1 795 reviews

AVG Business Edition

Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

4,3
Selena G.
Industry: Writing & Editing

No Nonsense Security, Does The Job

Reviewed on 2019/09/28

AVG has run on multiple computers and through several upgrades and operating systems and has held up and been fantastic each and every time. I will continue to use it and recommend it because I feel like it delivers on what it promises.

Pros

After so many years a slave to software like Norton which was repeatedly buggy, inefficient and had terrible customer service, AVG has been a breath of fresh air. It does what you need it to. It runs system virus checks, can secure individual downloads, can offer alerts, without all the bloatware, or constant malfunction of having things slip by it. It just works and I love it for that. Especially considering that many of these things are available in the free version of the software and you get even more security when you pay for the professional version.

Cons

Recently they have started to run what seem like alerts on the free software but are really advertisements for upgrades. I feel like this is a bit underhanded and don’t really appreciate this strategy. A simple email or sale or occasional pop up would be more effective than telling me something is not secure then asking me if I want to pay to secure it.

Alexandru B.
Industry: Banking

Great antimalware technology product with the potential to be in the top 5

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Great protection level, I would rank AVG IS in the top 10 antimalware solutions.

Pros

Greater than average detection rate. Low resources requirements and usage. Good-great user interface, intuitive placing of settings and enough granularity for entry and mid-level users.

Cons

It only crashed on very few occasions per 100 PCs, but when it did - it was catastrophic and the Windows systems did not boot and/or they were unrecoverable.
Prices are a bit higher than expected with more capable solutions being priced lower or the same by the competiton.

Christophere L.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Avg has effectively protected longerthen most

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Avg has been a part of my life for years when I was young and everything was handed down because I was broke avg was there for me protecting me when I needed it most thank you avg

Pros

I would have to say first thing that comes to mind is they have offered free protection and quality protection at that to people who lack fgd budget for many years. Yes there paid service is far more exquisite in the aspect that it has more bells and whistles but regardless they have not only cared about profits which is very respectable and that holds merit and says alot about there company. what that tells me is they care about the customer. Avg has real time protection with a very frequently updated data base that contains all the new Trojans, worms, malware, ransomware and more that could potentially harm you. They efficiently watch all the right things in all the right places to catch what is coming in and going out. The avg crew are masters of there craft and can do anything your macafee and Norton can do and more I give them 2 thumbs up I'd give them 3 but I'm il equipped.

Cons

Down sides to avg is that they offer so much in avg for free that they have probably affected there own sales so cheers to them for truely caring about the customer

Paul T.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

AVG Internet Security, reliable and easy to install

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

AVG is a stable approach to a simple internet security level, installed at the users client.
Although the CPU usage is heavier on older laptops, pricewise it's one of the best options in the market.

Pros

Time to install and rollout is simple and well structured together.
Overall resource usage is low, and has enough functions to automate on a user level, different kind of scans and frequencies.

Overall a solid scanner, with frequent updates

Cons

Doesn't block plugins automated. Overall heavier in CPU use during checks than direct competitors.
Some bloatware on user level

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Very strong and powerful antivirus software

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

I like it most for best internet working free from several viruses.

Pros

Way of capturing viruses and scanning technology

Cons

It's multiple functions and tools for different types of viruses

Alvaro M.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

AVG is fast and reliable!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Internet Security has never been more necessary in this millennial / digital age. AVG gives me the confidence in using my PC for internet research, downloading of files, and just about anything that may seem scary to infect my computer. False positives come very very rarely for me.

Good threat detection and easy on my hardware. AVG Free is good enough, but go for the paid one if you need extra coverage and support!

Pros

I was first introduced to AVG back in college. It was the AV of choice for the entire university deployment. I was then part of the technical support team for the implementation.

I find AVG to be fast and does not take a toll on system resources (e.g., others are memory hogs). I also like the interface which is intuitive and easy to operate. Back then, I found it easy to teach the (older) end-users. The updates come in regularly, and up-to-speed whenever new threats come about.

It has good detection. I compared it with other more popular antivirus software, and it's detection is almost similar, if not more comprehensive.

Cons

AVG performs best with the basic protection.. other AV's have come up with extra features and better malware protection... something worth improving on for AVG to stay on top.

Steven V.
Industry: Automotive

Easy to Use Free AV

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

I really love this product. It's really the best AV out there, and it's free.

Pros

This Anti-Virus software is very reliable for being free. It not only protects and scans, it also fixes any errors it finds. You can quarantine any virus definitions and download them from an updated database. It has clean disk, fix errors, scan for viruses, and firewall. A very good tool for your protection.

Cons

To be honest I wouldn't change a thing about this software. There are so man others out there that do less but charge an exponential amount of money to use. Want protection for free, go with AVG.

Industry: Banking

My first free antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

It is an excellent free software for those who want to surf the internet safely, without having to pay for an antivirus.

Pros

AVG Internet Security was my first free antivirus. But unlike other antivirus products on the market, the free version is complete. Protects your computer from spyware, malware, trojans, among other types of viruses. The scan is complete and passes through all drivers.

Cons

Although the free version has many benefits, the user of this version receives many advertisements to upgrade to the paid version. The free version should have an option in the settings to not receive promotions.

Dilushi Y.
Industry: Medical Practice

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Few years go when I was in university my friend gave me his USB driver. And I came back to my home and plug it to my pc and i open it and save some kind of educational stuff to my pc and I turn it off. And the next day I turn on my pc and on my desktop their is only shortcuts.on that day I lost my all the documents ,photos and everything which were in pc. So ater that incident I used my lifesaver AVG and now I don’t worry about my stuff in pc because I have more than two year experience by using AVG antivirus sowtware and I highly recommended AVG to the person who had bad experience like me.

Pros

AVG is the best antivirus software and the person who would like to have a peaceful mind should have AVG. Because if we already have this software we don’t have to worry about viruses specially we can download anything from internet like documents,files , software andalso plug USB devices without fear. Andalso it proctect us from hackers. So that’s why I called AVG Is my LIFESAVER. Another thing is AVG is not only for pc it also give protection to our phones.(I already downloaded AVG through play store)

Cons

Occasionally appears on my desktop,a remider to upgrade software , try free trail like this kind of things.

Patrizia I.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: Self Employed

Useful antivirus, widely customizable and affordable

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

I had some problems with different free antiviruses, such as low efficacy against new viruses and uninstallation difficulties. Then I decided to try AVG and now I can finally sleep peacefully.

Pros

AVG is a great antivirus, available two versions: basic protection (freemium) and full protection.

For private use, I installed the basic version on my personal computer and smartphone, because it admirably meets my security needs. Indeed, it offers effective computer and web/email protection.

Surely, the basic version has some gaps that need to be filled for business use. Indeed, only the full option ensures the protection of your personal and payment from viruses and hacker attacks.

You can easily set your preferences for each protection field, meaning that you can choose how strong the protection should be and you can also schedule virus check, computer scan, and updates.

Cons

AVG might slow down your devices, so if your computer is not powerful enough, before installing AVG check how much resources it requires and evaluates if it is the best choice for your needs.

Brandon G.
Industry: Internet

Antivirus solution with it all

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

AVG is my go to for antivirus protection on my PC. It works well with automated scans and up to date virus protection. Additional features like VPN, PC cleaning and firewall are a welcomed addition to my PC.

Pros

AVG has a number of extra tools in their suite which makes it a great addition to the security tool belt for my PC. Including PC scrubbing which helps deep clean the computer of junk.

Cons

As with most antivirus software constant reminders to upgrade or add this or that is always annoying. I did snag it on sale so keep an eye out.

Nathan K.

The Antivirus that works against viruses and not your PC.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

What I like the most about AVG is that it actually works against viruses and not your PC. Should it not otherwise, it is fairly easy to navigate through the program and create exceptions for the programs that AVG wrongfully blocks.

I have used many antivirus programs throughout the years and many of them always conflicted with other programs I use, my internet, or did too much more than simply keep viruses out of my PC. AVG gets the job done, provides you with options on how, and gives you the stats on what's going on. Their easy-to-navigate user interface makes problems that occasionally arise easily solvable, compared to most other programs out there.

Cons

What I like the least does not have to do with the software itself, but with it's advertising. More often than not, I will occasionally get a pop-up on my desktop pushing for me to upgrade my AVG, start a free trial, and other things of the sort. Though I do not mind this kind of popup once in a while, AVG does it quite often, but it can be easily overlooked.

Jon K.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

I have been using AVG for both personal and work for the last 10 years. Never had a problem with them. Very solid stuff.

Pros

It doesn't bog your computer down. Most Anit-virus software kills your CPU, AVG doesn't. Runs smoothly in the background and keeps you protected. For the most part, you won't ever even know it's there.

Cons

The pop-ups. This is free software and paid, and if you opt for the free version they really want you to upgrade. Other than that solid product.

Alexander C.
Industry: Computer Software

It Just Works!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

AVG has protected my computer from phishing tools that could have left me jobless. I am very grateful for this fact.

Pros

AVG is often free, and has been excellent at defending my computer (personal and business use) from malicious threats.

Cons

AVG do prompt me occasionally with other products from their line up that do not interest me, and/or cost additional amounts of money. Normally Windows Defender is enough to protect myself from dodgy internet sites.

Eduardo L.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Quite good because ever since I have ben using the product I have had no problems as far as malaware and computer viruses are concerned. Qhile with Tune up this experience has nort been that good, that does not mean that the extension is faulty

Pros

Ever since I stated usin AVG to protect my devices I have felt that they are fully protected. I have come to trust AVG and its support a great deal.

Cons

When I purchesed Tune Up (a feature that goes beyond the essentials of AVG), I had problems with my phone, so I stopped its use. I would point out, however, that my reluctunce to use it may be due to mylack of security when it comes to fixing technical problems related to my computer, cellular phone, etc. I might eventually change my mind

Chris G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Holds up better than others at a much better value

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

After working with 2 different popular paid protection software companies, we switched to the AVG free version and have had much better success. Can't go wrong that way.

Pros

We use the free version as our primary protection and we have yet to have anything break it, as we had in the past with paid protection software.

Cons

If you want to call this a negative I wish I could get the full version for free, but since the free version has been effective to date, I guess I have no negatives.

Adele G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Quality AntiVirus software for any budget

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I was the program manager at a homeless shelter and I had AVG installed on all the staff computers. We never had a problem with it and it worked very well.

Pros

I love that they offer a free version that is actually free and works well. I had a computer technician at a shop tell me that the only AntiVirus software he used and recommended to his customers was AVG. He told me that there was no reason to pay a lot of money for fancy AntiVirus software when AVG worked just as well and was in fact simpler to install and easier to use. I have been using it for years and like how easy it is to install and keep updated. I recommend this product to people all the time.

Cons

If you are trying to install the free version and you don't pay attention you might end up installing a trail version of the upgraded software. Just make sure to select the version to want instead of just keeping the version it defaults to.

Antonio S.

very comfortable for the protection of your business teams generates a lot of confidence

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

trust, job security, better performance in my team and comity at the time of my daily activities.

Pros

I like it a lot because it is very easy to use it is friendly in that sense.

has the option of real-time protection of email files and instant messages which allows you to stay safe when you perform your daily activities

it uses few resources of the computer what allows to use the antivirus in the background while you use your programs of work.

It has resistant protection, with certifications of vb100%.

and is valid for any commercial operating system

Cons

among the very few disadvantages for this great antivirus
It has no support 24 hours a day or 7 days a week, this is improving little by little.
It does not support OS from servers such as Windows Server 2003, nor does it support the Windows XP Pro x64 edition. that by now very little use it
- Unable to analyze units in network.

Samuel M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A Great App

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

Pros

Ease of installation, ease of use and does not slow down my computer. Starts up in the background and is working as described in the background. Updates on it s own. Never had a problem with it for over 2 years now.

Cons

No cons so far. Don;t have any issue with this product.

Arpan S.
Industry: Computer Software

All In One!

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

I am using this software from last 10 years and never got a virus!
It is a must download software for an average home user.

Pros

- Perfect software to guard a device against malware attacks and threats to one's privacy.
- Comes equipped with TuneUp utility that makes a PC faster and smoother. It removes bloatware and adware causing performance issues.
- The installation of the software is quick and can be customized according to one's needs.

Cons

- The free version does not include advance features such as Firewall support, preventing people watching through webcam, antivirus for cellphones.
- Often popups are shown recommending in buying other AVG products which can be annoying at times.
- It is highly recommended to have a computer with good hardware configuration before installing this software. Otherwise, computer will become slow.

Alyssia B.
Industry: Environmental Services

Too many pop up ads

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

As long as I don't get a virus I can live with the pop up ads. So overall it is a good security system for a laptop.

Pros

The good thing about this software is that it does actually work. I have not had any viruses or any threats to my laptop since I installed it.

Cons

The bad part is that it has tried to charge me more than once. After my free trial the total came out of my account. A few days later it tried to charge me again. Thankfully my bank blocked the transaction but I still had to cancel my card and wait for a new one. Also there are a lot of pop up ads that recommend you add other services through them but to me it really wasn't worth it.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Industry: Higher Education

Best protection for your computer. AVG is always up to date, fast, and accurate.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

AVG has so far provided me with great support. Since installing AVG my system did not have any issues. It regularly updates and scans your computer. It also detects malware which is very important if you are downloading files regularly.

Pros

Having used various types of antivirus and malware protection software, I found that AVG served me best. It has a good malware protection system. It has other great capabilities such as destroying any given file leaving no trace of it. I find this very useful specially with the online threats from virus and malware. One of my personal favorite feature is that it does not slow the performance of the computer. AVG regularly updates and helps protect the system.

Cons

Sometimes when you use AVG for full system scans it becomes power hungry and slows the computer. But it only happens when you run a full scan on your system.

Hilary C.
Industry: Veterinary

AVG for maximum security

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

safe browsing and safe files are guaranteed when you use avg, I love it. When l switched phones l forgot to put avg and my memory card got corrupted. It became unusable. when l had Avg that just never happened .

Pros

it protected my tablet for more than 3 years, and l noticed my memory card in the phone never got corrupted.
it can be optimized to make scheduled cleaning of the phone, and it gave me recommendations of battery usage and other things. It always had warnings whenever l visited unsafe sites.
its very easy to install and use compared to other antiviruses like smadav. And its compatible with android mobile phone
you never worry about hacking and viruses or corruption of files

Cons

constant notifications and popups from avg drain phone battery

Aaron D.
Industry: Internet

I've been recommending AVG for about 10 years now...

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

Superb antivirus protection and much, much more! Been using and recommending AVG for about 10 years and will continue to!

Pros

We ran a free computer repair fair for years at the local university where twice a year, we'd fix about 100 "broken" computers over a course of a long day. For most of these computers, the culprit was that their box was overrun with viruses. The free version of AVG fixed almost every single one of those computers, so well over 1000! Since then, whenever someone asks for an antivirus solution recommendation, I tell them AVG - but I encourage the full version since there's so much better protection.

Cons

As with any good antivirus solution, there's constant updates, firewall issues, and annoying messages. Not really anything you can do about those since that's just part of the job.

Francis C.
Industry: Graphic Design

excellent anti virus

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

It has been a very good experience I recommend it

Pros

It is really important to have this anti virus in the company, it is easy to use and we can all use it. It is good to have avg because it neutralizes virus threats and our computers are free from breakdowns or damage by computer viruses, it is advisable to use it and I love being able to have it within the company where you are working day by day.

Cons

My complaint is for technical support because they should respond more quickly and efficiently, it would also be a good idea for all users from anywhere in the world to have access to technical support from the native language and not only in English, this to each User would give you greater satisfaction and the problems would be solved much easier and faster.