Hike

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

Alan W.

Best Customer support

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

It saved 4 hours every week due to integration with BigCommerce + QBO . I am confident that my store inventory are in order now enabling me to focus more on sales channels rather then admin tasks.

Pros

I tried 10 POS systemc including so called big players but no one can fulfill my simple request and after hours waiting to hear back I was referred to use Hike by BigCommerce team.

Simple and easy to use - trust me as I am not computer literate
integration with 3rd party software (QBO, BigCommerce). Support team was excellent
Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market)

Cons

- Reporting section can be improved cover more areas including individual sales.
- Ipad app can play up sometimes
- Payment integrations

Eric D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Not only a waste of time but it did things to my data, inventory etc that is taken me back...

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Wish I would have never gone through with this. Has set me back over 300 hours. Thank god we did it during slow season while we have a chance to recover

Pros

I liked all the promises that it supposedly was going to fix versus me using Shopify with additional apps

Cons

I do not even know where to begin.
- Created multiple items
- Added and subtracted randomly from both Hike and Shopify
- Discount Groups cannot be trusted. Even after spending 3 hours on chat with their lead tech.
- Created refunds in Hike and Shopify which I cannot undo so all those sales must be re-keyed
- reporting even the custom version gives you so little options you have to spend hours figuring out what it means

Wish I would not have tried this software EVER

Rami K.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Best customer service ever

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Pros

The pops is great, has all the features needed good for small and large business. I'd like to mention little about my experience with hike.
I texted customer service at 4:00 am and asked for information on their pos system. I was astonished that I got answer right away and they booked appointment for demo for the next day. He explained everything and answered all my questions and he was so patient. He seemed to be a pro of what he is doing and all in all, best customer service experience ever.

Cons

The only con is that there is no kitchen printing feature for a restaurant or coffee shop. I totally recommend Hike for every business who doesn't use this feature.

Kerry L.

Unfortunately I read the reviews - and believed them

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Ensure you investigate ALL pricing options compared to other systems and it's a far far better financial investment to outlay a little bit more and get a quality product that will not continually freeze, is too simplistic and does not have important data like 'customer count' that any business requires.

Pros

I like the colour scheme. I initially liked the idea that it was a Melbourne based company. I would prefer to support local than invest in a multi-national product.

Cons

Continuously freezes, does not have the functionality requirements I require. I haven't experienced any other point of sale system before investing in Hike Up. I have however learned that many of the other Point of Sale Systems that are a little more expensive actually provide the necessary reporting frameworks required for my business. I had spoken to Hike Up on many occasions to ensure it was the 'right fit' for our business. Alas, it is not.

A good, easy to use POS system

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

Really like it. Looked at several systems and this was the best mix of features and simplicity. Also, their free assisted data import was a big plus for us.

Pros

-Easy to use (employees pick up the POS functions almost w/o training)
-Works great for service providers with good inventory, service items & appointments
Great support - I asked a lot of questions before getting started and the support team was patient and knowledgeable
-Automated close out process - easy process to close out register
-Do not charge by users, only charged by register - nice!
-Love the cloud! - awesome to work at home and not be chained to the store
-No internal loyalty program

Cons

-Purchasing features a little confusing until you get the hang if it
-Needs a "copy product' feature

Shanna B.

We are so happy we switched to Hike POS!

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

From day one Hike has been a breeze to set-up and use, and is less stressful for us than the prior POS systems we tried (Quickbooks POS, Vend POS, Korona POS, Litespeed). The support staff has been super friendly, responsive and helpful. Rather than giving us flippant answers with links to FAQs, they have actually provided constructive and personalized responses. Rather than saying options aren't available, they actually put it up for consideration as a new feature if it doesn't already exist. It hasn't had the connection issues like Vend was been having, where their servers go down for half the day and can't handle offline sales.

Pros

The features are so customizable and rich! We required the ability to handle a complex inventory and were having trouble finding a POS that could handle our demands, but Hike has exceeded our expectations! They handle our needs for separate SKU/UPCs (which Vend POS didn't). The Sell screen has the ability to show how many products are on hand for products, and is not laggy like other browser systems have been for us, which is helping keep our inventory accurate. Customers are thrilled with the new in-house point system, which is cost effective for us compared to using 3rd party point systems commonly used in our industry. It works seamlessly with Woo Commerce, which has been nice too! The reporting tools are helpful and full of variety, and we are enjoying the custom report feature as well! It even has the ability to create products that are assembled from other products, which we plan on using for bundled deals - and is totally suitable for restaurant or retail! They are the best in versatility by far!

Cons

It's a little more "click" intensive sometimes, where options are specific to the items and harder to 'apply to all' on purchase orders, or has common pitfalls such as browser compatibility (they recommend Chrome, but Opera did work with a few differences).

Response from Hike

Hi Shanna,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Glad to hear that you are happy switching to Hike. We always improving our platform based on customer feedback and have heaps of new features in the pipeline for the coming month.

We certainly take pride in our support as that sets up apart from many of our competitors.

Any more questions and we are just a click away :)

Cheers to your continued retail success!
Emma

Lack of support

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

Being a start up business when I first started using them, I wanted to support local, start ups, but their lack of customer loyalty is atrocious. Had they kept up the communication, assisted, offered discounts because of the continual issues, or even just gave us a call because of the constant issues, it would have been better. But zip. I did not want to move to another system because i had invested so much time, effort, energy and money into Hike Up. But I after my history was wiped, there was nothing more holding me back. I have moved to another POS that has a good reputation, and I feared that it was all POS systems that had these types of glitches, but thankfully the new system is faster, easier to use, the team are more supportive, and I can now relax. I did email Hike Up about my frustrations over and and over again, but there was nothing offered in comparison to the amount of money expended to the amount of support received. Overall, I would not recommend Hike Up

Pros

I commenced using Hike from a manual register. I thought it was relatively easy to implement with little to no support from Hike team.

Cons

There were continual glitches that impacted on the system to work effectively. Products would go missing all the time, I would then attempt to re-enter the product only to have the system state that 'it already exists'. I would refresh, re sync, re everything, but this was a continual glitch that caused frustration, time consuming and with the limited ability to contact Hike team or the usual 'we will let the tech team work on it', was little to no comfort when it continued over and over again.

Response from Hike

Hi There,

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience with Hike. Frustration is definitely not the result we're aiming for our clients.

Can I request you to book a time with your account manager to go through your issue as we would love to help you resolve all tech issues.

We certainly aim to be customer-focused as our clients have helped improve our features based on their user experience.

Thank you again for raising your concerns.

Regards
Emma

Kyle G.
  • Industry: Online Media

WOW!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

I'm a web developer who specialises in POS systems and WooCommerce / web systems.

We came from Vend, this is just amazing. Auto updates status, stock, perfect integration and super quick to update both sides.

My clients are happy! That means they pay me.. Amazing!

Pros

Super fast support to start with. Under 2 mins every time!! But the two way sync is amazing!

Cons

Nothing just yet. Can't even find one thing I don't like.

Very easy and intuiative

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Pros

very easy to implement and work seamlessly with my ecommerce and accounting software

Cons

not have phone support is difficult although their live chat support is much of a breeze

Jeanette C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Extremely frustrating

Reviewed on 2017/11/26

I feel they need to test run the program with retail companies for a year and iron out all the problems. Its created from a developers perspective not a end users.
The intentions of the creators and support team are great but the product isnt.

Pros

Looks good, and is easy to use once set up. The support team are easy to get onto, but aren'
t the tec team who resolve the issues.

Cons

It doesn't work. I've had the system for a year and it never successfully connected to my acc software. Buggy, crashes and a constant stream of problems. I feel this product is still in development, not ready for commercial use. I have lost a year of accounting reports, customer history etc. Every problem I have ends in a call or email to support, then passed to tec support then problem maybe sorted with in a few weeks. Then another problem occurs. I have spent more time trying to resolve problems that using the program. Save yourself the frustration, stay away.

Kayode O.

A good Retail POS System for Small Business

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

I want to suggest base on my 'Cons' so as to accommodate more small business owners, there should be a difference in pricing that shows value for money

Pros

Accommodates unlimited users and also can be integrated to eCommerce Platform. interesting to see a friendly interface dashboard

Cons

The fact that some pricing plan can not transfer item from one outlet to other. There is also need to adjust the process to best suit businesses

Chris Y.

Best customer service

Reviewed on 2016/03/20

I've been using Hike point of sale for over 4 months now. Before moving to Hike we've also used other 2 cloud-based point of sale software systems. Mostly, all of them being on cloud, are easy to use and they offer very similar functionality matrix. However, the one thing that got us to move and stick to Hike was their customer service.

Pros: Their customer service team is top notch and available 24/7.
Cons: Very happy with their software so no cons to report at this stage.

Joshua R.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Hike POS

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

This software is extremely customizable and efficient. Has superb analytic and reporting tools included

Cons

Missing some key features that are not included with the base package. Installing add ons can be pricey

Sally F.

Hike is a great POS solution

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

The staff are very helpful and only ever a click away on chat

Pros

I recently set hike up for my POS and to integrate with my woocommerce store and it is a great option for people looking to find a reliable and well-priced POS system

Cons

I haven't found any negative features of the product

Cindy-lee B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great POS

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

Integration with QBO very good. Need to map it correctly though. The integration options for 3 ecommerce platforms is great. Not tested them yet, but QBO integration working well.

Cons

Nothing stands out at me worth complaining about.

Andrea Z.

Easy to Use and Support is Great

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Was easy to install and simple to integrate. I did have a little trouble syncing the Tyro POS initially because I did it incorrectly initially, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick to respond and the fix was easy.

Pros

The best part about Hike, initially, was that I could transfer my products from Vend to Hike and then to Woocommerce. And also the fact that I have the one platform to integrate everything - woocommerce, Tyro, Xero and Mailchimp - making life much simpler!

Cons

Being able to change/add loyalty points to specific customers would be great.

Nikhil B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Awesome

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

It helped me boosting up my sales. I would like to give it 100 stars if i could!

Pros

Without it i was Zero, With it I'm a. Hero!
It is the best online POS platform I've ever visited. It boosted my sales to the sky!!

Cons

Nothing is there to like the least because every service is best.

Albert L.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Hike review

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to learn. It has a decent dashboard which is functional and responsive and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Live chat support is available 24/7. Sales are processed quickly, not a lot of buttons to press to sell something. Efficient use of clicking. I also like how you can upload pictures as avatars for menu items

Cons

It does not integrate with our merchant machine, something the sales rep claimed it did. Presently when we make a debit machine sale, we have to process the card and then enter the sale into hike again, a real pain in the ass Reporting tools are lacking or it is hard to find what I am looking for. I can’t seem to find a report for every sale I have made by line item. Although there is 24/7 chat support, the reps are very slow to respond to queries. They stretched what should have been a 3 minute convo into 30 minutes. I think they are handling several clients simultaneously

Fiona H.

New user, very happy so far and impressed with features

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Clean, intuitive interface.

Pros

Easy to see customer history. We are moving from an invoicing system to a POS and we need to track customers, and Hike does this very well. Also like the Store Credit and LayBy function, and that you can add a customer in after the event (with admin permissions).

Cons

Nothing yet, however I am a new user so don't have any long term experience to draw on. Hike does everything we need.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Not Reliable

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

It feels I wasted a lot of time trying to rely in the software.

Pros

The interface is good, the idea is great, it has everything a startup needs to make a sale, see its inventory and follow up on sales.

Cons

The reporting/ dashboards are not reliable, not able to make edits to a sale without refunding it. Shopify integration caused lots of issues. Inefficient customer support with lack in solutions.

Henna L.

Very good already and constantly improving

Reviewed on 2015/11/18

We have been using standard POS for a while now and this is the first time we moved our business to a cloud based system. There are many similar systems out there but a plus thing about choosing Hike was their customer support. Their team have been extremely helpful with this transition. They helped us setup and import all our existing products and customers data. So big thanks to Hike support team. Another big factor was that they offer both inventory and appointment booking and because we sell both products and services, it just works beautifully for us.

Plus they have all the features we need and price tag is reasonable for our small business.

Hiran T.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Recomended POS software for execution of sales process.

Reviewed on 2021/01/24

Retailing offline and online store is made live and integrated.

Pros

The retail POS system can be intergrated with hardware like scanner, printer and payment processor. This POS software works both on online and offline. Integration to ecommerce made management of online orders easy. Free training is done by Hike Point of Sale through online webinar which educate the user about how to use the software and to utilize its features and functions. The user can book a free consult at an initial who is specialized in retail.

Cons

The pricing of the software need to come up with more flexible plans.

Akeel A.

Wanted inventory control based POS solution

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Overall happy with Hike, miss few simple things from MYOB as mentioned in Cons

Pros

Easy to work with , well coordinated views, easy menus, well priced , Quick & excellent customer support , user friendly

Cons

need to give few more options to user e.g
*fulfilment of partially received PO, (currently it shows item 'awaiting' but later upon receival cant change the status)
* there should be a way of getting some acknowledgement that PO reached the supplier ,
* PO can be sent to more than one email addresses, simultaneously
* reports and sales figures should have the option to see them with or without GST
* a general refund option should be available... for example a customer brings back a faulty product after few weeks but lost the receipt.
We can recognise that its our product unit, but then how to refund?
* in certain situations, we want to charge higher price of the product... but cant do it in HIKE as it prints the original price underneath (in strikes through)...
so if the sold price is higher than actual... Hike should only print the higher price on receipt.... else we face an angry customer... (MYOB allows this)

Jim N.
  • Industry: Utilities

Amazing 24/7 Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/02

Pros

Incredible support. I work some very strange hours 24/7. It does not matter what time of night, on Saturday and Sundays included, and I get excellent support within a few minutes of posting my question. Every single time. It is very impressive.

Cons

Only 1 image associated with each product