Glip

Conversation platform for team collaboration & productivity

Greg A.

Glip needs to be on more people's radar... it's fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

Pros

After going through an extensive process where our company tested multiple project management platforms (Slack, daPulse, Asana, Wunderlist, and more), Glip came out the clear winner. The ease of use and the way the whole platform is based on conversations were the determining factors. We love the way Glip is really just conversations that you can turn into all sorts of actionable items such as file sharing, task list generation, etc. Easy to use, incredibly feature rich, and improving all the time. Glip needs to be experienced by more people!

Cons

Honestly, the fact that not many people have heard of it compared to some of the competitors that we feel Glip is superior to. Folks we work with wanted to use other platforms and Glip was something they just had not heard of so collaborating was a little challenging at times due to that fact.

Maksood A.
  • Industry: Design

Great Software for Businesses

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Overall the software is great for small businesses, lets you connect with your team and clients with easy sign up.

Pros

Easy to use. Comes with unlimited storage and messaging. Allows you to screen share and remote access. Able to add clients outside your company.

Cons

You won't be able to restore deleted messages or tasks once deleted. Not enough options to add lot of apps.

David S.
  • Industry: Printing

Glip has Revolutionized Our Workflow and Communication

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

Excellent messaging features, including practical things like tagging people, keyboard shortcuts, and inline attachment previews, as well as fun features like GIF's and Memes. Where Glip really stands out from the competition however is in its productivity features, and how easy it is to manage tasks, teams, notes, and calendar. Very versatile and accessible anywhere, as there are phone, desktop, and web apps all available. Vibrant, responsive community and support.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any drawbacks to the software at this time.

Carlo P.

A brilliant and powerful team messaging and collaboration solution

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Overall I have found it a great piece of software and has allowed us to collaborate much better and much more efficiently as a team - this is the Skype replacement we wish we found sooner!

Pros

Glip is very easy to use, as well as deploy. It allows many of us off-site technicians to collaborate and communicate, either directly or part of a team. The GIF implementation is also handy!

Cons

As I work on filtered sites (schools) I often have to unblock the URLs that are required for Glip, and some things like the GIFs cannot be unblocked as they dont align with school policies.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Glip also known as just RingCentral

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

Pros

We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

Cons

One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

Kieran M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Glip Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

During business hours, it is great for keeping on top of everything. As a manager, I need to be in the loop of everything that goes on in this building. Glip is a great way to be informed and have constant communication. It documents what has been said and when which is a great reference for any business owner. Let's face it, constant communication is KEY and utilizing Glip offers that.

Pros

Glip is an interactive digital communication system that allows users to communicate throughout facilities without ever having to leave their seat. I would recommend Glip to any company that has more than 1 department. Glip allows secure and confidential communication to a group of users as well as individual users for discretionary purposes.

Cons

If you sign up for glip on your phone, you can never REALLY turn it off. Messages keep coming thru regardless if you are signed on or not.

Ashlie P.

Fantastic Organizational and Management Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Overall the software has saved us tons in time and money being able to manage the different teams all in one place and easily communicate.

Pros

Easy to collaborate with a team AND keep all of my organizational and plans up to date, sharing them only with those who need access to collaborate. Very easy to organize as well. And very easy to communicate with other members of the organization.

Cons

I wish the calendar had the ability to have things recure based on the #th day of the month or by the #rd day of the week of the month, having more control over the frequency.

I also think they could make it more user friendly in terms of keeping files and such organized

Love this team messaging software

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

This is my go-to messaging software for teams. Not only is there a free version that you can use, it also has a calendar, notes, gifs, video conferencing and task management built right in. A great all-in-one team collaboration tool.

Cons

It can be difficult to navigate and learn at first, but once you have the hang of it is a daily tool to help you manage your day and communicate with your team.

Phillip C.

Very easy to use and a great way to communicate with my team. More fun to use than emailing.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Very easy to use and helps increase the communication with the team.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use and how it has changed the way we communicate in the office. Emails can get cluttered and missed, but Glip allows you to quickly get your message across to the team in a fun way. If issues are going on, or if we need to meet, Glip makes it super easy to communicate that to the team. It is instant messaging in today's world. We can even quickly share websites, attachments, and is mobile friendly.

Cons

It would be nice to have notifications come up if a meeting is organized, similar to a calendar invite through Outlook.

Logan W.

a fun easy chat app that has a few flaws

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

see above. fun and easy to use. fairly reliable.

Pros

its easy to use. Everyone loves to use it and can figure it out very quickly. The gif feature is great.

Cons

Customer support is pretty much non existence. If you don't have ring central you have to submit a ticket to them and it can take them days to get back. And even then they often do not have a solution

Eric L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Glip makes professional Instant Messaging quick and easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

We use Glip to quickly talk about important things where we do not have the time to sit aside to chat. We can share files, assign tasks, and collaborate in one setting instantly.

Cons

RingCentral just integrated RingCentral Phone with Glip. It was a little buggy at first, but is getting better with each update released.

Justin C.

Great tool for communication

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

Glip is great for boosting team communication. Glip makes it easier for everyone in our company to stay in contact and is much more efficient than using email.

Cons

No complaints about Glip. However, there are a lot of similar chat/messaging tools and Glip is just as comparable as any of the others.

Dan R.

Super instant messaging platform!

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

Glip allows you create chat teams and assign task in it, share large files and access it in three platforms - desktop app, mobile app and browser-based access.

Cons

Minor thing, I wish there was a way to edit team display picture or the capability to share screen. So you can aslo conduct meeting.

Obadah A.

Good, not amazing, Ux is reinvented

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

The Ux design is new, slide menu have all the things you need, system is fast, response to most commands is fast

Cons

I hard coded look, I would love to have to the choose to redecorate the application with my own colors and images , maybe have a shortcut menu on the main page to my fav files and notes

Danielle G.

Glip is great!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

The thing that I like most about Glip is that it is super easy to use. I like that you can easily share files and that conversation history stays in the window at all times.

Cons

I don't have have anything about this software that I dislike.

Mary M.

Good Messaging Tool if You Use Ring Central for Calls

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

I used Glip as a customer support representative to message, share files, and transfer calls with the rest of my team. It allowed us to collaborate on cases and make sure that we were streamlining ongoing cases. It made it easy to communicate, especially with remote team members.

Pros

The integration between Glip and Ring Central phones was very useful for my customer support role. It streamlined the ability to chat with the other customer support agents about clients and transfer calls. Posting links was also simple and helped with managing cases among the team.

Cons

It lacks many of the extra features and integrations that come with services like Slack. I don't think it's the best tool for companies that just need a messaging service and aren't using the Ring Central phone service as well.

Jae Y.

best messaging app for collaboration!

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

It has cut down emails within our team by half and increased our productivity with being able to see tasks and calendars in 1 spot.

Cons

Would like to see integrations with phones presence. I dont really have any draw backs with the software.

Igor K.

Don't underestimate

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

Something new with every release. Constantly improving functionality. New integrations every time I check. They care about the end users.

Cons

Could grow faster. Long time between the idea and implementation. They need to communicate better the future roadmap and let users to vote for the next big thing.

Stephanie W.

easy, intuitive, efficient

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

Glip is a lightweight piece of software that gives some pretty powerful collaboration tools. We use it to share files and communicate with another organization and it's been a life saver. It's great in a browser, iOS app form, or as a downloaded app for Mac.

Cons

Not much to say here! I had a few connectivity issues occasionally with the desktop application, but those have resolved with a quick restart.

Rj B.

Just as good as slack, but free!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Overall a much better application than others, in my opinion, the tasks feature is amazing as is the giphy integration. It's easy to build and maintain teams and makes workplace IM'ing as fun as it is productive.

Pros

3rd party integrations

Cons

The lack of "reactions" to comments

Chris H.

Glip - The new Slack?

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

Glip is a great product but it's so similar to Slack I wonder if they are rebranding Slack? Much like Slack you can create channels and chat with members in your organization and it works great for company collaboration. I like that you can setup private chat channels to discuss issues with company employees without sharing that info with everyone. It's great that you can search previous chats and find conversations that took place in the past.

Pros

Ability to collaborate with employees in chat channels specific to the subject.

Cons

It's basically Slack and Slack has a much larger market share. I wonder if Glip can break through?

Tresa M.

I love the ability to collaborate with my co-workers from anywhere.

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

Easy to use and great to assist with teamwork. Both the mobile app and the desktop app work well and help communication between teams.

Jessica C.
  • Industry: Wholesale

pretty neat chat box

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

It works most of the time, employees seem to like it.

Pros

This has cool social things like gifs, you can track the files shared in the chats, you can make check list .

Cons

It needs a lot of updating, sometimes it will hold messages and send them all at once.

Chuck L.

I have a very simple need. A toll free number that always rings in to my cell phone.

Reviewed on 2016/03/19

Ring Central provides an answer for my business' rather simple needs. A toll free line that is always forwarded to my cell phone and a way to distinguish incoming calls from the tool free number from incoming calls to my cell number. I do not have a need for the high level of capabilities the system offers but occasionally I have a problem I can't figure out. The representatives have been able to quickly understand what my problems have been and have been able to resolve them while I am on the line with them. I'm really pleased.

Vicki E.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Brilliant project management

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

Glip makes it easy for both the individual worker and the manager to assess tasks and workloads.

Cons

The design isn't particularly attractive or engaging.