Microsoft Azure

4,6 (992)
Desktop virtualization platform to enable remote access

Darlene H.

The best cloud service

Reviewed on 2022/05/07

It was an excellent solution to us. We use many of its background services: file storage, database housing, is a very good application

Pros

The platform is very professional and requires good technical knowledge, its free period of use is one year and you just have to pay for it. During the last three decades, due to the obvious advantages of Microsoft in the field of business computer science, Microsoft is quickly updating. Your work is relatively easy. In addition to providing recovery, import and export sites, and Azure backup, Microsoft Azure also provides: storage of blobs blocks and storage of tables, queues and files. It provides flexibility to use Azure Blob to store and recover large amounts of unstructured data, such as multimedia documents and files. Azure Storage can meet your growing data needs and each account can store up to 500 TB of total storage space. A single subscription admits up to 50 storage accounts, which can provide PB of storage space for larger scale plans. If you are creating great sites for consumers or data applications, Azure aims to solve this problem. Azure Storage will automatically copy your data to help prevent unexpected failures and give you the confidence that they will be available when you need them. Three copies of the data are saved in a single area. The geographical redundancy option can create three additional copies to hundreds of kilometers away.

Cons

You must when it is a bit difficult to configure, and some services are not available.

Victor manuel G.

excellent web hosting platform

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

part of our web environment is hosted in azure, we have virtual machines with applications, this has provided us with resources and less internal costs for the purchase of hardware

Pros

part of what I like the most is using virtual machines, since it is more my area, we currently have an environment where we have several applications, it is very useful and easy to use, excellent product

Cons

For someone who has no knowledge at first it can be a bit difficult, but after you learn you see how easy it is.

AWS CloudFormation and AWS for Data

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Compared to other products, I understand that the part we currently use is cheaper.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Difficult for starters but with time, It's awesome

Reviewed on 2022/04/23

As an individual the azure is best in its class but be ready to struggle if your company has set up policies for there employees

Pros

I can use it to host web application according to my need and no need to buy your own server

Cons

Its not easy if there are policies defined on this platform which makes it useless

Diego U.

Azure is loosing against other cloud players

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Pros

Compatibility with Microsoft products and deployment of Microsoft solutions

Cons

Complexity, price, is not so easy when you try to use other products than Microsoft

AWS Elastic Beanstalk

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

To have two vendors and implement real redundancy and resilience
Ivan A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

MS Azure, a complete catalog for I4.0 tools.

Reviewed on 2022/05/03

Good experience if you need to know what tools you have in the catalog in case you need to implement a big project.

Pros

The catalog for analytics tools is pretty big, you can integrate various solutions to the default tools

Cons

The prices you need to pay are also high, taking on account that if you need to deploy a prototype the ROI will be low.

Amazon S3, ThingSpeak and Google Cloud Platform

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

I didn't choose it because of the price but we don't discard it for future references.
Ramon M.

Great cloud platform

Reviewed on 2022/05/04

In my case, my experience was satisfactory. In fact, Azure can easily use the performance and use of all companies, whether a local company or a company that has offices in different countries / regions. In this way, it can concentrate on commercial objectives without thinking about the infrastructure that supports the process. In addition, from the user's point of view, you can always have a good experience regardless of your position. With the safe connection, you can easily access the platform.

Pros

Its design is beautiful and intuitive. This is an easy to use tool that is excellent to meet my cloud storage needs. I like to store all kinds of information and additions to a certain function. Excellent application for online storage. It offers excellent videos and graphics for exchange that is difficult to receive by email, due to this script, it fully helps in the development of work and helps improve our traffic processing. The joy of communication is an important issue, as well as the videos and graphics that we want to share on time, quickly and safely, without invaluable restrictions. It is also interesting to have endless resources and analysis. Azure allows us to turn our ideas into solutions, providing a visual system of an unprecedented scale and a short term value/performance in a cloud that takes place in data and analysis.

Cons

It requires having experience on platforms a simple error could generate problems.

Roel V.

Azure, the total solution.

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

Overall Azure has helped me realize some great features for my clients and I will continue using its features in the future.

Pros

Azure provides all features necessary for development or any project you might have. I have used it mostly for storage, databases, and data automation for my clients and their projects. Some features require some time spent learning all functions. But overall most features are self-explanatory and can be implemented very fast.

Cons

The downside to Azure is its UI, because of the size and the number of features it is easy to get lost in this behemoth.

AWS CloudFormation
Jonathan alexander C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A robust, secure and scalable cloud infrastructure

Reviewed on 2022/06/01

I have used Azure in recent years for the deployment of services or APIs for corporate applications and database hosting as well as for managing vpn to share or have access to services both local and in the cloud, making this a hybrid infrastructure that works perfectly

Pros

What I like most about Azure is the number of services and tools that I can have in the cloud to maintain my infrastructure and the high availability of the company, both with the deployment of APIs, the creation of VPNs and the management of virtual machines in my private cloud

Cons

What I like least is that sometimes the administration of this tool can become a bit complex due to the number of services and options it has, which should be better organized for easy access

Andrei A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Microsoft Azure is must have cloud for any organization

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

It is overwhelming when you just start with the Azure as an architect or systems administrator, but once you learn it, it is just an amazing (I want to say platform) Cloud.

Pros

I am a EUC Sr. Architect that helps to deliver cloud solutions to enterprise clients. With that, I can only say that there isn't much better than M365 when it comes to endpoint management. M365 solves the problem of fully managing an internet device. Azure Cloud is the future of device management.

Cons

There are a lot of things that Microsoft needs to polish when it comes to web interfaces. Also as much as MS tries to make it intuitive, they still have work to do.

Nicholas B.

Great cloud platform

Reviewed on 2022/05/22

Pros

How well integrated and easy it is to orchestrate (and save the scripts for later) many disparate systems into a single solution

Cons

Can be difficult to track down how exactly to do fairly common procedures e.g. upgrading existing Azure functions to the new version. Often you have to pull together information from multiple sources or wait for a 3rd party blog to detail the process.

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Microsoft Azure the Logical Advancement for Microsoft Stack; Still learning and improving

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

The main things we wanted to address with Azure were 1) Overhead of hardware that we had to maintain. The cost of electricity, space, cooling, hardware itself, people with the skills to build new servers, etc. are reduced. 2) uptime/ availability and redundancy. Just let a giant company like Microsoft handle it. 3) Scalability. We can change the size of the VM with a simple click and reboot, sometimes less. This was not possible when we owned the hardware. 4) simplify upgrades. 5) Theoretically reduce cost. I was not actually included in the cost and purchase, just some implementation, but all of the above reasons contribute to designing an environment to be scaled how we need it, distributing power and resources where needed more fluidly.

Pros

The Azure portal is the home of many functions. The fact that this web-based portal houses so much functionality and administrative work can make it easily accessible from anywhere with internet. You no longer have to be in our firm's network. Generally it was a smooth transition to Azure from standard Windows servers, though there were some learning points and growing pains. Mostly it seemed to boil down to knowing/learning which option to select or how to configure. It also has fairly good monitoring and visualizations to help keep track of administrative tasks. Speed of going from nothing to having a new server is much faster than it used to be, as are scalable adjustments. Staying with the Microsoft stack, integration was the standard level of difficulty.

Cons

While monitoring is good, alerting and actual push notifications seem to be lacking. This means you have to know where to look and do so to find out if anything is wrong. We've had to figure out other tools and custom alerting to handle certain scenarios. Some things that are supposed to work seem to have the occasional quirk, like a windows update. Only 1 sticks out as being a huge critical issue, but Microsoft fixed it after getting to the right person. I've seen (what I think are) some unexplained networking hiccups, all of which resolve themselves with no IT user effort. But I don't know some of those pieces, and may be over speaking. The only one that affects me directly is that I occasionally see a 'sephamore timeout' when connecting to SQL server.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Azure is the best cloud service provider there is. Very reliable and secure.

Reviewed on 2021/05/14

Overall Microsoft Azure has been excellent. Migrating from onsite solutions to Microsoft Azure had been the best decision my company has made. Azure has proven to be faster, more efficient and secure than our former onsite set up.

Pros

Azure totally bests onsite solutions when it comes to deployment speed and speed of scalability. This is what motivated my companies decision to move from onsite to cloud. The most powerful feature that has been a game changer for my company is Azure VM(Virtual Machines). My team and I were able to create our own customised virtual machines very easily and in a matter of minutes. All we had to do was define an operating system, language, workload and almost instantly we had our virtual machine up and running ready for use. A process that would have taken at least a week with on-site solutions was done in minutes. This has greatly improved my team's productivity as we now have the ability to switch between Linux/Windows on the same machine, with a different set of tools and apps. We can now experiment, develop, test and get feedback much faster than before. Also, with services like Azure Autoscale we are able to dynamically scale applications to meed changing demand based on certain metrics. My team forecasted that traffic was going to increase exponentially in the following week and we were able to easily add 5 more virtual machines to handle the load.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Azure's functionality performance or reliability it has been excellent. However I do have a problem with Azures somewhat clunky and chaotic interface. I would prefer a more refined and easy to navigate interface. Also a clear and transparent pricing system is needed to enable us users determine how much a particular addition will cost instead of having to "guess" a little.

Google Cloud Platform

Google Cloud Platform

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Ease of use and cost effectiveness.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The total cloud solution for medium to large companies

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

We implemented an API Microservice architecture. After the initial implementation we thought it was really fast to implement. But after a year or so, the same problem arises that always arises: development halts or gets complicated, solving small bugs becomes a daily task. From then on only one thing matters: find the bug within 5 seconds, while the "customer" (or reporter) is on the other end of the telephone line. And from then on, azure shows it's chaotic head. What queue is used by this function through what API Manager API, and who else uses this? We try to solve this by documenting everything (and its relation to anything else) in a documentation environment (not azure).

Pros

It can do so many things... after 2 years of using this product I think I still haven't touched half of what's possible. It makes creating API's, flows, queues, logging a lot easier, since the boring stuff (maintaining the tools that allows that functionality) is taken care of. Also, the support is great. There are many learning paths and they're all very easy to follow.

Cons

Azure is very chaotic. A cloud solution almost always incorporates some kind of API environment. For an API environment it's really important that it follows some kind of domain driven architecture. After creating hundreds of API's, you really want to be able to categorize the API's according to your organization's enterprise domain architecture, otherwise it gets really hqrd to search through hundreds of API's to find the one to work on. Every API is then dependent on many other things, like queues, gateways, API Manager, other functions, flows etc. And they're all configured "vertically": there is your "resource group", and under this you'll find all queues, all functions, all gateways, all everything.

Now, of course it's possible to create resource groups in a modular way, following the domain architecture of your organization. But things cost money! A lot of money. So for instance, if you want to group all API's and queues etc that belong to, say, your "sales" domain, and want to have the same organization for, say, the "HR" domain, you'll need to add two gateways, two API Managers, two this, two that. And they all cost money. In the end, when costs need to be limited, you'll end up with very (too large) resource groups that contain so many different concepts and domains, that it's almost impossible to quickly find your way around.

Rodrigo T.

Great tools, stable server

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

I have been using it for several years, in our company we have several customer projects on Azure, especially in ASP.NET. There is a certain latency that is a little too great between the data server and the application server, when it uses a SQL Server base (much higher than in your traditional hosting provider). We miss a simple button to install Lets Encrypt on websites, everything is manual. For backup we use competitor G which is much cheaper. Our customers really like application stability and response time.

Pros

The best thing about Azure is flexibility, you can put a lot of projects there, in different languages and technologies. If you use .NET it becomes even easier, as it has several integrations in native components, including the development IDE.

Cons

Mainly the price. In Brazil, being charged on a dollar basis is very expensive, it is difficult to pass this on to the customer. The recent 21% readjustment was abusive. It also fails to deliver simple ways to perform trivial tasks: you suffer if you want to create a simple backup of your website or database. Leaving the trivial, the technical bureaucracy is enormous.

DigitalOcean and Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Especially trust, and the fact that you can do everything without relying on any technical support. We can allocate servers and VMs to test applications and then destroy everything without anyone asking questions.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

The fact that it fits well with any type of project, and the familiarity with the use of .NET technology, especially the legacy of Framework 4.x. We use SQL Server a lot too. Competitors are very focused on Linux technologies, and add higher Windows license cost to servers and hosting.
Prince K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The New Way to Develop, Deploy, and Maintain

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

I honestly really like it. In the beginning (as with anyone) I found myself constantly wanting to go back to Pivotal or VM Ware's suite of tools and software but after learning what Azure can do and getting comfortable with it, its not so bad. Learning shortcuts and tricks makes a big difference in speeding up your tasks so I highly recommend learning how the folks at Microsoft utilize Azure as they know all the tips and tricks. Other than that, its sturdy, reliable, and its reaching its "One-stop shop" capabilities as I learn more and continue using it.

Pros

Microsoft went all out to develop the one-stop shop for enterprise development. Azure has everything you need to succeed when it comes to development, deploying, staging, maintaining, and monitoring. Microsoft has gone the extra mile to make sure all steps have their own respective software or portal to ensure maximum fluid integration. When it all works, it works very very well. You won't be needing to go out and find additional software to what they're offering because they have thought everything through. On the other end however, sometimes we have our own preferences so Microsoft has made sure that Azure is adaptable to 3rd party applications, software, plugins, pretty much the whole nine-yards. They even play nice with some of the competing software they created this whole suite for. In essence, Microsoft is making sure this is the software for anyone's use. Of course the same is supported with countless and invaluable tutorials, courses, and forums to ensure your success using Azure.

Cons

When something did break, Microsoft's support is slow at best. No matter what the urgency, it always took an extra push or kick to really get Microsoft's attention. Regardless of the severity of any issue found, I believe that Microsoft should really look into understanding their client's impact and not just determine severity based on their outlook (no pun intended). Azure overall is great and this is really the only significant issue I have found. Also, the Azure suite is nothing you can learn over night but given the amount of features and capabilities, it may take some time to learn it all. I will say that it is similar to other tools and software used in the same field so it makes it easier but if you want to use its true potential, it will still take time to learn.

Jinal P.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The service provided by Azure is priceless!

Reviewed on 2020/12/27

Intuitive and easy to use. You do not have problems uploading files. the convenience of being able to store very large files in multiple gigabytes is great. An affordable, reliable product.I love that it provides easy access to everything we keep. My experience with Azure is great.

Pros

Its design is pleasant and intuitive. It is easy to use and is a reliable great tool for my cloud storage needs. I like that it is easy to store all kinds of data and data drop extensions. It is truly an excellent online storage program. It allows the sharing of large videos and graphics, which are difficult to send by e-mail, thanks to this feature, it perfectly supports the workflow and contributes to the improvement of our business process. the pleasure of sharing important content such as videos and graphics that I want to share in a comfortable, fast and secure way without any restrictions is invaluable. It is also great at having unlimited data and analysis features. Azure enables us to turn our ideas into solutions by enabling us to see insight, unparalleled scale and price / performance ratio in a short time in the cloud created for data and analysis.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experience with Azure, I am very satisfied.

Gabriel M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Excellent Cloud Plataform for Visual Studio users

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

I think is a great product, all is available in one place. It is integrated with external basic tools like emails and many of them are free with some limits. Deploy a new version of a service in a new environment is really quick. Azure is really competitive in terms of cost in windows or other plataforms. In my case which I mainly work with MS Visual Studio I would recommed it over the others.

Pros

As a Visual Studio developer it easy to create a service or project from visual studio and deploy to azure.
It offers a free tier to test the best option to implement a service or application.
We have access to detailed management cost analysis tool that includes budget alerts as a way to monitor the cost of the services.
For a beginner I think that is easier to use than AWS or Google. Experts can customize all features of each service and follow service recommendations.
Azure has an exceptional service called Application Insights which brings all information about performance, errors and use.
Related services are fully integrated and ready to use as soon is deployed. i.e. A SQL Azure database from a web application.
High availability, we have never had an issue related to the service.

Cons

Azure requires at least a basic management for each service. For basic users that are starting to use it there could be an even simple service configuration and options available UI. Something like Basic or Experts configuration. Because of the huge list of available settings and options sometimes it is hard to find what the user wants. Basic and free tiers could have some limitations with the access to some specific functionalities like for instance GDI to create reports.

Amazon RDS, Amazon EC2 and Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Azure has a service called Web Apps based on .Net (or others) which can be quickly and easly managed. The service can be scaled based on requirements or automatically.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Turning up virtual conditions and facilitating programming for customers and we utilize cold and hot stockpiling for customers servers and backs with sky blue as they offer probably the best stockpiling rates when contrasted with AWS. We can likewise turn up virtual area and dynamic indexes for our customers to expel the warmth and upkeep from little offices on the edge of their condition that probably won't have a committed space for IT. Permitting us to now just offsite the IT yet in addition the foundation.

Pros

I have discovered the best use for Azure is to off site the IT equipment for framework, So now IT can have the group off site as well as now that off site group doesn't need to stress over the servers being moved by workers messing around in the system closets.Allowing whole organizations to be overseen off site.

Cons

Lacking options for life cycle management. - Some of the capacities just work in the great gateway. The unwavering quality of the administrations relies upon the innovative and monetary limit of the suppliers of administrations in the cloud. The data of the organization must experience various hubs to arrive at its goal, every one of them (and its channels) are a wellspring of frailty. The centralization of the applications and the capacity of the information begins an association of the specialist co-ops. It is valuable in the event that you are inexperienced with Azure to take an internet instructional class that will take you far to ace it and increment your trust in the item. It will in general use assets and when the VM goes down it is moderate and freezes. the dashboard configuration is confounding AF, it is hard to discover things. You pay the help, or send them a tweet and cross your fingers. Charging is confounding, particularly toward the start, and it is difficult to gauge costs without seeing the utilization of a whole application/site. foundation as an assistance permits me to save time and assets up to that point to keep up its own framework, safety efforts are past the scope of most organizations, security guidelines give clients the certainty that their information will be completely ensured. The help was deficient (my experience of 1 of every year and a half was extremely baffling). In rundown, paying little heed to what the framework lets you know, on the of

Daniel C.

AWS who?.....

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Spinning up virtual environments and hosting software for clients and we use cold and hot storage for clients servers and backs with azure as they offer some of the best storage rates as compared to AWS. We can also spin up virtual domain and active directories for our clients to remove the heat and maintenance from small facilities on the edge of their environment that might not have a dedicated space for IT. Allowing us to now only offsite the IT but also the infrastructure.

Pros

I have found the best use for Azure is to off site the IT hardware for infrastructure, So now IT can not only have the team off site but now that off site team doesn't have to worry about the servers being touched by employees messing around in the network closets.Allowing entire companies to be managed off site.

Cons

Price on VMs, non transparent price, ease to setup redundancy...

Amazon RDS

Amazon RDS

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Being that it is Microsoft it never closes and the people on the Azure team are always willing to help, and since it is Microsoft its almost like you have built in OS support. You can have most of your support in one location and but support contracts from one vendor.
Tim C.

A powerful platform with tons of options but a confusing interface and unclear pricing

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

There are a ton of amazing points about Azure. The ease of which you can spool up new websites, databases, or even entire virtual machines is incredible. You can do in minutes what would take you hours to do on site. Setting up communication between resources is also quite easy.

Inside each installed item (website, VM, SQL Server, etc.), there will be options that you can configure. These options make it very easy to quickly configure your resources in a way that is best. Not sure what you should do for setup? No problem. There are usually only a few pages of options, so it is easy enough to click through each page and read them (and their associated help). That allows for a much better experience for even novice Azure users.

Cons

I like Azure a lot, but there are definitely some big areas for improvement. The biggest, I think, is a very clear and transparent pricing system. It is very difficult to figure out what a certain addition will do to impact your monthly pricing. You have to guess a bit at what you think will happen and where you think you are at overall to figure out if you can afford to add another resource. That's not the way it should be.

The interface leave a lot to be desired as well. They just updated it, but it actually added to the confusion. There are so many boxes and flyouts to navigate, it gets hard to figure out what resources you are already using. I would like to see a very clear "this is what you have" system, especially when new resources can use the existing resources. For example, you can set up a VM to host your websites. Cool. However, that VM is a special one and it is hard to find to configure. Also, it is hard to figure out if it would be ok to add another website to it or not (is it pegged out or is there some wiggle room to add more load?).

Like I said, I like Azure. There is just room to make it better.

• Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Deploy workloads and sync/ integrate seamlessly within Microsoft Ecosystem with Microsoft Azure

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

Overall, our organization heavily rely on Microsoft applications and therefore, Microsoft Azure being part of that ecosystem, and further enriching the whole experience by seamlessly integrations and connectivity, makes Microsft Azure services the best fit. Also, reliability is one of the most important characteristics, which is heavily looked over by large scale organizations. Since this platform is backed with huge reliability, Microsoft Azure becomes the choice of many large scale companies.

Pros

1. Reliability: is one of the major advantages of Microsoft Azure. Since it is a platform built by one of the industry pioneers, anyone can blindly rely on the fact that Microsoft Azure is one of the best in case of reliability.
2. Huge variety of managed services are available to choose from, which would provide almost any service as a managed service on this platform.
3. The model - Pay what and when you use, is one of the most attractive features of these services. From small scale to large scale companies are attracted, solely because of this feature-set, which is only available in cloud-based service like Microsoft Azure.

Cons

1. Complex User Interface: is by far my top concern while using this platform. Although, the platform is capable of doing so much, however, the placement of feature-sets is not appropriately done. The UI of the platform could be made a little bit more user friendly, which would enhance the user experience, immensely.
2. Better cache services: can reduce laggy-ness in the platform for the users who are not connected with very stable internet connections.

Ashish T.

Can't imagine to run our Business without Azure

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

It's a wonderful experience using Azure. Being an startup we're able to host and manage a complex Enterprise Level business solution without any server administrator.
We would not have been able to manage our product without Azure.

Pros

1. Intuitive and Fast Interface.
2. Everything possible with Azure.
3. Most Reasonable platform.
4. Multiple Technology Stack makes the life easy.
5. Ultimate Performance
6. Great analytics from usage to pricing level.

Cons

Microsoft keep on engineering and inventing the platform periodically. Whatever we think is missing is present in the immediate releases.

Amazon S3

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Easy to use and cost-effectiveness.

Amazon S3
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Microsoft Azure - Provides us the best cloud experience right now!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

We work for health care across the globe , For us it is well suited fpr moving single use servers to the cloud.We were able to quickly replicate some of our servers and move their functionalities to the new azure hosted servers.Core and Advanced ADC functionalities helps us serve us customers better. Supports bigger platforms. We chose Azure as we pay only for what we use, certain applications were used rarely to produce reports but we had to pay a hefty amount. The accessibility of software and flexibility is good. Lot of features we havent explored yet. Good product and we are happy adopting it.

Pros

1. Easy integration with other microsoft products. Easy installation and use.
2. It is very user friendly and provides user friendly options for data capture and analysis.
3. Lot of options and variety of capabilities.
4. Market of Azure is growing very rapidly, the PaaS offerings are evolving and rapidly maturing.
5. Supports the current infrastructure of our company.
6. Pay only for the resources strategy helps and support our company in a big way.
7. Security management on microsoft Azure is good.
8. Cloud computing is the best feature and its virtual environment on the market is stand out.
9. Database administration is made simple and easy.
10. Less cost with high performance.

Cons

1. Monitoring the spend and billing rates are always are headache.
2.Backup and restoration process take a little bit of time.
3. User interface works slowly on firefox browsers.
4. Support and service center support should be more responsive.

Tyler F.

Reliable cloud for mission critical applications

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Azure has helped us grow tremendously while minimizing maintenance, upkeep, and other non value-add activities.

Pros

Azure has been a stable and reliable cloud platform within which we have based all of our mission critical applications. The breadth of offerings is on par with any other competitor, and we have not found a situation yet where we've had to look elsewhere for a particular product. Interfaces and APIs for working with Azure resources are easy to use and intuitive. We also applaud Microsoft's embracing of open source software, particularly Linux environments. Inevitable brief downtime periods (all major clouds have this) have been addressed swiftly and transparently.

Cons

Support at the basic levels is poor to non-existent, must upgrade to a high level support plan to get any competent support within a reasonable timeframe. While infrequent, a few service outages we have seen lasted more than a few hours.

Carlos david M.

A Competitive Cloud Provider

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

I've been using Microsfot Azure since last 6+ years and I am still convinced that it is the best cloud services solution available in the market. Compared to GCP and AWS it offers a good balance between cost and benefits.

Pros

Microsoft Azure has many features, but perhaps one of the things that I find most valuable it is how easy to use is the Azure Portal. Compared to Google Cloud or AWS , Azure portal is intuitive and you can deploy resources in a nutshell.
There are a vast number of resources from which you can select the ones that fit your needs. You can quickly deploy Linux or Windows Servers, VPN services, Load Balancers, API Gateway, and so on...

Cons

One important feature that it is missing, is an improvement in the Azure Calculator that allow you to effectively calculate your monthly costs. It tends to be quite difficult to do an accurate estimate of prices.