Culture Amp

Complete solution for employee feedback and performance

Casey A.

Culture Amp is an essential tool - I wouldn't be able to do my job as effectively without it.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

I think the UX/ UI is good, and easy enough to use, but also there's so much under the hood so that it's also a really robust tool. The product improvements have actually been improvements, and I'm excited whenever there's an update. The support team is also fantastic - I've never had a poor experience with the support team, and they are really great ambassadors for the company.

The Academy is the secret sauce, in my opinion - in addition to support articles for operations and administering the tool, all of the research and literature around engagement and feedback, written by I/O Psychology experts has helped me simultaneously learn more about best practices, while also providing backup to the methodology when I'm presenting findings to senior stakeholders.

Also - everything else Culture Amp does is great: Slack community, meetups, newsletter, etc. that I think they're building really great public culture and brand so... I want to like what they're doing software-wise. I'm well primed to like the tool.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the admin functionality was a little bit more robust - i.e. our organization structure changes a little bit year-over-year, but in order to map departments to previous years, it's a manual thing that the support team has to do. Or with the new inspiration engine, if it's customizable to the organization, I think it'd be neat to have a big library of actions, and be able to see which questions/ factors they're tied to, so that when you're writing new ones or building that out, you don't have to do it on the individual survey level. But that's a new part of the product, so maybe it'll get there later.

Nikki M.

One of a kind experience

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

As we've been going through rapid growth, we've been sourcing and implementing a variety of new technologies. Unsurprisingly, very few meet the expectations post-launch as are described during the sales-process. Culture Amp is the smile-inspiring exception. Their product is user-friendly to a point of constant surprise. And when you do find a rare bug or glitch, they are eager (and FAST!) to address the issue. Their support team is not only knowledgeable about the product but also about culture and performance as a whole. They are true thought partners - and that is nearly invaluable. They truly want to have a positive impact on the companies that use their products, and it shows every day.

And the actual product is truly amazing. The ease of use for employees is exceptional - allowing them to take surveys, give feedback, and conduct reviews in a way that feels simple and drives the right level of feedback. And the tool then consolidates that feedback into VERY user-friendly analytics that can actually help my organization drive meaningful change for the future. Just a few years ago I remember dreaming about a world where I could easily map metrics around performance and engagement, forecasting attrition, impacting culture - that time is here and it's supported by Culture Amp.

Cons

The performance platform is new, so there is some work to be done to integrate that with the main platform. No major concerns, just a general knowledge that work is still being done in this area.

• Industry: Online Media
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A Great Way to Gauge Employee Experience

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Overall I have had a great experience with it. The UI is very intuitive and I love that we are able to get a sense for how employees feel about certain aspects. It allows us a greater view into what we need to improve as an organization.

Pros

We recently implemented Culture Amp at our organization and I love it! We have been primarily using it for employee engagement surveys. I love that you have the chance to send surveys that are anonymous for employees and also surveys that are tied to that person specifically. I also like how we can see when the survey was sent to them, and send them a reminder if they haven't completed it yet. We used it most recently for our global benefits survey and it was very enlightening in terms of what employees would like to see added to our plan vs what benefits they were the least interested in.

Cons

We have had a great experience with it so far. The only thing I would like to see added is a way for employees to elaborate on why they choose "strongly agree" vs "agree."

Jordyn R.

Big CA fans here

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

We're long time users of Culture Amp's employee engagement tool and have always rated their product, support and overall experience very highly. We've also had great feedback from employees completing the survey and managers using the manager dashboard - so it's not just us in the People and Culture team who love it, but people from across the whole company.

The tool is very customisable allowing us to add and remove questions depending on what we're focusing on as a company and also letting us add company values-specific questions (in saying this though, the questions that CA provide you with to begin with are really great). Real time feedback on participation rates allows us to send targeted reminders to teams when numbers are looking low. Information is able to be clearly delivered to the Exec team and managers immediately too, meaning that People and Culture aren't seen as 'gatekeepers' of this information. The industry specific benchmarks that they can provide you with are also extremely helpful.

Their support team are always quick to get back in touch should you need something - and with personalised messages too, not an automated "look at our knowledgebase" or "have you tried watching these videos" that are generally never very helpful. The team are all extremely knowledgeable about the product as well as the science behind surveying, psychometrics and of course employee engagement and happiness.

We're also now currently exploring the possibility of using their 360 degree feedback tool that promises to be just as awesome as their engagement tool.

Generally we're a company of big Culture Amp fans and we're all looking forward to seeing what this awesome company comes up with next!

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Simple tool to collect and analyze employee engagement feedback

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

I've taken my company's employee engagement survey twice now, and it's very easy to complete. Our HR department crafts the survey, and we receive an email invitation with a unique link to take the survey. It's very simple and easy to complete. Once everyone responds, we can see the overall feedback and company-wide scores. I think this is a great tool to collect and collate employee feedback so we can act on it. It's also nice to be able to track our progress and responses over time.

Cons

I don't have any major painpoints. I believe the survey says our responses are anonymous, but since I have a unique personal link I don't feel that my responses are completely anonymous.

Rachel J.

Easy way to make data-driven company culture decisions.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

With CultureAmp we're easily able to identify areas where we're doing well and areas that need improvement. It also allows us to breakdown our data to see if it's team/manager-specific feedback or if it's company-wide. We're able to implement culture initiatives based on real data and over time, we're able to see how our initiatives are working.

Pros

The template surveys and benchmarking ability makes it really easy for us to send surveys quickly and have real data against which to compare. The support team is great and quickly respond to all Qs I have had regarding survey design and analysis. The visual data breakdown (heatmaps!) makes it really easy to identify where we're excelling and in which areas we require the most work.

Cons

Some of the customization for Qs is a bit labor intensive, just a few extra steps that I wish were streamlined. Overall though not really that bad considering that I primarily use the template versions.

Easy way to gain insights into team and employee engagement

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

This tool is super simple and quick to get up and running with. It's so important for employee wellbeing and company culture to invest time and effort into tools like this that can capture honest feedback. This tool helps us to capture employee engagement and satisfaction. I like the reporting feature for insights.

Cons

It would be good if there was an easier way to analyse the qualitative comments made by employees in the reports. Apart from that I've not experienced any issues worth mentioning.

Allison M.

5 stars is not enough

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

The Culture Amp platform has a great user experience from survey design all the way through to completing the survey on mobile or desktop. Culture Amp are proactive in seeking feedback from us and are constantly making improvements to their product. I highly recommend Culture Amp to any organization considering running engagement and/or employee lifecycle surveys.

Islay A.

What a great company!

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

My experience was very positive. The staff were very responsive and supportive. The software is very intuitive and being able to manage the data ourselves made the whole process so much easier. The real time reporting is also an amazing feature that really differentiates Culture Amp to it's competitors.

Jim H.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

I use CultureAmp to assess culture and engagement, as well as onboarding of new employees.

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Permitted me to measure engagement across my entire college - faculty, staff, lecturers, administrators. A great product!

Pros

Very easy to use, love the heatmaps that permit me to do cross-index checking. Of particular value is the fact that response demographics (e.g. gender, age, tenure, department, etc.) are pre-loaded so that respondents do not need to enter that information. I believe that also encourages them to be more transparent.

Cons

Literally nothing! It does take time to load the respondent demographics prior to a survey, and that must be designed up front and data entered accurately, but that enables much more power in the use of the software.

Ross W.

Align your internal people experience with their external IT experience

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

We genuinely believe Culture Amp to be one of the best tools we've used for measuring employee engagement. We also use the tool for onboarding, offboarding, and internal surveys.

We appreciate having full control over the survey process and user experience coupled with the ability to tailor surveys and reports. We're able to tailor questions, configure communications, and update demographics with ease. Copying surveys is also a handy feature, as is the ability to apply several different benchmarks to our results to provide comparisons.

The speed with which we can create, deploy, close, and analyse surveys is great; we recently ran our organisational survey and from beginning to end (i.e. survey design, response period, and results analysis) in just 13 days. Having templates readily available also helps, as does the ability to build our own surveys from scratch.

Our leaders have access and can run their own dashboard results at any time. Because of the way we've structured our demographics, we're able to provide aggregate results to Executive Managers, group results to Managers, and small team reports to Team Leaders. This helps ensure a swift and clean results cascade and lets us get on with action planning.

We find the support team accessible and reliable and nothing is too much trouble.

Pros

* It's so easy to use
* You can create a high-quality survey quickly and easily
* It provides a contemporary user experience
* Leaders can access their results with ease

Cons

Filters aren't contextual; allow me to explain with an example. We use our three organisational levels as demographics so these are represented as three standalone filters. This means that if you pick a certain business unit as your first filter and want to use teams as your second filter, you'll see all available teams rather than related to the previously selected business unit. Our workaround was to introduce a prefix for business units, teams, and sub-teams which makes it easier to see related items (the fact we can do this ourselves is pro).

Esther W.

We *heart* CA!

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

My company just launched our first Engagement Survey to 450 employees. CA has been such a great platform to use so far, the masterclasses are really helpful, as are the calls I have dialed in to.
Most impressive to date is the results to action, and the 'results PPT' that I received. It has cut down my workload significantly not having to create a presentation from scratch.
The functionality of managers being able to log in and review results has been very well received .

Sarah J.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Big fan of Culture Amp

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

We were seeking to develop the People and Culture roadmap and the Culture Amp system has helped us to determine what our focal points are.

Pros

This software is extremely intuitive and really helped us to narrow down and benchmark our engagement levels.

Cons

Some of the reporting functions could be smoother (eg. I didnt realise that there was a capital sensitivity in the employee upload - and now my gender report has Male Female male and female). It all seems to work quite well otherwise though.

Melissa R.

Love this software

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

This product is really great in that I love the ability to create my own surveys and send out to see the rest of the staff and team

Cons

Ultimately this product was not cost-effective for us long term, but I did love to use it in the trial.

Pratiksha P.

Killer analytics meets slick UX/UI meets real-world insights for humans

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Love Culture Amp - easy and methodical in using before, during and after. The visualizations are like people geek eye candy.

Adriána B.

An absolute must-have for all People and Data geeks out there!

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Culture Amp is an incredibly insightful people analytics tool and I wouldn't trade it for any other. It's intuitive and user friendly and great experience for admins too! Setting up surveys is a breeze and having templates for engagement, onboarding, manager feedback and other kinds of surveys is extremely helpful so you don't have to build things from scratch. The best part is reporting - it's fascinating to go through data on your own but you get lots of support from the team at Culture Amp, too.

The team is great, going above and beyond throughout the whole onboarding process and beyond. They even send their clients a lovely surprise welcome kit!
They're super supportive and skilfully persuasive without being the least bit annoying. They really help you get the most out of the tool while understanding your needs. You get access to Academy where you can learn a lot about how to use the tool best and how to understand the data. Great resource!

We're a London based ticketing, marketing and fundraising software company of about 85 working in the arts, and cultivating our culture is our top priority as we experience fast growth. Putting people first is one of our core values, hence finding the right people analytics tool was incredibly important for us. Everyone is really happy with the tool. Green hearts on all fronts!

Pros

- friendly user interface
- quick and easy to both build and fill in
- great admin experience
- helpful survey templates
- easy employee data migration
- automated survey launch and operation
- insightful reporting
- report sharing on any level
- great onboarding experience
- awesome client support
- constant learning and development with peoplegeek community

Cons

Can't think of any really..

A great workplace engagement tool, to help improve office culture & align values!

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

It's provided us with a great tool to improve our organisation wide job satisfaction.

Pros

The employee surveys are professional, easy to fill out and give great insights to HR & to individual teams. We've been able to track engagement over time as a company and use the findings to create immediate & long-term actions that help drive and improve the culture, as well as addressing underlying issues that may cause job dissatisfaction. The anonymity and reporting function protect employees, enabling a more honest sample of data.

Cons

Some of the questions can be vague & potentially misinterpreted however I think this is more the responsibility of HR to make sure everything is clear & communicated well.

Susanna Y.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Insightful, aesthetically-pleasing tool that makes engagement surveys easy to conduct and...

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

It's an essential tool to keep a pulse on employee engagement. We've used this tool to identify the pain points our company experiences, and it helps put certain needs in higher priority to our leaders. Because of this tool, we have been able to show common themes in strengths and weaknesses our company has experienced throughout my tenure here, and action plans have been developed because of these survey results.

Pros

The ability to customize and personalize your company's engagement surveys, and the variety of statistics and demographics the results can be filtered by. It lets you easily pinpoint the strengths and growth areas in each demographic for department leaders to review. The feature that allows you to benchmark your results vs. companies like yours is very helpful to see where your company's results stand.

Cons

I like that we can compare an engagement survey's results to a previous one's, but I'd like to see a path over time. We've had over 4 engagement surveys so far, and I'd like to see how responses to questions have changed over time.

Patrick D.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Culture Amp Review - Employee Engagement

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Along with the above comments the customer support was great in terms of quality and timeliness.

Pros

DATA! Having used Survey Monkey in the past it was great the amount of quality data that was produced and the ability to cut it across differing demographics to id any particular focus areas.
Ability to benchmark.
Not just getting results buy highlighting key areas to focus on in terms of Action Plans
We are now building a strong history to ensure we keep focus.

Cons

I struggled from time to time with the tech but that is more about me!

Mike D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Really good company to deal with and a great product.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Pros

The logic behind the standard survey questions is advanced and has been well thought through, which has saved us from having to write our own from scratch.

Cons

The end of survey results could be better presented, and it would be helpful if all results could be automatically be exported in to a presentation.

Daniel S.

Top of the line for Employee Engagement

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

-Clear data on employee experience and sentiment
-Actionable feedback from employees on how to improve their experience

Pros

Extremely clean interface - for users and administrators. Very intuitive.
Very strong reporting toolkit - easy + efficient to slice and dive deep into the data
Great community to be a part of - strong thought leadership in the engagement space

Cons

Make sure you know that the configuration, user experience and process will work for your company's desired process/flow. The configurability of the different tools is high, but it can be hard to design administrator-led assessments + processes if you have a very particular/atypical talent cycle. Do your design research first and figure out how you will implement effectively.

Marie P.

Pioneer Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Really amazing program for measuring employee effectiveness and satisfaction. This software is also easy to use and learn.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a bit slow, but this can often be resolved with simple solutions. Would recommend this product.

Jenny D.

This is must have software for companies that want to manage their employees well!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

I'm extremely impressed with this software! If you're a company that really emphasizes on maintaining a great company culture for your employees, then this is the software for you! It is great to use for getting employee feedback, analyzing results and taking the correct action to more your company in the right direction.

Cons

This software is very beneficial for bigger companies where you have one person like a HR manager to really spend a lot of time with this software in order to make it the most beneficial to use.

Simon S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Exceptionally intuitive, great support and advice.

Reviewed on 2016/07/31

We used it for a company of 300 staff, 5 offices, 6 departments and wanted to identify macro and team specific trends and issues that we could act on. The culture amp team help us setup our approach, surveys and analyse the results.

Pros

- so simple
- customised reporting
- imports data from various systems
- automated distribution

Cons

- more advanced reporting would be nice
- we would pay for consulting/support to help us act better/faster

Rebecca C.

This platform does it all!

Reviewed on 2016/10/22

I have not stopped raving about Culture Amp since we started using it nearly a year ago. I love how incredibly easy it is to use. The online Academy held my hand virtually throughout the process, anticipating my needs and answering every possible question. The robust reporting allows us to view our data in every way imaginable and managers and employees have easy access. I love the team at Culture Amp -- they get us and have raised our geek factor!