4,6
4,3
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I like the ease of creating forms within few minutes in few clicks. JotForm has integration with lots of third party apps which make it much more useful. I have used it to build plenty of automation.

Cons

They have a great support channel but at times the support representatives are not really helpful. Looks like they are building a support community which does not have answers always. Also, there were some instances where JotForm's script interferes with modern WordPress theme's scripts.

Magdalene V.
Industry: Accounting

Modernising Contracts and Lead Collections!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Pros

I use this program for my business contracts as I have been working on reducing my company's carbon footprint over the past few years. I find that this program is not only powerful, but has many customisable layouts for a very professional aesthetic.

Cons

There have been times when my emails have either been rejected, or have ended up in a Client's SPAM folder as the I think Jotform may have been listed as SPAM. Unsure though.

Eoin G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Very Good and Constantly Improving Online Form "System"

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

We are using Jotform for completing our onboarding "paperwork" with our new clients. The conditional formatting option is very helpful in reducing unnecessary questions for different types of clients.

Pros

Jotform started out as a simple webform application and has grown tremendously since I started using it in 2015. The ability to easily create basic forms with templates is fantastic. The incredible number of form field options and widgets makes creating complex forms with great conditional formatting options. HIPAA compliance and form Encryption make collecting sensitive information very secure. Customer service is quick to respond and people trying to use JotForm to create forms for Phishing are identified and locked out until they prove they are legitimate (it happened to me when trying to create an online W-9 for our clients.

Cons

JotForm just released JotForm Reports which may solve my primary "complaint". While you can create awesome notification emails which shows the data collected, You are not able to specify in the notifications to exclude fields with no response. This was important for us and required we use a different vendor since we could not create a workaround.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that your complaint has been resolved. By default, empty fields are not shown on sent email notifications. There's a setting in the email notification where you can enable/disable this feature. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/256-How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us in our Support System through this contact form https://www.jotform.com/contact/.
Best Regards!

Nathan R.
Industry: Public Policy

Business forms made easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

We run the forms for all our websites through JotForm. The form responses are collected in a database and we are able to display the results in html tables on our intranet. There is even BI on tap, so questions that have defined responses, such as a multiple choice questions, can be visually represented on web pages as graphs. When it comes to collecting information, JotForm has become an indispensable tool in our arsenal.

Pros

I became a JotForm user when Adobe sunsetted its FormsCentral product and I've never looked back. With a little effort, truly anyone can build an attractive, functional form using JotForm. You don't have to know any html, CSS, JavaScript, etc. That said, you will probably have to know some CSS to get a form to look just the way you want it to if you are adding it to your website. At least that is my experience. While the the form builder does allow for extensive customization, I've found that I've had to add my own CSS to achieve the perfect look I was seeking. Fortunately, JotForm makes tweaking the form look using your own code very easy.

JotForm is a very mature and feature-rich platform that contemplates nearly any form need, from conditionals, to calculations, to autoresponders. All field types are available and it's easy to set the properties for each, such as required, character limits, hover text, example text, etc. Using URL parameters, you can pre-populate your form fields, too. You can also use hidden fields to perform calculations or set up honey pots for security. Perhaps the nicest thing about JotForm is all its options are available to every form you build, regardless of which level you buy (or even if the free tier is all you need). What you pay for is the number of forms and the number of submissions.

There are literally hundreds of plugins that extend functionality, all included. Customer support is top notch and documentation extensive.

Cons

We purchased a tier that allows up to ten users, however, only the primary user can create forms up to the tier limit--the others users essentially have the limits of the free plan. The only way they can avoid those limits is by moving forms they create to the primary user and sharing the form. I've also occasionally experienced issues with payment.

Ram G.
Industry: Food Production

A VERY HAPPY JOTFORM CUSTOMER

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Pros

I think discovering this has been amazing for our team, we are a team of organic farmers. We deliver produce to consumers directly. With such simple forms interface we are able to design forms to take orders from different customers seamlessly! Features like autoresponder, conditions and user CSS are so useful!
But the true power of this comes with the APIs they expose and all the integrations they provide, if you are good with programming, there is so much you can do!

We use google sheets integration extensively to track availability and use JOTFORM API to automatically publish that to the forms. I also have scripts to consolidate the orders, and send out packing lists from a server. Saved us a tonne of time and effort.

A very responsive customer support as well!

Cons

Sometimes I wish they had a phone customer support, but their email support has very quick turnaround, si i guess it's okay for now!

I think user Javascript has been disabled for security reasons but maybe they can find a way to ensure security and write JS as well

Phil H.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: Self Employed

An excellent hosted form solution

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Jotform has enabled us to build hosted forms that perform flawlessly with no infrastructure and no training. The high level of customization and the ability to embed the form makes this our go-to tool for building online forms.

Pros

Jotform is a hosted solution that allows you to build a form and distribute it immediately. The ability to customize and embed the form enables a low skill workforce to build solutions for a wide variety of use cases.

Cons

The simple pricing tiers. Not everyone has the same needs and it would be nice to be able to swap some functionality for other functionality without jumping into a higher priced tier.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your nice review. Can you please let us know which functionality that you're looking for at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help? I believe all the features are available on any plans. What really differs between the plans are the limits (e.g. monthly submissions, form views, number of forms) and the HIPAA feature which is only available on Silver and Gold plans.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Henry K.
Industry: Environmental Services

10/10 Form Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Overall, absolutely will continue to use and find new ways to form. Thanks Jotform.

Pros

I cannot stress enough how great this software is for novice users. Jotform allows me and my crew to create versatile forms for in-house and client use. Also the most inexpensive out there with very little advertising on pages.

Cons

There has been a couple glitches with the automated email notifications where I set up a notification weekly and it sends me about 10 emails.

Response from JotForm

May we know if you're still experiencing issues with email notification? There should be no longer problem with emails. Please don't hesitate to contact us in our Support System through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can further help you. Thank you for leaving such a positive rating and have a good one!

Renee S.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Can I Count the Ways I Love JotForm?

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

We use JotForm in my organization for all kinds of needs. It has allowed us to take a lot of processes that were email dependent and completely streamline them. Our Team Members in the field love the ease of submitting support tickets and completing other processes digitally, and our support center Team Members love being able to receive all the information that they need to support our field Team Members without any back and forth. We are absolute JotForm evangelists here.

Pros

Extremely user friendly and intuitive, flexible, inexpensive, great design, tons of added plug-ins, amazing logic branching capability. BEST FORMS TOOL EVER.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. They should make me an affiliate though!

Malena A.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

The best form builder I've found yet

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

This is the best form builder I've ever found. It's free up to a point. I use it to send and recieve client contracts for photography sessions. I'm able to upload a photo of my contract and then I add all of the questions I need answered into the jotform manually. I also use it to recieve signatures electronically and im able to make my questions a requirement to answer.

Pros

Jotform is easy to use. You can get five free forms at any given time. They plans are extremely affordable as well if you use it for business.

Cons

I'd like more image options. Or for the ability to upload an editable form that could appear larger to people opening the form.

Felix T.
Industry: Higher Education

A Great Choice to Make An Attractive Survey Form with Cheap Price

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Overall, it's a great alternatives for me personally instead of using google form. It has more advanced options and design customizations. Some of its cons also can be solved by doing several missions. So, with all of its features and budget, Jotform is one of a great choice to make a good-looking form with low budget!

Pros

1. It is user-friendly, all of its interface is easy to be learned.

2. Advanced customized design, for those who seek aesthetic survey form, Jotfrom has good options and customizations to make our own personal design of survey form. It has more options and alternatives to design our form rather than plain survey form of Googleform. It also makes our survey form looked to be more professional.

3. It has more alternatives form of questions as well, rather than google form. Moreover, its advanced settings of each question enables us to help specifiy respondent's answer on the reponse column. JotForm also enables us to set the input value of each response from the creation of each survey items. It also can be converted to many format, including excels. It's great!

Cons

1. Jotform has its own limitation for monthly submission (100 submissions/month if you have free account). However, it can be solved by upgrading your account or if you're really really having problem of budget, you can increase your limit permanently by doing several missions (eg. follow instagram, invite friends, etc.).

Response from JotForm

That's a lot of pros you got there! Thanks a lot for that and for your overall amazing review. We greatly appreciate it.
Cheers!

Ryan L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Because coding forms can be fun

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Overall this is an amazing software tool. We've been using it for quite a while and it's really been very effective for internal communication and external client forms, surveys and some submission forms.

Pros

It's so easy to setup a contact/submission form and publish to your document or website. Even someone with no coding knowledge can make a contact form.

Cons

The object dragging function takes some getting used to. Can be a bit glitchy at times

Eric S.
Industry: Construction

Could Not Be Easier

Reviewed on 2020/01/26

Very easy to use. The form builder is intuitive. Could not be easier to to embed into our website

Pros

Revolutionized the way we collect data from our members and submit it to the Ohio BWC. We used to have data mailed in or faxed. It was a huge pain. This could not be easier

Cons

Nothing. I would not change a thing in regards to this software

Response from JotForm

Glad to know that you found the real app that perfectly fits your needs. Thank you for your awesome review! :)

Industry: Education Management

Jotform is a great program and simple to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

The price is great for the amount we use it. Also, it can be downloaded as a pdf. This is important for our school since we typically need to create forms and then share the results.

Cons

We use this program a great deal in our school but we can't put our logo on the top of forms. Since many of our forms are sent to those outside the school we wish we could identify ourselves better.

Terri K.
Industry: Hospitality

Best work order program yet

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

This has by far been the best method used to enter and track work orders.

Pros

This program has it all. Way to track, update, assign, and close out your work orders. Easy to keep the guests up to date on the progress of the work order.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to automatically update the guest as the work order progressed through the system.

Suzan P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

JotForm Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Overall, JotForm is seriously great. I'd recommend this tool to anyone. I love how simple and straight forward it is to use. I like how I can use it on blogs, websites, e-mails. I also like how easy it is to implement it onto these platforms and get the form published. Another cool thing is, once you go to publish, after you've finished your form, it's immediately usable for people to fill out the forms. It's seriously a really good product and it's super affordable.

Pros

JotForm is great! This is one of the products that I use and have not had any problems at all what-so-ever with. It's an extremely easy platform, and I use it via e-mail, and on many of myself and my clients websites.

Cons

I can honestly say that there really isn't much that they could improve on. The only thing I could say is that they could have more templates for their forms to use, but at the same time, I'm still pleased with what they do have and offer. If they did get more templates for their forms, it would be like an extra good thing.

Rod F.
Industry: Financial Services

JOT Form and automating document creation and signing

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

After searching for literally weeks to improve on our contract creation and document signing process for our Auctions listing agreements, we finally came across Jot Form and its myriad of integrations. After tinkering a bit (using the extensive Jot Form online support tools) we were able to create a process and flow EXACTLY what we were seeking. We needed to totally automate the equipment listing process for our online and offline customers. and the Jot Form and Docusign tight integration filled the bill!

Pros

It did exactly what we wanted it to do....and then some! Was able to create an embedded form to collect data, then the data was exported onto a contract that had a esign widget from Docusign. Customer answers questions, presses Submit, a fully completed contract is front and center WITH a Docusign sign on to e sign the contract!

Cons

A slight learning curve to get it going. We originally tried with Google Forms and Document Studio, but the integration with Docusign (or ANY e-signature mode) was problematic.

Nick E.
Industry: Real Estate

A great, flexible tool that can assist with many aspects of our business

Reviewed on 2020/02/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are using jotform for our employees to create new jobs. Previously we were using paper based forms which meant our admin team was double and triple handling data. With Jotform, the data will be electronic which cuts at least 1 lot of handling out of the process and is slowly allowing us to cut out all double handling in the process.

Pros

Many features that allow you to collect the data that you need for your business operations.

Cons

The output of the data could be more flexible or allow for more customisation to fit into business systems that have already been implemented. For example you can integrate with Google Sheets but cannot tell Google Sheets where to put the data that you have collected.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Just FYI, we have updated our Google Spreadsheet Integration. Aside from creating a new sheet on your account, you can now integrate it to your existing sheet. You can also now select fields that you want to send to the sheet. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/790-How-to-integrate-JotForm-with-Google-Sheets-V2
Regards!

Allie M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy To Use!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It gets the job done with no fluff and no wasted time. It is a solid lead generating tool!

Pros

-Super easy to use
-I like that you can embed them on landing pages.
-Conversion tracking is an absolute breeze!

Cons

-There are not a lot of upper level features available.
-Not a lot of customization options.
-It can be tricky to integrate into a CRM. If you have a developer handy a webhook may be needed.

Industry: Design

The Best Form Builder Out There

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Jotform has so many benefits that other form builders just don't have. The ease of use is amazing, as well as the option to jump into the code if that's your thing. But the best thing about it is the ease to collect payments with your Jotform. It's seamless integration with Stripe, Paypal, and many other payment processors allows for headache-free collection of subscriptions on your website. The paid upgraded Jotform accounts also have the most competitive prices out there. You get a lot of bang for your buck.

Cons

One thing I could complain about is that the drag and drop form builder can become a little buggy sometimes. If that happens I usually just jump into the code, but not everyone has the ability to do that.

Esther M.
Company size: Self Employed

The people at the help desk are very helpful

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

interaction with customers

Pros

The service. Knowing I can always turn to the service professionals and they will do whatever it takes to help me.

Cons

Some of the forms are blockey and I'd prefer to be able to customize them. I can, but it's cumbersome

Igbo C.
Industry: Publishing

JotForm is a bit pricey but serves me very well

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

Pros

With JotForm, I create nice looking forms without any knowledge of programming. I create professional looking forms with dropdowns, radio buttons, text areas, check boxes and more.
It has a good drag-and-drop feature which makes it easier for a novice.

Cons

Jotform should b giving user feedback like the number of people that have seen the forms so we can know how to target our campaigns better. Wee own businesses too and need conversions, these statistics are very essential.

Brittani H.
Industry: Management Consulting

Best Form software I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

I can add forms to my website, landing pages, blogs and monthly reports, as well as, accepting payments.

Pros

Jotform is a great software to create any time of forms for your company. Payment, intake, evaluation, survey the options are endless.

Cons

You have a limit on how many submissions you can have with the free version. However you can upgrade for an affordable price.

Christian C.
Industry: Wine & Spirits
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Jotform Product

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/01/23

It has been a great experience using JotForms because it is an easy to use product and you do not need to know any coding. I have been use to hard coding things into a website but using this method is a lot easier and way faster.

Pros

I have the free version. Thinking about maybe upgrading but not to sure yet. The free version is very easy to use. There are a lot of hidden features that one might not know about that will help you and make your form look a whole lot nicer if you take the time to look into it. Like this if statements, hiding certain sections of a page if the customer does not have that selected and so they do not get confused into what area needs to be filled out by them.

Cons

The software although it is easy to use it is not as customizable as I would like. I am not sure if it is because I have the free version but to edit the size and the layout do not seem that easy. I am also having so trouble connecting forms. Other then that this is a very good product especially since it is free at the moment to use.

Vanessa A.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy to set up

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Overall the form has fit my needs well. It embedded well into my blog and has served its purpose over the last few years.

Pros

I created a free form for my blog. It was easy to do. I liked that it offered basic form options. I was also able to customize my form. It offered an easy way to embed your form into your website as well. You can get notifications when a form is submitted as well.

Cons

the free form does require that you sign in to check a form submission. That's not too pressing but can take time.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your review! Free or paid, you will always have to sign in to your JotForm account to view your form submissions on the submissions page. That's for your security and privacy protection. However, forms have email notifications by default so you will receive email notifications containing the submissions data when someone submits your form so there's no need to view them on your form submissions page if you want to.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Create Forms with Ease

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Pros

Jotform is an awesome way to make online forms/surveys with ease. I personally have used it in my role as a recruiter. I used it to create a sign in form at job fairs so that my sign in sheet would be digital and that the information could easily be uploaded into a spreadsheet. Jot form helps me stay organized and ahead of my recruitment competition. I can easily follow up with applicants with out having to read their handwriting.

Cons

No real cons at all. Jot form is great.