Iterable

Growth marketing and user engagement platform

4,3
4,2
4,3
4,2
4,4
Alan C.
Industry: Computer Software

Fantastic email marketing software with great workflows

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Overall we've had a very positive experience with Iterable that has given me autonomy over email marketing and have had not to rely too much on developers to help me achieve my email marketing goals.

Pros

The WYSIWYG editor for emails is really nice because I can build emails without any code and make them look on brand and functional. The workflow tool is also really powerful for building automatic campaigns that continually perform well.

Cons

Iterable feels like it just slow sometimes. Loading campaigns, saving templates, navigating to different parts of the software. If the pages and elements loaded faster it would feel a lot more snappy.

Easy to use with potential for powerful customization

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Overall, I would definitely recommend Iterable. As much as SFMC and others have dominated the market, their data structures and backend setup are more archaic and not easily scalable without custom implementation (SFMC frequently has to shuffle databases around based on client volume since many share instances and the larger ones can take an entire instance down). Although I think Iterable has some catching up to do in terms of more robust customization capabilities, and certain platform capabilities, I still think it's an innovative new tool that has a promising future to bring more powerful function than the old school platforms can keep up with.

Pros

The interface is intuitive and easy to use. Having no prior experience, I was able to jump in quickly and navigate through setting up an email blast within a day. The object based data setup is also easy and intuitive to understand, despite coming from a traditional "relational tables" platform and background.

Cons

There are certain key features of an Email Platform that I find lacking for Iterable. Nothing show stopping, but things that I would have thought would be intuitively built in: no auto-suppression can be applied based on send classification (transactional vs. marketing), basic date comparison logic is not available (should be easy for eng to build, given they just need to set additional functions), no re-usable global content blocks available (think of SFMCs Content Areas, where you can house snippets of code, or static html, and wherever needed pull that content in to multiple emails, without having to recreate the same code over and over again - universal footer, header, etc).

Kim B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Rainbows and unicorns promised

Reviewed on 2019/11/28

Automatic blame deflection of any issues we've raised, canned responses and total failure to meet promised value

Pros

Cart abandoner targeting promised, non-engineer self-service of complex marketing and retargeting campaigns.

Cons

Blaming Segment for failure to merge anonymous events with identified users, blaming Segment for integration failures that caused significant loss of data. Awful limitations of workflows. No ability of non-engineers to actually successfully self-service on pretty much any features. Zero interest on actually enabling us to leverage the service to create value

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Raja D.
Industry: Internet

Great innovative, growing product and highly recommended.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

This product helps us daily with our email marketing needs.

Pros

What I like is since I started using Iterable, the product has been evolving and getting more innovative. I enjoy the workflow section on the UI. I enjoy when my team needs product enhancements, they are willing to hear our needs out and work on improving. I like the great customer success team and always helping us. Finally, the upper management and when in need being available to get in discussion with any further needs we might have.

Cons

I would really like the segmentation piece to be improved. I would like to work with Iterable on needs here as I have found many flaws that I have iterated, but yet not gotten solved. Like searching for a number of campaigns that are similar all at once instead of doing OR's with tons of campaign ids. To be able to query a full workflow.

Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Rare Gem

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

We use Iterable every day to protect the sender reputation of our clients doing mass mailing. Couldn't do without.

Pros

It's rare that a software company like Iterable has such helpful customer support. Even in silly questions with help on mocking up emails, they are so willing to help and fix the problem we are experiencing. Great direct integrations with gravity forms and even better workflows!

Cons

Only complaint with iterable is you do not have the ability to recall a send. Wish the emails went out a bit slower in case of emergency... or at least wish you had the option to slow down send times.

Anita T.
Industry: Internet

Impressed with the breadth of functionality

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

We chose Iterable based on the strength of its API and its ability to handle a multi-million list size. As a marketer, Iterable has a number of powerful advanced features that make it easy for me to perform segmentation, write workflows and run multivariate tests. The support team is beyond amazing; they are knowledgeable and go out of their way to ensure their customers succeed.

Cons

Our engineers get a bit frustrated about some of the technical limitations. For example, certain types of API calls are currently centered around the individual user vs. a particular list (meaning that Iterable is designed to ping your server X million times for each user on a list vs. 1 X for the list itself). That said, the Iterable product team is very responsive to customer feedback, and this shortcoming is on the short-term roadmap to be fixed.

Ciprian P.
Industry: Consumer Services

A developer oriented alternative to Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

Pros

It has a slew of options and ways of creating audiences and targeting users via categories, funnels, actions and events. The API is very complex and a bit difficult to use if you don't contact the support every day.

Cons

Little documentation and long waiting times for tickets and support requests.

Molly E.
Industry: E-Learning

Powerful tool, worth the hike up the learning curve

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

Once you understand Iterable, it's life changing. Being new to the email marketing game and moving over from a clunky and buggy predecessor, Iterable is devastatingly powerful. The User Segmentation feature is a quick and efficient way to find the exact audience you're looking for. Workflows simplify life in ways I didn't know I needed.

Cons

Iterable does have a very steep learning curve, the first few weeks of using it were rough. Occasionally the HTML editor's interface annoys me with too many scroll bars and way too much to scroll through, but that's just a matter of getting used to making sure your mouse is in the correct position.

Industry: Internet

Iterable has a lot of potential

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

The interface is fairly user friendly. Setting up workflows based on events, recurring lists or api posts is also fairly intuitive. The customer success team seems open to feedback and submitting tickets.

Cons

The thing that frustrates my team the most with Iterable is the lack of consistency between functionality. Of course, you don't realize what's missing until it's gone but, while Iterable has made considerable strides in the reporting suite. The basic daily export of subscriber status is still seemingly too tall of an ask. While the success team seems open to feedback and submitting tickets, there is often an absence of follow through.

Industry: Political Organization

Great email marketing platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Great email marketing platform. Has met our clients needs and is always rolling out new features and webinars.

Pros

User friendly, easy access to Iterable Support through Intercom, big fan of the workflows

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches and queue congestions that can take awhile to fix.

Whitney S.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Love using Iterable!

Reviewed on 2018/04/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Iterable's interface is intuitive, clean and easy to use. List management is so much easier than other tools, updating and maintaining lists is no longer a pain. The reporting tool is super easy. You can aggregate multiple campaigns and specific time ranges with ease.

Cons

The main con I have with this tool is how cumbersome it is to upload photos. There are multiple back and forth steps and the process as whole could be a lot easier. I think this is something they are aware of and are working on, however.

Best marketing platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Would recommend over any other platform. Great product for a great value. We use it for all our clients and it delivers far superior service than any of its competitors that we have tried.

Cons

Their API goes down occasionally. Usually not to a significant determinant, and they give us fair warning each time, but it can be annoying.

Tim D.

Iterable Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

Easy to use platform with cross channel marketing. Open API that allows for various integrations and to work seamlessly with all your programs.

Cons

Like any platform sometimes processed are delayed. More information when maintence is being performed would be useful.

Sheel C.
Industry: Cosmetics

A lot of cutting edge features, maybe too advanced

Reviewed on 2018/09/15

Pros

The behavioral based segmentation features are very powerful and put a lot of power from the engineering/analytics teams into the marketing team. Behavioral based segmentation, dynamic lists, and large workflows all have a lot flexibility but that can cause errors in incorrect lists/segments/emails.

Cons

An ESP has to encompass so many features to be useful and there are some that Iterable doesn't have or have just recently launched, such as an analytics dashboard to see how campaigns are performing against each other. Iterable has definitely focused on the advanced segmentation and workflows, but still has to build a lot of other core features that email marketers will find necessary.

Andrew H.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Iterable is great! Great for marketing for agencies

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

Email marketing

Pros

I like that it's incredibly easy to use. As opposed to a software like salesforce thats much less user friendly, iterable is super simple, but still lots of features.

Cons

There are a few issues sometimes with the third party drag and drop feature, but other than that I haven't ran into any big issues.

George W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

It makes email marketing so easy!

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

It's easy to use and understand. It's also very easy for me to create an email template for the rest of the team to use. The feature of multiple accounts is also a great way to easily switch between teams.

Cons

There's a few bugs here and there, but the support team are always happy to help me out! I do wish there was an easy way for me to upload images for the email templates.

Laura B.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Iterable is a game changer of an ESP

Reviewed on 2017/06/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Intuitive, clean UI and UX. Amazing customer support that's very responsive, knowledgeable and always eager to help. Iterable is very receptive to user feedback, and is constantly improving and building the too

Cons

The only issue I've had is with load times with list segmentation here and there- but nowhere near the level of frustration I've had with other legacy systems.

Industry: Financial Services

Excellent for workflows, but lacking in other areas

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I really like Iterable and I think they're on to a winner, it does feel like they're still in early stages as not everything feels completely ironed out

Pros

The workflow functionality is really great and offers a lot of opportunities for CRM management

Cons

Certain features don't function as you'd expect them to, and report stats aren't as clear and easy to use as competitors.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very helpful for omnichannel marketing

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

This software makes it much easier to work with cross channel marketing. I was able to keep track of my data easily and make sure that I had accurately uploaded everything, which eased my anxious mind. Being able to present the data from the marketing easily to administrators was also useful.

Pros

I loved that I could easily update social media, email, mobile, and blogs with slightly different campaigns. It took me much less time than before when I had to do individual updates.

Cons

Still difficult to upload photos - process is a little tedious compared to the ease available in other areas.

Industry: Internet

Great Flexibility to do what you need

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Its been great, the customer support really surprised me - they're very responsive.

Pros

The database structure is similar to our CRM - so it houses all our data and allows me to access and data point I need. Handle bars are easy to use to customize based on any information and access any information about a lead in an email.

Cons

Its one thing that they say they're working on: in the database there are objects with arrays. However, in segmentation if you want to query against two fields in an array, it wont look for the criteria to match in the same array, they can be in different arrays.

Jeremy K.
Industry: Internet

Good product for managing email outreach

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Pros

Really easy to put together email templates and try lots of different campaigns and track the results.

Cons

Wish it would integrate with Salesforce natively which would have saved us a lot of time. Required additional developer work to integrate with our database as well.

Michelle R.

The Best Growth Marketing Tool You Will EVER Use!

Reviewed on 2015/10/20

I seriously cannot say enough amazing things about Iterable. It has completely revolutionized the way we execute email marketing. It allows for far more sophisticated email list segmentation and trigger email / drip marketing campaign development vs. our previous Email Service Provider. It is a powerful tool that yields powerful results. Not sure if my company wants me to share exact numbers, but let's just say that its helped increase purchase conversions, overall user engagement and email traffic by a VERY considerable factor. I cannot recommend this product more highly! Oh, and the level of customer service is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I've had all my service requests'even ones submitted late on a Friday or Saturday night'promptly addressed. I feel like its a real partnership, which is a great feeling.

David W.

Iterable is awesome

Reviewed on 2016/01/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It integrates easily with Wordpress, which makes it easy for emails acquired through a WordPress form to automatically connect to a list in Iterable. The customer service is very reliable. Downloading email analytics to CSVs have a nice custom date range option and can filter what type of campaigns you want to show up on the export

Cons

I haven't run into too much. It take a while to really understand how to fully use it, but once you learn it, you realize how easy it is to navigate the tool.

Nikki G.

New to Iterable, great experience so far!

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Ability to better customize our marketing strategy.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive--I don't have a background in email marketing but it is relatively easy for me to build templates and set up emails. And when I don't know how to do something, my CSM is super helpful!

Cons

It is much more complex than anything I'm used to and is a bit overwhelming while I am in the early stages of use. There is a lot to learn.

Abdur R.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Exclusive for email marketing

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/24

The iterable really helps me in attracting more and more customers through email marketing

Pros

The best thing i like about iterable is that it is very user-friendly compared to other email marketing software and their option of multiple accounts is very brilliant to switch from one team member to another

Cons

Honestly speaking I don't found any cons in it really works great for me and I suggest others to take a look at this also