Performance Culture Reviews

Roberta F.

Performance Culture On-line Performance Review App

Reviewed on 2016/01/22
Review Source

When introduced to the Performance Culture System (PCS), I was immediately impressed with the system’s ability to align key players with our company goals as well as the graphic nature of the evaluation results on the 2 x 2 grid.

This system has made a huge difference in our organization (we are an-in home care company with 300 employees) by creating a coaching culture via weekly meetings and quarterly performance reviews. Quarterly reviews are now two-way conversations between key players and their managers. In their 90-day performance reviews, key players have the opportunity to talk about what’s going well, what help they need in areas that are not going well and specific actions for the next 90 days. This quarterly process enables managers to be proactive and to make adjustments in resources, support as well as individual goals. Because this system is web-based, key players and managers can track progress over time and go back to review manager and employee feedback. In the past, annual reviews were viewed as necessary obligations by employees and managers and, once complete, thrown in a drawer, never to be looked at again.

PCS’s unique ability to align individual performance objectives (and for us, individual bonuses) with company goals is now very clear to everyone. Since we have used PCS for a full year, I can honestly say that a 25% increase in our annual revenue is directly tied to our implementation of this system. I highly recommend this process to any organization that strives to align their employees with their company goals.

Pros

On-line system allows team members and their managers to go back over time to review progress and feedback.
Team members can see where they fall on the 2 x 2 grid and, together with their manager, create a plan for improvement.
Team members rate themselves and managers rate the team member. The areas that differ create a great opportunity for dialogue and coaching.
Alignment of weekly key performance indicators with company goals and bonuses is the greatest advantage for us.
Great support from the PCS team in helping us set the system up and coaching us through the performance evaluation process.

Cons

Managers should know that going into this they must commit to the process. It can take some time to pull it all together- i.e., defining the company goals, vision, mission, core values and each team member's performance objectives. There are no short cuts to the process, but when done well, the payoffs are enormous. Everyone is on the same page!

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you so much for your review and for implementing the Performance Culture System!

Roberta F.

User-friendly, online performance evaluation system

Reviewed on 2016/01/20

Pros

Cons

Currently meets our performance review needs. The set up does require some time to set up as managers define performance objectives for employees that are aligned with company goals.

Cheryl M.

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

We are trying to engage everyone to have good behaviors at work to great an improved culture. The first review quarter feedback has been very interesting and helpful. I am excited for the next quarter.

Pros

The ability to measure performance AND BEHAVIOR engages all staff to participate.

Cons

I think there are some features that could be added to improve a manager's time efficiency in the system.
1. Allow user preferences for team lists (auto alphabetize, not by review number)
2. Be able to save/sign a review and send email link all in one step along with copying the review forward.
3. team email functionality to send out self assessment notification all at one time - not individual emails.
4. Ability to create next quarter review without locking the ability to add employee goals. quarters/meetings overlap. It would be nice to build future quarter reviews prior to review meeting so we can add new coaching notes.

Response from Performance Culture

HI Cheryl,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear the positive impact we are having.

The cons you list are great suggestions. We will discuss at our next team meeting.

We can make that happen as a default. You can sort by name now by clicking on table header.

2. Be able to save/sign a review, send email and copy the review forward.

We will look into this. It's a great suggestion.

You can set auto-reminders in company settings to notify employees automatically.

4. Ability to create next quarter review w/o locking the ability to add employee goals. quarters/meetings overlap. It would be nice to build future quarter reviews prior to review meeting so we can add new coaching notes.

We will f/u to better understand the need.

7.0/10
Sarah S.

PC is great for our teams morale

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Love it! There has been a great moral boost in our staff since using PC. There is more transparency and it's awesome to have a system to keep us all aligned and on the same path!

Pros

Great for keeping track of employee goals. This is a great tool for accountability and ensuring employees and managers keep in touch with each other regularly. Transparency!

Cons

I personally find it hard to navigate and find my way around. I.E sections are not listed in what I would think to be obvious places. Also, it would be great if when you hovered over a button it told you what it did! Sometimes there is a bit of trial and error figuring out what you need to do to complete or set up an action.
Also, even though I am an administrator, I can not upload files into emplyee profiles - only the account owner can do this which seems weird. I contacted support about this and they did not understand my question and were less than helpful.

Response from Performance Culture

Sarah, we thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you have still been unable to upload files to an employees profile. We would be more than happy to have a call with you to further address this. We have followed up with you on this via email and look forward to hearing back from you.
Lastly, it's great to hear there has been a great moral boost with your staff. Thank you for all you do and your partnership.

7.0/10
Jim B.

The Service so far has been tremendous

Reviewed on 2017/02/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We just started using the Performance Culture system in our accounting firm. We have 3 offices with 23 employees and are just implementing a new performance management program. Performance Culture Systems had all of the features we wanted with none of the extra's that we couldn't use, especially the extra price. We have had some excellent training from PCS and are now going full steam ahead with our program. I have already several employees who have remarked about how easy it is to access and use the system.

Pros

I love that it is focused on coaching as the main focus of performance management. This fits my personal philosophy as well as that of the firm. There is the opportunity for a lot of detail to go into the program. I'm very excited about the opportunity to schedule regular check-ins for each individual based on their needs. One key feature for us is the opportunity to use the system to get 360-degree feedback from each other as well as our clients.

Cons

I do wish I could personalize the emails that go out to employees more as well as being able to change the pdf's that are associated with personal files.

Bev M.

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

PC has allowed for greater continual awareness of performance, and set up a process for staying on track for coaching and improvement opportunities.

Pros

Fairly easy to implement and learn. Employees got the gist of what to do and how to use the information fairly quickly. A definite step up for a company who has only been doing evaluations by paper

Cons

Initially, I loved the Grid feature, but then have found that a "most recent evaluation" plotting on the Grid is most cumbersome to create and no way to save it. Therefore, the way the Grid is set up now, unless a company does their evaluations at the same time each year, a clear picture of the team cannot be seen. I understand the benefits of same time each year for all evaluations, but that isn't how many small businesses are set up. Also, a speed option for the the training videos would be good (or a transcript). I know there have been great improvements in the help area and appreciate that.

Response from Performance Culture

Bev, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear Performance Culture has allowed for a greater continual awareness of performance. We are always here to support you and ensure success with the application.

Anneliese D.

Turned our culture around for the better!

Reviewed on 2016/01/28
Review Source

This was the perfect way for our company to incorporate a culture of performance reviews and ongoing feedback. Most of our employees live remote so it can be difficult to coach and keep them engaged. The Performance Culture system was our answer as its cloud based platform and ease of use allowed our employees to access their account at any time. The vendor is always very responsive and receptive of enhancements. I would recommend it to any small to medium sized business who is looking to incorporate a better HR and coaching culture in their workplace.

Pros

Accessibility, Ease of Use, and Great Support. We saw significant improvements in our employees after implementing this system. It tracks History and creates a baseline not only with each employee but the company as a whole so you can see your progress.

Cons

There were some reporting capabilities that I would have liked to see but they assured me they are working on adding it in

Dale L.

We signed up to help with our performance reviews and with developing a performance-based culture.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/08

It gave us the ability to centralize our performance amangement.

Pros

It is full of features and options which help with the ability to tailor each portion of the program to our needs. I also like the ability to include our own training videos and documents in the library with the power to assign them to individuals on our teams. The ability to use preselected core values or create our own has also been a great benefit as well as being able to schedule performance reviews on varying intervals.

Cons

Not a "con" necessarily, but the sheer volume of options can be overwhelming if one doesn't take the time to go through the training modules on using the systems. However, the support team is amazing and can answer any question you have.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you for the review and the opportunity to work with Home Instead Senior Care!

Audrey R.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Performance Culture offers a simple, concise, and affordable platform for measuring KPIs, adherence to behavioral expectations, and cultural fit. The system encourages forward-thinking vs. history reports, which is a modern and unique approach to performance management. This tool has prompted great coaching conversations that have resulted in measurable improvement. There are many reporting tools available and supportive tips and training. The Performance Culture team checks in with us regularly to offer tips, guidance, and communicate new features.

Pros

The ability to clearly define and communicate behavioral expectations and requirements.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software. It's extremely user-friendly. It would be amazing if there were a mobile app because much of our workforce is comprised of field employees who don't generally work in an office.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you, Audrey. We appreciate your partnership and support.

Barbara ann D.

Performance Culture - Thank you!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

This platform is user friendly, facilitates on-going performance management and discussions with staff, and is easily edited. The software provides excellent tutorials and videos and the Performance Culture team is excellent!!!
The team at Performance Culture has been incredible helpful and responsive - and are genuinely nice people too, They are very interested in assisting in the success of my organization.

Cons

I need this software to include Goals in the overall scoring. Currently, Performance Objectives and Competencies are included. However, my company measures goal performance, too. Incorporating this would be ideal!

Response from Performance Culture

Barbara Ann, thank you for your feedback. We have enjoyed your partnership over the years. Thank you for all you do.

Sid M.

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Performance Culture has been an amazing tool that has helped us become more organized and consistent with the way we communicate and measure our employee's performance/goals.

Pros

The software has helped us create a common and accurate language for truly measuring performance objectives and core tenants, and the four block dashboard creates an excellent visual for tracking growth and areas for improvement from review to review.

Cons

Overall pleased, but would like to see enhancement in their dashboard reporting functionality.

Response from Performance Culture

Sid, thank you for your review of Performance Culture. We appreciate your partnership and support.

Cori B.

Focused *On* the Job, Not Just At *Doing* the Job

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Pros

It's a relatively easy way to help keep employees focused on how heir roles impact the functionality of the company as a whole. I think even when the meanest of tasks are performed, Performance Culture has imbued employees with a sense of how those little every-day tasks actually do matter. As a manager, I appreciate how I can structure check-ins and reviews to be appreciative-inquiry oriented, helping employees realize the things they doing really well and applying those approaches to even more areas of responsibility.

Cons

Because it isn't something I use every day, it's easy to forget where things are.

Response from Performance Culture

Cori, thank you for your review of Performance Culture. We appreciate your partnership and dedication to creating a great company culture.

Melissa H.

All of the support specialists within the company are easy to access and work with.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

It can do so much, and is very easy to use for anyone used to online platforms. The support team is wonderful at answering questions and being responsive to any need.

Cons

There really isn't anything. Maybe an app for mobile? Though I will say that PCS works really well on mobile browsers.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you so much for the review and the opportunity to serve!

Rick M.

Performance Culture was the capstone to transforming our company.

Reviewed on 2016/01/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use web-based product. Implementation and training was simple and efficient. Tool engages each employee in their work toward defined targets and behavioral goals in the context of company-defined values and reinforces them with frequent feedback. Transforms employee feedback from a periodic "report card" evaluation mentality to continuous, shared, self-monitoring with coaching and assessment from one's supervisor or team. Focus is on results and progress toward stated company goals and objectives.

Cons

The structure of the tool is not 100% intuitive, so allow a little time to get used to the logic, terminology and progression of recording information in the system. Once learned, it's very easy.

Scott K.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/17

A formal tool for aligning culture, expectations and performance of our EE's

Pros

I have a tool at my disposal to communicate with team members about firm wide expectations. I have the ability to document activities with individual team members and to capture that information on a real time basis. This is important because our memories are short and having things documented is helpful for those future discussions. I like the ability for both parties to participate by documenting things.

Cons

I'm not sure I understand how the ratings are calculated - is it just the manager rating or is it a combination of the EE and Manager ratings? Is there a way or place for a manager to document activities without the EE seeing those written items. These items are often reminders that I as the manager want to document to be able to discuss later with the employee.

I am confused about the order in which notifications are to be sent for starting a review and for ending a review. What does the manager need to do and what does the EE need to do?

Response from Performance Culture

Scott, thank you for your review. We will reach out to answer your questions. Thank you for your partnership!

Justin Q.

Awesome platform!

Reviewed on 2016/01/20
Review Source

Performance culture does an amazing job of helping you empower your team for growth and also manage the company's progress from an HR standpoint. This platform was build by experienced managers and advisors and it really shows in the end product. From establishing performance objectives around workplace behaviors and core values, to a 360 degree assessment of workplace satisfaction, this software is the best bang for buch.

Pros

Great product for fast growth company
Measures both employee and company performance
Evaluates workplace satisfaction
Helps underperforming employees understand what they need to do to become rockstars
Great pricing!

Cons

Nothing huge, this is a newer company so the product is constantly evolving. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Victoria N.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/01/26
Review Source

Performance Culture has been a game changer for our company. It allows us to hold everyone accountable at all times and allows each individual employee to hold themselves accountable as well. I love how you can log in at any time and make notes and revisit your goals for the quarter. It's a great system that allows you to know where you stand at all times in regards to achieving your goals.

Pros

Allows you to hold your employees accountable on an ongoing basis. Having quarterly reviews is game changer- no more yearly reviews. Performance Culture gives you the ability to log in at any time to revisit your goals and to keep you on track. It is easy to use and straightforward.

Cons

I cannot think of anything - we love the product!

Brittany G.

Great resource for Employee Management!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Pros

The entire system is created in a way that make sense! This system has allowed me to better manage my employees and their goals and provided the framework for facilitating the check in conversations and then annual reviews. My employees have enjoyed the format for their reviews as well as the grading scales. The customer service is fantastic! Always available to help and open to feedback on product updates or changes within the program.

Cons

I wish the training resources for learning the system were a little more user friendly, but that is offset by the amazing customer service you receive. I also wish the print was larger when printing out annual reviews.

Response from Performance Culture

Brittany, thank you for your kind words. Remember, you can also access our training resources via our Help Desk Center found in the bottom right hand corner. We are grateful to have you as a partner.

Carrie J.

Amazing customer service and great platform for employee performance management!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Easy performance management system from a company with similar values to our own. Straightforward way to put performance reviews together and store information.

Pros

My favorite piece of this software is the performance-values matrix; it gives our team a visual way to look at employee "fit" and open up conversations with individual employees about their performance and development. It's also a great system for organizing and storing employee records.

Cons

I wish there was a way to edit the performance review templates. With our quarterly review cycle, some of the questions can become repetitive, so we don't use them, but it would be nice to be able to remove them from the review when we don't use them during the review period.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you for the review and the opportunity to work with Mission Affiliated Partners! We are pleased to say we now offer a performance review template! This allows you to assign the review out to several individuals at once. The template is very flexible. The removal and creation of performance objectives and behaviors can be done easily.

Shelly S.

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Could not be happier with the accountability the system is creating within our culture. It's very custom and feels like something only the largest of companies could afford. So happy we've partnered with Performance Culture.

Pros

I continue to be amazed at how robust and intuitive the system is in all facets. You can tell it has been well thought out by those that have experience actually working with people in performance planning. They've thought of everything and at a price point any business can afford.

Cons

I've yet to find anything about the system that I don't like.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you for your review, Shelly. We appreciate your partnership and support.

Kim D.

Impactful Perfomance Management

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

We decided on a performance system as a strategic effort to become an organization of high performers with high supervisor accountability in that process. Performance culture perfectly aligns with our company operating system and coaching philosophy. In addition their team is very knowledgeable, extremely helpful and passionate about setting our company up for success!

Pros

Simple, customizable, abundance of resources, meaningful reporting (performance matrix)documentation system so nothing is missed

Cons

I'm new to the software (first 6 months) so I have not determined any at this time.

Response from Performance Culture

Kim, thank you for your review. We appreciate your partnership.

Mary B.

So far, so good

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

Chose this system for our Performance Management tool for my company of 150+ employees. The customer service is top notch and the software is customizable! So far, I've received great feedback from our users as well!

Cons

The sort feature is not always user friendly as each time I click into a record and then exit, my sorting has gone back to the original format. Not a deal breaker, but a bit of a hassle.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you for your feedback Mary. We will investigate the filter/sort feature further. The support from Morrell Group is greatly appreciated.

Glenna Y.

A tool that measures both skills and culture fit

Reviewed on 2016/01/24
Review Source

Performance culture is a fantastic tool for consistently measuring objectives and core values. Employees must first evaluate themselves before you evaluate them. The graphs provide a clear visual as to the progress being made from one quarter to the next.

Pros

Quarterly feedback provides my employees with a clear understanding of my expectations and the goals for the business

Cons

The product requires a true commitment by the employer to develop their employees.

Iman M.

My experience has been very pleasant. The performance culture team was helpful during every step.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

I was able to think through what I needed from my team to achieve our departmental goals and at the same time communicate it in a way that allowed an open dialogue with my team on ways to help them achieve their objectives. It took performance reviews from being static to a dynamic cycle of professional and personal development coaching.

Pros

I like that Performance Culture has thought through the entire cycle of performance management and the software accurately executes what needs to be done to perform and manage performance reviews.

Cons

I know the goals section is a new addition, but in the future, I would like to have the goals communicate with the performance reviews.

Response from Performance Culture

Hi Iman,

Thank you so much for giving us your review! We love helping people and organizations be their best.

We will integrate the goal management feature into check-ins and performance reviews within the next couple of months.

Carolyn C.

Our team loves it! Simple and easy to use but very effective for managing goals and assessments.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Automation and one place to hold all our feedback on assessments and goals.

Pros

Ease of use. Some of our users are not very tech savvy but there have been no issues. Love the check ins, library and learning videos.

Cons

Nothing so far! We have only been using the system for a short while and employees have embraced it. If there were issues, I would hear about them but all we've gotten is praise.

Response from Performance Culture

Thank you so much for the review and the opportunity to serve!