Highfive Reviews

Highfive

Business Collaboration Simplified

4.4/5 (172 reviews)
Dustin S.

FANTASTIC core product, but beware the usability is alpha grade

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

My company is Skype heavy, including the now-unusable Skype hardware cameras (support for those has been discontinued to the point where they're literally bricks). There are lots of computer-to-computer video solutions so our core need was a solution to do video conferencing between large televisions in remote conference rooms. The need for high quality video and audio that works through a TV, preferably without a host computer, trumps everything else. HighFive does that with style, but note my Pros and Cons as they really matter.

Pros

1) Extremely low latency on video and audio. This is absolutely critical for meaningful communication. HF blows Skype out of the water, for example.
2) The Dolby audio device that comes with the Pro package is easily the best audio speaker I've ever used. This is literally the hardware that sealed the deal for us (see Cons, too).
3) Customer support is solid. Nice people, good response times, good answers to my very detailed questions.

Cons

1) UI is ridiculous and very buggy. This is alpha grade at best and very far from "it just works."
2) No way to start a room-to-room conference without a computer or phone at each end running a native app (no hardware remote/control). In theory there's a web interface coming soon, though.
3) Built-in audio from the HF camera device is awful. I would not buy anything but the Pro system for that reason alone.
4) No way to start a meeting "cold" where people join directly to a TV. One must first have a few awkward seconds of self-facing-camera then choose "move this meeting to my TV+HF camera."
5) We frequently have weird audio feedback issues on some computers. There are plenty of reasons why this might be happening but they *should* all be moot: get a web UI that can start a a meeting directly from the dedicated hardware (#4) and this would likely go away.
6) No conference controls for things like locking meetings (PIN codes), strict host controls (e.g. forcibly mute all other parties), and choice of screen sharing details (e.g. share just 1 window, not your whole screen).

Magali S.

Distance is not a problem for Highfive

Reviewed on 2019/03/06
Review Source

Do you have remote offices or employees who work remotely? Are you planning to have a conference with them? Then I recommend you to use the services of Highfive. It is comfortable to use because you connect the camera to a TV the screen of which is large enough to see it.

Pros

What Highfive differs from other software is that it is supported by a camera and speakers. They are easy to set up and don’t require any professional skills. Usually, they are connected to a TV and produce high-quality picture and sound. You don’t need any app to use Highfive on your computer. The only thing you need is the extension for Chrome. Please note that for using on mobile devices you need to download the application. If you run a company which offices are spread in many cities, countries or even continents and you need to hold a conference with your employees, then Highfive knows how to solve your distance problems. This video conferencing tool will bring all the employees together and save your travelling expenses and time.

Cons

As I have already mentioned, the camera and speakers produce quality picture and sound, so it is logical that you require fast internet. It can be irritating if one of the conference participants has slow internet.
Unfortunately, I think that the monthly price of Highfive is way too high. The quality is good but the product could be cheaper.
Though I mentioned that the equipment is easy to set up, there still can be people who have troubles.

Dillon G.

IT CROWD - "High Five"

Reviewed on 2018/06/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Highfivehelps us to connect with a lot of our remote colleagues and provides face to face interaction and screen sharing capability. Our department is split across to offices one on each coast, and it's easy to start feeling disconnected/independent from each other. High five is used to help bridge that gap giving us the ability to easily have a joint team meeting between the two offices in our respective conference rooms. Its use of screen sharing helps us in being able to provide an easy way to quickly walk through powerpoint presentations or even show the team how to accomplish a particular workflow.

Pros

Highfive is great for connecting with remote colleagues and providing face to face interaction and screen sharing capability. Perfect for companies with multiple offices, or employees out in the field. It's useful even if you don't have remote reps. High Five's screen sharing capabilities provide an easy way to quickly walk through powerpoint presentations or even show the team how to accomplish a particular workflow. Lastly, High five is great for Rick-Rolling your co-workers in other rooms when they least expect it.

Cons

1. Getting Rick-Rolled by your co-workers...
2. High five can at times lag, or run slowly if you or one of the participants in the meeting has slow internet.

Kevin L.

Quality video conferencing made easy.

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

Overall experience has been great. Calls have had amazing audio quality and good video quality. Meetings are easy to setup and start in a rush. Outlook plugin has been handy to easily add conference information to the meeting request. Some technical issues with the desktop HighFive application have detracted from the overall experience.

Pros

Great sound quality. Have not experienced anything better for conference calls.
Super easy to start call (used Desktop and Android app) and move to nearby TV / speaker system.

Cons

Issues with "infinite" update loop. On 2 separate occasions, after working fine earlier in the day, the HighFive software could not locate the MSVCP120.dll. As a result, I end up in an infinite update loop. I did not install / update / remove any other software on my machine in between HighFive working and not working. Using the script supplied by HighFive, doing an uninstall / reinstall (plus removing HighFive appdata folder) did not fix the issue. Both times, the app just started working again later in the day. As a result, I am always starting HighFive well in advance of a meeting, as I am never sure if it is going to work.

Narek H.

Big need covered poorly

Reviewed on 2018/12/24

It feels like I overpay a service that I use as I don't find a more convenient replacement. I think if there was a better competitor on market I would opt out from Highfive

Pros

Idea of having static fixed camera in meeting rooms that can connect to your laptop and create shared conference experience is great. I love the move meeting to TV feature as you can turn off laptop if needed and meeting will stay on air. Share screen option with share window option is great in terms of privacy. Also integration with Slack makes it easy to invite new people fast

Cons

Cold start takes too long. Is highly dependent on high speed internet and glitches when having slight network issues. Screen sharing mostly is pixelated and low FPS. Meetings get interrupted with no reason.

1.0/10
Travis B.

Great for working remotely

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Great for any team that works remotely!

Pros

We have staff that works remotely, and with Highfive it's like there are in the office. The video quality is fantastic, audio is great. At times it's like the monitor is just a window they sit behind. This makes the remote team truly a part of our staff.

Cons

We've tried to utilize this for remote meetings, and as a 1-time meeting solution it's not the easiest. There are things to download, hoops to jump through, etc. However, as a remote-work situation or when you will be utilizing it regularly it's well worth the investment!

Well worth the money

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Ease of use and the amazing audio and video quality

Pros

-Video and Audio quality are industry leading
-Easy to set up
-The new recording feature is fanominal. One-button recording with an instant video link emailed.

Cons

-Square orientation for anyone not using the proprietary camera set up is frustrating as we have many on our team who work together and are forced to each have a laptop open instead of using one computer for the small group.
-It's inhibitive to invite have to download an app to allow somebody to join the call. Allowing in-browser viewing would be better.
-Cost. This is an expensive service and the hardware is not cheap either. It's very high quality but will cost an arm and a leg.

7.0/10

Literally the best video conference experience if you are literally made of money

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Love it and love working with them. We use it to maintain constant communication connections to our offices around the world.

Pros

SO EASY. They have refined the UI over years and years of hard work and everything just WORKS. It's such a good experience. And its pretty, and your brand looks good on it. The audio quality is astounding and there is minimal lag even on spotty connections. Plus screen sharing.

Cons

SO EXPENSIVE. Gobs of money. Zoom doesn't do half as good a job, but its almost a 10th the cost.

Nice conferencing tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/12

Pros

We use Highfive for our regular calls with our colleagues in different offices/countries. It's simple and easy to use, and the mobile app also works well. I like that you can schedule a meeting through Highfive and link it to Google calendar so that the meeting link and all the details show on other members' calendars. Built-in chat is useful in cases you can't hear each other and don't have to jump into another app to ping the call participants.

Cons

I have often experienced issues with sound and screen share. Lately, I haven't been able to share my screen no matter what I do, and no matter if I'm on the desktop app or calling from browser. Even after multiple reinstalls this problem persists and has caused some delays in workflow and discussions.

Frank G.

My Highfive experience

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

I was introduced to HighFive during my transition into a new company. I had spent countless hours in previous businesses fussing with dongles, cords in walls and other nonsense to effectively display and conference. Within five minutes of being introduced to HighFive., I was able to operate effectively and was impressed with its functionality. I would certainly bring this piece of technology with me wherever my career takes me next.

Pros

How quickly it can be installed and in use, and how friendly the interface is to use.

Cons

Right now the only drawback is some glitching with the launch window, and requiring the user to click leave call instead of closing out the window.

Response from Highfive Technologies

So happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience with Highfive! Thank you for your feedback regarding the end of call experience. I'll make sure to share that with our engineering team.

Agam A.

Highfive- Connect Around The World

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Highfive is a fantastic tool for doing video conferencing all around the world and it is very easy to install and use. The best part is that you can connect it with any device you want to and all the device delivers HD video and very good audio. One can also share the screen of their device with all the people attending the meeting.

Pros

Cons

I have not found anything bad until now.

Doug C.

Connecting classrooms

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

The highfive experience for us has been great. We utilize the systems,(we currently now have 3), for expanding our distance learning programs throughout 3 counties. The video is clear with little to no latency and the Dolby audio is a must-have addition!

Pros

Zero latency, Dolby audio system, cost, equipment size

Cons

We have to repair the Dolby audio unit every time it isdiconnecterfrom power source to reuse it.
Need to have ability to record through unit (highfive) a session . Rather than third party unit.

Response from Highfive Technologies

Glad to hear you're having a good experience with Highfive, especially our audio quality thanks to our partnership with Dolby Voice. In terms of recording, I'm happy to say our team is currently working on to extend our feature set to include it.

Nice software for conferencing

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

Pros

I have been using Highfive for half a year for my conference calls, and it's been quite helpful. The interface is minimalistic and simple, which makes the software really easy to use. The quality of sound and video largely depends on the internet connection, but overall it's been quite satisfactory. I use the scheduling feature quite a lot and it's very handy - you can schedule meetings in high-five, sync those in Google Calendar and invite guests. Sharing screen option is also very useful. I also like how it shows the upcoming meetings at the bottom, in case you forget anything.

Cons

I haven't had any serious issues with this software.

7.0/10

In the room on the road!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Highfive is a video conferencing tool that is stacked with features and does it better than any of the other conferencing tools I've used. High quality audio, easy to use, and many features make it easy to feel like you're in the office when you're home or traveling. The program allows for screen sharing which is crucial given how often we're sharing or presenting information. It also allows for recording and saving conferences allowing for you to review meetings in case you have to miss a session. Strongly recommend!

Pros

Highfive does seamless high end video conferencing with ease. Screen sharing is simple to use and responsive eliminating most lag that typically presents in a screen sharing environment.

Cons

There isn't anything I can complain about regarding Highfive

A Good Conferencing Solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall it has been a great conferencing tool for working with our remote staff.

Pros

All hardware is provided as part of the service making setup and configuration easier.

Cons

Licensing fees are changing which may make it more cost prohibitive. It is not as widely recognized as other conferencing products so corporate firewall blocking can be an issue.

Lawrence C.

Outstanding tool that has diminished the distances

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Overall I would say Highfive is surely the best choice for setting business meetings.

Pros

I have been using this tool for many years and I would say Highfive is no doubt the best ever conferencing tool. I like its simplicity and ease of use. Another biggest advantage is that its mobile app also works amazingly. It also let us share screen with others in reliable ways. It can be perfectly used for making video conferencing all around the globe. So that, multiple teams can conveniently communicate with each other. Furthermore I love its amazing ability of recording meetings that can be forwarded to others.

Cons

I never face any issue while using Highfive. I am totally having satisfactory experience with it. It fulfills all my expectations. The only limitation is that internet connection should be strong enough then it will work without any interruption.

Emilee C.

Perfect fit for a home office with multiple remote employees

Reviewed on 2017/06/07
Review Source

Pros

We are using the professional package with Dolby speakers and camera mount for our home office. There are a number of things I love about Highfive, but the top is call quality. The picture and the sound is really impeccable. Being a remote employee, my days used to be filled with muffled conference lines and disconnect with the home office.

I also love the integrations offered. I have the Highfive extension on Google Chrome, integration with my Google Calendar, and integration with our Slack. All of which have been extremely easy to use. I also have found the mobile app to have great call clarity and functionality.

Support in app was very responsive and helpful. All around great experience.

Cons

There are a few more features I'd like to see added (like seamless transition from a meeting on my laptop to my phone without having to leave and rejoin the meeting). But that is really just nit picking. The tool does everything we need and more.

Maria G.

Web design and speed.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The strength of HighFive, is definitely the design that has the website and the speed of the video conferences, the truth is that it is a speed that seems like you were talking person to person, and something very fluid and is totally changing the way to communicate.

Cons

I think that the free trial access of this platform should be eliminated, since in several plans they specify free trials and users take advantage of this to not pay the memberships.

Heath C.

Working remote, HighFive is a lifesaver.

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

It is important to be part of a team no matter where you work and Highfive makes that possible by providing a great conference room experience from afar as well as a wide range of accessibility with their different platform support.

Pros

Reliable, great conference room system, great remote / desktop experience.

Cons

My colleagues can't get 4k 5k screens to share properly :-)

It's great ... when it works.

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

It makes it possible for our two offices in two different cities to collaborate and run meetings.

Cons

It often drops calls. It seems like video teleconferencing software is hard to get right, so it's not necessarily worse than other products I've used in this area, but it is frustrating.

6.0/10
Blair F.

Incomparable product with amazing features

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Overall Highfive is highly recommended to others as it has greatly simplified the communication process by introducing online sessions.

Pros

Writing about its pros, I would say it is super duper easy to use. Additionally I found it to be very user friendly as it helps us in performing various tasks effectively. The thing which impressed me great about it is surely the video conference quality. Furthermore another plus point is that it helps us in sharing screen directly with others.

Cons

As far as I am concerned with this product, I am not having anything to dislike about it. Each and every feature of it is helpful and beneficial to us. I am completely contented with it.

P. andrew E.

Get Highfive for Video Conferencing

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/15
Review Source

Pros

- Has a camera you can mount to the top of your conference room TV
- Screensharing is a must have and they do it very well
- It's easy to invite people to join your call
- Quality is fairly good a majority of the time
- Has a Mac app and Chrome extension that work well together
- Can easily share screen on a large TV in our conference room

Cons

- Sometimes quality can be lacking from a client's computer
- You have to have either the Mac app or Chrome extension installed in order for the program to work, so clients have to go through the process of downloading that, installing it, etc, just to start the meeting.
- There isn't a "call in" number like there is in GoToMeeting, which makes it difficult for people who don't have a mic on their computer to call in.

Jorge U.

Nothing but great things!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

My company has been using Highfive for about a few months now and we are so pleased with the quality and ease of use. The interface is simple and effective and it makes presenting and video conference a blast! I've had tech support for some questions and the team goes above and beyond to the point of being in a video call with you to talk to you face to face and resolve any issues you might be experiencing. Keep up the good work and I wish you the best in the future!

Pros

The simplicity of the interface and yet the power of the hardware.

Cons

Nothing.

Julia S.

Highly recommended to stay connected with your team!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Mostly positive experiences, highly recommended to stay connected with your team. I work on a team across several states, and we are highly dependent on High Five for our daily meetings. I also love that you can obtain a link in advance for planned meetings. Sometimes have difficulty with sound and have to reconnect. Not sure if this is related to High Five or our office internet. The user interface is friendly and easy to use. Can't speak for Customer Support or Value for Money really since I haven't used CS and have no idea what the cost is.

Lisa B.

Teamwork Every Day

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

Most of the time, it works great. There are times when there is a poor connection. Those times make it difficult to use when having team meetings with people from different offices. It is nice to be able to see people but also mute and disable the camera. Sometimes if you don't mute when others are talking, there is terrible background noise.

Ability to disable camera

Cons

When it has poor connections or there is background noise if you don't mute yourself