process has been a wonderful experience and easy for me to get started with. I am not sure if the annual cost will be a limiting factor down the road to maintain depending on what other additions we might want to add on.