Showing 203 reviews of 187

ThunderTix

Box office software for live performances

Showing 203 reviews of 187
Sergio G.

Easy Interface. Easy to Setup. Reliable & A+ Professional Customer Service.

Reviewed on 2016/02/24

I enjoyed the overall experience. What was great about ThunderTix was a combination of two things, dependability and customer service. Whenever I had a question they answered it either by phone or email in a timely manner. They were also very thorough as to what you cannot and could do. With much creativity and flexibility there isn't really much you cannot do with their ticketing system.

Pros

It's affordable with its different ticketing plans, and you are not stuck paying an outrageous percentage of your sales.
*Customer Service
*Dependable
*Automated Pre-sale system
*Automated Post-sale system
*Works on smartphones and tablets with easy.
*Promotional tools.
*Easy simple buttoning system even low tech Church volunteers of an elderly age were able to operate.
*SSL Encryption on their end.
*Works with multiple merchant portals

Cons

I am not really sure. They seem to even be concerned about quickly changing their system to benefit you from their open customer support page. You can see what the customers complained about, and even how they solved it. It was freaking incredibly risky, but also awesome to see how they fixed it. So if there are issues which I did not experience, they probably won't last too long.

Jonathan W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A first class, easy to use platform

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

First class implementation assistance and incredibly swift to react to any problems or issues that arise

Pros

It was very easy to integrate into our current websites and customisable to our use. It was refreshing to find a developer who allowed the customers to suggest improvements and we have seen it become far more customer friendly as it has evolved over the past 4 year

Cons

At the very beginning we had to adapt our requirements to meet what they could offer but they soon made changes to the functionality and it has become better each subsequent year

Kirsten S.

For the New Employee

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

The program, for the money, delivers a fantastic product. It is dependable and most of what we want to do with it is available. Also, it is always improving with regular updates that make it even more robust and user-friendly.

Pros

As a new employee, I appreciated that, since the previous employee had already loaded it with events, I was up and running from day 1. I could navigate to what I needed and I could sell tickets without too much training. I haven't preloaded and posted a whole season of events yet, but I have added additional performances to existing shows and I've added the occasional event. Once you've done it, it is a fairly simple process.

Also, in the short amount of time that I have been using Thundertix I have seen multiple updates and improvements made to the software that were either beneficial for me or they were changes that I could see would be helpful to someone in a slightly different business or industry. The software seems to always be improving.

Cons

I don't like the coupon and discount limitations. For example, we can't offer a percent off the entire transaction, without manually discounting the purchase. Also, I am frustrated that I can't just call someone who knows the software well. The FAQ's are extensive, but if you aren't familiar with the vocabulary used within the system, you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what words to use for a successful search.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hi Kirsten!

Thanks for your great feedback about how easy it was to get started with ThunderTix!

I wanted to let you know that you can absolutely create a coupon to offer a percent off the entire transaction. Next time you create a coupon, look for the option that says, Select the manner in which your customers should use the coupon and choose, "Limit Usage to Once per Order". We also have a Coupons Video Tutorial that you might find helpful here:

Our support team is incredibly knowledgable with every facet of the platform, so if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us to save time searching through the public support forum. We also offer an option for phone support as an annual add-on to any service plan, if interested.

John H.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Excellent platform for online booking; Top-notch and responsive customer service

Reviewed on 2017/04/06

We've been using Thundertix since 2011 for my busy sailing tour and charter business. Before we chose Thundertix, we thoroughly evaluated at least five other online reservation/booking software systems and found that Thundertix's combination of features, simple user interface , powerful back end for reports and pricing could not be beat. We are often approached by other competitors and have sometimes looked at other systems to see if we're missing anything and Thundertix combination of features and pricing (no ticket fees) wins hands down every time. The fact that you have total control over any fees (or not) charged to your customers is very appealing. When on occasion, we've had a suggestion for an improvement, we've often seen it implemented. If you have an issue you can get someone to respond quickly. They're all excellent. Thundertix is really top-notch.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to get new employees trained. Powerful reports for marketing and order tracking. Allows you to put all your inventory online and have just one platform for box office walk-up, phone and online bookings. Seamless. The online question and answer section is excellent.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

Craig Y.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

This our 6th year with THUNDERTIX, they have THE best ticketing software service around

Reviewed on 2017/08/26

It's friendly user interface for both vendor and customer, makes buying tickets easy to administer, even for casual internet users. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Pros

The interface is very customer friendly, is graphical, and easy to set up. Customer Service is quick, personable and very helpful. THUNDERTIX doesn't stand on its laurels, and each year a new addition, refinement, and addition to make our lives easier. As a 501C3 Organization with one event that funds our entire year's budget, we simply cannot have a problem. THUNDERTIX COMES THROUGH FOR US, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Cons

Initial set up fee to integrate our theater venue into the software was a bit expensive, but amortized over a period of years, it's been a worthwhile investment.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Over the years, we have been able to streamline our processes around account creation. Today, organizations that run general admission events are able to get started with no setup fees! For reserved seating, we have a nominal one-time setup fee just to cover the time it takes to build the venue seating diagram and seats.

Universal and all-in-one-place

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Pros

My girlfriend and I go out frequently as we are located in an urban city and so using ThunderTix makes dealing with the whole ticket-ordeal so much easier than it needs to be. Everything is centrally located making it fast and easy.

Cons

Some of the features are a bit useless (TO US) and so it'd be nice to have a dynamic pricing plan; we don't use the gift card selling feature nor the event/reports feature.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hi there!

As I'm sure you know, our pricing (as low as 29 cents per ticket) is the lowest in the industry -- bar none, but if it isn't delivering the value you'd expected, then I'd love to learn how we can improve.

The gift card feature had an extensive amount of engineering around it to make it completely automated. We deliver eGift cards and track balances and redemptions. You can even automatically reward frequent customers with gift cards through our loyalty program. This is a completely optional program carrying a very modest charge of 1.2% of each gift card sold. We feel the revenue generated (25% of gift cards are not redeemed) plus the additional demand can be a factor in higher profits.

Feel free to write me personally, and let's discuss ideas.

Kimberly P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Not easy to navigate with a line waiting for you

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Easy to buy tickets but not easy to work the ticket counter for assigned seating shows.

Pros

Easy to buy tickets and have them resent to you.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate quickly when each walk-up transaction is different...some want to know there seats/print tickets, others want to buy, others are buying for a different show. You have to go back so many screens to start all over. I wish there was more drop-down menu functions to navigate in less clicks. I wish you could see a seating chart at any point in time via pop-up vs having to leave your transaction when customer asks a seating question.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hello Kimberly,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience is less than you expected. Let's see if we can turn that around!

Did you know that at the conclusion of every order, there are "quick links" that allow you to repeat an order in a single click? Have you tried our Calendar interface available from the Event drop down menu? This is a very quick way of navigating different performances. Some of our busiest tours like to open event dates in a new window to keep the handy calendar ready to sell any performance quickly.

I'm including my email address in this response, and I would welcome a conversation with you.

Cynthia D.

The bonus of this system is the customer service that comes with it. Knowledgeable,...

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

1. Easy for my customers to use. 2. Thundertix is always improving and upgrading the features to make it easier for me to use. They are organized to be very responsive to the customer's needs and feedback. 3. Cost effective.

Cons

1. I just wish I could do more detailed searches of the database. 2. I find the package feature hard to work with.

Rey R.

Happy customer from Hawaii

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

I have 2 events per year called the Stingrey Classic and Aloha Muscle. It is the largest bodybuilding, physique, figure and bikini contests in Hawaii which are both sanctioned by the NPC (National Physique Committee). Both events sell tickets online and ThunderTix helped tremendously by setting up my seating charts and allowing my customers to pick their seats and purchase with a credit card. I am not very tech savvy using computers and their system is user friendly for even a novice like me. The BEST thing about ThunderTix is their customer service! Again, I am not computer literate but whenever I need questions or concerns customer support are alway there to help. They understand their program like a CHAMP! I'm sure there is a lot of features and functionalities that I'm not aware of but, representative always give me suggestions to maximize and improve my business. I would definitely recommend ThunderTix!

Pros

The ease of using this program.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I am not fully aware of so I might be missing out on thing that might help me grow my business.

Jennifer E.

Can't beat the customer service - a company willing to grow with you.

Reviewed on 2011/02/24

I highly recommend this system. I spent hours and hours researching other systems and found that for our needs, Thundertix had everything, and was not overburdened with software/hardware that was excessive and cost-prohibitive.

Pros

customer service is top notch
problems are handled quickly and effectively
features can be added as needed, so you can grow into the system
does not require a service charge to customers
no complicated setup
easy to implement with multiple box office users
company will listen if there is a feature you want and see if they can find a way to offer it.
Have never experienced 'down-time' during our entire time using this system
almost immediate up-time after signing up
you can edit/add/delete events whenever you want or need to
interface can be operated on an iphone!

Cons

There's never been a problem they haven't solved with me, so I can't think of one.

Gina M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great product!

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Just love the experience/product - the price is very reasonable, easy to use!

Pros

Very easy to use the customer service is over the top!

Cons

I think all aspects of the software/system are very user friendly

Jerry T.

ThunderTix - A True GameChanger for small to medium businesses

Reviewed on 2012/04/13

I would recommend this to any event company looking for that cutting edge to help revolutionize their business. It was our first ticketing software type project and this was such a plug and play software that it made us look like geniuses to our clients. Thanks to the ThunderTix team for the support!

Excellent Customer Service
Easy to integrate into your website
User Friendly back end
Customizable
Plug and Play setup
Amazing Reserved Seating feature and mapping technology
Quick and easy checkout process
Continuous improvements from company to ensure always fixing any issues and capitalizing on new ideas from customers.

Cons

Additional options for other great features (i.e. scanning, design of tickets, etc are incur additional fees...yes, I was hoping they were free:)

Kim F.

Loved this system for our events.

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

Check-in Feature
Ease of payment
Calendar format for functions
Private settings was a great feature for small groups

Cons

Wish it had a separate POS system
Search invoices I bit tricky.
Set up was easy but needed to be tweaked a few time to make it work how we wanted it to.

Sonja G.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I found this software to be workable and easily tailored. The Customer Service is...

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Customer Service.! They answer quickly and most often with an easy fix or work around. I also like the way it looks to the consumer - clean, accurate, safe.

Cons

Some site limitations due to coding. I would prefer a little more latitude with fonts and styles. And every once in a while a little glitch or idea needs time to work through the sales team.

Nicole S.
  • Industry: Sports

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Awesome! The support is second to none. They ALWAYS get back to me quickly and always fix any issues I have.

Pros

This software is easy to use and very versatile!

Cons

If I sell a season pass and they switch seats I have to exchange every single seat instead of just picking another one for all the games.

Deirdre R.

Great product, great company

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

Great service, little downtime, lots of flexibility, terrific communication from the team, and very responsive to questions and suggestions.

Cons

This is not the least expensive software on the market. But you get what you pay for, and with this software you get a real quality product.

Joanna C.

Best in the business!

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

HCCC has used Thundertix for four concerts now - two concerts in one venue and the other two in our current venue. The setup process for each concert as well as for each venue was very easy. Customer service has been consistently excellent - questions are answered quickly and accurately. Our guests have expressed their appreciation for some of the features Thundertix offers, such as the reminder email for upcoming concerts. Leadership is looking forward to using the survey feature for our current concert in April. I give Thundertix the highest rating possible!

Katie W.

Great Features,Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/02/16

Pros: very user friendly, easy to set up, excellent reporting features.
Cons: Pages are a bit slow to load, cannot purchase different prices/days at the same time (unless all are general admission).
The setup was a snap and the ease of use can't be beat, but the load time does need to be a bit faster. It would be nice to do different sections/days/priced events in the same shopping cart also. But overall, fantastic!

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Thank you for notifying us about the slow loading of your pages. We looked into the cause immediately, and our found the problem and updated our code to fix the problem.

Thomas G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

The website was very clear to understand and the platform was VERY user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Pros

The issues we did encounter were mainly on our end but the tech support on their end always came through to deliver very easy solutions.

Cons

The feedback was through e-mail, which sometimes took longer than we would have liked. The response was always same day though.

Jesse M.

First time experience and still in the early stages of working with this platform

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

We had an experience with an online error in regards to customers being able to purchase and process payments and my account manager, Pam Mason, was extremely helpful in diagnosing our problem and providing the assistance and guidance we needed to help us remedy the problem. Pam was readily available, receptive to our problem, and solution oriented providing a high level of customer service which has really reinforced for us that we made the right decision in choosing ThunderTix for our event.

Andy H.

Old Settlers Days Festival

Reviewed on 2013/06/12

I highly recommend using ThunderTix for festivals.

Pros

The customer service was excellent. Had some questions/issues that needed to be answered after work hours and ThunderTix responded right away. The USB scanners were very easy to use and the software system worked well for our needs. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Customers had to do multiple checkouts if ordering more than one item.

Trevor R.

Excellent product with excellent service.

Reviewed on 2013/07/17

We had concerns about handling the high traffic we knew would happen once ticket sales opened for our event. ThunderTix delivered without a hitch. They had a representative available for us the day and time that tickets went on sale to help us personally with any issues that might have come up. They were even able to help us resolve an issue that cropped up last minute with our merchant services vendor. Thanks, ThunderTix!

Arliz T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It was a little hard to navigate through.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

The PDFs were clearly visible and I preferred those over the excel sheets which were hard to follow.

Cons

The excel sheets were hard to follow so I would just use the PDFs. I also didn't like that you couldn't delete files created by accident, or at least archive them.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hi Arliz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback!

We agree that PDFs are nice and clear, however, we feel the flexibility available through spreadsheets (summing and other math calculations and pivot tables) makes the latter a more valuable tool. That said, I would welcome any feedback on specific reports you'd like to see ported over to PDF.

Please feel free to email me, or you can create a feature request. Feature requests are a big driver of our future development.

Simone C.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/05/23

Not only was the sales rep patient and accommodating, the customer service agent spent over an hour making sure I set up my events and tickets properly so I could get the most out of the product for our specific needs. Such patience, grace, and a genuine pleasure to work with!

Shelley J.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great tool for tracking ticket sales!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

We used ThunderTix for a Harlem Wizards fundraiser event for the high school. We sold 3 levels of tickets, presale merchandise and meals. This app organized everything for me!

Pros

Easy to refer to often to track ticket sales. Able to run several reports for various forms of information.

Cons

Had to manually manipulate spreadsheets to differentiate totals of individual levels of sales.