NetBase Reviews

4.8/5 (17 reviews)
Rebecca M.

A Social Media Analyst's Best Friend

Reviewed on 2016/01/22

Over the course of the last 3 years we have been with NetBase, we have watched them expand the platform in ways we would have never imagined. They continue to expand their capabilities, and as a result, it has become indescribably less effortless for us to obtain insights and understand our customers, general consumer opinions and needs. Providing this data to our key stakeholders throughout our company is something that has never done before prior to using NetBase. We support the high level/ top of the organization who have control over how our field locations operate. These individuals are not in the social space from day-to-day, so part of what we set out to accomplish is make them aware of what is taking place in the social space. NetBase allows us to uncover insights we never had access to before, enabling us to provide strategic guidance on our social business approach on a multitude of levels, including crisis management, business development, campaign performance, and competitive intelligence.

Pros:
- Customer service & attention to your company, business objectives, and what they can do to help in accomplishing those goals. Account reps are genuine and do not come across as being sales-y (i.e., 'it's all about the benjamins'). This has been a driving factor for us. NetBase has really come a long way since my first exposure to NetBase 3 years ago. Keeping up with new features/functionalities over the years has been a challenge, but an even bigger challenge has been understanding how to maximize and use it in a way that helps our business. They are ALWAYS there to provide support when you need it, no matter how minor the question or issue, I can't speak highly enough about the customer service at NetBase. It is very hard to put it in words, but this truly is vital to us, and makes all the difference. They really do act as an extension of your team.
- Product releases (constantly rolling out new features, sending out bi-weekly email notifications, offering webinars post-release)
- Digital Channel Intelligence DCI
- Dashboard templates
- Speed/performance
- They listen to customer feedback and actually action it.

Cons:
User-friendliness of the reporting functionality is an ongoing issue that they are still working on (formatting of the widgets/metrics within the report and exporting to a PDF). This really is my only complaint about the platform, although this wasn't even an available feature when we first started using the platform.

Dana M.

NetBase is a very powerful platform

Reviewed on 2016/04/08

NetBase is well suited for research, new business, and diving into broad topics and finding subtrends.It also does a great job of getting to a deeper level of sentiment and behaviors/attitudes that some other platforms through NLP and the use of themes (with more accuracy). The highly flexible platform ensures that you can cut and filter your data in just about any way imaginable, and it's done very quickly. For research projects where historical data is important, NetBase can go back 2 years without additional fees (competitors often charge a fee for more than 30 days historical).

Pros:
Their NLP is very strong with the ability to distinguish subject in sentences and then apply analysis based on either the subject or sentence. Competitors lack strong NLP and often have lower degrees of accuracy.
The platform is highly flexible with dozens of ways to filter and cut the data. It is great for an analyst that really wants to deep dive into the data. However, the analysis done automatically by NetBase is also strong enough that less experienced users would still be able to gain insight with ease.
The customizable dashboards are perfect for client reporting and drastically reduce the amount of time spent preparing recurring reports and decks. These are also very flexible depending on reporting needs.

Cons:

I have a lot of experience with writing boolean queries in social listening platforms, and NetBase's option for boolean is not as user friendly. Getting familiar with the platform's more basic query structure when not using boolean also requires a slight learning curve (if you are used to boolean).
Even for all of it's strengths, it gets pretty pricey for only a handful of users. For an agency that requires multiple seats, this can add up very quickly.
If having 100% of data is necessary (e.g. for tracking a Twitter hashtag campaign or sweepstakes), you must enable the firehose. Otherwise the decahose is used and then the sample is projected to estimated universe count. Not a problem for some situations, but definitely a problem for others.

Ted T.

Great Product and Phenomenal Support

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

Over the past decade, I've had the pleasure to see the social intelligence field mature as well as had opportunity to work with a variety of social intelligence tools. This past fall, I placed our agency's social intelligence solution under review. My criteria for selecting a product included historical data, features, functionality, budget, and support. After a rigorous review process, NetBase was by far the clear choice.

NetBase has proven to be more than just a social intelligence tool. It has by far some of the best features in the market, inclusive of cross-tabs, geography to the city and metro level, the Brand Passion Index, and automated alerts that are life savers. The NetBase product development team constantly releases new features in a timely manner.

Since our implementation, we've had a huge client crisis that we were able to provide mission critical intelligence. By using a mix of NetBase's features, we were able to qualitatively and quantitatively analyze the conversation surrounding the crisis. This was extremely critical as we were able to sift through the noise and identify key issues that needed to be addressed.

Product support is another HUGE bonus with NetBase. From our account manager to our dedicated analyst, the team absolutely rocks! Onboarding was smooth, efficient, and thorough. They took the time to make sure everyone on our team understood the product and functionality. Additionally, when you need them, they're there! From the top of the organization down, this is a great group of people.

Netbase sifts through the noise of unstructured social data and turns it into useful business intelligence that allows us to assist clients in making informed business decision.

Great tool for monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Overall this program has helped my team a lot. We deal with tons of issue management and crisis control so this helps us stay ahead of the conversations and know when to alert the clients. It also gives such a deep dive into the results that we have learned a lot more than we could have with other tools.

Pros

I love that you can set up different terms and keep tracking their conversations over time. So glad we dont have to reenter the keywords time and time again. The information that the program provides is also excellent with a wide range of metrics. From sentiment to key influencers this took has been very helpful

Cons

It has taken our teams a while to learn, and I still feel like we aren't 100 percent up to speed. This learning curve can be frustrating and reduces efficiency. Definitely recommend having the rep support and people to specialize in this tool rather than office wide for tinkering in.

Sharnelle K.

Great social listening tool

Reviewed on 2016/01/04

Pros:
- NetBase has some great features that really allow you to dive into what is being said about a certain topic, as well how people are feeling about various topics. My favourite features are the word clouds and net sentiment charts but the comparison tool is also very handy for the reports I write for clients.
- NetBase is always coming out with new features.
- The account manager and social analyst working on my account are very helpful and are quick to respond to all my emails (thanks Nani and Jess!). The training is fantastic whenever a new feature comes out, they ensure I understand how the new feature works and how it can be applied to what I do at Saatchi & Saatchi.

Cons:
- Although NetBase is always releasing new features, they have been somewhat slow at fixing some of the issues the social team at Saatchi has encountered with the platform.

Overall, NetBase is a really great tool to use if you want to find out how your brand is being talked about, especially in comparison to others. It's also very easy to use!

Response from NetBase Solutions

Thank you!

Christin G.

Netbase reigns supreme

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I loved the capabilities to easily navigate the platform without being a boolean pro. Their Audience 3D tool is also amazing for segmentation (but a bit costly)

Cons

Only 2 years worth of data is available which can be a bummer if you are doing a deep dive.

Cassidy W.

Great tool for social listening!

Reviewed on 2016/04/26

Netbase is a really useful tool for social listening allowing you to go above and beyond with the posts about your topic. I absolutely love their word cloud features. You can view top used words, hashtags, brands, and emojis! Their crosstab feature along with using themes is really helpful for doing a deep competitive analysis. The Netbase dashboard feature has allowed me to send client ready reports with the click of a button. Not only is the tool laid out in a simple, easy to view template, and perfect for all our social listening needs, the reps are great with anything questions we have and always willing to help!

Luca L.

Great Social listening tools specially for Agency

Reviewed on 2016/02/01

One of the best tool in the market (I have experience with Hexagon, Synthesio, Radian6 etc..).
Best use is for agency side, when you need to access quickly to data for both clients and pitches (it is the only one with truly unlimited access which gives you unlimited data, monitors, dashboards).
It is incredible how quickly and easily you can create a dashboard full of insights. Customer Service is amazing, always willing to help you with any crazy request.
Influencers and TW, Instagram or Facebook Social Profiles analysis are the only 2 area where Netbase is not the best one (but it is not the worst!)

Alex O.

Netbase is

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

I have used many social listening tools but NetBase is by far the best one. The best features are:

- The account managers and customer service representatives are responsive, patient and polite. They are also highly knowledgeable and are willing to work with clients to achieve their analytical needs.
- There are so many ways to cut social data in the tool, and features like word clouds and geography are fantastic visuals to share in reports.
- Netbase is regularly updated, and account managers always listen to client feedback. There are new features and improvements every month.

Zara B.

Netbase review

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2016/09/05

Netbase is a great and flexible tool which enables quick and easy analysis to get a snapshot understanding of current topics, brands or themes and is easily accessible and user friendly. Working in research in a media agency we work across a variety of clients and categories, using the tool for a variety of tasks from delving into a new brand or category for quick turnaround insights (e.g. for new business), understanding brand sentiment or signal planning.

Pros

It's really easy to use but allows the user to uncover a variety of different insights.

Cons

Cost - it would be great to be able to have more logins!

Maritza M.

Great platform for deriving insights fast!

Reviewed on 2016/04/13

PROS:
I've used many social listening tools, but NetBase has been by far one of the most intuitive and exemplary solutions. We are able to quickly build queries in Boolean or assisted format and quickly dive into conversation insights. The customer service is AMAZING!

CONS:
This tool is best suited to find audience and conversation insights, but needs a little more work on the measurement piece. Nonetheless, I have truly enjoyed using this great tool!

Alessandra C.

a easy brand track user for web profane user!

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

I have seen grown my business with the best social analytics solution.

Cons

So far so good. I only need to grow the company.

Meghan S.

Netbase for Social listening

Reviewed on 2016/02/22

This program is the best I have used for social listening. It takes a little while to use, but once you learn the program, you can do almost anything with it. If I ever have a problem or need immediate assistance, my representative is always there for me to help me out. Their customer service is remarkable. I really love this tool!

Katherine J.

NetBase Agency Review

Reviewed on 2016/01/25

We utilize NetBase for research, strategy, and reporting on many of our consumer facing projects. NetBase provides us with direct from consumer insights that shape the development of strategies and program components as well as allow us to evaluate the response to events and campaigns.

Dave P.

Great and innovative product!

Reviewed on 2016/02/26

I've found NetBase to be the perfect tool in order for me to be successful at social listening and analytics. NetBase is constantly improving and enhancing their product and I feel that that's what really separates them from their competition.

Henry D.

Very useful!

Reviewed on 2016/06/01

Netbase is a fantastic solution for social listening, although its reach is somewhat limited. Still waiting for fleshed out facebook listening, but it'll come :)

Agnes C.

Overall Decent

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

Boolean format odd, difficult to use in window; Firehose loading slow; Instagram underdeveloped