Dylan R.

Mediocre

Reviewed on 2015/09/24

Overall: This system offers nothing outside of the norm of any other VOIP business phone system. The Web interface is slightly more intuitive than others, though it is difficult sometimes to know if a setting change has actually been accepted and changed. However, there is much to be desired in execution of calls. About a quarter of dialed calls will hang without ever connecting, then disconnect. There is no consistency with this issue as to the number being dialed. (One number may fail three times in a row, then connect on the fourth attempt. Others might fail once, then connect on the next attempt.) We have had an outstanding service issue since deploying last January which has yet to be resolved wherein any calls going to our after-hours support line generate two notification emails and two duplicate voicemails. While not critical, it is a nuisance, and the only time we receive updates on the status of the service case is when we ask for them.

Pros: Slightly easier to use and deploy than similar products. Slightly more intuitive web controls. Service department will respond when prompted.

Cons: Service could be much more pro-active in reporting status of cases back to clients. Call failures can be a headache.

Anastasia P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Cloud contact center platform

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Sharpen can help to optimize customer service for the business.

Pros

This cloud based solution can improve and helps to establish better relationships with customers. It has very useful call monitoring and call analytics.

Cons

There is no free trial version and it has just two pricing plans, one is for full contact center and another one for unified communications app. Both plans are expensive.

Emily B.

Fathom voice has worked wonders compared to past providers

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

My Company currently uses Fathom Voice for our companies needs. The service with fathom has been wonderful compared to some other systems I have used in the past with other companies i have worked for. The phones usually have a great connection.

Pros

Good connection
I like that I can instantly listen to recorded calls

Cons

We are supposed to have access to use text/international text, but it has never worked for us, or we have not been trained to appropriately use it
Sometimes there is a really long lag between the time the call is placed and the time it actually connects to start ringing

Lindsay H.

Andrew C.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Sharpen is an incredible contact center platform

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

It's been an incredible experience thus far.

Pros

The cloud-based aspect makes it far easier to maintain than previous systems

Cons

They seemed to be spread thin on support

Kevin R.

Great so far!

Reviewed on 2015/09/29

i haven't taken a lot of calls at this time. So far the system has worked well for me.

Todd C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Value and Support

Reviewed on 2015/08/27

Fathom is attentive to my needs and works quickly to resolve any issues that arise. They provide good phone service at a great value. I recommend them for any small business owner!

Pros

Great value. My monthly service is much less than I paid previously. The support team is knowledgeable and easy to work with. They are quick to diagnose any issues (even those that are problems with my system and not theirs) and provide answers to resolve them.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to configure the system, but I can call the support team to help me out. Reports, such as call logs, could be better, but I almost never looked at them with my previous provider anyway. Once the system is configured, it works great.

Christina D.

Striving for Sucess

Reviewed on 2015/09/25

It's been a long winding road; however, I genuinely feel that Fathom Voice is trying to get better! They give us some great features but some of the every day features that we expect & had for years are now not available.

Most recently I've truly missed the simple forwarding option. We've worked around it but it was laborious. To be able to just hit a fwd button + the extension in which to forward to... was great, when we had it.

I also miss the options our landlines had... like being able to speed up & slow down a message. This saved us from having to listen several times. We also had a simple keypad map that showed us how to move quickly and efficiently through steps to get where we needed. On the dashboard, I would love to also have a list of calls I've made (calls in and calls out, would be great descriptions).

We are not necessarily a large business but perhaps we act like one. :) Thus, there will always be issues or things that come up, esp. as changes occur. The Fathom Voice Crew always do their best to find a solution & never forget to get back with you... we appreciate this greatly!

• Industry: Design

Fathom Review

Reviewed on 2015/08/29

I love the ease of inner office connections and the reminders Fathom provides. I have been using this for over a year and love it!

Pros

Reminder of messages is wonderful!

Cons

Have not had any. I really find that Fathom fits my small office needs.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It worked much better than fuze

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Pros

It works. I have yet to have any issues with our integration for Salesforce

Cons

I wish we could transfer while on hold. And I wish we could add custom sounds

Sean C.

Great Phone System

Reviewed on 2015/11/24

The Fathom team was incredibly helpful when setting up our phone system for our 30+ employees. They really paid attention to what we needed from a call flow standpoint and helped customize everything that we needed.

The phone quality is fantastic! Our customer service team works remotely all over the United States and from home, so having all activity logged was key. Additionally, we needed a solution where each agent was easily located in a central admin.

Quick and Easy Service

Reviewed on 2015/08/27

Fathom Voice provides a reliable and multifaceted product that enables our office to meet the needs of our clients. The easy-to-use software is attractive and simple to use. Not only are their products great, but their customer service is quick to respond and very helpful. They rock!

Mark ryan M.

Convenience at its best.

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

I love that Fathom allows me to answer my office line without physically being at the office. Receiving your voicemails in your inbox is pretty handy as well.

Pros

Voicemail delivery, ease of use.

Cons

Internet based, if the internet goes down... So do the phones.

Sara S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Easy to use :)

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

I have used Fathom Voice for a few months now and I am also pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use and how much the layout makes total sense to a new user. For someone who is not technologically savvy this is a great asset whenever I use it, which is almost daily.

Ryan B.
  • Industry: Events Services

Catharine S.

Love the capabilities, and the customer service.

PROS -
BEST customer service. Very responsive, and work to resolve issues. Worked with another company before and had to deal with foreign customer service we were barely able to understand. Often had to sit on the phone for up to 6 or 8 hours before things were resolved.

Love the dashboard where we can see who is on the phone before dialing our team. However, we have to refresh the screen - it is not real time on its own.

CONS -
Not an easy system to learn. It is very complicated. Other system was far easier, but tons and tons of connection issues, and the nightmare of customer service was worth the change. This being said, we have a fairly complicated routing pattern, so for something more straightforward, I'm sure this will be much easier for other companies.

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Fathom Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

Pros

I like the customer support the best. I seem to never stop having questions. They are always so friendly and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes when I am out and about it is inconvenient that I cannot call out from my office phone. This comment is not necessarily targeted at Fathom. I think this would be the same for any company that offers a physical VOIP phone.

Randy S.

Great phone service...great customer service!

Reviewed on 2015/09/24

I have used VoIP phone service since 2010. It cut my regular business phone bill by almost 2/3. Then I heard about Fathom which was an enterprising upstart company here in the Indianapolis area. (I wanted the chance to work with someone locally rather than a toll free helpline in Utah.)

So I made the switch to Fathom about 2 years ago. I've been very happy with both their phone service and their customer service. I'm not very technologically literate so I require a lot of help with navigating the website/dashboard. They've all been very patient with me and they've always solved my problems.

No complaints here; I recommend them to everybody!

Shirley B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Complete Solution

Reviewed on 2015/08/25

Fathom Voice has been ideal for us, connecting our entire remote-based team seamlessly across multiple states. Having the option of using the soft phone on the computer or a Polycom phone on the desk gives us the flexibility to meet everyone’s needs. Fathom Voice provides the feature-rich functionality and scalability needed for future growth.

Nico P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Best VOIP in the game.

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

Fathom Voice is an awesome company! Not only does their product work, their employees create a culture that makes businesses, like ours, want to work with them. Ashlee Garwood, in particular, is always helpful with an attitude to provide the best customer service at all times. Outstanding representative, outstanding product, and outstanding company.

Tracy S.
  • Industry: Sports

Accessibility

Reviewed on 2015/08/28

I like fathom because I love being able to access and listen to my voicemail without having to call a 800 number, and enter my password etc before I can get my message. Fathom saves me a lot of valuable time and frustration and I love that.

Rick C.

After 6 months, we're very pleased with Fathom's clear sound, reliable equipment and service.

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

The "pros" are in the summary. The only 'con' is slightly un-intuitive software, resulting in slow customization of the system. That's greatly out-weighed by the system's clarity, portability (love 'follow me') and reliability.

Shirley S.

Very convenient that my voice mail is sent to my email when I am out of the office or...

Reviewed on 2015/09/24

Pros: Ease of access, the length of the voice mail is indicated, and avoiding dialing in to my desk phone. Voice mail can be replayed with greater volume if the caller has a soft voice.

Cons: No particular issues.

Melva H.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

I find that Fathom is very user friendly and easy to navigate. At they company I work for we have used a few different companies and in my experience Fathom has been the best.

Pros

I love that we can record the calls. In my line of work it is very easy to not catch all the important information on a call. So having the ability to go back and review it has been very beneficial for me. Also being able to save the recording allows for my Consultants to listen to my call before they reach out to the customer for follow ups and meetings. It also is great training tool for new members of the team to be able to hear real calls.

Tracy G.

Fathom Voice

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

Pros

I like being able to listen to my voicemails via email and I also like being able to forward my line to any cell phone or other phone.

Cons

That when I listen to my voicemail via email the red light doesn't clear