iDeals Virtual Data Room Reviews

iDeals Virtual Data Room

Secure document sharing and financial communication services

5/5 (46 reviews)
Sana M.

Great tool to manage due diligence processes faster and more efficiently.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/27

iDeals helped to manage due diligence processes faster and more efficiently.

Pros

iDeals offer the ability to choose the exact permissions you grant to users, there is also separate subpermissions for excel files, which is a very convenient tool for managing work with documents. I also liked various security settings like the ability to establish password and SMS code for user access, protection documents from copying though Fence view, which create a physical barrier. This is very important when people work with have high-level confidential information.

Cons

So far, I have totally positive experience in using this software.

Christine F.

Recomend to your business

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

This was my first experience of using virtual data room and I'll definitely be happy to recommend iDeals for any France-based businesses.

Pros

The user interface is really good: the fact that it's available in French is also one of the reasons why we have decided to go with iDeals. The customer support is really helpful and assisté me with some little issues that I had had.

Cons

The pre-established data room index was a bit confusing sometimes and did not always fit quite well so I had to ask for assistance. And that is another thing that can be improved possibility to make changes to data room index without relying on customer support.

Rita L.

Simple yet powerful platform

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

All in all, iDeals was of great help in sharing our confidential information during our M&A deal. We shall definitely come back for the future projects.

Pros

iDeals platform served us very well. What we enjoyed the most was a simple drag and drop of the entire document structure prepared in advance on our PC into the data room. We didn't have to do the double work of replicating the folders and then placing all the numerous files into their right place.

Cons

A couple of our users did not receive invitation letters due to some mail filtering systems, but their support guys resolved the matter in no time.

Robert D.

Good overall, but reports were not convenient enough

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

The platform is pretty straightforward for the first time user. I had no difficulties with the interface or other features. The thing I had to struggle with was reports section. The statistical reports were of little use as there were mostly numbers without any graphic images. So, I had a hard time tracking who was most interested in buying the company and had to export the main report to analyze it in excel.

Cons

If not for the reports I would give it a 5, but for now, the whole section needs to be revisited as I had to spend more time on it.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/05/15
Review Source

Pros

- It generates various types of reports based on users, usage, views
- Ability to restrict viewership and access at various control levels
- Easy data uploads, downloads
- Categorization of data
- Value for money
- Good security controls

Cons

- not much to dislike
- more expensive than other cloud applications such as box
- ease in report generation and saving of these reports

Antonio A.

The easiest software to use

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/29

I for sure would pick iDeals for our future deals.

Pros

iDeals saved us a lot of time since their support guys were able to create the folder structure from an Excel file we provided. This helped us to populate the VDR in a fast and ordered fashion. What I also liked is the comprehensive reports section which allowed me to see the most interested bidders.

Cons

I think reports could be more graphical, but then the number of details for each action makes up for that for the time being.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

We were running a small deal, and at one point my colleague overtook the data room management. He isn't a computer person but didn't have to be as iDeals rooms are super easy to use. It took some time to understand and tweak the Q&A settings, but once that was taken care of we didn't have much work to do.

Pros

Positive:
Very user-friendly and straightforward. I didn't need to teach my colleagues how to use it or answer any questions from my users as to how this or that is done.

Cons

I was under the impression that the data room would close automatically upon the end of the primary term, so my accounting team got a few extra invoices before we finally closed the project (can be done in the VDR itself, but we were not aware).

Raul S.

A deal well managed

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Special thank you note goes to the UX team for smooth user experience.

Pros

We picked iDeals to orchestrate our project and were very happy with the results. The project went hassle-free thanks to the thought-through interface. After some point, all we had to do was monitoring the reports and answering the questions from potential bidders.

Jean-francois P.

Extremely Positive

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

My experience with IDeals has been extremely positive. The user interface of virtual data room is very intuitive. I particularly like the drag & drop option, that allows to add files and folders and also easy user management.

I have been extremely pleased with the customer service as well. The initial training was very good and every time I contacted the help line, I did get the support I needed, both by phone and email. Replies to my emails have been done within less than one hour anytime.

I definitively recommend iDeals Virtual Data Room and will use it in the future.

Sabeeh K.

My experience has been fairly smooth

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

We are basically using the data room to do M&A deals from the buyer's perspective, we are reaching out specific customers and consultants within the iDeals VDR.

The platform is pretty easy and intuitive, there were a couple of features that I think would be extremely beneficial and are lacking right now, related to marking files and folders and applying high permissions without including some of the lower permissions.

Other than that, my experience has been fairly smooth, the system is easy to manage and offers a number of great features.

Creigh P.

Some of the invitations were not delivered

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Our project was going well until I reached out to a couple of buyers and found out the invitations to my data room never made it to their inbox. I didn't know about corporate restrictions which could block some emails, and frankly speaking, I expected that VDR providers would take care of it. I had to ask them to turn to their IT guys as there's no option to send direct links, only invite via the interface.

Pros

iDeals support answered my call and quickly sent me the instructions. Overall
impression was good until we faced cons below.

Cons

It's one of the main features that didn't work for some of my users but they prommised to fix it soon.

Krzysztof P.

High quality product for banking sector

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/12

Extremely useful product in daily banking activity

Pros

iDeals provide the best quality of virtual data room services in Europe and some great features that I haven't been able to find in any other similar products yet.

Cons

iDeals is slightly more expensive than I would expect but, I guess, this is that kind of situation where you have to be ready to pay a little bit more in order to get high quality product.

Szabolcs A.

Exceptional VDR provider.

Reviewed on 2014/09/03

I would like to thank iDeals Solution Group for its
exceptional services. iDeals Virtual Data Room services
have provided Opal Zrt's business with a high quality and
first-rate support. The VDR product is very user friendly and
provided comprehensive support to our M&A transaction.
One of the best product on the market, cost effective and a
outstanding quality. iDeals' VDR platform integrates a very
good product with superior services - good support, fast
response time, a helpful and qualified team, and good value
for the money.

Pablo C.

Tried iDeals several times and going to use it again

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Data room for huge data with limit acces of every involved person.

Pros

- Very fast on mobile
- No skills requied, very simple for understanding
- User-friendly interface, good design
- Average market price
- Great scrupulous level of customization
- Bulk uploading

Cons

There is still features issue, but you can handle it with support or update your subscription plan.

Justin S.

iDeals is awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

The platform was very comfortable and easy to use. I liked the feature of inviting people via the interface with security concerns taken care of as you can set the desired level of authorization. The best thing is that you can put users in groups - this was vital for us as there were several series of groups and each one of them was given different permissions from just view access and up to upload. It was easy to figure out these settings in the friendly interface.

Sven-erik Z.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2015/11/23

iDeals virtual data room allows us to quickly and easily provide document viewing across multiple projects, while maintaining document security. We have used other data room providers but iDeals outperforms them thanks to intuitive design we required no training at all and speedy access to the documentation. In addition we have been very pleased with the quality of service from the iDeals support staff. The virtual data room from iDeals helped us greatly expedite our deal processes.

Elad L.

Amazing data room!

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

Bill J.

VDR of choice

Reviewed on 2015/10/28

iDeals Virtual Data Room has an intuitive design and extremely robust features. My entire transaction team was up and running in a matter of minutes without any training. I have used the big IT companies VDR offerings and iDeals is superior in a number of ways. From document rights management, reporting, file format compatibility and ease of use, iDeals is the better choice. A great product at a reasonable price. I give it my highest recommendation.

Mark L.

Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/01/04

Speaking as an administrator who had used other services iDeals interface is very user friendly and their file management system has saved me a lot of time. I also have to give a special mention to their technical support team, they were always readily available to answer my questions. This personalized aspect is very important for business users like myself who are time pressed and in need of timely solutions.

Ekaterina L.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2016/02/18

Evgeny S.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2016/01/20

Erkan E.

Excellent solution for our company

Reviewed on 2015/11/28

I have been working with iDeals on a long term project that has taken over a year, and I have been very pleased with their support. I find their VDR portal quite user friendly and their local team member based here in Istanbul extremely helpful for us, especially in terms of managing our relationships with the end clients as well as receiving instant and customized sales service.

Mustafa H.

Awesome product for any organization!

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

iDeals service was pretty satisfactory together with its flexible invoicing approach because people were not strict and rigid with payment terms and collections. We were happy with the easy admin and user interfaces. The local team is always open to questions and very helpful during the operation. Our priority will definitely be iDeals VDR in considering future projects.

Hakki kadir K.

Superb product and service

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

Since the beginning of our project and onwards iDeals was there to familiarise with its product. The support team was very helpful, promptly adressing our inquiries and requests. It has been an awesome experience using such an advanced product in our project. Furthermore, the local iDeals director has been very proactive regarding follow ups and always attentive to our needs.

Aydin E.

Fantastic Business Tool

Reviewed on 2015/12/28

The layout, interface, services, responsiveness and overall management of iDeals in our projects where we worked together have been extremely helpful. iDeals has proved its presence and capabilities  as a multi-functional solution provider in all respects. We are happy to be working with iDeals and would recommend them to our colleagues.