Highfive

Laura M.
  • Industry: Media Production

A Mostly Positive Experience

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

All in all, I have had a mostly positive experience using Highfive. I myself might prefer Google Meet or Zoom, but I can't argue that it's any better or worse than any of the similar video conferencing softwares I have used.

Pros

Highfive is a highly intuitive video conferencing software. You can join an existing meeting in seconds, with or without a Highfive account, via a simple link. This is especially useful when scheduling meetings with clients outside of our company.

I specifically enjoy the Google calendar integration - you can link up Highfive with your Google email account, and when you open the Desktop app, any meetings scheduled in your Google calendar that were scheduled with a Highfive room will appear in a bottom bar. Just click the meeting in the bottom bar and you're in.

I also appreciate the "Show Everyone" feature - the ability to see everyone in a meeting, regardless of meeting size.

Cons

About once every few days, joining a Highfive work meeting fails on me, and sets my internet connection offline altogether. I have to restart my internet modem, and then I'm able to join once the connection is remade. I'm still unsure if this is due to my internet or Highfive, but I don't seem to ever have issues joining meetings using other video conferencing softwares, so something tells me it's a Highfive issue.

Diana L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

High quality and good video conferencing option

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Benefited me during this covid19 pandemic we continued working and communicating using this service.

Pros

Easy to use, very convenient during this distancing time. the video quality is good and screen sharing is possible. It is mobile phone compatible too.

Cons

It lags when one member in the meeting has poor network

Well worth the money

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Ease of use and the amazing audio and video quality

Pros

-Video and Audio quality are industry leading
-Easy to set up
-The new recording feature is fanominal. One-button recording with an instant video link emailed.

Cons

-Square orientation for anyone not using the proprietary camera set up is frustrating as we have many on our team who work together and are forced to each have a laptop open instead of using one computer for the small group.
-It's inhibitive to invite have to download an app to allow somebody to join the call. Allowing in-browser viewing would be better.
-Cost. This is an expensive service and the hardware is not cheap either. It's very high quality but will cost an arm and a leg.

• Industry: Entertainment

Highfive review

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

The benefits of Highfive, is the easy use that it provides.

Pros

We at PicsArt use Highfive every single day for our video and audio meeting calls. Highfive is very easy to use and very practical. I can either log in on my laptop or my mobile. I can get on my meeting calls at anytime, anywhere, which is great for me.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software, is that it crashes sometimes. When they internet is a bit low quality, the software laggs and disconnects instantly.

Agam A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Highfive- Connect Around The World

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Highfive is a fantastic tool for doing video conferencing all around the world and it is very easy to install and use. The best part is that you can connect it with any device you want to and all the device delivers HD video and very good audio. One can also share the screen of their device with all the people attending the meeting.

Pros

Cons

I have not found anything bad until now.

Maria G.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Web design and speed.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The strength of HighFive, is definitely the design that has the website and the speed of the video conferences, the truth is that it is a speed that seems like you were talking person to person, and something very fluid and is totally changing the way to communicate.

Cons

I think that the free trial access of this platform should be eliminated, since in several plans they specify free trials and users take advantage of this to not pay the memberships.

Blair F.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Incomparable product with amazing features

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Overall Highfive is highly recommended to others as it has greatly simplified the communication process by introducing online sessions.

Pros

Writing about its pros, I would say it is super duper easy to use. Additionally I found it to be very user friendly as it helps us in performing various tasks effectively. The thing which impressed me great about it is surely the video conference quality. Furthermore another plus point is that it helps us in sharing screen directly with others.

Cons

As far as I am concerned with this product, I am not having anything to dislike about it. Each and every feature of it is helpful and beneficial to us. I am completely contented with it.

P. andrew E.

Get Highfive for Video Conferencing

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

- Has a camera you can mount to the top of your conference room TV
- Screensharing is a must have and they do it very well
- It's easy to invite people to join your call
- Quality is fairly good a majority of the time
- Has a Mac app and Chrome extension that work well together
- Can easily share screen on a large TV in our conference room

Cons

- Sometimes quality can be lacking from a client's computer
- You have to have either the Mac app or Chrome extension installed in order for the program to work, so clients have to go through the process of downloading that, installing it, etc, just to start the meeting.
- There isn't a "call in" number like there is in GoToMeeting, which makes it difficult for people who don't have a mic on their computer to call in.

Jorge U.

Nothing but great things!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

My company has been using Highfive for about a few months now and we are so pleased with the quality and ease of use. The interface is simple and effective and it makes presenting and video conference a blast! I've had tech support for some questions and the team goes above and beyond to the point of being in a video call with you to talk to you face to face and resolve any issues you might be experiencing. Keep up the good work and I wish you the best in the future!

Pros

The simplicity of the interface and yet the power of the hardware.

Cons

Nothing.

Justin D.

Great Solution for Group Meetings

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

If you have regular meetings with groups of 5 or more, Highfive might be worth the investment for you. If not, an easier, cheaper solution should be readily available.

Pros

Highfive is a great tool to make remote group meetings more efficient and less of a pain. I don't know of any other solution like it that makes two meeting rooms in different cities feel more like one big meeting room. It's not too difficult to join a meeting, once you learn the basics of it. It's got a lot of flexible features for screen sharing, muting, etc.

Cons

The initial setup for Highfive can feel tedious, and it can feel complicated when using it for the first time. It usually works well, but can crash inexplicably on occasion.

Tadeo G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

People here are very friendly and professional

Reviewed on 2019/11/09

Pros

Easy to find the Food and restaurant I need

Cons

Most of the time I can’t use Chinese to find a restaurant

Binita P.

Overall, it's been pretty easy to use, but have dealt with some hiccups.

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

Being able to have a conference call with a room full of people and being able to see everyone completely as if you were in the room.

Cons

It often freezes and the mic and video don't work. I always have to restart my computer to be able to open the application back up.

This video conferencing tool provides the best experience to clients

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

online product demos and client meetings would often be unsatisfactory due to the quality of connection and issue with clients being unable to add extensions to join calls. HighFive solved that for us.

Pros

Highfive video call is super easy to use and a few clients commended us on how easy it was for them to join the meeting. We even had one of the HighFive video conferencing machines set up in our office. The video clarity and audio was great.

Cons

Not many complaints but I did hear that it is an expensive system

Gil S.

Finally, we found a solution for our web conferences!

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

It just works, which is something that you'd expect from any conferencing product but it's not usually the case. Usually, you just waste the first few minutes of the meeting to fight technical issues. With Highfive it never happens. It just works as you expect it to work.

Pros

Amazing quality of sound and video

• Industry: Translation & Localization

Constant webcam contact wasn't that helpful for us

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

The product didn't really contribute much for us, and it was kind of expensive for a product that didn't really pan out.

Pros

It was a very temporarily cool feature that quickly became stale for us. We were able to view our other office on a screen, which was nice for quick questions.

Cons

It was better in theory than in practice for us to have our other office constantly visible and accessible. We constantly had to mute each other, which defeats the purpose of having the other office connected. We usually ended up muting and then calling each other like we normally would. It was comical to see someone at their desk, call them, see them look at their phone and ID the caller, and then not pick up your call.

Michelle P.
  • Industry: Sports

Clean, Effortless, and Crisp

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

Highfive was purchased for our office as we have conference calls quite regularly but were lacking a software that offered consistent, clean video and ease of calling. Skype just wasn't quite cutting it. There was a small learning curve, as Highfive is it's own software, but now that we use it, we love it! The streaming is very clear, the app integrates with our Slack, and customer service has been absolutely top notch! I firmly believe that customer service can be a huge factor in making or breaking a company, so it is a huge asset and very encouraging that they have hands on, awesome reps.

Pros

I really like how clean and pretty the interface is. It makes it enjoyable and easy to use.

Cons

Having been a FaceTime and Skype user for a long time, there was a little learning curve with how to use Highfive. But after playing with it a little and getting a short tutorial, it seems very straightforward.

Sherry G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

" best for online sessions"

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

I use this software to communicate to my clients and provide tutorial on project's working. this software is best for the purpose with its camera and audio support. quality of service beat other softwares in market.

Cons

1. expensive, (Price should be made affordable)
2. requires high internet speed, becomes sluggish in slow internet connectivity.

Brian F.

A definite MUST HAVE in the Tech industry! This has bridged our multiple locations together.

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

The transition has been super easy. It's almost plug and play (so speaking). Very intuitive and cross device has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

The ability to go from Iphone to TV in conference room is great! There should never be an excuse why you're not available for a conf call.

Cons

The feed does tend to be a little picky and goes in and out (but that could be our network at work). Other than those small issues, I really love the software

• Used Other for Free Trial

HighFive Video Solution

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Trial of systems allowed us to fully see how beneficial HighFive system was. The ease/features were on spot, however cost was major flaw.

Pros

Highfive video conferencing provides an incredible software/hardware solution for users to video conference with almost anyone. Having multiple allowed platforms and incredible hardware definitely has the wow!

Cons

Overall video quality at the time was a bit under our expectations, but still overall excellent quality. Licensing cost held org back from ultimately purchasing due to extreme cost yearly.

La toya F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Kinks in the system

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

The product doesn't really work the way its described. The ease of use was taken away with the new registration process with multiple users

Pros

When the system works, it's an awesome tool. I enjoy being able to see and hear my staff who are located off-site.

Cons

1. Sign in process when you have multiple users on a shared device
2. The continued updates that are being made but are not rolled out and offered at no charge to customer with existing systems, who have experienced issues that your update now fixes.
3. Audio - the ability to share you screen and audio with a video - the microphone default setting of only picking up speech and not audio when sharing your screen. ( I have to use Go To Meeting for shared videos)

Lee P.

Great solution for remote teams

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

We tried every product we could find: Google Hangouts, FaceTime, Skype, etc. None work as well as HighFive.

Pros

Great hardware
Integration with TVs

Cons

Limited number of chat participants

Rachel B.

Great way to keep our offices connected

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

Great software! A little complex on the initial set up, but once you download and learn how to use it, it's awesome! I like how you can schedule a meeting straight from Google calendar, so you aren't having to use several different platforms for meeting set ups. I definitely think it's increased productivity by decreasing time spent setting up meetings and inviting people to share screens. Compared to other conferencing services, the reception isn't too shabby.

Pros

Simple concept, nicely executed, feels fresh and modern

Cons

Sometimes receptivity and sound are poor, but that could be an internet connectivity issue. After every call, you have the chance to rate whether it was good or bad, so it looks like Highfive cares about improving the software.

Angie N.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great potential

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

It's easy to use and with a good internet connection, the meetings are going smoothly.

Pros

It's easy to use, simple and easy to create meetings, sharing the screen with other peers.

Cons

sometimes is difficult to add or remove a person form the meeting

Gregg H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great video conference tool for internal and external connectivity.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

It's great connecting with remote employees to collaborate and even building rapport.

Pros

Very good user interface, well designed and fairly easy to setup (usually). Excellent video and audio quality, both are clear and crisp. Can be used on a desktop PC/Mac or conference room system. High quality equipment is provided by High Five.

Cons

Occasionally it is difficult to connect to a call and 2 or 3 attempts are needed, but the effort is worth it.

Spencer B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

What is High Five to Me?

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

I use this system at work for conference calls and meetings. Sadly at times buffering and echo become a real problem. I'm not sure if it's all the office wifi, but I suspect High Five could have something to do with it as well.

Pros

Easy to open, easy to connect to the TV.

Cons

Streaming any mutli-media content buffers and results in issues.

Response from Highfive Technologies

Thank you for your feedback, Spencer! Honestly, your internet connection at the office likely fluctuates a bit causing the intermitten issues you mentioned. However, we're not going to put the blame on you. Instead, over the next couple months, you should notice Highfive is able to work more consistently in poorer internet connections. This is thanks to a number of updates we're rolling out soon. In the meantime, our support team is happy to work with you to diagnose any issues you're having and solve them. Please feel free to reach out to them by clicking "Get Help" in the bottom right corner of the app if you experience issues in the future.