ThunderTix

4,7 (204)
Ticketing software for the performing arts

Sergio G.

Easy Interface. Easy to Setup. Reliable & A+ Professional Customer Service.

Reviewed on 2016/02/24

I enjoyed the overall experience. What was great about ThunderTix was a combination of two things, dependability and customer service. Whenever I had a question they answered it either by phone or email in a timely manner. They were also very thorough as to what you cannot and could do. With much creativity and flexibility there isn't really much you cannot do with their ticketing system.

Pros

It's affordable with its different ticketing plans, and you are not stuck paying an outrageous percentage of your sales.
*Customer Service
*Dependable
*Automated Pre-sale system
*Automated Post-sale system
*Works on smartphones and tablets with easy.
*Promotional tools.
*Easy simple buttoning system even low tech Church volunteers of an elderly age were able to operate.
*SSL Encryption on their end.
*Works with multiple merchant portals

Cons

I am not really sure. They seem to even be concerned about quickly changing their system to benefit you from their open customer support page. You can see what the customers complained about, and even how they solved it. It was freaking incredibly risky, but also awesome to see how they fixed it. So if there are issues which I did not experience, they probably won't last too long.

Renae R.

Simple, Straightforward Ticketing with Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2021/12/02

The experience has been very positive over all. I find that other ticketing software I have used make it possible to do everything and impossible to do anything. They get so bogged down in customizability that it makes it very difficult to make the most basic thing a ticketing software needs: the ability to sell tickets. Our organization is a small, 100% volunteer community theatre. Without staff, using a software that has a million bells and whistles but takes months to master just wasn't an option for us. ThunderTix was immediately very easy to use. Once I did about an hour's worth of set up and purchasing, sent in our seating map, and uploaded our contact list, everything was really straight forward and intuitive. Not to mention, for moments where something might not be as clear, there's a unique amount of amazing documentation and videos provided by the staff that make it a lot easier for our volunteers. Their support is awesome and they take recommendations and bug reports really seriously. It sort of has a "local business" feel to it.

Pros

ThunderTix is cost-effective compared to other options on the market. It's easy to use with intuitive and thoughtful configuration. The design is empathetic and prioritizes access in a way that is refreshing for ticket software. The support is outstanding and their documentation is comprehensive. Our customers think the process is seamless and clear, and we have had no reports of a negative customer experience to date.

Cons

Support is awesome, but figuring out how to contact them can get convoluted because it's clear they want to lead you to their truly excellent documentation first. That's fine for "how do I" style questions, but makes reporting bugs pretty difficult. When we were setting up ThunderTix, it kind of felt like we were paying for every little thing: venue configuration, having reserved tickets, purchasing our POS equipment, etc.-- we didn't feel misled by the indicated pricing on the website, though, simply because those are primarily one time expenses.

Bizzabo, accesso ShoWare and Tix

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

Vendini was acquired by AudienceView, and they bumped up the cost astronomically during the acquisition. Also, I was formerly a box office manager as a profession and I worked in AudienceView Unlimited. I knew it was overly complicated and would cause many headaches for our volunteers, so I wanted to try to streamline while also saving some money as well.

Reasons for Switching to ThunderTix

Cost and simplicity were our biggest determining factors. We enjoyed the trial and the sales rep we worked with was very kind, helpful, and wasn't at all pushy.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I love the fact that you find our system easy for volunteers to use, Renae! Our design team spends a huge time on little things to make it easy.

And how about those support reps? They are anything but unsung heroes to our clients, and I know they'll appreciate your words. So, thank you!

I'm truly sorry you felt dinged by small fees. We really strive to be the perfect price point for smaller organizations, so we obviously have some work to do to explain any extras. Some costs such as hardware of course, are required to be passed on to the customer.

By venue configuration, perhaps you mean the seating chart setup. We are looking at DIY processes to allow you to create them on your own, but we're not there yet. We'll keep improving areas for self-help to help small organizations feel confident in their choices.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and, of course, your stellar rating.

Denise D.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

ThunderTix Review

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

Thundertix has eliminated many of the issues that we were having with residents purchasing tickets. The process from announcing upcoming events to selling/purchasing tickets is easy for our staff and residents. The reports that we need to print are readily available and easy to understand.

Pros

ThunderTix is easy to use. Each month I am responsible for inputting our event tickets on line to over 19,000+ residents. This system allows me to get the information out to the residents ahead of each scheduled event and select a date and time for them to go on sale.

Cons

My only suggestion would to have a contact number for an emergency issue. The forum is great but if you need help immediately it would be nice to be able to contact a live person.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Denise, it sounds like you have quite a task managing events for enough residents to fill a small town! That's quite a task you have, and I'm glad to know we have a part in making you more efficient!

You are correct that we don't have a contact number, but that doesn't prevent us from picking up the phone during critical times. We're available 24/7/365, and if you are yelling "Fire!", we promise it's never to an empty room. So, while I hope you never need us in an emergency, know that we're here for you should the need arise!

Thank you for your great review!

Fine but not the best option out there

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

I feel like the biggest benefit is the price and the customization of the software. I would highly recommend spending quality time on the set-up to ensure you're using it to the best of its ability for your organization.

Pros

The customization is really nice -- from show details, customer reminders, and prices. The customer side of things is really clean and well setup.

Cons

The navigation can be non-intuitive, but understandable once you get the lay of the land. The biggest issue we've come across is the inability to delete or archive orders. Our group sales processes including deposits were always in jeopardy of getting really messy on the back end. Even leaving notes about orders that you couldn't later update would get irritating for the small space provided.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Thanks for your great feedback. We spent a bit of time this year trying to improve our interlinking to make it easier than ever, and our efforts will continue. We truly want to be the most efficient, time saving software.

If you have specific suggestions, I am all ears. You are welcome to write me directly, or you can create a feature request once you're logged in.

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

John P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Crash, Boom, Bang! ThunderTix Makes Noise!

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

For the value, we have found this to be superior for our use. We are very happy so far. On March 14th, our first event goes live. We have tested, tested, and tested. If the system holds up, we will have exactly what we expected...........a great solution for our ticketing.

Pros

TTix was one of many ticketing packages that we researched. It was mid-range priced, had a very nice cross platform web based interface. We especially found that the product was easy to use, and when needed, video tutorials were provided. They also have a robust help forum, and a support ticket system that is quick and helpful. They also offer a paid top tier support package that we did not choose. We also liked their pricing structure that allows you to move to a maintenance status for "off times". Lastly, we found that the integration with our current STRIPE account was seamless.

Cons

The added costs made us hesitate a bit. For example, reserved seating is a must for our venue. In this package, you must have them create the seating chart for you (at cost). There is a bit of a delay in this process, and other competitors allow you to create your own charts. They also charge for adding Thermal ticket printing. We found that odd but ultimately decided not to offer Thermal ticketing. There is also added costs for using their email marketing.

Eventix, Ticket Tailor, Eventbrite and Ticketleap

Reasons for Switching to ThunderTix

Web Based and Cross Platform Mid Price but High Value Great Support USA (Texas) Same Time Zone

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Thank you, John, for shouting out those accolades for us! Our support staff will certainly love reading your comments.

We realize that there are folks that might want to create the charts on their own, and one day we hope to offer that. Our design team is phenomenal, and they talk through the presentations with our clients to ensure we've covered every detail before ticket sales begin. Most of our clients appreciate that hand-holding, but we certainly can look at a self-serve model.

The self-serve model will be coming for thermal tickets, so should you decide to add that, you can avail yourself of our designer. (You can design eTickets now.)

Again, thank you for the fantastic rating!

Rick B.

Great Easy to Use Ticketing

Reviewed on 2022/01/03

Great to work with, support is rarely needed buy when it is they are quick to reply and take care of your issue.

Pros

Very easy to set up and maintain events.

Cons

I did not experience any difficulties setting up this system.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Rick, I'm glad you found your way to ThunderTix, and even happier you found it easy to use.

We think free trials are an important part of any organization's research. Sitting through demos can be tedious, but worse, you often don't get a real-world view of how it works for you.

We love feedback, so if you have ideas to share, please submit them to our feature request board. We'll notify you automatically when the idea has made it to development!

Linda E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Love building events with Thundertix.

Reviewed on 2022/05/02

I have been using Thundertix for about 5 years now and have been thoroughly satisfied with this event building software. Our Accounting Dept. appreciates the reports that I am able to generate for them.

Pros

Thundertix is very user-friendly and I love the efficiency in them answering your support requests. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was especially helpful and did not disconnect until she knew my request was totally answered.

Cons

I do not have any negatives for Thundertix at this time.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I'm not sure who you spoke to Linda, but I'm going to try to track down the customer success member who wouldn't let you go until you were confident! I promise to put a feather in their cap, so they can wear it prominently the day through. :)

Now, I'd like to turn my attention to the areas you feel we could improve -- overall quality and value -- since these are areas we tend to brag on. Would you reach out for a quick chat with one of our team to share some feedback? We'd love to be the 5-star service you hoped we'd be!

Thank you for your review and the opportunity for us to improve.

Chris S.

Raymond Playhouse Society

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Pretty much excellent. All issues were dealt with in a timely manner and they really helped us out when we had to cancel shows due to COVID.

Pros

Very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Customer support was outstanding and extremely helpful.

Cons

We had issues with refunds and blocking seats.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Normally, Chris, I love to comment on the positive, but this time, I want to focus on the issues you experienced. Would you please let us know what happened with refunds or seat blocking? We try to jump on errors or problems immediately, and if we erred, I want to remedy that. Will you contact us?

On the flip side, I'm glad you've found our customer support to be outstanding! Please connect with us, so we can continue to demonstrate our customer commitment!

David F.
  • Industry: Music

ThunderTix

Reviewed on 2022/05/20

The software is pretty intuitive. There are numerous tabs to explain features. The very few times we got stuck with an issue, the customer service team was excellent. The response time was hours at most and the information provided was clear and concise

Pros

The Thunder Tix software enabled our organization to move from a very manual process to sell, track and compile data to a easy to use process that provides more information than we have ever had avaiable

Cons

We have no issues of concern . Easy to use and support was exceptional

Response from Thunder Data Systems

David, I've walked on air all day, and I have you to thank for it. What a great review!

To go from manual to automated is the key to efficiency, and understanding how the pieces of a complex and robust platform fit together intuitively is equally important. We spend a huge amount of resources working on those items, and it sounds like they found a good home with you.

Thank you for the kind words for our customer success staff. It's what they live for!

Thanks for your 10 out of 10 review!

Ann charlotte R.

A great product with great support!

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

It's been a great experience!

Pros

So far I have not found anything that we've wanted or needed to do that hasn't been possible with this software. We had to turn it on and use it very quickly once our theater construction was completed and, since I didn't have time to work through a lot of tutorials, I depended on customer support and they ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) came through every time with wonderful results. What use to be a headache of a process for our school shows and even some events, has become easy enough so that we can feel confident if volunteers are used in the box office.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. I have nothing further to say on this topic.

Gail E.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Make your life easy and make it easy for your customers.

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

I love having the ability for customers who want to sign up on line with a credit card can do so. They can leave a message easily and I know when they get an email.

Pros

I like after you take a few minutes getting reacquainted (we only use it once a year from Dec- May) it is very easy to navigate. I would not consider myself techi, but you don't have to be.

Cons

I would like to have more access to a live agent. When we started using Thundertix in 2014, I was able to place a call and get someone right away.
I do not have to wait long to get a reply now, but I am old school and like to talk to someone.
I don't like a "ticket" being used for anything that is charged.
ie. we have a golf tourn and i am using a "ticket" for golfers. I have tried to figure out how to not have this.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Gail, I'm so happy to hear that find our platform easy to use!

We keep two users in mind in everything we do: volunteers who may have little experience with software -- especially if it's only occasional usage, and those mature patrons that didn't grow up with technology. Of course, we offer lots of bells and whistles for the daily user or tech-savvy wizard to delve into such as APIs.

We'll never hesitate to pick up the phone for those items that are difficult to convey by phone, or when there significant concerns. For the majority of questions, we provide real human support, and we provide it fast. If you ever feel like you're about to hit your head on the wall, reach out, and let's see if we can connect by phone.

I've shared your great feedback with our design and engineering teams, so they recognize the value of what they do! Thank you for delighting us!

Glynnis B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Not for profit community theatre in Canada

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

Much more effective Reporting, ability to create own custom reports. REALLY appreciated being put on Maintenance Mode during pandemic. We get no assistance, and rely completely on seat sales. This allowed us to keep alive.

Pros

Setup and use is fairly intuitive, still need to refer to manual. Help upgraded, now most useful. Small changes to existing business processes, enabled streamlining and much more flexibility. Reporting much faster and more effective. Responsive to customer requests. VERY effective pivot to cope with Covid reality - thank you!

Cons

There are a few quirks, like the combination of Public Tickets in a Private event. And others. Read the manual, search the Help. You are most responsive to customer requests, so any issues are quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Brown Paper Tickets

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

Ticketing was much too expensive, we barely had any money over from a run to fund operating costs.

Customer recommendation.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I appreciate your feedback, Glynnis, especially with our response to Covid. Interestingly, some of those features we built to meet that challenge will stick around like timed seating and bulk refunds to a gift card, because our clients love them. (On the other hand, I hope that automated social distancing won't be necessary in the very near future!)

When I read "public tickets for private events", even I was taken aback! I then realized that for some of our clients, they want to set up an entire event but hide it from view by making the event private. So, the concept is definitely confusing but appreciated by those who use it.

I'm thrilled to hear you love our pricing. Most of our clients love that they can completely defray the cost of ticketing with a very small fee of under $1 which positively cannot be beat.

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Lauren B.

Customer Service A+

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

We have been using Thundertix for nearly three years, and have been big fans of the software from the beginning, but their response to changing needs during the COVID-19 crisis have made us ThunderTix fans for life. The Thundertix team has quickly and efficiently continued to add new features that are critical during this time. The newly added options to bulk refund tickets to gift certificates and add automated social distancing seating charts are GAME CHANGERS for our industry right now. They have saved our staff hours of time and energy by implementing easy to use, effective features. Plus, they are in my opinion the absolute best bang for your buck that you can get in a ticketing software. They have lower per ticket rates than most of their competitors with superior service.

Pros

The software is incredibly user friendly. The low per ticket cost was the greatest deciding factor for us, but we have been wowed by their customer service and breadth of features. We are a non-profit theatre company that operates 10 small venues (sub 300 seats). Things we love: assigned seating, easy transfer and refund options, PDF tickets, unlimited user accounts (we have lots of ticketing volunteers), integrated email, offer to round up to nearest $5 for donation, bulk discount code creation, season tickets, pre and post event surveys.

Cons

We would like to see more versatility within season tickets, such as creating season or package tickets across multiple venues. We would like to see additional versatility with coupon codes, such as creating a code that can be used only once per person.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I read that Covid gave companies a chance to shine by innovating to help meet clients through a very uncertain future. Proclaiming you are ThunderTix fans for life suggests we took that idea to heart -- and succeeded! Thank you for recognizing the contributions our engineering team made.

Of course, pivoting took some wind out of our sails with respect to our product road map. But I'm thrilled to share that today, we support mixed general and reserved seating over multiple seat maps for season package tickets. Hopefully, as doors begin to open, you're enjoying those changes.

Your ideas help sway our direction, so please share your coupon ideas on our feature request board. I'll cross my fingers that they become part of our platform.

Thank you for your beautiful comments!

Melanie R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Thundertix is not just a software program - it is a community.

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Overall our experience is excellent. We are very happy with this product!

Pros

We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place. It is like having another team member in the office that you can go to and say 'this isn't working for me, can you do something about it?' And they say Yes - And then they do it!! This past Friday I contacted ThunderTix Support with a feature request and they had it sorted out by the time I got back to the office on Monday. Their team truly listens to what their users want. It is as though we are building the software together. You can tell the people behind the program truly care about it and about our business. ThunderTix is not just a software program - it is a community.

ThunderTix is constantly adding features (requested and voted on by their users) to give more value to the product. I love opening up the program and learning about the features and tweaks other users want to see and then to watch as ThunderTix takes actions on making those changes and updates.

Specific features of the software we like include: selling gift certificates online, integration with our website and with others like mailchimp, donation options on checkout, coupons, and automatic emailing.

ThunderTix was very easy to learn and also very easy for me to then train others on. And whenever I get lost I know that their Support will respond to my emails within minutes. Literally minutes. That's what I like best about ThunderTix: knowing that they have my back.

Cons

If I had to pick something - converting my monthly invoices from USD to CAD but really that's not an issue.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

The day we shared your words with our team, "ThunderTix is not just a software program - it is a community", we heard a collective sound of happiness. And THAT is what keeps us going.

We love to think of ourselves as YOUR team, and we work to try to solve problems outside of simply ticketing. It's what has our clients staying with us for over 15 years since we started.

Thank you for making our day!

Kirsten S.

For the New Employee

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

The program, for the money, delivers a fantastic product. It is dependable and most of what we want to do with it is available. Also, it is always improving with regular updates that make it even more robust and user-friendly.

Pros

As a new employee, I appreciated that, since the previous employee had already loaded it with events, I was up and running from day 1. I could navigate to what I needed and I could sell tickets without too much training. I haven't preloaded and posted a whole season of events yet, but I have added additional performances to existing shows and I've added the occasional event. Once you've done it, it is a fairly simple process.

Also, in the short amount of time that I have been using Thundertix I have seen multiple updates and improvements made to the software that were either beneficial for me or they were changes that I could see would be helpful to someone in a slightly different business or industry. The software seems to always be improving.

Cons

I don't like the coupon and discount limitations. For example, we can't offer a percent off the entire transaction, without manually discounting the purchase. Also, I am frustrated that I can't just call someone who knows the software well. The FAQ's are extensive, but if you aren't familiar with the vocabulary used within the system, you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what words to use for a successful search.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hi Kirsten!

Thanks for your great feedback about how easy it was to get started with ThunderTix!

I wanted to let you know that you can absolutely create a coupon to offer a percent off the entire transaction. Next time you create a coupon, look for the option that says, Select the manner in which your customers should use the coupon and choose, "Limit Usage to Once per Order". We also have a Coupons Video Tutorial that you might find helpful here:

Our support team is incredibly knowledgable with every facet of the platform, so if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us to save time searching through the public support forum. We also offer an option for phone support as an annual add-on to any service plan, if interested.

Stanley R.

Small Community Theater

Reviewed on 2022/02/23

Pros

Thundertix was easy to adopt because your Flexpass very closely resembled our season ticket process. So our audiences figured it out very quickly. Most of our patrons can use Thundertix without difficulty.

Cons

I still haven't figured out how to pull out reports on our clients to be able to set up databases outside of Thundertix to do comparative analysis with other information that we have gathered over lots of years.

Now that we are streaming, it would be nice to be able to connect with the streaming software so that we don't have to run two separate ticketing systems...one for in person and one for streaming.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hi Stanley! I'm thrilled to hear our process resembled yours. We perform a lot of research to figure out how our clients are managing events in the real world. We then try to model our processes from that feedback. It feels great for both of us when we have a match.

On reports, we integrate with Zapier which integrates with thousands of other applications. Have you explored how you might use a "Zap" to build those insights? Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have questions.

We also connect with Zoom in real time for webinars. Concerns around licensing and royalties causes video streaming to be a little muddy, so it's not something we're offering right now. However, that doesn't mean it's off the books! This is exactly the kind of research our team does to find those matched processes I mentioned. Again, feel free to share your thoughts with our team to add to our library of research.

Thank you again for your positive feedback!

Megan F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

ThunderTix is fabulous!

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

ThunderTix is fabulous! It is very easy to use and to put an event together. When we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgeable about every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

There are a lot of pros to it. It is very user friendly and easy to understand and put events together. Kinda repeating what I put on the first page: "when we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgable for every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone."

Cons

Anything I would suggest would probably be:
I wish there was an easier way to do "at the door stuff." I don't think I have researched it enough to know enough about it, but we would love to figure out a better way to run that more.

Also: We have had some issues with the "visibility feature." Sometimes if we had the visibility available until midnight one night, we had clients and then tried ourselves and it was already closed at 10pm so I am not sure if it was a time difference issue but there is always a slight glitch with that.

Then with the visibility feature. We would put the ticket link with our recital information but the visibility isn't open yet so they would get a blank page that says this is no longer working and then our clients would be confused. I am not sure if it would be possible but it would be nice if there could be a page that said this event isn't open yet or something that is a little more clear to them so they aren't so confused about that.

Leona R.

ThundertTix Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Thundertix has boosted our ticket sales for all events. It promotes advance registration and reduces cancellations, changes and refunds. However, having those options available in the system has made it easier for us to maneuver changes when they must be made. Our customer love the ability to do things on line from home, yet have the ability call or stop in & we can make the reservations for them.

Pros

The customer service is superb. We love the ability to have multi level tickets, ticket discounts & the ability to customize tickets in detail. Love the reserving ability for seats and that it is controlled by us and not the public. Appreciate that you allow us to add in cash or check sales to keep track of all sales for an event. It has made our ability to account for an event at the end 100% better.

Cons

The inability to have a store for merchandise separate from adding to a ticket.
Refunds & exchanges to multi day events can get very confusing. Most for us in theater as people will purchase tickets & exchange for another show time. The money flow can be confusing when doing the books for close out.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Well, that's quite a glowing review, Leona! I'm glad you are enjoying the optional sales options to facilitate ticket purchases.

On the product side, we agree that we have an opportunity here to really go beyond ticketing! So this year we're embarking on a lot of improvements including the very feature you want -- independent product sales.

Thank you for helping us improve with valuable feedback!

Alecia O.

ThunderTix for the Win

Reviewed on 2022/03/16

I've been a Thundertix fan and user through at least 10 years and two different nonprofit organizations. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and her staff are phenomenally helpful and personable, and the software itself is always improving. If you think of a useful feature or a shortcut and suggest it to them, it will usually appear shortly - unless they've thought of it first! Thank you Thundertix!

Pros

Aside from the user-friendly, easily navigated and well organized features, what I like most about the software is how it anticipates features you need before you even know you need them. The combination of tech support and responsiveness to users' requests makes this software essential for organizations of any type or size. Plus, they have a very active and responsive Facebook presence. And easy integration with our secure ticket purchase system.

Cons

ThunderTix is perfect for us, a non-profit in a rural community; our own technology needs to be improved to make the best use of ThunderTix features such as scanning performance attendees' tickets from their smart phones, which is becoming increasingly popular with our audiences.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Love the title of your review, Alecia! "ThunderTix for the Win" is exactly what we aim to do -- help you win back more time with ease-of-use, win more revenue by allowing you to add (or not!) a fee to your tickets, help customers win by keeping any fees low or non-existent, and win more fundraising dollars with automated donations.

We have some pointers on how to make scanning work best such as locking down your WIFI to keep it fast for your venue.

Thanks for spending the last 10 years with us!

Jason R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

ThunderTix was an easy critical upgrade at a crucial time

Reviewed on 2022/03/17

We had a service provider go insane on us, demanding unbelievable payments in an almost extortionate setting. I researched the options, limited by our resources, and determined they were many of the things that aligned with our company and its mission statement: Regionally based, woman owned, technologically current.
The entire conversion took only a few days. We were up and running with them in less that a week and have NEVER missed a single event.
They have PERSONALLY reached out to us multiple times for feedback, concerns, and ideas. We have not been unhappy about a single thing technologically or as a customer.

Pros

It has been a very easy, extremely reliable tool that I can take completely for granted.

Cons

The price is competitive, but they are being forced to follow market costs. While the features expand, the price has to. We have not had need of the more advanced features, but a more advanced company/user would definitely benefit from them immediately.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

In general, being taken for granted doesn't generate feelings of positivity, but we love it! When you don't really notice our software, we know we're doing things right -- like letting you work more efficiently.

Inflation is the highest it's been in 40 years, so I'm glad you feel we've remained competitively priced. We believe we are priced better than any other professional platform.

Interestingly, Jason, we feel like some of the smallest organizations have the most to gain especially around efficiency. Automated round-up donations for easier fundraising, automated email reminders and post-event surveys, and so much more. If you want to learn more, please reach out to our fantastic staff, and they'll share some tips.

Thanks for you fantastic review!

Todd H.

The Best Online Ticketing Model

Reviewed on 2011/03/10

When we selected ThunderTix they were the only online ticket service that we could find that did not charge a 'per ticket service fee' to our customers. That model was vital to our selection as we do not believe online ticketing should be cost a premium over walk-ups.

We knew that ticket fees never come down at other online ticketing providers, with some now charging over 50% of the ticket face value as an additional fee (ex. $15/ticket + $8.15 service fee).

ThunderTix remains an ever-improving system that we continue to believe is the right model for online ticketing. Our patrons want the cost of ticketing to be part of our theatre operation cost.

We would love to see the company add CRM and e-mail marketing modules to the back-end to allow management of more than just our ticketing. Patron/donor/volunteer mgmt tools would be a plus for this product in the future to compete with other new CRM/ticketing solutions that are still adopting the per-ticket-service-fee model.

Pros

#1 - No added/rising fees to our patrons!
Improving interface
Customized
Compatible with Authorize.net
Reasonable cost
PDF Ticketing
Easy to train
Reliable and Available

Cons

Reporting still being developed/enhanced
Better testing and version control has been requested
No real-CRM capability for patron management/history
Development seems focused on "new" features (i.e. Facebook integration) more than refinement of existing features (i.e. reporting)
Error codes are confusing to patrons when transactions are not going through
Transaction/Administration speeds varies (system tweaking is needed after most iterations)

Response from Thunder Data Systems

A lot has changed since 2011 -- In February 2014, ThunderTix rolled out a full CRM for patron management. It includes complete patron purchase history, donations management, robust filtering to report on multiple levels of customer data. All error messages that a patron might see during the purchase process have been modified, all order data saved on a declined transaction, and all fields with problems highlighted in red to make it very clear to the ticket buyer what needs to be completed and/or corrected. We moved over to the cloud in April of 2012 and since then have more than quadrupled speeds for page load time. ThunderTix is now in the 97th percentile of web-based software applications in terms of speed. This week, ThunderTix is going to be rolling out a direct email marketing tool that connects with MailChimp. Mailing lists are automatically updated with new subscribers direct from ThunderTix and emails to various lists can be directly emailed from within the ThunderTix login.

Randolph S.

ThunderTix Gets It Right The First Time

Reviewed on 2011/12/29

ThunderTix is the absolutely the best online ticketing system I have found to date. There were a number of companies which pitched their products and we tried a number of them. Ultimately none of the competing products were as simple to use or as well suited to our needs.

I can honestly say that ThunderTix made a lifelong client in our organization, due in no small part to the communication skills of both Stacy and Dawn.

Did I mention the one time fee for festivals?? If we looked at nothing else, ThunderTix wins our business hands down.

If you are considering online ticketing or are looking to switch from another company, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with ThunderTix!

Pros

To begin with, this was the first time our organization has attempted to sell tickets online. Our experience with ThunderTix was almost exclusively positive.

1) They are exceptionally easy to work with and provide outstanding customer service. I honestly can't say enough about this. Our questions and comments were many times responded to within minutes. Stacy and Dawn are both extraordinary problem solvers and are very pleasant to work with.

2) The system just works. While we had a few minor hiccups (see cons), the ThunderTix staff were able to resolve them very promptly.

3) They are constantly adding new features. Over just the few months (January to April) we worked with them last year, they may have doubled the number of features / options within the system. This indicated to us that they genuinely care about their product and aim to constantly improve it.

4) One time fee. This was crucial for us as any percentage of ticket sales adds up quickly.

Cons

While there isn't much I can say in the way of cons, I will list the one minor annoyance we had (has been resolved though) when using the system.

1) The manor in which ThunderTix integrated with out payment processor (Authorize.net) resulted in an occasional double charge (very rare) and some error messages which were difficult for our customers to interpret.

As I mentioned above, I have been told these problems have been corrected. I only list them here in the interest of completeness of this review. We fully intend on using ThunderTix in 2012 and I will update this review if possible.

Jessica H.

I Heart ThunderTix

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

My overall experience has far exceeded my expectations. I have never under any circumstances had the level of attentive and courteous online customer service like I have received from ThunderTix. The customer support has been outstanding and I can't say enough great things about the immediate responses to questions, informative answers, and above all the courteous nature of each and every representative i've worked with thus far. I must add that this outstanding customer service started from the moment I opened a live chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and has continued with each and every time I reach out asking for assistance.

Pros

As an organization we needed a platform that would allow our attendees select their ticket price option as well as their seat location at the venue. Before finding ThunderTix, I researched and contacted over half a dozen different platforms that either offered one or the other but not both!!

Cons

Although ThunderTix has provided nearly everything we need, the only con I have is not visually seeing the current seats available from the seating chart. With 70 tables and 700 seats it has been a little difficult for users to determine available seating by being required to hover over each individual table to see how many seats are left. The hover feature is a nice option if registering from the computer. But if registering via mobile device a user must click on each table individually before seeing how many seats are left.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

What a difference a day makes, Jessica! When you had your chart built, our table layouts were new. Today, we have beautiful, responsive seat maps that will work perfectly for you and your users without that extra click to see open seats. If it hasn't been updated, please reach out to our team to have it rebuilt at no cost to you.

Now, let me turn my attention to one of the most beautiful comments I've ever read about our team: "I have never under any circumstances had the level of attentive and courteous online customer service." I cannot tell you what that means to us, and I can promise you our team will be moved by your words. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you!

Robin W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Children's Ministry Registration Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

We use ThunderTix at our church to have parents register their children for Sunday Worship service(s). With COVID guidelines we feel this is a simpler way to meet social distancing and the cleaning factor of our computer KIOSKS. Both the pre school director and myself like knowing who will be in each service so that we can plan our teachers and class sizes. Parents have easily navigated our website to the link for ThunderTix and have been able to register their children.

Pros

I like that ThunderTix lets us imput dates and times for our events and services. I like receiving the email notice that someone has used ThunderTix. I like that we can make it cost nothing or something again based on our individual event. I appreciate the easy use for our families as they register their children for our Sunday Worship services. I like that parents are able to include a message in their reservation if needed.

Cons

When I change my setting from Public to Private I have noticed some of our parents still register their children for our Sunday Worship and they think I have received the notice when in fact I didn't because I changed the setting to Private. So, on a few Sundays I have missed some of the kids whose parents thought they were registered. To avoid this I have left the registration "open" but parents still think it closes at noon on Thursday.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

There's a lot of good in your review, Robin but right now I'm focused on that little hiccup. I'm sorry if we had a bug at that time that caused a few parents to scoot their children in. Hopefully, it's fixed by now, and things are smooth sailing!

Connor J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Customer Service and User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Pros

Thundertix is fantastic when it comes to customer service, answering all requests in a timely fashion. It is also very user friendly! We have received several compliments from parishioners, most of them older, that it is so easy to select their seat for church.

Cons

No cons! Everything works well and the service is great!

Eventbrite and SignUpGenius

Reasons for Switching to ThunderTix

Thundertix allowed people to select seats and not just sign up for mass. If we had gone with just a sign up system, it would be more work on us as a team to seat people (between 75-100) in a span of 30 minutes. This takes a lot of responsibility off of us and allows people to choose where they want to sit.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

There it is again, "customer service"! Our support team revels in comments like yours.

On the other hand, our engineering team can sometimes be heard yelling, "Hey, what about us!" Well, I'll just have to let them know you're equally excited about how they built the seating to be so darned easy.

Now, they won't feel left out, so thank you for that!