Authorize.net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

4,4
4,3
4,3
4,2
4,2
Keyana K.
Industry: Internet

Gets the job done with hardly any issues ever.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Authorize.net is our payment gateway, as we are a company that runs several credit card transactions daily. The fees are minimal, the customer service has always been great (even if, at times, the reasons I had to call we're not so great), and the website is about the simplest one I've ever used, considering all of the information it processes. We don't use any POS devices, just the website, but that's still MORE than enough for us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit ARB subscriptions; for example, if I want to simply change the date that a customer's auto-charge runs, I have to actually delete the whole thing, and create a new one to reflect the date change. That's pretty annoying, but for a website that hasn't really changed much in the 12 years since I first began using it, I can only expect so much at this point.

Industry: Sports

Authorize.net Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Authorize.net helps us take and track payments. We have been using it for 8+ years with my company and haven't had many issues. We use it with several different POS systems and the support provided whenever there are issues is great. They have one of the most effective chat for help options I have ever used.

Pros

Authorize.net makes it super easy to take payments through our ticketing system. If we weren't able to link these programs getting payments would take a lot more effort, but this provides ease for the front and back end.

Cons

The software uses another third party processor that adds additional fees, but overall doesn't harm the effectiveness of the program.

Rebecca B.
Industry: Fund-Raising
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Wonderful Product

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Very good experience and a very good product. Very rarely any issues whatsoever.

Pros

Ease of use and the capabilities it has. Nice easy sign on, very ease and useful search options.

Cons

I feel like the only issue I have is sometimes trying to look up a transaction by the cardholders last name causes confusion. Especially if they use a Jr. or a Sr. Other than that, no problems.

Industry: Government Administration

Reliable payment processing

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

We use Authorize.net as payment processor in 3 different applications that we use to accept credit card payments. Their API is compatible with the different software and is reliable without downtime.

Pros

Authorize.net is compatible with all of the different cashiering software that we use. It is reliable and I don't know of any outages or problems processing cards or transactions. It is easy to create an account and get started.

Cons

It can be difficult to understand how to setup and use their API if you are doing your own programing and their admin website is not that easy to use when changing settings on your account. They are often changing their API for increased security but that comes with the inconvenience of reprogramming your API interface.

Jess K.

Simplified credit processing for in the field applications!

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

This program is great for our service techs in the field. It does not require the use of a card reader, although it is certainly supported. Our tech's can quickly run cards through the app without a lot of screens and hassle.

Cons

The program tends to have a lot of "timing out" issues and will appear logged in, but once you start processing the transaction it kicks you out.

Laura K.
Industry: Hospitality

Fast & Easy Payment Gateway!

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

We have been using Authorize.net for online payment processing for over 3 years. Simple interface and convenient button for processing refunds. Customer service is helpful and easy to get ahold of.

Pros

Quick & easy Virtual Terminal for payment processing. Links up with virtually any website or API. Simple transaction search & detailed customizable reporting.

Cons

Must pull monthly statements from a separate website.

Nils N.
Industry: Tobacco

Our main CC Processor!

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

We enjoy using it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a CC processor!

Pros

We use Authorize.net as our main Credit Card processor and it always runs smoothly! We would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good processor.

Cons

We don't have any issues with it. It is very straightforward and easy to use. We've enjoyed our experience with it.

Industry: Retail
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

They are always willing to help. I’ve been using them for 3+ years and only had an issue once

Pros

It allows you to find transactions quickly. Love that you can keep track of declined transactions

Cons

I wish you could search for settled/unsettled transactions at the same time when searching with a card number

Brandie A.
Industry: Financial Services

Integrates well with Wordpress site

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

Authorize.net is fairly simple to set up, customize, and connect with other software. Giving customers the option to pay invoices online saves me a ton of time.

Cons

Of course, there are fees to use any payment processor like this. I feel like the fees can be a little high, but it is what it is.

Nicholas S.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent payment gateway system!

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Pros

We simply love the ease of use that Authorize.net provides as well as the consistent support and reliability. It has hardly ever given us any issue.

Cons

The reporting tools are sometimes difficulty or cumbersome to use but they have evolved over the years.

Tracy P.
Industry: Insurance

Efficient and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Very user friendly and efficient. Instant gratification when searching for transactions or processing new ones.

Pros

As someone who works with people all over the nation it's nice to be able to search for transactions via the software if a charge comes up that is in question. I also love that you can send the client a receipt or transcript showing details of the charge.

Cons

I haven't encounter anything negative about the software. At first, when I went to search for a transaction, I didn't realize the Settled vs. Unsettled options so sometimes nothing would come up. Once I knew I had different options it was a piece of cake.

Rebecca B.

Very Efficient and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

It is seamless.

Pros

Authorize.net is very user friendly and easy to use. The search functionality is superb, and allows use to locate transactions with ease.

Cons

I have had no problems using this software at all. There is nothing I can say that I have had problems with.

Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Authorize Net

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Authorize.Net is the best credit card software I have found.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. I love that it can store credit cards or I can store them on my own depending on what you want. I love the reports.

Cons

I do not like that when you need to refund somebody you have to enter a transaction number it is a pain to go back and see the number.

Nick M.
Industry: Automotive

Authorize.net gives our customers more flexability and convenience

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Overall, Authorize.net helped us solve the problem we were having collecting credit card payments securely.

Pros

Authorize.net has made it possible for us to accept payment from our customers even when they're not present. Parents can also pay for college students repairs.

Cons

There is no text to pay feature. Right now we can only email invoices. Also, there is no integration with our point of sale so we have to create a separate invoice in order to collect payment.

Industry: Consumer Services

Authorize

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Pros

Solid software. We never had any issues with this while we were using it to process our payments

Cons

Compared with other payment authorization software it didn't have the most up to date features.

Industry: Internet

Great to securely add new clients to your company

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

Authorization reviews are solid with different approve decline levels

Cons

Not a thing! Solid services that make adding new users easy

Daniel C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Competent platform, but falling quickly out of date

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

We have had a successful number of years using authorize.net, and it has made a great alternative to other payment gateways that we've used. However in recent months we've been feeling the limitations of the platform, and so we're now looking at migrating.

Pros

Authorize.net have a great range of features such as subscription, storing customer data, email notifications for payments made. This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons

Payments take a long time to clear. The UI of the authorize.net seems very dated and is clunky to use.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A Great Payment Gateway

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

One of its best features is how well it integrates with other systems. It's been an industry standard for years and is a safe bet when your payment processor needs to play nice with other programs.

Cons

Some of the search features aren't the most user friendly for me and took some getting used to.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great option for eComm merchants

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

Very welcoming gateway for merchants - especially those that deal with outside the norm products (ex. cannabis).

Cons

Their fees might be a hair higher but because they take on merchants that other gateways don't, it's usually worth it.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Reliable and Affordable

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Overall, it's been good. They're not as hard to deal with in terms of chargebacks as some of their main competitors.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up in the WordPress installs we use it on, and never had an issues with reliability.

Cons

The costs are normally higher than some of our alternatives, and sometimes it doesn't have as many features like in-application refunds with WooCommerce.

Sharon C.
Industry: Hospitality

Excellent for online bookings

Reviewed on 2020/12/26

A great tool that enables our business. We love it.

Pros

I love how simple the tool is to process payments online. Our customers often express their distrust in online systems when booking with credit card systems they don't trust. Authorize.net enables us to install that trust in our business and also enables us to process all types of card payments, reducing our churn figures that come with physical bookings.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate, especially on mobile. We have also had some fraudulent transactions that the system did not notify us of.

Katharine T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Authorize.net is a good standard for authorization terminals!

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

It allows for our business to run far more smoothly in contrast with our clunky patron CRM software. It's a solid product to use and while it has it's flaws, is nothing short of consistent. Less frills and smooth than Square but in many ways far more direct and clear.

Pros

- Very easy to use towards transactions, refunds and troubleshooting any and all patron issues within our site.
-Allows to run reports for settled transaction, dispute declined transactions and see where fraudulent purchased might occur.
- Has access to extended actions that allow us to void transactions, go into our accounts linked to the terminal and locate specific details we cannot always locate otherwise.

Cons

-Can be a bit slow with processing requests or locating specific transactions.
-Is temperamental with the variables (i.e. first, last name, zip code, etc.) when running reports. Have to be careful when entering data, must be exact or actions may not always be carried out clearly.
-Running reports will not show transactions within the last business day, setlled or unsettled.
-Processing refunds has a 90 day limit.

Jamie R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Authorize.net!

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Pros

The greatest thing about Authorize.net is that their merchant portal is so easy to navigate. If we need to void, issue refunds, or manually authorize a card-- it's so easy to do and find on the left-hand side of the website. If there is something we're not able to quickly do, their FAQ/help page/customer support is great. Receipts/confirmations are automatically sent to the internal contacts that we've chosen--there's even an option to send the receipts directly to the customer. This program is incorporated into our other main software (ShopVox) and works seamlessly.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about this software.

A wonderful way to process payments

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

This software makes it so easy to process payments. It was very easy for us to build the bridge between our main software and authorize.net to process all payments through them. The website requires no training and doesn't have a million options of choices to pick from like some do- everything is very self explanatory! Their customer service is great and gets back to you quickly.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Authorize.net except the reports. They are very confusing and it is hard to know which report you are supposed to be using and when. They don't provide a great description of each report.

Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

If I could give support more stars...

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/15

When working with Shopify and other e-commerce solutions, I've had to get a processing gateway up and running for several clients. On occasion I've worked with businesses considered "high risk", so many processors wouldn't touch them. Authorize.Net not only enabled these risk companies to build an online presence, but the customer support team have gone above and beyond on several occasions to ensure all of my clients needs have been met.

Pros

Generally setup is straight forward and uneventful for e-commerce situations, fees are within average ranges. Best pro is their flexibility in working with businesses that other payment processors won't touch. Near one-click integration with some platforms. Very few issues over the years, clients have been very content and never have had issues getting in touch with their reps.

Cons

Setup and dashboard can be situationally daunting, but once you get up and running it's generally smooth sailing. Tools/reports interface could be cleaner and better organized.