SocialChorus Reviews

SocialChorus

Workforce communications platform

4.4/5 (42 reviews)
Jeremy A.

Easy platform to work with to distribute news to employees mobile devices AND the company intranet.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Access to internal news from multiple devices.

Pros

Ability to have internal news available on a personal mobile device and the intranet from a single platform. Easy to work with and integrates with many other platforms and software.

Cons

Would like to see just a few more options for customizing displays on internal intranet. Ability to parse stories by a # or keyword, to display a subset of stories from one channel, would be useful. A UX improvement would be the ability carry details of what a user clicked on through the SSO process, instead of clicking a story from the intranet, going through SSO, and landing on their news feed rather than the story clicked.

Longtime user

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

increase in employee advocates

Pros

Enables employee advocacy and the basics of social selling. Can easily share to preferred social platforms

Cons

Releases are rolled out that then break and remove features actively used.
Feature requests and road-mapped items take forever to come out.
No search functionality for users.
Backend can be very clunky and isn't mobile optimized.
Not their fault but no linkedin engagement metrics anymore due to api changes.
No versioning for different platforms

5.0/10
Jewlissa F.

It's an easily manageable application that has made company engagement more plausible.

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

A significant increase in company engagement. We were delayed on launch, but still managed to reach our goal for download and users. Its very convenient to get messages out to employees and we're always trying new ways to be engaging.

Pros

I like the ease of access of both admin and user. It's nice to have the multiple options including article, image, link, and video. I also enjoy being able to have multiple admin's for ease of control.

Cons

I do wish we could manage channels and content on the mobile device for instances that it's urgent or on the go. Additionally, it would be nice to order the channels in any other fashion beyond alphabetical. Or also the layout of the images. (Portrait vs Landscape)

Amber L.

Typically, the app is great. When making a post though, I think added functionality is needed.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Increases level of communication for our department.

Pros

Streamlined view. Easy to post. I think the new updates on how we can add photos and bullets right from the side is nice and eliminates the need of having to scroll all the way to the top.

Cons

When pasting a post the format becomes skewed. Also, the bar that has all the functions on it should be a side bar that follows the poster as they are crafting their post since it is time consuming and inefficient to have to scroll all the way to the top.

7.0/10

We love our account manager and the program runs smoothly most of the time.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

The analytics and ease of use when posting new content; our account manager; email alerts with new improvements and webinars for training.

Cons

The constant bugs that require us to delay email campaigns and other campaigns. The program interface almost changes too much; hard to keep up.

Megan M.

Easy to use, easy to publish, fast, reliable, time saving,

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The content can be posted instantly and be edited later if needs be.
Scheduling is an amazing feature, as are the content emails as it takes some of the workload away from us.
Changes/edits are instant.
Push notifications are useful.
The backspace is easy to navigate.
- I can categories the types of publishers, and have as many as we want. Before we had a select number of emails we could have registered to Newsweaver, and each publisher had access to everything. Now I can have multiple publishers who only have viability to the features they need.

Cons

The email templates (e.g. those to increase app engagement, remind people to follow channels ect.) and custom emails are not visually appealing or Vodafone branded. Individuals find it hard to understand that they need to follow channels in order to see the news, we would have liked to be able to assign channels to employees to ensure they don't miss anything.

Liz N.

Amazing experience and totally new digital world for our company...

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and upload content - publishing an article is so quick and easy! I love it! I love the front end user experience and how it looks, audiences can handpick their channels to follow and set up their own individual experience!

Cons

Little bad to say to be honest other than I wish we could upload videos straight into the header easily...currently not possible!

The Social Chorus team is innovative, friendly and helpful. They're always pushing for "what's next.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

It was easy to use and easy to access.

Pros

It's easy and intuitive - for users and program managers. The publishing platform is constantly evolving with new and useful features that make stories more engaging for users.

Cons

upgrades to the web platform are a bit lagging; adding a search functionality would be key to improving the user experience for programs with large volumes of content.

Taylor T.

Positive, supportive, helpful, engaging, useful

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

The thing I like most about Social Chorus is that the platform is constantly updating and upgrading its functionalities to continuously improve with time. There are so many great features that our team is looking forward to try, including the live webcast, and we are always excited to test out the new & improved features. The support team is also extremely helpful and the platform has fantastic data analytics.

Cons

I think there can be some improvements that can be made including: changing the order in which your channels appear, including a calendar widget/function, and having the opportunity to create/update/edit articles from your platform's app on your phone instead of always having to do it on your desktop computer.

Dipti S.

SC is a great platform. The more I engage, harder the realization that there's more to explore.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

We're yet to roll it out to our employees, but I see great functionality here. Features that bring value to the communication model for orgs like us!

Pros

It's got brilliant functionality. Imagine being able to send emails also from a News App! I like the campaign features as well. It allows you to customize push notifications with the first name, I like that. It's easy to use if you know what every feature can do and what value it can bring to your audience and business.

Cons

The SC knowledge base should be embedded in the studio manager for better utility. Also its not clear at this point in time how to create groups, I did try reading the article on that. But it's not addressing everything. I get an article on how to set an RSS feed, but I do not get to know what I miss if I do not set it, till someone explicitly tells me about it. Thus if there is a user orientation to know what will work better for them, that kind of insights would help. Maybe being pushed from your end to my mailbox once every 15 days - 1 tip that you think can help me engage better with my audience, those analytics would be useful certainly.

Easy to use, modern and user friendly A

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Ability to design modern content and measure its effecitveness

Pros

Allows you to make smart clean content that captures the eyes of employees, engages and is modern in line with other leading online content creators

Cons

Some of the detailed functionality and the ability of the metrics/ measurements on data. Still room for improvement in places. And videos take time to upload - GIFS dont always work etc.

Kimberly S.

Easy way to get info out to the masses.

Reviewed on 2018/02/10

Pros

The program is easy to use. it keeps all of the content in one place that allows me to quickly share it with others.

Laura M.

we had an easy transition into this new program. I like the presentation and ease of use.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

The mobile app, push notification, automatic feeds. I don't quite understand how to use all the features. I need to figure out how to do push notification and weekly summaries to our site employees.

Pros

this program is very easy to use! I love the mobile app option, it helps us get the news to our employees quicker!

Cyndy D.

It's user-friendly and effective

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

I went from a manual process to this! Totally changed my world.

Pros

I like that it is so user friendly. It didn't take me long to learn how to use it, and to teach others to do so.

Cons

I can't think of anything but I've not used other tools to compare it to. Perhaps more options for scheduling.

Jody V.

Easy engagement.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

Easy. Keeps my digital footprint relevant. It has been easy to promote its use within the organization.

Cons

Sales is beginning to engage in the software. Just trying to increase registrations and engagement within the organization, if you could help with that!

Drew K.

Great, Easy, Clean

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

I like how easy it is to post. Also, how large the images are in the post. lastly, its very easy to publish the post to your own Social channels.

Cons

When pasting the link in the "Link post" the auto-filled text doesn't take. Having to delete the last letter and add back. The App Is a bit slow to publish the post on your own Social channels after launch, after the first publish the app speeds up. -iPhone 7 Plus

Keysha B.

awesome experience with social chorus

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Easily sharing content with my social networks

Pros

Very easy to share information about AT&T with others. I think it's great to be able to have such easy software to use to spread the word about AT&T with my Social Networks

Alexandra V.

It's really helped our publishing process, allowing us to better keep our employees updated.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

How easy it is to use! It's intuitive, though there are a few things I would change to make it a little more straight-forward in terms of naming conventions.

You clearly update the tool often to provide us the best benefits/are using feedback from clients to improve -- it's noticed and appreciated!

Cons

There's room for improvement in the following areas:

I'd like access to customize our data dashboards a bit more. In this regard, it would be great to go a level deeper and really understand who of our users are interacting more than others so we can better tailor their experiences.

The ability to target via personalized notifications, etc would be incredible as well.

Karim M.

Very positive experience in all aspects...well done Social Chorus

Pros

Pros:
User friendly, fast access, similar to social media looks & feel, short as twitter, visual support like Facebook, videos are amazing...I can see everything under one place and this is very innovative tool to engage employees with corporate content.
Cons:
More features to be added to the app like live videos, event survey & poll.

Cons

Backend doesn't work properly from mobile devices and it needs to be better utilized for mobile devices.

Christina M.

i have enjoyed the convenience of the app to communicate to staff and quick accessibility

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

ease and flexibility of accessing news

Pros

The fact that I can post the news to staff anytime and anywhere. It also has a feature that allows staff to post content so we get news from every corner of the market

Cons

the fact that I can not upload files to share to staff, Majority of communication that we send out contain attachments and links and this app limits us.
Also it has no comment button so its hard to gauge staff comments

Mike O.

Social Chorus' product was well-received by the communication team and the users.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/06

it gave us a new mechanism with which to reach front-line employees

Pros

The content manager is easy to use, which makes it easy and fun to upload new and relevant content for employees frequently.

Cons

It had it's quirks, but nothing major. Sometimes it would be 'down' at random (inconvenient) times, but never for long.

Isabella K.

Streamlined, still developing

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

As an administrator, it is very easy to post and schedule stories.

Pros

Easy to post, easy to schedule posts for the future. It is very mobile friendly. It is easy to link to a variety of articles and posts.

Cons

I really wish that I could search stories more easily. For instance, it is difficult to find a story in May of 2014 without scrolling forever. I also don't think the display of the image behind the story always looks very good.

Melissa C.

I enjoy using the app and how easy it is to use and access.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Pros

I like the fact that I don't have to have a company phone to be able to get news and updates anytime, anywhere.

Cons

I feel there needs to be a search feature to be able to search for older story submissions when needed.

Kaylee D.

SocialChorus for a Company App

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Pros

Using the backend of SocialChorus is extremely easy. It is organized and allows for multiple users to create content without confusion. The SocialChorus team is consistently making updates to the platform to make it better.

Cons

Getting users signed up for the App was a bit difficult as it required multiple steps. It made for slower user adoption.

Sandeep K.

A feature rich software, with easy to use functionalities

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Pros

Great interface and easy to navigate. Even as an admin its easy to set up articles, send push notifications, send email updates for the week gone by and so on.

Cons

Can add geography based updates with is automatically detected through the network, for instance if a person moves from UK to US it should just automatically detect the location and share the updates.