Setmore

Online customer appointment scheduling calendar

4,7
Gidon A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Excellent appointment maker

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Setmore helped me overcome a weird block I had against Google Calendar (I am all google all the time with many other Google products) by "forcing" me to synch with it (for best impact). It has made my meeting setups 1000% better and really my whole day more efficient.

Pros

Cons

I use it to schedule one on one Zoom meetings. It works very good for this. I would perhaps suggest creating a different version of Setmore especially for people like me, who are trying to just coordinate one on one meetings. A version that would look less like "buy a massage slot" and more like "set up a meeting with someone who's not trying to sell you something". I find myself apologetic when I am trying to set up a meeting with someone higher than me in status

Also, some people said that they need to sign in or sign up to use it?? Maybe because a masseuse needs certain info, but a "let's get on a call together" really just needs name and email.

Rory C.
Industry: Renewables & Environment
Company size: Self Employed

If you visit customers in their homes then this is for you.

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Overall I find Setmore just really good.

Pros

This software gives my customers the ability to book my services online, pay for the appointment, get confirmation of the appointment and get reminders before the appointment.

Customers find it easy to use, it gives them the confidence that they are dealing with a company that is on the ball.

The best thing for me is that customers book me and I travel to their homes to service their woodburner and chimney. So many booking software companies assume customers come to you. Setmore know that some of us travel to customers.

Cons

Like all software, you have to play with it to get to function as you would like. It took me about a day of messing about, trying things out to see what did and what didn't work for me. I don't really see this as a con. If someone was very new at setting one of these booking softwares up, it may take a bit of time to get all the functions up and running.
Doesn't take PayPal.

Suzi H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

A few things I need that are imperative

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Overall experience is good but just so frustrating that the support chat I feel dont understand your points or address / understand you problems. It feels like they're so detached from caring. Ive literally just had a conversation with someone on chat and it was an awful experience.

Pros

Super simple and works with you, quick easy and makes life simple

Cons

Really important for us and reasons why I witched:
We need to take varied deposit amounts
If someone cancels their appointment we have to contact them to get their card details to to refund their deposit- it's really frustrating
Sometimes when I contact customer support I feel like they dont listen
Our clients frequently commented on the fact that they stated going through the booking system then it quit/froze/took their card details and didnt go through. We thought it was people just being difficult however it was such a common complaint- can we report it to you and you look at a history of what happened within that transaction?
Why can we not reuest payments off people through setmore- its a really great feature.
There's not enough characters for T&Cs & notes to the customer when booking.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Erik D.
Industry: Music

ALMOST PERFECT

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I love using Setmore. I've been using it for my other business in the Massage Industry which how I found this platform. It worked great for the wellness industry since the limited booking time frame issue wasn't a concern in that industry since appointments are never booked passed 12am (but it did lack other functions like contracts/document sharing and HIPPA protected file management for SOAP notes, etc.) – but as a booking system for a music studio it works great, minus that one issue with the 24-hour limited booking functioning.

Pros

The ease of use and great customer service.

Cons

The limitations on functionality, for example: it's impossible to book an appointment that passes 12am, therefore a 4 hour appointment from 10pm-2am has to be scheduled as 2 separate bookings (10pm-12am then 12am-2am) which is very inconvenient.

Lela M.

Almost met all my needs

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Overall, with as much as I like it, the inability to book multiple services with one buffer time is a deal breaker for me and I'm probably going to have to go with another software.

Pros

I like that the software integrates Square for CC processing, which I have already been using for years. I like that it is easy to set up. I like that you can add a buffer to the services, that really helps with the new cleaning requirements due to Covid.

Cons

I am disappointed that I am unable to book multiple services from my end of the software. This is huge for me as I rebook my clients at the end of every appointment. If I had to rely on my clients to rebook themselves in a timely manner they would forget and my schedule would be disrupted. Not being able to do this affects my business income, which is a huge problem.
Other minor concerns are,
1) color coding of services, when a service is added to a category, it should automatically take on that categories color, not a random one.
2) it would be nice if there were a deposit option on booking instead of just full payment, it should have a percentage of service total option,
3) I can't see all schedules for the day side by side
4) I also wish there was an option to have memberships available

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jim C.
Industry: Fine Art

Service with a smile

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

I will now be able to book appointments with my clients when they click a button on my website, when I text them a link to my booking page, offer that link in social media, and email it to anyone wishing to meet with me. This is awesome.

Pros

Upon trying out Setmore for the first time, I began experimenting with features and setting up my schedule. Very quickly I was met with a chat by a friendly "Hello". Every time I came upon something I had a question about, another assistant chimed in to say Hi. I ended up asking questions as I came upon them, then was already accustomed to using the chat by the time I asked a few questions on my own. Relevant articles were suggested, direct answers were given. I am discovering, with all this help how powerful and simple this app is. Also, since I am getting really fast response, I am more efficient using the app. I intend to integrate it with my website.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of a negative aspect to Setmore.

Vinny C.
Industry: Cosmetics

Best booking service yet !

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Pros

I like everything about it so far, very easy to use and clients love it.

Cons

I would like to be able to quickly block off time Compared to creating a new break.

Stacey-ann C.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Fair

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Great

Pros

It is easy to use and manage, also to keep track of my financials

Cons

You cannot combine services, like Fresha. That will be my main reason for trying another app. I would like to be able to build combos for clients to select.
You cannot issue discounts or coupons

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brian M.
Industry: Real Estate

Great Product and Services

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

As mentioned we like all the functionality. I have been working to integrate into a variety of my businesses, and offering to my sales team(s).

Pros

I like the functionality, and ability to have variety of services, staff, and integrations!

Cons

Only thing I would love is ability to adjust color to match business color schemes but it not a drawback.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Getting Started, needed help...Help answered quickly and solved my issue

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I will say I just started and so far it has been great, no issues other than my question which was answered quickly and I was back setting up our account.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Ability to customize and use.

Cons

Would like the ability to customize industry. Categories are great for general use but does not allow a more specific Industry to be selected or set.

Gregor M.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Great one-stop shop for health practitioners

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Setmore provides a combination of easy-to-use function sand features that make my job as a life coach simpler. Setmore is my single source of truth for the day to day running of my business. Appointment booking, calendar integration, client details, email and text appointment reminders, cash and card payments, web storefront, these are all features I'd expect to find in software targetted at my business, but the no-cost integration with Teleport for group and one-to-one video sessions is the cherry on the top. If you run a hair salon, a yoga or pilates studio, a coaching business, a massage practice or any session-based appointment-run business, then it is worth your time evaluating Setmore.

Pros

Setmore is incredibly easy to use and set up. The feature set for anyone who lives by client appointments is perfect. Simple integrations with payment providers ensure you can charge for services. Best of all is the integration with Teleport.video for video conferencing. The dashboard gives you a high-level view of your business, and the reports and client database are simple but useful. If you need deeper analytics or CRM functionality Setmore also integrates with most of the market leaders. Finally, Setmore support is responsive, professional and helpful.

Cons

As an Apple-based business, the support for Safari is not as complete as the support for Chrome. There is also no support for Windows Explorer - which can be an issue for video chats with some clients. However, as there are workarounds - use Chrome or Firefox - this isn't a deal-breaker. I would like a bit more customisation for the client-facing features. For instance, the online booking page isn't customisable for look-and-feel - e.g.brand colours. layout etc. However, those are advanced features which I suspect few customers would take advantage of, so again not a deal-breaker.

Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Even the free account works perfectly.

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

The system is very easy to use and customize. The help desk is always available to ask questions, and they give the right info very fast because they know the system and understand your needs very quickly. What can I ask more? Thank you!

Pros

1. It is free! Heartfelt thanks from non-profit schools like us.
2. Customizing almost everything acc to our school's needs. Being able to add required fields while booking. Please keep all the existing functions other than the "cons" I'll mention below.

Cons

1. We had two services with two different slot lengths: 15 min and 30 min. I couldn't open both from the same account. I had to open one more free account for the 30 min service. If I did not, students could make appointments every 15 minutes, which meant they could make double reservations.

2. When customizing the booking page, the character limit for the titles of the required fields is very low. I couldn't even write "purpose of study". Could you make at least one field where the character limit is much more? I needed students to summarize briefly what they needed to study. "Purpose of study" is not clear enough to convey my message.

3. If you cannot do the 2nd one, could you at least let the admin customize the "comments" box?

Christine M.
Company size: Self Employed

Best I've found for a free booking software option.

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Softmore gives me a great option for online booking and booking management. I love that it gives my customers reminders and offers the opportunity to pay ahead of time. Please add an ability to highlight dates with available bookings though!!!

Pros

The price for sure, but also that the customer support is fantastic. It has most of the features that I need, including a booking app, nice landing page, appointment reminders. So far I haven't found any glitches or issues with Setmore.

Cons

Only one issue, as a therapist who only works 2 days a week, it can be hard to customers to know which dates have available bookings. It would be FANTASTIC if days with open availability would show up green, or highlighted somehow, so customers know to click on those days. Everything else is great...however this one issue does make me consider switching to another software.

Suthasinee R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The best customer service and affordable price in the market

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Easy to use platform. Affordable price.

Pros

Very easy to use, custome service are great, you can reach them anytime ( love it) I would recommend this app for everyone who need a basic scheduling app because it's very cheap and easy compared to many on the market. I have tried a lot of Software but Setmore is by far the best. Would be perfect if they offer marketing, intake form, client's file or SOAP which very important for many industries nowadays.

I am not only like the app but I like its people too. Thanks guys for hard work.

Cons

I know they are doing they best to improve their app everyday. Keep it up the good work. Cheers

Jörgen P.

Why I still use Setmore

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

So far very satisfied with constant improvements in Setmore.

Pros

Very easy to manage, great customer support, clear and simple interface.

Cons

Lots of bugs over time while booking an appointment or especially when changing currenty booked appointment. Many times customers are overbooking each other, even when it is not allowed in the settings. For an example, two customers have probably booked from computer at the exact same time. So one of them gets the appointment created email and the other does not. But for the first timers it is very confusing so they both come at the same time it was available. I suggest implementing a small time frame the booking has to be made, so when a customer clicks on the preferred time he/she is the only one accessible for that appointment in this small time frame, lets say 2 min. Other thing which would be beneficial for the users would be so called "Customer view". Simple push of the button in the booking calendar view for the administrator that would hide currently booked customer names, so when Client is in the office he/she can choose another available time without seeing other customers names and info. So to say discreet view for customer eyes.

Melanie C.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to Use Appointment Management Tool, Free Version of Setmore Meets All My Needs

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

My experience with Setmore has been outstanding. The free options have provided me with everything that I needed and things that I didn't know I needed, but love! I use Setmore every single day. Customers from various organizations can easily make appointments through the easy to use interface. I can customize the interface and corresponding emails. I can generate daily reports and schedules for my staff. I can look up customer information to follow up with customers. I can modify the availability of appointments. I am very excited to have found Setmore. One more thing, the customer service at Setmore is excellent. When I had an issue with reporting, the Setmore staff helped me immediately and gave me updates along the way. The Setmore staff followed up with me and made sure that everything was working well for me. A big thank you for the excellent customer service!

Pros

Setmore has been the perfect fit for what I need. I needed a way for an exclusive list of customers to make appointments, but I needed to be able to control when the appointment times were available based on a variable schedule. For instance, some Mondays appointments were available from 10am - 7pm and on other Mondays appointments were only available 12pm - 7pm. The free version of Setmore allows me to: customize the appointment dates/times available, allows me to embed the appointment schedule into a WordPress site, allows me to easily view and report appointment times, allows me to maintain a customer list, and even allows me the ability to customize messages to customers. Setmore has been the perfect appointment tool for my program and organization.

Cons

I love Setmore. If I had to pick one limitation it is that when I customize emails through Setmore, I have a set character limit that is just a few characters shy of the total message that I would like to send. I make due with the character limit, but my message would be a little better if I didn't have the character limit in place.

Steph G.
Industry: Real Estate

Highly recommend for Property Managers/Sales Appointments

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Setmore solves our scheduling issue with clients - we don't need to email them open timeslots and then have it change by the time they reply - now we just sent them a link to see the 'live calendar' and they can choose current openings. It also allows us to schedule group classes, and have multiple people meet us at once. We can easily ask the clients a few preliminary questions that they must fill out before their appointment, such as their budget and move-in date, so we know what products to show them at their appointment. It saves us phoning them ahead of time to discuss options and make sure we have products available for them.

Pros

I've used this software daily at my past and current company for 2+ years, it's very easy to set up and start using and the Pro version was a 'must have' when I changed companies. The ability to remove Setmore branding and integrate it into our business helps us look professional and consistent in our branding for our clients. We use it to schedule private appointments with clients, book group appointments, and reserve elevators for people moving in/out. It's easy to update hours/availability, add staff or services, and add clients. Very user friendly for our clients, we never need to help them with online bookings. The value for money is excellent, especially considering the amount of time it saves us trying to book appointments with clients (often 40+ appointments per week at our peak).

Cons

We had requested and then tested a new chat feature that would allow us to text message users from the software, but wished that it could show our work cell as the 'reply' number. It's not that important to us, so this was a non-issue.
I wish we could set up reoccurring group classes (ie every Friday at 5pm, we offer ABC class, but people register for individual sessions) but it's not yet a feature so we manually add the group classes.

Debby E.
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to set up and use straight away

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I am a new business and wanted to provide an option for new customers to book online, and to also centralise the management of appointments, which Setmore has provided. Regardless of where I am, I can immediately take a booking via my mobile or land device.

I was pleased to see that they have covered all major integration points and I have used this within my social media posts and website, which generates business. I am also looking to integrate with my Zoho account.

Pros

I am 6 months in and still on the Free version. I have found it user friendly and very easy to set up. I have found the customer support to be amazing and they are always looking to help resolve any issues.

As I work from different locations, I have set this up by changing Provider to Location, which works for me as I am the only therapist in my business.

I love that it integrates with social media, which is a huge benefit.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility in some areas, and perhaps consideration of some wording options, such as, there is no option to 'Cancel' an appointment, only to 'Delete'. Delete is permanent and entirely removes the record from the customer account, it remains in the 'back-end' of the system.

This creates a problem as if a new customer needs to cancel, then their whole record is 'Deleted', and to make another appointment I need to re-input their details. I understand this to be different for those that make their own appointments online, but most come directly through me, as the sole point of contact.

Customers looking to 'Cancel' their appointments are contacting me, as their only option is to 'Delete' which is confusing for them.

An option needs to be available where the client record is retained when the appointment is 'cancelled' by the administrator

It would be useful to have an option based on 'location' rather than 'provider/therapist'

Corinne P.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent value, reliable online booking system

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I am a sole-proprietor massage therapist. My job does not allow me to answer phone calls during the day, and I prefer to not be returning calls during my small breaks between clients. The online booking option is perfect for my business.

Most of my clients are now booked with recurring appointments, or will book online using the "Book Now" button on my facebook page. This allows me to spend less time on the phone. Less time on the phone greatly decreases the amount of time I spend on administrative tasks.

Pros

I wanted software that would allow online booking and text reminders that was affordably priced for small business.

Cons

Two complaints:
1. I really need the option to display only the first name of clients that are booked in to the system. My workspace is oriented in a way that clients can see my calendar while booking, and as a regulated health professional it is required for me to protect this information from public viewing.

2. There is no option to email, export, or print any appointment history. I am often required to share this information and it is a very common feature for other appointment systems. Currently I am required to cut and paste this information from Setmore where it is not easy to even highlight for copy. It seems to be a feature that should have been added after all these years I've been waiting for it now.

Matthew S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easiest and Most cost effective scheduling interface available

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

We have had a much easier time getting our clients comfortable with booking their own appointments and being more responsible with cancellations using this system. The staff appreciates the ability to book from their phones or cancel and reschedule from outside the office.

Pros

It is easy to set up and maintain. The integration with our website was seamless. We're able to customize on the fly.

Cons

It would be more helpful if the client also had an interface that allowed them to see upcoming and past appointments. A register of cancellations, dates and communications times would also benefit us.

Monica H.

Excellent Product & Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

I wouldn't be able to provide the services that I do without Setmore. I am a sole practioner (massage therapist) and do not have any staff....I have back to back massages and no down time....without the online scheduler, it would be VERY difficult for me to set up appointments. Allowing clients to schedule their own appointments makes my job a lot easier and they appreciate it as well. They know their schedules and what works for them so it is convenient for everyone.

Pros

I love this software. It meets all of the scheduling needs for my small business and I really appreciate how easy it is to use and that I can customize it to fit the services that I offer and the timeframe in which I want to offer them. I especially appreciate being able to block out time.

Cons

I have been using this software for almost three years and I really do not have any complaints. The only thing that has been a problem for some clients on occassion is that they do not always notice that the month has changed when using the online scheduler. I am booked out a month and a half and I have it set up for the scheduler to take the client to the first available appointment....because they aren't always expecting that first appointment to be so far out, and the month at the top of the calendar doesn't "stand out," they don't always realize that they are booking in a different month. The only other slight problem has been when people are accessing the scheduler on their phones and the "confirm" appointment comes up to finalize the booking.....they don't always see that that part because it is cut off on the screen and don't scroll down to see it so a few people have missed that step and thought that they had an appointment but it was never finalized. However, the vast majority of my clients have had no problems using the scheduler and I receive a lot of positive feedback about the scheduler from my clients....they love it!

Sue P.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

A decent program that's easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

The software was great for my first time using an online booking/ scheduling app. It didn't have a lot of bells and thrills, but I think it did the job in keeping it simple for even a dummy like me to use. Of course over time with use, as with everything else, there are times while in the moments I had an, "I wish I could do (blank) with this" moment. Nonetheless, I think this is very user friendly for a beginner.

Pros

While using this program for about 5 years it grew on me as a simple way of scheduling clients. I am not very tech savvy, but I was able to use it with ease. It was great being able to create a service menu and be able to link it with Yelp. It has a nice feature that allows you to have reminders sent via email or text to clients so they know their appointment was coming up. The online booking feature was also easy to navigate for clients. The scheduling tabs were very clear and easy to see from the main calendar view. You're able to toggle on or off the view of other staff members schedules so you don't have to view a crazy calendar at all times.

Cons

The inability to put a real credit card info to hold appointments. While it was an option to request credit card information to hold appointments, any number would be sufficient to bypass that measure and an appointment would be booked. It would have also been a nice feature to have the same reminder options available for the staff to get notified of appointments coming up that day. As an appointment based only business I had a few missed appointments because the app never sent a notification through whether my phone was in bad service or not.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Bill A.

Day Spa Booking software

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Good, but could be better.

Pros

Setting up services is smooth and allows for the order to be determined by client and not A-Z. Most booking software do not allow for this. Thus you can not put your top selling services at the top of the booking page for ease of clients that book online.

Sends confirmation emails and reminder text. The reminder text greatly reduces no-showes.

Easy ability to download booking information into spread sheet that can be uploaded into email markeing programs.

Keeps an ongoing data base of all clients year to year. So you data base just gets larger.

Not difficult for staff to learn to use for booking appointments.

Cons

Does not have a staff only interphase that can be at the front desk. To allow staff to have all functions they must use admin page. That allows for booking software surfing by staff and the deletions of settings and services by mistake.

Does not allow for Room booking. Only does staff booking. So if a services requires more then one staff member can result in over booking and angry clients.

Needs the ability to be able to book rooms or service areas, then when assigned to staff, then staff can receive emails on service times. Currently does only books staff. So my staff never receives booking notifications. I have each set to areas or rooms in the spa.

Does not allow payment processing threw local banks or other merchants that have lower interest rates compared to Strip and Square.

Justin P.

Easy to use anywhere, especially great for a new start up (free option)

Reviewed on 2018/05/26

Pros

The best thing about Setmore is that it is very simplified, to the point, and easy to use anywhere. I have ran into clients at the grocery store, park, etc. and instead of them having to call my office to set up an appointment, I can tell them right then what is available and schedule them. We first found the free version as we were transitioning from paper and pencil scheduling to electronic, and we have found that it is perfect for our needs. You can completely customize your schedule to include as many services as you would like for different lengths of time, prices, etc. You can also add employees and customize other features including colors for services (as they appear on your schedule), office hours, and scheduling intervals. You can add as much or as little contact information about your clients as you would like. Also, I have had to contact customer service 3 times during our use, and they have been GREAT every single time. They have resolved any issue that I have had within 24 hours and were very open with communication, keeping me informed with progress.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish Setmore was a bit better about... Setmore is not really "secure". A medical office, for instance, would probably not be able to use this option for scheduling. The only real "issue" that we've had with using the app (on iOS) is that it does crash upon opening quite frequently. It does open on the 2nd or 3rd try every time, and we have never contacted customer service about this issue because it really hasn't interfered with our productivity.

Susan L.
Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

Amazingly full-featured free app that schedules like a dream!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/08

We live in a condominium community with shared amenities. When COVID-19 forced the closure of our fitness facility, we all understood and tried to make do without it. However, once our state started reopening again, we struggled with a way to reopen our gym -- especially since we had limited resources and ability to monitor and clean as frequently as was being dictated by the governor. Since "personal fitness sessions" were allowed, we devised a way that our residents would be able to "book the gym" - one at a time - to allow them to use it at their own risk (no special cleaning between uses) and be responsible for cleaning only the equipment they use. It worked marvelously!! And our residents are THRILLED to be able to go back into the gym to work out again, one at at time, without fearing that there will be other folks there huffing and puffing next to them on the treadmill. This powerful and intuitive little app completeley solved our problem and removed the hurdles of reopening the gym safely. 10-stars, Setmore!!

Pros

The ease with which we were able to set it up to suit our needs AND the amazing amount of control of the booking features that were available in even the free version. I'm dazzled by the functionality and accuracy with which this powerful little app keeps track of our users and their appointments. The user interface is very intuitive as well.

Cons

Nothing - I Googled "appointment booking app free" and Setmore came back as very highly-rated... I took a peek and had it set up for our needs within 15 minutes. From there, it was just a matter of tweaking the settings and booking policies to suit our needs. The only thing that was a TINY bit frustrating was an accidental "swipe" I made while editing a long paragraph of booking policies in the "Services" section on my mobile device that took me right back to the main screen and all my typing was lost! I gasped in horror, knowing it was my fault, but an autosave would've been awesome right then. I had to recreate the text (as I was composing it on the fly), and all was not lost - just my time.