iDeals Virtual Data Room Reviews

iDeals Virtual Data Room

Secure and effortless document sharing and confidential comm

Sergey
Sergey

Great product to use

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Pros

Ease of set-up
Great international support team 24/7
Very reasonable pricing
Great reports

Cons

Did not spot any flaws, the setup went quickly and easy.

Datasite Diligence Virtual Data Room
Peter

Professionalization made easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Secure data exchange with individual access control for Real estate sale.

Secure data exchange with individual access control for Real estate sale.

Pros

User-friendly and intuitive platform. Individually adjustable security levels

Cons

Highly professional presentation and functions.

Nicholas

Ideals

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

Pros

The ability to send people notifications when uploading documents

Cons

Not a nice UX, quite clunky, also it was more expensive then others

James
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

An excellent service at a fraction of the cost

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Great value for money compared to competitors.

Great value for money compared to competitors.

Pros

It was very easy to understand, exactly as succinct as it needed to be. The customer service it came with was brilliant from the set up to time critical troubleshooting. Our biggest worry was that a less popular name would get flagged by firewalls but this wasn't the case.

Cons

That you had to pay premiums to download all the files on to a stick more than twice. I thought this was gimmicky since you could download everything individually anyway, it'd just take more time for the user.

Reasons for Switching to iDeals Virtual Data Room

Much much cheaper for the same or similar product.
Diogo
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

A friendly alternativa to dataroom facilities

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Pros

iDeals is being very helpful in our company, considering the amount of M&A and financing transactions that are constantly on going and, in my standpoint, its friendl functionality is its main strenght, specially when you are dealing with a great amount of counterparts. The fact that the counterparties can easly understand the tools and move forward with the work is extremely helpful.

Cons

So far, I haven't had any complaints about iDeals. The software is being very helpful.

Andrea
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 2+ years

Project consultants

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Overall, iDeals exceeded our expectations! iDeals is our trustful partner already (no doubts we would choose them also in the future) and we strongly recommend iDeals to any potential users. Thank you very much for the excelent mutual cooperation.

Pros

The tool is unbelievably comprehensive but still very flexible and user friendly. We appreciated the "intro online-training" - it was really helpful, very practical, we received so many hints in a short time (our "iDeals contact" was able to answer any question very clearly and was supportive during the whole project). We also liked the 24hours support (we used it and it worked to our satisfaction). The tool itself is precisely built to the smallest detail, it has a very clear structure, enormous number of various helpful reports and you can tailor it to your most specific needs. We were fascinated also by the speed of data loading. We value also a very professional and prompt communication and helpful approach of the whole iDeals team.

Cons

There was one thing at the end we learned from the whole process - we used a robust structure of folders and files within one dataroom (lots of subfolders and too long file names). This brought us some extra work at the end (when we needed to "archive" the whole database) - we had to "rethink" the structure a little bit to be able to archive it. The most practical way for us was to shorten some file names (that were making the whole "path" too long to be processed). So I would just make a recommendation to any users to be careful when they are building their datarooms not to go to extreme "file paths" like we did:-) But apart of this little extra work for us, we must say that iDeals was very supportive also at this stage and we managed also the final archiving process with no problems.

Naasik
  • Industry: Investment Banking
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Best bang for the buck VDR!

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

iDeals is definitely one of my go-to products now! Great overall product, very intuitive and unbeatable pricing!

Pros

Having used 10+ other VDR providers, I can say iDeals has my favorite UI / UX and ease of use. The price point is unbeatable by a mile so for budget conscious clients. For a typical middle market / lower-middle market M&A deal, the feature sets are more than adequate. I like the easy drag and drop functionality and I must say iDeals is the only vendor who allows drag and drop from email client function. Easy permissioning and user invites.

Cons

I have not faced this issue myself but I am told by other colleagues they have had some security concerns about the platform. The customer support is also not as robust but frankly I did not need to use them as the product is very intuitive!

Bang for the buck!
BINA
  • Industry: Farming

Great for Series A stage company

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

No automatic payment, hard to navigate through and edit per user options for document security

Cons

The customer service and response time was terrible, had to make multiple follow ups. No customer service available for the end user. Issues with invite emails.

Cheaper, easier platform

Response from iDeals

Dear Bina,
Thanks very much for your feedback!
We are sorry you had difficulties in communication with customer support. We have double-checked the situation. A spam filter was a reason for delays, therefore your requests could not be processed quickly. This issue is already taken care of. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any open topics.

Kind regards,

Marita
Marita
  • Industry: Insurance

Secure shared data

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

The iDeals team are very responsive, dear customer support.
Product is well constructed and...

The iDeals team are very responsive, dear customer support.
Product is well constructed and adaptable.

Pros

Flexible and easy to use, with the desktop app, can function like another file explorer on your system.

Cons

A great feature enhancement would be to allow access to specified folders by user.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

- It generates various types of reports based on users, usage, views
- Ability to restrict viewership and access at various control levels
- Easy data uploads, downloads
- Categorization of data
- Value for money
- Good security controls

Cons

- not much to dislike
- more expensive than other cloud applications such as box
- ease in report generation and saving of these reports

Jesse
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Data room function is easy - some glitches

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

iDeals gets the job done - they are much less inexpensive than other VDR providers. Relatively easy to use but can be slow, customer services isn't so easy. Really need to enable iOS remote administration of the site.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy integration into file manager.
I really like the "updated version" function which allows a new version of a document to easily replace a dated version

Cons

Since the very first day - no matter where in the world I am - the automatic time zone finder function is wrong. Every single instance I open the site I am forced to re-set my timezone. Customer service was zero. no idea how to fix this simple problem.
Service - conducting a live chat is next to impossible (or at least it was) I don't want to get on the phone.
REMOTE ADMINISTRATION! SO many times i've been out to dinner or on a train with no laptop and would be great to manage files and run administrative tasks from mobile. right now can only be a 'viewer" from mobile.
Slow. Download speeds can be glacial.

Michael
  • Industry: Insurance

iDeals Virtual Data Room

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We needed (and continue to need) a data room to share sensitive business information with third-party partners and potential partners. The iDeals Virtual Data Room gives us the ability to create such access securely and to respond easily to the needs and requests of our partners. Because it has been so easy, it actually creates confidence in utilizing this platform with more partners and in other ways.

Pros

The setting up of the data room on iDeals' platform is easy and versatile. We had a need for different data rooms and for differing access to those rooms and it was easy to control. Creating access for third-parties was easy on both ends. Sometimes no complaints are the best compliments, and we were pleased with the implementation and on-going use of the data rooms without any problems.

Cons

One area that I personally found a little challenging was moving documents from one folder to another. To me it wasn't always intuitive, so I created my own, clunky, way to get documents from one place to another.

Twinkle
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ideals Solution - Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Pros

I have using data room more than 2 years and so far I have not faced difficulty. Also I would really like to appreciate the co-ordinator from Ideals Solution- [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he has been really proactive and helpful and has always given as the best comparitive quotation. Also there were times when I had given him very short timeline to arrange for data room access and he has never disappointed us on that. On software I would like to say that it is user friendly you dont really need a training before using the software

Cons

One drawback I would want to say that many a times user is not notified if any document is upload on the data room

Response from iDeals

Dear Twinkle,
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
The notifications for documents uploading can be configured in "My notifications" menu in the VDR settings. Please contact our support team in case you will need any assistance with this.

Kind regards,
Customer Success Manager
iDeals Solutions Group

Roman
  • Industry: Banking

VDR which can be deployed really fast and is easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/05/02

Perfect tool for VDR setup.

Perfect tool for VDR setup.

Pros

I especially liked that I was really easy to use, everything works very intuitively, so basically no previous experience is needed to start a project. It comes with all features that are needed and a supreme customer service.

Cons

I had some problems with numbering of the folders I tried to do the bulk upload of the VDR folder structure. I managed to resolve issues and was even offered help from provider to do it instead of me. Really great customer service.

Nuno

Good tool at a good price

Good tool at a good price

Good value for money
Support

Cons

Less flexible to copy big chunks of data

Intralinks VDRPro and Drooms

Ideals VDR

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

pleasant experience so far

pleasant experience so far

Pros

The features on iDeals VDR are very user convenient and easy to us

Cons

I think the securities features for iDeals VDR are quite limited. for example it is unable to bar one from downloading.

Response from iDeals

Dear Tian Meng,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy you're having a pleasant experience with VDR.
With regards to your concerns, please note, there are 8 permission levels available for your documents. As an administrator, you can change permission for your users for specific folders to be more strict. For example, to "View Only". This setting is available in sections Documents and Users.
Please let us know if you need any help or assistance to proceed. Our team is here for you!

Best regards,

Chuan

Highly recommendable

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

I would choose it again should there be a need.

I would choose it again should there be a need.

Pros

Easy to set up, manage, and use with partners

Cons

Maybe it would be helpful to make it possibe to set different permission levels for people within the same user group - currently rule seems to be that all people in the same group have the same permission level.

Kimberly
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Overall, very impressed with the program. We have been utilizing it with ease.

Overall, very impressed with the program. We have been utilizing it with ease.

Pros

The ease with which one can navigate without prior knowledge of the mechanics of the program design.

Cons

I would like to be able to set the brand logo and color for the account overall as opposed to uploading the logo and changing the colors after creating a new data room. It would also be reassuring to have a pop up or way to confirm that you have entered an email address correctly before sending out an invitation.

Daniel

Data room review

Reviewed on 2022/03/15

very good

very good

Pros

I am familiar with the software and find it very easy to use from an admin and user standpoint

Cons

I wish the DR hierarchy could provide the option of both numerical and letters. I try to match buyer requests list and sometimes this is difficult because iDeals only have numbers

David
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Medical Practice Data Infrastructure

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

Group and individual level differential permissions. Ease of use.

Cons

There needs to be a way to track total amount of data/space used. Need to be able to load files through the remote/mobile app.

Yuliya
  • Industry: Investment Management

Great software for data rooms

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Pros

Tailored features for data room like various access controls, detailed view history, pretty fast software overall

Cons

can't edit files inside the software. when you download it to edit a file, the file's name includes folder number which when you upload again duplicates itself. as a result, I have to manually rename each file which was downloaded and uploaded again.

Mikhail
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Feedback from BTS LLP

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Pros

The system has convenient built-in tools for various processes.
The system is very easy to use.
Many excellent reports on the system's activities

Cons

No negative experience. The system works great.

Felix
  • Used for 1+ year

Good Price Value

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Pros

We use ideals for m&a transactions. A good product wird an excellent price value. Very good customer Service

Cons

We had issues by creating the dataroom Index and technical problems with the vdr usb stick

Ashley
  • Industry: Utilities

Convenient & User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

I find ideals virtual data room to be an extremely accessible, user-friendly and convenient resource for our team. Well worth the expense!

Pros

I find this an extremely useful tool for sharing resources with our team. It’s also very easy to access and keep materials organized.

Cons

I wish the preview of files was an accurate representation of what the file looks like rather than a stripped down preview. It causes some confusion, especially for new users.

Camille
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Really great product. Easy to use and well designed.

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

With iDeals, my client is able to share highly sensitive information with potential investors in a safe manner.

Pros

I chose the iDeals VDR because it is so customizable. You can choose the level of sharing for each item you upload and for each user you invite. Setting it up was very intuitive and easy. Uploads are lightening fast. I have never once been frustrated with this software. It is really easy and powerful and thoughtfully designed.

Cons

It is somewhat expensive, but my client did not mind.