Ahrefs

SEO toolset that helps you rank higher and get more traffic.

4,8
4,4
4,7
4,4
4,5
Gianfranco C.

Ahrefs is the most useful tool for your SEO and Content Marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Ahrefs is my favorite tool nowadays for everything related to SEO. I cannot live (or at least work) without it.

Pros

I've found Ahrefs to be tremendously convenient and efficient, to run SEO analyses, on your websites, on specific keywords and domains, and also to analyze all competitors.

Cons

There's nothing really that I don't like about Ahrefs.
Maybe they could expand their courses in the "Ahrefs Academy", since last time that I've checked they only had 2 courses: 1) Marketing with Ahrefs 2)Blogging for Business. Having something more advanced like Competitive intelligence, SEO on-page / off-page, and PPC tutorials, would be really an asset.

Nathan V.
Industry: Online Media

My go-to toolset for SEO

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

I can do pretty much anything I need to do in Ahrefs when it comes to SEO. And if you miss something, the team will be eager to see if it can be implemented. Also, the support is great, usually quite quick in responding and very friendly too.

Pros

Call me crazy, but I kind of LIVE in Ahrefs. If there's anything I want to know about a website and its SEO, I will put it in Ahrefs and find all the data I need. Whether it's keyword research, competitor research of backlink research, Ahrefs has got you covered. And they keep adding functionality and options. You can even suggest changes to the tool when you're a paying user.

Cons

There's nothing not to like really. I haven't found anything that I didn't like myself anyway. Oh well, sometimes you don't have access to a tool like Keywords Explorer when they're updating it, that's usually not nice when you're actaully working on a project. But I'm sure this will happen with other tools as well.

Madan B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Is Ahrefs the best tool for SEO?

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Talking about the overall experience with Ahrefs I love the tool. It has helped me to rank my article on google as well as to find the best and working keywords for my ads.

Pros

I have used a few SEO tools like Mangool, Moz, SEMRush, and others, yet nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most powerful and featured tools out there. The addition of new features on this tool continuously makes it more special. Perhaps the best thing about Ahrefs is that it crawls and records new backlinks super quickly. I mainly use this tool for keyword research and monitoring backlinks. This tool has helped me to rank my website on the first page of google. I consider it the best tool for organic keyword research and to find the SEO difficulty for each keyword.

Cons

I am using Ahrefs for more than 2 years. I haven't noticed any technical difficulty out there. Some of the people consider the pricing as a little bit high but I think the pricing is not much high according to the service they are providing.

Kenny H.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: Self Employed

Are these reviews for real??

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

The hits all come from 54.x.x.x and apparently have a fetish for using the bible in repetitive succession that just swamps our logs. Sometimes we just use iptables to get rid of the rogue site but aside from being a pest I see no other damage. The hits look like this: 54.x.x.x "Get /bible/18_028.HTM http/1.1" 404
However our associate that also gets hit by the rogue ahrefs site is being hit with non-biblical hits (go figure).
Don't bother getting messed up with ahrefs, it's just another bad affiliation that will come back to bite you sooner or later in my opinion.

Pros

I like how ahrefs disregards a cease and desist notice.

Cons

This is just another hacker site. They've been hitting our server for over 2 years now (and not just us).

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Ahrefs - better than the rest?

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/24

My overall experience has been very good with AHREFS. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to not only learn more about SEO, but how to be more effective with their SEO strategies. The more you use something like this software, the better at SEO you become because you have more tools under your belt and better processes for a good strategy. You really need data for a good SEO strategy and something like this software is going to get you there. If you don't have the funds, try ubersuggest (and you can sign up with a blank gmail account if you don't want to share your GSC or analytics data)

Pros

When you're looking at SEO Software, one of the main things you want to look for is accurate data. There are many different choices out there with many different features. Lots of these software products have many of the same features. So what separates all these different SEO suits, for me, it would be the accuracy of data. And AHREFS seems to have pretty accurate data, compared to the competition. For one, it seems to have a great backlink database. This allows you to uncover more backlinks per website, compared to the competition.

Also, another area where it's a little bit more accurate would be their domain rating (the strength of a websites authority), and therefore their Keyword Difficulty score.

Now obviously you can't rely completely on an autmatically calculated Keyword Difficulty score, since there are too many unknown variables. But it is great to have for bulk data analysis.

Other than that, I would say, they also have almost everything you need out of an SEO software suite.

Their user experience is also pretty good. The closest alternative I would say is semrush.

And I would say both are about equal in my recommendation, with Ahrefs being slighly better, but semrush being better for most due to the lower cost.

Cons

The biggest con to AHREFS is the price. It seems overly expensive, especially considering now that you can pay for Ubersuggest for a fraction of the cost. Or you can even use some of the Ubersuggest features for free (however keep in mind, you are really paying them with your data if you sign up with your GSC or analytics account).

However, it's not going to be as comprehensive as something like this software. So in my mind, if AHREFS lowered the price, it would be a no-brainer. But if you rely on this data for your business, or an agency. Then you consider the cost a necessary expense for one of the best software programs out there for SEO.

Tayyab S.
Industry: Writing & Editing

All Resources to Grow Search Traffic

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I found it useful and beneficial in Keyword Research and Analyze Competitor Details.

Pros

Ahrefs is a complete SEO tool that holds multiple tools like
Link building
Keyword research
Competitor analysis
Rank tracking
Site audits
I usually use Ahref for keyword Research which is important to grab the traffic to your site as well as analyze the top rank keywords.

Cons

Little bit Complex Interface
Many filters on referring domains
Not 100% accurate Stats
less Internal link opportunities

Alexandra N.

Game changer

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Pros

The data is obviously top-notch. But wow, is it intuitive. I get frustrated within 30 seconds of trying to navigate other SEO tools. Ahrefs understands has SEOs work, and has built tools with our workflow in mind.

Cons

Quality of data for countries outside of the US isn't quite the same. Would be nice to be able to change CPC currency.

Mario M.

My favourite SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

I rely on Ahrefs for all my SEO tasks.

Pros

It has a learning curve, but once you undertand the basics it´s easy to use. The tutorials and blog posts are also really helpful. I get to analyze my industry, spy my competitors and apply reverse-engineering to their strategies.

Cons

Nothing really. It might seem pricey but in the long-term is well worth the investment.

Mike W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Best Tool for KW Research and Website Auditing

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I give Ahrefs an A+ for all of its powerful features!

Pros

I use Ahrefs extensively for in-depth keyword research, backlink checking, auditing our websites and now their new Ahrefs Webmaster Tools (AWT) feature!

I also like how organized everything feels inside the dashboard area.

Cons

Would love to see a built-in AI tool for automatic content creation. And at $179/mo it's a bit pricey but well worth it for all it offers.

Cliff D.
Company size: Self Employed

Ahrefs for a small digital marketing agency

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

so far I'm super happy. I love the train tutorials that the marketer does and the information I'm learning seems to be falling into place and I'm quite sure I will be able to dominate my local market and help my clients do the same in short order.

Pros

this software has more than I will need to take care of all of my customers needs in a big big way! There is no doubt that after learning to use it in an effective way I will be able to provide a tremendous value and help my clients reach higher rankings at a much faster Pace than my bigger competitors.

Cons

there is a little bit of a learning curve. I don't mind because I have been referred this software many times by many larger organizations.

Mohammed S.
Industry: Graphic Design

The best complete SEO tool I have seen ever

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/06

As an SEO expert, I have to work with several types of tools. I have found ahrefs is a very helpful tool for SEO experts. I can do everything that requires to rank my website. I can do the overall competitor analysis with that tool. I can find out the referring domain, quality of referring domain, number of internal linking to a specific page, top-performing pages, outgoing link, etc. I didn’t use their rank tracker so can’t make any comment on it. It is an awesome SEO tool in my opinion.

Pros

The main thing I love about ahrefs I can optimize the website with a single tool. I can do keyword research (Info, money, comparison, keyword), backlink analysis, Internal linking analysis, domain strength analysis, traffic analysis, anchor text analysis, dofollow - nofollow link ratio, etc. Actually, there are so many features on ahrefs that can’t be described in a few lines. For example, I can find out many low competitive keywords from my competitors' URL, using the organic keywords feature. I think it creates an extra advantage. They have added a new feature recently, which is organic keywords 2.0. It helped me to find a fresh new keyword to work. It also helped me to find out the recent ranking keywords of my website. Their other interesting feature is the content gap, I have analyzed my competitors and found many content ideas that were not covered by them. So it is amazing.

Cons

I have found a problem with organic keywords that is they repeat the same keyword again and again on multiple pages. It creates a problem at the time of keyword researching. And it shows less search volume than any other keyword research tool. Last thing I dislike their pricing and trial version price. The Trial version should be given for free.

Vikram singh R.
Industry: Online Media

Great competitors analysis tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I am working as SEO manager in one of the top-rated Digitial Marketing agency in India and I am using Ahrefs since last 2 years now, this is one of the tools that I am using on a daily basis and I really can't leave a day without this tool. It makes my competitor's analysis work so easy, Ahrefs helps me find the best links from my competitors and I have explored what content Gap and some basic distance my client's website is having and can set the campaign accordingly.

This is the must have tool before starting SEO or content marketing campaign.

Pros

The best thing about Ahfers is you will get everything related to competitors & backlink analysis. It includes few most amazing features like comprehensive backlink data, Overall organic keywords your website is ranking for, Overall organic traffic with history, Keywords explorer for detailed keywords research, Linkintersect to see which links your competitors are having and you don't, and many more.

Ahfers is also one of the most user friendly tool I have ever used, it has got everything which every digital marketers need. You can find hundreds of links opportunities by using content explorer which shows you which content is shared the most in your niche. You can reverse engineer your competitors backlink by the cocomprehensiveis of competitors backlink and acquire them.

Cons

The only thing I like the least about Ahrefs as they didn't provide any Free search trial, while few of the other similar tools will give you few serachs in a day but in Ahrefs you won't get anything for free NOT even a single search.

Franklin G.
Industry: Market Research

Ahrefs is my go-to tool for keyword research

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Ahrefs has been a great tool for our marketing team. It helps us deliver clarity & confidence to our clients about customer behavior in multiple channels. It is helpful for Customer Journey Mapping, Market Research, and Marketing Plan development.

Pros

Ahrefs is the best tool for keyword research because it includes data from a variety of sources like Amazon and YouTube. The ability to quickly toggle between platforms to see the search volume is fantastic. I also like how easy it is to export, save, and share the data.

Cons

Ahrefs estimates for keyword CPC is not accurate for Amazon. The data is taken from Google keyword CPC which is an entirely different cost and can mislead a marketer into creating an ill-informed marketing plan. If the website research tool was as powerful as other software providers, I would use it almost exclusively.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My favorite SEO tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

I'm satisfied. I get what I want and need.

Pros

All in one - for SEO's. Ahrefs is best for everything regarding links. But there's more in the package: You get site audits, keyword trackers, content and keyword research + more.

Of these, I do love the site audit. It made my life easier - compared to Screaming Frog. Now I don't have to sit around and wait while my computer crawls. I can just close the Ahrefs tab - and the whole thing will be done within the hour (or overnight). Theres even scheduled crawls, so I can get an overview of our technical and on-page SEO performance every week or month.

It even comes with a lot of descriptions and guide on what to do about the bugs and errors found on your website. Great for beginners and specialists.

Cons

It can cost a lot if you have a lot of users. There's no option for individual logins for a team. So we do log each other out all the time - even though we have bought the package with up to 10 users using the login.

The same goes for the Chrome Toolbar. A cool tool, but we log each other out - so we have to log in each day. It feels like a waste of time.

They are not made for PPC stats. Theres some numbers and Ad examples, but they don't seem correct.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

One of the best SEO tools

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Ahrefs is one heck of a tool which is evolving. When I started using it, it had limited features and in last 2-3 years, it has evolved into a massive all-in-one SEO toolkit, which is great. If you are an agency or SEO pro and not using Ahrefs, you are not in the league.

Pros

I have used several SEO tools like Majestic, SEMRush, and others, but nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most feature-rich tools out there. It is constantly updated and the team keeps on adding new features which keeps users hooked.
One of the best things about Ahrefs is that it crawls and indexes new backlinks really fast. And this speed is still improving. Compared to SEMRush, Ahrefs does a great job overall.
I mainly use it to monitor backlinks, referring domains, and rankings. In terms of rankings, it is spot on. I never had any issues with Ahrefs whatsoever.
Another amazing thing about Ahrefs is their tutorials that show users how they can use and benefit from Ahrefs different features. Besides, Ahrefs blog is one of my favorites.

Cons

1. It is expensive and when I say expensive, I really mean it - especially if you want to get access to all the features. It is a perfect tool for SEO agencies and marketers.
2. The features and different tools aren't easily accessible or understandable to the users. They should do something about making users realize what they are missing and how they can fully use different Ahrefs tools. Training material and videos are doing a good job but they surely need to do more.

Richard W.

100% Recommended to SEO Experts

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Overall, our experience with Ahrefs was positive. While the team's customer service could be better - the actual tool is powerful. It's truly an SEO expert's perfect tool. It has some of the best insights available - and the company is constantly expanding their efforts. Recently, they updated their content explorer system, making it more comprehensive. For our agency, we were able to really fine-tune our keywords and find great linking opportunities. If you are looking for a program to capitalize and do the same, Ahrefs is a great place to start.

Pros

- Amazing backlinking tool
- Easy to understand keyword search system
- Ability to track keyword rankings by the minute
- Quality reporting tool
- 7-day trial for first timers
- Company sends valuable training information
- Daily support if needed

Cons

- Can be complicated for first-time SEO users
- Its design is simple and a bit mundane.
- Customer service is not the friendliest.

Albert A.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Powerful All-in-one SEO solution

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

I use it everyday to keep track on my sites and my competitors.

Pros

Ahrefs is one of the greatest SEO tool ever made. It can do a lot of things from keyword research up to content promotion. This all-in-one tool is my main weapon and it helped me gain higher rankings. Here are some of its advantages.

1. Doing keyword research is fast and accurate. Their keyword explorer tool has a lot of data to determine if the keywords are good. It shows the search volume, trend and the reliable keyword difficulty feature.

2. Accurate rank tracker. It also shows the estimated traffic that I am getting.

3. The site explorer tool. I'm using this extensively. This is what makes Ahrefs a powerful tool. I can input any URLs and it will provide me with some useful data like the keywords I am ranking, my site's backlinks and referring domains and the estimated traffic.

Cons

The pricing is somewhat expensive for beginners and to those who have limited budget. But believe me, the higher price tag is all worth it.

Iqra Z.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Professional SEO Tools to Increase Search Traffic

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

My overall experience with Ahrefs is really awesome. Because I use Ahrefs for my own websites and I also recommend to my clients. I have improved the search engine ranking of my all websites using Ahrefs. I am really happy and satisfied with Ahrefs.

Pros

Using Ahrefs you can look at the organic traffic and the number of the backlinks of any website. You can also watch referring domains and organic keywords. You can also analyze the traffic value of your website. You can get ideas regarding lots of great keywords. You can use Site audit for your website and analyze how many webpages have been crawled and how many total issues you have on your website. You can also track and monitor your website rankings. Also, find the top-performing content in your niche.

Cons

I am using Ahrefs for the last few years, and I have grow my search appearance plus organic traffic. I never faced any kind of problem using the Ahrefs tools. So according to my experience, there are no cons. Everything is incredible and awesome of Ahrefs.

Giorgi G.
Industry: Tobacco
Company size: Self Employed

Must have tool for SEO geeks

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

One of the best SEO tools I ever worked with

Pros

Using Ahrefs with SEMRush is what it all takes to get the overall deep understanding of the SEO for the project you are working for. Ahrefs is invaluable tool when it comes to the backlinks and their tracking. Apart from having the extensive SEO capabilities (tools, features, functions, etc - which all of them works very well) this tool is my number one go when I need anything - literally anything backlink related. I cannot even imagine analyzing the competitors backlinks or certain amount of them without using Ahrefs. It's the valuable and reliable source taking its permanent place in my SEO toolbox.

Cons

Nothing really. For the things I am using this platform for - it's irreplaceable. The only thing which I have experienced to see is the search volume for the keywords that seemed quite off the real ones. Though, overall, I am very happy with what this platform can provide.

Chad H.

Ahrefs: A Link Builder's Best Friend

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Overall, I couldn't complete my job without some of the features that Ahrefs provides. Its mastery of all things backlinks is essential in my line of work and its various features allow me to excel at my job and help my clients improve their web presence.

Pros

My favorite Ahrefes features are it's "Best by Links" section because it really helps me, as a link builder, identify competitor Linkable Assets so that I can instruct my clients to create similar, but unique, versions on their own site. It goes without saying that their backlink database is what really makes Ahrefs essential in my line of work. Lastly, their Alerts feature is a great and easy way for me to keep an eye on all of my clients' campaigns.

Cons

I feel like Ahrefs could improve its training features. I really would love some quick classes to learn more about what I can do with Ahrefs as I feel like I'm missing out on some great features. The "Alerts" feature has also been glitchy lately.

Mark L.

Hands-down the best SEO/digital marketing tool on the market

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

I'm a 10x better SEO with Ahrefs

Pros

Where to start? If I could only use one tool for the rest of my marketing career, it would be Ahrefs. It can do everything, and it does everything better than all its competitors. I've built my whole SEO strategy on the back of Ahrefs.

They really seem to understand what it takes to succeed with SEO today, too. Rest of their content team create some of the best content on the web, and really show you through their videos exactly how to get the most out of Ahrefs.

Cons

I wish it didn't quickly jump to a prohibitively expensive price. It would work for most individual businesses, but agencies need at least a standard account and if you really want to get the most out of it, an advanced subscription gives you some material benefits, but I've never been able to justify the cost.

Hardly a con, though and am more than happy with what I get at that price.

Dale D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Powerful SEO tool with lots of functionalities!

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

A must have SEO tool! It helped us to improve our organic traffic and rankings.

Pros

Ahrefs is a very powerful tool that helped us to improve our organic rankings. It has lots of features and functionalities. All of them are useful and can help users and website owners to rank higher. I'm extremely impressed with the amount of data they provide. With a single click, I can see any website's data like traffic, amount of referring domains and organic keywords.

I love using their amazing SEO tools like Keyword Explorer, Site Explorer and Rank tracker. Speaking of their Rank tracker, it is accurate and updated regularly. It also shows our average position, visibility and SERP features. In my opinion, Ahrefs is a must have SEO tool for any serious SEOs and companies out there.

Cons

Their pricing is expensive and not flexible. That is their only weakness so far.

Marielle V.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Ahrefs is a great SEO tool for every online marketers!

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Pros

I've been using Ahrefs for about two years and it keeps getting better. It helped me and my team achieved higher rankings and as a result, more clients and the ROI is pretty good. Ahrefs is a very powerful SEO tool and here are the advantages of using it.

1. Easy to use.
2. Feature-packed software.
3. It allows me to track my keywords.
4. Accurate rank tracker and backlinks analysis
5. Doing keyword research with it is amazing. It has an amazing feature that helps me to measure the competition.
6. I can see the stats of any websites quickly.
7. They have an amazing blog which can help me and my team to become better.
8. Amazing support.
9. The developers keeps on improving the software.

Cons

I do not see any disadvantages of using it. It has all the tools that we need and we love using it. It is powerful yet easy to learn.

Amber C.

The Ultimate SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Allows us to perform basic and complex online marketing tasks from in-depth keyword analysis, keyword tracking, backlink analysis, site audits and more. We can also do content marketing planning using the content explorer. It's an agency's best friend.

Pros

Our business wouldn't thrive without Ahrefs. We use it for content marketing planning, SEO optimization, PR link outreach, competitive analysis, in-depth keyword analysis, keyword monitoring and more. Ahrefs can give you a great overview on where your business stands in the online marketplace and has countless complex tools to help you dig into backlinks, keywords, content and more.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's great for an SEO beginner as you need a fundamental understanding of SEO and online marketing to be able to get the most out of Ahrefs. Also, Ahrefs isn't cheap, but for an agency who uses it every day, it's worth the money for us.

Chamath N.
Industry: Computer Software

The ultimate SEO report and backlink checker

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/30

It is quite simple. Ahref is a rich-featured instrument kit. Always updated, and the unit keeps on
increasing new peculiarities. New backlinks are indexed fast.
Furthermore, the rate keeps on growing. The tutorials held to increase customer knowledge.
When surmising its benefits and maximum use, Ahrefs is rather expansive. But, still, you regain
benefits which worth it.

Pros

You can do everything in Ahref when it happens to be in the SEO. Let's discuss the Pros of Ahrefs. If someone wants to know something, then it should be SEO. And the superiority of comprehending something should also be given to SEO. You type it in Ahrefs. And get everything you need to know. Regardless, whether either it is keyword research or backlink research or competitor research, Ahrefs will give you everything.

Cons

There is nothing explicit that we despise. But, infrequently, you do not have access to tools like
keyword research, especially when updating. It is not good to appear when you are at some
serious work. But, we foresee this to happen with some other tools as well.
Also, you are not provided with a period of free trial. Though some other tools give free
explorations, you will not get any from Ahrefs. Not one. Still, we have to admit that when Ahrefs was first propelled, there were only a few limited features. But now, there are various cool new features. It has evolved in a very insufficient time on a large scale.