iDeals Virtual Data Room Reviews

iDeals Virtual Data Room

Secure document sharing and financial communication services

4.9/5 (61 reviews)
Raul L.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

iDeals is a great product. Provides the level of security needed to ensure your documents are protected. Ease of use was fantastic and customer service is excellent.

Pros

Security, User interface, and permissions flexibility.

Cons

Installation needed for downloading of encrypted files. Should be easier.

Jesse S.

Data room function is easy - some glitches

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

iDeals gets the job done - they are much less inexpensive than other VDR providers. Relatively easy to use but can be slow, customer services isn't so easy. Really need to enable iOS remote administration of the site.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy integration into file manager.
I really like the "updated version" function which allows a new version of a document to easily replace a dated version

Cons

Since the very first day - no matter where in the world I am - the automatic time zone finder function is wrong. Every single instance I open the site I am forced to re-set my timezone. Customer service was zero. no idea how to fix this simple problem.
Service - conducting a live chat is next to impossible (or at least it was) I don't want to get on the phone.
REMOTE ADMINISTRATION! SO many times i've been out to dinner or on a train with no laptop and would be great to manage files and run administrative tasks from mobile. right now can only be a 'viewer" from mobile.
Slow. Download speeds can be glacial.

6.0/10
Eric W.

iDeals CIO Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

This is solving my due diligence opportunities with legal, financial and hr internal and external. Very happy with the platform, just need to work on the clone capability.

Pros

The security aspects are superior to the competition. I like the ability to control the content sharing of this application, notification and reporting of my various data rooms.

Cons

The ability to clone or copy a data room and rename isn't up to speed with conventional applications of this kind. I pray that a change to this ability is on the horizon for iDeals to make it easier to clone data rooms and rename it to reuse instead of spending exhausting time to rebuild each time.

David M.

Medical Practice Data Infrastructure

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

Group and individual level differential permissions. Ease of use.

Cons

There needs to be a way to track total amount of data/space used. Need to be able to load files through the remote/mobile app.

William L.

Review for internal corporate M&A activities

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

We are using the iDeals VDR for sell-side M&A activity, intellectual property/patent application usage, and for some partnering activity and some business dispute/litigation.

Pros

Software is quite easy to set up and configure. Very streamlined user interface and the ability to set up multiple layers of security by user, by user group. Reporting capability is simple to use and provides pertinent information. Ability to do bulk export. Activating/deactivating and changing permissions is easy to administer. I liked the pricing model and renewal terms. Customer support (via email) was lightening fast.

Cons

There has been very little concern with iDeals VDR. In addition to our internal usage, our bankers, lawyers, due-diligence consultants and sales partners are all regular users - and we have not had a single issue or hiccup with the platform.

Sana M.

Great tool to manage due diligence processes faster and more efficiently.

Reviewed on 2017/12/27

iDeals helped to manage due diligence processes faster and more efficiently.

Pros

iDeals offer the ability to choose the exact permissions you grant to users, there is also separate subpermissions for excel files, which is a very convenient tool for managing work with documents. I also liked various security settings like the ability to establish password and SMS code for user access, protection documents from copying though Fence view, which create a physical barrier. This is very important when people work with have high-level confidential information.

Cons

So far, I have totally positive experience in using this software.

Leib D.

Doggone Good VDR

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

We are a unique start-up business that combines a fully staffed dog park with a bar/restaurant/event space (www.barkdogbar.com if you're interested!). We have done two seed financing rounds with potential investors from all around the country. We used iDeals for both rounds and the VDR allowed us to upload and share key docs with all interested parties as well as manage access, track usage, etc. Both rounds closed successfully.

Pros

The data room was very easy for us to set up and for our investors to access.

Cons

A bit expensive for a start-up but the functionality was worth it.

Kathryn R.

Easy user experience

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Easy to manage several projects at once based on the CEO's needs.

Pros

Everything is quite simple and easy to use in the data rooms. The user experience does not invoke any frustration or headaches and makes our different projects that much more streamlined to manage.

Cons

The reporting section took a bit getting used to to be able to see what I wanted to see of the data.

Michael P.

Best SAS Due Diligence on the market

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

We chose iDeals nearly 2 years ago as a tool for us to distribute/share highly confidential information to our prospective investors. IDeals proved a great tool with comprehensive controls and solid security!

Pros

Powerful due diligence distribution with a very solid data integrity/protection toolset. We will certainly use iDeals going forward!

Cons

Pricing too high, billing paradigm too manual

Ian M.

iDeals for Entrepreneurs

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/29

While we typically use SharePoint/Azure or DropBox for data sharing, transactional needs necessitate something much more robust in access rights and tracking. iDeals seems to be the best bang for the buck at this need and hasn't failed us.

Pros

Control of documents and data and ability to segregate access rights is excellent.

Cons

The interface could be better. It is not as intuitive as it could be, but quite decent and not terribly difficult to learn. fly-out video content could be very helpful.

Christine F.

Recomend to your business

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

This was my first experience of using virtual data room and I'll definitely be happy to recommend iDeals for any France-based businesses.

Pros

The user interface is really good: the fact that it's available in French is also one of the reasons why we have decided to go with iDeals. The customer support is really helpful and assisté me with some little issues that I had had.

Cons

The pre-established data room index was a bit confusing sometimes and did not always fit quite well so I had to ask for assistance. And that is another thing that can be improved possibility to make changes to data room index without relying on customer support.

Rita L.

Simple yet powerful platform

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

All in all, iDeals was of great help in sharing our confidential information during our M&A deal. We shall definitely come back for the future projects.

Pros

iDeals platform served us very well. What we enjoyed the most was a simple drag and drop of the entire document structure prepared in advance on our PC into the data room. We didn't have to do the double work of replicating the folders and then placing all the numerous files into their right place.

Cons

A couple of our users did not receive invitation letters due to some mail filtering systems, but their support guys resolved the matter in no time.

Robert D.

Good overall, but reports were not convenient enough

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

The platform is pretty straightforward for the first time user. I had no difficulties with the interface or other features. The thing I had to struggle with was reports section. The statistical reports were of little use as there were mostly numbers without any graphic images. So, I had a hard time tracking who was most interested in buying the company and had to export the main report to analyze it in excel.

Cons

If not for the reports I would give it a 5, but for now, the whole section needs to be revisited as I had to spend more time on it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

- It generates various types of reports based on users, usage, views
- Ability to restrict viewership and access at various control levels
- Easy data uploads, downloads
- Categorization of data
- Value for money
- Good security controls

Cons

- not much to dislike
- more expensive than other cloud applications such as box
- ease in report generation and saving of these reports

Roy S.

Ideals easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Pros

Its easy to use and high capacity and can share with other users.

Cons

I could not copy files automatically from box or drop box.

Antonio A.

The easiest software to use

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/29

I for sure would pick iDeals for our future deals.

Pros

iDeals saved us a lot of time since their support guys were able to create the folder structure from an Excel file we provided. This helped us to populate the VDR in a fast and ordered fashion. What I also liked is the comprehensive reports section which allowed me to see the most interested bidders.

Cons

I think reports could be more graphical, but then the number of details for each action makes up for that for the time being.

Mark H.

Scientist.com Dataroom

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Wonderful. We've hosted over 40 external diligence audits using our iDeals dataroom.

Pros

It's simple to set up, arrange files, rearrange files, and invite users with varying degrees of permissions and time status. We simply love it.

Cons

Creating a dropbox type desktop/my documents feature for parent users would be a nice to have add on.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

We were running a small deal, and at one point my colleague overtook the data room management. He isn't a computer person but didn't have to be as iDeals rooms are super easy to use. It took some time to understand and tweak the Q&A settings, but once that was taken care of we didn't have much work to do.

Pros

Positive:
Very user-friendly and straightforward. I didn't need to teach my colleagues how to use it or answer any questions from my users as to how this or that is done.

Cons

I was under the impression that the data room would close automatically upon the end of the primary term, so my accounting team got a few extra invoices before we finally closed the project (can be done in the VDR itself, but we were not aware).

Raul S.

A deal well managed

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Special thank you note goes to the UX team for smooth user experience.

Pros

We picked iDeals to orchestrate our project and were very happy with the results. The project went hassle-free thanks to the thought-through interface. After some point, all we had to do was monitoring the reports and answering the questions from potential bidders.

Matthew P.

Useful transactional system

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Pros

The site is intuitive and allows good referencing and organisation of documents. It has enough controls to manage access limitations for various users.

Cons

It takes quite a long time to upload each segment of the data room when using drag and drop format.

Jean-francois P.

Extremely Positive

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

My experience with IDeals has been extremely positive. The user interface of virtual data room is very intuitive. I particularly like the drag & drop option, that allows to add files and folders and also easy user management.

I have been extremely pleased with the customer service as well. The initial training was very good and every time I contacted the help line, I did get the support I needed, both by phone and email. Replies to my emails have been done within less than one hour anytime.

I definitively recommend iDeals Virtual Data Room and will use it in the future.

Sabeeh K.

My experience has been fairly smooth

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

We are basically using the data room to do M&A deals from the buyer's perspective, we are reaching out specific customers and consultants within the iDeals VDR.

The platform is pretty easy and intuitive, there were a couple of features that I think would be extremely beneficial and are lacking right now, related to marking files and folders and applying high permissions without including some of the lower permissions.

Other than that, my experience has been fairly smooth, the system is easy to manage and offers a number of great features.

Creigh P.

Some of the invitations were not delivered

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Our project was going well until I reached out to a couple of buyers and found out the invitations to my data room never made it to their inbox. I didn't know about corporate restrictions which could block some emails, and frankly speaking, I expected that VDR providers would take care of it. I had to ask them to turn to their IT guys as there's no option to send direct links, only invite via the interface.

Pros

iDeals support answered my call and quickly sent me the instructions. Overall
impression was good until we faced cons below.

Cons

It's one of the main features that didn't work for some of my users but they prommised to fix it soon.

Krzysztof P.

High quality product for banking sector

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/12

Extremely useful product in daily banking activity

Pros

iDeals provide the best quality of virtual data room services in Europe and some great features that I haven't been able to find in any other similar products yet.

Cons

iDeals is slightly more expensive than I would expect but, I guess, this is that kind of situation where you have to be ready to pay a little bit more in order to get high quality product.

Szabolcs A.

Exceptional VDR provider.

Reviewed on 2014/09/03

I would like to thank iDeals Solution Group for its
exceptional services. iDeals Virtual Data Room services
have provided Opal Zrt's business with a high quality and
first-rate support. The VDR product is very user friendly and
provided comprehensive support to our M&A transaction.
One of the best product on the market, cost effective and a
outstanding quality. iDeals' VDR platform integrates a very
good product with superior services - good support, fast
response time, a helpful and qualified team, and good value
for the money.