Freedcamp

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

4,6
Eric Y.
Industry: Law Practice

Great (Unknown) Project Mgmt Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I use Freedcamp every day and love it. It is general enough to be useful in any industry, but it has enough features and functionality to be useful for specific industries like mine (legal) that have a significant need for quality project mgmt software.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Freedcamp plus it has so many features, it is hard to pick just the best one. I judge software, in part, on how much I enjoy using it. Is it useful, beneficial, or even fun to use? Or, does it leave me disappointed, confused, or frustrated. Freedcamp is a joy to use, and it helps me keep my projects on track as well as my coworkers. I am surprised it is not as well known as some competitors like Trello. It should be!

Cons

Freedcamp has some complexity in terms of customizing projects, groups, etc. It can be done but there is a slight learning curve.

Val O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great value and great features

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

The experience was really good, as I mention before the only hassle is the user and roles management. I was able to set up my projects right away and start to focus on he actual activities.

Pros

One of the things that got me using Freedcamp is that the free plan its actually functional in the long run, you can do a lot in the free trier, so you can actually spend time getting to know the software and exploring it.
I like that you can create as many projects as you like and you can change how you can view your project to suit the needs of that specific project. Adding task and sub task and changing the status its super easy. You just drag and drop. In general the projects are super flexible (you can add the modules you need for each project)and very easy to use.

Cons

The roles and teams are probably the only thing that's a bit complex, and how to manage that. I think there are probably to many and there are a lot of option sin how you can manage it, so that's what makes it a bit confussing.

Mustafa R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Freedcamp a great project management tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

A great product and fits all budgets with basic functionality kept free. And the power users can purchase advanced functionality as paid plugins

Pros

Freed camps Task management is very powerful. The free version doesn't have sub tasks option but it can be bought as a paid plugin. Also has time logging for developers and milestones which are very critical in project managements. The best part is these also are available in free version.

Cons

The time log export is a bit clumsy and needs some updates. The filters don't always work. At least on my Mac.

Sandra W.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

Freedcamp works for my business

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Overall I think Freedcamp is good for managing the design and marketing projects that I do for clients. It allows me to keep files, discussions, and other details related to the project in one place.

Pros

I like that I can do a variety of things in one place. I can exchange files with clients or subcontractors. I can start discussions with clients or subcontractors. Or I can use the discussion feature to make notes for myself. I like the timer feature where I can track the time spent on a project. I also like the tasks feature to keep track of what I need to do.

Cons

There are certain things I would like to do in the software, but I am not sure how to do them. I don't know if they are possible, or perhaps I need more training to understand how to accomplish them. One thing is I would like to hide the archived projects, so I don't have to scroll through them every time I am trying to select a project.

Response from Freedcamp

Hi, Sandra! You should know that it's possible to hide archived projects. Click your user name in the right side of the menu and select Manage System. Then, click the settings icon and choose the option "Hide Archived Projects"

if you have any other questions, let us know at [email protected]

Tom H.
Industry: Management Consulting

Extraordinary Value, Flexibility, Features, Support, UI/UX that keeps improving

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

My consulting, ops and support support teams (from 3 to 20) have been using Freedcamp since 2017. Started with the free version which was met earlier requirements and quickly upgraded to the Business Plan. The platform has consistently met/exceeded my requirements for the wide range of use cases that my company encounters as we help internal and external clients with all aspects of business and product launches, turn-arounds, and M&As. The Freedcamp leadership, dev and support teams have always been responsive, they listen closely to the users, meet promised release dates and quickly roll out fixes and improvements that match or are better than competing platforms and customer feedback/requests

Pros

Features and Functions that match or greatly improve upon other all the popular platforms I've used
Clean, customizable, well designed and easy to learn and use UI / UX
Very easy to deploy, onboard new users (internal teams, distributed workgroups, and contractors and clients)
Powerful and flexible for both experienced users & project managers (agile and waterfall) and for people with limited to no tech skills
Helpful and intuitive dashboard, reporting, tracking, drill downs, integrations with popular workgroup and collaboration platforms including Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc
Fast and continuous platform improvements
Cost/Benefit/Feature set offers a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

Cons

The CRM module is functional and usable, and may meet the needs of organizations that are seeking a single platform for project management, support, and customer contact management - but it's not as mature or feature-rich as many popular stand-alone 3rd party CRMs.

John N.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Freedcamp for Higher Ed IT Project Management

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

It just works and helps minimize the amount of communication overhead with team members when compared with other products. If you've used a social networking platform and a task list, you can use Freedcamp.

Pros

The value proposition for the price was outstanding. Core desired features are included without a mandatory subscription at the highest level. Licensing is also based on role and flexible use. This keeps operational costs low .

Cons

There is a lack of task dependencies/linking unless leveraging the highest edition if the product. Also, areas of the UX make performing bulk operations difficult (e x: mass assignment of status/priority/assignee)

Bill H.

Freedcamp Keeps Me Organized and Helps Me Get Everything Done

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Designing and Developing websites involves hundreds of tasks that must be completed for every site. The ability to create templates for this really cuts down on my workload. Clients are sometimes resistant to using it because they're not familiar with it but it's so much better than email chains.

Pros

The ability to create templates for repetitive tasks like developing and launching websites and marketing campaigns. Being able to let clients follow progress and provide feedback while also leaving some discussions and procedures behind the scenes. Being billed based on participation so I don't have to go in and shut clients and contractors accounts on and off is a huge time saver.

Cons

I think the image/file uploading feature could be improved. It isn't organized well and will often name a pasted image the same name as a previously uploaded image. We'd like to be able to easily include video in the process. It's possible now but a dedicated training area would be nice.

Łukasz Ś.
Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use and straight to the point

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I've been using freedcamp for over 3 years and set up home and my small business projects. Even inviting my parents was very easy and they didn't have problems using the software.
The interface is very clear and intuitive - you get exactly the results you expect. The calendar view is very useful to see upcoming tasks at a glance.
Also most of the interface is quite compact - no unneeded spaces allows to show more taks on the screen (save for mentioned "Add Task" field)
Overall I'm very satisfied with the software. It has everything I need without overwhelming me with unwanted features.

Pros

- clear layout,
- ease of assigning dates, teammembers and priorities to taks,
- helpful reminders
- mobile app
- layered task help to organize the project
- intuitive to set up and use.

Cons

- no second sorting parameter (sort by X then by Y). Unhiding completed tasks can lead to unsorted mess of a list.
- sorting by progress only sorts first task list in the project, the others don't sort.
- every task list features a large bar below to enter new taks. This takes to much screen real estate and prolongs the view of the project.

Alexander D.

My reasons - flexibility and a low threshold of entering

Reviewed on 2015/09/20

The first thing I noticed about Freedcamp was its flexibility. Freedcamp doesn't limit the number of members in the project, or the number of projects. It has limits though by features enabled in your projects. This allows you to have a piece of mind when you create a new project. You simply know it is free for any number of participants and if you will need a paid feature ' cost is fixed and is affordable. Any extra module can be purchased separately for the project at any time. If you need Invoices for a particular project, you buy the module. If you need Issue Tracker ' also buy the required module. In this case, you only pay for the functions needed at a particular time. Project is finished and you don't need it' Simply cancel subscription.

The second important aspect of the system is a low threshold of entering. It is hard to achieve, based on my evaluations of other system, but Freedcamp truly empowers my team and customers, educate them and show how such tool saves time. It allows to be more effective, work better together and gives us a competitive advantage because our journey with the client gives them new experience they buy. We just say: 'We are going to use Freedcamp. It doesn't require any special skills or special trainings'. Also, they shouldn't check Freedcamp all the time, they receive emails with all discussions and updates in tasks by email, including art work we attached. Freedcamp's basic functionality doesn't have any features aimed to specify type of business, being, in some sense, universal. In other systems, where they create vertical market PM tool (for engineers, marketers, designers etc.) ' language, UI can mislead and turn off clients making project a failure.

Personally, I also like ability to add new version to my attachments anywhere in Freedcamp. In my job it's very important, because it allows not to litter a discussion or a task with dozens of copies of the same image by constantly posting minor changes. Instead, Freedcamp allows simply add a new version to an old attachment, while retaining the ability to see all previous changes in a well done interface.

Of course, I don't want to say it has all I want to see, but feature set and design that exists now, and my conversations with Freedcamp team, which is always available and not only listens but reacts quickly for my personal bug reports and feature requests, leads me to believe that it will evolve to be an even better tool for me and my team.

Michelle C.

We used Freedcamp for project-managing our rural community-based fundraising event.

Reviewed on 2017/08/11

Pros

You can just jump in and use it without any advanced computer skills and your data is regularly backed up. It's just so easy to get up and going immediately. You can run multiple projects at a time.

The other things I really like about Freedcamp is the speedy, knowledgeable and friendly help desk service, as well as the ability to post suggested improvements in a public forum that other users can comment and vote on. It's like being part of a development team all working to create the best programme possible.

Also, Freedcamp kindly sponsored our non-profit community event by giving us access to all the add-ons at no cost. Apart from producing a wonderful product, it demonstrates a social conscience that is a rarity today. We are extremely grateful to them for supporting us.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a thing. It did everything we needed it to. I would recommend it to others in a heartbeat - particularly to small community groups that don't use project management software on a regular basis or have a large organisation behind them with lots of computer skills. This isn't to say it's not a complex and well-engineered product suitable for a wide range of organisations and businesses - simply that it's designed so that people with ALL levels of experience can use it.

If I had to make a comment on what I'd like to see with Freedcamp, it would be that it is more widely advertised online so that when people search for project management software, it's right there in your face and you don't have to go looking through lists of other, more complex and expensive options. :-)

Lisa B.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Freedcamp helps keep me on target

Reviewed on 2020/08/01

I used to believe I performed a task when in reality, I didn't. With Freedcamp, I keep track of what I did and didn't yet accomplish. When I have multiple projects underway, I can track them all, and have reminders to complete what I need to do. I'd be lost without Freedcamp.

Pros

After a stroke at 56, I needed a solution to make sure I didn't miss important deadlines and tasks in my job and freelance work. Freedcamp is easy to use and fits my needs. I could easily expand it to include other people. The learning curve isn't steep, and I keep adding projects as needed so I know at any point what I need to accomplish. I love using Freedcamp and recommend it often.

Cons

I know the paid version has additional functionality, but I'd like to add start and due dates for tasks and subtasks without the fee.

Geneva R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great project template feature

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Its been really good. Its saved my brain from swimming with endless to do sticky notes and put things in order. Really helpful product and they add features all the time.

Pros

I have many projects with similar tasks and I originally bought Freedcamp for this feature. It has worked great to keep many tasks and projects organized so my business runs smoothly.

My Admin staff love it too! Its intuitive and is user friendly, so people can get set up with minimal training.

The price point is very good too for the value and robust features it provides. Definitely worth a look!

Cons

Notifications! It has an option to email about every tiny change. But it is easily fixed in the settings.

Leonardo W.

Outstanding Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Pros

I've tested a lot of pm's in the last decade or so, lately from new kids on the block to stablished one's, and I can say, Freedcamp is THE best investment I made in my business.

When you open the tool, things just work, the flow just makes sense, and everything you need to manage a project is there. If you need more power, you can activate the add-ons, or if you have a simple project, you can deactivate them.

The bug-tracker is awesome, and it was a game changer for us, when you use it with the email in feature. It's possible to set an email per project, task, subtask or the bug tracker, and have everything within one dashboard.

Really awesome PM tool. My search is over!

Cons

Nothing I can point, this tool really have everything we need.

Laurence T.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Freedcamp is my goto task management tool. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I have used the free version of freedcamp for over 5 years and for a small organisation, it is perfect, easy to use and flexible.

Cons

No comment, I have no issues with the product at all.

Brooke B.
Industry: Design

I Love Freedcamp

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Freedcamp keeps me organized and I will continue to use it.

Pros

It gets the job done at a price I can afford.

Cons

I really dislike that there isn't the time tracking option on the mobile app for iPhone.

Anthony R.
Industry: Design

Similar Software Doesn't Compare

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

I like the ease of use of this product, from creating tasks to tracking time it's all very easy. Another thing I like that others don't seem to adopt is the task views, I personally like the Kanban view which allows you to mark tasks as: No Progress, In Progress, and Completed. Lastly, adding new users is a breeze as well as assigning them new tasks once they are added.

Cons

For my needs which is discussing tasks with team members and tracking time it suits me well. The only thing I might suggest is adding the ability to have another status for the Kanban view. Meaning the ability to add one such as "Needs Reviewed". I currently have great communication with team members but I'm sure this would help for bigger teams.

Jon B.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Over the past couple years this platform has kept me organized and able to deploy for my clients without any issues whatsoever.

Pros

I love that I can manage lots or projects effortlessly. The platform has a ton of features I will probably never use as I am a sole proprietor...but I know they are there if I need them.

Cons

Literally everything it does that I need...it does well. No CONS for me.

Angie R.
Industry: Retail

Easy to use and amazing value for the cost

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

I run 3 businesses and have 4 kids so it's essential that I can have an easy way to manage all the moving pieces in my life. I use Freedcamp to organize projects in all of my businesses as well as in my personal life. I can manage complicated custom design projects as easily as I can assign chores to my kids. The set up is clean enough that I frequently add a child onto a home project for them to complete.

Pros

Freedcamp is very intuitive to use. My favorite feature is that it offers so many ways to see your projects yet they still organize it in a way that's intuitive. I've tried SO MANY systems and have found most others to get overwhelming as they try to offer different views. Not so with Freedcamp - lots of flexibility while maintaining an easy to use interface - it's very easy to jump to different views right from the main screen.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about this software. That said, I do wish I could drag and reorder tasks from the task view. I'd also like to be able to bulk edit and move tasks more easily.

Nicole D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great for project management!

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

We've been using Freedcamp for around two years and find it extremely easy to use. It works well for managing our task lists for 20+ fundraising events per year across six chapters. They are continuously rolling out new features and an even better user experience.

Pros

This software is great for managing marketing projects at our nonprofit. It's easy to use and communicate through. We especially like the ability to email a project into the software and track the time spent on each project.

Cons

We'd love the ability to create a task template that other users can select and edit/create into a project. For example, when users are requesting a social media post from the marketing team, they could select that task template which requested all the information we need from them to complete that project.

Lisa W.
Industry: Education Management

Excellent experience

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

We have really enjoyed using it. It helps teams to stay on top of a project very well.

Pros

Being able to get reminders of upcoming tasks that are due.

I find it easier to find things that I may need to review in the future. Often when I save it to my Windows Explorer or make a note on it, I forget where I saved it to. With your software, I find it all quickly and efficiently.

Cons

At first there was a bit of a learning curve but nothing outrageous. Once you get the gist, it is sweet to work in.

Ignacio S.

Your choice for Project Management

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

its been pretty good, i try other alternatives but always keep coming back to Freedcamp

Fast overall
Mobile app is fast
how well organized is everything

Cons

i would declute some sections
i would like to have the option to hide what i don't need
in the task mode, the word [COLLAPSED] should not be i think the arrow on the left is enough, maybe in a learning mode it is ok for newbies
every addon paid or free should have a demo video

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good free tool but a bit complicated sometimes

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

The experience is quite good, but it's a shame that little effort has been put into improving the user experience and making the tool simpler and more effective for everyone.

Pros

- Lots of functionality even in the free version
- Organization by project and by group
- Ease of adding new members

Cons

- Not enough link between tasks, discussions and the calendar, which means that we are sometimes a bit lost to find some discussions around projects.
- Attachments are in a separate section and should also be better integrated into the discussion tasks.
- Notification options (email, etc...) are not clear
- Interface a bit complicated for a new user

Loïc A.
Company size: Self Employed

A great tool that I & my clients enjoy working on

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

I discovered Freedcamp while looking for an application to allow me to easily manage my projects.
As a freelance web designer/developer, I need to manage both my upcoming design projects as well as my clients with maintenance plans.
Freedcamp allows me to accomplish all of this and at an affordable price for a freelancer. In addition, the team in charge of the application is readily available, responsive, and open to suggestions.
What I particularly like about Freedcamp is its clear, simple and efficient interface.
This is particularly important for me because my clients are not computer scientists. I’ve used a variety of tools in the past to be able to say that it is quite rare to find a project management tool with a clear interface.
Based on my experience, many competing applications are complex to implement, and personalizations are difficult to access for non-IT specialists.
Is Freedcamp perfect? Let’s see! :D Perfection does not exist and will never exist.
Do I like Freedcamp as a customer? I love Freedcamp!
Lastly, I want to highlight that my opinion is completely free and not sponsored.

Cons

What didn't I like about Freedcamp? For not having developed it myself :p

Industry: Research
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy to use and flexible organization managing software

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Pros

Freedcamp is very inexpensive and easily adaptable to any organisation.

Cons

The frequent email reminders and its browser-based system is less suitable for me. However, it also has an application that would solve most of these issues. In my case, however, due to my organisation I am not allowed to install such software on my work laptop.

Mihaela D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

SZREDA review

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Great experience. I was new to the teams and the projects and the platform when I started using it and it took literally 2 days to catch up and to use most of its functionalities.

Pros

It is very easy to use and straightforward the moment you land on the home page. We manage 4 projects using this platform and all partners recognize how great the product is.

Cons

I miss mostly preview in browser mode option, when I have to quickly extract some info or check some details I would prefer to have the option to preview the document, and then decide do I want to download it.