ConnectWise Control Reviews

ConnectWise Control

Remote Support, Remote Meeting & Remote Access Software

4.7/5 (1279 reviews)

This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

Pros

I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it.
Ability to reboot computer and stay connected.
Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer.
The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups.
Ability to rename computers.
See how long computers have been off-line
The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface.
Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use)
The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

Cons

I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents" folder. The users get mad at me for digging through their "Docuemtns" folder to try and find "my folder" where the tools download too. It is hard to get to the folder. It is impossible to set exclusions on the virus shield because the folder name changes as it in the users profile. If they have bad internet or I leave a scanning tool running a long time, lose connection, the folder is removed and so are the tools. I have to start all over. This software SUCKS NOW! They completely changed it. The worst part is... they did not have too. They could have easily let it continue to work the way it was and given us some toggles and variables to control its behavior. Bad programming really. They say this app was written by techs for techs.. I think that may have been true once. Not any longer.

Lack of hotkeys... To move between screens and clear the screen drawing.
Inability to set the color of the screen drawing.
No button to set "Auto" sizing on the resolution.
"Acquire Lock" feature never seems to work.
I would list more but I am out of space.

0.0/10

Fantastic product - always improving

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

Fantastic. Overall it's features, pricing and security is unbeatable in the industry.

Pros

We've hosted our on Control server and it is super easy to install and maintain.
Using the software to provide remote support has never failed because they provide multiple methods for creating connections for all operating systems.
The web interface provides basic information about the connected computer but you can download and install plugins to gather information about processes, services, events and software.
The screen snapshot is large enough to see if the computer is in use and small enough so you can't read what's on the screen.
Through the web interface you can customize a number of things like icons, labels and branding.
Through the server config files you can customize a number of other settings.
You can create temporary sessions just for one-time remote support or install the program for on-demand remote access.
On-demand remote access can be organized in session groups for easier management and security
Users can be created and assigned to specific session groups.
Access and commands can be audited.
While a session is connected a time line is kept to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.

Cons

The price to purchase screen connect was reasonable for a small business. When it was purchased by Connectwise the price to purchase it out right was quadruple the original price. If you have 100 plus machines to support then divided across the 100 machines is still cheaper than a comparable product. But if you only use it for temporary sessions it is hard to justify. However, Control is bundled with Connectwise Automate so you get Control for nearly nothing when subscribing to Automate.

Customer focussed support

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

I have used most remote support platforms over the years, and overall I find ConnectWise Control to be a solid performer, with backup support that is timely, friendly and professional. There are numerous other features which I have not mentioned here. My advise - give it a try!!

Pros

ConnectWise Control is a fully featured remote support platform that does exactly what it says it will do "Remote Support That Just Works". Being cloud based, it allows support sessions to be started from anywhere that an internet connection exists.

I predominantly use Apple platforms, and I find the desktop and mobile applications work seamlessly when supporting Windows clients.

I particularly like the Support and Access features, the former being most suited to temporary support sessions, and the latter for effortless connection to clients on an ongoing as required basis. Access also allows client machine connections to be saved with Machine or user defined Specific value for machine name and additionally Organisation name, which simplifies the process of selecting the machine with the ability to save . A nifty feature built into Support allows for push installation of the Access agent, in the background, where ongoing support is deemed necessary. A handy Build Installer provides all possible machine connection build options.

Visual indicators show when Host and Client machines are connected to ConnectWise Control, which takes the guesswork out of knowing when your clients are online and have connected successfully.

Help and support features built right into the portal save time.

Another nifty feature is a visual record of clients running older versions of the support agent, complete with the ability to push the updated client out to affected machines.

Cons

A software agent needs to be installed on machines before support sessions can be established, and while the process is straight-forward, the need for users to click on the installer after it has downloaded is missed by some users.

I also find that when switching between my local desktop and the remote desktop, at times the remote machine responses are not as expected. I simply press the command key (Mac) while highlighting the remote machine and this usually overcomes the issue, or disconnect and reconnect the session.

Easy, Fast, Reliable, Robust - Not much more I could ask for.

Reviewed on 11/26/2018

Overall, we're very happy with the purchase and performance and would recommend the product to anyone. It's fast, reliable, easy to use, competitively priced and their support has been great to work with the few times we've reached out.

Pros

I love how quickly I can navigate my inventory, how quickly machines show up once the agent is installed, how quickly a connection is established, and how robust the suite of tools are that I have to interact with the endpoint. File transfers are simple and intuitive (no digging around wondering where the file landed), and the connection doesn't take up a ton of bandwidth so even users in areas with poor internet can still get the help they need.

It's also extremely fast and easy to update the agent on the endpoints.

Cons

I can't RDP connect, only VNC. Sometimes it would be very helpful to connect to the machine without unlocking the screen to the end user. This seems like a basic feature that is standard on many other remote support tools but isn't built into Screen Connect. This is probably the most important feature request I have made.

I wish there was an option to make the chat more "attention-getting" as most users simply don't notice when I start chatting with them if they're not expecting it. I have to call the user to begin their support.

I haven't seen a remote lock (make the HDD inaccessible) or kill feature (wipe the drive after its been stolen and is unrecoverable). This would be a huge help as well.

There have been bugs with "Cloud Administrator" printers getting installed on endpoints that stay there after the connection closes. It's a bug from a previous build that hasn't fully been fixed yet.

Some of the vernacular isn't easily understood (for example, "End" removes the endpoint from the console instead of just ending a session that might be stuck open). If you read through the explanation that's included with each option, it becomes clear but it seems like a poor word choice.

Sometimes the connection gets finicky and takes a minute to reconnect if the user logs out of their windows profile. Thankfully the connection is maintained, but its a bit clunky.

Geat product very reliable and good value

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

I think the previous box covered it as best as I can. you spend a lot on advertising your new and other products but it is impossible to buy them when the sales people ignore you even when your a current customer. I have had so many little issues that should have never happened and not been treated very well and fixing them only caused more problems that cost me and caused major problems for my company and our ability to support our customers. While I like the product I am very disappointed with the back office staff and how issues are handled and customers are ignored even whey they are begging for help. I left another vendor to come here when I had an amazing sales rep held me and get my onboarding taken care of and help me in every step of they way learn the basic of the product. She even tried 2 times to get me in touch with other departments for MSP products I needed with no luck before she left the company. I Am about to sign up with PCmatic later this week as I need a MSP product and wish it could have been with Connnectwise . I am not sure if I will stay wit the product I had one heck of a ride in my year and a half or so and issues that should have never happened and when they did should have never been handled the way they did that crippled my company. I apologize if my review may upset anyone but you did ask for it I am taking the time to be honest and tell you my true experience It is important to know the truth on how the customer feels. I hope it helps you.

Pros

Very reliable, The ability to preview desktops is a huge plus and adding 3rd party plug ins is wonderful.

Cons

Wish it had a roll out tool for installing on multiple computers. The platform does go down from time to time and you can self fix it by moving your system to a different location yourself. There are issues with the license counter and many times it says I am out of licenses and we are unable to use the product when we still have license available not being used. Two support requests tickets have been sent and they never respond. Support is a hit and miss. Email support and they will not reply or respond so it is useless , Chat support is hit or miss depending on who you get but if you get the right person it is great. Sales is very disappointing I have been using the product for over a year and so many times I tried to contact sales by email and phone about buying other products the sales reps will never call you back or respond so I gave up and went with another vendor. The sales rep I was working with that was amazing when I started with the Connectwise no longer works there so I am just left floating out here. When I had issues with my license it was a nightmare and ended up costing me a bunch of money to fix I have to repay for my subscription I was already paid for. I gave up trying to resolve the issue paying for something that I already paid because my company was down I needed the product working so we can support our customers. I still have a balance on my account due that I do not owe from that nightmare. Its a good product but there are serious back office issues.

7.0/10

IT Manager Review of ConnectWise Control

Reviewed on 10/18/2018

One of the unexpected benefits of having ConnectWise Control is the ability for Managers and Office Managers to be given a subset of privileges to use the software for assisting employees remotely. There are many times they have new employees that need a little help getting familiarized with proprietary software we use in the Ag. sector. ConnectWise Control gives the new employee assurance they're not isolated on an island and the managers are not frustrated at having to drop what they're doing to drive over to a remote site to provide assistance with something that can easily be handled remotely with Control. (<--shiver, see how creepy that sounds...)

This use case scenario is reason to consider a few extra licenses so your not fighting over them. We have two currently, but are considering upgrading since there are times that I can't admin since the managers are using the licenses. (Aarrghh)

Pros

This software is one of the most important tools I have in my toolbelt for quickly resolving issues. We have a few remote VPN sites and when an endpoint is having issues, it's so much more efficient to see the issue rather than have to decipher another persons interpretation of the issue.

Our sites are not very far apart - about 45 minutes from main office, but when we have an issue that hinders or stops our ability to server our customers that drive feels much longer. To reiterate, resolving issues quickly and efficiently is what I like most about ConnectWise Control. Downtime is costly.

Cons

Probably my least favorite thing is getting the session filters tweaked just right. Once you get the hang of the syntax it's really not bad, but there is a learning curve. Having your endpoints arranged into session groups is well worth the effort.

Oh, and the name needs to be shorter. It doesn't have to be ScreenConnect, but it needs to be that easy to say. Saying Control by itself sounds creepy, like Big Brother creepy. As an Admin I never say "I'm going to use Control to help you with that issue."

Went from good to AWESOME when we ditched our old remote software for ScreenConnect!

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Inexpensive, full featured remote desktop software that is super easy to administrate and use. IT professionals would be hard pressed to find something this good for this price. And companies that need remote access for their employees need look no further.

Pros

We moved from a company that charged 25% for a lot less of what we need. While the old login software was limited to 10 computer for more than we currently pay, we can now remote into 100 computers with unlimited logins. We only needed 25 remote computers but since it is so cheap for the 100 computers we went with that and have started offering this service to our clients so that we can log in to their computers and get the financial data directly from their computers rather than having to have them do it for us (which can take both their time and ours and can be frustrating waiting for the data we need fast).

It is MUCH easier to install the software to set up a new computer as all you have to do is name a new computer and download the installer and click on the executable file on the computer you want access to and you are done. 5 minutes to install have up and running. Then you simply have a web portal to access of your computers and you are just two clicks away from the computers you need to access from anywhere in the world.

Cons

There are times when I wish there was a downloadable application to install on computers you will be using frequently to access your remote sessions. But the web login is fine and keeps you logged in for quite some time so having a program installed on your computer is not as much of a necessity. I also don't like that it has an always on preview of the desktop from your web portal. I like that you can see if someone is active on the remote computer you are wanting access to but I think there are some privacy issues that if our clients knew we could "peek" at their desktop without logging in, they might not be so ready to give us access to them.

Response from ConnectWise

Hi Peter, thank you for your helpful feedback on ConnectWise Control! We value your partnership with us and are delighted to hear how well Control works for you and your company. A couple things I wanted to mention for you to know: we value your feedback on having the ability to launch Control on your desktop, and we are actually working on having that functionality for Control partners in the near future! I also wanted to mention that you actually have the ability to turn off the preview mode! Here's the documentation with further detail: https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Control_Documentation/Get_started/Knowledge_base/Restrict_or_remove_the_screenshot_preview

The Unfortunate Software Cycle Victim

Reviewed on 10/30/2018

Overall, Connectwise Control has been and is a great software and has allowed me to remotely support clients with a smooth connection and not overly complicated connection process. Unfortunately, I believe being owned by Connectwise was and is the biggest weakness and downfall of the Control (formerly Screenconnect) software. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very usefull and functional software, however, it is very clear that the software lack development because the interface is not the intended interface that Connectwise would like you to use, they want everyone to use Manage, which I completely dislike. I am running the Stand alone version I do not beleive they offer anymore, I am thankfully grandfathered in which isthe best legacy benefit of Screenconnect. I cannot say I have found a better option, however, the software as sold now is all in the cloud and I do not think the benefits are the same as my experience.

Pros

I love the performance and quality of software customization allowed. I am able to tweak the software to wording, colors, and images allowing me to make the software more of my own. I like that there are multiple ways to connect to client computers from password, link, and unattended access to name a few options.

Cons

They were formerly ScreenConnect until they were bought out by Connectwise who after my most recent experience are a virus to software. Most of the contribution since the buyout is purely visual and makes it work better with other Connectwise software, effectively crippling any chance Control had of integrating with any other software or advancing features such as the chat window and info windows because they expect you to integrate with other Connectwise software.

5.0/10

ConnectWise Control, Easy To Use Remote Control and Support Tool

Reviewed on 10/15/2018

Overall we are very happy with the way Control works and the value it provides to our business. It is one of our must have and our go to support tool.

Pros

Connectwise Control is one of the easiest and fastest remote support tools I have used. It allows us as a team to provide on demand remote support to end users without having to have a agent installed on their computer. Works great for connecting to personal laptops and workstations. The agent is easy to install and the web interface is easy to navigate for end users. The options for sending a remote support agent to an end user include a link, an email, or a direct download package which is very helpful for getting end user's online.

The client itself is the fastest remote support tool I have used. Once the agent is installed, either a persistent agent, or for on demand support, connection time is usually less than a second. The client provides great options for display scaling, color depth, clipboard support, and a really useful file transfer tool and toolbox. We store our most used support applications in the toolbox that provides our technicians instant access to their most used tools.

Cons

The only part of the software we currently sometimes have issues with and like the least is the way that Control uses the display driver. This sometimes results in slow connections into servers with Matrox graphics cards and doesn't allow us to adjust the resolution of servers that are running without a monitor.

Best remote control software out there, period!

Reviewed on 10/19/2018

We used Log Me In Rescue for years, paying $500+ a month. We've used TeamViewer, gotomeeting, join.me and Splashtop. We switched to ScreenConnect over 5 years ago and never looked back. The licensing model allowed us to pay once for a number of concurrent connections without having to worry about the number of techs we have. With this licensing model we can pay for upgrades every few years and still save many times over from what we used to pay for Log Me In Rescue. We run the server on our own hardware, having complete control over who has access to it and from where. When ConnectWise took over the product and renamed it to Control we had no issues. They've continued developing it rapidly.

Pros

You can buy a license forever. Easy to install/update the server component. Easy to train new users. Easy to deploy to customers. Has every feature we'd ever want: recording sessions, copy/paste into remote window, unattended access, flexible security settings for different levels of employees, works through UAC prompts (unlike gotomeeting), transfer files/directories to/from remote machine, toolbox to run common executables with one click. Has an API to build additions (we've never had to but it's nice to know we can.)

Cons

We were nervous when ConnectWise bought this company (previously ScreenConnect) because they were known for "rent only" products but for now they've kept the option to buy licenses to own. The possibility that one day they could change the licensing model to rent only is the only thing I dislike about using the software.

The ultimate assistance tool

Reviewed on 10/13/2018

We have instant access to every supported remote machine, both internal and with customers, and it allows us to chat to a customer on the phone, then assist them seamlessly.
I'd recommend the cloud version over self-hosted. It works out to be very cost-effective, and is very fast.

Pros

The ability to drag-drop files directly to or from a session to your local machine make it extremely quick and easy to use, and was a key purchasing feature.

The cloud based option is extremely fast, with geo-location options for the nearest cloud location.

Unlike other similar solutions (which we used to own) you don't get ripped off with upgrade costs every time a new version comes out (which we did).

The huge amount of customisation is of great benefit as it allows us to brand the product to prevent customers feeling uncomfortable that it's a third-party product that may compromise their security.

The system also allows remote management of Android devices, which we use to work on tablets at some customers.

Cons

A peer-peer option would be nice for performance to local machines, but that's a minor thing.

The Android remote client can have issues synchronising the mouse pointer to the screen, but at least we can walk users through working on the device in real-time.

Other than that we haven't experienced any issues or found anything that makes us consider any other option.

The best Remote Control Tool on the market

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

I have been using this produce for many, many years, originally as ScreenConnect. It has been a valuable tool that I could not go without. I am extremely satisfied with the product. I just hope the pricing model doesn't continue to be changed like it was late 2018.

Pros

ConnectWise Control has a straight forward pricing model, works extremely well both for remote tech as well as customer. Extremely easy to start a session as well as access a running session. With the Access Sessions (always running) option, you can add all your managed computers and quickly remote in. This is one of the first to support all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iOS. This gives quick and easy access to all types of remote computers, no longer do you need to support multiple remote access tools to support your customer base.

Cons

I only have two complaints, the pricing model although fair, can get out of control if you want to self host or if you need the higher tier plans. The auditing and reporting is something that has always been partially implemented and needs a good bit of work. Also the pricing model was recently changed to move some features to the higher priced tier, this brings consurn that this activity may continue forcing a high monthly rate to maintain the same feature set. Hopefully this isn't true.

An invaluable tool for supporting clients remotely

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Connecting remotely to help clients makes up about 25% of my total revenue, so ConnectWise Control is a huge part of my business. I have used other paid services in my decades of providing computer support, but each one has raised its prices too far and too fast for me to continue using it. So far, ConnectWise has not done this, and I hope they continue to be affordable.

Pros

The remote access tool is robust and easy to configure and use. The interface has so many tools that I haven't even had time to try all of them, but each one I've tried has provided excellent functionality. Having several different ways to get a remote customer connected has just been awesome. I love the customization with my company's information. It is very competitively-priced, and they have not raised the price very much (if at all) in the several years I've been using it.

Cons

I have had a few clients whose computers were so badly infected or corrupted that they couldn't get the software to install, but they could get Chrome Remote Desktop to install. I assume that the limited set of features in CRD and piggybacking on the Google Chrome installation that was already there helped in those situations. I think it has happened around five times in the hundreds of times I've tried to add a client in this way, so that's not a big problem.

ConnectWise Control Review

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

By using Connect Wise Control we are getting on time remote access to our servers, we can perform server updates and upgrades without any connection issues. Our clients are always happy that they can access our application anytime, anywhere, any device without the loss of connection. Connect Wise Control has tons of features to use without comprising downtime in this time of century.

Pros

For the past 6 months or so the company i work for has switched to Connect Wise Control, we can connect to remote servers that are most of the time unattended without the need of a human being giving us access. Moreover Connect Wise Control has some of the best features; Remote Access, which lets me to access our clients' server anywhere, anytime, and any device, Remote Meetings, with Connect Wise Control i can create a meeting to invite attendees to talk about our company's software workflow, and so much more, and lastly, the security integrated with Connect Wise Control which i can added different levels of security to different users accessing our servers via Connect Wise Control. Also, regarding to security, the different levels of security that i can give are; Permission based, Consent based, open communication, and No Footprint, Mostly we use the Consent based permission where the user will log his or her name on accessing the servers.

Cons

I Have not come across any issues with Connect Wise Control since i started using in the past six months.

Response from ConnectWise

Hi Yagnesh, thank you for your positive review on ConnectWise Control!

The Right Tool for the Job

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

We administer lots of remote systems with specialized software that is an exception to traditional IT rules of the road. This software has been a game changer in our ability to support these sytems across the country with a simple .. get that box to see google and I can help you motif.

It does all that we needed and that is rare in this world

Pros

This was what we needed when we needed to graduate above the Logmein or TeamViewer world. it allows us to have an on premise (and therefor single point of connection) for our remote sites. This allows you to ask for a single firewall exception by IP to allow remote admin. The security and functionality is superior to RDP or other options and allows us to share session and therefor administer while remote users are showing whatever the issue is (without a logout or storing large amounts of credentials etc) and works great with disparate local login methods (differing domains, high or low secrity logins etc.)

Cons

There are some convoluted setup steps to get it to do what we needed. There should also be a Backup utillity for the Keys and Config )preferably from the web admin GUI (a la a router that lets you download all your firewall rules etc)

Excellent Remote Support for Savvy Technicians

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

As a mixed MSP and residential computer support company, we utilize connectwise for quick support calls and our daily support and maintenance work. Even things you wouldn't expect, like the recent timeline of connection history per client helps to diagnose network and internet issues. In the absence of a true RMM platform, ConnectWise offers a tremendous breadth of features and integrates well into other solutions.

Pros

The basics of connecting to a computer are very simple and discoverable. The client-side installation is light and stable. The customizations and more advanced features are excellent. I have a remote support portal embedded on my website which makes it easier to get connected to a client over the phone. I have custom groups setup. I have some handy scripts and tools saved in the toolbox. And also quite beneficial, it's incredibly quick and easy to start a support session from any computer - truly cloud-based.

Cons

There is very little to say as far as cons. Some less-frequently-used features are less discoverable. Creating groups takes a little learning since you have to write out a boolean sequence. But I still happily trade a small amount of complexity for the power it offers.

Incredibly fast and reliable Remote Control solution

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

This solution is fantastic for an MSP such as myself that needs to provide support to clients. The ability to start an ad-hoc session easily or have a persistent remote session option available to fit the situation works as it should. I keep repeating myself, but the speed and simplicity of using this product is fantastic. I'm also pretty happy with the pace of innovation and new features that they continue to add to the product.

Pros

The speed of the product and the ease of implementation.

Cons

The licensing model has changed over the years and it seems to be more limited in the ways that you can buy and use it now if you are not a ConnectWise partner. At least the last time I checked. I am a ConnectWise partner so I have 100% of the functionality that I want. I haven't tried their remote printing feature in well over a year, but that is the only aspect of this software that ever disappointed. It was never something that I really wanted or needed myself, but since I allow some of my clients to use my Control instance to access their own machines from home I did try to get it working a while back. It was pretty inconsistent at that time and I have not gone back to see if it works better or not in the latest versions.

Better value alternative Remote Access software

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

Pros

That despite the limitation below, it is much more affordable than competitors, and once successfully connected to your client's agent, it works magnificently.

Cons

1) That there is no Access software, that to connect to a client's agent you have to open a web browser, go to your screenconnect site, log in, and then when you connect to a client you have to run a little executable, every time, one of several different methods that sometimes don't work.
2) Some times, but enough times to be a real issue, once connected you just get a black screen. If the client is at their computer they report that they can see you moving the mouse, pressing the Windows key (for Start menu), but you can't see anything. So still need to have competitor software running (in 5 minute unlicensed mode) so you can gain remote access at all.
3) Licensing value is better and fairer than others, but could still be fairer. The jump from 1 to 3 sessions is a bit steep, when competitors let you have unlimited sessions in the base price, and the fact that you can't connect to clients from both your desktop and laptop simultaneously, even if only trying to connect to one session from each with a 3 session Standard license - well - without doubling the license cost! (Again, when competetors let you do this).

7.0/10

ConnectWise Control

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

We needed a product that was easy to deploy that would allow us to remotely connect to and mange our outer offices.

I've used all the big remote control programs starting with pcAnywhere back in 2005 to Logmein, Bomgar, gotomyPC, VNC,etc... Control is the fastest out of them all. It has a robust tool set with the ability to store my own custom tools. With the msi installer, I have Control tied to our domain group policy. When a new computer is joined to our domain, it automatically gets Control installed. I have used both the on-premises and cloud versions of Control and I have been extremely happy with both. It has been easy to maintain, update, and administer.

Pros

The ablility to run commands on multiple machines at once.
Example, after updating a group policy item, I want to immediately push it out. I can select all the computers in my organization and then choose "Run Command". I enter, "gpupdate /force" and all the computers then get the updated GPO.

The new View add-in is an absolute godsend. When you have a remote office and you need to see and hear what's going on, this is a lifesaver.

Cons

I wish it gave more information about the computers sometimes.
Like:
private IP address
make/model of the pc

Great remote software

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Control is a very affordable remote support suite., especially compared to their competitors. Using Control I am able to support my clients, even though I'm now quite far away. I've been very pleased with the stability and functionality of the software.

Pros

I really like the stability of the software once connected. I can reboot the remote system and log back in without a remote user's assistance. It also lets me easily set up a long term connection with a remote system so I can login whenever I need. After the basics there's an immense amount of customization and add ons possible. I really enjoy the control granted over the software.
Finally it had a feature which I hope they bring back, the ability to text a link and then connect to a phone's camera. It was great for assisting when the workstation network was down.

Cons

The main issue I have with control is the actual logging part of it. They've done a lot to help the user understand how to connect, as in writing instructions about what to do right on the connection page, but about half my users still get a bit lost. I would love to see a much simpler connection process.

ConnectWise Control increases efficiency and increases customer satisfaction

Reviewed on 11/24/2018

I'm an IT Consultant supporting a dozen business clients and over a hundred individual clients. Before ConnectWise Control, I was often found sitting at a client site upgrading or fixing a system issue after their work hours and sometimes way into the night. The remote access/administration solution has provided me the ability to work from my home-office saving me travel time and expense, work on multiple clients simultaneously, and has increased customer satisfaction by being able to respond to customer calls while they are on the phone and without the need for scheduling a site visit.

Pros

Ability to work from my home-office saving me travel time and expense. Ability to work on multiple clients simultaneously. Increased customer satisfaction by being able to respond to customer calls while they are on the phone and without the need for scheduling a site visit. Ability to host the server myself, providing me more value. Reasonable/flexible license pricing that fit my business model.

Cons

Security configuration a little cryptic. Ability to create a signed installer package from the guest page unclear. (Admittedly, i haven't called into tech support but scanned through the knowledge base for answers)

Old Timer's 2 Cents Worth

Reviewed on 3/2/2019

I spent the last ten years of my career working from a comfortable home office for clients in Boston, New York, Idaho, Atlanta, Kentucky, Indiana, and my home town of Louisville, KY. While they were busy doing construction of all 5 bridges across the Ohio river over several years, I walked downstairs to work each day while my fellow office dwellers spent upwards of an hour or two daily sitting in traffic and paying for parking and tolls. Thank you, ConnectWise.

Pros

This product has come a long way since I bought my first one-time "forever" license of ScreenConnect. I had tried them all. This one was fast and stayed connected even on slow dial-up connections. I eventually was forced onto their web platform. It's actually better than the stand-alone product. I have not needed their live support for some time, but it has always been good when I did call them.

Cons

Terminology is confusing and sometimes over my head. Am I the "guest" or the "host"? I can never find my administrator's login screen. I have two accounts and the phantom one I suspect, gets in the way of my accounting. Wish I could go back to buying a license instead of the never ending subscriptions.

We have had nothing but success while using ConnectWise Control on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 5/26/2018

We have been able to remotely solve many issues - saving a trip to the client location(s).

Pros

We find that it is much faster and far more convenient than typical RDP and other remote solutions that we have tried. Of the features we find to be the most useful is the file transfer feature (including the built-in toolbox), and the behind the scenes command prompt feature. We use the command prompt feature all the time as to not disturb the user while modifying the system. We support over 500 seats across 25+ customers at multiple sites and the software works great. We have the client installed on Windows, Linix, and Mac OS systems. We counton this software to avoid costly site visits, and it has never let us down.

Cons

There isn't much to negatively say about this software. We run this software on a self-hosted server rather than cloud hosted by the vendor. As such, we are responsible for updating on our own. We had run into a few hiccups in the past when upgrading the software on the server, however, even with the issues, support was able to help us remedy.

Remote control your servers

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

When we went to demo the product, we had difficulty with the sign up process, but after reaching out to support, they got it sorted out in a business day.

We are using ConnectWise Control for remote unattended access (more or less daily) to various machines that we have scattered around the province in vehicles. This solution has been far more reliable in actually staying connected and reliability reconnected when disconnected, compared to our previous solution using TeamViewer and is by far less expensive for the only unattended access feature that we use.

Pros

The solution for accessing unattended hosts (they call them Access Agents, or similar) works very well on every OS that I have tried (Windows 7, Windows 10, Debian, and Ubuntu). The unattended hosts stay connected very well even over the terribly unreliable cellular network connections that most of our hosts are on.
The client software (for accessing the remote hosts) works very well on Windows and is super slick. The client software for Linux, does work (Java JNLP) but is very clunky compared to the Windows client.

Cons

The clunkiness of the Linux client.
The rather poor support for any sort of large motion (and video in particular) on the unattended hosts, at least with the Linux (JNLP) client, I do not really use the Windows client much. This is compared to my experience with video using TeamViewer 8 (when you can get the Teamviewer Client to work on Linux anyway)

Implemented it into a new business and everyone has loved it, so easy to use.

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

Ease of use, quick remote access, friendly support.

Pros

The ability to access the software from anywhere on any device. It doesn't matter if I'm next to a Windows or Mac computer, or even out and about on Android and iOS, I can still access all computers and support our users.

Cons

The technical licensing requirements when using the Access-Only Package. With some of our users being remote-only and never touching our network, and us having strict no end-users having local Administrator, we can't remotely install ConnectWise Control endpoints to their computers without first logging onto their computer with another product like LogMeIn or TeamViewer, and then installing the agent.

It would be good to have a 'limited function' Technical license to accompany a Remote-Only license, where it will stay active for 15mins for one technician to use. Enough time to guide an end user to the website, log on with a code, then install the agent.

It's not worth it for us to pay for 24/mo license when we would only use that feature once every few months.