CrashPlan Reviews

CrashPlan

Easy, automatic cloud business backup

4.6/5 (202 reviews)
Kyle M.

CrashPlan does exactly what it needs to do

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

We no longer need to manage our backup infrastructure. CrashPlan takes care of this. Previously, with Windows Backup, we needed to periodically purge our backups because when using a network location, Windows Backup can't do versioning. So we'd end up filling terabytes of storage of the same files over and over again. CrashPlan fixes this problem for us!

Pros

CrashPlan is really easy to use. I love using it because I can backup to another computer for FREE! The only part of the app that is pay is if you want to backup the the Code42 cloud. If you don't use the cloud, you get easy & free backups! The versioning is also really nice. We can restore a file from any point along it's life. CrashPlan is used to backup our general file server, our email server, and our SQL database dumps. I can centrally restore any file from any server from my location. We migrated to CrashPlan from Windows Backup. It took a lot of overhead out of our backup procedure. CrashPlan has also saved our files from Virus' on a few occasions. With the outbreak of Ransomware, CrashPlan really helps save our files from being encrypted.

Cons

CrashPlan is written in Java, which means, it's pretty much the only reason I have Java installed. Supposedly, a non-Java client is coming, but who knows when or if that will happen. It is also _really_ difficult to manage on a headless server. You basically have to create a SSH tunnel, then from a separate computer 'fake' out that installation of CrashPlan into thinking it needs to connect through the SSH tunnel. Done properly, your desktop CrashPlan will connect to the CrashPlan backend on the headless server. It would be really nice to be able to manage a headless server without any SSH tunneling, or port forwarding, or any of that.

Continuous peace of mind and protection

Reviewed on 2016/07/11
Review Source

It just runs... You go to lunch, you go into a meeting. Its running. You go on holiday its running.

Code 42 platform can be used to backup end point devices throughout the world to your own private server. Code 42's cloud servers or a combination of both. You can specify global settings or individual ones. Customising to the exact level required for you or your business.

It can be deployed for a few dozen machines or thousands. It gives us viability on our servers data and endpoint client activities providing more insight than just a regular backup client.

Pros

The client is customisable. It can be deployed silently and is configurable from the machine or can be locked and the configuration done via the server.

New abilities allow the user to restore data form their backups if starting again on a new machine. This can aid migrations and ease pressure on facilities.

Strong encryption, compression and an easy to use interface make using the client a pleasure.

Documentation is very detailed and easy to read and follow along.

Code42's support are extremely helpful and pleasant!

Cons

Recent redesigns of the client and server interface have left things confusing. The attempts to make the whole system minimal results in it being more difficult and annoying to use. Some features are difficult to find or too many layers deep now. The interface is also less responsive than the previous versions and often doesn't update for a long period of time.

The web interface for the main server does not work properly in Safari which is a big annoyance for us and our users.

Code42 seem to be continually changing the name of the product. Crashplan Pro. Crashplan ProE, now Code42 platform. It can be confusing and again frustrating.

Code 42's support team are excellent! I cannot praise them enough. However I do not have the same experience with the Sales team, Code42 are after certain customers and in that refuse and do not want to help other customers which has propogated bad will throughout the community that has supported them from a startup.

Nathan M.

Excellent backup engine for any platform.

Reviewed on 2016/03/23
Review Source

The CrashPlan architecture allows versioning, continuous backup on OS X, Windows, and Linux desktop clients, and Code42 offers PROe private cloud servers for each of these platforms as well.

I've used CrashPlan PROe (private cloud server with standard CrashPlan client) for three years, in multiple small business settings. It's a five star product, with five star support, but a few small but persistent browser compatibility issues, and one major licensing problem, keep it from earning all five stars from me.

Pros

Installing, maintaining, and updating the PROe server is trivial on both Debian Linux and OS X. (One-click updates directly from the administrative console would be a nice addition, since locating update files on the Code42 site is not as quick as it perhaps should be, but that's a minor nuisance).

Likewise, installing and configuring clients is fast and easy, and once the client software is installed on a workstation, the administrative console allows control of all client settings, saving legwork. Client access can be restricted to ensure that backups are not interrupted, and CrashPlan PROe has a complete set of legal hold tools available in a separate administrative interface should your organization require them.

The client is lightweight and offers good granular control over bandwidth use. The server is extremely flexible, allowing any number of storage points on any number of running servers, even across server platforms, and the CrashPlan architecture further allows any client to be delegated as a storage point for other clients, in the case of, for instance, a satellite office scenario, disaster recovery, or server maintenance.

Cons

The only real operating nuisance I've encountered is browser incompatibility with the otherwise lovely administrative console, which does not scale properly for Mobile Safari, and which presents a baffling "server disconnect" message on Safari for OS X. On the desktop, one can simply use Firefox or Chrome, but a proper mobile Safari theme--or even the ability to permanently eliminate the client download prompt when accessing the console from a mobile browser--would be a huge improvement for those of us who do an increasing amount of our admin tasks from our mobile devices.

The ugly is that this wonderfully designed, private cloud backup system, which was once my first choice for small business clients, is now available only in packages of 25 licenses and up. Not only does this make no sense from a supply side—Code42 incurs no storage or infrastructure overhead from private cloud backup, so one would think they would prefer to sell these licenses—but it arbitrarily shuts out small businesses from a product which is otherwise perfect for the small business use case, forcing these businesses, often creative firms which generate multiple gigabytes of new data each hour, to rely on Code42's public cloud product (try uploading 2 terabytes on virtually any broadband connection in the US) or, more realistically, to look elsewhere for onsite backup solutions.

I used to recommend CrashPlan PROe to all my small business clients. I can no longer do so, not because the product is not excellent—it is—but because Code42 literally will not sell it to them if they can't buy 25 or more licenses. The mind boggles at whatever bean-counterish logic led to this decision, which both locks small businesses out of an otherwise ideal product for their needs, and amounts to Code42 throwing away all potential revenue from those in the small business sector who cannot rely on public cloud backup alone.

I'd encourage small businesses and consultants working with small business to contact Code42 anyway, and put some pressure on them to revise this policy. CrashPlan PROe is otherwise as close to a perfect product as I have seen in the last ten years of IT, and it is simply foolish to refuse to sell it because a client has a smaller budget or smaller needs.

Ray A.

I relied on Crashplan for document backup while completing my PhD abroad.

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Outstanding performance over the 3 year period that I used it. Once my data was uploaded (it took nearly a year), I was assured that my PhD research was safe.

I stopped using it because the internet in China was simply too restricted and curtailed to make it useful.

Pros

It runs continuously in the background to ensure that the files selected are backed up.
The Crashplan client automatically backs up to ensure that customers are using the very latest client and are not in danger of security leaks.

The Crashplan client is cross-platform and will run on Linux and Mac

Cons

Code42 appears to have removed their plan for standard household users and now only has plans for small and large businesses. Unfortunate for the average household computer user.

When I used Crashplan for backup in Beijing, China, the upload speeds were horrendously slow. I assume this was not the fault of Crashplan, but the result of serious Internet throttling by the internet provider or by state security apparatus in China where all connections to the outside world are severely curtailed. Backing up 200gb of data took nearly half a year. But my experience was likely unusual.

Based on other user reports of Crashplan, the upload and download speeds are quite good.

Joel B.

Excellent backup tool, but dropping Home product will lose customers

Reviewed on 2018/05/08
Review Source

Pros

This was the best and lowest cost backup tool on the market...when the Home product was available. In August of 2017 Code42 shifted away from Home and is focusing on enterprise and small business. The Home product was AMAZING. It backed up quickly, offered unlimited storage, and allowed you to backup multiple computers at the same time. Plus you could back up to other friend/family's computers to avoid having to pay for the service at all. This had everything a home user could want and at an amazing price. NOTHING came close. And I mean NOTHING!

Cons

Unfortunately, Code42 has left the Home market and is focusing on enterprise and small business. For those two segments, this is a great product, but I feel like dropping the Home market is a disservice to their existing Home user base. They should have allowed existing customers to continue forward with their Home product and Home product pricing. I get that they want to change their focus, but moving away will really hurt. That's a bad thing, but it speaks to the excellence of their Home product.

Robert B.

The cheapest backup solution, but be patient to backup or restore

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Overall, Crashplan is a wonderful software for individuals getting into Cloud storage or looking for an alternative to offsite backup. It provides a fundamental experience with setup for beginners, but lacks the higher end competitors. Additionally, in an emergency event, I would not expect CrashPlan to be first priority for a restore. I would use CrashPlan as a last means of backup/ restore.

Pros

The cost for this backup is what most people value. The option to encrypt your backup prior to sending it to Crashplan's server is comparable with other high end backups. The option to backup to multiple other devices also makes CrashPlan one of the very few backups that allow you to multi-backup to different sites, machines, or other users using CrashPlan.

Cons

The time to backup a 1TB drive could take well over a month (My experience). It never tells you when all files are completely backed up, but continuously keeps backing up. The software does not tell you if a backup has failed or cannot pend. Overall, great value for a small business with 5 or less employees, however, if your a larger company, I would look else ware.

6.0/10
Liz W.

Crashplan, The Most Affordable Backup Solution

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Overall, Crashplan has been a wonderful solution to my need for affordable cloud backups. My photography business would not continue to operate if I couldn't safely save all my work. I've had past wedding clients return five years later asking for a copy of their lost wedding photos; Crashplan will continue to enable me to ensure that I will always have an off-site copy of my work at a really affordable price.

Pros

As a professional freelance photographer, I have to backup huge amounts of data to keep my business safe. After much research, and one bad experience with a different cloud solution company, I found Crashplan (Code42) to be the most affordable system that still allows unlimited backups. They are priced extremely competitively without compromising quality.

Cons

Crashplan used to have a mobile app that allowed users to access all their backed-up files from their phones. They recently discontinued this app. I can hardly believe the company would take such a step backwards. I used the app on a regular basis to refer to documents or images that I needed to access while I was away from my computer. This convenience was one of my biggest draws to Crashplan initially; I wish they would bring back the app.

Full-Featured Backup Solution With Good AD Integration

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

We have been very satisfied with the backup capabilities of our CrashPlan implementation. We use CrashPlan for backing up the critical files of our employees. The CrashPlan administrative portal is fairly easy to use, and it has many great features. The biggest issue I've had in using their software is getting users to automatically disable when their account has been disabled in Active Directory; I've had the script working in the past, but every time we update, it seems to break the script and takes quite a bit of time to get it running again.

Pros

I like that you can get very granular about what you want to back up. You can select entire folders to backup, but you can also specify that certain file types should be ignored. You can even specify that certain files be ignored or included.

Cons

Using their built-in scripting for auto-disabling accounts when the related account is disabled in Active Directory has proven to be a pain. I've had it working before, but every time I upgrade the software, it seems to break that capability without actually changing the script.

Peter W.

Backups made easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Review Source

Pros

The free plan offers really great features, being able to backup to a separate computer has been in-valuable. With the paid-for option offering an even better service, letting you backup directly to CrashPlans cloud servers.
Restoring to previous versions is also super simple, with a simple-to-use user interface it really isn't hard to figure out. Also, restoring is a very quick process, much faster than other backup programs I've used in the past.
The initial installation and continued maintenance of CrashPlan is also very straight-forward, taking virtually no time at all to do either.

Cons

The biggest negative of CrashPlan is the sheer amount of resources it takes up on your PC / MAC to get these back ups done. On a pretty powerful machine you can sometimes notice a very slight lag.
Integration with other firewalls can be a pain, especially if using a more obscure and not-well-known brand. Also, the web interface doesn't work on some web browsers, which isn't a big problem for me, as I solely use Google Chrome. But it may be a sticking point for other users.

Johan D.

CrashPlan for the Enterprise

Reviewed on 2015/12/26
Review Source

Code42 has done a fantastic job creating a solid enterprise product that is easy to use, transparent to the end-users, and backed by a company that takes an active interest in the input of their customers.

Even with the trend of moving data to the cloud, end-point backup remains a critical necessity in the modern end-user computing environment. Systems fail, users delete data, users switch computers and things still go wrong and make backups a necessity. CrashPlan is equally useful for file recovery or simply moving a user to a new computer.

Client backup products are not always without impact to end-point performance. CrashPlan's interface is simple and easy to use. Virtually no training is required for both end-users and administrators. Granted that backup is not an overly complicated process, but CrashPlan has refined the process better than the competition. Whether using the on-prem or off-prem option, CrashPlan provides security and stability for your company's critical data.

My only real criticism with Code42, is that in the last year they have not focused sufficiently on the development of CrashPlan. I feel like they made a poor choice to focus too much on SharePlan, which was not something that was critical to their core business. CrashPlan is also a bit behind the curve on features related to legal hold and e-discovery, but they are trending in the right direction.

The best part of CrashPlan is that is just works. Its a solid, well-written product with great support that give users a sense of security about the data that keeps the business working.

Easy to administer
Minimal impact to end-user performance

Cons

Code42 should focus more on the core business and less on additional offerings
Legal-hold e-discovery capabilities are still immature, need more focused development

Graham P.

A simple endpoint backup solution

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

I have been using CrashPlan for over two years for about 30 of my customers. Aside from a few issues with memory usage for larger backup sets (issues that were quickly resolved with by a chat with support), I have had almost no problems. Backups run, complete, and restores always work.

The software's focus is on backing up endpoints, not servers. But it works fine with simple file servers and is a very inexpensive way to protect data. It's really a last resort backup for most of my clients - not something they depend on from day to day, but it's a great solution in case they end up with a hole in the ground for an office.

The setup process only takes a few minutes. Restores are relatively intuitive - just pick a date and then pick a file. Small restores can be done through a web interface. I have never had to do any large scale restores, but I can imagine that they would be difficult since there is no way to have a hard drive shipped to you - the restores have to be done over the internet through their software.

Pros

Inexpensive, remarkably reliable.

Cons

Tends to be a bit of a memory hog.

Max K.

Solid file level cloud backup software

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

On the scale from 1 to 10 (10 being best), 8.

Pros

Fairly reliable.
Fairly easy to configure and use.
Extensive feature set.
Custom configuration of retention, including unlimited retention.
Custom file versioning setting.
They will not delete your backed up files if the drive you were backing up is unplugged (some other software will do that - VERY VERY BAD).
Fairly inexpensive, for small or large computers and servers.
Data is encrypted with your own private key.
Restore is available through the agent or cloud control panel.

Cons

Limited to file level backup, no image backup.
Single cloud storage without Geo redundancy (can't have everything for the low price they are offering).
Customer service is email only and almost not available over the phone (software is fairly reliable and cost is low)

Chris J.

Big fan of the set it and forget it method of backup with CrashPlan

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

The versioning of your files is awesome, and the upload of changed/new files is really quick and can be set to backup at certain times with specified processor usage.

Pros

I love how my business version of CrashPlan continuously monitors my computers for any changes then uploads those changes to the cloud. Even though I run image backups of all our computers on the network, I will backup all important files to these computers which are then encrypted, uploaded, & versioned so that I can always go back in time for previous saves of my files. The support staff is great as well. Price is great for our plan which I believe includes 3 computers (originally just 1).

Cons

The interface is a little unintuitive especially when it comes to restoring previous versions of your files, but once you do it a few times it's no big deal.

Christopher D.

Great Software for Business, Slow Support, Frustraing Configurations for NAS

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I used this service for several years with multiple PC's before the swapped to the per-device cost. It was an easy set-it-and-forget-it setup and making sure that all files were backed up. Upload speeds could be hit and miss depending on the server or time of day.

Pros

Once configured, the software is easy to maintain, do backups, and encrypt data.
GUI interface is simple to use and makes restores much less painful
Support can be helpful via e-mail, phone not so much.

Cons

Cost of the software seems to creep up every year, and recently have switched to a per-device cost which makes indivudal backups more expensive.
Headless support is almost non-existant and a pain to set up
QNAP NAS requires a community written docker container to be able to manage as a cloud backup
Phone support is painfully slow to answer questions and immediately requests RDP.

Adam P.

BEST backup software hands down !!! I love it

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

It kept all my data, photos and docs safe for years !!

Pros

This is the best backup software for a home user ever. The best part is that you can backup an external USB Drive. I run it on my mac and have been using it for 5+ years. The software runs in the background and backs up my files so I don't have to worry. They have plenty of settings to limit when it backups and how many resources to use. Since I have a capped bandwidth I set it so I just upload in the evening. I've recovered a couple of files by logging into the web interface and downloading a zip of them.

Cons

I'm very sad that they will no longer offer consumer accounts at the end of August 2018 if I'm a small business I would use crashplan. I'm super bummed that the software I recommended to so many is going away :(

Code42 CrashPlan; keep your data safe.

Reviewed on 2016/02/25
Review Source

In higher education, students are reliant upon the ability for the faculty and staff to produce and support a quality product, which is their education. In order for this to happen on a consistent basis, the staff and faculty must be able to do their jobs. Data must be available all the time. But in the real world, the ongoing battle rages between those on the outside who have a desire to disrupt work with the motivation of making a profit at other's expense. There is also the battle of hardware failures, and user errors to name a few. There is so many ways to lose data, it's amazing we are able to accomplish anything at all. Enter Code42 CrashPlan. We started using this product several years ago. We started using this product several years ago. We were on a tape backup system that honesty was a poor excuse for data backup. From request to recovery was at least an 18-hour turnaround time. And recovery was a crap shoot at best. With Code42 CrashPlan, turn around is only limited by the amount of data being recovered. The more data to recover, the longer it takes to download. And 95% of the time, recovery is completed in 30 minutes or less. There have been times we were hit by ransomware viruses, but because of CrashPlan, the encrypted data was replaced in a matter of a few short hours. So we are extremely pleased with CrashPlan. We have it deployed to over 1000 machines including some servers. Training users was not a problem. The software uses very little resources which is always a plus.

Pros

Reliable backups, not dependent on platform. Peace of mind. Easy data recovery 24/7. It in your hands and in your control.

Cons

Not cheap, but well worth the expense.

Tab D.

Very flexible backup service that allows you to backup external hard drives w/ strong encryption

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Peace of mind knowing our files are safe.

Pros

Strong encryption helps keep our files safe. Unlike many backup services, Crashplan for Small Business allows you to backup files on any number of external hard drives for no additional fees. Also, you aren't required to move the files/folders you want to backup into a proprietary backup folder...this means you do not have to alter the structure of your file system to have an effective and full backup.

Power Tip: divide your backup into multiple backup sets for increased efficiency and peace of mind.

Cons

I wish you could more easily view the backup log so you could reassure yourself that your most important files are 100% backed up to the latest version. UX is usable but a bit awkward...it can take several somewhat convoluted click-throughs to find the setting you need to alter.

Nicholas A.

Best Backup Service for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Small app that does a good job of backing up important files. It auto restarts and rarely fails. If the app does fail the system notifies you via email. It keeps multiple revisions of the files so you can not only restore them quickly but go back to a later date if you need to. The app allows you to set up a local backup as well as your cloud backup for quick restores. Definitely, a must if you are required to store legal documents for up to 8 years like our company.

Cons

The app can sometimes get stuck on huge files but most of the time it resolves the issue without assistance. Can sometimes take up a lot of RAM depending on how many files you need backed up.

A Phenomenal Live-Saver with Little Downside

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

Managing hundreds of computers (and the data within each) can be an enormous task, but CrashPlan organizes and manages this need impeccably. Users tend to dislike this kind of program, because they often involve interruptions of slowdowns during their work (while it backs up their files), but CrashPlan does this seamlessly behind the scenes as a non-intrusive background process. Now, any of our user's computer could crash hard, and we'd be able to recover it in very little time and with very little effort.

Cons

There's little to dislike. I wouldn't mind if it cost less, but the price is reasonable if you're protecting data of even modest value.

Benjamin J.

Has so much potential but is being held back

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Unlimited backup storage of my computer system with revision history

Pros

The fact that the cost vs amount of storage you receive is incredible with Crash Plan. I have looked through so many providers for online backups and I don't believe anyone comes close to what is offered by this software.

The fact that once you you install the program and sign in, the interface is very straight forward allowing you to select what on your computer you want to back up, all the way down to the entire contents of your C: drive is great and makes the product easy to use.

Notifications are also a great feature to notify you if there was a problem during a backup.

Cons

My major issues come down to resource usage and customer support. This software, even though it does fantastic things, is an absolute resource hog.

In the past I have been able to run constant backups incrementally at 15 minute intervals without much slow down of my systems. Within the past year however, on a 16GB memory system, as soon as crash plan begins to backup my memory usage jumps from about 15% to over 50% until I stop the program completely. On windows server 2012, the same issue happens, whether Crash Plan is installed for every user, or just my admin account, the instantaneous system slow down is there to where everyone on the system is effected.

My two attempts at contacting support about the issue resulted in almost a 1 week wait time between calls/emails and the answer I ended up receiving was that they would no longer be supporting servers with the Crash Plan application. However present day their website still says it supports windows servers.

The idea behind the program is amazing, I just wish the execution and support was more clear and helpful.

Kathryn D.

Buyer Beware of Recent Changes to the Services for Small Business !

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

I have spent days on the phone with their technical support management to no avail. They do not offer a solution, and have no plans to correct or back out this potentially devastating change.

Pros

Until recently, Crashplan for Small Business was very reliable.

Cons

I have used Crashplan for Small Business for many years. They have recently implemented a change, as of May 1,2019, which had devastating effects for my businesses. They have chosen to remove from the backup all files in the /user/xxx/library/containers/ directory as well as all root directory application and system folders.

My company’s financial data was stored by our 3rd party Unix app in that directory and Code42 just randomly excluded it from backup, even though it was in the USER directory, and deleted ALL PREVIOUS BACKUPS without permission. Apparently they sent this information out in a “newsletter” to their business clients in Mid April, and implemented the change on May 1.

We had a file corruption of our database on May 18, and we were unable to recover from our online backup with Crashplan. The company made this change to a live system, had no backout plan and no recovery path for the data they deleted without our knowledge or permission. We lost 10 years of data. Absolutely devastating. The customer trust has been breached, but their attorneys claim that we didn’t have a “contract”. This is unbelievable on so many level, and my guess is that most business clients do not realize that this is happening or that their data is missing until they go to recovery and find it gone.

0.0/10
Wayne F.

It's alright (as long as you're behind a normal firewall)

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Easy of use and cost effective.

Pros

This software is easy to use and configure. I have recommended this software to others who are not tech savvy and they loved it. It's easy enough for them to "set and forget" and files recovery is as easy as selecting the folder/file you want to recover then process it.

Cross platform is a definite positive and we needed a solution that worked with MAC and Windows.

Cons

I have used this software for a few years installed on a MAC and a Windows machine. It was good until I upgraded to Sonicwall Gateway. With the latest firmware it seems as that CP on the MAC had a hard time bypassing the firewall security so I had to explicitly open all the required ports then it started running normally again. Months went by without any issues then problem with the MAC machine reappeared where it cannot connect to the CP server (meanwhile no configuration change was made to the firewall).

I have worked with both technical support from CP and Sonicwall, both have different ideas of what may be the problem. It's just odd that the MAC CP is having problems communicating out of the firewall while the Windows machine is fine. Further finetuning of the firewall will be required.

In conclusion, CP is a good reliable and cost effective backup solution providing that you are behind generic firewall. However, you may run into frustrating issues if you are behind advance security gateways like Sonicwall, Fortinet, etc. and it's not as low maintenance as one would expect it to be.

Darian R.

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 2016/04/14
Review Source

I am shocked by the number of people that do not have any backup whatsoever, and even more shocked when their only backup is a manual "copy from here paste to there every 6 months".

Whether you are backing up your family photos, music, documents, receipts or business information, project files and work, you will find Crash Plan to be the best option both in terms of usability and cost.

I've personally restored files from crash plan off of backups of computers that I no longer have because they failed, up to 2 years earlier. I back up my whole house. Offsite and every day. It's automated and you only pay around $6 a month so there is no excuse not to do it.

Pros

Peace of mind! I have over 1GB of photos as I am an avid amateur photographer of my kids and other things. I also take lots of video. It's all backed up.

All of my tax returns, anything is there backed up. I've had computers die, built a new one and then adopted an existing backup so it doesn't have to redo 500-800GB of data all over.

Cons

It can take some time to initially seed your backup if you have close to 1TB or more. And the connection depends largely upon your internet connection quality.

The cons are not a show stopper for me. I might miss one or two files being backed up from time to time until the next day.

Mark W.

Backup Everything!

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

Works well and we still continue to use it. We find it extremely valuable on our VIP users that we need to make sure we have as many safeguards in place as possible.

Pros

It backs up everything you tell it to and has a ton of flexibility in how it does that. It is easy to deploy and manage your devices to make sure they are being backed up and haven't fallen behind on backing up.

Cons

It cannot do a bare metal restore. We can easily restore files, but not from the ground up. You will have to spend some time building the machine again to get it back to where it was if you are doing a complete restore.

Richard W.

Great backup software that is Fast, Secure, easy to use and Invisible to the user

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

Secure, Offsite Backup that is protected from ransomware. The services is extremely easy and they have great tech support for questions.

Pros

I like that it is always running in the background, backing up as people work and make changes to files. I feel secure knowing my data is encrypted and stored offsite. The software and portal are very easy to use. Customer service and Tech support are great too.

Cons

There is not much to not like with this software. It just works and does what it says it does. If you have older servers, they don't support Server 2003 so that could be a disappointment.