Podio

The flexible way to manage projects with clients

Emanuelly
Emanuelly
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Podio is great for organizing and storing information

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Podio has helped a lot in organizing the day-to-day activities of the company I work in, facilitating communication, file storage and data control.

Pros

Podio is a great tool to use for work, as it is possible to create tasks and mark the people responsible and this helps a lot in the organization and retention of information due to the fact that in these tasks it is possible to attach documents, in addition it is great to create events assisting in day-to-day meetings to have control of the people present and it is great to create a list of contacts, to store information of customers and distributors of the company.

Cons

I believe that Podio could improve the way of notifying the person who is marked in the tasks, it could be possible to create a table with all the tasks that the users have to do, in order to better organize and control the deadlines.

Danny
Danny
  • Industry: Entertainment

I love Podio and have been using it as my main CRM and business tracking service for roughly 2...

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

I use it every day to improve my business organization. It keeps tracks of my clients, important events, money, expenses, quarterly reports, and anything else. I love the customization of the apps, which allows me to create whatever I want, from CRM to tracking.

Pros

I love the option to customize all of my apps in Podio. I am a professional magician and use it to keep track of proposals for shows sent out, as well as their progresses. Moreover, I use it to keep track of expenses, invoices, and whether or not I've distributed my money to my business accounts. I also use it to keep track of clients, which makes it very easy to quickly look up information. I love that I can link apps, such as my show proposals and client apps, which makes everything flawless. Plus, the tasks option allows me to create reminders for myself without cluttering my own personal to-do list. Plus... it's free!!

Michiel

NOT recommended for any mission-critical uses due to frequent slowdowns & outages

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Pros

We like the versatility of Podio: it really enables you to build a full-feature CRM with pretty complex workflow automation (using Globiflow) without having to code.

Cons

The frequent slowdowns & outages. We use Podio every minute and find that it is slow at the best of times (for instance, loading a simple message template takes 10-15 seconds) but often suddenly slows down to the point that tasks take 3-4 times as long. Podio then disables certain functions in a way that we cannot control. And sometimes (like today) Podio stops working altogether for a few hour, killing our business activity completely. It looks like they are chronically short of server capacity: the severity of the problems has fluctuated over the years but we are now at the point where we'll probably have to migrate.

Jesus
Jesus

Simply Incredible DIY Database/CRM SaaS Software

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

It powers our entire business and allows us to create any app, workflow or logic to handle customers, vendors, etc.

Pros

You can create practically any app, workflow, form and logic imaginable for your business. The power sitting behind this software is simply incredible.

Cons

If you have outside users interfacing in your Workspaces, you cannot control the UI experience for them or brand the app towards your company. Also, if someone posts a negative comment, it will exist in your app forever because you can't delete other people's comments. Finally, if you're using private embed-protected Vimeo videos, they will not work on the Podio Mobile app.

Andrew
Andrew

Not the BEST But Very Affordable

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Real time tracking of sales and easy to calculate commissions

Real time tracking of sales and easy to calculate commissions

Pros

You can customize pretty much any field imaginable to build anything you want and need. It doesn't require you to fit everything into their box or what they say you need. Integrated with Zapier it is very powerful.

Cons

You can't search by email address (there are errors with any email that has more than 1 period which is almost a deal breaker. Reports can't be accessed in the app which is one of my primary uses. I have a workaround scripted in my phone, but I feel like you shouldn't have to be an expert to find what your sales are.

Manal
Manal
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Class Management System

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

As an online tutoring firm, we were able to monitor and track class progress, share lesson plans and interact live with all tutors through Podio.

Pros

Podio was literally the first class management tool I used during my initial terms of employment. It had all features and functionalities that was required to successfully run an online tutoring firm. It took a long time for me to get a hang of the way it functions though. We tutors all has personal accounts and were able to interact on our classes, schedules, and the progress we are making. It removed the necessity of having separate apps for different purposes.
File sharing, Resource websites, reminders on meeting and classes etc. We have real time communication and can always track the progress of each classes.

Cons

It has many features, it takes a long time to learn about it. Otherwise it is really comfortable to work with

Nicolai
Nicolai
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Daily user of podio (professionally)

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

We use this in IT for ticket registrations, inventory of all the hardware (PC, scanners, printers, ...). In Podio we also keep track of all the users in our organizations, which is then linked to their workstation( PC, screen, ...). Pretty useful to collaborate.

Pros

What I like most is the flexibility of the software. You can pretty much use this for everything (invoices, inventory, user management, etc). It's to be designed to your own desires. Also you can share with external organizations.

Cons

It's pretty expensive I heard, and there is quite a lot of slowness in podio (downtime). But mostly fixed very fast.

Matteo
Matteo

The entry level CMS

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Optimal if your company is on a budget but wants to have an easy to use and rich software with many many features. Good starting point for any business, we used it for years without problem before switching to InfusionSoft

Pros

Podio is one of the best CMS around. it is basically cost free and allows entire team to manage complex dataset of costumers infos. Podio is highly customizable if you know how to write basic JS and that is perfect for nerds.

Cons

It is hard to manage large dataset. Batch edit is not that simple. If you need a more advanced solution it is not the best option

Brandon
Brandon

Best Ive Tried So Far!

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Podio is my go to app for daily activities. Its feature rich and totally customizable. Some of the extensions are a bit pricey, for sure. But you also get what you pay for and it is definitely a solid platform. Ive used PODIO since before it was Citrix. Im a small company and I do entertain other FSM software from time to time... but I always continue to use PODIO if for nothing more than a backup. Its saved my ass a few times!

Pros

Flexibility, Functionality and Integration

Cons

Nothing so far. It has been my staple app for day to day work for several years!

Amanda
Amanda

Robust yet user-friendly project management tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

It required a lot of time for people to learn and we had a hard time driving adoption among casual users of the tool.

Pros

good integrations with Zapier for creating automated workflows and G-suite and Box to be able to attach / link supporting assets and documents

Cons

Need to have better visualizations of the work, milestones and timelines

Diego

Double-edged tool. Lots of flexibility and features, but easy to lose your direction and...

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Reliable communication with the team through the chat function. Good personal tas management and also knowledge management. Even though we stored or files in a cloud service, we 'indexed' and sorted our knowledge through Podio.

Pros

This app felt like a blank canvas. You can create a lot of workspaces, each with differentes apps that have different functionality, such as "Expenses" and "People". For each app, you can create items, that you can call whatever you like, e.g. "Payment" and "Person", respectively. Within them, you have many field options and you can customize quite a bit, even automatically creating tasks. I also appreciated that the calendar, your tasks and your contacts have their separated site. Each works automatically, adding events that you interacted with automatically to your calendar, the same with tasks that were delegated to you. In summary of the good stuff, lots of possibilites. Also, formulars where quite helpful.

Cons

As much as it has pros, there is for me and the organization where we used it, one big Con, that goes throughout the whole app: too much flexibility and little restraint/focus. The tool is a blank canvas, and I am sure you can create a good workflow for different needs. The problem is, that you (at least we did) need a single person that first, understands how it all works second, takes the time to create each app and the item-configurations (altough there is a marketplace where you can use other people's templates) and third, explain it to everybody else. The problem comes, when you realize there was an unknown feature or a simpler way of doing things. There is so much that is possible that you might end up complicating your workflow to much.

Taylor

Good process flow tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

We are getting deals and making money, and we are relying on Podio as our current database. I do believe there is a better system developed for real estate investors that would work better for us and support our follow up process more efficiently and effectively, but for a generic database or project management sytem, Podio is very functional.

Pros

I like the customizability and usefulness of this platform. The app-based system allows anyone to use in different ways depending on the different process flows. I like the task functionality and integration with other apps. We use another party to add backend automation which has been helpful for tagging and tracking leads.

Cons

The system goes down fairly often and prevents leads from flowing successfully into our database. I'm not sure if this is due to glitches in our automations or a site-wide problem. The apps may pull data from other apps, but the information is separate. As a real estate investor, I see this as a con because if a lead information is transferred from one status to another (into another app), the information is created again rather than updated in a separate location. If a change is made in one app, it isn't reflected in the other. There may be workflows that could help with this for the field data, but not for notes left of the activity.

Austin

Amazing Customizable CRM with lots of hidden power using add ons.

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Pros

I really like the fact that Podio offers a customizable CRM solution that can be configured for almost any kind of business. The free product tier is critical to test feasibility of concepts and to help determine if the software will support your needs. The GlobiFlow additional service is incredibly powerful to automate particular process flow within Podio and externally. Using GlobiFlow, you can link to outside services and trigger actions based on events in the system. Also critical to my business is the developer API, which allows me to connect my own value added software to orchestrate other business related tasks not supported by GlobiFlow.

Cons

The user interface is in need of updating. Some widgets like scroll bars are cumbersome to use with tables due to a scroll bar within scroll bar effect that makes the page and table scroll in a strange way. Also, some basic capabilities of certain form widgets are missing like default values setting.

Alyssa
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool for contract management and project management

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

Pros

We were able to extend the use far outside what we purchased it for, utilizing it for contract management and delivery, then project management for our entire marketing team

Cons

The modular functionality does keep things organized, but it does make you take a few extra steps to launch projects and contracts. It's not especially user friendly for project management, but once you're trained, it works great.

Giorgi

Worth the money you pay!

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Podio has been a huge help for the project management purposes as the platform offers highly customizable and flexible settings to adapt even the internal user interface to the requirements/characteristics of the project. What's more, the functionality and the adaption to the external apps as well as the useful add-ons give the platform more functionality that saves a lot of time and effort searching for those in another system.
For the smaller organizations, you can start with free plan/trial, however, if you want to take it seriously and benefit fully, I'd advise going for the paid versions.

Cons

There are few cons of the system. Sometimes it seems to be lagging and it's hard to determine whether it's due to the load it puts on the browser and the computer lags or the system as well as it's cloud-based.
What's more, for the new users, due to extended functionalities after some time of customization, it's hard to be easily acquired.

Abbas

I am an early adopter, and love love Podio's clean-canvas approach to app building!

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Pros

- That it is clean-canvas and you can set up basically any object, process, structure or workflow you need
- The recent calculation field javascript functions are a life-saver!
- I have been using Podio since its very early days (back when you could only add, subtract or multiple two fields at a time). It still had so much value for our process as a services company that wants to track what our consultants are billing.
- Task management settings are excellent (even if i don't use it as much as i should, adding, assigning and tracking tasks is a breeze)

Cons

- Being an app intended geeks, it feels like it would be hard to set up initially
- Has limited app permissions (for e.g. field-based permissions for different user types is needed for any level of process above basic.

Armand

Blank Slate for Project Collaboration

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Podio is awesome. For some reason it reminds me of the Campaign Builder within Infusionsoft but for process development instead of automated marketing. Podio is powerful once you figure it out.

Pros

Podio is flexible. Any Process flow you can map, can be created in Podio. I have used Podio in multiple industries. Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, just to name a few.

Cons

Podio has an outdated visual interface. Overall the application isn't as intuitive as other Project Collaboration tools that I have used.

Barbara

Podio is great place to divide your workspaces

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall, Podio is very user friendly. I'm unsure of the exact cost as the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] handles that. I like the functionality of Podio in that we can have employees submit their applications right in the platform and then build their employee files off of that application.

Pros

I like having all the different workspaces to separate our different company locations and depts. I like the ease of setting an employee up or removing an employee and the ease of inviting an employee to a workspace.

Cons

I don't like if I have an employee who is no longer at one work space and moved to another, I can't easily move their workspace location. I have to create separate workspaces in different workspaces for an employee.

Ashley
  • Used for 1-5 months

Terrible software and the most frustrating, ridiculous customer support experience I've ever...

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

It was suggested to me by a friend, but I hated just about everything about it - it was frustratingly complicated and overly difficult to use.

Cons

After purchasing a subscription, I found the software to be overly complicated, so I cancelled my account. However I continued to be billed for the next 2 months. I began contacting them about those charges, asking for a refund. While communicating with their "support", they stated they do not provide refunds, and refused to do anything. So I filed a dispute with my credit card company for the 2 charges. The CC company found in my favor and refunded both charges back to me. As soon as that happened, it must have marked the invoices as "unpaid" in Podio's system, and they began sending them to me again on a daily basis asking for payment. I resumed communication with them, asking for them to close out my account, close out the pending invoice and stop sending me emails. They responded to every ticket stating that they don't process refunds. I wasn't asking for a refund, I had already been refunded by my CC company. I was asking them to stop emailing me about the invoice that had already been decided in my favor. Finally I get an email stating my account was closed and I wouldn't get anymore emails. 5 days later, the emailed invoices resumed - this time being sent to not one, but TWO of my email addresses. The lengths they will go to, to harass a customer over a bill is asinine. It has been four months and the issue is still not resolved, and I continue to receive daily emails about my "outstanding" invoice.

Response from Cloud Software Group

Hi Ashley,

We are sorry to hear about this experience with billing and customer service. Thanks for sharing! We will do our best to improve this going forward.

Podio team / Citrix

L.C.

Customer Support and Billing Horrible!

Reviewed on 2016/09/01

Podio customer service and billing is horrible! I am so angry that I upgraded to the $24 per month plan and was charged $244.56! The invoice and payment receipt came in at the same time without giving any notice that the $24 plan that I signed up for was now up to over $200.
The customer chat said I could request a phone call to get the issue resolved, however, no one ever called. The email resolution department was NO help! All they could say was it would be corrected on the next billing cycle. I need it corrected Now! Had I wanted to spend that much per month I would have signed up for the 5 person $120 per month plan.
No phone support to assist customers and extremely disappointing customer service.

Pros

I like the program but not for $250 per month when I am the only person in my organization

Cons

NO PHONE SUPPORT! Although they tell you that you may request phone contact if you have a billing problem. There is No phone support.

Susan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Project Management Tool for Aspiring Entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

Podio is a great platform. Or it was for many years my go-to suggestion for budding entrepreneurs who were growing true businesses from the ground up. It's quite feature rich. The usual project/task management, file sharing and workflow monitoring are present, as well as Podio's unique Apps feature (use pre-built internal apps or create your own). You could truly have a entire org with all of it's departments running within the Podio ecosphere. And with their openAPI functionality, the sky's the limit.

Pricewise there is a free tier if you have 5 or fewer users, and several options for larger group use. Not cheap if you have dozens of employees, but if you are a small start-up or business the price is right.

Cons

Last I used it, my major grip with Podio was system stability, when last I used Podio (it's been about 12 months now) it was suffering from downtime/tech issues.

• Industry: Information Services

Highly flexible CRM

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

Pros

Podio is ideal for small to medium sized businesses. It's highly flexible, letting you adjust the CRM to suit your business and language. It's really easy to use, so internal adoption is easy and you can use it for managing so much more than just CRM. It's easy to create new apps and templates and you can modify these on the fly.

Cons

Any advanced features require extensions and/or the premium version to have access to GlobiFlow (which is awesome, but the costs add up for small businesses).
Support can be a little slow at times.

Matt
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Keeps our Department Running Smoothly

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Podio is the glue that keeps our team together, managing and saving hundreds of projects.

Pros

I like the vast amount of features present in Podio. We use it to manage multiple teams that may be collaborating on jobs. Uploading files, collaborating, and tracking time are all things I do all the time.

Cons

The only issue I have is that arranging some of the view options is a little bit clunky. It's hard to fault Podio too much for that though, as they present you with a very large amount of customizability options.

• Industry: Wholesale

Great - so long as you accept the quirks

Reviewed on 2015/03/03

Our company has been using Podio for a couple of years. A brief summary:

- the concept is...

Our company has been using Podio for a couple of years. A brief summary:

- the concept is brilliant in its flexibility and ease of customisation
- Podio team has their own view of the way things should be done, and if you dare to challenge their (somewhat quirky) logic, they'll politely reply "this feature is not in our plans for the moment".

Conclusion: if you're prepared to accept lack of archiving, inability to manage access rights to items, not being able to set task reminders after completion date etc., you'll love Podio; if your aim is to adapt Podio to your current business process rather than adopt THEIR vision - you may find yourself rather frustrated, so don't start.

Pros

- Flexibility
- Ease of customisation (so long as you stick to Podio's view of workflow)
- Quick support response

Cons

- Some major quirks Podio are not willing to change
- A general "stuck up" attitude by the vendor

Response from Cloud Software Group

Hi Ilya,

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback. I truly understand the challenges you've come up against, and really appreciate your frustration.

It's great that you have taken the time to share your inputs with the Podio team – this does indeed have a great impact and helps us to prioritise our future plans. We have a set vision for Podio, and with that we have to prioritise a certain baseline of features. While the requests you have made may very well be developed in the future, we cannot make any promises we cannot keep, but I can assure that we read and take into account all inputs, and are hard at work here to ensure that Podio gets better and more powerful. We will continue to work away at achieving this vision to provide you and other Podio users the best solution for your work.

Kind regards,
Julia / Team Podio

PJ
  • Industry: Food Production

Custom Database with an easy GUI

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Overall, this has been a big benefit for us, as we are multigenerational users and I need my more mature colleagues to be able to use a platform like this.

Pros

I love the ability to customize databases, workflows, and project management. We've played with the API a bit too, and are excited to try other integrations with our ERP.

Cons

The GUI is great, and the features are good, but for some reason I cannot stay signed in on some of my devices, upload of photos to items can be slow (in a variety of network conditions).