7shifts

4.7 (1,171)
Write a Review!
Simplifying team management, one shift at a time.

(1,171)

heather
heather

7shifts, not just for scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pros

7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules.

the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability.

the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts.

the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks.

the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Cons

there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Mahmud

All in one

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Great customer service, easy to use

Great customer service, easy to use

Pros

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience.

User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

Cons

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Buddy Punch and ScheduleFlex

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Hard to use, bad customer service, behind todays technology

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Easy of use, lots of capabilities, communication with team members very easily, free text message automatically daily reminders to employees for their upcoming shift

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Matthew
  • Industry: Hospitality

7Shifts went to a great platform for a good price to completely unusable and shockingly...

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

This software previously helped us save time and implement clear communication. It now is unusable and has little to no benefit.

Pros

7Shifts has a clean website that is easy to use when it is up. The best thing about the software was how it worked before they updated the system to be unusable and increased their prices by almost 600%.

Cons

7Shifts' new tools are not thoughtful and don't work with other systems. They have overhauled their system and the new system consistently has issues that make the website and apps unusable. Additionally, the regular system crashes come as 7shifts went from a very reasonable a month depending on the size of your business, to $57 for what we were paying a month for previously. Poor support along with a "Sorry! You are SOL" way of doing business makes 7Shifts a must avoid. Every update from 7Shifts has also included problem after problem. While the system to sign up for their service never goes down, the apps and website are now regularly unusable.

Allison
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A good product with room for improvement

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Pros

The scheduling portion is pretty easy. I like that I can copy from one week to the other, and that I can get a "warning" if someone has asked for time off or is not available. The newer on-boarding package features are really helpful. I like that we can add time off policies. The announcement feature is nice and I like and that it has read receipts. There are quite a few features to 7shifts, and I don't even use all of them, but it's nice to know they are there. Overall, 7 Shifts helps me to keep organized and streamline my processes. It saves me a lot of time!

Cons

I like to print off the time off calendar so my staff can see who has time off, but it is not currently printer friendly. I have to take a screen shot of the page, then crop it and print. I wish the calendar could be downloaded as a PDF.
We often have glitchy issues with the 7shifts app. For instance, I never get notified of time off requests, even though I have push notifications and email turned on. My staff often tells me that they can't swap shifts because the app is glitching out.
I also wish that if an employee is flagged "sick" for their shift, but their shift got covered, that the app would not send me, and the person who is sick, notifications that they haven't punched in for their shift. That is very annoying.
I am not a fan of the new time clocking reports they are trying out. It is confusing and does not provide a clear picture of total hours nor can I print off a time sheet for someone to correct. It's not a good "update" at all. I think 7shifts has so many features, and they seem to be always adding new ones, that they might be having a hard time optimizing the ones they already have.

Response from 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any extra feedback or questions.

Leslie

Best Decision

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting
We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour
We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability
Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management
Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management
Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report
We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc)
Employees can access by phone or computer
Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift
Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor
Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Keith

Love 7Shifts!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

Pros

I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members.

Cons

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

When I Work

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

HotSchedules was to cumbersome and slow. They charged for the app. They were slow to change and very expensive.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The team at 7Shifts was always there when I had a question and made the integration process seamless.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Chef Steven

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros

- Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Gerad

A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Pros

7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software.

I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Cons

I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant).

I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts.

Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

7shifts is really a suite of extremely well-thought-out and heavily integrated tools that work in concert to form a single application/website where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Their user and administrator documentation is great, they have mobile apps for both major platforms, and their scheduling software directly addresses common restaurant use cases in ways that just make sense for both staff and management. 7shifts integrated with our TouchBistro Point of Sale software. Finally, this was the only scheduling company I could find that applied Machine Learning algorithms to scheduling/shift data to create an auto-scheduling feature. That was the starting point of my search for scheduling software, as scheduling is a really great use of this type of AI tech.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

We looked at about a dozen other scheduling platforms, most of which I can't remember any longer, but like I said earlier, 7shifts is not just a scheduling platform -- it is 100% geared towards restaurant use, where most of the others are generalist platforms. Out of the scheduling platforms that did focus on restaurants, 7shifts lead the pack by miles in terms of its capability (like 3rd-party integrations), robustness, and thoughtful approach toward solving problems in ways that make both staff and management happy. At the time, 7shifts was the only platform I could find that would apply machine-learning artificial intelligence workflows to restaurant scheduling, which was something I am passionate about and really want to see at our organization.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

Chris

Stacked and Folded Social House Review of 7Shifts

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Overall it is a solid product, very happy with it!! I feel it blows Hot Schedules out of the water!!

Pros

Ease of use, lay out, certain reports. Ease for staff to communicate and input their availability and time off requests. It is user friendly on the front end.

Cons

Better labor forecasting, actual v forecasted, Day part labor separation ( lunch v dinner) and real-time labor v forecasted v last week ( or last quarter or last year). Being able to break down the sales by day part along with labor would be fantastic. Also the "optimal labor" tool is pretty weak and the graph used is not helpful.
Tip pooling or tip reporting enhancements. I have three cashiers on, having them the program able to split up the group tips by hours worked on that shift.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

I liked the way it looked, the ease of learning it and the great support staff when we first started!!! Their patience and understanding was just awesome!!!

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Chris!

Stephanie
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 2021/06/21

Support is phenomenal, and I find the program very user friendly. It was exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

It was critical for us to find software that would track each employee's unique schedule availability and limitations, and allow each other to automatically see the shift pool. It has reduced headaches and made team communications about the schedule virtually seamless.

Cons

We are missing the ability to see which manager makes what changes to already published schedules - it would be nice to have a "versions" page to see who made what switches. We would also like a bit more robust availability planning capability. Some of our staff can only work seasonally, others who work every other weekend - it would be nice to be able to set this up.

When I Work and WhenToWork

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

7Shifts offered so many features in the premium level, for about $10 more than what we were paying with our previous software. It also really mattered that 7Shifts doesn't charge per employee. We have room to grow without exponentially increasing related expenses.

Response from 7shifts

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed review Stephanie! I sent this to a few members of our team and all of them were blown away by your feedback. We really appreciate it.

To your feedback regarding which managers make changes to the schedule, you have the ability to see some of this in the Audit Log which you have access to in your account. You can learn more about it here: https://support.7shifts.com/article/256-activity-log

However, we our team agrees that this probably won't satisfy exactly what you are looking for, so we add added it to our development backlog to consider.

Thanks again for your feedback and congratulations on all the success you are having with 7shifts!

Andreina
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Potential

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

So Far it has worked for our company, hopefully we can further develop our usage.

Pros

The software has a lot of potentials to be great, the best part of it is the integration with POS so we can have real-time data.

Cons

There are sections like time-sheets that are unnecessarily hard and not user-friendly.

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

The software was very user-friendly but the app itself keeps crashing or lagging delaying our process when doing scheduling and payroll.

Homebase

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Did not like the Fourth interface.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Andreina! As you mentioned, we look forward to showing you the full potential of how 7shifts can help your restaurant. As such, your dedicated success manager to see how they can help you out :)

Joshua
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great system and developing nicely

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

Pros

During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

Cons

It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Better than other scheduling apps

Reviewed on 2022/12/13

Pros

Setting up availabilities and scheduling is very easy and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes there'll be a notification even though the notification has already been resolved.

Slack

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Homebase was not as functional and user-friendly as 7shifts appears to be.

Homebase

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Cheaper, user-friendly and does a lot of the tasks I wanted to be done.
Denise

Great Resource for Restaurant Mangement

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Overall 7shifts has really productively impacted our day to day. Reservation booking, management notes, scheduling have all been digitized and made accessible anywhere we are. This allows for us to work on things and make educated decisions even when we are off property.

Pros

The best features of this program is all around communication. That includes communication from ownership on down. Everyone always has quick access to the notes and day to day. Management log and scheduling were the biggest attractions for us.

Cons

The biggest con for me so far is the permissions. We can only designate one Administrator and we cannot customize all permissions down quite as much as we need or would like. Sometimes we are stuck with "all or nothing" permissions decisions for some staff members.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The toast integration option, pricing, trial period, and overall product availability that we were looking for.

Response from 7shifts

Thank you for the great, detailed review Denise!

Ann

Literally changed my life

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros

How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues.
Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons

Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us.
the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

Tory
  • Industry: Restaurants

Lots of Bang for the Buck!

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Great tutorials
Fast and friendly support staff
Efficiency for reviewing labor
Incredibly communication tool between staff and management
Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented
Fair price for the power of the product

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

Kaitlin

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

Overall 7shifts is the best scheduling software I have worked with (schedule fly, day force, written schedules). I would say the best part of the company is that they truly care about their clients and take the time to do serves like this one to keep in the know about customer satisfaction and are always striving to improve the product to adapt to all the industries they serve.

Keep on doing what you are doing, it's working!

Pros

It is very user friendly. Schedules are easily created and notifications are sent to employees if any changes are made. This eliminates me having to individually reach out to employees. I also love the announcement board for when I need to inform my crew of changes to the menu or any other operational changes.

Cons

When inputting events into the calendar it would be nice to have more formating options. Ex. Type of event, time frame (if it extends past 12am making it so it doesn't show on the calendar for the next day)

Also when employees try to book time off outside of the allotted time frame it would be nice if the admin still got notified since most employees just text you about it anyways. Perhaps the message could say "your time off request has been submitted but it is outside of the scheduling time frame therefore it cannot be guaranteed" or something like that.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words and detailed feedback Kaitlin. We love working with you and the rest of the Drift team and can't wait until we can come visit you soon.

Rick

I never thought I'd depend on 7shifts so much

Reviewed on 2021/09/10

Pros

The longer we use 7shifts the better it gets. I use it for scheduling, employee newsletters, our employees use it to chat back and forth with eachother and the owners, shift swapping, time-clocking (with PUNCH) and payroll. It basically replaces the need for an HR position. Because we've used it now for a few years, I can quickly scroll back to last year and see our sales trends over time to predict sales and predict staffing requirement. Sometime I forget when we changed our hours last year, so I can easily check that through 7shifts. Also I can play around with future schedules to analyze when we need to hire a new employee or if it's worth it to add or delete days from our schedule.

Cons

Nothing I don't like...but here is an idea for a new feature. I wish I could get an immediate alert (to the owner) if the sales go higher or lower than set parameters for a certain time period. This would tell me that something is wrong (like no sales for 2 hours...uh oh...did we close? is something broken?) or the restaurant needs help (like 3 hours worth of sales in 45 minutes...oh no, we're slammed and need extra hands).

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words and the great suggestion Rick. We love hearing that 7shifts is increasing in value the longer you use it. Thanks for being a great partner and for trusting us to help your restaurant.

Katie

Just BE Kitchen review

Reviewed on 2023/05/25

Overall been a good experience

Overall been a good experience

Pros

It is easy to use and has made things easier with the Toast integration. We switched from Jolt to 7 shifts and have much more control over metrics and tying everything together with the Toast integration. Task lists are easy to create and use. Event calendar helps us communicate events to staff

Cons

Labor tracking and scheduling hours are confusing and dificult to determine how those numbers are calculted. They dont align with Toast, so we can never figure out how 7 shifts system is coming up with the labor numbers from the schedule. It is difficult when salaried employees are included on the schedule and Toast caluclates differently

Andrew
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing for scheduling and time clock!

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

7shifts has been a really positive experience.

7shifts has been a really positive experience.

Pros

We have used 7shifts since we started our company. We wanted something that could be easy for everyone to use, and we've seen a ton of efficiency improvements over the years! It has been really easy to have different managers run the schedule with ease, and the analytics are helpful for running payroll as well. Would definitely reccomend 7shifts and 7punches as a combination tool.

Cons

No cons to mention! The improvements over the last few years have really made 7shifts and outstanding product.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Ease of use and easy to setup.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thank you for such a great review Andrew. We really love hearing from restaurants that chose 7shifts when they started their business and the impact it has had over the years. Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to serving you for years to come

arpita

Excellent scheduling software!

Reviewed on 2018/08/18

I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule!

It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Pros

No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Cons

There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

Response from 7shifts

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

Jose Juan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

7Shifts is the most used app other than our POS. Great value!

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Scheduling with 7Shifts is a breeze. It is well designed and functions. This in itself is all I need from my scheduling app to have a good experience while doing a task that can very easily become tedious. 7Shifts makes scheduling for us a fun task.

Pros

While 7Shifts was the first and original scheduling app we tested, we did try 2-3 others. But we kept coming back to 7Shifts. At the center of this decision was the ease of use, and nice design that allowed for easier scheduling. A scheduling app has to do that and work for us. Without this ease of use scheduling can be a a tedious task. 7Shifts makes this a breeze.

Cons

I think 7Shifts has a very good core product (scheduling). And I only wish we had more time to test other features. But that is more on us, than the app. The one feature I wish we had back, as an administrator I wish I had the ability to quickly help employees with their password management. Resetting the passwords used to be easy some years back, whereas the admin was able to set-up a password for the end-user. That feature went away some years back.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Jose! We really appreciate hearing that 7shifts is one of the most-used apps in your restaurant.

Becca

Events and 7shifts

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

It has been way better that hot schedules and I am happy thus far especially with the customer service !

Pros

I like that I can use it on my phone or computer!

Cons

Sometimes the publishing gets confusing and I can’t find workers when I need them

Toast POS

More user friendly

We got both

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Becca!

Emilee
  • Industry: Entertainment

7Shifts saved my company!

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Pros

It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Cons

I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

Bill

Employees love it!

Reviewed on 2024/03/21

Makes employee communication easier. The fact that they can put up a shift and get it covered without anything but observation makes it a really valuable product

Pros

The employees are clear on when they are scheduled.

Cons

The experience of the app doesn't translate to the computer