Absorb LMS

Cloud-based corporate learning management system (LMS)

Dan K.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A solid LMS that just keeps getting better.

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Overall, our company was looking for a platform to offer both mandatory and optional training for our employees during the COVID lock downs. When implementing Absorb, we found it also was platform for not only training, but also an informational channel, complete with acknowledgements of receiving the information. It will also be the backbone for all of our ILCs moving forward, and hopefully with more solid integration with our Teams platform.

Pros

Ease of use as both a learner and administrator. ADP integration and automation. Learner and Admin portals load quickly and are responsive. Excellent support and implementation experiences with quick turn around, and constant updates and improvements in the pipe line.

Cons

Limited assessment options when it comes to answer types. Reporting structure takes a bit to get used to. Setup takes quite a bit of time investment, but pays off with future proofing the system.

Eunice S.

Cloud-based learning management system.

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

It is the leading eLearning solution. It delivers consonant, on-brand training nonetheless of location or learning requirements. It supports branded interfaces, responsive design, and social learning. It remains available 24*7 from anywhere. If you need any help, you will always find a absorb employee. One major benefit is that it maintains the LMS compliance standards for privacy protection and data security. It empowers learning even if you do not have an internet connection. Its mobile app maintains consistency with web LMS and learners can train offline. When the internet connection restores, course progression syncs automatically.

Pros

It is designed for all kinds of learners and organizations no matter you are a large corporation, mid-size business, or small business. It has made it easier to develop and manage training programs for both external and internal shareholders. Its main focus is on lining up learning needs with the demands of the business. It inspires business productivity. It empowers organizations all over the world to deliver training efficiently.

Cons

It is pretty expensive. Its tech support is not able to solve an issue. Sometimes, it does not do reporting at the level that you need it and results in reports that require much more manual work to meet the requirements. Also, dashboards of repotting have various column options that make it difficult to see information in one place. It lacks versioning. Thus, whenever you update a course, you will have to re-enroll all users. It has limited assessment options. So it should more options so that learners will have various paths leading to the same goal.

Dave K.

Absorb LMS - Great Product and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Overall I would highly recommend the Absorb LMS software to any company who is looking for a customized and affordable solution. They have an excellent implementation team that will work with you every step of the way until you are satisfied with the finished product. They also have a great customer service team that is always responsive to our needs and are willing to work with us to incorporate new updates to our system.

Pros

While working with the Absorb team we were able to fully customize an Learning Management System to fit the needs of our small company within the clinical trials space. We initially worked with a great implementation team who were very supportive in meeting with us each step of the way to gather the proper requirements for our final product. Once we were satisfied with our finished product we were able to easily introduce the software to our employees to use with minimal training required. We continue to be very pleased with the level of customer service Absorb provides when we have a new inquiry or suggestion for improving our employees' experiences.

Cons

The only con to Absorb's software was that they did not have a full suite of course content that met our needs in terms of internal training. We were able to work around this feature by uploading course content through another provider which was easily imported into our current system.

Amanda W.
  • Industry: Music

Absorb Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Pros

We are in our 6th year of using Absorb and have two portals for internal and external audiences. Absorb is powerful and provides a responsive experience for both the User and LMS Admin. There are features of the system we are still exploring as features and improvements are consistently offered.

Cons

We'd like to see more customization in the reporting function, especially when it comes to running mass reports based off more than one course, user, etc. Though this topic has already been addressed as a point of future improvement and releases.

Charlie D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Absorb - great product, great partners

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

The Absorb team was always professional. Through the vendor selection process, implementation, to post-implementation support, I've found the Absorb team to be helpful, knowledgeable, and straightforward. The software is robust and functional. We got everything we were looking for.

I would definitely recommend this product. It effectively delivers content and courses, it's totally brand-able, and it's easy to use from the user and admin's perspectives.

Pros

Clean interface. It's navigable and easy-to-use.

Cons

We had a little hiccup with uploading hundreds of users who were all in different departments. It required us to upload a spreadsheet per department (about 12) instead of uploading one spreadsheet and having the system parse the groups. I think this is a fairly rare circumstance though (either you are a small group and it doesn't matter or you are a big group and you have an API). Added an extra 2 hours of work - not a big deal. Otherwise the user-upload interface is very effective.

Craig M.

Powerful, Simple and Elegant - Absorb LMS

Reviewed on 2013/04/27

I have been so pleased with the Absorb LMS and Team that I had a second company I work with also use the Absorb LMS. They continue to add new features that make sense and are always trying to improve the LMS for the user and the administrators. Using Absorb has enabled us to expand our training business - both classroom and online - by making us more efficient internally and delivering a better service to our customers.

Pros

We've been using the Absorb LMS for over 3 years so we've seen it continue to evolve into a tremendous tool. We run classroom courses and offer online courses globally, so ease of use is critical. That's why we went with Absorb in the first place and their new user interface is another huge step in providing users with the best possible experience. We really consider the Absorb team to be like partners in helping us use the LMS to make our business grow by providing a better learning experience to our users. They have worked with us to develop special types of tests and surveys that are critical to our business.

Cons

For our needs, which are probably unique, the reporting is not sufficient. So we had to build a reporting tool that uses the data from the LMS. However, the Absorb Team was really great in working with us to set up the daily data exports.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use, affordable LMS

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Pros

Blatant Media developed such a forward thinking interface that it hasn't needed a refresh the last few years. This is a positive, not a negative. I've been both an admin and a user of the system and it's really nice to know everything is going to be laid out the same even after not using it for a few months. Very future proof. The responsive capabilities of the user end are really top-notch as well. Great for blended learning as well as complete "eLearning."

Cons

Support is just okay. I think they outsource their support and it's not always super efficient.

Dan H.

Great Learning Portal, excellent partner!

Reviewed on 2013/10/02

Pros:
- Access to easy Admin reporting with basic customization and scheduling capabilities
- Responsive Technical Support Group
- Ease-of-use for both Admin and Student sites
- Continuous system enhancements such as upgrade to HTML platform
- Ability to customize user interface, images, and messaging through Admin site.

Cons:
- Limited phone access to Technical Support

Overall: Absorb provides all the functionality that you would expect from a traditional Learning Management System, with unique features that empower us to deploy an intuitive customer learnng portal. Our business is to deliver virtul instructor led training online, and we use the LMS to manage customer enrollments into our course sessions, assignment of instructors and customer related messaging and reporting. In addition we've integrated it with our corporate website and back-end accounting system. Our customers find it very easy to utilize self-enrollment features.

We find Blatant Technologies extremely easy to work with, as they continuously strive to help us improve the ease of our business processes through team collaborative solution development.

Absorb provides a very clean and professional user interface which accurately presents the Dale Carnegie image to it's customers.

Rebecca M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Does most things you want

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

We are able to have people pay for courses.

Pros

The new learner experience they created is going to bring this software to a whole 'nother level. My ratings and this review is based on the new learner experience, not the previous version. It looks good, works well (has a few bugs they are actively working on), and does almost everything we need as a company. There are a few minor "wants" but the support team seems receptive to getting those going.

Cons

The back-end is not totally intuitive, and it's a little buggy. Sometimes you'll save something and it'll go back to the start page. It still achieves everything you need, it's just not super slick/seamless all the time.

Justin H.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Absorb LMS

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

Compared to other similar learning management systems, absorb has one of the best user interfaces and visual appeal. Great level of customization for various needs or contexts.

Cons

The biggest issue is cost - it just wasn't viable for my smaller organization in the long run compared to other alternatives.

Yung L.

Absorb has best admin UX

Reviewed on 2015/10/28

We selected the Absorb LMS ahead of Cornerstone onDemand, Lightspeed VT, Skillsoft/SumTotal, ExpertusOne, Growth Engineering, Process Peak, and Moodle based on ease of use for the user interface, as well as having, in my opinion, the best admin interface. Things that took me hours to do in the sandbox of other vendors took minutes with Absorb. Ed Hanson was our salesman and was super friendly and available to answer any questions and concerns. Ultimately, it was very attractive financially and more robust then the slimmed down versions of some of the other LMS vendors.

The only issue I've had was with an employee feed into the LMS was more troublesome than expected, but we did not purchase the feed that would have taken care of this issue.

While there are other LMS vendors that focus more on gamification and social engagement, the Absorb is easy to use for the learner, which should make training more effortless. The admin is the easiest to navigate of the LMS vendors I've been exposed to, and has exactly what I would expect to help us create a world class LMS for our employees.

Dawn K.

Extremely Stable Platform, Great Support Teams, Brand Customizable

Reviewed on 2014/04/23

As the single developer, content writer and administrator for my company's e-learning solution, Absorb LMS has made my life so easy. Running this system for my company is only about 1/10th of my overall responsibilities, and I don't have a full team developing our online tools, so having a reliable, minimal maintenance system makes it possible for me to do everything.

This framework is intuitive and gives many options for customization both on the front and back end.

What has astounded me is that in the 18 months that our company has had this system we have had zero critical down time. ZERO.

In the beginning I only had a basic understanding of and experience with e-learning systems and the support teams often went above and beyond, being patient with my rookie errors, working the problem, and frequently offering suggestions to my unique issues that were beyond their exact responsibility as support. I never got the feeling that they were brushing off my concerns as "USER ERROR", even when that was the root of the problem.

Great Company, Great System!

Rimoun O.

Great and easy to use product, Love the branding capabilities

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

Pros

Really enjoy how simple the admin interface is. The team over there does a great job of getting you started with the product and supported as you use it.

Cons

Sometimes there are downtimes and performance issues, but they usually take steps to ensure the same issue doesn't happen twice.

Joshua B.

Great, affordable, easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/06/24

Absorb is a great LMS and company from start to finish. I had original come across them as I was working on a list of potential LMS's for a large retail company, and when stacked up against industry giants like Cornerstone or SuccessFactors, they were still on our list of top LMS's.

When I moved jobs and was given the go ahead to bring in an LMS, I started my search over again, but made sure to reach out to Don at Absorb.

Their affordability, great UI (this was very important as our user base was all over the tech savy spectrum), and it is full HTLM 5. They had us up and running with full branding in weeks, and after that I never experienced any downtime or serious issues. We used it the LMS to track both ILTs and e-learning. The reporting could use a little work, but overall I was able to get what I needed out of the back end.

Lastly, their support service and ticketing system works great, and I always had responses within a day. My overall experience with Absorb LMS was great, and I highly recommended it to anyone.

Solid LMS for growing companies

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

It’s been very positive. Our learning courses have been widely used by our customers and the UX is so much easier for them to use and our reporting and updates are now automatic!

Pros

Great ability to deliver bespoke courses to customers and internal staff. Easy to use and deliver amazing interactive learning experiences.

Cons

A few kinks in the setup process but once those are ironed out we should be very happy. Sometimes a little slow but nothing too frustrating.

Ellen B.

User-Friendly, Intuitive, and Adaptable Interface!

Reviewed on 2014/04/11

Before we switched to AbsorbLMS, we were using a clunky, old-fashioned LMS that disregarded user experience and ease-of-use. Learners were deterred, turned off, and didn't view it as a true developmental resource. That's when we decided to make the switch to Absorb.

Since we've converted, we've seen increased activity and learner satisfaction skyrocket. Just the other day, I received an email that said the LMS is "looking amazing!' it's gotten so easy and intuitive." I've received many more comments just like that from learners, and it only validates that we made the right decision for our organization.

AbsorbLMS keeps the user experience at the forefront, and that's what makes them so unique. They make it simple not only for learners, but also for the admins who manage the system.

It's a great product, and I highly recommend it to any organization who wants to increase online learning engagement.

Tim Y.

Simple & Powerful LMS

Reviewed on 2011/03/31

I recommend this LMS system and recommend you host it with Blatant, because you'll receive new system updates immediately.

Pros

Excellent LMS system. Built clean and simple, works clean and simple. This LMS is typically faster than most and is very user friendly. The admin side is also self explanatory and has amazing reporting functions. Many other tools and functions to use that I couldn't find in other LMS systems. Blatant's support is fast and helpful.

Cons

When registering users into separate departments, the enrollment key buttons have a small "cookie" issue.

E-commerce system puts a charge on the course as a whole and can't be applied to just the CME certificate. This can be a little trouble some if your offering free content with an option to purchase the certificate.

James S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Must have for Companies that require training of employees

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

While still in the first year of using the software, it seems to resolve our training management needs.

Pros

Very customizable and integrates well with our SQL database using API's. Provides the bare-bone needs of managing training without other non-essential features.

Cons

Reporting metric could be a little more intuitive.

Gita V.

An Excellent LMS for Training

Reviewed on 2015/08/14

Of all the LMS products that we had reviewed late in 2014, Absorb LMS stood out for its ease of use and reporting features. Since we deployed our training in early 2015, with learners from all over the world, we have found that our users have found it easier to use the tool as well. The reporting feature is excellent in the granularity it provides. The customer service has been fantastic and they have gone out of their way to problem solve on issues that have arisen during our training.

It has been a positive experience for us to have worked with key personnel in Absorb for our implementation and support. We would highly recommend Absorb LMS to companies that are looking to use the tool for their training needs.

Rob B.

Switched to Absorb - Thrilled We Did

Reviewed on 2014/11/28

We typically run several thousand users on our LMS at a time. Small # for some companies, but for us that is a large amount. We had been using a competitor for 3-4 years and were getting frustrated with lack of new functionality. We approached Absorb and found them very easy to work with, open about what the system could do and what it was not capable of doing, and also very helpful in finding ways to maximize the functionality to meet our needs.

We are almost one year into Absorb and I have no thoughts of moving platforms because Absorb is meeting all of our needs and even adding features that let us add more functionality to our online learning platform.

Jennifer D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

The system is comprehensive yet tedious

Reviewed on 2015/01/05

Pros

The system is end-user friendly and allows me to build as many courses as needed.

Cons

The system can be quite overwhelming for developers/administrators with the multitude of options. There are numerous fields all shoved together within a page, making it hard to decipher and understand each option when setting up a course. The training is also hard to follow. There is a ton of information on only a few pages. I recommend making the training a PowerPoint.

Catherine M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great resource for trainers!

Reviewed on 2015/01/05

Pros

It is fairly easy to create content and is very user-friendly. I appreciate the robust reporting capabilities and the ability to assist a user directly with their course enrollment status.

Cons

Course display is not as visually pleasing as it could be, especially when creating an assignment. The drop down course list is in alpha order only and not very stable. I seem to have to click the down arrow many times.

Jo H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Absorb LMS is a great product!

Reviewed on 2015/01/05

Pros

Its ease of use is fantastic. It isn't hard to get through at all.

Cons

I've not run into anything bad yet. I highly recommend this.

Tony I.

Insperity - Review of Absorb LMS

Reviewed on 2014/04/11

Pros:
The user side is fantastic, easy to use and very intuitive. The admin side took some time to understand but now it really makes sense and we can accomplish our tasks in a timely manner. Reporting capabilities are fantastic. Creating a report and then having the ability to auto-generate daily/weekly/monthy is very useful.

Cons:
It would be nice to be able to customize the icon fore moble devices. Currently the icon defaults back to the Absorb graphic.
The ability to have hot-links within the calendar would be nice.

Roland B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of The Learning Exchange LMS

Reviewed on 2015/01/06

Pros

Uncluttered, usable user interface. You can find what you need pretty easily from the main page. Admin area is also useful.

Cons

Really nothing I don't like. The product has functioned well for my purposes. If I had to pinpoint something, it is that a search will sometimes bring up more than I really expect and need.