ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4,2
4,4
Alissa W.

ZoomShift, great free option

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Overall, it's great and I would recommend it to others. We will continue to use ZoomShift for our needs.

Pros

This software has a lot of pros. First, it's very easy to add staff, to make schedules, and do copy schedules to following pages. The fact it has an app is a huge advantage. Also, the summary of the hours each work is really important for us because we have caps of how much we can schedule each employee. Also, the notes are great!

Cons

I wish I could mark events on days without it being in the schedule. Like an alert that says "Event until 10 am" over that specific day. Now I have to leave the notes in each employees shift and then when I copy it, delete every note.

Eliana Y.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Software keeps improving

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

My scheduling needs as an employee have pretty much gone without a hitch. However from a management standpoint I can see there can be continual improvements-- each shift at my workplace has several components and if these could be able to be shuffled/assigned more quickly and easily, I think we would be able to maximize our time management.

Pros

The people in charge of UX/UI definitely seem interested in creating the best version of the product. It seems like features are constantly being tweaked and updated to be more seamless and more user friendly.

Cons

The load time should be faster and available offline (even with a disclaimer of time last updated).

Eugene R.

Keeping it real

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Pros

I really liked that when I downloaded it, the developers asked if I needed help setting it up. Customer service is at the forefront of this company. They even take recommendation about how to better or change there program.

Cons

This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.

Shannon M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Zoomshift came into my life when I was totally overwhelmed with making and maintaining a schedule for my employees. Staff was submitting request off's and preferred work days, etc. and it got really hard to manage on a simple spreadsheet. I knew there had to be a more efficient way of doing this and another small business in town connected me with Zoomshift. I haven't looked back since!

Pros

Ease of Use ... even with changes and upgrades to the interface, it takes only a matter of minutes to figure out the best way to navigate Zoomshift. It's very intuitive, which I appreciate greatly in any sot of database that I use on a regular basis.
I also love the customer service! We started with Zoomshift when it was relatively new and the service hasn't changed much since then. It seems like they've added people to the team so I speak directly to the owners less, but everyone has been wonderful to work with!

Cons

The price. It's totally reasonable for what we get and I don't question the value, but there are certainly less expensive ways we could be doing our scheduling. We also don't use all the features Zoomshift offers so that changes the perceived value a bit for me.

Brenda B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Dependable & Cost Effective Scheduling

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

It is an "out of sight, out of mind" app that helps us take care of business. It allows all staff and management to be on the same page for scheduling.

Pros

It does what we need it to do. It's cost effective, dependable & easy to use. It continues to evolve with features that we didn't even know we needed.

Cons

Slight learning curve at the beginning, very slight.

Jessica G.

A Less Crazy-Making Way of Scheduling

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

It's easier to schedule on this than on paper because it has movable parts. Still it can be confusing and I am unhappy that there is no way to call and talk with someone. Emails back and forth are cumbersome when you're trying to fix something in the moment.

Pros

Movable parts..I can move my employees around quickly. The clean look it has when I print out the schedule and the various ways of looking at the week are helpful.

Cons

Lack of live customer support to help when I'm having a difficulty.

Linley M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Zoomshift review

Reviewed on 2017/01/22

As we are a small business we did not want an expensive scheduling system and this was perfect as you pay per user. In saying that it is also easier to use than some of the more expensive systems I tried. Customer support is very quick at responding to any questions I have.

Pros

Cons

I would like to print a few weeks at a time without having to export each week (and be in week view, not month view, still)

Julia H.

YWCA Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Great customer support. All of my questions have been answered! There are a few functions I wish it had but overall it has helped me to be more efficient when scheduling my staff. My staff love the feature of the app and being able to get alerts on their phones.

Pros

The app, it adds up my hours, it is color coded, pretty easy user-friendly.

Cons

I wish it had a way to set hour limits for each individual staff.

Robert A.

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Cons

As the owner, I cant see the full schedule at in one screen on the App. I need to be on the computer and website to see that in full.

David W.

My employees love it!

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

I'm currently using this software for over 60 employees. It's incredibly user-friendly. I probably spend about 1-2 minutes explaining how the app works and my employees pick up on it right away. In addition to being a great app, the creators of the app are wonderful. They're very quick to respond if you have any questions or need any help. They're also very receptive to feedback.

The versatility of this app is great and I think it works for a wide range of business models. I highly recommend using it!

Alex U.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2016/01/26

I'll tell you why.
I've been running a small business with 4+ employees for the last 3 years and scheduling labor had always been a huge task. I had no idea this type of software was available.

With this software I'm able to bring my labor cost down, organize employees and use less time planning employees scheduling.

Over all, this service is awesome. The user interface is clean and simple to use. The pricing doesn't hurt and customer support is on point.

Geri D.

This has been a time saver for me, Zoomshift is really the best scheduling software I have...

Reviewed on 2016/03/26

The pros are the ease of scheduling employees, and the feature to have employees give their availability. The con's are the shift swap is not easy to use, unless we are not looking further into it. Overall it is a great program. Thank you!

Mirela D.

Very simple to schedule my associates

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

Simple because it lets you pre-set times
Takes me a fraction of the time to make a whole week schedule

Response from ZoomShift

Mirela,

Thanks for the review! You summed up our mission in just a few words.

Co-Founder @ ZoomShift

Kristea C.

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 2015/09/08

This app is very user friendly and extremely helpful! I tried creating a schedule in a spreadsheet and let's just say, it took me triple the amount of time it takes in Zoomshift. Very grateful for this tool!

Rhiannon E.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2015/08/25

Such a great program, that makes scheduling a breeze

Response from ZoomShift

Rhiannon,

Thanks for the review! As always, don't hesitate to share any feedback or comments with us.

Thanks,
Ben Bartling
Co-Founder

Anslee B.

The program has served a purpose.

Reviewed on 2016/01/02

The main problem with zoomshift is the inability to choose a specific date/day in a week to change your availability as an employee. If one chooses a day to note about schedule, it changes every date in the future. This is frustrating as an employee.

Response from ZoomShift

Anslee,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It sounds like you are looking for a feature like Time Offs. I'm going to message you through the app so we can chat.

Thanks,
Co-Founder

Thea H.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Pros

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I do wish that when you achieve an employee that their shift information from the past stayed on reports. It wouldn't be the end of the world if when you were archiving them you could download their shift history, which you can, but its limited to 3 months (?). With my last employee that left, I had to spend 20 minutes trying to download his shift history just in case I need it down the road for reporting.

David S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed on 2017/01/08

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software!
Clock in from your phone? Check!
Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check!
Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK!
With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer.
And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter.
It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT.
And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake.
It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all.
These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation.
Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores.

ZoomShift has clocked in.

Pros

Easy interface, dozens of helpful tools, color coding and drag/dropping, mobile and web interface

Cons

Limited color options for positions, Billing liaison cannot be messaged directly by employees

• Industry: Entertainment

Excellent for our escape room business

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

When we went from one employee to three, I was looking for an easy and scalable tool that would continue to work for us as we grew. Zoomshift offers exactly what we needed! My favorite features are the Google Calendar integration option, the ability to set shift preferences, and the ease of time off requests. This has been a huge timesaver for me.

Cons

I haven't run into anything I dislike so far.

Kevin Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

zoomshift review

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Response from ZoomShift

Kevin,

Thanks for the review and feedback!

It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup.

-Ben

Laura K.

Perfect stop-gap solution

Reviewed on 2015/12/17

We are using ZoomShift in the Amazon Books store while we wait for our Kronos implementation to be complete. We started with the scheduling piece, which is very user-friendly/easy to understand and manipulate, and are incorporating the new time clock feature within the next couple of weeks. Our associates use the app to check their schedule and send availability and timeoffs, which they love, and the drag-and-drop scheduling is a hit with our managers. In HR, we love being able to see everything that's going on from anywhere, and the built-in reporting on hours scheduled vs. worked saves us hours of manual work.

While ZoomShift doesn't offer every single functionality that we'd like as a big company, it's been great as a stop-gap solution. ZoomShift customer service is the most responsive and helpful I've ever encountered. We're moving fast, and it's so nice to know that anytime we reach out to them we'll have an almost immediate answer and solution. Once, they even built a feature we asked for that they didn't have yet...within one day of us asking about it. I'd highly recommend ZoomShift to anyone looking for a time and attendance system for a small- to mid-sized business.

T H.

Great for Small Business

Reviewed on 2016/08/07

I really like zoom shift for my small business; it allows me to save money but also have a legit scheduling software. Its layout is very clean and it has some really good training videos and tutorials. I also like that it has 3 tiers for pricing, we are on the move 'expensive' one, but thats less than $20/month.

Pros

- Clean
- Employees love app (great for time clock)
- GPS feature is a needed addition for different locations and employees clocking in/out on phone
- Cost

Cons

- The GPS feature still hasn't given me a warning/notification about an employee away from the building at clock in/out even though I know its happened

Scott G.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Very happy with ZoomShift. Intuitive interface. Discussion feature is very useful.

Pros

Really simple to communicate with others using the group conversation feature. All it takes is a few clicks. Web-based and mobile app work very well.

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with iCal, Gmail, etc. so all my appointments are in one view. I use the free version so it is possible that this functionality exists with the paid version.

Gordon F.

Surprise new program

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

Since I missed all the training on ZoomShift, I really didn't have any problems which a simple question fixed. A straight forward program. I can't rate Value for Money as I have no idea of the cost of the program

Pros

NA

Cons

none

Sean P.

Has made my job so much easier, and faster.

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

I love the pre-set times that I customized, especially with 3 stores. The request off features makes it a lot faster, along with the availability features. I cannot wait for a mobile app for ZoomShift that is probably the only bad thing I can say, that would help for the employees. They have made it easier to load new emp. into the system, most emp. use ZoomShift to find other emp. phone numbers and e-mail addresses. I have and will continue to tell other managers and business owners about Zoomshift, and how it will simplify their lives!

Response from ZoomShift

Sean,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We love having you as a customer.

We are releasing mobile apps for iOS and Android in the next few weeks :).

Co-Founder @ ZoomShift