AppInstitute

Online app builder for iphone & android devices

3,7
3,4
3,6
3,8
3,6
Jack R.
Industry: Computer Software

User friendly, does the job

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

I used AppInstitute's AppBuilder to build an app for my Italian restaurant. It is easy to use with good chat support (they helped me with step by step instructions when I had to solve some problems). Compared to other DIY builders I can recommend AppInstitute for its loyalty features.

Pros

User friendly - Easy to use
Good chat support

Cons

Submission took a little long, suppose this is due to Apple's regulations

Carl W.

On first sight of the App Builder it was a no brainer for me to subscribe.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

I'm a creative person, concepts and design, not a web developer and the only code I understand is dress code, so for a creative like me to be able to build Apps says it all. A truly well researched and developed tool. Aside from the App Builder I have to mention the excellent support by customer support they have been nothing but responsive, patient and provided me with some of the best support I've ever experienced in 30 years of being in design and marketing. I think App Institute should be proud of this product and the team and service they have to provide and support clients like myself.

Cons

Apple and Google are now making it harder and harder to have white label Apps so unfortunately the cost of producing these types of apps is increasing, which is a shame. I have often used the App Builder as a door opener to clients offering them a cost effective App which they would otherwise never be able to afford. It is a big positive tool to have for my clients, so hopefully the recent restrictions are the last.

Jessica R.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

Lame customer service

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

It’s constantly out of date. The owners have to update it and they don’t.
No mobility function for responding to customers.

Pros

Easy to use. No experience necessary. It seemed easy and streamlined.

Cons

The app is constantly out of date with Apple and Google Play. The owners took 4 mo this time to update the app in the stores after sending multiple emails to them.... I’ve lost ALOT of business. I’ve had this app for 2 years and won’t be signing for a third.
Also, for being “mobile,” there is no option to get into the app while mobile. Everything done must be through a desktop. You can not respond to customers while mobile.

Michael B.

Brilliant

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Businesses are easily communicated with their customers with their push notification service, easy to use loyalty programs and the app builder is easy to use. No technical experience is required. Businesses love it and so do their customers getting updated information at their finger tips.

Pros

It benefits my customers businesses. My customers love their apps.

Cons

Like anything, it's technology and always things can get better. Maybe you can choose the tiered group in editor to not all show and have a plus sign to show them all.

Sara O.
Industry: Accounting

Works amazingly

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Pros

We got our app built on this software and it works amazingly, i can make changes whenever i need without a line of code!

Cons

Can't find any fault with the software, it works so good

Kara F.

Sadly, You will Need to Look Elsewhere...

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

good marketing material

Pros

I loved the user friendly app platform. I liked that I was able to get a hold of someone overtime I called.

Cons

I signed up with AppInstitute in July of 2017. I read the reviews at that time which were all from 2016 and nothing less than a 5 star rating... so, I went ahead and purchased the annual white label package ($1400). Everything was good. Good communication, they set up my account and platform, EVERYTHING was awesome.

Fast forward two months (length it took me to build the app). I submitted my app for publishing on September 1st. 1 week later, they sent me an email saying that they are no longer publishing to Apple Store or Google Play, but instead they are now doing PWA's (Progressive Web Apps) which will be available at the end of September. So, they switched their business model and clients are supposed to be okay with that? Anyways, I waited to try out the PWA. Everything was good, until a link to buying gift certificates didn't work. It took them THREE weeks, THREE WEEKS to fix the link! Needless to say, I lost my very first app client because I wasn't able to perform. I asked for a refund multiple times. They refused to give even a partial refund for the months I haven't used. I strongly advise you NOT to sign up with this company no matter how good it looks. For under $100 I was able to get an awesome performing app published on Apple and google through Fiverr.

Yosef L.
Company size: Self Employed

Support Like No Other

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

I’m currently a resseler, and the support I get is like no other.

Pros

AppInstitute has the most features of all template app builders out there, catering everybody’s needs.

Cons

The only thing I think is missing with this software is that they have not got 24/7 chat support, otherwise there’s nothing to moan about.

Andrew F.

Too expensive, never updates your app to latest phones or software.

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

None.

Pros

There isn't much to like. The software is out of date, the features are stale, the customer service is terrible, and they never update the app framework to be compatible with the latest devices. You could definitely spend more per month somewhere else and get a better value.

Cons

It was overall terrible using AppInstitute. This company purchased a company that I previously used to build an app for our company. This new company totally neutered development and has charged the same bloated price for the past three years without any updates or new features. Totally not worth your money and I would advise you look elsewhere for a cookie-cutter app developer. There are many cheaper developers who offer better features.

Jason A.

Links

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

It is a great and easy way of having a app.

Cons

The only thing is that there is no way of adding a phone number or web link so people can press it to take them straight there.

Company size: Self Employed

Excellent Service

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/03

I've been using the Appinstitute Appbuilder for some years now and find the system easy to use and they have an excellent, fast responding team.

Pros

The ease of use and responsiveness of the system

Cons

The preview can be a little restrictive, but it's no great worry.

Craig P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Apps, Loads of Functionality!

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Pros

Easy to use, lots of capabilities such as loyalty, geo based push, coupons. Very realiable software.

Cons

There isnt many issues to complain about. AI have been extremely helpful.

Yosef L.

Top Stuff

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Pros

Used this app for a few years now and we are really happy with it. It has a whole range of features and doesn't look like a template based app builder.

Cons

I am yet to find something i don't like about this software

Philip R.
Industry: Design

Pretty amazing appbuilder

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Lets me learn a lot about making an app

Pros

There are many app builders nowadays and this one for me is clearly the best among the rest. I also like the great and responsive support from this company. They are very knowledgeable and courteous. They are also quick to respond which is fantastic especially that I am still new at this app building. Giving them 5 stars is simply isn't enough with how great the company is and for their app builder. Thanks for this awesome app builder guys!

Angela T.

This is an easy to use app for beginners

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

This is an easy to use app for beginners and best part of this you don't need to have core knowledge about coding. The support is the best. Matt from support was able to guide me in building my very first app!

Cons

I don't find any problems with the app so far. To be honest I really can't find any problems in using this app.

Eliza P.

Awesome support and the app builder was so easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/03/24

The app builder was so easy to use. I used one of their templates and customised to suit my own needs. The support team were always on hand and answered my queries within a few minutes through the online chat support feature. Really love the additional services like the push messaging feature and CRM. I can interact with my app users with forms, receive chat messages and send push notifications whenever I add a new feature to my app. Highly recommend this company, they have been invaluable to my business.

My App has now had over 30K downloads and I'm even making some revenue from mobile ads.

Response from AppInstitute

Hey Eliza,

Thanks so much for your review! :)

Team AppInstitute

Mark J.

Very Impressed

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

I am moving from another reseller platform and I already am impressed with AI! Customer support is amazing

Cons

I have no issues at this time! I am a new user but so far, I am impressed with the ease of the platform and quick response of the support team! Two very important things for us resellers!

Perry T.
Industry: Financial Services

Great Softward, Tremendous Parter, Spectacular Service

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

We have found the team at App Institute to be most supportive and helpful with every question and need. The software itself is a great value, and the service is even better.

Pros

The software is easy to use, flexible, and broad in it use.

Cons

Hard to pin point a negative. I think it meets every expectation!

Dj kingfishazz B.

Rating only

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/25

Alex S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Don’t use them! Poor customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

The product is good, easy to setup. The submission process could be a more informative prior to purchasing.

The interface doesn’t show you if you have multiple accounts and if it does it’s hidden. This can cause major headaches and anger after you realize you have the app under the wrong email address, purchased a plan etc. BEWARE this company won’t be nice about transferring your PAID plan to the email you need it to go under!!! They make you purchase a whole NEW one.

Pros

Functionality until you have to publish the app

Cons

The Apple submission process can be cumbersome if you aren’t on a Mac.

The customer service department is very cut throat if you make a billing mistake.

Sharon S.

An excellent appbuilder

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

This app builder is what I have been looking for! I have found other app builders to be difficult to understand and not really user-friendly. But this one is different. I find this one a whole lot better and thankfully its easy to use as well. The apps made using this app builder are of great quality and the send push notification feature is great! I am really loving this app builder and also, I give plus points to their support team. Always quick to respond to answer my questions.

Carl M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

An Honest Opinion

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Pros

Its white label feature and loads of templates.

Cons

Its limited payment gate way support - specialy for South Africa

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

AppInstitute Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/12

They made huge mistakes launching apps in the App Store, over charged, and then when I cancelled my account they suddenly charged my cc.

Pros

Nothing! Don’t use them the platform is really slow.

Cons

Super slow and cannot do in app purchase

Fredis B.

This company is very bad

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Cons

This company is very bad it charges the customers and they do not give the product that promise I pay money and I have not received anything from them

Do not use, company doesn't respond to unauthorized charges after 1 year of charges in 1 day

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Cons

Do not use company, clear billing information is not given. The company will bill you for one year after free trial and then the will charge you 12 months and not respond to comments regarding the over 1 dozen charges on my paypal.com account DO NOT USE SCAM COMPANY LEAVE YOUTUBE AND GOTO GOOGLE AND CHEcKOUT REVIEWS.

Henrietta S.

Easy to Use AppBuilder

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

Good customer service from AppInstitute. The App Builder platform was easy to use with a great range of different features. Recommended