Ceros

Create stunning experiential content, no coding required.

David D.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Level up your digital marketing

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

The team at Ceros amazing; responsive, super friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. It's obvious Ceros prioritizes the people behind the software. Pair that with this very powerful game-changing application, and you've got a huge win for any digital marketing team.

Pros

The overall concept of building interactive experiences with a WYSIWYG interface! We can create so much more content at a higher frequency with the same or less amount of work.

Cons

Sometimes a very random issue can only be resolved with a couple quit and restarts, but that is very rare. It's a solid platform.

Marlene S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use with high quality results

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

We use Ceros for a lot of our thought leadership experiences. It provides us with a way to engage our readers and creatively express the content we are interested in sharing.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the Ceros team is always quick to respond with creative ideas, solutions and assistance if you get in a jam.

Cons

The price is a bit high but you get what you pay for with the quality of the output.

Alliana S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

Ceros is easy to use. The interface is very comparable to the Adobe creative suite, and is intuitive to learn. It makes it simple to create interactive websites that differentiate us from our competition. The ceros team is easy to work with, and the chat function helps smooth over any bumps in the road you may encounter.

Cons

On occasion there are bugs, but you could say that about any software. And the Ceros team is always working to improve the software, so any issues that arise are quickly fixed.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Beautiful content creator

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

With Ceros you can create some seriously good looking content. The interactive/moving content is really unique.

Cons

Creating content with Ceros can be time-consuming if you do not come from a design background.

Amber A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I used this software to create an interactive lookbook for a marketing company I worked for.

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

I actually enjoyed using this software, I'm just not sure how helpful it would be to continue using regularly. More of a special project.

Pros

There were a lot of options for animating imagery and text to create flow and move the viewers eye through the piece. And it was very quick to learn.

Cons

Some of the functions are extremely sensitive so that took a little getting used to.

Whitney W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great product, very expensive

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

They are great with customer service

Pros

I loved the end results that were produced using Ceros. Beautiful, slick graphics and interactive designs.

Cons

It is very expensive, so you have to make sure it is being used. Also, if contract ever ends, you have to host everything you created on your own.

Eva R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy to use and unlimited possibilities

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Love the platform, people and overall branding :)

Pros

Ceros is SO EASY to use. It's been my secret weapon for three years now ... especially when I need to make a project really sing.

Cons

The worst things about Ceros are that the experiences crash when left untouched for several months, there are a ton of bugs, and sometimes the pixels are off. I wish there were more advanced typography settings.

Daria W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

For me the experience has been great. I have been working with the software for over 2 years and have created several custom content pages for various brands. They are always improving and adding new features and listen to their users. As an example, you no longer have to create separate experience for desktop or mobile - it now lives in one file and you can just switch between and resize or replace the elements independently.

You don't have to be a developer to understand this software and in a way can be more free in design. You don't have to worry as much about how to implement it - once you have an understanding of how the various animations and other tools work - alone or together to create the effect you need.

Tech support is almost immediate and very helpful.

Pros

Overall I'm very happy working with this software - once you get to know it and have a better understanding of the tools and how they can help you, it's pretty simple to create great animated content whether it's a landing page, quiz or a article embedded graph. You can make it as simple or complex as you want and additionally you can embed other code (like JS or forms) to add features that might not exist within Ceros. Ceros has a lot of various standard JS type animations which can transform a page into something that is fun or exciting to scroll through. I'm very impressed with the Inspire gallery showing so many different applications and fun projects using the software and it gives us ideas to use in next project.

Cons

While there are not a lot of things I am not happy with, I do wish there were more shape features and line options ( octagon, maybe a free form shape, dotted or double line - sort of like Photoshop ). I also would like to see a masking tool. There are occasional bugs.

Justin U.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Stunning product with okay features

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

I was able to leverage my Adobe Illustrator skills to create some really impressive motion infographics. Ceros also helps make your infographics interactive, condensing the size of the final product, and helping deliver snackable nuggets of info, as opposed to super long-form content.

Pros

If you're any good at creating PowerPoint animations, Ceros is a really cool tool that can help take your infographics to the next level. It uses a similar approach to animations as PowerPoint (fly in, fly out, fade in/out, etc) with an interface that is similar to Adobe Illustrator.

Cons

Ceros is very expensive for what it can do. The short trial costs too much, and you don't get to keep the assets you create. Animation options are also somewhat limiting. You can't really combine multiple animations on the same object simultaneously. It's also very time consuming to create assets that are worthwhile.

Chase H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great software for creating interactive, eye-catching experience

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We've had a lot of fun working with the platform and have a great customer success manager who always finds us great examples to work from and answers any and all questions. It's been a big timesaver and has come in handy for a lot of projects.

Pros

WYSIWYG interface with lots of animations and tools to create content. The support for embedding other code and objects (and even embedding ceros experiences inside other ones) has been great. Makes it quick and fairly easy to create simple interactive pieces of microcontent as well as has the depth to create really in-depth, interactive experiences with minimal coding involved.

Cons

A few bugs here and there, and is a little on the pricier side.

Courtney F.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ceros for interactive client projects

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Ceros has been a really challenging creative platform, and a lot of tools have been added in the last few years to compliment the ideas in my head! adding an action to an element, grouping it and adding a second has been great...can we do more please? like a 3+ actions on one element?

Pros

Create animated projects for clients and not have to worry about elaborate coding begin the scenes. Some of the 'hacks' i had as shortcuts several year ago have become standard tools (color palettes, layers) to make initial project setup much easier.

Cons

Been waiting 4+ years for some fine details, specifically rotating items at a percentage...for example, a 1/4 (90˚) turn, or 10% rotation. Found some workarounds, but there have been numerous instances when a client wants a clock-type motion and have been unable to produce exactly what they have in mind.

Mike V.

Strong program overall

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Pros

The interface is very user friendly. Very similar to Adobe CS. Allows the designer to experiment with layout scaling and sizing easily. Gives you the ability to work off the pasteboard. The interactive controls are very intuitive and allow for many complex interactions with minimal programming.

Cons

Haven't found to many as of yet. Some of the effects transitions could be a litttle smoother. They are choppy at times.

Kelly B.

Ceros

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We were hoping to get more interaction & more sales. we are still evaluating.

Pros

I like the easy animations and the new crop tool makes it easy to edit photos without having to go back to Photoshop.

Cons

The way it handles text isn't consistent with other design programs. I mostly use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PremierPro, Photoshop where the text is scalable & viewable when zooming in or zooming out. While updating new product descriptions on our lookbooks, Ceros crashed almost every time. So simple text changes took way longer than they should have. I found that if I ungrouped the text it seemed to work a little better but then I have to regroup & re-apply the animations.

Jesse B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

I was asked to make a poster and I didn't know even where to start but venngage help me a lot to make my designs. Also I'm happy that I came across it on line.

Pros

I like the help cuz when starting some people may be their first time to use venngage.

Cons

The cost, cuz some students are in high school they don't have the money to pay for it.

Pasmi S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

An easy tool for interactive creations

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Overall it has been a great tool, after experimenting with a few projects, this tool has become very handy in presenting things in very interactive and creative ways. The support team has also been very helpful anytime I struggle and are able to resolve issues quite quickly.

Pros

The amount of interactions and templates stored on the tool makes it easy to create almost any kind of project.

Cons

Sometimes a little complicated with all the designing, as a beginner it is easy to get lost. But once you get the hang of the tool there are many more opportunities.

Jessa D.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Lisbeth L.
  • Industry: Furniture

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

My overall experience is good. the customer service is great!

Pros

Ease of used and ability to make it what you want it to be.

Cons

Some features could be easier to use. I wish there was a direct mailing feature integrated into the software.

Jamie M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ceros - An Invaluable Marketing Tool!

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Pros

Ceros allows us to create custom, unique, interactive experiences for our clients. We can create both proactive and reactive experiences to help us showcase our offerings and executions in the most compelling way. Building detailed and creative micro-sites enables us to show our clients how much we care and value their business.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software. The Ceros team is very open to change and listening to feedback. They adapt the product constantly, upgrading it to meet the ever-evolving needs of the users.

Hannah B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

The idea was super cool, but the time needed to learn it and the money turned us off

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Not much seeing as I wound up canceling after using it for a few months.

Pros

As a whole, the things that Ceros is capable of is pretty bad ass. The examples they show you are super cool and get you super psyched to get started and buy the product right away. They have a ton of premade templates that you can use to jump off with if you are not quite ready to build a template from scratch.

Cons

The complexity. I mean, they are really targetting graphic designers, which I am not, so I can't be mad, but it is insane. I loved the demo and was super jazzed to get started with the software, but once I started I realized I was not going to be able to make anything worthwhile. The time needed to really delve into the software and learn everything that it can do totally turned me off. The price seemed great for everything it could create, but if you are not an expert in photoshop it is a waste of money. You might as well just stick with Canva because you are going to get frustrated and hate everything you create.

• Industry: Media Production

As easy as pie ...

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

I've had a pretty amazing experience with Ceros and continue to do so. I'm a first time user and had 1 hour of private training, it's simple to start and you can create amazing content if you just practice and experience.

Pros

How simple it was to create immersive elements.

Cons

The difficulty to add audio to an element.

Carlamarie A.

Great experience for sure!

so far has been great!

Pros

Is web base, so you don't loose if you don't save !

Cons

Most of my graphics I have to customized outside the software.

Solid content creation

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I like all the options I have for creating unique content with Ceros. It was fairly easy to use once I took some tutorials.

Cons

As I mentioned, there was some learning involved. I usually pick this stuff up pretty quick but this took a bit more time.

Gabby G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Ceros Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Overall, the platform is great and the customer service is amazing! I don't have web development experience. I actually came from commercial printing and self-taught Ceros with their educational tools. I've been able to create dynamic sites.

Pros

As an Adobe based designer, the Ceros platform is easy to create a layout with previous Adobe InDesign experience. Ceros Inspire is an amazing tool for quick layout templates to get your ideas following and also features some custom created sites for inspiration. The animation is easy to add and elevate any layout as someone who hasn't worked much with After Effects or other timeline animation tools.

Cons

The functionality could use some work. Features like paragraph and character styles are missing in the capabilities. The latest major update added some capabilities like "adaptive" layouts, meaning not quite responsive, but better than nothing mobile layout conversion from desktop designs. The platform isn't great for customizing SEO or social sharing.

Nathan A.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

User-friendly tool to build interactive content

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Overall, the tool works great. The demo/sales process was very useful to me as a buyer.

Pros

We've only just started using this service, but it is so easy to pick up and start creating content. The navigation and tools feel like most other design tools out there. Plus, there are easy to use controls for content animation and interactions.

Cons

Not gonna lie, it feels awfully expensive, but when we started comparing what we'd spend elsewhere to get similar content created, it starts to make a lot of sense. They make a lot of examples available, but not all are available to copy the source files (which would be really nice). They are just visual inspiration.

• Industry: Information Services

Makes HTML 5 animation approachable

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Producing interactive content pieces for customers and prospects. Helps educate and explain without a longer print piece, website, or forcing them to watch a video. We are looking for a more engaging way to present content.

Pros

Ceros has basically made a WYSIWYG HTML 5 Animation tool that is a fairly easy and friendly jump for those experienced with Adobe tools. It requires no coding and I was able to get my designers up and using it fairly quickly. The tool has a good number of features and basic analytics. Support has been helpful getting us up and running.

Cons

There is still a decent learning curve. It takes some time to get ramped up. By default, the code runs on their servers and we are still assessing impact to SEO (there is an option to download and run on our side, but that makes updating harder).