Buildium

4.5/5

2044 Reviews

Aaron
Aaron

Best property management software for the price

Reviewed on 2022/06/29

Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Pros

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

Cons

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

More features and better software for managing 50-100 properties.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Price and familiarity with the product.

Response from RealPage

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie

Cynthia

The Best Property Management Platform

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

Overall, Buildium is not just a property management platform; it's a complete solution that has simplified my work. If you're in the property management field and want a platform that is easy to set up, maintain, and offers robust features for accounting, leasing, and expenses, look no further than Buildium. It has truly become an invaluable asset to my business.

Pros

Easy to set up, helps to keep track of finances, properties, owners, tenants, basically I can do all in one program no need to use any other.

Cons

I can't schedule EFT payment for my customers.
I can't add more charges when using Applicants other than application fee
I can't modify statements

Response from RealPage

We're happy to be your complete property management solution, Cynthia. Here's to many years of growth and success together.

JASON
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Pros

None at the moment. I am appalled with the company at the moment after using the system for 5 years.

Cons

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Is anyone else having trouble getting hold of a human being at Buildium?!?!?!?!? I was on hold for 5 hours yesterday! Till the system disconnected me. No customer service agents available. I called the sales department and immediately a human answered. They were very nice but had no way of transferring my call to anywhere else in the company, not even a manger.

It is day 2 now and no answer from Buildium. The sales line and the customer service line both have an automatic answer that there is a company meeting.

My call is regarding the FORTE automatic payment system which has received funds from our renters but is not transferring funds to our account. I find it very suspicious that a company is:

1. Receiving funds for rent transactions but not paying the property company the rent.

2. The Customer support line is so busy that it can not answer calls.

3. The sales department answers immediately with a live person yet can not transfer a call to a service agent or a manager.

4. Sales can call me back directly the same day to up sell me a product while I am still having no call back form a manager or service agent.

5. I leave my contact number several times with a live person. Sales reaches me at my number yet I get an email from service that they can not reach me at a good number.

6. I send a reply email to service and give them my number that sales used to call me and I get a reply email from service that I need to supply a con

Response from RealPage

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. I understand that you and our Customer Care Team Lead, Seth, have worked through any issues you've encountered.

We're happy to report we've grown our customer care team, and you should no longer be experiencing wait times
as you had previously.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review.

GRACE

Daily work

Reviewed on 2024/04/15

Pros

I like how it holds files and organizes information for property management.

Cons

The maintenance portion of Buildium is poor, so poor I pay for another company system to be used as a different application.

Response from RealPage

Hi Grace! Thanks for your review. We'd like to know more about your experience with our maintenance features and how we can best serve you. Please reach out to our customer care team and let's see if we can help you out.

Sumer

Overall great

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

My overall experience with Buildium has been good. It has taken longer for customer support inquiries over the years of use.

Pros

I like that it is online based. Tenants can view their ledger and documents via their portal. Owners also have an online portal they can view their statements and documents.

Cons

Some of the accounting features can be a bit confusing for the user and owners. Like the tenant prepayments, the calculation of management fees, and the owner contributions distribution among a single owner who owns multiple properties (if there is an outstanding balance)

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your honest review, Sumer. If you haven't already, try checking out Buildium Academy to see if that can help clarify some questions you have about those accounting functions. You can also reach out to customer care and they can shed some light on things.

- Charlie

Brad

A robust operations platform that saves time and money

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Great! Customer service has always been helpful, and the tool is very stable.

Great! Customer service has always been helpful, and the tool is very stable.

Pros

Rent tracking and customizable late fee policies, leasing/advertising tools, renewal countdowns, and work orders are among my favorite tools within Buidium.

Cons

The reporting features (especially ePay reports to reconcile credit card transaction costs on a per-property basis) are not 100% clear or intuitive. I would like to see some community best practices for various reports.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Product functionality, user experience design, and pricing.

Response from RealPage

Looks like Buildium has been a big help to your business, and it's great to see!

As for reports best practices, you should check out the Blog page on Buildium.com. You'll find a whole host of posts that may have just the information you're looking for!

Thanks for your review, Brad!

Shannon

Buildium for Property Managment

Reviewed on 2023/11/02

I have worked with Buildium in multiple businesses. We have also tried other software. Buildium has been the best I've worked with for Property Management.

Pros

Tenant and owner income/expense tracking as well as work orders.

Cons

Accounting capabilities are not available yet.

Response from RealPage

It's awesome to see how user-friendly Buildium is for you, Shannon.

Accounting functions are indeed available on the platform and are a core feature. Is there a specific function you are looking for? Reach out to customer care for assistance.

- Charlie

Gregg

YF Solutions, LLC’s Buildium Assessment

Reviewed on 2024/01/24

Nothing but positive things to say about the experience. I have been involved with other similar systems and Buildium is much more user friendly.

Pros

Having access to the data base provides our company with tracking options on many levels as well as a 24/7 information resource!

Cons

From a contractors perspective, it would be extremely helpful to have a full understanding of what are capabilities are inside the system with the access we have been granted.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Gregg! Be sure to check out the support library in your Help & Support menu to check out everything related to the kind of access you have to the system.

Alicia

Support as you Grow!

Reviewed on 2024/01/23

I would recommend buildium to anyone looking for property management software. Their support staff and their continual improvements are worth it, and the value for the software is fantastic.

Pros

The support team can answer EVERY question and are so easy to use. I don’t hesitate to call even for minor items.

Cons

The financial reporting and owner portal financials are a little lacking.

AppFolio Property Manager and DoorLoop

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Start up cost and pricing that will grow with the company.

Response from RealPage

We appreciate how you're a Buildium advocate! Here's to a great partnership for years to come.

Stormy

I like Buildium

Reviewed on 2024/01/30

It has been a great experience for me, I have use several Property management software and Buildium by far has been the best one.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I do not like if a tenant has a credit on their ledger it automatically charges them a late fee, it is like Buildium can not distinguish a credit from a balance owed.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Stormy! Please reach out to our customer care team about the late fee. If a late fee is being charged even though there's a credit balance, it may be due to how the credit balances is allocated or how the late fee policy is set up.

Nicole

best software

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

I absolutely love buildium

I absolutely love buildium

Pros

easy to setup/use
It cuts my job in half
always adding more features
online portal

Cons

I went from using quickbooks to buildium. The products are night and day. Buildium definetly offers way more. The only issue I have is with the accounting side. I wish it had the capability to track expenses by apartment so I could keep track of renovation costs. You can't customize the reports as much as I would like. QuickBooks had a great feature so you could track and reconcile your loan payments.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Buildium had more features geared towards property management.

more user friendly

Response from RealPage

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy that Buildium has been able to help save you time. I'll pass your feedback on tracking expenses by apartment over to our product team.

Nancy

Gets the Job Done; Would like more Features

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Software functions well and is reliable, Customers and Clients tell us they DO NOT like the portal and don't understand reports. I have volunteered to be in a user group to develop reports but have not been contacted yet.

Pros

The software is easy to use and fairly flexible; we do use it in some ways that are not intended to address unique situations. I also like that there is a forum for user requested features where the community can "vote" on improvements.

Cons

Development of new features that are highly requested by the community could be responded to faster. There are also some requests that seem more like fixing a bug than a new feature that are ignored completely. These are things that affect our staff on a daily basis, e.g. emails that are automatically sent to customers and clients that have a link to the message thread in the portal where they can respond directly in thread (which is a good thing)- - EXCEPT the link is so cryptic that the average user does not realize it is a link, so they end up emailing us and we spend countless hours copying and pasting just to try to keep our documentation complete. If the developers would make the link more apparent and/or make email replies automatically update the message thread it would be really great.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

I switched because Buildium seemed to have a lower cost and provided the same features. However, the cost has increased ALOT since I implemented.

Propertyware

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

appfolio did not have tenant and owner portals at the time. I understand they do now, and am thinking of evaluating products again for a possible switch next year.
William

Overall a Quality Property Management Software Platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall Buildium is a really good platform to use especially if you want things to be automatically done or updated. I like that customize dashboard that lets you know when leases are expiring and need to be renewed. They also allow you to auto list properties for rent. This is extremely helpful for us. One down side of this platform is the inability to send debts to collection like other platforms have. Overall, I would recommend Buildium as long as they were made aware of the extra charges and services they continue to try and promote to tenants.

Pros

The thing I like the post is that it automatically applies late fees to accounts. It also auto notifies tenants once they make a payment on their account. I like that you can email every tenant using one email instead of trying to email them individually. The site is very user friendly with a customizable dashboard to help you get a quick snap shot of your rentals.

Cons

I don't like some of the auto emails that get sent to tenants to help sell some of the products Buildium is promoting. For instance, they want all tenants to have insurance and will continually email them to get them to purchase insurance that Buildium gets a cut of. They also are encouraging tenants to set up ACH payments, which if you don't have the top account level, charges the owner to use the service. I feel like Buildium continues to try and do add ons from both the tenants and the owners which is frustrating considering the amount of money we pay for the software.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

They provided on boarding and were initially cheaper than AppFolio.
Jennifer

A Good program getting better

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

A much better system than using multiple programs for individual aspects. Very geared toward rental management and Condos or HOAs seem after-thoughts often.

Pros

The ability for Boards to interact with management and for owners to be easily communicated with are some of the best features with this program. It's mostly all integrated!

Cons

Updates are usually bumpy when implemented, causing a slow down in service. Some features, which seem to be common sense are still in development stages. Tracking of tasks in infancy yet.
Can send emails but not receive them through the system, causing us to still have to use another program.

Donald

Buildium is Fantastic

Reviewed on 2021/06/24

Buildium has given us the tools to streamline our processes and make daily tasks easy. The online software makes it accessible no matter where the staff are located so that work orders, rent input, communications, etc. can be handled in real-time and on the spot. Everything from leases to lease renewals, maintenance requests to inspections are all in one spot, easily accessible. No more paper files to thumb through. The administration of property management has never been such a breeze.

Pros

As an accountant, the accounting features are awesome. Online payments make tracking incoming rents easier since there is less leg work. You can setup priorities on how payments are applied. The program is easy to use and to navigate. Buildium provides tutorials that are great training tools for new and even experienced users. Buildium was easy to setup and integrate into our company.

Cons

I have yet to find any complaints with Buildium's program. There are continuing to improve and add features on a quarterly basis. There were no issues switching to this software from our previous system.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

UDS was outdated and did not come with nearly the features Buildium was offering. It was time for a major upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Like us, Buildium was growing their business and it felt more personable then the other software options.
Shirley
  • Industry: Accounting

Buildium Review for possible new customers

Reviewed on 2022/02/07

I have been using Quick Books for about 25 years and concerned about learning curve. I have been using over two years now and I love it. Still have some questions but support is great. I am considering bringing over more of my companies

Pros

I like most it is user friendly but when I have an issue I can get online or telephone contact help. They are knowledgeable answer my questions and get me going.

Cons

I wanted to have two separate budgets with separate chart of accounts and was told not available. I have to download in excel and do some extra steps

ProNavigator and GreenOrbit

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

The Board had used Buildium and wanted to use for their property

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

I felt Buildium was easier and more user friendly

Response from RealPage

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for your review! Did you know we have a feature suggestion tool that you can use to submit ideas like having multiple chart of accounts? Check out the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account, and choose "Suggest a feature."

- Charlie W

Allyson

A Great Way To keep all of your Property Management needs organized

Reviewed on 2022/04/15

Before we were using Google Drive and kept track of everything with spread sheets. Buildium makes it easier to keep all of your information together in one spot. Buildium is very user friendly. A little confusing at first but once you grasp how they organize everything you will catch on very quickly.

Pros

This app is wonderful and really helps keep the tenants, leases, contact info, maintenance requests, leasing and listing, Property Management, Work Orders, finances everything to do with Property Management all in order. It’s a great way to keep your company organized.

Cons

I wish that there was a feature that we could have the list of tenants, like with outstanding balances, and when leases are close to being up etc. There’s a process, and I wish I could have a list of tenants with the check mark boxes beside them to mark off and keep track of each process. And even when I leave the page, and go else where in Buildium. When I come back to the list it is still the same as when I left it and I don’t have to start over. Just so I can keep track of which task and property I’ve already done for said task. For example: We have leases ending soon, I have to email each owner of each property to see if they want to do a rent increase or move out. This is where I would need my first check list of tenants I need to do this for. Then the next step is to create said rent increase notices or move out notices , this would be the second check list of tenants so that I can mark off and keep track of each step of the process and which tenants I’ve already completed the rent increase notices/move out notices for. I need this to be able to make separate lists that save even when I leave the page and go else where in Buildium. Right now there is a check box by each tenant, but it’s not really designed to keep track of what your doing because when I leave the page and come back my check marks are gone and I have to start over and try to remember which tenants I’ve already completed the process before. When dealing with tons of tenants this would make my job easier

Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Because Buildium makes our job 100% easier, in every way.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

We wanted a real system to keep organized as we grow our company. Also all the cool features like making templates for various documents /emails and being able to send them out to all 100 tenants if I need too all at the same time. That makes my life so much easier. Also Buildium keeps track of tenant payments and finances, you still have to do your part finance wise but it makes everything easier. Buildium makes everything to do with Property Management easier.

Response from RealPage

Hi Allyson,

Thanks for your review. I'm happy to see Buildium is helping you keep organized.

While we don't currently have a checklist ability for your move-out or renewal process, you should be able to see the information you're looking for by running a Rent Roll report, which shows you most of the information you're looking for. You're also able to run Buildium in multiple tabs or windows at the same time, so you can keep the report open in one window, and navigate to any other page in a separate window.

I recommend submitting this as a feature request by selecting the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie W

Kortney

High Hopes and Mislead

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

The customer service was just terrible. They don't tell you that you have to apply for online payments. When we were denied everyone stopped reaching out to us, wouldn't answer our questions about why. We called customer support multiple times, by multiple employees to try and find out what or who the problem was on the application. It was extremely disappointing. Also online payments should be ensured for a property management software. AT THE LEAST they should be very up front about it and have you apply before spending three weeks transferring all your information into the platform, customizing applications, settings, fees, setting up staff logins, etc. Then drop you and not respond or answer any of your questions? horrid service. The whole ePay thing is a mess.

The onboarding process was also 5 times longer than it needed to be. We had all the templates for information transfer done in a matter of days, but had to wait two weeks to have a phone call where we watched our onboarding rep input the templates for 20 minutes...

They just need a lot of help refining their onboarding process, removing redundancies, and expressing the process.

We were so excited for the switch to buildium, but are so disappointed with how things turned out that we will never go back to them.

Pros

Had all the features we wanted in a new property management software and the support software was very easy to use. As I dive in I keep finding more wonderful features that are very useful and simple to understand/navigate.

Cons

The customer service was just terrible, and is ultimately what lost our business. Online tenant payment are run through a third party software that needs to be applied for for each bank account (which they run employees credit check for as well as the business and the business owners credit... who bases a businesses future on an employees credit?).

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

We wanted more work process/task management as well as more application customization.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Ease of use, comparability with appfolio in their many features, located in the US. We ultimately went back to appfolio though.
Luminita

Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 2024/04/08

Pros

Friendly interface and good functionality overall.

Cons

The Customer Service is VERY POOR - tickets get generated but not followed up on. You have to call multiple times because you get to speak to untrained and unexperienced people who are very limited in their action to solve an issue. Our business was in put in serious jeopardy due to Buildium's decision to put a hold on our bank account due to incompetencies of underwriting team of verifying basic information as an SSN - we had to wait a week to get the funds released when finally (after 3 years of service) they were able to run a basic background check on us to confirm that everything was in order. Very poor business decision on Buildium's side....
Be very careful when trusting a company like Buildium run your customer finances in this manner..... Very disappointing and unprofessional!!!

Paul

Buildium features review

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Buildium allows our rental department to stay organized and provides easy and efficient access to data information. I could not imagine doing my daily tasks without Buildium.

Pros

The general format of the total program is good and maybe better than other programs used in the past. I really like the latest update of the status button for work orders

Cons

I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a feature where multiple windows with in Buildium can be open at the same time. (if it exists, forgive me for not knowing how to use it)
I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a back button feature, especially in the tasks and work order screens.
I do not like that Buildium will allow a partial online payment to be received. It should not receive a tenant online payment unless the full balance is being paid. This is a problem when tenants owe for late fees or maybe a repair expense.
I would like to have the auto email option to send a work order to a owner even if the vendor has no email. It only gives that choice if the vendor has an email set up in the system. Some of our vendors receive work orders by phone or text or in person but the owner still needs to know what work is being done.
It might be a nice feature for Buildium to store invoices in the system once a work order is completed. Not just the picture attachment spot within tasks and work orders. it it were a data base maybe or at least folders to store scanned copies.

The work orders feature to add in the vendor parts and labors costs and description still seems cumbersome especially when dollar amounts are entered and then the book keep tries to pay bills. It may be we need Builduim training in this area. it should be a really useful feature.

Sometimes Buildium seems to add double charges under tenants ledger info. Every now and then a random double charge pops up.

Response from RealPage

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback on directly to our product team. We are currently working on updates to maintenance and work orders, stay tuned!

Kayvon

Read this before making the mistake we did !

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

This is the 2nd review we have posted on lack of customer services and the unwillingness of this company to assist their clients. Instead of writing a descriptive review we have decided that we will just copy and past section from the last email communication with the companies supposed "Stevie Award Winning" Customer "dis-service rep" Jeana Pndelli. You as the consumer should decide if you would want to be treats as "low priority" based on the below email.
Client: 9/27
"Hi Jeana,
I have brought this issue up with everyone from call in support up to you now. When you go into reports to search for a budget the drop down menu does not let you narrow down by typing in a letter. Therefore, we have to go through the entire list of all the properties to find the budget we need. Most all other drop downs in Buildium let you narrow down. Why not this one? "
Buildium Response: 9/27
"The "budget vs actuals" report still has legacy coding on the back-end which does not allow you to search within the property field. It has been a while since we updated this feature/report which is why the older coding still exists. I can bring this to our level two support team's attention as I agree each report parameters page should be consistent."
Client: 9/27
"Thanks but just so you know this was already sent to your level two about a year ago when I brought it up. Not sure why it takes so long to fix issues. "
Client: 10/11
What the status on fixing this issue. Last you said you sent it to level two. When will it be fixed? This is an extremely time wasting glitch to have during budget season!
Buildium Response: 10/11
I just checked on the status of this with our level two team. They let me know it was sent up to our engineers and developers.
We don't currently have an estimated time frame for when this change will be made
Client: 10/11
So we don't know if it will be a few weeks or a few years?
Buildium: 10/12
I can't give a time frame for when this will be changed since it's been sent up as a lower priority item. I'll send you an update by 10/28
Client: 10/31
10/28 has passed.
Buildium: 11/1
I spoke with the product manager in charge of this feature last week and he let me know it's still in low priority status but he hopes to have the redesign done as soon as possible some time this year. However, we can't give a definitive time frame just yet since lower priority items often get bumped lower for higher priority bugs.

Pros

Nothing really.

Cons

Lack of customer service. Armature accounting and reports. Unwillingness to listen to their clients. Horrendous file management system. Not for HOA management .

Darren

Pro's and Con's 22 month customer

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

It is not a five star product because of the support they "don't give. The support staff are educators not problem solvers. The software is cheaper than the competitors and it works well. I would buy it again, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fix the problems.

Pros

When you call support you do not have to wait on hold, they will call you back.
Reporting is very nice.
The system actually works.
Price is fair.

Cons

Release communication: When the release breaks something and the accounts get messed up (like they did a upgrade for lease renewals that had a bug where the leases did not renew with the correct rent amount), the communication is horrible and they fix the problem going forward but not the messed up accounts.
Phone support is lacking. When the error cannot be resolved immediately (by telling me what i did wrong), they rarely if ever follow up on the ticket. I don't know how they monitor their open tickets. One fellow did not even create a ticket, so after 1 week of waiting I called back to find out I had to start over. Then I waited another week and called back for a status, and there was no status -- still waiting 2 weeks in. When they have a problem to investigate, they do very poorly.
Lastly, if you accept ACH or credit/ debit card payments and any item is disputed. the only way to communicate with them is via email. They will not verbally tell you anything. You initially get 7 days to provide evidence of a valid charge. After that the dispute remains on your account until it is re-credited to you account or nothing happens, and I mean nothing. In this case your evidence doesnt matter the charge back stands, Buildium doesn't notify you at all. They tell you it can take 4 months for a response and during that time the only way you know if it is settled is to EMAIL them.

Response from RealPage

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your honest feedback about release communication. Our team is working hard to improve on communication for all our releases, including monthly product emails and in-app messaging.

I've passed your feedback on support follow-up to the manager of that team. This is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we thank you for letting us know about what you've encountered.

Pamela

We have been using Buildium for just over two years now and I could not love it more!

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

I had been using a DOS based management program for nearly 20 years and had to go online due to the changes in technology. It was a very stressful time trying to find a program that could do what we needed and was affordable and that I could manage on my own. Buildium has been the answer. We LOVE the online payment option for our tenants and landlord. We LOVE all the reports and the way the accounting process is set up. Most of all, we LOVE the excellent customer support we recieve from the Buildium team. The whole experience has been outstanding.

Pros

The customer service is OUTSTANDING! There is no way to be able to solve all the problems of transitioning to a new program on your own; I tried that with another program, using the excellent documentation they had provided but was never able to overcome some of the posting problems I encountered. I ended up frustrated and stressed out from being unable to understand how the program wanted me to do things. However, when I ran into any problem with the Buildium program, all I have to do is submit a support ticket. I normally recieve an answer back within 24 hours. If it is a serious problem, I call customer service and I am ALWAYS able to reach a LIVE, FRIENDLY, American speaking Specialist that is able to see what my program is doing and walk me through the problem to the point that I can manage it and they always explain what is going on so I can understand it!! It is the absolute best program I have ever used, in any field, in my entire 40 year career in Property Management! And they are constantly updating the program and making it better! I don't think I have ever been happier with a buying decision in my life. I highly recommend this program and company to anyone who is going to be managing real estate.

Cons

The ONLY thing I can think of that I don't like about this program is that one of the report sorts I use is done by the owner first name, instead of last name and the security depsoit breakdown report is done by Owner name, instead of the Tenant Name. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing to complain about. It is a great company!

Response from RealPage

Hi Pamela,
Thank you for leaving your review. Your opinion is invaluable to us and we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience with Buildium!

Elizabeth Gill
Senior Customer Marketing Manager

Aimee
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Best decision I ever made

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

I love Buildium. They followed up a couple times after I made the initial purchase. The people that called me were respectful of my time and interested in my business and how they could help. I couldn’t ask for better. The platform was easy to figure out simple to enter all of my properties, tenants, vendors, and reoccurring charges. I recommend this company often to friends.

Pros

I own my own properties, but I have 60 doors, and that is far too many for me to use a simple accounting software. Of all of the different platforms I have used, Buildium has been the very best. My building managers can all log into this one platform to view and schedule repair requests, add rent payments, and pay vendors. It was easy to set up. It’s simple to add bills. I can pay vendors directly through Buildium. And with the fantastic, multifaceted,reports, I can see exactly how I’m doing on a property without having to search through files or sifting through complicated reports. Buildium has really nailed the business.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the bill pay. When I enter a bill, I don’t like having to click a second time in order to pay the bill. I want there to be a place where I can enter the payment on the same page. If I don’t enter payment then that it should be listed as outstanding, but doing a second click to make the payment and a third click to record the payment is a little inconvenient.

Response from RealPage

Thank you so much for this thoughtful and thorough review, Aimee! It's so awesome to see how much value you're getting from all these different parts of Buildium, from the maintenance to ePay to the reporting and beyond.

If you haven't already, please let our team know about your suggestion for the bills feature by going to the "Suggest a feature" page in your Help & Support menu.

-Charlie

Jenna

Overall Buildium Use for Property Managers

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

Overall, Buildium saves me a LOT of time and hassle. Having everything organized helps daily life immensely.

Pros

Buildium helps keep everything organized. We have about 70 properties and I cannot imagine keeping track of everyone's rent, leases, contact information, maintenance requests etc without Buildium. I use it almost daily and it makes my life much easier/saves me a lot of time and hassle.

Cons

We have the business version with great customer service. However, I also use it privately and I wish that the customer service was offered to all levels of memberships. Also, it would be great if old applicants could be completely erased. That option does not exist once they've submitted an application and it's hard to filter through all the applicants for a property when there's so many. We do not need to have those on file anymore and there is no option to remove them. Also, the Credit Card fees seem quite high for those paying rent without a linked bank account.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for such a thorough review, Jenna! It's great to see how Buildium helps you stay organized.

Customer Care is provided on all subscriptions. Essential subscriptions are exclusively ticket support, which is handled by the same folks who answer phone calls.

On the topic of old applicants, other customers have found success with filters on the Applicants page. If you only want to see New, Undecided, and Approved applicants, you're able to select those options from the status dropdown list. Check with the customer care team for further tips.

- Charlie