Hippo CMMS Reviews

4.5/5 (218 reviews)
Larry S.

I'm glad I chose hippo.

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

My experience with hippo? Every aspect of transforming from a paper to the hippo computerized system went well with no surprises and no failures.
Hippo has a saying, You get out what you put into this. I found the statement to be inaccurate because we got out much more than I imagined. You do have to do some work providing them with spreadsheets to download but you are not alone, you are backed by an experienced team wanting you to succeed every step of the way.
Thanks to guidance from the development team; the training from trainers; and rapid response from technical service we implemented a well-rounded computerized management tool that is easy to use by our managers and maintenance techs.
Tell me, how many times do you have maintenance people telling you they like using a new maintenance program? They are the true test for this system.
There are no hidden costs and no nickel and dimes for modules, you know what you pay for.
We love the advanced dashboard option. It provides your maintenance team with an interactive screen of your plant's layouts. It's an effective visual tool that is cool to use and simplifies navigating thru the system and monitoring the status of the equipment.
I encourage others to use hippo and I should know, we just completed the forth implementation of four plants in four states in the last eighteen months.

Pros

Cons

The assigning parts to equipment could be better organized. It's not a dislike, it's more of a wish. I wish there was a better (hierarchy) way to organize the parts in the parts data base.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks for the great review Larry and our team is happy to hear you find value in the Advanced Dashboard. A lot of work went into developing the interactive mapping and floor plans. Expect more good things to come in 2017. Let's keep the communication open.

Daniel R.

Great tool for our maintenance department

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

We have been using Hippo for just over 2 years and have entered over 10,000 work orders. Overall it has been a great product for our maintenance team and a great value for us. I'd like to see quicker product improvements and a better mobile version, but we are still pleased with the software. It's miles ahead of what we had used in our organization prior to Hippo. The support team has always been helpful when needed, though we rarely have to reach out to them.

Pros

Cloud based; user friendly;

Cons

product development is lacking; Software was written in Silverlight, which most browsers are dropping (and have been for well over a year). Hippo team is supposedly working on re-writing the software so that Silverlight is eliminate, but we have been waiting on this since May 2015. Hopefully they complete the upgrade before all the browsers drop Silverlight support. We lost Chrome long ago and the latest upgrades of Firefox have dropped Silverlight. It seems as the Edge will not support it either, so once Microsoft finally dumps Explorer, we may be hurting.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks for the feedback Daniel. Version 6 is in Beta and available to customers. Let us know if you would like to take it for a test ride. Silverlight issue is resolved!

Joe S.

Hippo CMMS Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Overall Hippo FM has been good. Should your update cause us to make such drastic changes next time we will be going out to bid. Not happy with what took place and why would a company with large data bases not make it easy for there customer???? This was not the case when i tried to explain the issue i was told to just change my web browser!!! we have upwards of 200 computers that had to be changed.

Pros

easy to use. Other then that it seems almost the same as before.

Cons

had to change the entire company's web browser. I was not told that this was the case and we were totally unprepared it took our it dept over two weeks to get to everyone's computer.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the review and constructive feedback. We apologize for the changes required for the update. I am not sure why you had to make changes to your browser as Hippo runs on all web browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox). In any event, sounds like you had a bit of a challenge due to our V6 release and we could have done better to ease the transition. If you ever need help from our customer support, don't hesitate to contact us. All release notes are available on the support portal, and please look out for user pop up notifications when you log in and emails from us.

Glad to hear that Hippo is still working for Nueterra overall as a maintenance solution for your facilities. It's been great having you as a customer over the past 5 years.

David S.

Starting Over with Nothing*****

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

I took over a position to maintain an 80 Acre campus that had NO inventory of any tools, equipment, current condition assessment, or any historical data of current Work order requests. I also had no way of creating work order requests or tracking them.

HIPPO has allowed us the opportunity to maintain a working inventory and tracking system for many different items such as equipment, vehicles, Stock items and tools that staff carry, Consumables as well as standard equipment for day to day operating needs. It has helped us tremendously.

Can't beat the price and service for the Return. We are very appreciative.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and set up. It was also easy to get my staff trained on it.
It is comprehensive for all our needs and the HIPPO organization gave us a lot of support and assistance.

Cons

We have many buildings that we do work on, and many different individuals that have access to inputting Work Order requests. Figuring out how to set the system up for that was a bit of a challenge at first, but it was overcome.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. We are all happy to hear that Hippo has been instrumental in allowing you and your team to manage your equipment and inventory. If you are having any issues with setting up user permissions for work order requests for all your buildings, contact our customer support - we have people eager to help and iron out any issues you are having.

Thanks again for your great review and we look forward to serving and improving your maintenance operations into the future.

Lisa C.

Hippo is easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

Hippo is really working for us in a lot of ways. We've had good response from customer support when we have had issues. I would like to see some additions in the future to make things even better.

Pros

Love the way you can see the whole building on the screen and see where the work orders are. I like the information that is on the work orders for everyone to see. Being able to add email address to the work order so everyone involved can be informed on what the status of the work order is great.

Cons

I don't like the dashboard for the work order search. If you adjust columns to view the information they don't stay that size they will revert back every time you make a change. In order to see the most current you have to double click on the ID column every time you want to look at the last work order. There should be some type of save button so you can keep your columns custom to the way you like it. I waste a lot of time with this process.

I would like to see more options with reports. I can't get what I need for certain projects that I work on.

Need better access with iphones, some type of app so when employees are in the field they can look up work orders faster and more efficiently.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Lisa

Thanks so much for the great review and constructive feedback. It's customers like you that help drive our software further and develop features our customers want. Look for great things in 2017. Thanks again!!

Alexander G.

From Clipboard to Computer

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Before HIPPO CMMS all of our maintenance records were paper and clipboard. With HIPPO CMMS we are able to keep track of the preventative maintenance in a more proactive way than before. HIPPO CMMS helps us to preform predictive maintenance that we were unable to do in the past because it allows us to keep all information pertaining to equipment in one place with better, faster searching capabilities.

Pros

HIPPO CMMS gives us the ability to run individual reports for each piece of equipment. These reports help with capital expenditures when cost justification is needed.

Cons

It would be nice to have some sort of text box linked to each piece of equipment where you could keep notes and helpful information instead of using the Documents tab. If I need to write a note about a piece of equipment I have to edit a document then reload it to the HIPPO system.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback. Nothing makes our team happier than hearing about another successful implementation.

We definitely have data fields associated with equipment for comments and notes. Our team will be reaching out to you in the new year to see how we can make your experience even better.

If you don't want to wait, drop us a line or send us an email and let us know of anything we can do to improve.

Daniel

Jeronimo O.

with Hippo CMMS we create visibility and transparency

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

With Hippo in 2018 we were able to achieve about 90% of our total demand orders on time an in full, we know that there are a room to improve, but, at least now we can measure our progress. Inventory of parts that easily can be related to any machine activity helping us to keep the control of the parts purchased, creating alerts when replenishment is required just entering the threshold with the min and max desire.

Pros

Equipment management, Scheduling preventive maintenance and creation of demand orders giving us an increase in productivity.

Cons

For a regular use, non an IT person, the reporting is not flexible, export information from tables is difficult to relate the fields.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Jeronimo,

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad that using Hippo has helped Oxygen Development in reaching such a high completion rate of work orders. It's also great that you can keep track of the company's progress.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the reporting feature as well. Our Development Team is always looking for ways to improve the reporting feature, and your feedback is extremely valuable for improving the Hippo software.

If you need any further assistance, or you have more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Heidi Chin
p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227
e. [email protected]

Mark M.

Once set up, HIPPO does make managing your facility easier.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

A better awareness of the facility, parts, pieces, costs, man hours, scheduling.

Pros

Keeping track of individual rooms/equipment service needs and records. Inventory at a glance. Reminders when you are low and need to order. That is done by the work order completion data entry, parts that are used are logged. HIPPO knows the minimum # of parts wanted on hand sends out the reminder.
Individual equipment I.E boilers, you can have a drop down list of all the replacement parts associated with each boiler for ease of ordering. Room records, you been called to the same room 3 times for plumbing issues. you can then look to find a cause.
Customer service requests are replied to very quickly. That day or you have an e-mail when you arrive to work.

Cons

I have just two
On work order search, it defaults to the very first work order #1 instead on the newest 2999. Printing was a one step process.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Mark,

We are happy to hear that Hippo is working well for Haggai Institute. Sounds like you are getting an awesome return on your investment and Hippo CMMS has helped your organization improve your maintenance operations. Keep the feedback coming and don't hesitate to contact our customer success staff - they are always eager to help and make things easier for you.

Robert I.

Hippo user

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Technical support by Hippo is above board. I am building our system on the fly and it is not too bad. I am previously familiar with the software having built a system for a previous employer. We have way to much equipment and are too large a plant to have engaged a HIPPO equipment survey. Not having anything in place and the need to start made it essential to go this route. We ordered software and it launched two days later. My Mechanics are getting more done in a day. Their morale has improved and they can get detailed instruction at their fingertips.

Pros

I have been able to engage my mechanics and keep them productive. I use the mobile connection via smart phones to make work orders, parts, resources, and manuals available. It is easy to attach photos and enhances our communications across the plant. They like the software which is what is the bottom line. We are doing a much better job tracking tasks and getting stuff fixed.

Cons

It is young and not all the reports are what accounting would like. You really need to buy the enterprise version for the extra custom reporting capability. There needs to be a cost center work order field that can track and report output per cost center for budgeting.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Robert,

I love hearing your feedback about your mobile experience with Hippo. For your techs to be able to access Equipment info, parts, or manuals while on location must save so much time! Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it!

James D.

Easy for tenants to use

Reviewed on 2018/08/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This program has been very easy for our tenants to use. They learned very quickly and it has allowed us to easily receive work orders. However, the lack of a mobile app is a big deal. There should be a mobile app so that maintenance can easily work on the orders. Hopefully, this is something that we will see in the future.

Pros

As someone who runs an apartment complex, it’s important to be able to receive work requests as soon as possible. This allows tenants to submit a work order and see the progress of the request. It was easy to teach my employees to use, and just as easy to show tenants how to submit their work order. We also like having it web-based, even though it supports almost every computer operating system.

Cons

The only con that we could find was the lack of a mobile app. This is a rather important con. Having a mobile app would allow our maintenance workers to see work orders as they are put in, meaning they could seamlessly go from one issue to the next. As of now, they have to come back to the office once they are finished and then go back out. A mobile app would save time.

Ernie R.

Lions Manor Preventive Maintenance

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

I was a little skeptical when I was first introduced to this product. Over the years I have seen a lot of systems come and go. My first experience with maintenance software was back in the early 80s. Now that was primitive. When I started using HIPPO I was amazed at the power behind this system. The ease of use was a very satisfying experience. I would recommend HIPPO to anyone I knew that was looking for a maintenance system

Pros

The ease of use. Reporting feature, calendar for scheduling, etc.A

Cons

The more I use the program the more familiar I get wit it. That is the same with a lot of things, if you don't use the system for periods of time it takes awhile to get back in the groove.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Ernie - glad Hippo has been working well for you over the past 2+ years. If you ever need tp brush up on some of the new features we have added or legacy features, contact our support team. There are many on-going webinars you can take advantage of or get some personalized training sessions. Thanks for the feedback!

Charles D.

Quality Product for a great price

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Overall, I have been very pleased with the product. None of my team or the requesters had any previous experience with any type of CMMS system. They were able to learn the processes quickly during the on boarding period and had minimal implementation issues. Due to the smooth start up, the system was accepted by all users and seen as a valued addition to our work process.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and if fairly adaptable to you individual needs in a CMMS system. They offer great start up support. They respond quickly to any questions or suggestions given through the help tool. When there has been system issues they are resolved very quickly.

Cons

I really don't have any cons, I think the biggest challenge was during the initial set up, we would not fully understand the design process so errors were made on some PM task and equipment data. But, we were able to determine where the errors were made and corrected them.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thank you for the awesome feedback, Charles! It's great to know that Cajun Industries is taking advantage of everything Hippo has to offer. We were very happy to see your progress during your recent meeting with Natasha.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any help or have any suggestions!

Steve T.

Reviewed on 2013/01/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am a technology specialist within the automatic identification and data capture industry and I am volunteering my consultation services for a non-profit adult day service organization in Richmond, VA.

The task given was to identify, qualify, and implement a simple yet robust facility management program to move from a paper based system to an electronic form. There were many challenges due to the existing IT structure of the organization and the use of volunteers to accomplish many of the day to day task associated with caring for the participants. CCADS utilizes a logical balance of professional and administrative employees but the majority of help comes from volunteerism.

I began my search focusing on "SaaS" (software as a service) facility management solutions to limit the pull on IT resources and to allow for a manageable cost structure given CCADS non-profit status. After exhaustively reviewing six of the top facility management solutions utilizing a SaS model, I chose HippoFM Zoom as the most applicable. HippoFM software is extremely simple to use and understand, has limited layers of complexity, a high level of pre and post sale support and has many of the bells and whistles I needed for my particular project.

The three most important factors to me were cost of ownership; facility visualization tools, and a simple easy to use front end.

To be honest, I was reluctant at first to go with a SaaS model because I could see a time in the future when staff participation would outgrow CCADS ability to fund the growth. I needed a solution that would remain for the most part constant in their pricing structure. Hippo FM was the only SaaS I found that offered an affordable solution with "unlimited users" and the ability to grow a mobile workforce at a nominal rate.

Lastly, I was extremely pleased with the informative, patient and helpful sales and technical personnel I encountered during my analysis and implementation phase. I can't say enough about their professionalism and willingness to help oversee a successful outcome.

I would highly recommend HippoFM to any company looking for a simple yet robust solution for managing a facility maintenance project, whether it be one facility or many. They are terrific!

Facility Maintenance Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

I like that you can limit the access a user has. This is our main form of communicating any issues that may arise within the facility and with so many users a work order can easily get closed or rejected so it's nice to limit what they have access to. The software is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

I would really like to be able to edit/revise a completed work order. Sometimes a document or amount gets revised after-the-fact and it would be nice to not have to open/associate a new work order.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks for the great feedback Veronica. It has been great working with you and the others at Camel back Ranch over the past 4 years.Also glad to hear that you find Hippo user friendly and simple - that is what we aim to do. Even better, Hippo is still relevant and useful in streamlining facilities maintenance for you. We hear you on the completed work order edit - it's very high on our priority list.

Ryan S.

Review of Hippo CMMS - Paramount Die

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Overall it has been good experience. I love the system. Its easy to use, for the most part. It has a lot of features. I just get frustrated with the errors and "hiccups" When the hiccup occurs and you loose all your comments/notations for a long detailed description of the issue and fix... that is when I'm not a huge fan of the system. Overall It works very well.

Pros

Its pretty easy to use and intuitive. A plethora of features we have not even explored for use at this time. Easy and automated reporting is great.

Cons

All the hiccups and errors. A lot of minor issues that can be very frustrating and make using the system kind of a pain at times.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you find Hippo user friendly! That is a our main goal here. To not make finding and closing work orders complicated. I do apologies if you have experience some glitches. We are continually trying to improve Hippo and appreciate the feedback.

Matt M.

A Great Tool, For a Great Price

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

When looking into CMMS's, I spent hours online researching the different options we had. I even had a consult with someone who worked in this field. I finally found Hippo, and loved what I saw. They have everything any other CMMS would have, but for a fraction of the cost. Given my position this was huge, it's much easier to convince a board with a four digit cost, than five or more. And again, they have all the features that the big names have as well. I don't think that we have even scratched the surface of all you can do! Their customer service was great, and they walked us through everything. Beyond that, they have been very friendly and helpful after our on-boarding period.

I highly recommend Hippo CMMS and their Staff. They're a great group of people, and they have a great product.

Pros

Features, cost, and functionality

Cons

Learning curve (takes a bit to get it all working)

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hello Matt, thank you for the wonderful review! We're pleased to hear that your experience with Hippo has been enjoyable. Being affordable to our customer's is important to us, so we are happy to hear that our competitive pricing is paying off!

We will be releasing our new version of Hippo in the coming months, with more exciting features to make things easier for you!
Please contact us at (866)956-2859 ext 255 or [email protected] for more information.

Loren S.

It has been an great software for us that has highly improved our process over paper work orders.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

It increased our overall production by multiple people having visual progress over what was getting done. It eliminated lost work orders. It allows us to look up information much faster then going thru file cabinets for documents.

Pros

Easy to use and quick to learn. It is fast to move thru the steps. It allows multiple people to know where certain work orders are in process quickly. The reporting is good and allows you to look up items that may need replaced quickly.

Cons

There aren't many options for customization. There have been times that we would like to do something where we couldn't and the option wasn't there to even create a customization.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks Loren for the feedback. Glad to hear that over the past 1-2 years Hippo has been doing well for you. You will be happy to know that we are adding more customization features this year. You are not alone, many of our users have requested and our development team has the project slated for this year. We look forward to working with Gensco for many more years... please keep the feedback coming and thanks for the review.

Daniel - GM

Marishia Q.

Good for keeping maintenance tasks organized

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I work in a vendor relations position in A/P. This streamlines the companies maintenance records for all of the senior facilities and the data or invoices are in the system organized and in detail for each department from the actual maintenance request, to the facilitating, to payment of invoices from the vendor and it makes the payment process seamless.

Pros

Anyone can use it, and can be tailored to special requests.

Cons

This software is extremely functional. I wouldn't change anything.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your review, Marishia!

I'm glad Hippo is helping you and your team not only to keep track of your maintenance tasks, but also to streamline records and invoices for the A/P department. It's always great to hear when different departments take advantage of Hippo tools and features.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any assistance.

Shannon W.

Using Hippo CMMS for Clinical Engineering

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Over I have had a good experience with Hippo.

Pros

System has a great user interface and in easy to navigate. Easy to enter equipment data and retrieve work history on specific equipment.

Cons

We have multiple sites that we service and it is a challege linking data from one site to another.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Shannon,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Glad to hear that the Saskatchewan Health Authority is generally happy with Hippo and find the UI and navigation easy to use. Totally understand the issue with pulling more detailed data on multiple locations - we are working on it and should have more robust reports for you and your team throughout next year. We have been speaking with a lot of the regional health authorities in Manitoba as well and they shared similar feedback.

We are on it!! Let us know if you need anything else or have more feedback.

Happy holidays to you and the rest of your team.

Daniel

Joe L.

Super User

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Pros

I like the communication feature on HIPPO. To have the ability to communicate to the requestor is key in the service industry, in the past we used another program that did not have this feature and it was the #1 complaint.

Cons

We had an issue when we initially rolled out the program with the users putting their phone extensions in the contact info section due to them interpreting the wording incorrectly. After some discussion with the HIPPO Team they rectified it!

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your review, Joe!

It's great to know you're enjoying the communication features in Hippo and that it's been a key feature for you and your team at the North York General Hospital. I'm glad our team was able to help you rectify the contact information that was originally set up in the system. Please keep in mind that Hippo offers lifetime technical support, so don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any assistance.

Erick K.

The overall experience with HippoCMMS has been good. It is a great product for the price.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

The ability to apply and view floor plan and enter work order directly from floor plan and equipment views. The unlimited users accounts, reports, documents, pictures, and specifications that can be added to equipment and facilities, mobile access, and preventative maintenance module.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have more ability to customize reporting, Demand work order fields and dashboard. There is not the ability to create a work order via email submission or respond to notifications via email. When adding comments, it does not date stamp in the comment field of when or who made the comment.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Eric

Thanks so much for the helpful feedback. Feedback from our users is what drives our product forward. Please keep it coming.

More customization on reports and work order forms are slated for 2018. Stay tuned. Happy to hear you generally pleased with the software, support and value Hippo brings.

Bill S.

great to with with

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

it is the most easiest to use program i found. all our work orders get done on time and other managers can request work to be done easily

Pros

the lay out and the way it will store all my records. plus how it will email my work orders to my contractors

Cons

when it emails it has from hippo not my company at the start

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hello Bill, thank you for taking to time to review our software, we appreciate it. We are happy to hear that our user friendly interface is working well with your company!

We are glad that we sorted your concern with the email address that was sending out emails.

We are currently working on releasing Version 6 of our software which will improve features and functionality that will allow you to attach documents to your assets & equipment.

Please contact us at 1(866)956-2859 ext 255 or [email protected] for more information.

Chris C.

Very Good Product For The Price

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Helps to keep focused on priorities.

Pros

This software gives you the ability to track and submit work orders in a very affordable and easy to use package.

Cons

Occasionally there can be a lag time with the programs servers.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your review, Chris!

I'm pleased to know that Hippo is helping PVS Chemicals to better manage and prioritize maintenance tasks. I'm happy to notice Ease of Use and Value for Money among your comments, which are two big priorities for us!
I'm going to be in touch with you so we can further investigate what may have caused a lag in our system.

Thanks again for your time to share your experience! Please don't hesitate to be in touch if you ever needs any assistance.

Tim H.

Hippo CMMS Software

Reviewed on 2015/12/02
Review Source

Hippo CMMS software makes life as a maintenance supervisor much easier. At Haas Cabinet, we were looking a way to keep work orders organized and scheduled, while also keeping track of the costs per repair. Hippo software answered the bell. We are able to track all work orders, costs of each work order, parts inventory, and have scheduled preventative maintenance work orders automatically generate. Hippo helped bring our family owned business into the 21st century.

Pros

Hippo has a really neat layout. They can use your floor plans and lay out the equipment you maintain so that you get the really cool visual experience that no one else brings. We really like the mobile app. Hippo desktop version syncs with your smartphone or IPad via the Hippo mobile app. Our maintenance guys can create, complete and modify work orders from anywhere they have internet service or mobile phone access.

Cons

We rely on the email alert function to be fully functional. Our maintenance employee's are alerted about works order requests via email. Seems like from time to time Hippo's email servers go down, and we are not aware that work requests are being created.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Tim, thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear Hippo is working well for Haas Cabinet. The e-mail issue should be resolved. If you experience any issues you know to call our tech support team. They are always there to help out when in a jam.

Matt C.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

It is a great deal for the cost and it really does exactly what I need it to. Reports and queries are really easy to generate.

Pros

It is easy to use. Set up can be a bit dicey if you don't know what you are doing. This is essentially a database program, so it is good to have someone with experience help with set up to get the hierarchies done properly

Cons

It is SAAS, so it can be a bit "laggy". The function's don't always cooperate and I close the program frequently for reboot

Response from Hippo CMMS

HI Matt,

Always nice to hear good feedback about a User's experience with Hippo! You are correct that set up can be interesting but our Data Integration team has great advice and experience to help guide new clients. Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback.