Setmore Reviews

Setmore

Online scheduling software for small businesses

4.6/5 (226 reviews)
Sue P.

A decent program that's easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

The software was great for my first time using an online booking/ scheduling app. It didn't have a lot of bells and thrills, but I think it did the job in keeping it simple for even a dummy like me to use. Of course over time with use, as with everything else, there are times while in the moments I had an, "I wish I could do (blank) with this" moment. Nonetheless, I think this is very user friendly for a beginner.

Pros

While using this program for about 5 years it grew on me as a simple way of scheduling clients. I am not very tech savvy, but I was able to use it with ease. It was great being able to create a service menu and be able to link it with Yelp. It has a nice feature that allows you to have reminders sent via email or text to clients so they know their appointment was coming up. The online booking feature was also easy to navigate for clients. The scheduling tabs were very clear and easy to see from the main calendar view. You're able to toggle on or off the view of other staff members schedules so you don't have to view a crazy calendar at all times.

Cons

The inability to put a real credit card info to hold appointments. While it was an option to request credit card information to hold appointments, any number would be sufficient to bypass that measure and an appointment would be booked. It would have also been a nice feature to have the same reminder options available for the staff to get notified of appointments coming up that day. As an appointment based only business I had a few missed appointments because the app never sent a notification through whether my phone was in bad service or not.

5.0/10
Justin P.

Easy to use anywhere, especially great for a new start up (free option)

Reviewed on 2018/05/26

Pros

The best thing about Setmore is that it is very simplified, to the point, and easy to use anywhere. I have ran into clients at the grocery store, park, etc. and instead of them having to call my office to set up an appointment, I can tell them right then what is available and schedule them. We first found the free version as we were transitioning from paper and pencil scheduling to electronic, and we have found that it is perfect for our needs. You can completely customize your schedule to include as many services as you would like for different lengths of time, prices, etc. You can also add employees and customize other features including colors for services (as they appear on your schedule), office hours, and scheduling intervals. You can add as much or as little contact information about your clients as you would like. Also, I have had to contact customer service 3 times during our use, and they have been GREAT every single time. They have resolved any issue that I have had within 24 hours and were very open with communication, keeping me informed with progress.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish Setmore was a bit better about... Setmore is not really "secure". A medical office, for instance, would probably not be able to use this option for scheduling. The only real "issue" that we've had with using the app (on iOS) is that it does crash upon opening quite frequently. It does open on the 2nd or 3rd try every time, and we have never contacted customer service about this issue because it really hasn't interfered with our productivity.

Tracey G.

Great Online Appointment Scheduler

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Ease of organizing and reminding customers of appointment. Also loved the mobile app as well!

Pros

I love having a online appointment schedule that I can embed not only on my website but also on our companies Facebook page; allowing customers to book straight from there instead of having to go to our website first. I also love the use of the mobile app. It notifies me of any new appointments or changes and allows me to access customer details and notes on the go. It also sent appointment reminder to my customers which stopped a lot of "no-shows" Great design, both friendly for us to setup and for our customers to use.

Cons

It's a great app for someone with a hair salon or nail salon. We were trying to use it for a landscape installation service and each appointment has different time lengths versus a set time limit so we could only allot for one appointment a day online. If we could've been able to reserve dedicated days versus a customer reserving an 8am slot just to reserve a day then it would've been able to work more efficiently for us. Unfortunately a lot of our customers wouldn't read the details ordering where we told them they were only reserving days and we contact them with a time of appointment. Instead the expected their appointments at 8 am.

Kirsten F.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

Pros

Everything about this product is easy and fluid. I have been using setmore for 2-3 years. I can link it to landing pages, customize the features

Cons

They have two glitches. One is that you can limit the future ability to set an appointment, I choose 2 days. The HUGE problem is that it counts the weekends even if your office is closed and no employees work on weekends. So I can send out emails of Friday to have people set Monday appointments. REALLY REALLY BAD as it messes up all on my online advertising and ability to have people schedule during the weekend for Monday appointments. It doesn't allow people to schedule during times it is closed, it just doesn't jump to Monday, like there is no workweek only feature.

IT ALSO doesn't allow you to link to a page. it has its thank you page which you can add a link to but it does not allow you to customize that page. for example I don't want a thank you page I want it to jump to a website. the best I can get is a link at the bottom....which no one sees as they skim it as a thank you page.

Lara B.

Almost There

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall, the app is great! I use it mainly as a digital back up for my pen and paper appointment book. It is convenient to send reminders once everyone is in the system. I do not use it for payments yet, but may try it in the future.

Pros

Form all the scheduling apps that I tried, Setmore is the friendliest to use. The UI is good, easy to navigate, and visually pleasing.

Cons

I have some issues with text reminders. The default reminders are set to a format where date and time of the appointment are listed backwards. I am assuming that it is the UK format but there should be a way to change the default text even in a free version. Another improvement that can be made is for the app to simply take the phone numbers from the existing contact list on my phone instead of me entering client's phone number into the app with each new client. I end up entering them twice; once into my contact list and then again into the contact list of Setmore. An option to scan the contact list would be great. I would also suggest the addition of another color scheme for the app. It's a bit bland for my taste.

Clarisse C.

It would have been perfect if Paypal can be integrated.

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

I recommendes this at my workplace to be used for booking different healthcare services. So far it worked wonders. We didnt have double bookings (unless deliberately done so lol), we didnt have clashing appointments. And best of all we save a whole lot on diaries and pens. Perfect product.

Pros

This software allows:
1. Unlimited Staff
2. Unlimited Service
3. Color coding of different services
4. Total projected income (if you include cost of services)
5. Calendar View (monthly, weekly, daily), Agenda View
6. Ability to block slots that are not bookable.
7. Set breaks for each staff
8. They offer Free forever and Premium subrscription.

Cons

The only downside of it is that I could not integrate Paypal as my payment method. They offer payment integration for a premium account, I was willing to pay if they had offer Paypal integration. They only offer Stripe integration which is not available in my country.

Sarah F.

A good, easy to use program, well-priced, but with a lot of unusual glitches

Reviewed on 2016/08/02
Review Source

We love the features, we love the pricing...but we find that there are a lot of glitches going on that make our business look unprofessional. As a medical office, its important for us to appear professional...and Setmore has let us down on this front quite a few times.
Asking questions or lodging complaints with the company is tricky, as they're always dodging blame. Its always possible to 'chat' with a consultant, but I think English isn't always their first language, making some communication tricky.
That said, the main part of the program works well...but be prepared for some odd glitches occasionally - like clients sometimes being able to book outside of your booking hours (which they tell me isn't possible...yet its happening), or SMS reminders just not being sent (even if the system says they were). Another time, a client managed to log in as an administrator and somehow set herself up as another practitioner....that was odd too. But according to Setmore, we did that ourselves and she couldn't possibly have done it (they said as they deleted her practitioner profile).
Most of our clients find the Setmore online booking website easy to use, but don't bother trying to set up a lead time for appointments...I don't know why, but even when they changed it from 2 days to 24 hours, it still wouldn't allow clients to have the lead time we wanted (i.e. the amount of time required to book an appointment online so we didn't end up with any surprise appointments).
Also, be prepared to constantly sync your duplicate clients in your database...it is incredibly annoying and time-consuming.
In addition, the recurring appointment feature had to be disabled on our account, as if clients wanted to edit one appointment in a series, we would have to search back to find the original appointment in the recurring series, delete or change that one...and THEN edit every single appointment from then on (it sometimes was weeks or months of edits to be made for one appointment to be changed), so we no longer use that feature.

The widget to link through to our Wix website however is very handy, and they are trialing features such as 'classes' and Stripe payments. We cant comment on how the payments feature functions, as we don't use it.

Pros

Ease of use.
Even technologically-challenged clients do not find it daunting to book online.
Configurations for appointment times, and setting individual practitioner shifts are really flexible.
SMS reminders included in the price - fantastic.
Customised SMS reminders are a wonderful bonus.
Widget to link a booking page to our website is great.

Cons

Glitchy.
Communication...good but challenging.
SMS reminders sometimes don't get sent.
Recurring appointment feature does not work for our business.
Duplicate customers are constantly being created, and syncing them takes time.

5.0/10
Brad C.

Wonderful appointments system that is flexible and packed with features

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Ease of managing client appointments almost flawlessly.

Pros

Setmore is brilliant. I can run my entire company's appointments system through it and it works marvellously with google calendars and has great integration with websites. Best of all I like most of these systems it works really well on mobiles and is very easy for clients to use and administer.

Cons

So far there has been very little to criticise. There could be a little more flexibility in customisation of forms etc and perhaps the ability for organic appointments (i.e. Client chooses the length rather than have to select a set block) but otherwise suits all of our needs perfectly.

Brenda L.

Overall Good, But has glitches in software that drive me nuts

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

Appearance is nice and clean. I like that is syncs with my google calendar. Ease of use when performing. All in all I do like this program and have been with them 3 years I think. If they would work on the buggs / glitches better that would be fantastic.

Cons

That every NOW and sometime then there is some software glitch and when you contact support (who are always available, and very nice, but not that savvy) you go round and round until you either figure something out yourself , get told they will contact the developers or you just give up. They are not good at listening or understanding what you are stating it seems.

Carol S.

I am a music teacher, and this program is ideal for scheduling my students.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

I save lots of time, and time is money. I am able to offer simple scheduling to my music families, and they love that option. This program saves them time, too. And, I don't have to worry about "reminders," because I decided once and for all that I want my families to be reminded 25 hours in advance. So, I am able to enjoy my life rather than focusing on scheduling students.

Pros

I can schedule my students. My students can change their times, delete their lessons, or schedule additional lessons. This takes away my frustration when juggling 20+ students each week. I also love the "recurring appointments" feature. My students want to have the same lesson time throughout the semester, and that feature allows me to schedule all of a student's lesson for the entire semester at one time.

Cons

Their help staff is amazing, BUT I would also like to have some online help pages. They are either hard to find or not available when I need them. Let me say again, their help staff is amazing!

Misty R.

Best booking software I've found

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

I really like this booking program. I've never had any issues with it. Never a glitch.
Pros:
Easy to set up
Add as many services and employees as you'd like. Set which employee offers which service.
Set the amount of time each services requires.
Confirmation email for booking. Option to add a text reminder for client.
Reminder email.
Simple for clients to use.
Great, easy to use app
Slot blockers
Add all of your company info and link setmore directly from your website.
Options to upgrade basic service for a small monthly cost.

Cons

No complaints other than I can't seem to figure out how to change the calendar setting on the app to a Sunday-Saturday layout.

Janie W.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2017/06/24

Pros

Always available to help! I've never been frustrated by anything that isn't working or I don't know how to do, because I just ask to chat from within the app and they always help immediately. Super polite and friendly. I feel that it puts Setmore way above the rest if you are looking for an online booking system. My customers have said they love it too for the reminders they get. Thanks Setmore!

Cons

I am not so happy about the online payment integration options as I have issues with Stripe, but I have told them and they are looking into it. I am hopeful they can help as it is the only thing that is seriously putting me off. Paypal used to work OK but it isn't available now.

Setmore is probably the most user friendly booking app out there

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Overall, Setmore would be my go-to platform when it comes to booking in person services. It's incredibly affordable and easy to use for anyone who is and is not a technical person. Their customer service was helpful when I had a question and my customers felt secure when putting their credit card on the site.

Pros

I was able to create my booking site in a few hours and it took a couple more hours to get it the way I wanted with all the graphics and details. I liked that it replaced having a website. I thought I needed to invest a lot of money in a website so that I could have a booking page but when I tried Setmore, it was much easier than creating a site myself or finding the right developer.

Cons

I had a specific use case for my business and there were certain features that I would have wanted, however, Setmore had the majority of the features I needed. What I noticed about other platforms is that they were inundated with features and for a new user, it takes a while to get familiar with the platform. I did many free trials of other platforms before I decided on Setmore.

Linda W.

Timesaver!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The Setmore application gives the users more control over their scheduling. It allows them to coordinate a time based on their availability without negotiating with someone else to secure the best date and time. The payment integration also makes this application a winner.

Cons

At first glance, this application could be mistaken as only useful to those who provide a service such as hair stylists. It requires a little more time and creativity to configure it to be used in other areas. For example, I have used it to schedule reservations for equipment. It was not a very intuitive configuration but in the end it worked.

Much cheaper than industry apps

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I am super pleased that I could use this program over many other industrial programs and the cost was a fraction of what the others cost, so it's a big win!

Pros

I loved that it was cheap and still accomplished all the tasks I needed for scheduling and reminders. I really liked the smooth transition from my other program to this and I love that it's super easy and can be used on any of my devices. I also love that it works with our website and social media pages.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little glitchy and will delete appointments or add them. Sometimes the program also has issues with sending reminders when it's supposed to.

Amy T.

Great!

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Online scheduling

Pros

Very easy to copy and paste everything from your menu, set times, great suggestions as you build your online scheduler. Fast, thoughtful, thorough, tech support. Never talks down to you when you are asking something that may have been obvious.

Cons

I would like an auto suggest, type of service and time, for frequent customers that get the same service. It makes booking a little faster and easier.

Ralph R.

Support always have answers to my questions including supporting documents. Super fast response time

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

It helps me keep track of my appointments and allow my customers to book me on the go!

Pros

Best platform ever. Easy to use. The free version has enough features available but you could use a lot more by signing up to the premium package.

Cons

None. The price point could be an issue but for the amount of features available and if you want to stay organized, it is really cheap compare to others I have used in the past.

Setmore use in Scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Setmore has made it easy to update our staff with their appointments. Changes made in the main office are visible instantly to them in the field via the mobile app.

Pros

It has very robust features even in the free to use option. You can easily schedule and edit appointments, search for customers, and there is even a free mobile app.

Cons

There is lack of ease in getting reports for customer appointments.

Danielle S.

Setmore is an excellent solution for salons and stylist

Reviewed on 2017/07/02

I am able to track clients and money from the dashboard.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service is very good. You get personal one on one chat and they answer very quickly during any hour of the day.

Cons

Services can't be set for one certain days and times for a certain stylist. I want to only do blowouts on Tuesday but the software as I currently use the free version doesn't give me that access.

Matt F.

Great scheduling tool for our customers

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

Everything about Setmore is perfect for a company trying to allow customers to book their own appointments. I have it linked to a Google calendar and our Android phones so everyone is "in the know" whenever a new appointment is scheduled. It sends out text reminders automatically as well which is great. The widget that is linked to our website is also a great feature and prominently displays our calendar.

Cons

There is nothing after using Setmore for over a year that we don't like about it.

Janie W.

Setmore saves me so much time!

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

I have used it for three years now and although I have been tempted to try other software, Setmore works really well for me. I end up coming back due to its ease of use, customisation options and customer service.

Pros

customers can create their own profile and book in themselves, saving me hours in terms of phone calls and messages.

Cons

lack of integration with some payment methods

Sharla B.

Clean, simple look my clients love. Ease of use, always improving and adding features all for free

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

Easy, free, clients love it. I love the fact it's just a booking site. Nothing else to confuse my clients with scheduling an appointment

Cons

The only con I have that it is not an app for my clients. It's an app for me but my clients have to go to a website which to make it easier for them I add it to my contact info in their phone

Steve C.

I love it!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

When I first discovered it I couldn't believe how easy it was to use and what a prefect fit it was for my business. You can pay to upgrade some functionality but I've been fine with the free version.

Pros

This software is a great alternative to a paid application. I run my whole personal training business with it.

Cons

Really, I have nothing bad to say about it.

Bruce C.

Always friendly, helpful assistance when needed.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Running the daily client schedules for a busy massage practice.

Pros

Very cost effective for the size of clinic we run.
Easy to train new staff members how to use it.
Never have issues resolving problems.

Cons

All systems have occasional glitches. This one does too. But it's always quickly and easily resolved with on line support.

Fa N.

Great booking site for a solo biz owner

Reviewed on 2018/05/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great app for a solo worker starting out
plus its free and easy.

Pros

Pros:
ease of use, simple
customer service 24*7
look up client history

i like the layout its clean and easy to work with
i can use either the website or the app
although the app needs a bit of work
as soon as i download it my battery runs out.

Cons

Although it is a great website to book appointments
it has its fair share of glitches
Sometimes i won't get client notification or
if my clients book and i don't see the booking in my time zone
but the customer service will work with you to fix the problem
usually it takes a few days to fix the glitch