Ahrefs Reviews

Ahrefs

SEO report and backlink checker

4.8/5 (130 reviews)
Vikram singh R.

Great competitors analysis tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I am working as SEO manager in one of the top-rated Digitial Marketing agency in India and I am using Ahrefs since last 2 years now, this is one of the tools that I am using on a daily basis and I really can't leave a day without this tool. It makes my competitor's analysis work so easy, Ahrefs helps me find the best links from my competitors and I have explored what content Gap and some basic distance my client's website is having and can set the campaign accordingly.

This is the must have tool before starting SEO or content marketing campaign.

Pros

The best thing about Ahfers is you will get everything related to competitors & backlink analysis. It includes few most amazing features like comprehensive backlink data, Overall organic keywords your website is ranking for, Overall organic traffic with history, Keywords explorer for detailed keywords research, Linkintersect to see which links your competitors are having and you don't, and many more.

Ahfers is also one of the most user friendly tool I have ever used, it has got everything which every digital marketers need. You can find hundreds of links opportunities by using content explorer which shows you which content is shared the most in your niche. You can reverse engineer your competitors backlink by the cocomprehensiveis of competitors backlink and acquire them.

Cons

The only thing I like the least about Ahrefs as they didn't provide any Free search trial, while few of the other similar tools will give you few serachs in a day but in Ahrefs you won't get anything for free NOT even a single search.

One of the best SEO tools

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Ahrefs is one heck of a tool which is evolving. When I started using it, it had limited features and in last 2-3 years, it has evolved into a massive all-in-one SEO toolkit, which is great. If you are an agency or SEO pro and not using Ahrefs, you are not in the league.

Pros

I have used several SEO tools like Majestic, SEMRush, and others, but nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most feature-rich tools out there. It is constantly updated and the team keeps on adding new features which keeps users hooked.
One of the best things about Ahrefs is that it crawls and indexes new backlinks really fast. And this speed is still improving. Compared to SEMRush, Ahrefs does a great job overall.
I mainly use it to monitor backlinks, referring domains, and rankings. In terms of rankings, it is spot on. I never had any issues with Ahrefs whatsoever.
Another amazing thing about Ahrefs is their tutorials that show users how they can use and benefit from Ahrefs different features. Besides, Ahrefs blog is one of my favorites.

Cons

1. It is expensive and when I say expensive, I really mean it - especially if you want to get access to all the features. It is a perfect tool for SEO agencies and marketers.
2. The features and different tools aren't easily accessible or understandable to the users. They should do something about making users realize what they are missing and how they can fully use different Ahrefs tools. Training material and videos are doing a good job but they surely need to do more.

Albert A.

Powerful All-in-one SEO solution

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

I use it everyday to keep track on my sites and my competitors.

Pros

Ahrefs is one of the greatest SEO tool ever made. It can do a lot of things from keyword research up to content promotion. This all-in-one tool is my main weapon and it helped me gain higher rankings. Here are some of its advantages.

1. Doing keyword research is fast and accurate. Their keyword explorer tool has a lot of data to determine if the keywords are good. It shows the search volume, trend and the reliable keyword difficulty feature.

2. Accurate rank tracker. It also shows the estimated traffic that I am getting.

3. The site explorer tool. I'm using this extensively. This is what makes Ahrefs a powerful tool. I can input any URLs and it will provide me with some useful data like the keywords I am ranking, my site's backlinks and referring domains and the estimated traffic.

Cons

The pricing is somewhat expensive for beginners and to those who have limited budget. But believe me, the higher price tag is all worth it.

Giorgi G.

Must have tool for SEO geeks

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

One of the best SEO tools I ever worked with

Pros

Using Ahrefs with SEMRush is what it all takes to get the overall deep understanding of the SEO for the project you are working for. Ahrefs is invaluable tool when it comes to the backlinks and their tracking. Apart from having the extensive SEO capabilities (tools, features, functions, etc - which all of them works very well) this tool is my number one go when I need anything - literally anything backlink related. I cannot even imagine analyzing the competitors backlinks or certain amount of them without using Ahrefs. It's the valuable and reliable source taking its permanent place in my SEO toolbox.

Cons

Nothing really. For the things I am using this platform for - it's irreplaceable. The only thing which I have experienced to see is the search volume for the keywords that seemed quite off the real ones. Though, overall, I am very happy with what this platform can provide.

Nathan V.

My go-to toolset for SEO

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

I can do pretty much anything I need to do in Ahrefs when it comes to SEO. And if you miss something, the team will be eager to see if it can be implemented. Also, the support is great, usually quite quick in responding and very friendly too.

Pros

Call me crazy, but I kind of LIVE in Ahrefs. If there's anything I want to know about a website and its SEO, I will put it in Ahrefs and find all the data I need. Whether it's keyword research, competitor research of backlink research, Ahrefs has got you covered. And they keep adding functionality and options. You can even suggest changes to the tool when you're a paying user.

Cons

There's nothing not to like really. I haven't found anything that I didn't like myself anyway. Oh well, sometimes you don't have access to a tool like Keywords Explorer when they're updating it, that's usually not nice when you're actaully working on a project. But I'm sure this will happen with other tools as well.

Mark L.

Hands-down the best SEO/digital marketing tool on the market

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

I'm a 10x better SEO with Ahrefs

Pros

Where to start? If I could only use one tool for the rest of my marketing career, it would be Ahrefs. It can do everything, and it does everything better than all its competitors. I've built my whole SEO strategy on the back of Ahrefs.

They really seem to understand what it takes to succeed with SEO today, too. Rest of their content team create some of the best content on the web, and really show you through their videos exactly how to get the most out of Ahrefs.

Cons

I wish it didn't quickly jump to a prohibitively expensive price. It would work for most individual businesses, but agencies need at least a standard account and if you really want to get the most out of it, an advanced subscription gives you some material benefits, but I've never been able to justify the cost.

Hardly a con, though and am more than happy with what I get at that price.

Dale D.

Powerful SEO tool with lots of functionalities!

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

A must have SEO tool! It helped us to improve our organic traffic and rankings.

Pros

Ahrefs is a very powerful tool that helped us to improve our organic rankings. It has lots of features and functionalities. All of them are useful and can help users and website owners to rank higher. I'm extremely impressed with the amount of data they provide. With a single click, I can see any website's data like traffic, amount of referring domains and organic keywords.

I love using their amazing SEO tools like Keyword Explorer, Site Explorer and Rank tracker. Speaking of their Rank tracker, it is accurate and updated regularly. It also shows our average position, visibility and SERP features. In my opinion, Ahrefs is a must have SEO tool for any serious SEOs and companies out there.

Cons

Their pricing is expensive and not flexible. That is their only weakness so far.

Marielle V.

Ahrefs is a great SEO tool for every online marketers!

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Pros

I've been using Ahrefs for about two years and it keeps getting better. It helped me and my team achieved higher rankings and as a result, more clients and the ROI is pretty good. Ahrefs is a very powerful SEO tool and here are the advantages of using it.

1. Easy to use.
2. Feature-packed software.
3. It allows me to track my keywords.
4. Accurate rank tracker and backlinks analysis
5. Doing keyword research with it is amazing. It has an amazing feature that helps me to measure the competition.
6. I can see the stats of any websites quickly.
7. They have an amazing blog which can help me and my team to become better.
8. Amazing support.
9. The developers keeps on improving the software.

Cons

I do not see any disadvantages of using it. It has all the tools that we need and we love using it. It is powerful yet easy to learn.

Amber C.

The Ultimate SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Allows us to perform basic and complex online marketing tasks from in-depth keyword analysis, keyword tracking, backlink analysis, site audits and more. We can also do content marketing planning using the content explorer. It's an agency's best friend.

Pros

Our business wouldn't thrive without Ahrefs. We use it for content marketing planning, SEO optimization, PR link outreach, competitive analysis, in-depth keyword analysis, keyword monitoring and more. Ahrefs can give you a great overview on where your business stands in the online marketplace and has countless complex tools to help you dig into backlinks, keywords, content and more.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's great for an SEO beginner as you need a fundamental understanding of SEO and online marketing to be able to get the most out of Ahrefs. Also, Ahrefs isn't cheap, but for an agency who uses it every day, it's worth the money for us.

Erwin S.

A must-have SEO tool!

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

Quick and easy to use software. It has lots of useful features that will help you rank higher in any search engines.

Pros

Ahrefs is an excellent SEO tool that is quick and has a lot of features. In my own opinion, it has the complete package when it comes to SEO and marketing. Doing keyword research is so easy. If I want to spy on my competitors, I just plug in their URLs and Ahrefs will quickly show their stats like backlink profiles and the keywords that they ranked. It also helps me to create a masterpiece content thru their keyword suggestions. Ahrefs is a web-based application so it is easy and light. I do not have to install or download anything.

Cons

The only downside that I can think of is its price. It is certainly not cheap, especially for individuals or beginners that do not have a big budget for SEO or marketing.

Matthew S.

An extremely powerful online marketing tool!

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Ahrefs is my main tool for any serious SEO work.

Pros

In my opinion, Ahrefs is the most complete tool for every online businesses. It is a must-have tool if you are serious about your SEO and online business. I am using it for more than five years and it just keeps on getting better. Their keyword database is huge! It gives me tons of related keywords that I can use as topics for my articles.

It also shows the search volume and the keyword competition. It is reliable and it helped me achieved high rankings on Google search engine. Analyzing my competition is a breeze. It shows relevant data to help me plan my strategy.

Additionally, they have an awesome blog and video series to further enhance my SEO and marketing skills.

Cons

Ahrefs is so powerful but it comes with a high price tag.

Ahrefs review

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

I have had a very wonderful experience with this software and it is my second after Google analytics and this is because I use Google analytics to get a full insight into my website when it concerns Google search engine and believe it or not, Google analytics offers more indepth analysis of website when you are trying to optimize for Google search engine.

Pros

I like the fact that I can do my keyword research and get the keywords that my competitors who are using Google Keyword planner do not get while doing their keyword research.

I also like the fact that I can get a full audit of my website in full and also know what next steps to take to make my business above my competitors.

Cons

The 7 days free trial is a limited time to ascertain how effective this software can work for you.

Your website need to be indexed for more than a long time to be able to know if the software will work for you or not and as such all your website details will be taken by the software so as to get you a robust analysis of your website.

Dmytro M.

My one stop for SEO research

Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Review Source

Pros

You have all you need from rankings to linkbuilding analysis and keyword research. This can easily be your only tool for all of your SEO needs and even SEM research. In 2017, the team seems to have started dedicating more energy to making the tool not only functional but usable, bringing in lots of UX improvements and more visual controls and charts throughout the tool.

Cons

The connection between different parts of the tool and location of all the controls and dials is still something that could be improved. Compared to competition (like SEMrush), ahrefs is definitely superior but it could be even easier and even cleaner in some of the tools. Also, even on the first two paid plans you won't have the full list of all keywords you rank for in top 100 - first plan shows only up to the third page, second plan adds 2 more pages, which is odd, considering the abovementioned competitor lets you see all of your keywords on the standard plan.

Roman Y.

Must have tool for SEO specialist

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

This tool can do everything you need to checkout your situation with SEO and PPC for your project and also give an analysis for competitor's projects. We use this in our agency on a daily basis.

Pros

- Backlinks tools. You can gather thousands of backlinks to your project or other projects. Ahrefs has a huge database with it
- PPC data. You can get all data about PPC campaigns of your competitor: keywords, ads, target pages
- Keywords planner. You can gather a lot of keywords for your niche
- Organic rankings. You checkout your keywords and rankings for them
- Top pages. You can understand which page drives most traffic to the website

Cons

- Price. You can't simply select which functions you need and pay for it accordingly. Packages can simply more then you need

Luke S.

Featured packed tool!

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Ahrefs if my go to all-in-one SEO tool. It is powerful and easy to use.

Pros

Ahrefs is my main tool when it comes to SEO. It can do almost anything quickly and accurately. It has lots of useful features that can help me grow my online presence. They even updated their Ahrefs Toolbar to quickly view the metrics of any web page and it is free to use.

You can track your keywords, analyze your competitors and the software can help you improve your content big time. It is easy to come out with a plan on how to stay on top after seeing the data Ahrefs produces. It is a powerful tool and it can be your all-in-one SEO solution

Cons

Their pricing is a little higher than the competitors but you can definitely get what you pay for.

Dexter T.

It is our weapon of choice!

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

Ahrefs is a powerful all-in-one SEO solution! It has a lot of great features that helped us to rank higher on search engines. With Ahrefs, I can spy on our competitors and see their keywords, backlinks and other useful data. I can also track our website's performance and optimize them.

Their Backlink Checker tool is one of the best in the business. I also like their Keyword Explorer tool, it shows how competitive the keyword is by analyzing the top 10 results.

I also loved their blog and video tutorials. They have a lot of guides and tutorials about SEO and on how to maximize their tool.

Cons

Sometimes, the tools loads slowly. I don't know if it is just on my end or not.

Hardian N.

Its good and it has my country keyword database

Reviewed on 2018/12/23

Overal its a good experience, i paid the trial the have an awesome result but after that, try a month or two until you get the whole experience, dont go out pay a year.

Pros

If you have to look for niche keyword and it is not in english, then ahrefs is the place, it has the databank for my country (South East Asia Region) which is awesome. For other keyword service, sometimes you just stuck with google US or the nearest is India. Ahrefs has very large database (look the "our data page") or ask the customer support is your country supported.

Also there's keyword, backlink etc monitoring send via email.

Other than keyword database, you have organic estimation traffic, which is a hit and miss (for my website, its a miss around 2000 user) but nonetheless it is really really good for competitor analysis.

the backlink analysis also really helpful, which for my case goes back around 2014.

Cons

- Well, i paid like a year for lite edition which is very expensive for me, and it stuck like only 25 website analysis (site explore) per day (which is a bum for when you're in the zone making report), there's other limitation but it still provide a very good macro view. The keyword similarities website also sometimes suggest a very ridiculous website (my site compete with Google & Linkedin , in keyword similarities ??)

- there's no free trial, you have to pay just for the trial

Aris S.

Ahrefs is synonymous with SEO

Reviewed on 2018/08/09
Review Source

Pros

I do a lot of link building and SEO to grow our site's traffic. And there's always this one go-to tool that I have that helps me do the work easily. That's Ahrefs.

For the most part, I use this monitor the links we get, to check our ranking, keywords, search for relevant content that I can get a link from, do audits and fix issues and more.

It's also very user-friendly.

Cons

Well, can't really think of anything at the moment but perhaps have a better interface on the keyword explorer? That would help. Because at that specific feature, this tool is no match SEMRush. Either way, these 2 tools both have a place in my heart. I just use Ahrefs more.

Richard L.

One word: Powerful!

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

I loved Ahrefs. It is a powerful SEO tool.

Pros

Ahrefs never failes to amaze me. It is definitely a powerful all-in-one SEO tool. It has a lot of features like Keyword Research, Domain Analysis, Content Marketing tool and Keyword Tracking. I've used all of the features and I loved it.

I can quickly input a domain and see all the useful stats like their rankings, number of backlinks, domain rating, top pages and estimated traffic. It really gives me an edge to outperform a certain website and be on top. I also loved their blog, it has lots of tutorials and strategies.

Cons

Expensive. That is the only drawback I can think of.

Jack C.

A must-have tool for SEOs and online business owners!

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

Ahrefs is an incredibly powerful SEO tool that can help you to track and improve your website. It is the main tool in our office and it's really a wonderful piece of software. It is fast and accurate. It can detect almost all of our backlinks, keyword rankings and organic traffic. The rank/position tracker tool is very accurate and it can also show if our keywords are on Google's featured snippet.

With the help of their Keyword Explorer and Keyword Difficulty tool, we can make quality content that can rank easily on search engines. The Competitor Analysis tool is helpful to spy on our competitors and to track their performance.

Cons

I don't have any issues using it. It has lots of features and definitely the best all-in-one SEO tool today.

Shubham T.

Best Tool For Competitors Backlink Research

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I am using Ahrefs since more than 6 years, i found it very reliable tool for every client i do SEO for. Also, it helped me so much by providing backlinks data of competitors, also their keywords with position, it helps us to determine which direction to go and where we can improve.

Pros

Filtration of high quality to low quality links, dofollow and nofollow links and one link for one domain, that gives me accurate data and saves my time. Also, it shows keywords position and also search queries that ranks for any website, it is really helpful feature.

Cons

Accordingly to the price, it should show more results for keywords position in search result.

John M.

For me, Ahrefs is the number one choice!

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

Ahrefs is the best for me.

Pros

I really like this tool. Ahrefs is an amazing and powerful online marketing tool that I am using to rank my website. It is a big help for me because I can further improve my website by checking on my competitors, monitoring my keywords, backlinks and it also allows me to generate a lot of new topic ideas.

Their Backlink Checker is really powerful, it shows almost all of my backlinks as well as my new or lost backlinks. They also have a blog and a lot of tutorials about SEO and online marketing.

Cons

Sometimes, their tools are slow to load.

William D.

A top-notch SEO software!

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

Ahrefs is a powerful all-in-one SEO solution! It is the main tool on our office for SEO related work. The software is a serious tool that helps me to find more ideas, improve my website's performance, track my competitors and achieve high rankings on search engines.

Their Keyword Explorer tool is simply amazing. It helps to find more keywords and to determine if the keywords are worth the effort. The data that I can collect while using Ahrefs is outstanding!

Cons

My only gripe about Ahrefs is its high price tag. But the cost is worth it!

Incredibly powerful resource at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

An incredibly powerful analytics tool. It does require working knowledge of what you are looking at, but with a little expertise Ahrefs is indispensable.

Pros

With a little know-how, Ahrefs is a remarkably powerful tool. The amount of data is immense (as well as up-to-date and trustworthy), and Ahrefs does a lot of the work be providing a multitude of intelligent tools to analyze and interpret the information it spits out. If anything, there's almost too much value here! A necessity for anyone serious about SEO

Cons

This is not a software for beginners. While it's organized in a common-sense way and carefully designed to be as useful as possible, the pure depth of information available makes it intimidating to a new-comer. That being said, they go out of their way to provide useful tools and tips, such as mouse-over explanations of numbers, etc. There's really no way they could make this simpler to use without losing information.

Elaine S.

Feature-rich SEO tool! Ahrefs is so powerful!

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

One of the best software for marketers and business owners.

Pros

In my opinion, it is one of the best SEO software. It provides an all-in-one tool for marketers. It has lots of useful and advanced tools to help marketers like myself. Keyword research is my favorite game and Ahrefs provides tons of relevant keywords every time I use it. It also helps me to write better content and to audit my websites.

Their crawlers are fast and reliable, they can detect new keywords and backlinks of my websites quickly. They have an awesome blog as well. I love reading their tutorials and ideas and they are really helpful! Support is top-notch!

Cons

The only disadvantage I can think of is it is expensive.