Textedly

Mass mobile cell phone text messaging services for SMBs

Johnny C.

Tried the rest, Textedly is the best

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

It solved a major problem within our organization. We now have internal communication.

Pros

Full functionality! Works extremely well for mass text marketing and communication.

Cons

It works well in every facet. No complaints.

Natasha ewing J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Poor support model

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Pros

You get alot of text messages in each bundle. It is a cost effective solution for a small organization like ours.

Cons

Horrible customer service. Not only did we have a problem with double billing. It is virtually impossible to cancel the service. You can never talk to anyone you are limited to the chat or email only for support. There have been instances when none of my text messages reached my subscribers for unknown reasons or there were significant delays in scheduled texts. My new service is far superior and even offers an app. While it cost a little more. The trade-off is excellent customer support.

Jared L.

Textedly is at the top for SMS marketing for multiple reasons.

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Very happy with the web-based UI. It's just so easy and satisfying to use.

One of the surprising things is that Textedly is for everybody. There are so many applications you can use it for besides marketing your business. For example, if your hosting an event and you want an easy way to keep people up to date with event details/happenings then use Textedly - you will love it.

Pros

I didn't feel overwhelmed being completely new to SMS-based marketing. The web-based UI is easy to use and the pricing iss low-cost compared to my own competitor research. You will notice that most people gravitate towards Textedly because they offer the same and more features than similar marketing apps.

Cons

I really wish that they had a iOS app available for iPhone and iPad users. I can asssume this is something to be available soon though.

Christina J.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

a must have for multi-facility organizations

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

relaying operational changes and situational awareness in emergencies
primary communication vehicle for early closures, relaying pertinent info on road closures to transport and field staff. All of these functions are easily accomplished in 2 minutes or less. This is a vital tool in our safety and emergency preparedness and management toolbox. Look forward to utilizing additional functions offered, but not yet explored in the software. We have 10 sites in 2 states and this tool allows the customization for each site.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting functions, useful for normal operations as well as emergency operational change information stream notification, ability to craft and store common communication templates, easy navigation using the dashboard even for first time users.

Cons

doesn't make coffee but I guess I can live with that

Regina D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The functionality of Textedly makes it one of the best programs on the market. Textedly is #1!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

With Textedly, I'm able to login, setup a text message distribution literally within five minutes. It's amazing how easy Textedly is to learn and executive. Great product!

Pros

Besides the fact that Textedly is an awesome tool, the one thing that I like most about Textedly is that I get to keep my unused text messages. Some months we're heavy users than the next month may not be as busy. The rollover text messages helps our organization in times when we are using more messages. I absolutely love the idea of sending photos and URL's with the text message. Sometimes the photo will grab a person's attention before the actual text. Overall, Textedly is an awesome product for the price. It may not be as fancy as some its competitors but Textedly gets RESULTS! And, that's what matters to use the most.

Cons

I would like to have more KEYWORDS. Perhaps, Textedly could offer a subscription for KEYWORDS. For example, purchase 10 keywords for X number of dollars. Although the option to purchase keywords is already available, I think having a option with a subscription fee would be an improvement.

Becky G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Stop looking ANY WHERE else! This is it!

Reviewed on 2019/06/02

I can honestly say that I did a TON of research before signing up with Textedly. Textedly again, and again, and again got a ton or great reviews. After signing up for Textedly I have found that all the great reviews I have read before me are true! They are easy to use. The interface is SUPER easy to navigate. I did have to contact customer service once about a question. They were so kind, and easy to work with. The price is spot on AND conversion rate is insanely good! My unsubscribe rate is ONLY %1.8 ! If you are thinking about signing up for texted messaging service look no further! Textedly is it!

Pros

What I LOVE best about textedly is how easy it is to use. It is effortless !

Cons

I can honestly say that I have found very little that I dis-like about textedly. However, if there was one thing I would say I would like to be able to have a few more keywords included instead of having to buy more after 2.

Salvador T.

Number One!

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

Textedly is a relatively new company. They opened there texting platform to the public in 2015. We were there first paying customer. We will never go to any other vendor. Textedly gets it right! Since there platform is so new, it is super-fast, agile, beautifully designed, and works on any device desktop, tablet, even a mobile phone. As soon as we log-in to our account at Textedly.com, we can immediately see a snapshot of our subscribers, text messages sent and delivered, as well as a live activity feed of who just signed up. We can also see our text messages if we have them scheduled to go out in a future date. We currently have over 3,000 subscribers that have opted-in, and we send our marketing text messages to, mostly coupons and discounts. We have never had a problem with Textedly. They usually send those entire text messages out and everyone gets them in less than two minutes. I can review the reports after sending out our text message campaigns. And with their easy to remember Short Code of 33222, it makes it simple for us to gain new subscribers, people opt-in by texting my Keyword to that short code. Highly recommend. On one day, we sent out a text blast message, and it increased our sales on that single day by $2,000. Great company, great service.

Tina L.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Love this software! Very easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Saving time on calling clients for their spa appointments. I just set up a reminder text to be sent when they schedule their appt and never have to worry about it again.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how I can schedule texts to be sent at a later date. I regularly use this for sending reminder appointment texts in my spa, so I really love this feature. I also love the notifications feature when customers reply back to my texts. I have it set up to email as well as pop up notifications.

Cons

The only thing that I have found is that I would like to see the subscribers in alphabetical order. However, they are in order when you create a new message and add a subscriber. It also may be user error on my part as to why I'm not seeing it like that.

Barnet J.
  • Industry: Automotive

Used Trial to get a feel and had access to support staff to assist me in understanding how...

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

real time results, ease of use, great online and live support

Pros

Ease of use, information that is available to show your results in real time. I appreciate the value that the platform provides with multiple keywords.

Cons

I have had "zero" problems with this program and cannot say anything negative about the platform. OK, maybe the response time to the online chat could be faster.

Diana H.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Using this Text Platform for Reaching out to Research Study Participants and it is Excellent!!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Great! I would not change it for any other option.

Pros

It is VERY intuitive, easy to use, you can import/export your lists and it makes it easy to text specific groups of people or cohorts as we like to call them.

I like having specific "Keywords" that people can subscribe to. You can reply to specific individuals, and the dashboard gives you a breakdown of your messaging activity, which is great for tracking your work. You can also schedule messages to be sent at a later time, which is time-saving when I have to juggle multiple tasks at the same time.

Cons

I haven't found anything I didn't like, so far this platform has been perfect for meeting the needs of our project.

Amin A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Like Mailchimp, but for Text

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We are a subscription based e-commerce company and we use Textedly to connect with users when their credit card has expired such that they can update their payment method.

Pros

Cost! Of the various texting platforms, we found Textedly to be among the most economical.

Additionally, I like that customers can join our text message lists by sending us a text message. This comes in very useful when we are delivering s presentation or are at a convention.

Cons

When you sign up, you’re assigned a phone number like “555-222”. I wish that the number was a normal number, like 612-555-5555, because customer tune out the corporate looking number.

Secondly, it is very difficult to text customers individually. Rather, the platform is built for “mass” texts that go to an entire list of people.

Finally, there is no ability to add in unique elements into the text. For example, in email marketing you can add tags to include an individual’s name into the body of an email. That type of customization doesn’t exist via Textedly.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Text marketing tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Textedly has helped me to reach more people faster.

Pros

Textedly is a useful marketing tool that is easy to use and it has nice interface. It allows companies to contact their potential buyers by text with promotions and other offers.

Cons

At the moment I´m using the 14 days trial. I haven´t found any problem up to today, but I will update if that ever changes.

Sarah G.

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

We were able to quickly and easily able to communicate with our staff and parents of the kids camp we run for the month of June. We often need to share timely news about delays and things to remember and this program was a perfect fit for us.

Pros

I loved the clean and simple design of the website. I found it to be very intuitive and easy to operate.

Cons

I wish there was an app for it. We also encountered a 24 hour period of not being able to use TAGS which is how we are set up to communicate with our groups. However, your team gave us 500 extra texts which made it a little easier to swallow.

Shanicka H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

More than enough...

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

Pros

I most like that this software is both easily accessible from my computer, as well as my iPhone. I'm a MOM of two small children (2 years old, and 5 months old) so I'm not often able to be sitting in front of my computer working. This software allows me to create and send my texts from my phone with ease.

Cons

There was really nothing that I don't like about the software. It encompasses everything I need to accomplish my ongoing goal of reaching, and connecting to, others via text message.

Emily E.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Perfect fine no-frills texting service:

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

IN general, my company decided it wasn't worth the cost for us after the free trial. We were looking for options to notify show-goers for live music shows if their show is cancelled / postponed / delayed / moved / etc, and wanted to be able to sent notices directly to customers. This would work for that, but the monthly cost doesn't make sense for our intended usage.

Pros

This product is fast & easy to use, company has it set up so you can send out custom messages, or self-created auto messages. Very reliable, no-frill service!

Cons

Not many options in the "filter" section. Took quite some time to figure out how to use it, and there are not many articles out there explaining how to work certain features.

Souraya R.

Great Product/Service at a Great Price

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Our PTA was looking for an effective way to communicate with our members. We were able to reach many more people through Textedly! Everyone does almost everything from their phone. Textedly allows our users to save events to their calendars, click on links, send emails and much more! We love the ability to schedule outgoing messages in advance and even send images! And the price is unbeatable!

Pros

Textedly is GREAT! The dashboard is very clear easy to use and navigate.

Cons

My only wish is that there was an app to use on the go.

Joel K.

Great Company, Great Price, Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

Textedly software has been a great asset for our company. What I love most about it is how easy it is to use and you really can't beat the price! The customer service has been top notch and very quick to respond with any questions I have had. I would highly recommend to any company looking for an effective way to grow and build customer relations.

Pros

It is very easy to use for anyone whether they are tech "savvy" or not. The price is very fair and I like that there are different options for plans to fit anyone's needs or budget.

Cons

I wish there was a way to auto merge names when mass texting to make mass texts more personal. I also wish there were ways to create groups without having to have additional keywords.

Josh W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The system was very easy to learn, launch, and quickly integrate into my coaching practice.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Added support to clients, more value delivered to clients, minimal time and effort on my part.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and allows me to better support my clients, in real time, in a customized and personal way, with the timing savings and leverage automation brings. Plus the cost is excellent.

Cons

The fact that I can't directly respond to a text a client sends to my Textedly # without logging into the messaging system.

Bret B.

Great Value, Service, and it works!

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Time saving

Pros

Simple interface. Clear display of primary data. Return of incoming text messages allows query of end users for voting, and/or data collection.
I'm using the service to target multiple groups of current members in our American Legion Post. In the post, we have Regular, Auxiliary, Riders and Sons that are involved in unique/different aspects of service to the community. Additionally we have a large group of regular Bingo attendees. Outreach to these members let's keeps them informed of updates in a simple to manage method.

Cons

Restrictive filtering needs work to allow finer detail of targeted subscribers. System allows filtering for simple text only, no 'or', 'and' or 'not' statements.

Looked all over for a product like this that was affordable.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

And I found it. Textedly is a super useful software that is affordable to businesses of any size. I really love that we can have complete control of our text software. It's pretty incredible.

Cons

Honestly, I have little to say that is negative. They seem to have thought about everything. Not sure how new they are, but they have really hit the ground running.

Sara D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

I Love Textedly!!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

It’s been such an effective and efficient way to communicate with my network and customers — with “touch of a button!”

Pros

Textedly is amazing! I love using it to let my network know when I’m about to do a Facebook live or when I’m offering a special promotion or event! It’s SOOO user friendly and the customer service is amazing. I love the link shortener feature and the fact that I can send pics too!!! It’s worth every penny!

Cons

The only con (if there even is one) is that I can only do it from my computer. I would love to be able to access and send messages from my an app on phone too! So perhaps that’s something they’ll implement down the road!

Functional texting system, pretty easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

It works. Easy to understand. Set up is easy. I can use it for scheduling daily texts. Reasonable price per month.

Cons

I'd like the software to work better for pre-scheduling daily texts. Uploading a file with data for each slot would be great. I don't like having to reset the date/time as I load 30 texts at a time.

Christopher O.

Exactly what I need for the price and capability.

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Value for the money, ease of navigation, reporting capabilities, and ability to apply to my business needs.

Pros

Ease of use, dashboard, navigation, cost. These are the key elements that work for me. The value is great for the money. Flexibility in the capability for my small business is great.

Craig H.

Easy to use. We use it for employee notifications.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Being able to group individuals and speed of the communication. Tech support is very responsive and can usually get the situation resolved by chat.

Cons

Unused texts don't carry over and there isn't an app-based interface. Would like the ability to delete users

Stephani S.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Textedly has provided an easy way to get important information to Customers and business Teams.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

An effective way to communicate with Customers and Teams.

Pros

After trying several similar programs, Textedly stood out in Customer service, value and ease of use.
The system is clean, easy to use and organized in an intuitive fashion. It is very user friendly.
The Customer Service is responsive, helpful and accommodating.
The Plans are set to meet the needs of users of all levels.
Good product, good service, good value.

Cons

The only thing I would like is an app but they've focused on a good product at a good price and back it with good service so I've learned to adapt to not having an app for it.