Skubana Reviews

Skubana

eCommerce operations management

4.8/5 (92 reviews)

Omni Channel made easier and better visibility into marketplace profitability

Reviewed on 2017/10/14

Pros

1. Ties all marketplaces and websites under one roof! Enough said.
2. Allows you to see profitability and sales in various forms including: per sku, by marketplace, top grossing items, overall profitability, desired dates. All of this allows a business to make better decisions on which products are winners and losers. And it enhances your ability to know which products are doing better on the different marketplaces.
3. View inventory levels at all your warehouses as well as customizing how you see the inventory.
4. Auto generated PO's based on historical sales. This feature takes the guess work out of knowing which items need to be in-stock especially if you are selling through FBA. You can configure this feature in various ways to allow customization based on your inventory and PO needs.
5. Open API - This is important if you are a more advanced seller and need to integrate Skubana into other apps or platforms.
6. The support team at Skubana has been wonderful to work with and very responsive. They do a much better job that other software companies. Support is included with your package. You can email or talk with a live person in the U.S! And you are never rushed or pressured to get off the phone.
7. They are focused on building features that help you sell more. And in the 2 years we have been using the Skubana software it has gotten better with the new features they have released.

Cons

1. This platform is jammed packed with so many features that you can get a bit overwhelmed. On the filp side, when you do get overwhelmed just email your account manager. Our account manager has been a pleasure to work with.

Eric H.

Exactly What We Needed - Switched from a Competitor and Have Never Looked Back. Great Software!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

What I like about Skubana is that it seems to be designed by an actual business owner instead of some programmers who think they understand what business people need to run a business.

While just about any program out there can help with connecting the various channels (ie: Amazon, eBay, Newegg, BigCommerce, etc) Skubana shines in that it also tracks Analytics to make business decisions necessary to grow and optimize your business.

We started with Jazva, which promised a lot, but failed to deliver on so many counts (and customer service was absolutely terrible) and so my expectations when checking out Skubana was actually quite low.

However, I've been pleasantly surprised and actually excited at the level of customer service you receive. You have a dedicated account manager as well as chat support (instead of the ol' bait and switch technique where you get a great account manager and then Tier 4 Help after a month). Our account manager has been there since day one and answers emails within hours, which is fantastic. Especially when you're learning.

In addition, their programmer, represetative was fantastic and helped load a ton of data into the system to help with our metrics (another thing the competition couldn't do) and was pleasant to work with as well.

Finally, what I like about Skubana is their partnerships in the industry. The representative gone above and beyond to connect us with partners to further cater to our unique business needs.

NET: We love Skubana!

Cons

While the Analytics are a definite pro and what sets them apart from the industry, Skubana could improve with how they're laid out. Data right now is everywhere in their Analytics module and sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for.

However, to combat that, we've created a spreadsheet that better organizes the data, making it easier to read.

Again, though, Skubana is the only company that we've found that has this type of granular data (channel fees, velocities, etc) -- and they've also said they're looking to revamp their metrics section, so hopefully it will be easier to read.

Great capabilities if willing to pay big bucks

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

After five months we decided that Skubana has a lot to offer its end user, but it was not a good fit for us as a pure Amazon FBA seller. PO's were auto-generated; however, we had to review each one to ensure it was profitable and a proper order to place at the time (projections were off even after 90 days of data collection). Furthermore, we had a very poor experience communicating with the the support team. It seems we had an account coordinator, who was always available and very helpful, but beyond that - the entire organization felt like a sales team. When it came time to communicate, they were mum and quite difficult to get a hold of. Business development is key to small business (we understand that as a small business) but client relations is even more important. "Disappointed" is the understatement of the year for us in describing our experience.

Pros

The automated PO generator is a great feature if ...
You do not have competitors selling the same product, which could impact your velocity/profitability. We also saw issues with the forecasting projections. Not a couple units, but hundreds of units off.

Cons

Software required a massive amount of dedicated time and effort to set up with Amazon FBA. We had an on-boarding period that was long and painful. It was long because there was endless customization required. It was painful because after all was done, we found out through another Skubana employee that we did not set up our products/inventory properly during our on-boarding.
This was quite troubling.
Lastly, in full-disclose, I spent the first decade of my career as a software validation engineer, and I can say - navigating the software was very clunky. It has massive capabilities, but a software application is only as good as the user - in other words - the UI should not take 12 months to become familiar to the user. At some point, training on the application needs to end and the user needs to be able to fully perform duties on their own.

0.0/10
Paul L.

Quit shopping and sign up now!

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Pros

Skubana has people you can actually talk to, they know their business and understand yours. If you're looking for a selling platform then look no further. I've been in contact and used many. Channel Advisor: I never signed up with CA since tier pricing is a joke which is always to their advantage and you still need to hire many additional companies to actually make all the gears turn. Sku Vault: I was with this company for 4-6 months and by far the absolute WORST out of all of them, 3k+ start up fees to launch on a platform that never worked. Overselling often and only way to contact them to resolve was to "submit a ticket" to an email system that had "bugs"(I have e-mails to prove this) I was forced to leave Sku Vault and go back to Stitch labs. And of course, you can't get the start up fees back. Stitch labs: My second favorite (behind Skubana) and actually a good company. I was with for a few years and they were good but still they're missing tools I needed which skubana has. Seller Cloud: paid the fees+ start up and never went live so it was a loss. I was sold on many tools they said they had and the further I dug (after start up fees paid) I realized they were not a fit.

Kyle J.

Requirement if you know how important automation is nowadays.

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I started with Skubana almost a year ago. I had no Idea what I was doing. Orders were getting out of control so I know I needed to do something quickly. I researched them all, tried Skuvault, brightpearl, stitch labs, Fishbowl, Unleashed and many more. They all did some things okay but lacked some major features we needed. Skubana had them all; most notably automatic PO, Order filters (you can automate pretty much anything with these),All the analytics you could ever need, even broken down to a order level. - plus some I did not know we needed until we started using it; then looking bad I don't how we even managed without them- like audit controls and automatically routing orders to different warehouses.
Skubana truly feels like it was built for the modern day eCommerce business. It's the only program I have found that you can tell was built by sellers for sellers. Some of the others feel like they were built 20 years ago and is only supported by a technical team that have no selling experience on modern day marketplaces.
All in All - If you are serious about growing your eCommerce business then you should give it a try, you won't regret it.

Automation
Amazing customer service
Automatic PO
Audit Controls
All shipping carriers
Connects seamlessly to WMS software + every other program you need
Unlimited listing SKUS per marketplace
Easy to migrate and get started
FTP to connect directly to your supplier
Complete dropship automation

Cons

It is all in USD, it can do conversions perfectly but because we are in Canada it required some quick conversions at times.

Stephan J.

Incredibly well architected, holistically integrated warehouse/inventory/fulfillment management

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

We switched to Skubana in the context of opening up our own 10k sqft warehouse. Skubana powers our entire warehouse, inventory and fulfillment functions and we could not be happier. The system was designed and developed by a team of successful ecommerce entrepreneurs, e.g., the founder and CEO Chad is a top 100 Amazon seller. This experience really shows in how they architected Skubana from a workflow and productivity perspective. Skubana fully supports a multi-channel sales approach through various pre-built integrations (incl. Manual pick orders, Shopify, Shopify POS, Amazon and various other listing sites). Beyond that, the team is taking a very smart approach to customization, via a well documented API and app store. We process thousands of orders every week and could not be happier with our experience.

Pros

See above, incredibly well architected, flexible and holistically integrated warehouse, inventory and order fulfillment system.

Cons

The product is early stage, so every once in a while we run into small bugs or missing features. That said, I have never seen a product team respond and act upon customer feedback as quickly as the Skubana team. Bugs are fixed within hours, new features rolled out within days.

Response from Skubana

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the e-commerce seller community. We look at all feedback and appreciate your comments regarding our Skubana and our team. This will help sellers choose in a very noisy marketplace. We certainly look forward to helping you keep making more money and automating your business.

Mark H.

Increased revenue because of Skubana - Win all the way around.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Pros

#1 we make more money. The integration accross all channels yet we still control all pricing , inventory from the single cloud system flat out genius. Unlimited users, everyone on my team has access to everything at anytime. Not just one or two but everyone. The ability to use 3PL's that integrate directly into Skubana is allowing us to lower our costs and reach more customers faster. The customer support with the dedicated support specialist is the best we have ever seen. Anytime ANY of my staff have had an issue the support from Skubana has been second to none. Fast, accurate and exactly what is needed in real time. All inclusive. Over all Skubana is all inclusive, support, users, native features etc. all part of what you get. Love it.

Cons

Would like to see native two way communication with Quickbooks. Skubana has a 3rd party app at an added cost that will allow down loading into QB but not two way.

Main Inventory Functions very reliable; other secondary functions not so much.

Reviewed on 2017/08/11

Pros

Skubana's inventory system is very reliable. It tracks outgoing and incoming units well and rarely if ever gets the units wrong. If you are looking for Inventory Management software mainly to track your inventory across multiple platforms, which you should, then Skubana works great.

Cons

Although the interface looks nice, there is a lot of work that can be done. A LOT of the bulk functions need to be done by uploading spreadsheets. Even simple things like selecting/editing multiple items is not an option. If you want to edit something you have to do each of them individually or upload a spreadsheet.

Skubana needs to improve on a few of their secondary functions: Their shipping module is very inefficient and time consuming, and if you want any sort of efficiency you would probably use another shipping software.

Monica B.

A fantastic ecommerce "Hub" solution!

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Pros

Intuitive - Skubana is incredibly intuitive to use. All of the features and functionality are set up to flow in a very natural way. This is especially great for our end users but it also keeps our training and operational costs down.

All-in-One - No system is an all in one solution but Skubana is pretty close. We can manage an enormous amount of our business through Skubana directly or through one of their ever-expanding App partnerships.

Onboarding - Skubana assigns a point person who walks you and your team through set-up and use of the system. Honestly, they hold your hand so that even technically challenged implementors and users can run w/the platform w/out much effort. This is a huge bonus for smaller companies w/out a lot of resources.

Trouble Shooting - I've never been through an integration that didn't have set-up issues. Skubana works as your partner and your advocate to push issues through to resolution.

Pricing - A company would be hard-pressed to find another solution that does as much as Skubana does.

Cons

I wish they had a bigger staff to do even more great things! The current system already has great functionality. But I know they have more in the pipeline. Skubana's only limitation is its bandwidth and time.

Daniel J.

Skubana is very reliable for inventory mgmt and they have very proactive staff.

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

Skubana's inventory management system is very reliable. If you are across more than one marketplace and are looking to consolidate your inventory, Skubana's great at that. I also like that their staff, from top to bottom, seem very proactive. The CEO is always presenting new and helpful ideas across emails and other platforms. We've had two of our dedicated Skubana tech agents get "promoted" to higher positions. Their tech support, for the most part, are very proficient.

Cons

Skubana has a number of other functions that we rarely use. Analytics reporting methods will vary by company. If you do put in a function request, don't hold your breath on it, as there are some functions that we put in a long time ago that have still not been addressed.

Jeff C.

Skubana is best of niche for small business

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

We use Skubana to ship 2500-3500 units annually. We use it to track inventory, sync with Shopify and sync with FedEx and USPS. We process manual orders and wholesale and retail sales that populate automatically through Shopify. Skubana requires us to use a point of sale software, an accounting software and software to communicate between those two systems. It's not the most robust system or the easiest to use, but you do get a knowledgeable person to help when you call. Their support shuts down with east coast hours, which is a hassle for those of us on the left coast, but again, they do a good job when you reach them. We haven't found anything any better for the money.

Pros

It syncs with Shopify and FedEx.

Cons

The interface (the screen you look at when you use it) is crowded with information we don't need which makes it hard to find what we do need. Shipping information, for instance, resides in 4-5 different places. It takes 20 key strokes to print a shipping label and packing slip. Why can't you ship an item without first creating a shipping queue?

7.0/10
Josh L.

Skubana Simple and Intuitive yet Powerful

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

An easy to jump into solution for all of my inventory management need.

Pros

I really like how intuitive and straight forward it is. With very little training, my team was able to get up and running very quickly in a time crunch. Skubana really seems to have almost everything we need to sort out the inventory side of our business. The fact that the owner comes from a background of eCommerce is very clear as the software works great for running small to medium size eCommerce operation.

Cons

As we're still getting setup, the issues that are problematic with it for us will likely get sorted out one way or another. That said, we would like to see the MPN on pick lists and packing lists. Being able to maintain settings view setting on more screens would be helpful.

I'd like to see inventory numbers on the pick list so we could look for inventory issues while picking.

Like I said, we're new to Skubana, getting settled in and figuring out our way through it. My list of issues is basically a summary of what we're sorting out over the last few weeks. But I can't imagine having some form of similar issue with other software.

Response from Skubana

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your experience on Skubana. Your advocacy is truly valued and appreciated!

Happy Selling!
Chad

David R.

Saved me hours a day by integrating 4 selling channels into 1 easy to use program.

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Saved me tons of time!

Pros

We were selling through Shopify, Amazon, Jet and eBay. Before we got Skubana, I was spending hours a day bouncing back and forth in between the 4 selling platforms making sure orders were importing correctly, stock quantity was current and making sure tracking information was uploaded for each order. Skubana easily integrated all 4 selling channels along with our 3PL we use. It has easily saved me 10+ hours a week.

Cons

The one thing I wish I could do directly from the software is to contact support. It would be nice if there was a button or link that I could click on that would automatically open up an email addressed to my account manager.

Response from Skubana

David, Thank you for trusting Skubana with your business. We are happy to hear that our platform has significantly improved your productivity in your business. We are constantly improving our platform, so stay tuned!

Jeffrey C.

Skubana is best solution for small business

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Skubana customer support is unparalleled. We've use it for shipping wholesale and retail from multiple warehouses, we send PO's to vendors, we track inventory, we fulfill manual orders, in-store purchases and orders through three different websites all through Skubana's single interface. When we call for help someone answers the phone and generally they fix the issue within days if not hours.
I highly recommend it.

Pros

It has functions to help in many aspects of small business management, it's reasonably priced and it's straightforward to use. Nothing else does as much for the cost.

Cons

Manual orders take a bit of time to process. (But, they're working on a fix!)

Response from Skubana

Awesome to hear about your experience! Thank you for your support.

Sam S.

Skubana frees up time to focus on growing and scaling your business.

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

Pros

If you are serious about growing you e-commerce business you need an automated system to manage inventory and link all of your sales channels in one central location. Skubana solved this and then some for us. Designed specifically for e-commerce businesses this software has all the necessary tools that other competing software's may lack because they were designed for general business applications outside of the e-commerce realm. Exactly what we needed to automate repetitive, non revenue generating tasks to free up time to focus on scaling our business. Would definitely recommend to other e-commerce sellers.

Cons

Takes time to fully learn the software when just beginning. Complicated integrations may run into unique issues, but support staff is friendly and available to help.

Grant Y.

Near Enterprise Grade without the Cost

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Saves us countless hours in manual order processing, inventory updating and managing our shipping.

Pros

- Performance oriented for large sellers
- UX that mostly makes business sense vs UX designed by coders
- Multiple warehouses, brands, vendors and channels
- Strong auditing and user controls
- Great value for price
- Good support
- API (but not strong on documentation)

Cons

- Small UI/UX bugs that persist
- Occasional performance hiccups
- Many useful features (bots) have poor documentation

A lifesaver in the industry

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

It truly did help us with our inventory/shipping management on multiple channels

Pros

After attempting multiple inventory management, omni channel, shipping management systems, Skubana was a breath of fresh air. The capabilities inside of this system brought us to the next level in our business. We were able to automate nearly the entire process while receiving detailed reports on various aspects of the business.
The UI is very intuitive and simple to navigate.
The customer support is quick to respond and the development team really does listen.
The price is right on par for the capabilities and automation it brought to our business.

Cons

Building out a more robust reporting feature would be wonderful. From high level reporting to deep diving.

Response from Skubana

Thanks for the wonderful review and feedback!

7.0/10
Amauri C.

Smart, Simple and Affordable. The perfect "AI" for Orders, Inventory and Analytics.

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

As a lean, frugal, and fast growing startup that sells products direct to consumer via multiple online channels, we needed a platform to manage complex orders, control inventory from different vendors, and provide useful analytics to help us focus on what matters to us: grow our business.

Skubana does that. It's smart, simple and affordable. It's the "AI" for Orders, Inventory and Analytics. And the onboarding and support team is responsive, knowledgeable, and customer oriented.

If you are looking for a comprehensive, still affordable platform, I strongly recommended you consider Skubana.

Pros

Easy to setup up and use
Comprehensive feature set
Affordable, compared to similar platforms
Responsive and efficient customer support

Cons

No listings content management

Doug S.

Skubana definitely has great value!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

It's amazing, the number of tools included in the Skubana eCommerce management system. My biggest challenge has been to make sure all data is entered so the system can work.

Pros

A very detailed eCommerce management system from inventory control thru determining your best and worst selling products.
The Skubana system has been well thought out and updated features are being added steadily.
It is a great value for the tools that are available in one system!

Cons

The system learning curve is longer than I would have liked, although after trying several other systems they appeared similar.

Response from Skubana

Thanks Doug for your feedback on Skubana! We appreciate your business and we're looking forward to bigger things with you this year.

Rick D.

Does a lot very well and adding features that we love

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

We save a lot of time and don't have to manually figure out when inventory needs to be ordered because Skubana keeps track of sales velocity, lead times, shipping, etc.
It's also nice to be able to process orders using one tool as opposed to each channel.

Pros

I really like the auto-PO feature and the product bundling functionality... it saves us a lot of time. I also like the ability to manage all our orders from one location. Skubana connects to all our channels including Amazon, FBA, Walmart.com, and our own Shopify website. The analytics section helps us see what's going on as far as lost profits, COGS, etc.

I can't wait until they come up with listing management features!

Cons

I wish it would send me emails when I get an order I need to fill, or at least highlight the "Order" menu with the number of order that need attention as a little badge overlay.

Response from Skubana

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the community and for choosing us as your platform. We are extremely happy that you are having a remarkable experience on Skubana. We pride ourselves in our technology and our account management support.

Happy Selling!
Chad

Michael B.

Solved Our Inventory Problems

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

Our goal at the beginning of 2014 was to find and implement an inventory system across all of our selling channels. It took us over 2 years and many failed attempts. Luckily we found Skubana this year. Finally, I have an accurate view of my sales, inventory and many other perks that make running this business fun again.

Pros

I like the customer support and the reporting most. Not only can I tell where my inventory is and my total valuation but I can also see my exact profit on each item I sell on any selling platform. If there is ever an issue we have a great rep who handles this with us immediately.

Cons

There's not much to not like about this software. They are in the process of integrating with QuickBooks which will be great. I do not use all of their features at this time because my 3PL handles my shipping, but it's nice knowing it's there.

Dustin A.

Skubana makes running a business fun again

Reviewed on 2016/07/20

Great Product for a Growing Company

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that it's online so I can access it anywhere at any time. Also, the linkage to my webstores and third party logistics centers was quite easy! It's very simple to train new employees on. Its a very good tool for small to medium sized companies.

Cons

The PO section can definitely be improved upon. The way it does partial line items is very frustrating. I also found that the customer support person I worked with was restricting the overall ability of Skubana due to their lack of knowledge about what could be done. I ended up doing things I was told were not possible. Pretty frustrating to learn on my own.

Kris C.

A Must Have

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

Game changing SaaS. Automated our business. Have tried all software on the market and SKUbana is by far the best out there. Increased multiple marketplace sales by over 50%. Staff is very help and knowledgeable

Pros

Automated our business. Saved hours per day on tasks.

Response from Skubana

We thrive on your feedback Kris. Thanks so much for your business. We look forward to continuing to empower your multi-marketplace business.

Ben M.

Awesome Software, Brilliant Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

We have been using Skubana for about a year now and it has really fixed our inventory issues. The best part - the staff. Emily walked through onboarding with us every step of the way and is still available to jump on a call or respond to us with questions. We have about 30,000 SKU's with inventory in our own warehouse and amazon.com - so we needed a software that worked well with both. We tried 5 different programs before Skubana, so we did our homework. We also used different shipping programs before, but Skubana eliminates those and really works well as an all-in-one solution. So, the bottom line is If you are looking for an all in one solution to keeping track of inventory on all your platforms, issuing PO's, shipping, don't look any further. Skubana is the best.

Pros

Ease of use.
Customer Service.

Cons

Price.