ZoomShift Reviews

ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.4/5 (71 reviews)
Thea H.

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Pros

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I do wish that when you achieve an employee that their shift information from the past stayed on reports. It wouldn't be the end of the world if when you were archiving them you could download their shift history, which you can, but its limited to 3 months (?). With my last employee that left, I had to spend 20 minutes trying to download his shift history just in case I need it down the road for reporting.

David S.

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed on 2017/01/08

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software!
Clock in from your phone? Check!
Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check!
Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK!
With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer.
And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter.
It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT.
And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake.
It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all.
These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation.
Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores.

ZoomShift has clocked in.

Pros

Easy interface, dozens of helpful tools, color coding and drag/dropping, mobile and web interface

Cons

Limited color options for positions, Billing liaison cannot be messaged directly by employees

Steve H.

ZoomShift Helps Make Drama Kids Rock

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

We operate an after-school drama program and teach 50+ classes in 40+ elementary schools each week with a part-time staff of 20 teachers. Different class start times, snow days, teacher conference days with no classes and holidays make scheduling our employees a challenge! We began using ZoomShift almost 3 years ago when we started out with just 3 teachers and 5 elementary schools. We know as we grew that scheduling from a spreadsheet would become a nightmare and we needed a tool that would make it simple from the start. ZoomShift was that tool! Our workforce is remote so clocking-in at their assigned location helps us keep track that our teachers are where they are supposed to be!

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use and helps is ensure we have coverage each week for all our classes. The mobile application is great and easy for our staff to use. Clocking in and out on the mobile app makes it easy to keep track of our staff. Pulling payroll hours each week is a breeze.

Cons

We did use the Discussions feature in the beginning, but then we opted for a more robust communication tool and no longer use this feature.

Kevin Z.

zoomshift review

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Response from ZoomShift

Kevin,

Thanks for the review and feedback!

It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup.

-Ben

Eugene R.

Keeping it real

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Pros

I really liked that when I downloaded it, the developers asked if I needed help setting it up. Customer service is at the forefront of this company. They even take recommendation about how to better or change there program.

Cons

This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.

Alex K.

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2016/07/02

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Laurie M.

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Sean P.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

Pros

easy, fast, efficient it is such a time saver, great customer service

Cons

Nothing after I talk to them and they show me how to do their updates

John E.

Super easy to set schedules and keep up with employee information

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Ease of employee management and weekly schedule creation.

Pros

It has an easy to use app for manager and employee control. Ability to set templates for weekly shifts. Easy to set multiple levels of employee control.

Cons

It would be very helpful if I could let a schedule for shifts to be released. Also I would like to be able to open shifts or create new ones from my App instead of my laptop.

Just what you need to be a success

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Timesheet activation can be based off IP so staff have to be onsite before they can check in via web.

Pros

It allowed us to manage staff across 4 sites with absolute ease. Timesheet management has never been easier.

Cons

Multiple sites required careful management of availability as staff can be double booked.

Laura K.

Perfect stop-gap solution

Reviewed on 2015/12/17

We are using ZoomShift in the Amazon Books store while we wait for our Kronos implementation to be complete. We started with the scheduling piece, which is very user-friendly/easy to understand and manipulate, and are incorporating the new time clock feature within the next couple of weeks. Our associates use the app to check their schedule and send availability and timeoffs, which they love, and the drag-and-drop scheduling is a hit with our managers. In HR, we love being able to see everything that's going on from anywhere, and the built-in reporting on hours scheduled vs. worked saves us hours of manual work.

While ZoomShift doesn't offer every single functionality that we'd like as a big company, it's been great as a stop-gap solution. ZoomShift customer service is the most responsive and helpful I've ever encountered. We're moving fast, and it's so nice to know that anytime we reach out to them we'll have an almost immediate answer and solution. Once, they even built a feature we asked for that they didn't have yet...within one day of us asking about it. I'd highly recommend ZoomShift to anyone looking for a time and attendance system for a small- to mid-sized business.

Nicholas W.

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees.

The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

Response from ZoomShift

Nicholas,

Thanks for your review and honest feedback!

I understand your pain with the schedule printing out too small. We are working on adding a way for users to change the size of the print view. This should help make the print outs work no matter the size of your schedule.

Also, as one of the guys who works on the code for ZoomShift everyday, I will admit that it has changed a ton over the past couple years. We are always trying to make the product better and this has resulted in some drastic changes. This has been our approach to figuring out what works best for our customers. The company and product are now more mature and major product changes are unlikely in the future. We will always be adding new features, but hopefully nothing that doesn't make you smile :).

T H.

Great for Small Business

Reviewed on 2016/08/07

I really like zoom shift for my small business; it allows me to save money but also have a legit scheduling software. Its layout is very clean and it has some really good training videos and tutorials. I also like that it has 3 tiers for pricing, we are on the move 'expensive' one, but thats less than $20/month.

Pros

- Clean
- Employees love app (great for time clock)
- GPS feature is a needed addition for different locations and employees clocking in/out on phone
- Cost

Cons

- The GPS feature still hasn't given me a warning/notification about an employee away from the building at clock in/out even though I know its happened

Dylan H.

Eased my management pains and let me get back to my job of running an IT Help Desk.

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

I employ 20 wonderful student employees, all with ever changing schedules, academic work, clubs and social outings. I use to spend five to six hours a week fussing over the Google Calendar schedule, and when anyone tried to drop/trade/or got sick, scheduling took over my entire work day.

Zoomshift changed all of that. I have been a customer for almost three years now and cannot recommend this software enough. Most importantly Zoomshift helps us uphold standards as a work team. There is no longer any doubt that employees know when they work or can check readily. I love Zoomshift because its contribution to my professional life is on par with having hired someone to do my scheduling for me.

Sincerely,

Dylan Houston, MPA
Computer Center Manager
The Evergreen State College

Response from ZoomShift

Dylan,

Thanks for being such a loyal customer. You guys have been with us since the beginning! Your review is making everyone at ZoomShift smile right now :).

Sara C.

Review for Zoomshift

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

For some reason Jenny choose this instead of working with Google Calendar. OK. We are here. It is my understanding that you were helpful to Jenny when she was setting it up.

Pros

I like that it shows the amount of money billed per job per week for an employee.

Cons

I would like our cleaners to be able to adjust their own schedules without having to have manager capabilities and seeing others schedules and pay rates. I don't like that it is hard to use on my phone. Yes I can see my shifts, but it is harder to change things.

5.0/10
Gordon F.

Surprise new program

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

Since I missed all the training on ZoomShift, I really didn't have any problems which a simple question fixed. A straight forward program. I can't rate Value for Money as I have no idea of the cost of the program

Pros

NA

Cons

none

Excellent for our escape room business

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

When we went from one employee to three, I was looking for an easy and scalable tool that would continue to work for us as we grew. Zoomshift offers exactly what we needed! My favorite features are the Google Calendar integration option, the ability to set shift preferences, and the ease of time off requests. This has been a huge timesaver for me.

Cons

I haven't run into anything I dislike so far.

Jessica G.

A Less Crazy-Making Way of Scheduling

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

It's easier to schedule on this than on paper because it has movable parts. Still it can be confusing and I am unhappy that there is no way to call and talk with someone. Emails back and forth are cumbersome when you're trying to fix something in the moment.

Pros

Movable parts..I can move my employees around quickly. The clean look it has when I print out the schedule and the various ways of looking at the week are helpful.

Cons

Lack of live customer support to help when I'm having a difficulty.

6.0/10
Anne L.

Efficient and comprehensive scheduling

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

This program is awesome! Zoomshift has allowed us to easily schedule employees, notify them of their shifts, and keep days off all in one place. The web-based nature of the program keeps everyone (managers & employees) on the same page even from remote locations. It also gives us a cross-reference for payroll. Our staffing needs change quickly and Zoomshift has allowed us to operate more efficiently and reduced the amount of time and work necessary to keep the schedule up to date. We have over 75 employees and Zoomshift is a logistical life-saver. I would highly encourage trying this program!

Response from ZoomShift

Anne,

Thanks for the kind words about our software! It is customers like you that keep us working hard everyday to build a product that people love. You guys rock!

Sarah G.

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

It is good for the most part. Really helps keeping hours organized.

Pros

It’s very easy to use, makes it super simple to clock my hours and stay on top of it. Seeing how much I earn everyday.

Cons

I didn’t like that sometimes it doesn’t save right away so you have to refresh before your hours come up - sometimes causing confusion whether I had successfully clocked in or not.

Linley M.

Zoomshift review

Reviewed on 2017/01/22

As we are a small business we did not want an expensive scheduling system and this was perfect as you pay per user. In saying that it is also easier to use than some of the more expensive systems I tried. Customer support is very quick at responding to any questions I have.

Pros

Cons

I would like to print a few weeks at a time without having to export each week (and be in week view, not month view, still)

Julia H.

YWCA Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Great customer support. All of my questions have been answered! There are a few functions I wish it had but overall it has helped me to be more efficient when scheduling my staff. My staff love the feature of the app and being able to get alerts on their phones.

Pros

The app, it adds up my hours, it is color coded, pretty easy user-friendly.

Cons

I wish it had a way to set hour limits for each individual staff.

Sean P.

Has made my job so much easier, and faster.

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

I love the pre-set times that I customized, especially with 3 stores. The request off features makes it a lot faster, along with the availability features. I cannot wait for a mobile app for ZoomShift that is probably the only bad thing I can say, that would help for the employees. They have made it easier to load new emp. into the system, most emp. use ZoomShift to find other emp. phone numbers and e-mail addresses. I have and will continue to tell other managers and business owners about Zoomshift, and how it will simplify their lives!

Response from ZoomShift

Sean,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We love having you as a customer.

We are releasing mobile apps for iOS and Android in the next few weeks :).

Chiharu G.

Easy and accessible tool for both employees and employer to help manage scheduling and payroll.

Reviewed on 2016/04/01

Zoom shift is a flexible and accessible tool for employees to be able to change their schedule to fit their needs. It's easy to make last minute changes to schedules, adjust employee hours while simultaneously being able to keep track on how much your spending on payroll. They offer exporting tools that are convenient for accounting. Overall i'm very satisfied with the product. The customer service is great, always friendly and checking up answering question and offering tips. It's very affordable for everything that it offers. It's a very user friendly tool that is easy to use for both employees and management. It has taken out all the hassle of scheduling!

Robert A.

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Cons

As the owner, I cant see the full schedule at in one screen on the App. I need to be on the computer and website to see that in full.