Talisma Reviews

Talisma

CRM suite with marketing and KB (Knowledge Base) tools

3.9/5 (10 reviews)
Daniel B.

As a scholarship assistant, Talisma made communication and data management a breeze.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Communicating essential information to large groups of people, and being able to quickly gather information about what a student had been told by various members of the admissions staff made communicating consistently a breeze.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to see what has been said to someone who contacts you by going to their site profile. It was also an essential tool in our office for event registrations. Talisma makes life so easy. Being able to assign interactions to specific staff members also makes communicating consistently easy. As an administrator, I could make sure there was one "go-to" contact for each type of interaction so that communication was consistent.

Cons

Vigilance does need to be exercised if someone will e-mail you with multiple accounts. Linking up information from multiple users can be a bit time-consuming.

Juan K.

Great CRM System

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

It's been almost 5 years working with Talimsa, we just upgraded to version 10 which is way better, at the beginning was hard to move from access to this CRM but at the end has many many helpful tools to keep data and track of everything in our company

Pros

Very helpful tool

Cons

Hard to understand at the beginning

Not bad. But definitely not good.

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I've been using Talisma regularly for the past year and a half—at least five or six times a day. I've used other similar programs in the past—Raiser's Edge, DonorPerfect. I know Talisma is a smaller CRM, so I don't expect it to be exactly like either of those. The problem is, however, that it's often more of a headache than boon to our non-profit.

The tabs in a donor's profile are un-intuitive and un-organized, for one. I often have to hunt down information that should be easy to find. Running a simple report isn't too bad, but once you start adding more variables it's bound to fail. I've also run in to quite a few weird glitches or bugs since I began using Talisma.

Still, it does the basics—even with some difficultly—so it's not horrible. Our department received Talisma free as part of a package other department purchased a number of years back. I don't always agree with the "you get what you pay for" maxim, but in this case it's true.

Pros

1) Pricing for Talisma is not bad at all.
2) Logging comments on donor files is easy.
3) Color scheme doesn't give me a headache.

Cons

1) Overall, Talisma is plagued by a clunky interface that is amazingly counter-intuitive.
2) I felt like I needed an additional degree to run some moderately complex reports.
3) Even logging in can be a pain.
4) Almost every aspects that should be easy to deal with is not. At all.

Ashley W.

Clunky and Outdated

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Currently, we are in the process of switching over to another education management system because of all of the issues that we have had with Talisma over the past few years. While learning new software is never fun, we are excited to leave Talisma behind.

Pros

The basic features are fine and they do what you need them to do.

Cons

The overall layout is complicated to figure out and just feels very outdated. It's not intuitive at all. I spend so much time trying to figure out how to run reports that it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

3.0/10
Ravi S.

We had to replace Talisma

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

As far as the functionality and reports are concerned it has in depth options to manage these. However when we reviewed the usability among the multiple team levels, we found that it need highly analytical and attentive approach and the sales team specially being on the field dint show the interest in managing records in the system.

Cons

Multiple workspaces, mobile app's navigation is not user friendly

Pranav L.

Flexibility is the key differentiator of Talisma

Reviewed on 2010/07/28

Strongly recommended.

Pros

(1) Web Client is very effective for the Sales Force dispersed across geographical locations
(2) Rich in Functionality and the Product features are best in class. 90% of customer requirements can be handled through parameterisations
(3) Customisable Product where additional features such as customised SQL Reports etc. can be built with minimum time to market
(4) Customer focussed management which understands the
(5) Flexibility to interface with as may systems as possible with significant ease

Cons

(1) Effective Support and Root Cuse Analysis is severely lacking in Talisma Support.

Database administrator at a Big 10 school

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

Call tracking and e-mail flow. They make tracking inbound and outbound correspondence with prospective students very simple and clear.

Cons

Not user friendly. There is a large learning curve. The training videos were extremely simple and high-level and not exactly "real world" training--more of a glossary to understand the terminology.

Not user-friendly

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

I like that you can customize your home screen to your most commonly used reports, although not very easy to do.

Cons

The software is not very user-friendly. Reports are difficult to work through to get the answers you are seeking. I have heard the software as numerous capabilities, but without extensive training, you cannot navigate easily. This is not a program where you can self-teach the system.

0.0/10
Donson R.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/07/22
Review Source

Justin M.

Good CRM

Reviewed on 2011/09/08

I would recomend this product

Pros

Good system with lots of features

Cons

Non intuitive, Traning is required