Very good inspection app, with some small opportunities for improvement....

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

HappyCo has been great at managing our properties on behalf of their owners, most of whom are overseas (State Dept and Military). They really appreciate the HappyCo reports.

Pros

I find the app very user friendly, and enjoy using it. I especially like that we can set up templates and use those over and over, as well as the ability to copy inspections.

Cons

I think there are too many differences between the app and the website ... I would much rather have them have the same functionality. In practice, we use the app when doing an inspection, and then the website when finishing our comments and reports, but there are too many things that you can only do in one and not the other.

I would also like to see the ability to edit photos in the app ... just basic editing, but something.

• Industry: Chemicals

Simple and Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

We love this software which has helped our PM business immensely! Easy to learn and use. Great to customize based on home needs.

Pros

- Integration with Buildium
- Simple
- Convenient
- App capabilities
- Efficient for our processes
- Customizable

Cons

- lots of clicks
- little clunky but worth it

Duncan O.

Customer service is first class! Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Professional, easy to read layout. Exceptional customer service

Pros

Ease of use,
Customer service impeccable,
Professional layout,
Excellent detail
Very versatile app.

Cons

Haha! I honestly believe it is worth it. Just price it into your costs.

Response from HappyCo

Thanks so much Duncan for your great review! It means a lot to us! If you have any product suggestions or queries do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] Thanks again!

Ryan H.

AWESOME SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2015/12/23

The control that has been given and the seemingly limitless options on how to customize a property, inspection and report are amazing. Every suggestion to improve any inspection software i have ever used seems to be put in to the new version of Happy inspector. It took a little getting used to, but the chat feature for help is the best. Any question, regardless of how petty was answered in minutes through the messaging. even my own blunders such as accidentally deleting entire properties and reports were quickly remedied by the inspector staff. Thank you all and keep up the good work

April S.

Best Management Tool!

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

I use this app for all of my inspections. It has increased collections by providing detailed reports with tons of pictures. I also love how I can reference the unit pictures to see what kind of fixtures or flooring is in each unit.

Response from HappyCo

April, thank you for the feedback. Looking forward to seeing you at the next conference.

Sarah M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Phenomenal Support

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Immediate syncing of walk data and interactive charts and graphs.

Pros

Software is easy to use and report look great. Response from support side is immediate and polite. Reporting is easy to read. Happy Co is eager to work out any issues or show data based on client needs.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but more of a tip. Set up process should be completed and vetted out between Happy Co and Client to ensure reporting is set up from the first DD rather than afterwards.

Response from HappyCo

Goodness Sarah, we are overjoyed, thrilled, and delighted that you have left such an amazing rating & review! Thanks so much for your endorsement and for letting us know what you think of our product and service. I have shared your remarks with the whole team and they want to say a big thank you because online reviews mean a great deal to us. Please let us know if you have any more feedback or suggestions at [email protected] Happy inspecting! ~ MR

Connie H.

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now, I find several things about it annoying

Reviewed on 2015/10/22

Cant just put the tenants name on the report, have to put owners name and details as well.
Doesn't automatically come up with owner and tenant emails in BCC when ready to email.
Setting up a scheduled inspection clears all data
Wont pick up internet while not in the office
Saves day its been set up on report instead of day inspection has been done, if its altered saves that date. I only want the day and time of the inspection on it no matter what time and day I finish it off and send

Response from HappyCo

Hi Connie,
Thanks for the feedback. We will look at those items for you. And we will get our Australian team to give you a call to see why your iPad is not picking up the internet. Have you switched on the Wi-Fi setting?

Jason D.

Great application!

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

Great product! Easy to use and phenomenal customer support! I love the storage of old reports to review and look back at for reference.

Cons

No email contact memory. I wish it would remember the clients email for sharing generated reports.

Response from HappyCo

Many thanks for leaving this excellent review, Jason! We want to be sure you know that when you are about to send a report on iOS, you can tap the little plus sign to add your client email address/es. You can read more about sharing reports here: http://support.happy.co/reports-in-happy-inspector/sharing-reports-sharing-your-reports-and-customizing-your-email-template. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions at [email protected] Happy inspecting!

Leanne C.

Great tool, very happy customer!

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

We started using Happy Inspector a few months ago after hearing about it in the industry. It has surpassed our expectations. We used to use paper walk sheets and Happy Insector has made walking apartments, doing inspections and move in/move out walks so much easier and up to date for my team.

I would recommend this to any apartment community on the fence about trying it out. You won't turn back!

Response from HappyCo

Leanne, glad you are having a great experience. If there is anything else you want/need, please let our support team or your account manager know.

Key W.

Daily User

Reviewed on 2015/10/27

We currently manage close to 175 rental properties. Some properties are inspected every three months and others every six months. This app has made inspections easier for us. It is easy to use and were able to customize our reports. Now all of our reports are professional and can be emailed as soon as we the inspection is completed. This app has saved us a large amount of time.

Response from HappyCo

Thank you for the kind review Key!

Megan A.

Fantastic support!!!

Reviewed on 2015/10/28

I think one of the biggest things that sets this company apart is their support team. I was completely blown away by their response time, easy to use chat feature, and great follow up. The app is very helpful, and so far I am loving the reporting system. I am sure there is a lot more I will do with the app, but for now just for basic house inspections its been great!

Tommy F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to Use and Create

Reviewed on 2016/07/29

The app has a lot of customizable options so we can create something that works great for our company. The development team keeps coming out with new updates and new features and they are always open to taking suggestions and feedback.

Nicole D.

Great app to use with move in. Fast, efficient and reliable.

Reviewed on 2016/02/09

Easy to use. Happy Inspector allows you to complete move in inspections with ease. You are able to take pics in the app, write comments as well as email the completed inspection to the tenant for their records.

Chalice W.

Excellent Inspection Aide

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Using this app has created a pleasant way to do a less than pleasant task. Inspections can be tedious but HappyCo makes them as easy as possible and provides a very (truthful) inspection for both tenants and landlords. I have found it is a way we can treat our clients fairly because photos do not lie.

Pros

Before this software we had a paper sheet that we filled out with the tenant. It took a long time going through the house and finding what room features corresponded to what part of the page. Now, it is super easy to document the condition of any rental in half the time with 500% better documentation. It glides seamlessly into our property management software.

Cons

I have issues with my phone sometimes; there is a large lag between taking the photo and the photo actually being taken, so I often have sub-par and blurry photos. I expect that is mainly a problem with my phone and I just need to hold still and be patient. Also, when I update a template online it takes a while to make it onto my mobile. Again, it is a matter that can be fixed with patience.

Great tool for inspections

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

It has made a big part of work for property managers much easier. Easy to use with nice navigation. Very convenient on your mobile device.

Cons

Customer support can be better. Once I had an issue and I had to wait for a while before I got it fixed.

Jackie P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Professional looking Move in inspections

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

This software is incorporated into our other property management software so makes our work load much more streamlined. The fact that it uploads itself is great!

Pros

Creates a very professional looking inspection report and allows our inspector and client to sign off on it at the time of the inspection and get an emailed copy immediately.

Cons

The set up to create a custom inspection report was a bit time consuming and tedious however once created you are able to reuse. They also have pre-made reports available but I need something more customized for my needs.

Neil M.

Intuitive and perfect for our requirements.

Reviewed on 2015/10/20

Prior to using this software we were forever juggling manual inspection reports, photos and action points.
Now everything is in one place and inspection reports are prepared quickly for every site visit as a permanent record. Very flexible and user friendly, I don't know how we managed without it.

Response from HappyCo

Hi Neil,
I'm glad we've taken the headaches of using paper forms off your plate. We can't wait to solve more issues for you with our technology..

Kaitlyn S.

Issues

Reviewed on 2015/10/20

Having many issues with thi s software.
Very slow, taking a lot longer to do reports.
No cover page for condition reports.
Have to add saignature panel every single time.
Should just be there.
All general comment, maintenance etc boxes still come up on reports even when left blank.

Response from HappyCo

Hello Kaitlyn. Sad to see you have had such a poor product experience so far. We will work hard to all these things on board.

Tracy W.

I think its just me but I have been having a little trouble knowing where things are but...

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

I'm finding it hard to work out where things are to change tenants names and stuff but getting there

Response from HappyCo

Not a worry Tracy, if you need more help, please chat to our Australian team. :)

Angela C.

Inspector by Happy Co makes us happy

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

Pictures and notation can be implemented easily at time of inspection

Cons

Lost inspections done during trial period. Was not able to integrate. The initial trial was signed up on my own. The actual subscription started from within Buildium.

Good, but there is Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Before Inspector, we had to use a .pdf on tablets and hard copies of inspection forms, and digital cameras for photos. We lost many .pdf files and photos before we were able to save and send them (sending took a lot of time by itself). Honestly, who likes to use hard copies anymore? Especially in the field where they can easily be destroyed. We have never lost an inspection with Inspector, and they're not damaged when resting safely in the cloud. Inspector solved a huge problem for us. No more returning to properties after lost or damaged inspection forms and photos.

Pros

We are a property manager and use Inspector for all our property inspections. Inspections are made simple with the ability to modify templates for the different types of inspections we perform. The inspections upload immediately with an internet connection. They are stored online and easily accessed after completion. They can be printed in a professional looking report. If needed, the inspections can be edited after completion. Inspector syncs with our property management software, allowing us to access inspections in multiple places. Another great feature is the ability to take photos directly from the app and save them as part of the inspection.

Cons

We haven't had the best experience with customer service. This isn't an issue of competence, but response time, and even lack of response in some cases. The categorization system can be confusing and makes finding properties difficult at times. Especially when not connected to a network.

Julio M.

Time saver

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

The ease of conducting inspections and being able to process them without having to wait for inspectors to return to the office saves us time and money.

Pros

It gives us the opportunity to have almost immediate reports of inspections carried out on our properties.
It is a very good tool to keep accurate and detailed information about the current conditions of any of our units.

Cons

The configuration of property names is not the best "but it works"
Sometimes you mix the check-in report with the check-out report

Nicholas T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

decent but still need workarounds

Reviewed on 2020/06/27

Pros

clean, useful for our residents, organizes move out process

Cons

not great for student housing in particular, needs more customization and splitting common area charges

Jesse M.

Great support, product still developing

Reviewed on 2015/10/20

This app is stable, fast, and somewhat flexible. The customer service is top notch, and very supportive of its users. I have had several interactions with various employees and they have all been very helpful. The inspection reports are very attractive, but not as versatile as I would like. However, the developers are constantly making positive changes and I am willing to invest in this product.

Response from HappyCo

Jesse. Thank you for believing in our mission and the company. We will be working on making better. If you have specific feedback on reports, please send an email to [email protected]

Bob S.

Great easy to use software

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

I have been looking for a software program to update our apartment inspection program for several years and I finally have what I have been looking for in the Inspector program. It is easy to use, easy to edit as needed to fit your needs and works great. This makes our inspections much more effective as we can target the specific items in our two buildings and we can make notes and take pictures as needed.

Response from HappyCo

Thank you for the review Bob. Let us know if you need any help with anything.