SumoMe

A free suite of tools for growing traffic on any website

Colleen W.

I really like sumo. I use a lot of its features on my blog. It helped a lot.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

It helped incorporate features on my blog with ease that I wouldn't of been able to do otherwise.

Pros

I love that a lot of its features are easy to use. They come with very easy to use directions. It has a lot of features that costs money on other programs.

Cons

I use the free version, and I wish it had more choices for that. I also wish it had better choices for email. I have to use another program for that.

Response from Sumo group

Hello, Colleen! Thanks for the warms words. I noticed that you are using our free version and would love to see more features and options under this version. We currently offer free 14 day trial of our Ecommerce plan. Check it out and see if it has what you are looking for: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

Magnus O.
  • Industry: Publishing

Recommended for Leads Collection

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

I also connected it to Google analytics to show overall page views and organic searches.

Pros

I use Sumo on both bookclubs.com.ng and a client's website I had set up on WordPress a few years ago. If you plan to collect emails on your website with pop-ups and other campaigns then I recommend it.
My dashboard also shows me comprehensive statistics such as Top 5 visited pages, conversions rates and all my subscribers.
They also make it easy for you to export subscribers

Cons

This feels really small to add to a review but logging out of Sumo completely will take an average techie awhile. I was looking for the log out button the first time I used it. It was so frustrating. I ended up going on their faq page on their website to find it. 'Click the "X" icon on the Sumo control panel (blue tab) while holding down the shift key to completely log out'. Why does it have to be so difficult?

Crystal I.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Many Tools in One Tool

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

There's a lot going on with Sumo. Sumo comes with many features that help improve your website: a welcome mat, floating share buttons, heat maps, content analysis, etc. I originally wanted Sumo for the floating share buttons, but then realized it could do a lot more.

Cons

Had quite a few issues with the floating share buttons conflicting with our website theme, BUT, Sumo has great customer support, so they overcame that con and turned it into a pro.

Megan B.

We use Sumo to add social buttons to our Wordpress sites and to grow newsletter lists

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I like that is collects all the data on social buttons and on newsletter subscriber acquisition fields all in one place.

Cons

It often feels buggy, and the changes I implement on the backend don't always show up, requiring me to repeat steps sometimes.

Response from Sumo group

Thanks for your review, Megan! We're constantly working on software improvements and value your input. If you experience any issues with the website, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.

Shashu A.

Great Plugin For My website

Reviewed on 2019/01/05

Pros

I am actively using SUMO on my website now. It's a great tool for my site. I've recommended it to many of my business connects. I use it for signups and newsletter listserves. I like that you can group signups by the promos you're running. The interface is easy to understand, it actually "guides" you through the creating process. It asks your desired outcome and where you'd like the signup box to appear, when, and what it will look like. You can turn on and off the sign-ups at any time. You can also send tests to see what it looks like when someone does sign up. You can check your website analytics with Sumo which is a great perk!

Cons

I hate that many times you have to re-login to sumo when it's connected through your website. Like I have Sumo linked as a plugin and I always have to re-login and I wish it would stay logged in. Also, when you are checking the analytics, I feel it could be more in-depth.
I wish that I could use more than one signup at a time. The unpaid version, of course, is limited. If you don't have design skills, you cannot make a "pretty" "pop-up" box with ease. But, if you're tech/design savvy, you should be okay.

Mateusz P.

Great way to engage website's users

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

Free to use, easy to set well-designed, discrete pop-ups, sharing features engaging content shares on social

Cons

The settings interface could be quicker, sometimes it's difficult to handle settings, e.g. if you have a live chat installed at your website.

Sharon V.
  • Industry: Photography

Great marketing tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

It is a great tool for lead collection, and so far the most effective way to gather contacts but it can also get expensive

Pros

It has multiple types of pop-ups for lead collection and integrates with WordPress and my email management system

Cons

Their pricing is based on website views not on unique number of users, this means that it can get very expensive especially for websites with volumes of traffic

• Used Other for Free Trial

As a user, it was easy to use and it gives free plan

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Its one of the best Plugin for collecting emails and so i recommend for everyone.

Pros

Sumo Forms are simple to set up and it takes you less than 5 Minutes to do so.
This plugins is very easy to install and create the account. The good thing is it allows you to create one account and use it on multiple websites without confusing you. The plugin allows integration with many Mailing Marketing services including Mailchimp and Awebner and many others

Cons

I did not like the Sumo Logo that appears in their designs. It might be because i was using a free plan. But i am sure the logo doesn't appear when you go with the paid plan.

Patrizio R.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It's basically a scam

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

There's nothing that has added value to my website. These guys are just after making money quick. Really dodgy company.

Cons

After my trial ended they proposed me another 30-day trial extension and a free strategy to use Sumo the best possible way. That was their trick to make me forget about them and start billing me. I never received any email, reports, invoice...nothing! Only recently, when I was checking my bank statement I realised that they have been billing me for 5 months.
After asking for a refund as I asked to cancel my subscription at the end of the first trial, they simply replied with a NO, no refunds.
Sumo does not add any value to a website! You can find better plugins that do more for less.

Esther G.
  • Industry: Photography

Grow your list with giveaways done for you

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I can grow my email list and business exposure because Sumo has the sharing feature all built in to their giveaway platform.

Pros

I love how Sumo takes care of the giveaway platform for me.

Cons

That I have to pay for it! Seriously, I really like how easy they have made it to run giveaways. :)

• Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A great way to start lead capture

Reviewed on 2016/06/08

I've been using SumoMe for about 4 months, it's super easy to implement and for a starter website it is phenomenal. I'm less sure about the advanced features (A/B testing, etc.) but the free tier is a phenomenal value

Pros

Free
Simple
Looks professional

Cons

The admin widget doesn't always show up on the page at first load

Audrey S.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Don't rely on customer support to get you going

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

It was relatively easy to create my first popup, so the edior orks well. But I never succeeded in collecting the email addresses it as supposed to collect.

Cons

The SUMO|website integration did not go so well. The blue SUMO tag attached to the upper right corner of my website is anoying and just won't go away. I did ask for support initially, but support never came. Looks like they are not into making you understand unless you pay. And still I ill never be able to vouch for this since obviously I will choose Leadepages. They care.

• Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Solid Product

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pros

Overall my experience has been positive quite easy to use.

Cons

Onboarding was a little difficult but it finally got figured out

Response from Sumo group

Thanks for your review! Happy to have you as our customer <3

Hao yuan C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Jake the film G.

I use Sumo's free suite of tools on my Squarespace site, and I have been 'em for nearly three...

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

A pain-free way to collect emails that go above and beyond what Squarespace and/or Mailchimp can offer to a startup/small business? Sumo has your back, hands down.

Pros

I love the (even at the freemium level) assorted tools they have for capturing emails. With a little bit of coding, you can customize your lead magnets, both in terms of appearance and delivery.

Cons

My only complaint with their suite of tools are their sharing tools, and this is nitpicky. I already have built-in share buttons on my CMS that look great on mobile and on a desktop. The Sumo tool was a real bother when I was using it (2015-2017). It even caused one of my followers to email and let me know it was a nuisance with this lagging (yet persistent in its following) behavior.

Response from Sumo group

Thanks for your review! We're constantly working on improvements and appreciate your feedback. If you ever would like to test out new features, here is a link to our Ecommerce plan free trial: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T
Good luck with your business!

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Sumo saves your time and allows managing you websites sing up forms on the go.

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

So far Sumo free version is installed on two our websites and everyone is happy with is.

Pros

Code is easy to install via GTM. My favourite feature is smart mode for visibility, which really is helpfull when you need to add a sign up form to your website quickly.

Cons

Sumo is probabbly not that easy to use for new users or those who never used similar services or edited images.

Tal L.

They have some bugs but i tried the free version and they keep getting better and add...

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Good. Gave me what I needed, free

Pros

Easy to use, great guides, helps achieve many marketing goals, combines analytics ontop of your website, great features

Cons

I encountered several bugs that didn't make me purchase but I'm pretty sure the paid version works great. They are a very good company, brand

Response from Sumo group

Thanks for your review, Tal! We are always improving our plans and hope you can feel more confident in using them :)

• Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 2+ years

An ideal way to start building a list

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Great starter product, ironically with the type of offers provided by appsumo you'll probably end up ditching this for something else in the long run

Pros

Sumo allows you to quickly and easily grow a list using intuitive opt in forms

You can build a large list of subscribers and then email them all within the free plan, which is great for starting out

Cons

Once you outgrow the free plan it starts getting expensive

It improved over the time frame in which I was using it, but it did seem a bit sluggish

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Very nice email capture tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

I was using Sumo at my wordpress site as a popup webform and I was very satisfied. The only reason I stopped it, is that mailerlite, which is my basic email marketing service, have started to provide popup forms so it's easier for me to have it all in one place.

Pros

Sumo has a killer free option for creating a very effective email capture form. It has very detailed analytics and it intergrades with the popular platforms wordpress and shopify.

Cons

I really can't find something I don't like about sumo. It's a complete solutions for gathering emails.

Great tools + great content

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Get more optins. It helps with this.

Pros

Easy to set up. High converting templates. Lots of different tools included.

Cons

On a previous site the code made the site slow but I think they have improved this now. Also Initially the export feature was not free but I understand the thinking behund htis.

Response from Sumo group

Thanks a bunch! We're working on additional features that would be available to our new and existing customers very soon. Stay tuned. Great updates are on the way ;)

bad product with a nice pack

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

They know how to market themselves.
They know how to convert users to pay.
They are a profitable company.

Cons

UNUSABLE product. we only wanted to use ONE popup and couldnt
Horrible customer support with limited knowledge about their own product.
The popups simply work only 30% of the times.
Our website loading time sky high with Sumo script.
Sumo added popup in the footer without letting us know (ON A PAID SUBSCRIPTION!)
We lost days to enable the implementation, and yet, the product isnt function.
Bad user experience.
Not enough documentation.
Product simply wont work.

Xand G.

Best Tool for Non-Technical Marketers Like Myself

Reviewed on 2015/11/17

Fabulous tool that I'm so, so happy to have discovered. I hesitated on installing for a long time, because I didn't want to destroy my website (hosted on HubSpot COS) but it was super easy to get set up and running.

Super smart automated lead gen. Capture leads where you hadn't before. Templates get you up and running instantly.

Pros

Free for most things. Amazingly easy to install.

Cons

So expensive to get the better features. You can't integrate with HubSpot until you pay for it. Managing it manually now, but could be a problem in the future.

Eerik H.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Review of Sumo

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Good marketing. Not the best experiene.

Pros

It was easy to set up, but not so easy to get pro at.

Cons

The annojing bar on the right side of the website while activated.

Sachin E.

Stop Leaving Money On The Table!

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Sumo which when I first started using was referred to as SumoMe has proven to be a worthy addition to my website arsenal and a valuable tool to recommend throughout my digital marketing consultancy. This set of tools has boost some of my clients email acquisition strategies as a number of clients where established brick and mortar stores but online virgins. SumoMe interface was really intuitive and presented very little headaches for my clients to wrap their heads around with a number of them collecting list of 1,000+ plus emails after previously struggling to even get 50 emails in the beginning.
These tools definitely adds value to any arsenal !

Pros

Grow your email list seamlessly
Address cart abandonment concerns
Ability to collect email address from user on exit
Discount Codes (ecommerce plan offers unique codes)
Autoresponder
And more

Cons

Free version advertises on your website
Plans can be costly if site offers little ROI

Anthony E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Sumo Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Sumo has helped me double my email subscribers which helps me convert them into customers. I have been able to share my own content with my audience on all my various social platforms like facebook, twitter, etc. to make them aware of new contents. This increases the engagement of my contents hence increasing my traffic as well.

Pros

After looking for a simple tool to increase my website's traffic and collect emails for marketing I found "sumo." It is very simple to integrate into my website. The settings are so simple with many preferences of your choice.

It helped me add social share buttons to my website and helped me grow my email lists at a faster rate. The attention of any visitor is easily caught to interact more with me and my website. Sending emails to a bunch of subscribers in my chosen groups look simple when using sumo.

The pop-up subscription box and the social share buttons are not intrusive and it has an automatic welcome message for all my new subscribers which saves my time of welcoming them with messages all the time.

Cons

I haven't been able to send emails to individual subscribers. It allows me to send marketing emails to only those added to my groups and I don't know why. I therefore believe because I am using the free version that is why I have been limited to that. I would like to be a premium member soon.