AVG Antivirus Business Edition Reviews

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

4.3 (2,128)
Write a Review!
Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

(2,128)

JAZE
JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

AVG Antivirus Business Edition (In My Opinion)

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

It has reduced the amount of cyber disruptions I was facing dramatically. I inherited a computer from one of my colleagues that just gave up on his device and decided to rather donate it to me instead seeing that I was more computer-savvy. I found the device to be riddled with trojan horses and rootkits of all sorts, but one quick installation of AVG sorted that computer out quickly and now I am able to use it with no problems.

Pros

AVG is an easy to use, hassle-free solution for everyone. It has clear-cut, straightforward user interface that's simple enough to navigate through and does a good job of keeping cyber threats away from your system.

Cons

It takes quite a while to get the job done, it scans for so long that you end up thinking something went wrong with it but I guess it is just doing a thorough job of finding any faults your machine might be suffering from.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I had a copy of AVG on me at the time so I decided to give it a try and see how effective it would be, it definitely got the job done.
Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 2021/05/09

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, it was still better than the alternatives.
Ben

They used to be a good product with a solid foundation, but I don't feel like they are anymore

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

I used to like them and they were my go-to for anything personal computer (in both the home and office) cyber security solution, and I recommended it to anyone who asked me. However, in recent years they moved into more shady areas and I no longer recommend them. Consider alternatives like Avast instead - or check your nearby Google for "best internet security for 2020" for other alternatives, as these can change year-by-year.

Pros

It's very easy to use and set-up, and it's a known name in the industry, and in general with always anyone who owned a Windows computer in the last 10 years ago. They do provide some security, but I'm not sure it's really needed at this point in time for more users. See cons for more details.

Cons

In the past, maybe 10-15 years ago, they were my go-to antivirus etc. solution, for both home and office usage, but have since silently pivoted to more shady stuff like data collection, and practices that seem to me more like malware, and not something that protects _against_ malwares.

Scott

Much More Than Just Free Protection

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

AVG has given me solid protection for an affordable price, and makes it easy to manage my home systems through their export and import settings feature, which covers every part of the software. In using their unlimited devices license I am able to deploy Internet Security on ALL my home systems, and configure them all in just seconds by just importing my config file and signing into my account.

Pros

The PAID version of AVG is much improved over the free version, beyond the obvious expanded abilities. Since switching I've seen a significant decrease in memory and cpu usage without affecting the software's abilities, which is a huge PRO over performance draining AV softwares. Another big pro is how easy they've made it to temporarily pause protection for random amounts of time, and they've made it MUCH easier to add exclusions for folders AND files than previous years. The export/import settings feature is a HUGE time saver, especially if you are using their unlimited systems version on multiple PCs.

Cons

Even though switching to the paid version reduces system usage a good bit, I still consider AVG too resource intensive. However, the biggest con is that they still try to sneak in extra software on you. In my case, they snuck in a trial version of their AVG Tune Up despite the fact that I did a custom install and that program wasn't shown as being available.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Price. I caught a sale at NewEgg that was simply too good to resist!
Reece

My anti-virus of choice

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

I've used this for many years and always seems to be my go-to option when I need free anti-virus. Most of the time it will keep your system well protected. Most of the time!

Pros

This is probably the "best" free antivirus software you're likely to find and has a solid reputation with many years experience under its belt. For the most part, it does the job quite well.

Cons

Can sometimes feel a little "clunky" to use, and unlike alternative "paid" options, does not include the whole internet security package with firewalls and other security tools you're likely to find in premium products.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Very strong and powerful antivirus software

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

I like it most for best internet working free from several viruses.

I like it most for best internet working free from several viruses.

Pros

Way of capturing viruses and scanning technology

Cons

It's multiple functions and tools for different types of viruses

• Industry: Banking

My first free antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

It is an excellent free software for those who want to surf the internet safely, without having to pay for an antivirus.

Pros

AVG Internet Security was my first free antivirus. But unlike other antivirus products on the market, the free version is complete. Protects your computer from spyware, malware, trojans, among other types of viruses. The scan is complete and passes through all drivers.

Cons

Although the free version has many benefits, the user of this version receives many advertisements to upgrade to the paid version. The free version should have an option in the settings to not receive promotions.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Affordable business antivirus solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

We are using the solution in one of our grant offices and I must say its proving to be effective. The added advantage of mobile protection is a good incentive too

Pros

I like that AVG offers free protection on mobile devices as long as you are a verified customer
We are applying this solution in one of our smaller departments and its within the budget. Its very affordable
Realtime protection is assured as long as it is kept in updated state.

Cons

I doubt if it can be scaled to cover the needs of the whole organisation across the globe. I don't like that I have to use another special to completely uninstall it from a decommissioned computer.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

We were impressed by the public user reviews and we were eager to try it out, results were impressive enough
Latonja
Latonja
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Safe&Secure

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

AVG Internet Security suite is amazing software. It blocks spam and malware impressively. It will keep your systems running smoothly.

Cons

This software does lag on updates from time to time.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It worked best for me and it was also very affordable
César José
César José
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Acceptable, but not at the level of the competition.

Reviewed on 2022/05/27

Pros

The software fulfills the purpose of being a tool to detect viruses and threats to the computer. It has a simple installation process, and it detects the most frequent viruses that appear while browsing the Internet. The virus database engine works fine, but I think it could be much more optimal with regards to recall consumption.

Cons

The graphical interface is not very nice, but it fulfills the purpose of guiding the user in the first use. Before it offered an attractive offer, but now it is one more of many. The database engine consumes a lot of computer resources, and its update sometimes requires more time than the competition, but it is a minor detail.

Daniel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Internet Security, Hands Down!

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

I will continue to use AVG and tend to recommend it to friends and family who are having problems with internet garbage and viruses. I have not had one problem with it installed on a computer. Maybe I'm lucky; probably, AVG works!

Pros

AVG Internet Security is my go-to anti-virus software. I use it for all of my business computers, personal computers, and always recommend it. I have never had a problem.

Cons

Honestly, AVG has never given me problems. My husband is a tech nerd and swears by Bitdefender but I have had multiple problems with functionality of their antivirus. AVG is solid.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Bitdefender is intrusive and limits my abilities.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I have used Norton in the past and was not impressed with the price, service, or usefulness. I'm glad I chose AVG
Alexander

AVG the old faithful

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

In our business we work with some of the largest banks in South Africa, they require strict security on our workstations and with AVG we meet all their requirements.

Pros

I used AVG free years ago on my personal computer around 2006, now using AVG Business I can confidently say AVG is one of the best if not the best Anti Virus software around. AVG uses only a fraction of your PC's resources, AVG is light in load but heavy in defence. At our company since using AVG have not had 1 security breach.

Cons

If I were to raise a con on this amazing software, it would be there are quite a few notifications per day (Possibly remove them in settings?)

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

ESET's pricing was very high, therefore the obvious choice was AVG

ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG has a proven track record.
Aline Cristina

My experience with AVG Antivirus software.

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

In my opinion, it's reasonable software, it's lightweight for the pc but it let some viruses escape on my computer.

Pros

It's easy to use software and you don't need to have much knowledge to handle this antivirus.
It has several features and functionalities to detect some viruses on your computer.

Cons

Although it is a very easy antivirus to handle, what I least liked was the fact that although I had it on my computer, it was not able to detect some viruses that I ended up discovering after using another antivirus.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Because I wanted to test AVG to see what its features and functionality were like, but I found it reasonable.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I wanted to test him to see if he was an excellent software, compared to the others I already knew.
Randall
  • Used for 2+ years

Avg continues to shadow Norton but why.?

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

It it the best and I have dug through all antivirus software looking for the best and it stands out above the rest try it and you two will be impressed.

Pros

I find that there are many more tools and options within the user menu of AVG when compared to Norton antivirus or other virus software most of which is stock and not super up like avg

Cons

That it is not as popular to the other virus software... Otherwise I believe that it has more than enough toolkits and user options available.

Sean
  • Industry: Printing

The Best Virus Scanning Software I have Used

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

It has been great! I always recommend it when anybody asks my opinion on which virus scanner they should install on their pc's.

Pros

AVG is great because it works well (detects suspicious activities, scans emails, watches & checks downloaded files) like many virus scanning softwares out there, but does it in a very straightforward, non bloated way. Detects what you want it to detect, but doesn't cause slow downs or crashes.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about AVG ... it could maybe use a little bit of a graphical overhaul, but really that is a minor nitpick.

Sayed Kumail
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Overall I recommend to buy and use the app it will secure the devise for you

Reviewed on 2023/05/07

its ease of use. The software has a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to manage security settings and customize scans.

Pros

robust protection against a wide range of online threats, including viruses, malware, spyware, and ransomware.

Cons

sometimes slow down system performance however it is batter then others

Mariana
Mariana

An easy-to-use tool that allows you to have your electronic equipment, at home or in your...

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

This software has been too valuable a tool for the security issue, keeps the electronic equipment always clean of malicious viruses, as well as family information, photos, documents, personal files and / or other tools will always be protected and will not be hacked. AVG will review Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of emails sent and received (including the addition of page attachments to emails indicating this), the ability to repair some virus-infected files, and a security vault virus, where the infected files are saved, a simile to a quarantine zone

Pros

It protects the team from malicious viruses that damage our computers and then it is hard to replace them because of the high cost.
Protection to email and the web
Protection for USB or any external recordable device
Protection against hacker attacks
Protection of privacy
Protection to the family circle, when obtaining photos and private documents and not hacked from our equipment.
Security in mobile equipment, you can download the application for cell phones
Easy to install
Scanning of emails sent and received (including adding footers to emails that indicate it), the ability to "repair" some files infected by viruses

Cons

Can only be used at home, without commercial use
Does not include a "Game Mode" (silent detection)
Always show an ad to buy the professional version
The toolbar uninstaller does not work, but reinstalls the add-on if it is removed manually.
While it has regular updates, the paid version has more priority in downloading signatures for the latest viruses
You can not analyze units in the network in the work area, you have to make each computer and that means time consumption for the operator that runs it.

Rodney

AVG is your virtual watch dog for strangers intruding on your personal digital space

Reviewed on 2022/03/17

AVG continues to be a leader in the cyber security landscape. I personally use this both at work and on my personal PC as I find that generally it seems to take less system resources when do scans. Other antivirus software seems to "force" me to take a coffee break when it starts to scan, while this does its job in the background like a janitor cleaning my garbage pail. I mean what else can you ask for?

Pros

This was pretty straight forward to implement, which is always a bonus from an IT perspective. The ease of rollout and management of this was one of the reasons why there are certain departments in my organization that has a preference for using this as their preferred anti virus. The background scans also seem to not take up as many system resources as well

Cons

From an anti virus perspective I dont actually have much complaints. Its there, updates on its own and is almost self regulating. Honestly not much to complain about as it seems to do its job

Ruben

AVG is the underdog winner of Antivirus

Reviewed on 2021/10/06

I think AVG produces some of the best antivirus in the market. I am very satisfied with its performance.

Pros

AVG is not only easy to install and use, but it keeps itself out of the way from the user.

Cons

The look and feel of the software feels a bit dated, which can create some distrust in its ability to protect.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was too invasive and hard to use.

Osarumwense
Osarumwense
  • Industry: Entertainment

AVG Anti-Virus has been protecting my devices for ages.

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

Regardless of the con, it's one of the best anti-virus app I have ever used.

Regardless of the con, it's one of the best anti-virus app I have ever used.

Pros

The simple user's interface is something to like about AVG.
It's been serving me good for years now. I love the Anti-theft feature. You can protect your online privacy by using the VPN feature.
It provides you with features to lock your apps, so other people cannot have access.
I'm using it both on my Windows (pc) and android (phone). You can free up used memory on your phone by using "Clean Junk" feature. It's an amazing app.

Cons

One major issue I'm having is overheating of my battery. It drains my battery. Please, this needs to be fixed.

You can't access all the features on free trial version; you have to pay to upgrade to Pro version to be able to use all the amazing features.

Genesis
Genesis
  • Industry: Banking

Avg a high quality solution

Reviewed on 2023/05/06

AVG Antivirus Business Edition is comprehensive and effective antivirus protection software for businesses, offering a wide variety of tools to protect business systems. Although its cost can be a bit high and can slow down your computer's performance at times, its security features make it worth purchasing to keep your company's systems secure.

Pros

What I like best about AVG Antivirus Business Edition is its easy installation and configuration. The software is very intuitive, making it easy for users to set it up to protect business systems right out of the box. In addition, it has a clean and simple user interface, which makes it easy to use without having advanced knowledge in the area of digital security. It also has tools to analyze network vulnerabilities and prevent phishing attacks.

Cons

However, what I dislike most about this software is its cost, which can be a bit high compared to other antivirus programs. Also, it can sometimes slow down your computer's performance, which can be a problem for users who need higher processing speed.

Forget your boxed anti-virus, this will do the trick

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I have used AVG since 2012. My switch was through a friend that recommended it to me after many veined attempts at using expensive anti-virus software ended in corrupted computers. Not only do we use it at work, but I use it on my personal computers as well. It is a practical program that is good at what it does. Aside from the occasional pop-ups, you forget it is doing its job until it blocks the malicious activity it is intended to inhibit. It gives you a welcoming message when it has quarantined the problem so you can get back to your regular activities. This Anti-Virus will have you saying "Thanks AVG!" with a smile rather than sarcasm.

Pros

AVG is an extremely cost effective solution for your Anti-Virus needs. It is simple, can be free, and it works. We use it on all of our computers.

Cons

AVG does like to pop-up frequently in the corner of your screen to let you know of updates and promotions. This is nothing more than a bit of a nuisance. However, you do need to be careful when exiting out of the notifications. I have on more than one occasion accidentally selected "yes" to a notification that wants to download AVG's Secure browser. For some, they may like it; I however I do not like to stray from Chrome. Unfortunately this feature does not just install the secure browser but sets it as your default as well.

Alvaro
Alvaro
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

AVG is fast and reliable!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Internet Security has never been more necessary in this millennial / digital age. AVG gives me the confidence in using my PC for internet research, downloading of files, and just about anything that may seem scary to infect my computer. False positives come very very rarely for me.

Good threat detection and easy on my hardware. AVG Free is good enough, but go for the paid one if you need extra coverage and support!

Pros

I was first introduced to AVG back in college. It was the AV of choice for the entire university deployment. I was then part of the technical support team for the implementation.

I find AVG to be fast and does not take a toll on system resources (e.g., others are memory hogs). I also like the interface which is intuitive and easy to operate. Back then, I found it easy to teach the (older) end-users. The updates come in regularly, and up-to-speed whenever new threats come about.

It has good detection. I compared it with other more popular antivirus software, and it's detection is almost similar, if not more comprehensive.

Cons

AVG performs best with the basic protection.. other AV's have come up with extra features and better malware protection... something worth improving on for AVG to stay on top.

Daniel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Internet security from AVG

Reviewed on 2023/09/11

Pros

The best feature of AVG Antivirus Business Edition is the reliability of its malware detection and removal capabilities. It has successfully located and isolated possible risks, giving me a sense of security for the information and systems used by my company. Particularly the real-time scanning capability has been outstanding in how quickly it reacts to any harmful activity. I also value AVG Antivirus Business Edition's user-friendly UI. The software's layout is well-organized and easy to use, making it quick to access various features and change settings. My business equipment' security status is clearly displayed on the dashboard, enabling me to keep informed and, if necessary, take immediate action.

Cons

One angle that could be worked on in AVG Antivirus Business Release is its effect on framework execution. During outputs and updates, I have seen a slight stoppage in my business frameworks. While it hasn't been a significant issue, it would be gainful if the product would limit the effect further to guarantee smooth business operations.In synopsis, AVG Antivirus Business Version has given dependable security to my business against online dangers. Its easy to understand interface and successful malware recognition have made it an important resource. In spite of the fact that there is space for execution enhancement, my general experience has been positive, and I would prescribe AVG Antivirus Business Release to organizations looking for dependable antivirus security.

Hafizah
Hafizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

AVG Antivirus is seamless

Reviewed on 2021/08/24

Pros

I've been using this program for years, it's handy, straightforward to use and practical, and I'm pretty happy with its quality and outcome. The whole thing runs smoothly. I feel secure and have hardly been bothered or interrupted, which was one of my biggest worries when I heard we were using security software.

Cons

Security comes at a cost. Even though it costs less than the other antiviruses I've used, it can still cause false positives and diversions. In addition, it operates in the background and consumes an excessive amount of resources, causing PCs to slow down.