Ceros Reviews

Ceros

Create stunning experiential content, no coding required.

4.1/5 (15 reviews)
Justin U.

Stunning product with okay features

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

I was able to leverage my Adobe Illustrator skills to create some really impressive motion infographics. Ceros also helps make your infographics interactive, condensing the size of the final product, and helping deliver snackable nuggets of info, as opposed to super long-form content.

Pros

If you're any good at creating PowerPoint animations, Ceros is a really cool tool that can help take your infographics to the next level. It uses a similar approach to animations as PowerPoint (fly in, fly out, fade in/out, etc) with an interface that is similar to Adobe Illustrator.

Cons

Ceros is very expensive for what it can do. The short trial costs too much, and you don't get to keep the assets you create. Animation options are also somewhat limiting. You can't really combine multiple animations on the same object simultaneously. It's also very time consuming to create assets that are worthwhile.

7.0/10
Hannah B.

The idea was super cool, but the time needed to learn it and the money turned us off

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Not much seeing as I wound up canceling after using it for a few months.

Pros

As a whole, the things that Ceros is capable of is pretty bad ass. The examples they show you are super cool and get you super psyched to get started and buy the product right away. They have a ton of premade templates that you can use to jump off with if you are not quite ready to build a template from scratch.

Cons

The complexity. I mean, they are really targetting graphic designers, which I am not, so I can't be mad, but it is insane. I loved the demo and was super jazzed to get started with the software, but once I started I realized I was not going to be able to make anything worthwhile. The time needed to really delve into the software and learn everything that it can do totally turned me off. The price seemed great for everything it could create, but if you are not an expert in photoshop it is a waste of money. You might as well just stick with Canva because you are going to get frustrated and hate everything you create.

4.0/10

Makes HTML 5 animation approachable

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Producing interactive content pieces for customers and prospects. Helps educate and explain without a longer print piece, website, or forcing them to watch a video. We are looking for a more engaging way to present content.

Pros

Ceros has basically made a WYSIWYG HTML 5 Animation tool that is a fairly easy and friendly jump for those experienced with Adobe tools. It requires no coding and I was able to get my designers up and using it fairly quickly. The tool has a good number of features and basic analytics. Support has been helpful getting us up and running.

Cons

There is still a decent learning curve. It takes some time to get ramped up. By default, the code runs on their servers and we are still assessing impact to SEO (there is an option to download and run on our side, but that makes updating harder).

5.0/10
Mike V.

Strong program overall

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Pros

The interface is very user friendly. Very similar to Adobe CS. Allows the designer to experiment with layout scaling and sizing easily. Gives you the ability to work off the pasteboard. The interactive controls are very intuitive and allow for many complex interactions with minimal programming.

Cons

Haven't found to many as of yet. Some of the effects transitions could be a litttle smoother. They are choppy at times.

Jesse B.

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

I was asked to make a poster and I didn't know even where to start but venngage help me a lot to make my designs. Also I'm happy that I came across it on line.

Pros

I like the help cuz when starting some people may be their first time to use venngage.

Cons

The cost, cuz some students are in high school they don't have the money to pay for it.

Robert R.

Creating Experiences with Content

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

The software is unique in that it allows you to create your own content without being a graphic designer or writing a lot of code. It was also nice that analytics were collected on the content to gauge user interaction.

Cons

It took awhile to learn--especially for our student workers who were used to Adobe creative suite applications.

Daniel B.

Ceros: Making Interactive Content More Accessible for Agencies

Reviewed on 2017/12/26
Review Source

Pros

Gives agencies and marketing teams the ability to make complex, interactive content without the need for a developer; tools simply require a skillset similar to Adobe Creative Suite; excellent customer support and onboarding; outstanding visuals; easy to embed; lets anyone view a live preview link for a project in process.

Cons

Fairly expensive, but you get your money's worth; not easy to create certain forms of content (like quizzes); responsiveness can be tricky on certain websites.

Beautiful content creator

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

With Ceros you can create some seriously good looking content. The interactive/moving content is really unique.

Cons

Creating content with Ceros can be time-consuming if you do not come from a design background.

Amber A.

I used this software to create an interactive lookbook for a marketing company I worked for.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/23

I actually enjoyed using this software, I'm just not sure how helpful it would be to continue using regularly. More of a special project.

Pros

There were a lot of options for animating imagery and text to create flow and move the viewers eye through the piece. And it was very quick to learn.

Cons

Some of the functions are extremely sensitive so that took a little getting used to.

Whitney W.

Great product, very expensive

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/31

They are great with customer service

Pros

I loved the end results that were produced using Ceros. Beautiful, slick graphics and interactive designs.

Cons

It is very expensive, so you have to make sure it is being used. Also, if contract ever ends, you have to host everything you created on your own.

7.0/10

Solid content creation

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I like all the options I have for creating unique content with Ceros. It was fairly easy to use once I took some tutorials.

Cons

As I mentioned, there was some learning involved. I usually pick this stuff up pretty quick but this took a bit more time.

Johnson S.

Software for marketers and designers

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

In my opinion it is the best software for designers. Because with this program i can create different contents very easily

Jo W.