2 368 reviews

Zoho Social

Social media marketing for growing businesses

2 368 reviews
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Powerful, Easy to Use Tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Easy to setup and use. Pretty intuitive design, so it's easy to pickup on how to post.

Pros

I like that the software integrates Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and even Google My Business. The automatic link shortening is a helpful tool.

Cons

I wish it was easier to integrate UTMs into the links and customize posts for different networks. The reporting tool is nice, but a little clunky to use.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Customer support SUCKS

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Disappointing. No — infuriating.

Pros

Pretty easy to use UI. Monitoring dashboard. Nice looking reports.

Cons

1. Insights data captured in reports is pretty lacking, especially for posts that are boosted (engagement not captured!! what?!?) so there's inconsistency with actual metrics.

2. Cannot tag other pages/users in Facebook posts

3. Stopped using this to schedule Facebook posts because preview does not reflect how the respective platform posts will look – eg how pix will tile / crop in a post (instead, images are just thumbnailed in a row)

4. Second reason was scheduled posts sometimes Did Not Publish (!!!). Especially multi-image posts.

5. ABSOLUTELY TOP PEEVE: Trying to get customer support is like playing cat and mouse with Zoho. Open a ticket. Wait. Email again. Wait. Email again. Maybe within 48-36 hours, get a reply like "we can't replicate the problem on our end". Gee thanks.
I really expect more as a paying subscriber. I'm not a trial user or a noob to social media tools, so I do know what's available and how other companies provide 500% more support within 12 hours, if not live chat.

Ashfin F.

I am so Zohofied

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

wonderful, inspiring, and excited about more to come

Pros

It's simply an amazing software to work with, the improvements I see on the development from my experience, and now, they have and thriving very hard to bring in the new features.

Cons

The pricing point of it, i get its money, and it's much needed to keep the company going. Still, in a country like India and small and niche Agencies like us, it would be beneficial to stay as low as affordable for monthly subs. I wouldn't say they are costly but can consider us.

Samuel B.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Zoho social is the best social management product

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Social media management and analytics

Pros

analytics are top notch and the pricing works well

Cons

nope . the ability to respond to messages and comments

Hanna S.

Social Media Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Zoho has made social media posts so easy! We love using it for work to schedule out social posts on all platforms ahead of time.

Pros

The social media platforms have been great, and I love the analytics that are shown for them.

Cons

Nothing so far was my least favorite, I like all of the features.

Bailey K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best Social Scheduler of Them All

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Zoho Social is an essential part of my business and I couldn't function without it.

Pros

Zoho Social has been the best social media scheduler I have ever used. It can actually post to Instagram. It has specific brand management and makes reporting for my clients super easy. The pricing is awesome! I can build the package to my news and reduce as needed. The clean design works great and the app makes things really mobile. I think my favorite part though is that I've experienced the improvements they've made so they are actively looking on improving and making it even better.

Cons

They updated and fixed most of the cons. I couldn't use it for one of my clients for awhile because it didn't have Facebook Group posting but now it does so that's not really an issue. I do wish that if I was linking a video it could take a thumbnail for Instagram the way it does for Twitter.

Jeffrey S.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best social platform hands down.

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Yes the best. I've been telling all my marketing pals. This is the best platform for such a steal in monthly premium.

Pros

Seriously this platform has every feature you could want. I've used hootsuite, bubble, and sprout social. Compared to this platform all of those suck. With zoho you get monitoring, reporting, connections, team, publishing, drafts, you name it. All for a stinking low price compared to other platforms that want to charge you an arm and a leg for mediocre functionality and no team collaboration. Super happy with this platform.

Cons

Nothing so far. Haven't found anything.

Sonya A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Robust software for the price

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

So far I'm really enjoying it. I think it will help with my client's project management efficiency when it comes to the social/marketing calendar and customer service.

Pros

Zoho Social is pretty easy to use and it has a lot more features than comparably priced products out there. I tried pretty much every free trial there was for social media management software and Zoho Social was far and away the best in terms of ease of use, features, number of social channels supported, user accounts and pricing. The conversation management feature between all your social platforms is invaluable for managing responses and discussions with followers/customers/potential customers. Being able to see all your channels and conversations in one place, respond to messages, etc. is great. The analytics are very good, too. I actually appreciate that it doesn't heavily focus on ad management because the company I'm using Zoho wants to manage ads separately from customer engagement/service and organic social, and it's one of the features that other platforms push heavily.

Cons

The feature for internal discussions about posts is a little weird. It's not as intuitive as I had hoped it would be. It would be nice if you could tag posts that need to be attended to by other team members without starting a discussion about them. It would also be nice if you could edit replies within Zoho. There are some other kinda wonky things that seem to be issues with APIs on the social platforms, so they'd be issues no matter what platform you use (like posting to FB groups from Zoho, you can only post as yourself, not the page that manages the group - but this is a Facebook issue, not a Zoho issue).

Chuck L.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool that's easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Zoho Social is helping us plan our social media campaigns for months in advance. We can also log in and see how we're doing as far as engaging followers, seeing who likes what, watching for patterns, and more.

Pros

This tool is much easier to use than the one we've been using for the last year or so. The calendar makes it easy to see what we have planned for the month, and if we need to reschedule something we can simply drag and drop on the calendar. The analytics on the Home dashboard are really useful in helping us track our followers' engagement. Overall, it's been a great product to use in our digital marketing plans.

Cons

We've had some issues connecting a couple of channels to the platform, but we'll work it out eventually.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A Must Have

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

I lost interns who were managing the social media so this helps me out a lot as I hate being on social media. I don't have to worry about forgetting to post during my busy days.

Pros

I like that you have access to very specific analytics. It is cool that you can export the reports from zoho to your computer. I appreciate the scheduling tool. You can schedule multi-page posts which is great. You can schedule videos, which is great. You can reply to facebook messaged from the app. They even have Linkedin as an option for social media which is great. Linking profiles and communicating with the team is very simple.

Cons

I least like how you can't respond to instagram dms or schedule/post ig stories. This may be a instagram thing though as I have had these limitations with other platforms in regards to instagram.

Stephanie M.

zoho is a godsend

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

i love the easy UI and it connects to GMB

Cons

I wish it would connect to even more social platforms but i'm very happy with the basics they have now - i would love for them to add more over time!

Susanna S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

More than just social media management

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

I've had a trial of Zoho Social before their Instagram integration with them was a advanced as it is now, and left it to go to a very similar competitor.

When I found that the competitor was not enough for my needs, I decided to give Zoho another try and found that in the 6 months I was gone, it had improved in leaps and bounds, and now could do everything I needed it to do.

The analytics are great in that you can easily and quickly interpret when to post and who your key customers are. Their listening portion is easy to use and a lot more user friendly than other SMM apps I have tried.

I have had one issue to report, and one "wishlist" item I've submitted through the app, and both were answered within 24 hours, so customer service with Zoho is first-class.

There are still improvements to be made, especially to their Instagram service but seeing how responsive the developers are to customer requests, I have no doubt that they'll bring in these features soon.
- when something goes wrong, there is no explanation on the error to tell you what to do differently
- social media actions have set limits (f.ex. Instagram at 60 likes an hour)
- you cannot reply to comments on your instagram posts
- the analytics for Instagram are basic; time and type of post. I'd like to see this expanded to what Zoho has for Facebook where you can find out everything about your audience.
- some other apps show pages and influencers like your brand, which is a useful competitor analytic tool.

Even with these small stumbling blocks, Zoho is great value for money, and as they are so user friendly, they will have my custom over other apps.

Pros

Very responsive support, constantly improving features, the ability to integrate all essential business functions; from Zoho CRM to Zoho accounts

Cons

Some features not as advanced as competitors

Paola M.

Zoho Social is the best alternative to manage our social networks

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Zoho Social has become a great ally for every day to make my work more professional. It has allowed me to manage so many personal social networks as those of my organization, allowing it to considerably increase the number of followers. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I think that Zoho Social is an effective and very useful tool when it comes to managing our diverse social networks. With this software it is possible to program different post in different social networks like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. It has a very competitive price in comparison with other softwares in the market. It has an attractive and user-friendly interface which makes it possible for any user to manage it.

Cons

I do not find major problems with Zoho Social. I would just mention that one aspect to improve is that when a post is scheduled, it is not possible to upload more than one photo at a time, which undoubtedly is a limitation for this tool. In general, it is worth living the experience of using this software.

Naman p S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Pros

Unlimited scheduling
SmartQ
In built instagram image editor for auto publish

Cons

Calendar view available on more expensive professional plan onwards
No approval route yet

Zoho Social is a decent competitor.

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

For smaller companies, social media management is an important consideration. With multiple pages, it's hard to keep track of everything. Zoho Social is a decent competitor to the more expensive options out there. It's really easy to learn, and the graphs and analytics are superb. The Brand Health Dashboard allows you to see your statistics at a glance, and enables you to quickly pinpoint where you may need more engaging content. Price-wise, it's not too bad, and for a smaller company, is very doable in the grand scheme of things because the time savings is well worth the cost, especially if you manage multiple brands/pages.

Cons

Scheduling posts is a bit of a trial. It should be fairly simple, but it takes some digging to find the option, and automated scheduling isn't currently available in a usable form. Scheduled posts can also only have one photo, and Instagram is a hassle all its own. (Unfortunately, IG is to blame for that, but other tools have found workable ways to fix it, Zoho so far has not.) I do wish there was a way to see all brands in one place. It's a pain having to switch back and forth when it could be done much easier by giving each post a logo or different color in the calendar. But with the cost of these programs going up higher and higher, Zoho still stands on its own quite admirably.

Chelsea J.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent social product!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Posting to five channels

Pros

Super easy to connect our accounts, great scheduling features, like that it suggests times to post

Cons

I end up having to have two tabs open when scheduling posts, one with our drafts, and one with our already scheduled posts. Wish that piece was easier to manage.

Melissa L.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excellent tool for social media marketing

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

Pros

Zoho is very inexpensive and does the same thing that Hootsuite does, with more and better features.

Cons

Would like to be able to add the calendar feature to the basic package, but otherwise am happy with the basic features.

Neal W.

Great reporting tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall it was great. Love that it's included with the Zoho One suite.

Pros

Great live reporting tool to use with discussions with clients. Wonderful way to keep clients aware of what's happening with their social media accounts.

Cons

Most of the cons with the software isn't really Zoho's fault. A lot of functionality was lost when Facebook changed their API and limited access to third party apps. Still a great tool.

Jose T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Value for money, I would recommend

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Pros

I have been always a Buffer user but give it a try to Zoho Social later on. But I am pretty happy with the platform so far. Most importantly Zoho Social is very easy to use and schedule the posts. The interface is pretty clean and nice.

It works well with the web platform and also available in iOS and Android. However, it doesn't support Windows platform yet.

It gives a free trial of 15 days to try its features which is good enough to make a choice whether to continue or not. Zoho Social cheaper when compared to Buffer or Hubspot, therefore it actually gives much more value for money. SmartQ is an interesting option as well.

Cons

It doesn't support the windows platform.
Not apt for freelancers.
Support is not proactive and slow at times.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Super User Friendly and All you need in one spot

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

It's great to have to use only one app to manage and update all your social media accounts. The analytics and social reports are awesome for keeping up to date on your audience active times and preferences. Its especially user friendly and the site provides lots of outlets for help if its needed. Social Media scheduling can take a lot of time as it is so it's wonderful to have a tool handy that can let you automate your presence while still holding true to your brands values.

Cons

I dislike the limiting ability to see how exactly your posts will appear on each individual social media platform and the lack of the use of EMOJI's when trying to fit a message in a certain amount of characters emoji inserts can be quite helpful. Also scheduling posts for Instagram can be quite difficult and I wish there was a better way for the two systems to interact. It would also be interesting to have the possibility to monitor the comments and the answers that you provide on the different social channels. Also not all of the account following monitoring is live so be sure to always double check your numbers - they are usually only ever 2-5 off (depends if they have run a recent review- but if you are keeping a live count be sure to check your numbers against theirs)

Managing Social Media in a single portal

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Cutting down time to schedule and post social media posts - especially with channels not having inherent scheduling capabilities.

Pros

Individual social media channel tagging has been effective, demonstrating proper attribution in the right channel - as long as the proper account is present therein.

I enjoy being able to have multiple posts in a single time block. Other solutions only allow you to schedule one post per time block, per social media channel.

Cons

Pinterest support I'm sure is being looked at, or worked on!

Doriangel M.

Integrating Zoho Social into my work dynamic of citizen attention has been of great support

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Zoho Social is a fairly complete software, where the interaction of social networks is linked to a multiple monitoring platform, which simply facilitated the attention of people with different pathologies who need to be treated as quickly as possible.

Pros

Thanks to Zoho Social we have been able to integrate as a work practice our routine in the company, the monitoring of social networks, necessary for the attention of the people who introduce our health cases to our management to be taken care of.

Previously we had many problems to follow up on the social networks of our management, but thanks to Zoho Social, we have been able to solve this problem, registering a lot more attention to citizens every month.

Cons

The problems we have with Zoho Social in the management where I work is that some members do not speak English, and the platform is not translated 100%, sometimes creating delays in network monitoring and attention to citizens.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best offer social media marketing tool for its price point.

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

Pros

Compared to other leading social media marketing tools out there, Zoho Social definitely has a more elegant look to it. What’s more is that we can access everything from a single dashboard. It allows us to manage multiple social network accounts and collaborate with several users for projects we are working on.
It offers functions like scheduling an unlimited number of posts, tracking conversations, monitoring the performance of different campaigns across different channels as well as creating a content and publishing calendar at a much more attractive price.

Cons

The only thing I wish they would improve is that it doesn’t allow us to upload several photos at once when we need to schedule a post, so we have to manually do it. That’s a bummer, but we don’t really need it that often just once in a while so it’s not really something that bothers me that much.

Perfect app

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

It's great.

Pros

We needed this app to manage our social media, you can upload photos, post and schedule super easily. t is seamless, good interface and never crashes on me. It is good that you can manage several accounts from one spot.

Cons

A bit confusing at first. We want to be able to manage accounts on behalf of our clients so they need to sign up, so still getting the hand of it.

Alexandra T.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Great tool for improving social media presence

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Zoho has allowed us to plan, schedule, and execute our social media strategy with better precision.

Pros

Zoho is really easy to use and has some great features. We particularly like the social media calendar, which makes it easy to reschedule posts for different days or times. The Smart Slots are great, too, and help us plan better.

Cons

Twitter and LinkedIn have their word count limits, so unless we arrange to post something to them individually we have to abide by the word counts when we're posting to multiple accounts at once. Our old software allowed for better customization.