Ceros

Create stunning experiential content, no coding required.

4,5
3,8
4,2
4,2
4,5
Gina L.

Ceros is a True Game Changer for the Interactive Industry

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Ceros is the WYSIWYG platform for interactive design that every non-web designer has been looking for. I'm simply a graphic designer who can bob and weave my way around InDesign and Illustrator in my sleep, but once Dreamweaver and HTML are involved, I'm lost. When you think about how advanced design is getting on the internet, graphic design gets to be very limiting. Ceros solves that problem. I, as a traditionally static designer, can jump into this easy-to-use platform and whip up lively experiences with fun interactions and animations. The content I create in Ceros is so much more engaging than anything I could create as a simple static PDF. For our team, it's been a cost effective way to create web experiences without paying an outside developer. Both our internal team and our clients love the Ceros work that we do. As Ceros adds new features, our design work gets increasingly better, so I hope to continue to use Ceros and make my work even stronger each year.

Pros

Many of my interactive designs have complicated carousels, click-to-reveals, navigation, menus, etc. Some of these things can really give you grey hairs at a young age, but Ceros makes detailed interactions easy to build out. The tools are laid out easily so that you know what each button is going to do and how it's going to interact with other objects on your canvas. It can be tedious, but it beats having to learn coding and deal with the HTML myself. A few other honorable mentions: Ceros has an excellent array of templates that users can take and build onto; Ceros also is very receptive to feedback from users, and I've found in my 3+ years using the platform that a lot of idea I've added to the suggestion box have been implemented.

Cons

The lack of functionality for quizzes and assessments is a bummer. To define what I mean by quizzes, I'm strictly talking about assets where you're posed with a question, you select an answer (possibly multiple choice) and the end result after a handful of questions is to be dumped into a specific bucket category. I've talked to many Ceros reps about making quizzes, and while it's doable, it's extremely convoluted and the output of metrics is unorganized. With that said, the analytics you receive from any experience isn't really all that much to brag about. The Ceros platform has a really nice display of visuals for users to see, but once it's time to pass the data onto a client or anyone outside of the Ceros platform, you get this extremely messy and hard-to-read CSV file. I don't love that. It would be better if you could export the graphs and data visuals straight from the backend of Ceros.

Lisbeth L.
Industry: Furniture

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

My overall experience is good. the customer service is great!

Pros

Ease of used and ability to make it what you want it to be.

Cons

Some features could be easier to use. I wish there was a direct mailing feature integrated into the software.

Eva R.
Industry: Media Production

Easy to use and unlimited possibilities

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Love the platform, people and overall branding :)

Pros

Ceros is SO EASY to use. It's been my secret weapon for three years now ... especially when I need to make a project really sing.

Cons

The worst things about Ceros are that the experiences crash when left untouched for several months, there are a ton of bugs, and sometimes the pixels are off. I wish there were more advanced typography settings.

Daria W.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

For me the experience has been great. I have been working with the software for over 2 years and have created several custom content pages for various brands. They are always improving and adding new features and listen to their users. As an example, you no longer have to create separate experience for desktop or mobile - it now lives in one file and you can just switch between and resize or replace the elements independently.

You don't have to be a developer to understand this software and in a way can be more free in design. You don't have to worry as much about how to implement it - once you have an understanding of how the various animations and other tools work - alone or together to create the effect you need.

Tech support is almost immediate and very helpful.

Pros

Overall I'm very happy working with this software - once you get to know it and have a better understanding of the tools and how they can help you, it's pretty simple to create great animated content whether it's a landing page, quiz or a article embedded graph. You can make it as simple or complex as you want and additionally you can embed other code (like JS or forms) to add features that might not exist within Ceros. Ceros has a lot of various standard JS type animations which can transform a page into something that is fun or exciting to scroll through. I'm very impressed with the Inspire gallery showing so many different applications and fun projects using the software and it gives us ideas to use in next project.

Cons

While there are not a lot of things I am not happy with, I do wish there were more shape features and line options ( octagon, maybe a free form shape, dotted or double line - sort of like Photoshop ). I also would like to see a masking tool. There are occasional bugs.

Meredith B.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy to use and wonderful support team

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Using this platform has made our process of creating interactive and dynamic content so much easier. The response from our internal teams has been incredible. Working with the Ceros team has been great - they are really invested in our success and support us as much as they can.

Pros

The software feels familiar, which made onboarding and training quick. The Ceros team provides so many training resources, both on their site and via regular webinars, which helps to train my team and keep us up to date on new features. The IT support team is incredibly responsive - some of the best I’ve experienced!

Cons

I think there are a lot of opportunities for the software to expand its functionality around paragraph and character styles that would make layout and styling faster and more streamlined. The animations are good but I would like to see them be more customizable, and the interactions more dynamic, in the future.

Gabby G.
Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Overall, the platform is great and the customer service is amazing! I don't have web development experience. I actually came from commercial printing and self-taught Ceros with their educational tools. I've been able to create dynamic sites.

Pros

As an Adobe based designer, the Ceros platform is easy to create a layout with previous Adobe InDesign experience. Ceros Inspire is an amazing tool for quick layout templates to get your ideas following and also features some custom created sites for inspiration. The animation is easy to add and elevate any layout as someone who hasn't worked much with After Effects or other timeline animation tools.

Cons

The functionality could use some work. Features like paragraph and character styles are missing in the capabilities. The latest major update added some capabilities like "adaptive" layouts, meaning not quite responsive, but better than nothing mobile layout conversion from desktop designs. The platform isn't great for customizing SEO or social sharing.

Kayla P.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Love this product!

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Pros

The ceros platform is super easy to learn how to use, and it allows me to make extremely high quality content in a quick time frame. I love the flexibility it provides to bring creative visions and ideas to life, without having to know anything about code at all. I'm able to create impressive, engaging and unique content that makes both internal teams and external prospects and customers really excited about what we're doing, and it brings a new level of creativity to the way we think about producing marketing collateral and assets.

Cons

The only negative thing I've noticed about this software is that there can sometimes be bugs or the studio can sometimes freeze when creating really complex content with lots of layers or interactions. However, the support chat in the studio is always available and I've found them super helpful and responsive when trying to solve these issues.

Justin U.
Industry: Hospitality

Stunning product with okay features

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

I was able to leverage my Adobe Illustrator skills to create some really impressive motion infographics. Ceros also helps make your infographics interactive, condensing the size of the final product, and helping deliver snackable nuggets of info, as opposed to super long-form content.

Pros

If you're any good at creating PowerPoint animations, Ceros is a really cool tool that can help take your infographics to the next level. It uses a similar approach to animations as PowerPoint (fly in, fly out, fade in/out, etc) with an interface that is similar to Adobe Illustrator.

Cons

Ceros is very expensive for what it can do. The short trial costs too much, and you don't get to keep the assets you create. Animation options are also somewhat limiting. You can't really combine multiple animations on the same object simultaneously. It's also very time consuming to create assets that are worthwhile.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chase H.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great software for creating interactive, eye-catching experience

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We've had a lot of fun working with the platform and have a great customer success manager who always finds us great examples to work from and answers any and all questions. It's been a big timesaver and has come in handy for a lot of projects.

Pros

WYSIWYG interface with lots of animations and tools to create content. The support for embedding other code and objects (and even embedding ceros experiences inside other ones) has been great. Makes it quick and fairly easy to create simple interactive pieces of microcontent as well as has the depth to create really in-depth, interactive experiences with minimal coding involved.

Cons

A few bugs here and there, and is a little on the pricier side.

Industry: Information Services

Makes HTML 5 animation approachable

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Producing interactive content pieces for customers and prospects. Helps educate and explain without a longer print piece, website, or forcing them to watch a video. We are looking for a more engaging way to present content.

Pros

Ceros has basically made a WYSIWYG HTML 5 Animation tool that is a fairly easy and friendly jump for those experienced with Adobe tools. It requires no coding and I was able to get my designers up and using it fairly quickly. The tool has a good number of features and basic analytics. Support has been helpful getting us up and running.

Cons

There is still a decent learning curve. It takes some time to get ramped up. By default, the code runs on their servers and we are still assessing impact to SEO (there is an option to download and run on our side, but that makes updating harder).

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Caisa B.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Ceros is a great tool for beautiful experiences done quickly, if you can afford it.

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We have created some beautiful web pages with Ceros and the support team is extremely helpful and quick to respond! Overall it has been a nice partnership but there are some serious issues that should be addressed.

Pros

Ceros is easy to use if the user is familiar with adobe programs. After about one week of daily use, it becomes super easy to navigate and start creating!

Cons

Ceros is marketed as a way to create entire websites but it's just not quite there. The animation and design options are extensive but the inability to directly view and edit the code of your experience is such a detriment that it makes it hard to justify using Ceros over hiring a web developer.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Courtney F.
Industry: Publishing

Ceros for interactive client projects

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Ceros has been a really challenging creative platform, and a lot of tools have been added in the last few years to compliment the ideas in my head! adding an action to an element, grouping it and adding a second has been great...can we do more please? like a 3+ actions on one element?

Pros

Create animated projects for clients and not have to worry about elaborate coding begin the scenes. Some of the 'hacks' i had as shortcuts several year ago have become standard tools (color palettes, layers) to make initial project setup much easier.

Cons

Been waiting 4+ years for some fine details, specifically rotating items at a percentage...for example, a 1/4 (90˚) turn, or 10% rotation. Found some workarounds, but there have been numerous instances when a client wants a clock-type motion and have been unable to produce exactly what they have in mind.

Jess R.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great product that has changed the way we create content

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

As a service provider our industry is based on relationships, so finding new and interactive ways to reach our clients and influencer base is so important. Now we create content through the lens of user interaction and functionality instead of static web and white pages – we're seeing a dramatic increase in our engagements rates across the board, not only in click rates but time spent on the pages themselves.

Cons

The learning curve from static to interactive content can be steep, especially for teams that don't have designers available to work solely on this software. Even with Ceros' ability to simplify the process, it can still feel like a heavy lift for teams with high pressure deadlines that already run lean.

Kristen S.
Industry: Real Estate

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

AWESOME. Great client relations team, great customer support. 10/10.

Pros

I love how dynamic the platform and design interface is , truly graphic designer friendly, doesn't take a lot of code or web design knowledge.

Cons

Not the most SEO friendly platform I've worked with, there aren't drag and drop pre-designed design blocks, and although features do continue to be rolled out and product updates, there are some formatting and functionality features missing.

Holly celeste F.

My favorite platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We've been using Ceros since the early days, and it's been so cool to watch it grow and evolve. Our creative directors and design leads have always had good things to say about their interactions with the Ceros team, and of course I've enjoyed meeting them at B2BMX, Sirius, B2BSMX and other conferences over the years. I'm always a fan of Ceros' marketing, too.

Pros

I love that we can build immersive content experiences for all our clients, with tools that help us accomplish just about anything we think of when it comes to cool callouts, animations, layouts. And of course, it's great that we can then dig into the data to see what the users are actually responding to.

Cons

I wish metrics were available in a more customizable dashboard, and easier to download or share a custom report with a client... although I suspect Ceros is focusing more on one-on-one client relationships vs. agencies, so I won't hold my breath for that. Still cool that we can learn so much about what users are looking at.

Jamie M.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ceros - An Invaluable Marketing Tool!

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Pros

Ceros allows us to create custom, unique, interactive experiences for our clients. We can create both proactive and reactive experiences to help us showcase our offerings and executions in the most compelling way. Building detailed and creative micro-sites enables us to show our clients how much we care and value their business.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software. The Ceros team is very open to change and listening to feedback. They adapt the product constantly, upgrading it to meet the ever-evolving needs of the users.

Hannah B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The idea was super cool, but the time needed to learn it and the money turned us off

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Not much seeing as I wound up canceling after using it for a few months.

Pros

As a whole, the things that Ceros is capable of is pretty bad ass. The examples they show you are super cool and get you super psyched to get started and buy the product right away. They have a ton of premade templates that you can use to jump off with if you are not quite ready to build a template from scratch.

Cons

The complexity. I mean, they are really targetting graphic designers, which I am not, so I can't be mad, but it is insane. I loved the demo and was super jazzed to get started with the software, but once I started I realized I was not going to be able to make anything worthwhile. The time needed to really delve into the software and learn everything that it can do totally turned me off. The price seemed great for everything it could create, but if you are not an expert in photoshop it is a waste of money. You might as well just stick with Canva because you are going to get frustrated and hate everything you create.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Alvaro G.
Industry: Real Estate

Easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

It has saved lot of time with nice and visual results.

Pros

The simplicity, it's very intuitive if you are used to design tools.

Cons

The text functionality, it has to be improved, there is no way to give different formats in the same text box.

David D.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Level up your digital marketing

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

The team at Ceros amazing; responsive, super friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. It's obvious Ceros prioritizes the people behind the software. Pair that with this very powerful game-changing application, and you've got a huge win for any digital marketing team.

Pros

The overall concept of building interactive experiences with a WYSIWYG interface! We can create so much more content at a higher frequency with the same or less amount of work.

Cons

Sometimes a very random issue can only be resolved with a couple quit and restarts, but that is very rare. It's a solid platform.

Marlene S.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use with high quality results

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/02

We use Ceros for a lot of our thought leadership experiences. It provides us with a way to engage our readers and creatively express the content we are interested in sharing.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the Ceros team is always quick to respond with creative ideas, solutions and assistance if you get in a jam.

Cons

The price is a bit high but you get what you pay for with the quality of the output.

Michael F.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Pros

I love its ability to create great web experiences, without the coding knowledge.

Cons

It can be quite buggy at times, but it seems to be improving over the year.

Alliana S.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

Ceros is easy to use. The interface is very comparable to the Adobe creative suite, and is intuitive to learn. It makes it simple to create interactive websites that differentiate us from our competition. The ceros team is easy to work with, and the chat function helps smooth over any bumps in the road you may encounter.

Cons

On occasion there are bugs, but you could say that about any software. And the Ceros team is always working to improve the software, so any issues that arise are quickly fixed.

Mike V.

Strong program overall

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Pros

The interface is very user friendly. Very similar to Adobe CS. Allows the designer to experiment with layout scaling and sizing easily. Gives you the ability to work off the pasteboard. The interactive controls are very intuitive and allow for many complex interactions with minimal programming.

Cons

Haven't found to many as of yet. Some of the effects transitions could be a litttle smoother. They are choppy at times.

Kelly B.
Industry: Retail

Ceros

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We were hoping to get more interaction & more sales. we are still evaluating.

Pros

I like the easy animations and the new crop tool makes it easy to edit photos without having to go back to Photoshop.

Cons

The way it handles text isn't consistent with other design programs. I mostly use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PremierPro, Photoshop where the text is scalable & viewable when zooming in or zooming out. While updating new product descriptions on our lookbooks, Ceros crashed almost every time. So simple text changes took way longer than they should have. I found that if I ungrouped the text it seemed to work a little better but then I have to regroup & re-apply the animations.

Jesse B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

I was asked to make a poster and I didn't know even where to start but venngage help me a lot to make my designs. Also I'm happy that I came across it on line.

Pros

I like the help cuz when starting some people may be their first time to use venngage.

Cons

The cost, cuz some students are in high school they don't have the money to pay for it.