Lessonly

Powerful training software for sales & support teams.

Lessonly is a Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.

Pros

-Ability to make lessons to review best practices
-Video recording for sales pitches
-Quizzes and test over sales training
-Continued training

Cons

Needs to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!

Good for remote teams onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

We started to spend 60%! less time on remote teams onboarding, so it's got easier to adjust out business to changing technology demands.

Pros

Out onboarding plan had been a difficult to manage Excel spreadsheet for a long time.
Eventually, I was able to persuade management to use some more appropriate solution.
We compared Lessonly vs WorkRamp and lessonly was the winner because of more reach features set.
Thanks to feature that allow to track trainers activity, we were able to motivate experienced employees to create a number of training materials (most of people were able to use the app right away, without any training) and reward top performers.

Cons

Some of trainers reported they experienced formatting issues when creating complex training materials.

Daniel

Simple and efficient, but not robust

Reviewed on 2016/11/20

Lesson.ly is definitely a valuable tool if you're looking for something you can utilize quickly and easily. They do have really good support and are adding features regularly.

Having said that, the features included are very minimal. if you're looking for an immersive learning authoring tool, this probably isn't the best option.

Suggestions: Make your quizzes more responsive. Make copying/pasting slides easier. Add an undo button.

Pros

Easy to use, administer learning.

Cons

Minimal features.

• Industry: Higher Education

Lessonly Works!

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Lessonly works very well for our training systems. Our information is updated/can change a lot so being able to easily go into a lesson to update is a benefit. Lessonly also provides 'house' lesson/guides for it's administrators including tips on when to put information into video, what might work best content-wise or how much content. This is very useful for those creating lessons for the first time.

Pros

Your can add videos, images, and quizzes to the lessons on any slide. You can create lesson paths which clump certain lessons into one flow. You can track when employees begin and end lessons, and the 'grade' they get for each lesson (if you have quizzes in lessons).

Cons

Can be cumbersome to add a new administrator for auditing the lessons if there are a ton of lessons, as it seems you can only add an editor one lesson at a time.

Very Easy to Learn and Implement

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

I never had any formal training, but was able to pick this up quickly and easily - that is the sign of great, easy to use software. Customer service is quick to respond and VERY helpful as well which is lovely.

Cons

More ability to do things in bulk (bulk upload, bulk tag) would make an easy to use software even easier to use!

Easy to use, perfect learning tool for nimble companies!

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

The Lessonly team is beyond good. They are helpful, responsive, kind, and you can tell that they obviously have a fun time doing it all! I have found them to be very receptive to product recommendations, etc.

Pros

Lessonly is VERY easy for users. They rarely have to ask for help in accessing and completing their assignments. It is customizable and has great design that makes it feel like a forward thinking learning platform.

Cons

I would love more pre-loaded trainings. For a small team, it is hard to keep up with content creation.

Makes learning quick and simple

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

I love that progress is saved across lessons and completion is tracked. Wanting to have every lesson available from the company completed is almost like a game. You don't want to stop running through courses so you can keep up your 100% completion rate. Quizes at the end, interactive lessons are nice little bonuses.

Cons

The dashboard is a little weak for discovery and the search is presented in a manner that results in 1 lesson producing many search results.

Easy to Get Lessons Stood Up

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

This is very easy to use software and takes little to get set up. You have to commit to getting the right information in there, but the software does its job to make your life easy when doing so.

Cons

The customization of certain functions leaves some to still be desired.

jonnylou
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Lessonly review

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

Overall is good since all knowledge from lessonly can apply with the actual calls

Pros

You can see if you have incomplete assignments.

Cons

Sometime there is an error when i try to answer some of the lesson

Caleb
Caleb

Lessonly review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

with Lessonly, I can easily train my business team and collaborate with them on useful contents.

Pros

It is very easy to create teachable contents using Lessonly. Lessonly provides me and my team with a powerful learning system coupled with advanced coaching functionalities.

Cons

The dashboard needs to be jazzed up a little bit with more customization features for contents.

Melina

Great Solution for Online Training

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

We use Lesson.ly to help provide training to all of our employees; however, it has been most helpful to train our field staff who we do not see in the office that often. We are able to provide information to this group and ask them a few questions to attach accountability to them for knowing or being aware of policy changes, common issues in the field, and safety topics. We are also planning to offer blocks of training to new employees based on their position in the company to assist in orientation and beyond.
I would also like to comment on the customer support. I like that I can send one of my reps a quick email to describe an issue I'm having and I get a fast response. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour... usually it is just a few minutes. I appreciate that.

Pros

Flexibility to train on any topic, technical support, contact with my rep, feel like I am a partner and not one of many customers

Cons

I would like to have more capabilities like on PowerPoint to jazz up the lessons (colorful backgrounds, effects, etc.).

Diane
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

eLearning made simple

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

With Lesson.ly's intuitive platform anyone can create engaging online learning. Their built-in styles give you the most desired editing functions -- for example, callouts and having images that the learner simply clicks to enlarge. You can create content quickly and collaboratively without worrying about formatting or authoring tools.

As an instructional designer, I especially appreciate being able to deliver small chunks of material. It means that learners aren't waiting for a full course in order to get training. It makes keeping content up to date isn't a huge project. And it encourages learners to take and retake lessons when they need them.

However, having a lot of smaller lessons as opposed to fewer large courses makes working with the catalog a little challenging. I've needed to rethink how to structure and manage content. It still feels a little clunky, and I think a large catalog may prove difficult. However, Lesson.ly has also been making improvements.

And that brings me to my last point. The Lesson.ly team is fantastic. They are invested in your success, and it shows in everything they do. When you are working in the platform, they are just a click away. They listen. And they follow through.

If you're looking to build out informal or subscription types of learning, I definitely recommend trying out Lesson.ly.

Pros

Ease of use.
Great support.

Cons

Content catalog is a bit clunky. With lots of small lessons, it's hard to visualize what is in the catalog.

Olivia
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Super user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

We launched a new training program with Lessonly. Their onboarding with us was excellent - super supportive and patient with our long decision making process. Their customer support is super responsive and great to work with.

Pros

Really easy to build lessons without a lot of technical know-how. It is quick to get content in, publish, and assign out to users.
The interface is very clean and self-explanatory to use.

Cons

Some of their texts options are limited (colours, sizing).
You can't copy and paste whole sections of content from one course to another easily.

Matt

A great platform for employee learning

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

Working with the Lesson.ly team has been fantastic. They are incredibly responsive to customer needs and concerns. They have helped me through every step of the development and roll-out process. Lessons are incredibly easy to build. They are also rolling out new features frequently. I've really enjoyed developing my content and sharing it with my employees. They've also enjoyed a new format for learning - one where they're not listening to me lecture all the time! Not SCORM compatible, but that's the only major inconsistency with other LMS platforms. I recommend Lesson.ly, especially for small education departments like me!

Pros

Lessons are easy to build. They frequently add new content for free. It is reasonably priced for small organizations. The staff is incredibly responsive and helpful. It works well with a lot of content which can be embedded.

Cons

Not SCORM compliant - this is common to other LMS platforms. Also, the gradebook could use some more views - but they're working on it!

David

Amazing learning software with some of the best client support I've ever experienced.

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Working with Lessonly has been one of the best vendor partner experiences I've had. In our search for a learning platform, I was pleasantly surprised to find this (relatively) small company innovating in a market where most others are falling behind. The Lessonly platform has gotten us excited again about capturing and sharing internal company knowledge. The support and partnership we have with the Lessonly team is one of the best experiences I've ever had. They have provided great guidance on building setup and launch, building engaging lessons, and best practices around driving adoption. Lessonly rocks!

Darian

Love this product

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

As an Operations Development and Training Specialist, I'm always looking for ways to make training fun. Lesson.ly has provided that with the option to include videos and checking knowledge of the information. I would recommend this to any company who wants to better there communication on new information

Pros

Ease of use.
Variety of functions

Cons

nothing

Melisa
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy, modern E-Learning Tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Lesson.Ly is an incredibly easy and user friendly E-Learning program for both designers and learners. As an admin creating lessons and courses is a smooth process and enjoyable.

Pros

Easy of use is my favorite part.

Cons

When building lessons it a bit tedious that the "ADD NEW: Text, Question, Image, etc" bar does not scroll with the page, so you always have to go backup the page any time you need a new piece.

Heather
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Lessonly is a wonderful teaching tool!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

Lessonly has a fantastic search tool to be able to reference specific lessons by keywords.

Cons

When you share lessons with team members via email, the lessons don't always make it to the team member or they end up out of order.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A learning management tool that will never let you down.

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

We use Lessonly for our training for internal employees. Lessonly has lately been our go-to tool for all our learning needs.

Pros

The beauty of this tool is, the ease of creating the courses.
Integration with third party software like Slack and Salesforce is good.

Cons

I experienced few formatting issues initially and over a period of time I learnt how it solve it.

Toby

Great product but very expensive

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

The setup is very easy and the UI looks professional and slick.
Building new content is relatively easy to do and to assign to users.
The customer service is generally very good and the service is professional.

Cons

It is very expensive software, and although it is effective - I am not sure the price can be fully justified.
Annoying we have issues assigning some lessons to people - the software seems to have issues with certain email addresses which is unhelpful.

Kashif
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Team at Lesson.ly

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Lesson.ly has great customer service! Prompt and individualized service. Completely changed how we train our staff.

Pros

Very easy to use.

Cons

Reporting.

Helps with Training new and old reps

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a quiz and to monitor results. We use lessonly to quiz our sales floor after weekly lunch and learn trainings and it helps us keep everyone certified.

Cons

No issues at all. It does exactly what we need it to.

Jon
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Excellent platform - Ease of use, affordable price and visually engaging enough for my team

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Great tool for a small to mid size business.

Great tool for a small to mid size business.

Pros

Easy to get creating and understanding the core functionality. Seeing as it is a relatively new tool it matches the needs of our younger audience who will be using it most often.

Cons

Although it is visually engaging, I wish there was a way to use custom images for the Lessons / Courses. Occasionally a little buggy with formatting, but overall not a huge problem.

Frank
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

An Easy-To-Use Content Delivery Platform

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

We've used Lesson.ly for around 2 years and been very happy with their product. Lesson.ly makes it easy to deploy engaging self-led training to our employees and vendors.

Pros

User interface is intuitive.
Content creation is very simple.

Cons

Lack of import/export functionality

Amaan

Simplicity

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

We transitioned to Lesson.ly from another, more complicated, LMS and have been very happy with the transition.

The team are extremely helpful and always on call to troubleshoot any issues. (Despite the time difference between us, we're in the UK). The training materials provided are extensive, but unnecessary sometimes as the it's very intuitive to use and implement. The integration with OBIQ (haven't tested the latest Slack integration), has been very useful and setting it up was easy.

The Reporting function has been very useful in seeing where learners are struggling and reassessing our approach.

Overall, we're very happy with Lesson.ly!