Outreach Reviews

Outreach

Sales Engagement Platform

4.4/5 (115 reviews)

Very powerful software. Great integrations with SFDC and Gmail as well that make it super easy .

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Outreach makes it so easy to meet that crucial nexus point in sales of volume + quality of messaging. Being able to have measured feedback on how well your emails are received means you can keep tweaking until you get open and response rates as high as possible. It makes me faster as a sales rep and more data driven as a team.

Pros

Outreach can do a TON. Being able to import a list of leads and have relevant info show such as title, last contact, etc.. is an amazing time saver when trying to make sure you're list (csv, sfdc report, etc..) is 'clean' and good to go.

Being able to call directly through the platform is a huge time saver as well. All of the reporting around your sequences is a huge win. I will go through all of my sequences once every week or so to see what's doing well, what isn't, and tweak to optimize performance. There is a huge amount of data you can use to compare yourself to others, measure the efficacy of your outreach, and collaborate on best practices with team members. Over all Outreach is a huge win and is very well integrated with every one we use from a customer facing team perspective (gmail, sfdc, Linkedin)

Cons

Outreach feels like they are probably an engineering first design second kind of company. I say that because their software can do SO MUCH, but it's not always intuitive how to do specific things. It has taken me awhile to get fully up to speed on some of the tips and tricks that really make outreach awesome.

This is barely a con, more so just a training or user experience comment. Outreach can do so much it'd be tough for them to make every little feature super easy to find and obvious.

Perhaps some more specific live onboarding/training would be helpful as well.

Scott E.

The best outbound sales platform, period.

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

This software is responsible for revolutionizing our outbound sales process, and it will continue to be the best tool for us for years to come. I've evaluated other options but always came back to Outreach because it's the full package.

Outbound sales is extremely scalable with this platform, and running a sales org on it is amazingly easy to manage.

Pros

I love that this software is so heavily focused on outbound sales. This isn't marketing software that you can adapt to sales, this is software created and built for sales organizations. That fact is very obvious in the way they implement their features.

Outreach always leads the way in terms of feature innovation, and they continue to offer the best outbound email settings to truly automate your process. You can drop 1000 prospects into a sequence, throttle it to send 100 per day, set it to resume OOO replies after a few days, and set it and forget it. Just set up a schedule, make sure you exclude national holidays, and you don't have to touch it ever again.

Something they also do better than anyone is their task management. I frequently have a task as a step in a sequence (I.e. Connect with the person on LinkedIn), and when a prospect hits that stage it creates a task in the system. This happens hundreds of prospects at a time, but when you start your tasks it takes you into this workflow that lets you call/email/take notes on the action and just click next to take you to the next one. Really lets you get in the flow, and is an amazing tool for inserting a manual task into a sequence that you can still get through quickly.

Some examples of awesome features include:

1) Auto resume OOO
2) Fallback text in the templates
3) Automatically skip holidays
4) Phone call integration so you don't have to leave the app

Cons

I don't know that there are any cons. The only one that I can imagine is that when you start fresh on the system, the interface can be a little bit daunting. There are actually a lot of settings, and if you don't understand the hierarchy or what you use for what, it can get very complicated.

Thankfully they have good customer support and a LOT of good documentation, so it's not that bad if you spend some time learning it.

'rowdie' mitch G.

Terrible customer service. Great product.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

I really enjoyed the software, what a great product. My first salesman was amazing, but as they scaled, we became a small account to them and really got treated like it. Stay away if you are looking for a great vendor experience, but if you are looking for a great product with great automation tools and email sequences... Outreach was the best we could find.

Pros

Wow, its an amazing product. I really enjoyed using it and it did win me alot of business. Alot of automated tasks which was amazing. Also their email management and manager permissions was incredible. Overall really simplified my teams day.

Cons

If you are a small company... expect to be treated terribly. We got random bills, and NO response from billing or their cusotmer support. You would get the runaround all day long. Seriously terrible experience even caused one of my employees to lose morale which isn't ultimately all Outreachs fault, I will take some accountability... but she wasn't getting her job done and couldln't get replies from Outreach. She was the manager supposed to control how many seats we had and manage costs... With an unresponsive team and random invoices with no explaination it became discouraging.

I would highly recommend using the product if their sales team was ethical and their support would RESPOND. We got way overbilled and cancelling the account was even a hassle.

2.0/10

Great "outreach" software that makes calling and emailing a breeze

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Overall Outreach is a great sales tool that any organization with sales folks should consider. The ability to blast through dozens of calls in a couple minutes is really handy. Also the reporting/tracking of the successful emails makes it easy to see what's working and what's not.

Pros

+ Lots of sales insight available (what sequences/emails are more effective than others)
+ 360 view is a great dashboard for any sales user where you can see your upcoming tasks (emails, calls, etc.) and process through them
+ Love the ability to be able to submit a quick question to the support team from the UI
+ You can tag prospects, calls, etc. which makes finding them a lot easier
+ The support team is very responsive to fixing issues and helping with training gaps

Cons

- Notes on the account/company level don't work well (you enter notes on Mike Smith at Microsoft and those notes don't consistently show up for others at that same company)
- There definitely are bugs that make some of the processes annoying
- The interface is very busy. Would be nice to be able to customize what I see/don't see (perhaps this is allowed at the admin level)
- Outreach needs to differentiate between Email Opt Out and Phone Opt out. Currently, if a prospect opts out of emails, we can still legally call him but Outreach wont let us sequence them because there is only one Opt Out within outreach. Hopefully this is fixed so we can still call folks who opted out of emails, but are open to calls.

6.0/10

Good product, terrible, cocky sales team

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Good product, adequate support, terrible sales team/experience. Brought this vendor on to one company I worked with, didn't bring it on to a future company because got tired/frustrated dealing with their sales team.

Pros

This product is pretty good, I've used Outreach, SalesLoft and Fileboard. Fileboard has the best sales team, they not only are helpful with understanding their product, but they also help with sharing their sales strategy using their product. SalesLoft and Outreach are the same in funcitonality, and SalesLoft has a good sales team. The issue I have with Outreach is their sales team is too arrogant, they have a good product, but I think teach them internally to be cocky, and it got so bad I just didn't want to use their product anymore and felt compelled to write this review.

Cons

The software is a bit glitchy sometimes, if it goes out you're just not using it that day. The sales team is very arrogant, not helpful. Companies with arrogant sales teams tend to have that culture bleed off into other areas, which make them very difficult vendors to work with .

1.0/10

A definitely recommended have software for any company with outbound sales

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

It is a very essential sales engagement software. The interface is very intuitive so it takes new reps typically less than an hour to get up and running. However to make the most efficient use of the software, training along with well defined goals is an absolute must. Depending upon how well you use this software you can definitely see the payouts coming through. The customer support team is phenomenal.
So this is your software if you are looking for just a sales engagement tool and you have reps who are willing to make the most out of it. Every companies' use case is different , but there is no harm is giving this a try.
Cannot replace sfdc, but goes very well with SFDC.

Pros

The interface is crisp and clean and very welcoming.
Making calls in this platform is a breeze, and a very enjoyable experience.
Very easy to send emails and log calls.
Wonderful and knowledgeable CS team.
Very well designed software which presents calls, opportunities, engagements and so on in one neat UI.

Cons

When the software first loads up, it might appear that there is a lag or hang up but that is just the design we have come to realize.
Too many options are available in terms of what can be done or used, so new users can often get lost in this software engineering beauty!
There is still scope for more automation.
Under the calls tab, there is no way to search for a call via phone number.
Very hard to differentiate between Salesloft and outreach. Both have strikingly similar designs.

We couldn't hit our sales goals without it!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

The software itself is incredible, and functionally has everything imaginable, but I've been most impressed with the support. As an administrator that knew very little about the software when we implemented Outreach, the support team has been phenomenal. I've never worked with a more helpful, prompt team in my life. 10/10 to the Outreach Support team!

Cons

We've caused ourselves some pain by using some very unique objects and fields in our Salesforce CRM instance, which has caused some problems on the integration front. Basically, we haven't been able to take advantage of some Outreach functionality because the integration is built on the assumption of us using standard Salesforce objects and fields. Ultimately, the support team has helped us with some workarounds, but it's been a bit of a self-induced headache.

Task Management Tool for SDRs

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Overall, solid tool that allows you to reach your sales and marketing goals. It is a great tool for Sales Development teams that keeps them on top of their tasks all in one platform.

Pros

Outreach is a great tool for organizing sales and marketing tasks. With its ability to send out mass or personalized emails, make phone calls, and organize daily tasks, this platform can accomplish a lot. The 360-degree view of your tasks makes it easy to stay on top of your goals.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to configure or personalize the 360 view page. While it provides a lot of good insight into my tasks and updates, it would be nice to filter out some of the less prioritized panels.

Matt J.

Super easy to use, very powerful!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

I save loads of time using Outreach. That time is very valuable as well. Well done, Outreach.

Pros

This system has saved me thousands of hours of emailing and contacting clients. It has also helped me organize the way I speak to my clients. The best feature of the platform is the ability to setup email sequences and fully customize the way they are sent out. It also integrates directly to Salesforce, so it pulls the lead info automatically!

Cons

At times, Outreach struggles to sync with my email or Salesforce. Other than syncing, there really isn't much to complain about with Outreach.

Josh R.

Excellent Email Tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

I love how simple it is to create and edit the sequences. As a sales person who sends a lot of outbound emails, it's very important to have a tool that makes it as simple as possible to create new sequences and Outreach is the best there is.

Cons

Sometimes when you go to put a lead in another sequence, it won't allow you to do so for several hours if they have already been put in a sequence. I wish that you didn't have to wait as long between the two. For example, right when a new lead comes in, we have an automated email that is kicked out to them. After that email is sent, I have to wait several hours before putting them in another sequence to get them scheduled. There needs to be shorter wait time between the two.

Michael K.

Amazing software that immediately generates return on investment

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Their customer success and new customer install team is AMAZINGLY good. It's a complex solution, but that is also its power. Any question I asked was answered immediately by whatever level of support was required.

Pros

Ability to setup complex user journey sequences for multiple personas, it's ease of setup and use, and that our inside sales team says they CANNOT work without this solution. We increased our rate of meetings set immediately and already have generated enough revenue to pay for the system many times over. It is not the cheapest solution out there, but you get what you pay for.

Cons

The reporting could be more robust, but we pipe all the data in SFDC and use the reporting tools there.

Emily M.

Excellent sales engagement platform, would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Outreach has an incredible product and excellent customer success team. We have been working with Outreach for the last 2 years, and will likely continue for many more. Almost our entire company uses Outreach on a daily basis, and it's UX is excellent. Their product team is consistently working to expand features that customers want.

Cons

In order to keep things simple, Outreach has limited flexibility with reporting. To get the data we need, we export all our data into another analytics platform. That said, we use Outreach on such a large scale that this likely wouldn't be a problem for most sales teams.

Josh R.

Excellent Email Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

I love how simple Outreach makes it to create sequences. As an outbound Account Executive, having nice sequences that are easily editable and findable makes the world of difference.

Cons

Every so often the Outreach plug in won't work and will not put the lead in the sequence. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is a pain to have to go through and add them to the sequence another time after you already thought you did it.

Lisa T.

Does what it should and relatively easy to set up with a little support

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Support and experience has been good (although a little challenging at first). Definitely worth putting the time in to get set up properly!

Pros

It took a while to get this properly set-up so it was working for us and not the other way around. Coming from Salesloft, we were able to set things up in a very similar away. We were able to map the key fields to Salesforce and the automation and rules are flexible enough for it to work well for our team of 10 SDR's.

Cons

Although many fields map to Salesforce, things like "snooze date" and calendar appointment dates don't map over. Although it's not a deal breaker, it means that the SDR team (as well as the SDR manager) have to go back and forth between systems to manage and report on these pieces.

Jüri K.

Using Outreach is like being a manager of a 100 person team

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

Saved me a lot of time

Pros

It makes my life as a sales professional really easy and it gets me into the prospect accounts that I can't get into otherwise. It is like having a 100 person team at your disposal, who never sleep, who never forget nor make any errors.

Cons

The personalisation for EMEA is still a massive pain, and it take me a lot of time, to personalise in accordance to the different geos that we cover. Special characters, when uploading a list, need to be revised manually. So if you are working with a list of 500 people, it takes a whole lot of time to edit it :(

Daniel C.

Easy, affordable, and effective

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Any sales or marketing groups!

Pros

I love the ease of use to the system. There are some cool bells and whistles, but really it does what it needs too, makes it simple, and puts the flashy stuff on reporting. (the "so what")

Cons

The only thing I could see as a downfall is the search-ability. I wish that the search could include more filters so that you could easily sift down a group of prospects to send too.

Get your work done with speed.

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

I love this solution. I love how it gives me a ton of information on how to work and what to work on.

Pros

I love how this tools helps me know what I should be doing. Its helps my sales process speed up and make its a clear process on what to do. This tool is awesome and give me a way to see also whats needed to get to my goals.

Cons

I think sometimes bugs can take over and makes the tool clunky.

Outreach maximizes the efficiency of our Sales Team and allows us to close more business.

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

We are able to maximize time and be more efficient as a sales team. We can see what emails work and get responses to replicate across the team. We close more deals!

Pros

The sequencing is the biggest value-add for us it allows all our leads to be contacted right away with an automatic email. Nurturing old leads is really easy and each rep can easily create and deploy sequences when they are outbounding leads.

Cons

I wish that outreach had a calendar feature that would allow us to use outreach instead of two different software. That would complete the picture for us.

OutReach Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

For any sales team, an automation tool, that covers all aspects of the sales process, from calls to email, is very key. With Outreach, the sales team will have this ability, which will help automate calls and emails in one dashboard view.

Pros

- Value for the cost of the solution
- Short Implementation
- Easy to set up sequences
- Dashboard view, from a end user and manager perspective
- Real time data, from an end user and manager perspective
- Seamless integration with SFDC

Cons

- No integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Cannot do a sequence at the opportunity level

Christopher S.

Outreach.io is by far the most effective prospecting tool I've ever seen in my sales career.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

8-10x increase in meetings with qualified prospects with 20% of my town now spent on prospectign and 80% spent in front of customers.

Pros

The tool allows me to focus on selling rather than putting strenuous amounts of effort into old school 'phone book selling methods.' I can create campaigns based on a decent set of assumptions and some basic logic and realize real results within 24-48 hours of the first messages going out.

Cons

I had to deepen my understanding of Sales Operations, Data Management, Reporting, and Direct Response messaging to get repeatable and scalable results. But, it's completely transformed the way I prospect and I know feel like I have an unfair advantage at almost any company I go to in the future.

One of the best prospecting tools there will ever be...

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

What I like most about Outreach is the automation piece. And I know they doing more and more to assist in that, like pre-recorded voicemails and things like that (those things may already be in place). It makes prospect outreach 1000x easier, and makes individuals and organizations as a whole more effective because of the automative powers that be.

Cons

I honestly don't have any dislikes. Most every feature that Outreach contains I've used, and it's never frustrated me or given me fits.

Saves my sales team so much time!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Outreach was a great purchase for us and we now have the whole marketing team and sales team using it to increase sales.

Pros

The ability to sequence and track emails has been crucial in out sales process. Setting up sequences is easy and once you have done it a couple times becomes 2nd nature. The time savings is a huge benefit to us.

Cons

It takes a little getting used to you can mess up on the first couple sequences. The email tracking can be better but it is better than other softwares I have tried for that.

Brian B.

Very easy to use, powerful for prospecting and automation efforts

Reviewed on 2017/07/16

Pros

Easy to use, great support, and gets the job done. They have a great team that consistently goes above and beyond to help you out when you necessary.

Cons

It would be helpful if the dashboard provided more granularity. For example, what time of day yielded best results? Did length of email correspond to open and response rates? Etc.

James L.

Wouldn't want to do my job without Outreach!

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Outreach has made my sales development life so much easier. I know there are other similar tools available, but from what I hear about them, I'm glad I get to use Outreach.

Pros

I really enjoy being able to access Outreach in multiple channels--from my inbox, browser tab, or within Salesforce. It makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

An update a few months ago made the process of accessing recorded calls much more difficult to access. They're still there, but you have to go through more steps to review calls.

Louis G.

Outreach is great, best cadence software I've used so far (compared to Sendbloom and Yesware)

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Overall experience is super positive. I'm happy with the productivity it's given my team, plus an added bonus from a managerial perspective is the ease of pulling data and call recordings.

Pros

The constant addition of new features and efficiency workflows is impressive. They're constantly improving the product to reduce wasted motion and effort. For example, they now allow you to update prospects' phone numbers based on email signatures in their responses -- automatically.

Cons

It's definitely buggy. Not any more bugs than other cadence softwares I've used (Sendbloom and Yesware), but still frustrating when I depend on it to engage with my prospects.