Atera

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Perfect Fit for Many Scenarios

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

The learning curve for Atera makes it great for entry level IT personnel or non-IT users who need to support applications rather than PC issues. It is a perfect fit for application managers who need an easy to use, affordable tool to support a large or small flock of systems and associated applications and users. Tech Support is very good. Reporting is handy and functional. Integrated remote control is seamless one it is setup. Scripting is very useable.

Pros

The licensing model for Atera sets it apart from most other similar RMM tools. Each licensed technician can manage unlimited client systems. This alleviates the overhead of tracking your head count and makes Atera possibly the most cost effective RMM product on the market today. Tech Support from Atera is also outstanding providing timely live chat interaction. They have provided more than sufficient answers to what I perceived as complicated propositions. The Atera Support Technicians are polite and appear to have a fairly decent mastery of the product.

Cons

Patch management is a little clunky and the Atera agent does not always restart on its own when the PC is restarted. There is a fix for this, but that fix should not be necessary for this type of product. Its a fairly manageable inconvenience. Client system naming can get off track, but is also not hard to fix.

Response from Atera

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal Ateran!

Glad to see that you are getting the value for money with our all-in-one Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution and that you found onboarding to be easy.

We will definitely let our Support Team know that you've had a great experience - it will make their day

Bhasker

Cost effective product

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Better than our old RMM specially with cost and features that is offered.

Better than our old RMM specially with cost and features that is offered.

Pros

First most thing I like is easy to access all the features without any complicated menus. Deploying the agent using command line options helps me to rollout for mass deployment. The splashtop is fast and easy to connect that also gives you the messaging option on the top instead of going through manage> chat. Connecting to remote is faster than the other RMM we used before. Their chat support is instant, i never had to wait for more than a min anytime i try to contact support

Cons

Lot of times the chat from the manage option will not work. I would like to have the feature of searching by custom field we create or to generate reports using custom field.

ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Solarwinds is expensive and complicated to use.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

cost wise and we are not deploying to a enterprise level, we are a small scale only.

Response from Atera

Bhasker, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see you enjoying so many of our features! Custom fields can be used in a search from either the devices or the tickets view, and we have recently made it possible to display/export custom fields using the API, which has been a requested feature for a while. This should save you some time in optimizing your workflow and finding out what you need faster.

Moshe

Atera is for small environments

Reviewed on 2023/03/19

Nice GUI and that's it.

Nice GUI and that's it.

Pros

As soon you have more than a thousand devices it's time to switch away

Cons

Patch management is not working properly

Brian
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Substantiated and unrivalled Remote Monitoring and Management Tool.

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

Pros

I like how it's simple to streamline, automate and manage entire IT operations and infrastructures with Atera.It provides remote support to our clients in real-time.It is simple to access,view and control our networks and devices remotely using this tool.It is very secure tool to use.

Cons

So far so good as this tool runs smoothly to deliver great performance thus nothing to complain.

Rich

Highly recommend Atera

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

Pros

Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to and analyze. The support ticket system is quick and easy to use as a technician and it's great that customers just have to send a simple email to create a support ticket. Atera Reports are great to create and send to customers to show what is happening behind the scenes. Remote connection to customers' computers is another feature that works very well. Connecting remotely to my customers' computers is quick and easy. No messing around with codes or having customers download and install extra special software.

Cons

Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

Aziz

Atera Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Samanage and Logmein Central were a more expensive alternative. Logmein was also raising prices. Atera was able to replace both products.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.
Adam

Great RMM solution for standalone business with multiple locations.

Reviewed on 2022/12/19

We needed a RMM/remote connection solution for in-house IT ticketing and helpdesk for a growing eye care/healthcare/eye surgery company with two technicians, 8 locations, some in-house server/data management, and nearly 500 endpoints/workstations. Atera has been great to cover all those needs.

Pros

To be honest, the price is what caught my eye first. I assumed that when you pay less, you get a lot less, but that is NOT the case. Atera does exactly what we needed, and we don't feel like we are paying for option we don't even use. Solid reliable service.

Cons

Very few minor issues that aren't even worth mentioning.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

At first, price. However Atera was very full featured and well developed which was a pleasant surprise.

Response from Atera

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review of Atera. Happy to hear that you came for the price, but stayed for the value you found in the platform!

We hope that Atera continues to fill your needs as an MSP.

Josh

Great software that keeps getting better!

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

It's a great product at a great price. I hope they keep improving and listen to the community that uses it!

Pros

It's easy to set up and use. All the features are there and they keeps adding more and fine tuning the experience.

Cons

The only thing that has been frustrating is the lack of multimonitor support in Splashtop (the main remote connection software). This feature is available in the regular version of Spashtop, the community has requested it numerous times but it still hasn't been implemented.

Response from Atera

Hey Josh,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Happy to hear that you find Atera easy-to-use, and like the continually added features!

Regarding multi-monitor support, you are able to do this with AnyDesk which is available on our Growth and Power subscription plans!

Keep enjoying Atera, Josh!

Benjamin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Helped us dramatically streamline IT Support

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Pros

Atera helped us dramatically to streamline our IT support, remote administration, system health monitoring and system automation. Giving us insights that were only possible with physically having the machine within our network before.

Cons

Additional Atera features are only available as an additional subscription.

NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Pricing and additional value with discounted 3rd integrations.

Response from Atera

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. So great that the platform has helped you streamline your IT support, thats our goal!

Regarding new features being available for additional subscriptions, this is a company decision. However, you are always welcome to reach out to [email protected] to give us this important feedback.

Mark

For a one man company it is great.

Reviewed on 2022/12/27

Pros

I can do most everything I need with this software and an email account.

Cons

The "free" remote access can be a challenge. AnyDesk sometime just doesn't work or acts weird. Splashtop wants to install printers all the time. Neither is terrible and between the two I can get the job done.

NinjaOne and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Logmein was just too expensive because of their business model. Ninja One looked good but I really didn't have the time to try it out properly and it didn't look that much better to justify making the time.

Response from Atera

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. Its great that you can do everything you need all in one place!

Regarding the issues you have experienced with the remote access tools, please reach out to support to make sure everything is functioning properly.

We hope you continue to enjoy Atera, and know that you can expand your business with our platform.

Grant
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Atera provides great value for the money

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

I've used Atera for almost six months and couldn't be happier. Very feature rich, and frequently adds helpful updates. A nice gui and a strong search engine make it easy to use. Patch management much more effective than my previous product.

Pros

A pleasant gui and easy navigation are standout features. The strong search engine is very helpful.

Cons

Some of the helpdesk is a little confusing and we're still getting the hang of it. Until it's tuned, it can be "noisy" with alerts.

Kaseya VSA and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera

n-able could be a little too complex, and the per-agent licensing was getting very expensive. In addition, one of our techs accidentally deleted a location and there was no way to recover it.

N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Can't beat the integrations and the per-user pricing.

Response from Atera

Thank you for the kind words, Grant!
We put a lot of work and effort into the GUI and seamless usage of Atera, and we are glad to see that they are being noticed.

Avi
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Atera RMM

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Overall, my experience with Atera is over 3 years, and I would say, I can't accomplish some stuff without Atera. Atera as RMM makes very easy and convenient solution for MSP

Pros

I like reliability and access to management console everywhere

Cons

When install the helpdesk client , even after registration, after a day its kicks out a a session and asks for user to register again

ConnectWise ScreenConnect, TeamViewer and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Price play a lot , and capability for a software

Response from Atera

Hi Avi,

Thanks for the review. Great to hear that you find Atera reliable and accessible from anywhere.

If you are having issues with the helpdesk or customer portal, please reach out to support so that we can fix this for you ASAP.

Hope Atera continues to be as essential for you as it is now.

Robert
  • Industry: Wholesale

Makes my life easy!

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Extremely positive. Their support is excellent and they are very willing to listen to feedback.

Pros

For us it is all about problem alerting and remote management both of which work extremely well for us. I also use (lightly) the patching tools.

Cons

I still find the patching and scripting tools to be a bit of a bother. My biggest complaint is the patching tool that does scheduling does not seem to pick up machines "after the fact" if they are not online when the schedule fires. The tool itself works well, it is the scheduler that seems to have issues.

Howard

Great product with improvements rolled out monthly

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Pros

Deployment through Group Policy is VERY easy as the installer is a very small MSI.

Cons

Management for non-windows based machines is till not great. Mac OS deployment is very clunky and manual. Linux agent does not yet exist, but is apparently coming. Manually adding SNMP objects is still very clunky. The device layout screen is not customizable and looks like a wall of text. Atera has said these changes are coming, and their follow through this year on promised features vs deployed features is pretty good. So I'm optimistic this will be in place soon.

TeamViewer, N-sight, NinjaOne and Pulseway

Reasons for Switching to Atera

The per-user price point was good, and makes this a much better value than a Pulseway that charges per device. The free month gives you a good opportunity to evaluate it and shows that this product is a good value.
Paolo

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great.

We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

Kaseya VSA and Datto SIRIS

Too expensive.

N-sight

More user friendly
Sean
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Atera, Dump the other options Pay per technician ONLY instead of paying for having too many...

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

It made it possible to support my company during covid, without it there would have been chaos as so many of our users were using their laptops at their desks from their hire date some of them didn't even realize they were using laptops with docking stations and monitors. Atera allowed us to assist without hinderance.

Pros

Our MSSP at the time had encouraged us to try to buy ConnectWise from them the bill was going to be 160k, this is because we have many stable systems and our users change very little across the network so we had 3 techs and 500 computers. Atera charges by the tech and gives you unlimited devices meaning our 160k bill which we Absolutely needed to have was converted to about 8k by changing from Connect-Wise to Atera.

Cons

It forced me to learn to script because I now have the ability to deploy a script remotely on all devices, This is because Atera can reach any device connected to the internet, even when our users are not on our local network. I can still send command prompts or PowerShell commands individually but to really be able to maximize the function I had to learn to put a script into Atera with an MSI upload (since our devices are not always in the local network i am no longer forced to wait till they connect to push out a GP update) to run an install across all 600 of our devices at once. I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise though.

Response from Atera

Hi Sean,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review for Atera.

We are happy that you like our pay-per-tech pricing model, which allows you to scale and have unlimited end-points.

It is also great that you have learned to script, although this was probably some work in the beginning: a real "blessing in disguise," as you said.

Kaine

My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace.

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Pros

What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance.
Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice to have in general, as with the remote support integrations, it can be utilized to remotely access (via integrated Splashtop for FREE) specific machines as well, while still avoiding that "per device" fee.
The integrated ticking system is quite convenient as well. It saves from having to purchase third party software to handle similar tasks (which are required by most RMM's nowadays.)
Overall, my business currently relies on Atera for a multitude of tasks, which it performs very well at.

Cons

The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

Great Platform for MSPs

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

Atera has been great and my company has been through most all of the big name PSA/RMM combos. It was easy to setup, easy to use on a daily basis, and they are continuing to add features it seems weekly. Lastly, the cost compared to the other guys is so low, I thought there had to be a catch...but there is no catch!

Cons

There are some automation options for ticketing and RMM that aren't available yet.

ConnectWise ScreenConnect, N-sight, Rev.io, Zoho Desk and NinjaOne

Cost and features

Autotask PSA
Frank

If you want a good RMM

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Great Product, only ever had to use support 2 times (in the early days), very reliable

Pros

ATERA is quick and easy to deploy and has been reliable from day 1 (about 3-4 years)

Cons

Some options are in a place where I would suggest is not logical, but once you navigate around it, it's ok

Response from Atera

Hi Frank,

So happy you find Atera a "good RMM," that is easy and reliable.

And while I am happy you have found solutions to your cons, I hope that we continue to improve to make your experience even better!

Thanks for being a valued member of the Atera community!

Donald
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best tool to break into the MSP arena

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

It has been 85% positive. It has allowed us to grow our business without bankrupting us in the process. It offers better than 80% of the features that the big solutions offer, at 10-15% the cost of the other solutions.

Pros

We love the white label branding and the assorted options to access our clients via multiple remote tools.

Cons

There are not as many vendor integrations with other MSP tools as I would like. It took us a while to find an outsourced NOC and Help desk firm that would use Atera.

Response from Atera

Thank you for the review, Donald! We are glad to see that you are enjoying using Atera and saving serious money while at it.
In regards to vendor integrations, please feel free to make suggestions on our features board, as well as functionality suggestions.

Jason
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Atera

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Support on issues and overall operation has been great to use so far.

Support on issues and overall operation has been great to use so far.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to have endless connections to review and use on the platform.

Cons

The reporting and integration is still getting alot of work and is getting better, but I wish it was more robust.

Response from Atera

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reviewing us! Glad that you find Atera easy to use.

Regarding reporting and integrations, we are constantly working to improve these. Continue to stay up to date by reading our release notes as well!

Hope Atera continues to help you run your business!

Cengiz

Atera offers high quality remmote support

Reviewed on 2022/09/24

Atera offers an advance infrastructure for our remote support requirements.

Atera offers an advance infrastructure for our remote support requirements.

Pros

Based on my experience with Atera so far, it is one of the best remote support platform in the market and meets all our needs.

Cons

That could be great if the session time of the free trial was longer and in pricing aspect Atera could have more flexible options.

Response from Atera

So happy to hear that you feel Atera is one of the best remote support platforms in the market! It is so important for us to hear from our satisfied customers to understand how we are making a difference in your IT life.
I understand your point about the free trial, however many of our competitors do not even offer trials. And our pricing is some of the lowest in the market! If you have specific inquiries about pricing, please reach out to [email protected].
Atera aims to make your life easier, and I am happy to hear that we are doing just that for you!

Darren

Atera saves your MSP time and money

amazing software

amazing software

Pros

It is always evolving and does what it says on the tin.

Cons

Some information would be useful without having to use the api

Response from Atera

Hi Darren,

Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. Happy to hear that our platform has saved you time and money, while evolving to include new features all the time!

Regarding any information you want, please reach out to support to see how to receive it. If you want there to be more API functions, you can add these requests to our features board.

Hope you keep enjoying our "amazing software!"

Flora
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The Thorough and Ponderable Remote monitoring Tool.

Reviewed on 2023/11/19

The ticketing system is easy to use.The software offers a very easy to use interface, userfriendly and easy to configure.

Pros

It is easy to exchange files with the software.
We can monitor more than one devices simultaneously.
It has an easy to use interface.
The customer service is the best.

Cons

It has been well so far and no problems experienced with the software.

Response from Atera

Hey Flora,

It's fantastic to hear that Atera has been meeting your needs so effectively!

We're thrilled that our customer service has made a positive impression on you. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're dedicated to providing the best support possible.

While it's great to hear that you've had a seamless experience with our software so far, should you ever have any suggestions, questions, or encounter any new needs in the future, please feel free to get in touch. Your feedback helps us maintain and improve our service standards.

Thank you for choosing Atera and for sharing your positive experience!

Tom
Tom

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

We have asked for enhancements and another report for client SLA reporting. They have been good in walking us through setting up the self serve portal and an additional SLA report.

Pros

We came off of a much expensive RMM tool. Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons

Since the time we started with them they have expanded their integration to billing and added an app that we can use. You get what you pay for and we are getting a lot more value than we got with our previous tool.