FullContact

Start improving customer experience with identity resolution

4 /5 (74 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Steve A.
  • Industry: Insurance

Fairly easy to integrate with no disruptions to service

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

No-frills firmographic data that has been a reliable source of data for our api enrichment product.

Cons

The developer interface is a bit dated. The look/feel of their recently acquired MatterMark site was much more modern and had a better ui.

Praveen R.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A best alternative to Rapportive but not better than LinkedIn Sales Navigator

Reviewed on 2018/10/07

Pros

I was using Rapportive lately before LinkedIn acquired it. Then it stopped working and I was looking for a free option like rapportive with out daily limits and found out FullContact. I could easily install the Chrome extension and integrated it to my work Gmail. After refreshing it for 2-3 times, it started to work just like Rapportive but the suggestions included around 5-6 social media profile links which cannot be seen anywhere else.

Cons

Full contact chrome extension needs the user to refresh the page frequently sometimes to get the extension working. The new Gmail update also caused lot of issues to the extension even after reinstalling it for several times.

Kevin F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Consolidate Your Contacts

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

Pros

Hands down the best way to keep your contact lists in sync across platforms: from email to social media to Desktop contacts to cellphone Address Books. It also auto updates profiles with data available across social media accounts.

Cons

The free version doesn’t have some of the core features that really make FullContact my go-to tool.

Great API for enriching customer profiles

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Enriched customer profiles with additional data.

Pros

The API is simple and it has the highest match rate among platforms that we've tested. Great customer support.

Cons

The accuracy is a bit lower than other platforms and it doesn't provide great match rates for some social platforms (e.g., outdated LinkedIn data and few Instagram matches). Price keeps going up as well

Maarten S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Multi-platform contact management

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

Great if you want to centralize all your contacts from all your different accounts (work & personal) on one location, regardless of platform.

Cons

Getting the contact files from LinkedIn and importing them back into FullContact on a weekly basis is the main reason why I quit using it.

Dan R.

Good product for extracting information per company

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Useful information about the company our client is working in.

Pros

Your system is stable, fast and easy to integrate with, and we get back useful information in most cases.

Cons

Poor handling of typos in company names.
We use customers free text to extract information about his company, but in many cases there are typos and/or additional text of the company (e.g. a sub division he works in). In those cases we usually get back nothing from your system.

Ahmed H.

We really have a great experience with how much straightforward is your APIs usage and doc.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

We're satisfied with the amount of info you have about people in your people API, since we use such info to analyze our leads.

Cons

We some times have to request your API multiple times to get the info on different params about a person

Christian h. L.

Syncing all my contacts

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I am using several google accounts for several companies. The Chrome extension is very useful to get all contacts in one single address book at the end of the day.

Pros

I use several google accounts, xing, linkedin and twitter. All contacts are synced. I really like the integration with gmail.

Cons

duplicates show up again even if I decided not to merge them before.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Avoid with Google Contacts

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Pros

The editable contact info that appears in the sidebar of Google Mail. The editable contact info that appears in the sidebar of Google Mail.

Cons

Automatically merging duplicates that I don't want merging. Changes in Google Contacts were not synced to FullContact, so were reverted when FullContact synced with Google Contacts. Thanks for wasting so much of my time fixing these things.

Erwin F.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 2016/06/22

Phillip R.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Best contact data manager

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

If all you need is a barebones contact data manager, this is THE best.

Pros

- Finds missing contact data online
- Extremely easy to use
- Simply the best barebones contact data manager

Cons

- No advanced functionality
- Literally ONLY manages barebones contact data, nothing else like a more full-featured CRM

Shuchi V.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Don’t fall for it!

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Cons

They do not communicate the various tiers properly. The basic free version on their website says 10 free card scans. They don’t specify if that’s for one time or for life. Also they term it as a basic plan not as a trial! So I started using it and suddenly it said That I had maxed out the scans but doesn’t say for how long. Then I contacted customer service and it turns out I maxed them out forever. So now the only way to use the app is to pay. Terrible communication. They say there is a ‘basic’ plan but that’s essentially a trial. If I had known I would never have used it.

Charles ("chip") D.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Data is pretty good. Had a couple of problems with allowance being taken down to zero.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Time savings

Pros

I like access to this type of data. It is a good core on which FC can add more enrichment. If you are open to added data types...please let me know.

Cons

FC would be well served to build "components" from which a business person can call API. This non-IT person could inherit from FC components and get out of the JSON/API world. You customer is guys like me more than IT.

Nicola S.

Good App

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Very useful app, rich of connections, and integration for example with marketing automation software. Need to be improved for example in desktop app. It has a lot of functions: desktop app, web service, mobile app...

Pros

Great app to filter, tag and import your contact.

Cons

Desktop app is not so cool.....

Mikel G.

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

Strappler N.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

John R.

Pretty Slick Tool

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

$10 per month is a lot... BUT it's seamless and really does work. The card reader function and iphone/iCloud sync is really helpful as is the multiple gmail accounts.

Pros

Seamless - set it and forget it

Cons

glitches now and then with Google or PieSync

Ricardo M.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

Ashley n. B.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Great for updating contact databases.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

It imports data found on the internet (such as social media profile URLs, web addresses, etc.) to your contact database. It also uses humans to import data from your business cards using a snapshot (and does so accurately).

Pros

This is my new favorite app for organizing contacts and segmenting email lists. It is also the only app I have used that will transcribe business cards with 100% accuracy (they use humans to enter info from pictures of cards rather than software, like most other apps). The "merge contact" feature is great and allows you to review the contacts being merged before doing so automatically. It also integrates with Google accounts, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Yahoo. Another great feature is the ability to export data in a file, which you can then upload to your regular CRM software or to Constant Contact.

Cons

One downside is that it could allow for more business cards uploads per month -- 50 is not enough. It should also automatically sync business accounts when individual accounts are updates. Additionally, more tips and resources on how to develop a good contact list would be nice. I also have to say that customer service is a bit slow.

Jason D.

FullContact enhances my own service offering

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

General simplicity; Ease of implementation; Rich data returned; Incredibly cool and interactive developer portal; Has multiple offering levels;

Cons

What everybody wants: for it to be cheaper ;) ; Before purchasing, understanding their different products was a bit arduous - i.e. enrich API vs contacts API.

Naomi T.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I manage my contacts better!

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

Enable me organize my business and personal contacts, with the possibility of segmenting my email lists to run email campaigns.
It integrates well with my LinkedIn, Twitter, Google and Yahoo accounts.

Cons

There is a minute to the number of business cards I can upload per month. Card transcription is sometime riddled with mistakes.

Liz Y.

We replaced our Outlook contact database with FullContact and it has made mail outs so much...

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

In Outlook, despite having a contact list that is accessible to everyone in the office, the categories are not global. For example, if I want to categorize a contact as "Christmas Card", I can do that, but someone else (having to create the categories from scratch on their workstation) may categorize another contact "Xmas Card". When we pull a list of all Christmas Card contacts, we will have to sort through a variety of different categories. This is painful. FullContact has global tags that allow us to keep all the categories uniform. Exporting lists for mail outs is extremely simple and we have written macros to manipulate this information - what used to take us hours takes us minutes.

Another reason I LOVE FullContact is that the address fields are separate. Many contact systems just have one box to enter the complete address, which makes it hard to ensure addresses are being added in the same format and makes mail merges a nightmare with lots of manual fixing.

Cons

There is no way to import contacts with separate tags. Anything in the "categories" column in your import excel spreadsheet will be created as a single tag (for example: John Smith; Christmas Card; Halloween Party), which makes it quite tedious to go through and properly tag all of the new contacts, especially if you are moving an existing database from Outlook or another program.

Good software to get to know our customers a little bit better

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

FullContact it is an amazing software to keep our system updated regarding our customers social media information. It is also useful to grab a picture automatically when creating a new user in our application them they may decide to keep the grabbed image or not.

Cons

They have upgraded recently their API's and they have removed some functionalities that we have been using before. Just like a batch call to get the users information. I think that should have been better managed.

Christina S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Fantastic for managing contacts

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pro tip: great way to organize people you meet at conferences! Just add their info and you can pull in the rest of their information on the Internet.

Pros

I haven't used the full version, just the free software, but it's fantastic for managing all of your contacts. You can import from different email accounts and social networks, and you can have up to 1,000 contacts free.

Cons

Even the free version is great, but most of my annoyances could be fixed by paying for the full version. The only other thing that would be good would be a way to store the photo of the business card within the contact itself.

avoid at all costs

Reviewed on 2016/10/31

We used FullContact to create a contact list of prospective clients. These details were entered manually over the course of a few weeks, and many hours. When I needed access to our Full Contact list from my personal laptop, I logged into our account and it automatically synced my personal Google & iCloud contacts as well as personal bank details from my laptop without permission. This diluted our business list and gave my employees access to personal and sensitive information. Thinking there must be a way to un-sync the lists, we contacted FullContact and they offered useless advice - and did not have ability correct their error. We have had to delete the list and we will never use FullContact again.

Pros

There are no pros. This is a total waste of time and is dangerous to your database.

Cons

FullContact should not sync anything without permission. Synced accounts should be able to be deleted completely as needed, and contacts should be flagged by synced account. Clients should have control over their contact list, which FullContact currently does not allow.