inFlow Cloud Reviews

inFlow Cloud

Inventory management system for businesses

4.5/5 (417 reviews)
James D.

Very accurate and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/08/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This program is so very easy to use. However, the price doesn’t include some features that we really wish that it would. The fact that you can either have cloud-based or device-based is not a good thing, especially when it’s something so important. If we had an internet outage, we couldn’t use it. If we wanted to be able to use it without internet, we lose the app compatibility. We shouldn’t have to decide between the two; there should be an option that includes both, and many people would pay to have that.

Pros

I love that I can use images and add barcodes all in the same place. It is so easy to use and even easier to teach others how to use it. I also like that I can get reports on how many items we’ve sold and to whom. The apps have come in handy so often, because when we did an inventory check, we were able to go around using the mobile app rather than having to go back and forth between the computer and the shelves. This app made life a lot easier, and support was so helpful during the few times we had issues.

Cons

It’s a tad pricey. In order to get the mobile app, you have to pay. This includes permission for two people to use the program. However, this includes support, which is definitely worth it. We would prefer to also have the option to have the inventory stored on our devices rather than just in the cloud, but if we changed to the inFlow On-Premise, we would lose our mobile device compatibility. We would be willing to pay a little more over the already-pricey cost to have the option to have it cloud-based and on our devices.

7.0/10
John G.

It was a shot-in-the-dark to find, and try out this software. It handles everything you'll need! :)

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Made my job as sales representative, and inventory control, much easier and more accurate.

Pros

Once you get to find your way around some, you come to see that it's going to save lots of time, and redundancies, with regard to invoices, packing slips, inventory control. But what is wonderful is it gives you a trajectory of inventory, so you never have to worry about having enough stock, or the dreaded "too-much-stock" on hand. The tech support has been friendly, and precise, even waiting on the phone as I worked through the things that I needed help with. I used to be asked by my boss, at the worst times I might add, "How much stock do we have right now?" And I'd give a guesstimate, sometimes close, some times I was way off, as I had to answer right away. Those days are gone thankfully, as now at any given moment I can not only give an exact stock count, but I can tell if more is needed to order and how much. The neat part too, is you can put in your own trigger amounts when stock count sinks to a certain it tells you to reorder, and you decide how much. No more guess work!!

Cons

I wish the invoice templates were a little more striking in appearance. Just a little drab. Yes you can make your own but, a few more invoice template choices with invoicing would be nice with more life. That goes for the stock inventory as well. It tells the information, but looks boring. Just a little more lively looking reports would be nice especially when presenting these in company meetings.
Example: "It's like 2 Ferrari's, one with the body just primed, the other with a sleek polished competition race paint job. Both perform the same, but one looks like it means business."

Chris P.

One of the better offline packages I've tried, cloud based offering is coming along nicely

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Support for this software is very good, I never have a problem getting a response, and there is a user based forum that also has a lot of information.

Pros

I liked that it was affordable, did not require that you pay a monthly subscription (for the offline version) and that it was more intuitive than most I've tried. The new integrated barcode feature of the cloud product brings this to the level of $10,000 systems I have used in the past.

Cons

The biggest con with both versions of this software is the inability to handle multiple warehouses properly. If an item you have is in multiple locations, it treats those locations as different bins on the same shelf, so it will not tell you that you need to order more for warehouse "A" of there is enough in warehouse "B,C,D" to meet the min/max criteria. This requires you to use different part numbers for the same thing in each warehouse, which is doable but annoying when it comes to transferring between warehouses and labelling.

Belinda S.

Robust and Affordable Inventory Management

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

InFlow worked really well as an affordable inventory control solution with their one-time fee for a desktop version. Our client was a new industrial supply company with around 1000 items but very limited staffing. InFlow offered an unlimited number of inventory and sub-categories. We needed a program that was easy to learn with the ability to have real-time inventory counts, profit and cost of goods sold, along with sales quotes that could be moved into sales orders and invoices along with vendor ordering capability. Inflow provided what we were looking for in a desktop solution.

Pros

The inFlow Inventory program was quite easy to learn and compared to other inventory management software, really affordable. It also had the ability to integrate with Magento or Shopify for when our business client was ready to move into online sales and the ability to use barcoding. There were a number shortcuts in the program which was quite useful for a small business with inventory but with limited operations staff. For example, through the Vendor list, low stock can be identified with the Suggest Reordering feature. We found it was a fairly robust program for our small business client, but also easily installed, customized and managed with a fairly flat learning curve to run it with success.

Cons

The only major downside to the desktop version of inFlow was its inability to integrate with an accounting program. Although the reporting capacity gave all the information that was needed for management and financial meetings, the information had to be exported out of Inflow and imported into the accounting program manually. The cloud version of inFlow has this ability, but the desktop version did not. There was also no Mac version available.

Mark C.

It's the most comprehensive small business software I've come across with excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Better tracking if purchases, inventory and sales, pretty much important in running a business.

Pros

I love that it has all the features from purchase to sales and the inventory functionalities are comprehensive. It captures almost all of our business scenarios. It is really comprehensive vs all other software that we evaluated. I would say that this is the top inventory software in its class, before the big ERPs. Also, their recent strategy to move to cloud with integration to popular platforms has made the software more relevant, and made our business easier to operate. Finally, the customer service is really great. They do interact with all users closely and they listen to product improvement suggestions.

Cons

1) it would really really be a big productivity boost to be able to create sales order, review customer receivables/orders, and stock transfers in the mobile app or at least in the web app

Lot/Batch based inventory made easy

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Simply put, I love this software. Lot number based inventory is a requirement for us. We needed something easy to use yet with enough inventory features (as we have several warehouses across the USA) without it getting over the top expensive. Right now I'm running two businesses off of inFlow - one is on the premise platform the other is on the cloud.

Pros

Price - both on premise and cloud are really well priced
Lot/Based Inventory - it's not a native feature (they're working on it) but there are easy ways around it
Support - have had a few things pop up throughout the years (not many things, just been using this software for 5+ years so things are bound to pop up) and each time their support has been very helpful and quick to respond

Cons

I wish there were a few more features available - the cloud platform lacks a true ordering platform. They know this and are working on it.

Manny P.

Sales & Purchase made simple

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Software is one of my favorites for companies with no purchase order system.

Pros

Great for small companies who need sales and purchasing. Sales has records of customer quoted sales and purchases can see what to order.
Great way for a company to keep track of purchases and data can be exported to third part software. Purchasing software even has serial column for warranty verification of products. Was great for HVAC and appliance repair company.
Great software for company with no purchase order system. Can make everything paperless and user's can view inventory, content and prices with no license. User license is portable.

Cons

Software lacks year end inventory count reset. Reports could be better to show year to date expenses. I had a tough time getting year to date reports.

Nathan B.

Inflow Enhanced inventory Management For Free!

Reviewed on 2018/10/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I love this platform because of its robust set of functions, I do suggest using someone with experience to set up the software if hosting on premise. The cloud version is much easier but also not free.

Pros

Inflow desktop is free and incredibly robust packed with features to accommodate all business types. With the ability to customize naming conventions (functions) this inventory and finance platform is beyond adequate for every kind of business. This platform can be expanded with paid modules to add functions such as barcode scanning and automatic updates to inventory.

A paid cloud option is available with enhanced support and functions

Cons

The free version has very limited support and the setup is very complicated if you do not have experience in the platform.
No clear path to API integrations
Some functions are not available in free mode you must buy the enhanced modules

John B.

REALLY LIKING THE SOFTWARE, EASY TO USE AND HAS SIMPLE USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

UNTIL MORE EMPLOYEES ARE FURTHER EDUCATED ON OUR PROCESS AND PLANS THE SOFTWARE WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO POPULATE AND GET US INTO GOOD HABITS AND ROUTINES, OTHER THAN THAT THE SOFTWARE WAS INCREDIBLY EASY TO SETUP.

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EASILY POPULATE THE SOFTWARE FOR SEVERAL OF OUR AREAS AND DEPARTMENTS AND AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH VARIOUS MANAGERS.

Pros

PERSONALLY LIKE THE LOCATIONS FEATURES AND SUB-LOCATIONS, EASY TO ASSIGN ASSETS TO THEIR APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENTS AND USERS. I ALSO LIKE THE FEATURE TO ADD IN YOUR OWN TABS AND FIELDS.

Cons

I WOULD LIKE FOR THE SHOWROOM TO BE ABLE TO BE SPLIT INTO SEVERAL OR VARIOUS SECTIONS....SUCH AS BEING ABLE TO FILTER ONE DIVISION FROM THE OTHER, POSSIBLY HAVING INDIVIDUAL SHOWROOMS FOR EACH DEPARTMENT SO THAT WE CAN MAKE IT EASIER TO FILTER EACH DEPARTMENT'S ASSETS AND HAVE THEM BE SHOWN ONLY FOR THEIR ASSIGNED USERS WE INVITE.

WE ARE NOT USING THIS SOFTWARE OR THE SHOWROOM FOR CUSTOMERS, WE ARE ONLY USING IT FOR THE STAFF AND HAVING 1-2 EMPLOYEES (MYSELF AND ONE OTHER) POPULATE AND USE THIS SOFTWARE ON A DAILY BASIS. WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE EACH DIVISION/DEPARTMENT'S MANAGER(S) BE ABLE TO VIEW THEIR OWN STOCK VIA THE SHOWROOM AND BE ABLE TO POSSIBLY EASILY PRINT OR UPDATE THEIR AREA/DEPT BY PRINTING OUT A PAGE VIA THE SHOWROOM AND HANDING ME AND THE OTHER INFLOW USER SO WE CAN UPDATE THEIR STOCK ON A WEEKLY OR BI-WEEKLY BASIS. SOME AREAS NEED TO BE UPDATED MORE FREQUENTLY THAN OTHERS.

Dave H.

Amazing product, they are on the right track

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

For what I pay for this I am very happy. The saying you get what you pay for, well it does not apply here. The makers of inFlow have amazing support and are working hard to make this a great product for the little guy as well as the large company.

I know that all of the bugs will never be gone 100% and to think that they will by anyone is foolish. That is the only reason I gave 2 of the 4 items the 4 stars. There are a few issues that need attention and they are working hard on them.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support

Cons

Changing the invoice look and feel, the online system

Charel R.

roughly 3 years experience using inFlow

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

Quality is tops - innovative.
Took me some time to adapt to the program in general - probably because accounting is not my field of expertise.
Found some limitations to the program e.g. limited usable space inside the remarks box of SQ to keep SQ a one pager.
Customer support superb: always helpful, friendly and gets the job done.
Currently I do not use all the features of the program hence program bit expensive for my needs - however i am excited with the scope the program offers!

Pros

A one time purchase, no recurring expenses unless additional support is required.

Cons

Slight limitations here and there based on personal needs, but I found ways to overcome those

Mary J.

Review of Inflow Cloud

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

We did not have an inventory program set up in any way before INFLOW. Using this program has helped us to keep our inventory more accurate. The ability to export information and create custom reporting is very helpful for the reporting we need to do here. We consider this to be a Platform that is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

We have found that INFLOW was willing to work with us to set this up to best fit our needs. We find the customer service and support staff to be incredibly helpful. They not only respond in a timely fashion to our requests, but followup with ideas and suggestions to be sure that we are not continually struggling with a project we are trying to set up.

Cons

I do not think the integration with QB fits our needs. There needs to be a 2 way integration with QB for credit card payments. Also, the invoices did not print out correctly without additional work on our end and the statement feature was difficult.

Jesus D.

Head of Warehouses with more than 4 years of experience

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pass all Excel inventories very quickly and manage the products in more than 5+ stores

Pros

The flexibility that gives the user, if I need a report that does not have inFlow I can export / create it to Excel.
I can also simply copy and paste data.
I currently handle 6000+ SKUs in more than 5 stores, more than 100,000+ Sales without slowing down problems, or headaches.
Thanks to this program you move from ordered storage to chaotic storage without problems

Cons

I do not have a clear disadvantage ... mmm ... I see that you can not handle products with expiration date, but that is not my item

Kennita M.

Great program but could use some added feature to help make business run more efficient.

Reviewed on 2016/08/07

So far I have no complaints. Except for one. Wish it has easy axcess to a tablet or mobile device for example. So when you away from the computer and want to do like a quick inventory count or something. Even look up something up for a customer to see if we have it in stock/more detail info without running back to a desktop everytime. You can just axcess right from the handheld device to make any changes right there as your in the stock room doing some work. Instead of have to print out like a count sheet every time and then go back and make adjustments. Which takes more time and waste paper in the long run. Even if it's just app to the program so can least make adjustments on frieght or look up info for a customer from a a tablet/mobile device.

Pros

Easy to use and not hard to learn out to navigate your way around.

Cons

Can only axcess yo it to the desktop or lab top computer you have it installed to.

Angela A.

I have used Inflow for almost 4 years and have not found a reason to change inventory systems yet.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

The reporting offered by inFlow is very detailed and well laid out.

Pros

Inflow has a lot of characteristics and functionality that other inventory systems do not. With the easy access to view numerous pages at the same time is one of my favorite features.

Cons

The only thing that we have had trouble with Inflow Inventory is the fact that they do not offer an open API. The company that I work directly through a CRM and it would be wonderful to be able to connect orders directly to a customer. Currently we are having to manually share orders, which adds unneeded time spent.

Sam S.

Great support, great software for our retail store.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Tracking vendors, stock, sales, and customers is a 1000 times easier and efficient because of inflow.

Pros

Easy to manage, inflow is now our companies sales and stock management backbone for our 3 branches. We print invoices, monitor and mange stock, etc.. Basically, all the standard actions taken from receiving and selling the item.

Cons

Everything is awesome. There is nothing negative about this product, the company is always stepping forward, from premises to cloud, I see a great future for this awesome company.

Lance B.

Great software but needs work in a few key areas

Simple inventory management.

Pros

The software is great for managing our inventory it has images, adds bar codes, manufacturers SKU and the showroom is a great start.
InFlow has allowed us to become more compliant in managing Hazardous Goods.

Cons

The showroom needs to have more customisation options, the labels only print on Dymo printers however we have a Toshiba Tec industrial label printer a common printer that we use bartender software with.
Why cant Inflow integrate with Bartender to support all label printers?
We are using InFlow to manage a chemical store, this means chemicals and consumables used in a laboratory environment.
Inflow could do with the ability to upload a PDF to an item in the extras field so you can attach a MSDS to the products if they are hazardous materials.

Murad B.

I implemented for 50-100 employee company

Reviewed on 2018/03/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

good for start-up ERP implementation especially for small to medium companies.

Pros

ease of editing fields by myself without referring to an agent same as most of the others ERP do. The possibility of exporting a report to EXCEL and from there I can get any result I need; of course, you have to be skilled in EXCEL.

Cons

not possible to export invoices to EXCELinstead of WORD. Not possible to have invoicing tab segregated from packing list. I have to do it out the record in WORD.

Lee W.

This is a great program for a business that does not need a full-blown ERP system

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

InFlow has a support team that responds with phone callbacks pretty quickly. We use a more complicated ERP for another secion of the business, but did not have the option for Spanish with that ERP system. For an entry level ERP, this is a good value for the money. I can recommend it.

Pros

It is very intuitive, and easy to use. The interface is relatively clean, and pleasing.

Cons

We are using the Spanish language feature (which was a primary reason for deciding to use InFlow) for one location, and the English for another. That works out pretty well, but InFlow has apparently decided to not focus on rounding out the Spanish part of it. There are a few places where, instead of Spanish, there is an English word. It is still definitely usable as it is, but it would be great for inflow to put another 25 hours into is to make the Spanish part COMPLETELY Spanish. Regardless, I can say that that should not stop you from using it. The English version of it is absolutely perfect, so if you don't anticipate using other than the English functionality, you will never know it. Even if you do use the Spanish version, you will still be able to operate just fine.

Steven D.

Does what we need it to..

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

We switched from the desktop version of inflow.

We use MacOS/IOS as a company and were growing concerned that we would have to switch platforms completely to allow our team "cloud" access to our inventory and invoicing.

The new interface makes the transition very simply and gives us the full functionality we need on our operating systems.

Cons

We would like to see the continued development of the web app

Justin L.

A leap forward in stock control suitable for small manufactures

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We needed a system that could be easily worked with by multiple functions in our small organisation. We needed it to be able to handle multiple currencies for sales and purchases in a simple and intuitive way. Finally we needed it to be able to give us clear oversight of our stock levels and give us the ability to manufacture products for our customers quickly without holding excessive stock levels.

Pros

The software is easy to use and intuitive. The You get a real sense that they are learning about their customers needs and are trying to build the functionality you need into the product. customer support is excellent and very interactive.
I believe it has the ability to scale with us.

Cons

There are some niggly ways that the current systems works but these have been reported back to customer support.

Alex E.

InFlow is an easy to use software perfect for our small business!

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

It has helped us work professionally immediately from start-up.

Pros

We're a small medical distribution company with 2000 and we have been using InFlow for 7 years. Customer service is very helpful and reasonably quick. The software is easy to use. Does what it says on the tin.

Cons

There is a 5 hour time difference from the UK to Toronto and Cust Service opens at 10AM. This can lead to frustrating delays in response times.

John G.

inflow review

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

This software is a great buy for the cost, I have used it for over 8 years. They have added many new features over the years to make even better. Support is Ok but getting better.

Pros

inexpensive, you keep the data base, no monthly fees. For day to day use it is bug free, does not crash.

Cons

do not like the new pay every year maintenance pay system, some bugs with current things effecting the history of the inventory.

Christina W.

Great Inventory Software, Timesaver :)

Reviewed on 2015/12/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

InFlow has completely organized our inventory, we can easily see what we need to reorder and when we need to order it. It has saved our bacon so many times! People may forget what's been sold, but the software remembers everything! InFlow has saved us so much time, and has saved us money since now we order only what we need. We love inFlow!

Cons

I do wish for a few more reports, but the inFlow software is so good, that I would highly recommend it regardless. I really don't have any major issues with inFlow. It works really well. A couple of times per year I'm asked to find numbers that I haven't before, and it takes me a little while to figure out what to do, but I could always watch an online tutorial.

Grozdanka A.

Review one

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Very good.

Pros

The software is good and reliable. Relatively easy to work with. A lot of reports and the main benefit that we use to export in the excel format.

Cons

There is no way to search product in SO, SQ and PO . Our SQ and SO sometimes are 240-350 position and we have to go trough all of them to find the product that we need to check.