BigTime Reviews

4.6/5 (440 reviews)
David D.

Solid Platform for Professional Services Organizations

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Automating, improving, and reducing time and cost required to process weekly time and expense. Providing reporting and audit-ability across the entire process with a few button clicks vs having to sort through manual data collection templates.

Pros

Overall, we have been very happy with BigTime and its use in support of our field consultants. Our production implementation went smoothly and their staff provided helpful training and support to assist us with our launch. In addition, we have been very pleased with the configurability of the platform - just about every time we wanted to do something a certain way, for example how we wanted to display the form for our field's timesheet data entry, there was a way to configure the system to our liking.

Also, we have been very impressed with the speed of the system and the design of the user interface. It's very responsive, easy to use, and everything is laid out intuitively. Also, the Reporting module is very comprehensive and it provides a way to pull data just about any which way one could want. BigTime has also been responsive and helpful in helping to support us when certain custom reports were required and we needed some guidance.

Special thanks to both CSRs for their support with our implementation.

Cons

We have no outstanding support tickets currently and we have only seen a few small glitches but once we bring them to the vendors attention there is usually a way to correct it or some type of acceptable workaround. As far as suggested areas we think they can improve upon, one would be having the ability to set up to send specific invoices to multiple customer contacts on the To: line. Another area for improvement is sometimes the bill rate isn’t pulled into the invoicing module consistently so we have to re-enter all the rates in that particular project code.

As far as platform enhancements to make BigTime even better, we have suggested the ability to enhance the Allocations module so a manager can forecast a resource across multiple projects within the same or multiple accounts from the same screen/grid. Today this must be done via clicking into each project in the Project List section which is time consuming and a little clunky. This would be huge for us since we have a number of consultants who work on multiple projects across a given week/month/etc. Another enhancement would be to provide easy-to-pull reports that show a consultants profitability (revenue generated minus cost) across a given date range. This is not currently doable with the platform, but all the data is there since the system maintains both bill rate and cost-level information. We are hoping these items make their way onto the product roadmap here in the relative near future.

Response from BigTime Software

David,

First of all, thanks so much for posting this extensive review for us here at BigTime. It is most appreciated and valuable to get specific feedback from our users. We are pleased that you're finding the platform responsive and flexible enough to meet your needs and we are very pleased that both Jeff and Kevin have provided excellent support to you.

Please do reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of further assistance in any way - we are always happy to help.

Rhonda R.

Experience was rough in the beginning. It would be VALUABLE for onboarding to be completed by someo

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

full integration with our financial software - invaluable... there are many great software solutions out there that do what they do fantastically, however they lack full detailed integration with financial software... not Big Time! BigTime allows you to manage workflow and not miss deadlines. You can quickly reassign work, monitor deadlines, track phone calls/messages, assign tasks, view work in progress, allocate work, and also track all financial functions related to this work inside your financial software. No more having to track accounts receivable and client payments in two systems. After spending 8 months with 2 people trying and testing multiple practice management solutions, Big Time was the best and satisfied all of the "critical" requirements.

Pros

The ability to communicate in detail with QBD and QBO. FYI to all who job cost... You CANNOT job cost in QBO. It is not a limitation of BigTime, it is a limitation of QBO. Which is what i mean by my partial experience answer above... (allow more text there).. if onboarding is completed with a premeeting checklist about the firms existing workflow and time management and by someone intimately familiar with the industry that is using BigTime the cons below could be addressed upfront. The team at BigTime were difficult to get a hold of but once they were aware they worked like crazy to get us setup and working in the time frame we had. We moved our QBO file back to QBD (we had to do the testing on our own because the team at BT didn't know why job costing wasn't working in QBO) Once we moved back to QBD the job costing, invoicing, payroll work like a charm inside QBD. Hands down, it is the best integration with QBD of any practice management software out there... We had 2 people who spent 8 months testing many software solutions... most were lacking at least 1 "critical" requirement... Big Time was not. As we become aware and work through things like "terminology" we are becoming more and more confident in the workflow and keeping track of what is due when and who has what and what state the work is in. This is key as we go into tax season but also something we cannot live without on a day to day basis as 95% of our work is recurring on various time schedules. Thank yo

Cons

The wide range of terminology used in the software is confusing and causes errors to be made during implementation. Examples: Start Date and End Date... without these terms being defined you would think that start date is the day the work should begin and that End Date is the DUE DATE. Not so within Big Time. For recurring tasks, Start Date means Due Date in Big Time language. Another example: Completed vs Archived. Completed in most software solutions means that the job is finished or done; and archived means done and sent to storage with no recurrence nor future work is expected. In Big Time the term Archive means Completed or Finished or Done and removes the task from the workflow list and generates the next task in the reccurence. In BigTime the term Completed means something different... still unsure what it means because even when you update a task/project status to "completed" the task remains on the workflow list.

Denise T.

We use BigTime for Professional Services Automation. It is great for our multilevel company.

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Our company is not able to more accurately and completely track time to be charged to a project. Our systems are now more automated and more paperless.

Pros

BigTime allows users from a variety of backgrounds to connect to the software from various platforms (desktop, laptop, smart phone) to track time per project, to track expenses on a daily basis with electronic submission of receipts, to run reports on time spent, to connect with external accounting software seamlessly.

Cons

the software has some limits on "naming" items that do not always correspond directly to our external software and do not fit within our company culture. (For example: In BigTime, billable means charged to the project, may invoiced or may not invoice. In our company culture, billable means an invoice will be sent for payment to the client.

Response from BigTime Software

Denise,

Thank you so much for the review - we truly appreciate the time and the effort you've taken to let us know how our software is working for you. We're very happy to hear that BigTime is working for you throughout your organization and that you're able to use the software across several different platforms - we work hard to make that happen!

We're very sorry to hear that some of the terminology used by BigTime is inconsistent with your business processes. We try to make BigTime as flexible as possible, and you can change many of these terms within your Lexicon (check under My Company>My Company>Lexicon) but there are some terms we cannot change at this time. That being said, that feature might make for an excellent Feature Request. If you'd like to learn more about how to submit a Feature Request, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Sonia G.

The training sessions have been paramount to my success with using the software. Brea rocks!

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Ease of use with Quickbooks integrations and lots of customizations for staff

Pros

Straight forward navigation on all tabs makes all operations easy. I like that all of the administrator functions are kept fairly simple; there are a lot of great ways to customize almost everything, without being overwhelming to learn. Most customizations are nice since you really only need to set them up once, then make small tweaks until everything is just right. The software will be very easy to train new employees to use. I love that it links to Quickbooks; I have so much less leg work than my previous software when it comes to data entry. So far a fairly smooth transition from the previous software.

Cons

While there are a lot of ways to customize the appearance of pages for employees, the invoices are still fairly restrictive. I find it odd that I can't change little things like: justifications (Overall message stuck in the center of the page and I can't indent it lower), and the job name is right justified and continues long names to the next line mid word sometimes; the color or boldness of each text line (ex. I would like the job name bold or larger font and some lines to be in color). I know these changes can be made as a word doc, but then it won't change my template in Big Time.. Second, creating a report to my liking has been very challenging. I need a monthly report for each project manager with an individual detailed overview of each project every month. However, when I have tried to tailor existing reports or make my own I always get an error that my report can't be created. Third, our billing cycle falls mid month and it would be preferable if timesheets and billing could be broken up by custom billing cycle rather than monthly. It's hard to track the cycle with just a weekly timesheet view. It's a change we can work with, but it requires a lot of extra work for the admin to constantly filter in invoicing. Lastly, the character limit on job titles is painfully small. We have a hard time getting all crucial information to fit. It would help dramatically if the job info screen had a place to record the address of the job.

Scott S.

Flexible Project SetUp and QBO Integration

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

We support many different kinds of projects and contracts. We have T&M, Fixed Fee, Recurring and some Fixed Fee with a T&M Element. We like BigTime because it is easy to set up a project with tasks (line items) that match our contracting terms. Also, it is possible to set Cost and Bill rates at the Company, Project or even Task Level. This kind of flexibility makes it easy for us to produce invoices that match our contract setup. We also needed something with fairly tight QuickBooks Online integration. BigTime deliveres here also. Lastly, the reporting facility in BigTime is very usuable.

Cons

There is not really anything that I find I don't like. From time to time, I have a feature request for the BigTime team. They communicate very well regarding their roadmap.

Response from BigTime Software

Scott,

We are so very thankful for your review - we really thank you for taking the time to post it. :) We are very happy that you're finding BigTime's flexible invoicing system able to provide what you need when it comes time to send your customers the bill. Also, we love that we can make it easy for you to setup your diverse projects with all their various bill rate structures and unique needs. The fact that you are utilizing our Quickbooks integration as well and it's working for your business, well, that's just icing on the cake!

Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you.

Mary Z.

I still recommend this product after having using it for 10 years

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Time tracking, expense reports and invoicing all comes out of the same information that is entered in one place: BigTime We use QuickBooks for accounting and the BigTime information flows easily into QuickBooks at a nightly synchronization.

Pros

The ease of use and setup, management and flawless connection to QuickBooks to post information and allow us to invoice clients, print and pay expense reports and collect project information in an easy to use project database. Time tracking is a breeze and built in reports allow us to view important information with a few clicks.

Cons

That the BigTime monitor is not a service but it requires an account to be always signed in in order to run. I hope it can be converted to a service that we don't have to worry about.

Response from BigTime Software

Mary,

Thanks so much for your review - hearing good things from our customers always makes us happy, but hearing good things from our customers from the past decade really makes our year! :)

We're very pleased to hear that we're doing things well in your book and we're going to try really hard to keep doing so and maintain your positive impression of us. Regarding the Sync Manager, it's actually the security requirements of Quickbooks that prevents us from creating a stand-alone service, so as long as Quickbooks keeps their security as is, then our hands are unfortunately tied.

Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, or if we can assist in anyway!

The BigTime Customer Success Team

Good Basic system that is easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall BigTime is a good system that works for what it is suppose to and is simple to use for someone that knows how to use a computer. We have been able to track hours against certain projects by person which helps us with cost estimating. I am sure there are plenty of good systems out there but I have been satisfied for my responsibility when using BigTime.

Pros

The ability to pull out job lists with titles is very convenient for having team review meetings. You are able to pull out most reports into excel and filter and sort from there. Having the task status is very useful for those who utilize that feature. My office does not take full advantage of the capabilities this system offers but does work for us when being used.

Cons

For the new Gantt chart feature I have not been able to use very much but am disappointed it is not able to be exported into excel like the other reports. The difficulty with this system is that it is only as good as your weakest link. For my office enforcing full participation is difficult and that prevents us from taking full advantage. I do not work in accounting but apparently it does not sync as well as it used to for quick books and other software. This makes work duplicated on that end which is really inconvenient. Another item that is irritating is when pulling complete job list you have to do it a certain way or else it will not pull old jobs that you were not listed as team member for. That caused some confusion/concern during review meetings.

Derek C.

Bigtime Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

My company is able to use Bigtime for time and job management. All of our employees utilize it and is pretty user friendly. Customer support is extremely important to me and I have been working with representative who is the Manager for Customer Success and she has been great to work with! Without her support I would not have been able to learn how to utilize all of the functions that are beneficial for our business. I look forward to continuing to work with representative with helping me grow my knowledge of the software and utilize all of the great functions Bigtime has to offer. Thank you representative!

Pros

I like the functionality and how we were able to have some custom features made that are helpful for my job/company and how we use Bigtime.

Cons

I don't like that there are some advanced features offered but they are not completely working when I try to set them up.

Response from BigTime Software

Derek,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased to hear that your interactions with Chris are helping you to understand all of our software's functionality and how you can apply your business processes to it. This is great to hear!

As well, be sure and check out our Knowledge Base, which has hundreds of detailed articles on all of BigTime's functionality - these articles will prove to be invaluable as you continue to learn about BigTime's advanced features: http://kb.bigtime.net/

We hope this helps, and thanks again!

Shannon D.

BigTime is a huge asset

Reviewed on 2015/12/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have been using BigTime for about 6 months now and could not be happier. In my previous company, I purchased a time tracking software for my employees and bookkeeping and it was a disaster. It didn't integrate with Quickbooks, was cumbersome to use, fouled up our taxes and was extremely expensive. Conversely, BigTime has been a huge breath of fresh air. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allows me to easily track my time, expenses, and create invoices. I can readily see where I am with project budgets verses time spent and can easily gauge when it is time to bill. I am now a sole proprietor and have to wear all of the hats of the business. Having BigTime has been an indispensable tool in being able to manage the "business" side of the business easily and efficiently.
The customer service (specifically through my personal Account Manager) is outstanding. If I ever have a question, he has solved it through timely and knowledgeable feedback or it has been resolved with a quick online chat with support.
As you can tell, I can't say enough about this software and am so glad that I found it (and wish I would have found it sooner).

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change

Eman J.

BigTime saves the time in timekeeping!

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

If you want to have the confidence in the accuracy of how many hours you bill your client for a certain project or if you want your employees to save time in creating their timesheet, choose BigTime!

Pros

BigTime saved us from doing biologs, logging out and also the need of us to keep track by ourselves the time we spent for a single project. It is an online application where you can input how many hours did you consume just to create or to lead a single project versus the other projects that you are doing.

BigTime saved me more time in logging in and logging out, and also keeping track with how many hours of work I did for the day.

Cons

What I don't like about BigTime is that sometimes when you submit your timesheet, it creates duplicates times. So instead of just sending 40 hours of work in a week sometimes it gets doubled or tripled.

Response from BigTime Software

Eman,

Thanks so much for posting a review for us here - we really appreciate everything you have to say and your taking the time to post a review. :) We are very pleased that our software is saving you time and freeing you up to do your job and run your business - that's precisely what we created BigTime to do!

Regarding your duplication of time, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team ([email protected]) if this persists, as this is definitely not the norm for BigTime functionality. We'd be happy to help out and get this corrected. :)

Feel free to reach out to us on the Customer Success Team as well.

Kate H.

Great interface for timesheets and expense reports

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

I like the intuitive interface that generally does not confuse me. I also like that if I have a specific question, I can typically get it answered quickly through the support team.

Cons

1. I would love to have access to timesheet and expense review through the app on my phone
2. I would love a more hands on 'onboarding' process where someone really walked through the interface with Quickbooks for us as business owners

Response from BigTime Software

Kate,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of Big Time - your review means a whole lot to us! We're very pleased that you've had a positive experience with both our intuitive software and our responsive support. :)

Regarding Timesheet/Expense approval on the mobile app, we understand completely and you're not alone - other users are asking too, and we hope to have that feature live as soon as we can. The idea for a Quickbooks centered training is an excellent one, and we'll make sure that we take a close look at adding that option into our On-boarding as well!

We do offer Success Points, which your firm can purchase for additional training about any topic you like (such as Quickbooks' interaction and interface with Big Time) and you can find out more about that here: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/442598/Success%20and%20Support%20Content/Success%20Services/Success%20Services%20&%20Points.pdf

Thanks!
The Big Time Customer Success Team

Chris F.

Excellent time management and customizable invoicing system

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

We were looking for a solid time management and invoicing system and were hard pressed to find something that was really specific and tailored and not a huge SAP system. BigTime was an amazing find! The system is easy to configure, easy to use and the support has been amazing. We're very happy with the system.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to configure, brandable and great support

Cons

Wish the documentation for the custom invoices was stronger.

Response from BigTime Software

Chris,

Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave us a review here at BigTime! We really do appreciate it and we're super excited that you're finding our software so easy to use, configure and brand! We're also very pleased that your experiences with our Support Team have been positive as well - we work very hard to make sure that is the case.

Please do let us know if there's anyway we can serve you more (or better)!

Thanks,

Mike A.

Data Visibility And Project Cost Management

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, BigTime has been easy to do business with and the software has optimize our back office. The front end time and expense reporting system allowed us to kill static Excel forms and provide our users with a clean modern interface to start the data entry process.

Pros

BigTime allowed us to optimize how we track project dollars and hours. In the past we would manually enter the data multiple times to different forms and systems - it was always out of date static information. Now, we enter the data once and have real-time access to project costs and hours. The data flows to invoices, reimbursements, and reports.

Cons

Overall, the software is solid. There are a few navigation workflows that can be improved. BigTime is aware of some click stream patterns that result in getting too deep into a project where you need to click back out to the "home" screen to restart a navigation into a project. This happens more on the administration side - the time and expense entry process is simple.

Response from BigTime Software

Mike,

Thanks a ton for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we know your time is precious and we appreciate you giving a little of it to us! We could not be happier that BigTime has made your life easier and allowed you to optimize how your business runs - that is one of the main reasons why we created the software in the first place! Getting rid of those static spreadsheets and freeing your employees up to do their jobs - that's music to our ears!

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you! Thanks again for the review,

Alyssa F.

Does its job with

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks makes our lives much easier. The support staff is really good too - they always get back in a timely manner. The integrated task timer is a nice feature as well.

Cons

There isn't anything I really dislike about BigTime, but there are some features I wish it had (like automatically creating tasks in new projects)

Response from BigTime Software

Alyssa,

Thanks so much for your review. We here at BigTime really appreciate your taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review and we're very pleased that our software is making your life easier!

Regarding the auto-creation of tasks, please feel free to send us a Feature Request for that! You can always submit a Feature Request to [email protected] to potentially add a new feature. Please make sure you put "FeatureRequest" in the subject line of the email when you send it and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that we implement the feature properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully and many of the features you use in BigTime today are the direct results of customers requesting functionality in the past.

We hope to hear from you again soon and thanks for the review!

Josephine K.

Review of BigTime After a Month

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

After reviewing four options for Time and Expense Tracking software we decided on BigTime for two reasons: Ease of Use and Invoice Templates. The Time and Expense entry for the engineers in our office was intuitive and easy to learn. The mobile app works very well and is used more than we anticipated.

From the administrative aspect the setup is relatively easy and the user interface is easy to follow and understand. I really like how the screens navigate from one to the other and how I can customize what I want to see on each screen. The clicking on the column headings to view the information in varies ways is great.

We create about 50 - 60 invoices each month where the format may vary depending on the client for each one. BigTime does a good job of providing a base of invoice templates with the flexibility customize. The one thing that is really missing from the invoicing option is the ability to display the Total Cumulative Amount Invoiced as of the current invoice (prior amount + current invoice amount). I have requested this change and hopefully it will be added.

The last aspect is customer support. Two training sessions were included in the software subscription. The first one was good for the very basic information, maybe a little too basic. The second session was much more informative that gave us some good practices to use with BigTime (Brea was very knowledgeable in both). The day to day support seems short handed. Most of the time you have to send an email and wait for a response which could take hours or the next day. As a new user that was a little frustrating. I don't necessarily need to talk to someone on the phone but a live chat would be great to get an answer and move on. That is the one area that I would recommend BigTime address.

Overall we are happy with our decision to go with BigTime and I would recommend BigTime to others.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn

Cons

I cannot display a cumulative invoice total in the budget summary for invoicing (prior billings + current billings).

Amy W.

Big Time Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

I really love Bigtime because of the customer support. Without that this would be extremely challenging. I hope there will be more development to make the program more fluid for various types of projects.

Pros

Simple interface, fairly user friendly, and customer support!

Cons

The behind the scene formulas are not always intuitive - negatives mean positives and vice versa. There isn't a ton of flexibility with customizing the workflow as it relates to the process in our studio. For instance, we had to set up our tasks as labor codes and each timesheet entry that has a different labor code needs a new line. There is often a lot of back and forth to understand workarounds. Also trying to understand how to display something the way we want to see it is challenging and without the support we would have been lost.

Response from BigTime Software

Amy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review for us here at BigTime. We are very pleased that our software and support and proving helpful to you. Also, we wanted to let you know that in addition to our support offerings, we have an excellent Knowledge Base that can also be used to assist you when you have questions. Feel free to check it out here:

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions - we look forward to hearing from you!

Michelle H.

Big Time Migration

Reviewed on 2018/09/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We were switching from an antiquated time & expense software that had reduced technical support to the point where we were almost at a standstill. Big Time was easy to use and set up and we had great support from our account executive from the initial demo all the way through our trial period to quickly getting us set up. Our office has breathed a sigh of relief at having a more nimble and intuitive product to record time & expenses. We were able to quickly set up clients due to the ease of integration from Quickbooks. We love the ability to change reports easily based on what is useful for us and to be able to adjust invoices fairly easily based on what each of our clients like to see. Our staff training has so far been quite minimal as it was easily picked up by everyone. We are in the early stages so we might run into problems later but so far so good. This program also has the flexibility to help us figure payroll overtime with reports rather than having to wrangle the information from an excel type exercise. We have not used this software for any project management type of viewpoint and there are probably better programs out there if that is your mail goal for roughly the same price. However, if you are looking for a time & expense recording, payroll and invoicing program -- especially if Quickbooks integration is also a pro -- then this is a good bet. We have not had to go back to technical support very often as the program is very easy to pick up on. There are lots of options for invoicing looks as well so you will be able to find something that will work for you. There are some quirks or shortcuts that the program uses so please use the set up team and don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand because they are very responsive.

Pros

Ease of Use for time entry and set up
Technical Support
Mobile App
Quickbooks integration for both online and Enterprise version

Cons

There are some quirks to the product as far as knowing where to click to make changes. Minor issue really and is covered by support calls pretty quickly.

At last we could prioritize our client support in proper way

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

It was a good quick option to organize our support team billing.

Pros

One of our projects is in support stage.
Team of 15 people is still there on all lines of support.
The deal is that requests from our clients are coming at random moment of time and require from 1 hour to several days to handle.
I feel with BigTime it came to more order. Now we can form kind of backlog of client requests and also track time people spend for their processing. For clients that have series of similar requests, we are able to find past communication history and get all required stakeholders together to sort out things once and forever. From other side, some of clients have paid support contract with us. As they see how each of their requests is priced at the realtime they also prioritize their requests in more smart way.

Cons

I am unable to view most of reports on my mobile phone.
Also there's no way to create shortcuts for the most useful functions that sometimes are hidden deep inside the app.

Sharon A.

Easy to use and to get support

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

Ease of use and prompt service, the invoicing and time tracking is invaluable. Budget monitoring is easy too and the connection to Quickbooks is perfect!

Cons

When I can't fix a problem on my own, it is frustrating and does slow down my productivity but the support by BT is prompt and just have to send an email to get it fixed is easy.

Response from BigTime Software

Sharon,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate all our customers' feedback! We're also very pleased that you've had a a good experience with our support team - we work hard to make sure that we provide the best service out there. The fact that our core services: time tracking, invoicing, budget management and integration with Quickbooks are useful to you is stellar - we're pleased that we can help you run your business better!

Regarding fixing problems on your own, be sure and check out our BigTime Knowledge Base (https://kb.bigtime.net/) and our Blog (https://www.bigtime.net/blog/), both of which can be excellent sources of self-driven learning about BigTime. We certainly hope these help!

Bridget D.

Efficiency that is well worth the money.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Project management efficiency

Pros

Bigtime gives us the ability to manage our projects time and expenses more efficiently and work together cohesively as a team.

Cons

Although I love the ease of reporting, it is a little messy. Granted I have too many... but I would love to see them identified better somehow in the list. bullet points maybe?

Response from BigTime Software

Bridget,

Thanks so much for posting your review - it means a tremendous amount to us here at BigTime - your opinion matters to us! We are most pleased that our software is able to make you and your team more efficient and increases your overall cohesiveness. Those are some of our primary goals, so seeing them reflected in your review really makes our day.

Regarding your thoughts on the presentation of reports - that's a great idea! How about submitting it as a Feature Request? We love getting new ideas from our users here at BigTime and if you would like to do so, simply send an email to [email protected] Please make sure you put "Feature Request" in the subject line of the email and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that if and when we implement the feature, it is done properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully.

We hope to hear from you soon - thanks again!

Mike T.

Long time users. Software works will and employees like it

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Chance to comment directly to the company

Pros

Easy to understand for the end user and easy to administer. Sync function works as designed and interface has improved with phone app and new version.

Cons

Missing one feature - Let the admins setup and apply Holiday defaults to employee timesheets. This would eliminate a lot of issues that come up every pay period that includes a Holiday .
For example, employees inadvertantly use a regular work code for a Holiday or they manage to use the Holiday code for the entire work week. If it defaulted on the sheets that would eliminate most of this distraction.

Response from BigTime Software

Mike,

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review! We truly appreciate your words and we're most pleased that you and your users are enjoying BigTime.

Regarding the ability to setup and apply holiday defaults, we'll be sure to enter this as a Feature Request! We certainly think that it would be a useful feature to add to BigTime and it's a great idea. Again, thanks so much!

Aaron D.

Bigtime is a game changer for design budgeting, billing and project management

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Managing our time and invoicing more efficiently and put it into a functioning system and process rather than just using spreadsheets.

Pros

This software has really made it possible to track everything in one place and it can easily be customized to fit your type of business and how you operate. The customer service is second to none. The initial training is top notch and they can walk you through everything to help you get set up. They are quick to respond and get you through every problem you encounter along the way. Worth every penny

Cons

4 stars for "ease of use" is because of the flexibility to handle numerous types of companies the amount of options can be overwhelming but once it's set up correctly and can comprehend the work flow for your company it gets easier to manage changes and additions to your system. Some of the important functions in the system are often small text links hidden at the bottom of the screen and are hard to find especially if you're not used to navigating the system. It would be great if they update these to buttons on the screen in a place that is easier to find.

Tammy C.

Bookkeeper

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I am delighted with representative and the rest of the staff at BigTime they provide topnotch service! You definitely get your bang for your buck $$ with Bigtime.

Pros

The bosses and staff enjoys working with BigTime because the support is so wonderful. They are friendly and very knowledgeable, If I have questions and concerns with various issues the BigTime staff has been amazing. Several times I have had representative. as a support technician and if I cant seems to explain myself she will make extra effort to verify what the issue is.

Cons

So many options it can become overwhelming.

Response from BigTime Software

Tammy,

Thanks so much for leaving this wonderful review for us here at BigTime - we truly appreciate it! We are very pleased that you are finding our support staff knowledgeable and helpful - we work very hard to provide the best services and software in the business.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here at Customer Success.

Charlotte G.

Expense/Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

That it sync with our Quickbooks account, makes tracking time and expenses easy and accessible to our employees who work in the field, and the support team is always prompt and helpful.

Cons

The mobile app can be glitching. I recommend to our staff to enter time and expenses on the app, but to review and submit them through the desktop version.

Response from BigTime Software

Charlotte,

Thanks a bunch for posting this review - it really does mean a lot to us that you've taken time and effort to post this for us! We are very pleased that our software is making tracking your time and expenses easy and we work hard to provide excellent customer service, so we're happy to hear that your experience there is positive as well.

We understand your issues with the mobile app and we've recently done a fair amount of work to update and correct some of these glitches. Please be sure and download an updated version from your app store and many of these issues may now be corrected.

We hope this helps! Thanks again,

Terri K.

BigTime review

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

I use it daily, and I do like the system. There is a lot I don't know how to use, but hope to get more familiar with it.

Pros

It is user friendly once you get to know the system. I hope to be able to get myself more familiar with it.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about BigTime.

Response from BigTime Software

Terri,

Thanks so much for posting a review for your BigTime - we're very pleased that things are going well for you and to hear that there's not anything about our product that you don't like!

There are many ways to learn more about BigTime and its features - here are just a few:

The BigTime Knowledge Base - hundreds of step-by-step articles on how BigTime works: http://kb.bigtime.net/

The BigTime Blog - brand new articles almost every week about new ways to leverage the features of BigTime: https://www.bigtime.net/blog/

The BigTime Webinars - weekly live training where you can ask real-time questions: https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/

The BigTime YouTube Channel: hours and hours of recorded training at your fingertips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDr27IE3VSKwe8po3IzDwCQ

All this is 100% free as well, so enjoy! Also, do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions - we're happy to help.