Jobin G.

Great tool, good price.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

There's is so much you can do and so much you can analze. You can soft by perople, where they live and who they are. Being able to break things down this way is a huge plus.

Cons

Sometimges the tool counts things as negative when it should be the oppositve. I think this occurs because it alalyzes the sentences and not the paragraphs. A lot of time, the topics can be this dificult. Customer service has been really helpful but it's hard to get a hold of them.

Candida M.

Best native language social media analytics

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

I've conducted social media brand analytics in at least 2 dozen languages in NetBase Application and can attest to its intuitive use and highly accurate recall. My native language analysts are able to ramp up skills with a short learning curve. Highly recommend for deep dive brand analysis, competitive foreign market brand analysis, new market product launch discovery, media tracking and the list goes on. Localspeak has a deep focus on the global fashion industry which we've studied in depth on NetBase.

Pros

Native language analytics and support

Cons

Looking for a less expensive buy-in

Amelia B.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best in market AND easy to use

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

I'm a huge advocate of Netbase. I work in the research team so our main uses for it are audience insight, campaign tracking, brand tracking, market analysis and wider thought leadership pieces on general attitudes and behaviours of society such as "Brexit". We use it for clients to create bespoke projects, to help our media planners with campaigns, to create relevant content for within the content teeam and also to win new business pitches. Netbase is straight forward and easy to use, the interface is so self explanatory and is ever-evolving meaning that new features and charts are appearing all the time. The flexibility and functionality is the best I've seen.

Pros

- Natural language processing
- Easy to use interface, you only have to use BOOLEAN if you really want to making it quick and easy to ass topics and retrieve data
- Functionality and flexibility is constantly updating, always asking for feedback from users.

Cons

- the fact we only have 3 logins within the business

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

NetBase

Reviewed on 2016/03/29

NetBase has provided a wealth of information with exceptional customer service standing behind the data. As an agency it has helped us deliver the best insights and creative ideas backed by data for our clients.

Pros

The amount of data they access is impressive, but more impressive is the level of service they provide to their clients.

Cons

It is an expensive tool, but worth the money if you are able to use it to dig deeper and gather the insights to help you make better decisions.

Maritza M.

Great platform for deriving insights fast!

Reviewed on 2016/04/13

PROS:
I've used many social listening tools, but NetBase has been by far one of the most intuitive and exemplary solutions. We are able to quickly build queries in Boolean or assisted format and quickly dive into conversation insights. The customer service is AMAZING!

CONS:
This tool is best suited to find audience and conversation insights, but needs a little more work on the measurement piece. Nonetheless, I have truly enjoyed using this great tool!

Agnes C.

Overall Decent

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

Boolean format odd, difficult to use in window; Firehose loading slow; Instagram underdeveloped

Meghan S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Loving Netbase for clients and new business

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

We use Netbase for a variety of different needs.
Campaign tracking - When you launch a campaign, you can analyze it over time to [see] how things go. Disaster control - if something bad happens for you or your client, you can see in real time the things they are saying, so you can figure out how to fix it. Disaster tracking - if sentiment gets too low, you can set up an alert so you can immediately see what is going on in order to identify the problem. NetBase is being used in a number of different ways at my agency. We use it to keep track of our competitors; we use it to track our success for our current clients, and one of the most useful purposes is for new business. NetBase helps us discover what works and what doesn't for potential clients, and also uncovers patterns or opportunities, especially when it comes to social media.

Pros

Demographics are HUGE. You can analyze topics by people, where they live, and who they are. That way you can delve into cultural nuances. Being able to see patterns in how people react to news, campaigns, and and brand changes. Sentiment. Always sentiment. This helps us to figure out what people really feel. NetBase even accounts for sarcasm and can analyze emojis.

Cons

Sometimes sentiment analysis slips up. It can count something as negative when it is really positive, because it analyzes the sentence and not the paragraph. Neutral sentiment. A lot of the time, a topic can be 80% neutral, which makes analyzation difficult. Customer service - when you run out of hours, you can no longer get help, which is frustrating.

Emily F.

Great software. Advanced but not too advanced that it's hard to use.

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Saved me soooooo much time!

Pros

So easy to use. Gives you in-depth analytics without taking super long. Went from not using a software to using this and wow - I regret not using this before! Used this for many campaigns for Toyota Canada - great for word clouds, and finding out what people are saying about their vehicles, recalls, etc.

Cons

I felt like the customer service isn't that great. The software is really easy to use but I knew there was a LOT more that I could do but I just didn't know how. Luckily, it's so easy to learn on your own but I would really like to learn the advanced options on Netbase.

Sharnelle K.

Great social listening tool

Reviewed on 2016/01/04

Pros:
- NetBase has some great features that really allow you to dive into what is being said about a certain topic, as well how people are feeling about various topics. My favourite features are the word clouds and net sentiment charts but the comparison tool is also very handy for the reports I write for clients.
- NetBase is always coming out with new features.
- The account manager and social analyst working on my account are very helpful and are quick to respond to all my emails (thanks Nani and Jess!). The training is fantastic whenever a new feature comes out, they ensure I understand how the new feature works and how it can be applied to what I do at Saatchi & Saatchi.

Cons:
- Although NetBase is always releasing new features, they have been somewhat slow at fixing some of the issues the social team at Saatchi has encountered with the platform.

Overall, NetBase is a really great tool to use if you want to find out how your brand is being talked about, especially in comparison to others. It's also very easy to use!

Response from NetBase Solutions

Thank you!

Netbase - Robust Social Monitoring Solution

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Netbase is a tremendously useful social listening/monitoring tool that we use for all aspects of modern digital marketing. In new-business pitches, netbase allows us to quickly understand the demographic space a brand might operate, allowing us to being ideating around possible creative ideas that will resonate with that particular audience. When business is won, Netbase is used to monitor social communications allowing for creative decisions to be informed as well as allowing us to monitoring the resonant impact of content that we create. Features like cross-tab analysis, demographic breakdowns and sentiment analysis all allow for quick-turnaround analysis ideal for last-minute client asks or other fire drill.

Pros

- Data Flexibility
- Ease of Query Writing
- Dashboards

Cons

- Unintuitive UI
- Expensive

Christin G.

Netbase reigns supreme

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I loved the capabilities to easily navigate the platform without being a boolean pro. Their Audience 3D tool is also amazing for segmentation (but a bit costly)

Cons

Only 2 years worth of data is available which can be a bummer if you are doing a deep dive.

Zara B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Netbase review

Reviewed on 2016/09/05

Netbase is a great and flexible tool which enables quick and easy analysis to get a snapshot understanding of current topics, brands or themes and is easily accessible and user friendly. Working in research in a media agency we work across a variety of clients and categories, using the tool for a variety of tasks from delving into a new brand or category for quick turnaround insights (e.g. for new business), understanding brand sentiment or signal planning.

Pros

It's really easy to use but allows the user to uncover a variety of different insights.

Cons

Cost - it would be great to be able to have more logins!

Alessandra C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

a easy brand track user for web profane user!

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

I have seen grown my business with the best social analytics solution.

Cons

So far so good. I only need to grow the company.

Carrie S.

Reviewed on 2016/01/23

Ksenia B.

Netbase is the best-in-class social listening tool I've used

Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Audience focused behaviors, their passion points, and interests are key things we try to gain deeper understanding in. Once you have certain topics/themes you like to analyze this helps us to understand the different nuances and to be able to quantify them.

Pros

They provide so many different ways in which you can analyze the data. As long as you have in-depth training of what the tool provides the power to uncover rich insights is at your fingertips. I like the unlimited number of topics and themes and how you can get creative with them. Love how you can create an authors-based theme to gain deeper insights into their behaviors outside of your brand space.

Cons

I don't have anything in particular that I dislike but one thing I wish that social listening tools can do is categorizing completely unstructured data into similar content and topics (like Quid). Most social listening tools are a query-based set up, so if you miss a keyword there's potential you might miss something.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

NetBase for social listening

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

We use NetBase primarily to monitor our brand health but over the course of the last 3+ years that we have been with NetBase, our account manager/reps have helped us discover several other ways that the platform can provide intelligence. We now use NetBase for competitive analysis, crisis management/monitoring, and campaign performance. These are all areas that our organization had never before had insights to. It has also helped us become better connected with our different business lines/industries.

Pros

--NetBase's overall dedication and efforts towards improving the system, releasing regularly scheduled product release updates.
--Superior customer service and always so very knowledgeable. Our account reps have truly become an extension of our organization and really get our business.
--Visualization/ visual dashboards make insights easy to understand, especially when we are distributing reports to key stakeholders throughout our organization who may not be as familiar with our world and lingo.
--The platform does a remarkable job deciphering emojis/emoticons, slang, and alternative spelling.
--Customizable dashboards/dashboard templates have made my life as a social media analyst MUCH easier.

Cons

The dashboard reporting formatting can be a bit tedious at first in terms of ensuring all of your metrics/widgets fit together on the same page.

Chris M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Netbase is a robust social listening tool with an emphasis on sentiment.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Outside of the expected social listening options, you can actually use this to identify content opportunities and learn how people talk about certain products or services. This yields an additional data source for content research.

Pros

Netbase covers a wide range of social listening options and allows you to break down results by sentiment, geography, gender, age, and other demographics. It's pretty easy to setup a topic and get quick results, at least within the last 30 days (longer time periods take more time to analyze). For the most part, the sentiment is pretty accurate. Netbase seems to strive to focus on this with professional linguistics involved in their software.

Cons

Despite the normal accuracy of sentiment, there are still plenty of occasions where the sentiment is either wrong, or listed as neutral when it's not. I don't think this is a limitation of Netbase, it's more about the industry of machine learning. Analyzing longer periods of time can also take a while to load, and some social networks aren't as easy to analyze, like YouTube.

Great tool for monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Overall this program has helped my team a lot. We deal with tons of issue management and crisis control so this helps us stay ahead of the conversations and know when to alert the clients. It also gives such a deep dive into the results that we have learned a lot more than we could have with other tools.

Pros

I love that you can set up different terms and keep tracking their conversations over time. So glad we dont have to reenter the keywords time and time again. The information that the program provides is also excellent with a wide range of metrics. From sentiment to key influencers this took has been very helpful

Cons

It has taken our teams a while to learn, and I still feel like we aren't 100 percent up to speed. This learning curve can be frustrating and reduces efficiency. Definitely recommend having the rep support and people to specialize in this tool rather than office wide for tinkering in.

Jessica L.

The Right Tool for Doing Social Listening Right

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Pros

Netbase is by far my favorite tool I have ever used for social listening in 8+ years working in social. The way that you are able to set up queries is unlike any other tool. The access they have and partnerships with social networks is profound. I love the reporting aspect we have been able to gather more information that is valuable from Netbase than any other tool I have used.

Cons

Honestly the only thing that can be prohibitive is the cost. If you are able to justify the cost by charging your clients than this is by far the tool you should go with.

Ted T.

Great Product and Phenomenal Support

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

Over the past decade, I've had the pleasure to see the social intelligence field mature as well as had opportunity to work with a variety of social intelligence tools. This past fall, I placed our agency's social intelligence solution under review. My criteria for selecting a product included historical data, features, functionality, budget, and support. After a rigorous review process, NetBase was by far the clear choice.

NetBase has proven to be more than just a social intelligence tool. It has by far some of the best features in the market, inclusive of cross-tabs, geography to the city and metro level, the Brand Passion Index, and automated alerts that are life savers. The NetBase product development team constantly releases new features in a timely manner.

Since our implementation, we've had a huge client crisis that we were able to provide mission critical intelligence. By using a mix of NetBase's features, we were able to qualitatively and quantitatively analyze the conversation surrounding the crisis. This was extremely critical as we were able to sift through the noise and identify key issues that needed to be addressed.

Product support is another HUGE bonus with NetBase. From our account manager to our dedicated analyst, the team absolutely rocks! Onboarding was smooth, efficient, and thorough. They took the time to make sure everyone on our team understood the product and functionality. Additionally, when you need them, they're there! From the top of the organization down, this is a great group of people.

Netbase sifts through the noise of unstructured social data and turns it into useful business intelligence that allows us to assist clients in making informed business decision.

Tara W.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy to use and accurate actionable data

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Netbase which is a tool which provides us with another perspective that you can't get from traditional qual and quant research. It allows us to understand the views of a huge array of consumers looking at brand perceptions, category issues and trends as well as the effectiveness of media campaigns.

Pros: how instant the results are and that you can adapt what you are looking for depending on the situation. You aren't confined to just UK research

Cons: that you only have a couple of log ins meaning it is harder to push out the use of the tool with other teams

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great social listening tool!

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

I use NetBase at my advertising agency to see what is being said about our brands online from social networks, to news outlets, and blogs.

The feature I enjoy the most is NetBase's net sentiment tool. Our client likes being able to have quantifiable number for love for the brand and NetBase provides just that.

Pros

- Great support
- In-depth analyses tools (net sentiment, word clouds, mentions, etc.)

Cons

- Added costs for access to certain features

Alex O.

Netbase is

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

I have used many social listening tools but NetBase is by far the best one. The best features are:

- The account managers and customer service representatives are responsive, patient and polite. They are also highly knowledgeable and are willing to work with clients to achieve their analytical needs.
- There are so many ways to cut social data in the tool, and features like word clouds and geography are fantastic visuals to share in reports.
- Netbase is regularly updated, and account managers always listen to client feedback. There are new features and improvements every month.

Maria Y.

Social Media Analytics

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

The product is undoubtedly brilliant, the underlying infrastructure is robust. NLP is seen at it's best with NetBase. It makes life so much easier with sentiment analysis, coming up a new strategy becomes really easy. Features like Features like cross-tab analysis, demographic breakdowns abd quick-turnaround analysis really makes it cutting edge.

Pros

Amazing NLP, Easy Query Writing, Data Accuracy, Great Customer Support

Cons

The only downside I feel is pricing.

Netbase| Understanding your brand

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Overall it gives us the information we would like to have handy in the event of a PR emergency and other cases, but it looks more promising than what it actually is.

Pros

Netbase makes it very easy for you to get in contact with the conversations about your company over the web & most social plattforms, you should be able to see articles, comments and mentions about your company.

Cons

Setting up each part could be confusing and might not give you the result you want. it's a real try and error experience.