Ahrefs

SEO toolset that helps you rank higher and get more traffic.

Joseph S.

Ahrefs has a lot of depth!

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Ahrefs makes short work of diagnosing ranking issues on page and off page. Definitely a powerful tool.

Pros

As a lead generator, I spend a TON of time doing keyword research. Ahrefs does a fantastic job with finding keywords and keyword phrases that have a lot of search volume with lower keyword ranking difficulty.

Cons

Other than it being a bit pricey, there is very little I don't like about this software. If anything, the first day or two was a challenge learning how to generate and export custom CSV's.

Gianfranco C.

Ahrefs is the most useful tool for your SEO and Content Marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Ahrefs is my favorite tool nowadays for everything related to SEO. I cannot live (or at least work) without it.

Pros

I've found Ahrefs to be tremendously convenient and efficient, to run SEO analyses, on your websites, on specific keywords and domains, and also to analyze all competitors.

Cons

There's nothing really that I don't like about Ahrefs.
Maybe they could expand their courses in the "Ahrefs Academy", since last time that I've checked they only had 2 courses: 1) Marketing with Ahrefs 2)Blogging for Business. Having something more advanced like Competitive intelligence, SEO on-page / off-page, and PPC tutorials, would be really an asset.

The "A" in Ahrefs stands for "Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime" - yep, it's that good

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

For both On-site and Off-site SEO, Ahrefs is a must-have tool. Immensely useful.

Pros

Unlike other high-level SEO tools, the full range of ahref's functions is focused on providing you top value. You're provided with a wide range of useful functions, some of them unique to ahrefs (e.g. broken link finder). The value for money here is ridiculously good. Apart from that, I come to the conclusion that ahref's accuracy is just top-notch.

Cons

It's just one of these tools where you're having a damn hard time with finding anything you can dislike. If I'm forced to pick a con, I'll go with price. Yes, ahrefs offers you immense value. But 180 dollars per month for a lower-level plan is still quite a sum.

Marielle V.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Ahrefs is a great SEO tool for every online marketers!

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Pros

I've been using Ahrefs for about two years and it keeps getting better. It helped me and my team achieved higher rankings and as a result, more clients and the ROI is pretty good. Ahrefs is a very powerful SEO tool and here are the advantages of using it.

1. Easy to use.
2. Feature-packed software.
3. It allows me to track my keywords.
4. Accurate rank tracker and backlinks analysis
5. Doing keyword research with it is amazing. It has an amazing feature that helps me to measure the competition.
6. I can see the stats of any websites quickly.
7. They have an amazing blog which can help me and my team to become better.
8. Amazing support.
9. The developers keeps on improving the software.

Cons

I do not see any disadvantages of using it. It has all the tools that we need and we love using it. It is powerful yet easy to learn.

Ahrefs review

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

I have had a very wonderful experience with this software and it is my second after Google analytics and this is because I use Google analytics to get a full insight into my website when it concerns Google search engine and believe it or not, Google analytics offers more indepth analysis of website when you are trying to optimize for Google search engine.

Pros

I like the fact that I can do my keyword research and get the keywords that my competitors who are using Google Keyword planner do not get while doing their keyword research.

I also like the fact that I can get a full audit of my website in full and also know what next steps to take to make my business above my competitors.

Cons

The 7 days free trial is a limited time to ascertain how effective this software can work for you.

Your website need to be indexed for more than a long time to be able to know if the software will work for you or not and as such all your website details will be taken by the software so as to get you a robust analysis of your website.

Muddassar B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Increase Search Traffic and Grow your Business

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

I always track my ranking progress through Ahrefs. I analyze the competitors keywords with my content and then I improve the content of my website. So in this way, I get more users and more sales of the products. My overall experience with Ahrefs is really incredible and I am happy with Ahrefs.

Pros

Ahrefs allows you to be an Search Engine Optimization pro and you can increase the rank of your website in the search engines. You can also get more traffic according to the search keywords of the users. Site audit options are really awesome and you can also analyze your competitors at Ahrefs.

Cons

All tools, features and options of Ahrefs are really professional and easy to use. You can increase your SEO in such a professional way. I am honestly speaking, I never found any issue or problem in any option of Ahrefs. So there are no cons in Ahrefs.

Max T.
  • Industry: Design

Ahrefs - The king of seo tools

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

while it's an essential tool when developing a content plan that is seo focused it comes in at a hefty price, I myself cancel it whenever i dont use it to limit expenses

Pros

when doing keyword research for a new website/new articles you want to use ahrefs. the data is the most precise in the industry (not as accurate as google's obviously but the best you have access to without search console).ahrefs really allows you to see how hard it is to rank for a keyword and how much trafiic there is

Cons

the software is reallly expensive, the basic price comes in at 99/month and this plan only offers you a limited amount of refreshs, if you want to implement ahrefs in a smaller (10 employees) webdesign agency you wuickly find yourself spending $500+ per month.

Jake T.

Essential For Marketers

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Overall, Ahrefs has been an indispensible tool for my company and has afforded us the opportunity to continue to grow and succeed in the online marketplace.

Pros

Ahrefs is easily the most comprehensive, helpful and well-organized tool to help with SEO, check on web rankings, and to find real-time updates for our various sites' links as well as how to improve them. Ahrefs has single-handedly helped improve my company's visibility more than anyone on our team could have imagined. With excellent userface and options to check on the strength of particular domains and keywords, seemingly all of the answers are within Ahrefs.

Cons

I cannot think of any drawback in using ahrefs or in any of the features it offers.

Richard L.
  • Industry: Sports

One word: Powerful!

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

I loved Ahrefs. It is a powerful SEO tool.

Pros

Ahrefs never failes to amaze me. It is definitely a powerful all-in-one SEO tool. It has a lot of features like Keyword Research, Domain Analysis, Content Marketing tool and Keyword Tracking. I've used all of the features and I loved it.

I can quickly input a domain and see all the useful stats like their rankings, number of backlinks, domain rating, top pages and estimated traffic. It really gives me an edge to outperform a certain website and be on top. I also loved their blog, it has lots of tutorials and strategies.

Cons

Expensive. That is the only drawback I can think of.

Nikhil D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Check progress and best for SEO

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I have been using it to give a profitable content to my site. So it would be able to get ranked on google search results with right keywords to generate my products sale. For SEO i think this one is very useful. It also gives a score to site which helps to determine how much good our site is.

Pros

As i help online businesses to grow online all it is through this tool. This tools help me to select the right keywords and give proper detail about that keywords.

Cons

Everything that this tool is providing like AB testing, SEO techinical suggestions and keywords suggestion make it much worthier. thus, there is nothing to be dislike

William D.
  • Industry: Sports

A top-notch SEO software!

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

Ahrefs is a powerful all-in-one SEO solution! It is the main tool on our office for SEO related work. The software is a serious tool that helps me to find more ideas, improve my website's performance, track my competitors and achieve high rankings on search engines.

Their Keyword Explorer tool is simply amazing. It helps to find more keywords and to determine if the keywords are worth the effort. The data that I can collect while using Ahrefs is outstanding!

Cons

My only gripe about Ahrefs is its high price tag. But the cost is worth it!

Cliff D.

Ahrefs for a small digital marketing agency

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

so far I'm super happy. I love the train tutorials that the marketer does and the information I'm learning seems to be falling into place and I'm quite sure I will be able to dominate my local market and help my clients do the same in short order.

Pros

this software has more than I will need to take care of all of my customers needs in a big big way! There is no doubt that after learning to use it in an effective way I will be able to provide a tremendous value and help my clients reach higher rankings at a much faster Pace than my bigger competitors.

Cons

there is a little bit of a learning curve. I don't mind because I have been referred this software many times by many larger organizations.

Priotosh K.

Most powerful market leading SEO tools.

Reviewed on 2020/11/14

If I compare with other tools in the market "Ahrefs" is the best tool. All data in one tool (search volume, backlinks, rankings, or social shares).

Pros

Best Site Audit tool. Especially if you are an SEO Specialist, looking for a quick view of your competitor's backlinks or top keywords. Just copy and paste then see the power of Asrefs. See what data do you see?

Cons

For newbies, this software is on a little bit higher side beside the other software in the market.

No. 1 Tool For SEO

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Overall, Ahrefs is still the best tool for SEO's. You can't do the job properly without it. Moreover, the blog posts are very professional, so as the support.

Pros

Ahrefs is a very versatile software for SEO. Especially for link building campaigns. We have tried other tools like DragonMetrics and Majestic, but we didn't find anything better for our work. Although in the end, it all falls down to what your company does and in what locations.

Cons

Baidu isn't really supported in Ahrefs. Moreover, without covering China, there's no point in checking Baidu results on China. That's why we found Dragon Metrics doing a great job for covering China. Secondly, Ahrefs isn't that good for analyzing SERP's from the traffic and CTR standpoint the way Dragon Metrics does.

Jabi S.

Best SEO Tool by far

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

They have the biggest KW data base on the market, constantly updating
They are really fast crawnling the internet
The Contet Explorer is a really good tool for content marketers
Their link crawling time is faster and their link data size is better than majestic and so much faster and better than moz

Cons

Even what you get totally worth it at the end of the day the tool is quite expensive. Even so the Lite plan could be good for a starter.

Hank P.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Ahrefs for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

The benefits of Ahrefs is that it provides us with good, detailed insights to a Website FAST. This helps us to see if there are SEO issues that we can address for a company/business. That helps because sometimes it's not actually the Website or SEO consultant that is the issue. Sometimes it's another issue at the business. But, if it's an SEO issue, Ahrefs will help you to put a finger on it quickly.

Pros

Our team uses Ahrefs to analyze Websites that we are proposing take over strategies for managing and providing new SEO services. We love the information that Ahrefs provides and how it helps us to see if the issues a company is experiencing are in fact issues with their Website set up and SEO. It also helps us to focus our proposals.

Cons

Ahrefs is a pretty sophisticated tool and can get complex. If the user is not experienced with SEO it will be too much. But, if you are an experienced SEO consultant / manager, you will like it!

Casey C.

Excellent SEO Tool !

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

I love how in depth you can go in this tool - seeing the most recent referring domains for your site and your competitors. It also helps me find 404 links I wouldn't normally be able to find. The site audit it extremely through.

Cons

None at this time. I prefer using ahrefs and one other SEO tool to cross confirm results but overall this is a must in my SEO arsonal.

Nick F.

Anything You Need For SEO... Use Ahrefs

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

My favorite feature of Ahrefs is the keywords explorer and site explorer. The keyword explorer gives you critical data for search terms and will help you write a more effective piece for search engines. Content marketing can be improved tremendously by using this tool. Site Explorer also gives you a quality view of a site's overall link profile.

Cons

Nothing! I use Ahrefs every day. There are a lot of different tools within this software so it takes a little while to become familiar with them and learn them.

Jonathan D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Ahrefs Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Ahrefs is a great tool and every marketer should be using it. I have been able to help many of my clients get new leads and rank on Google by finding the right keywords to write about by using this tool.

Pros

I love this tool! Ahrefs is great to do competitor research, come up with ideas for content pieces, and to see what opportunists you have to rank on Google.

Cons

The only con I would have is that the tool is a little expensive if you are a one person show. I work at an agency so I have free access but the price is a little high if I had to buy it on my own.

Tyler B.

A great SEO tool that's only getting better

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

A critical piece of any SEO's toolkit.

Pros

aHrefs is the industry standard for link research. In my mind, it's outpaced Moz, with high-quality link crawling and a robust feature set, and if it gets better with tracked keywords, can come for SEMRush too.

Cons

Inability to track keywords reliably means it's still catching up to SEMRush in some ways.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great for SEO Strategy but Takes Some to Get Going

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Once we managed to get accustomed to the interface, it was easy to quickly do keyword research and assess gaps and opportunities in our keyword strategy. The widget made assessment quick and easy - and something that made it easy to communicate to those outside of the marketing department. Ahrefs built-in keyword tools, like 'also rank for' and 'search suggestions' made our analysis efforts much easier so we could focus on other components of our SEO strategies.

Pros

The best part of the softward is that it doesn't take a big monetary investment to get started. It was about $7 to get started on a trail and then about $100 per month. Once up and running the tools and interface are really solid. We primarily used it for technical SEO and keyword research. In both instances we felt that Ahrefs delivered a solid product at a good price point.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuiting or user friendly as we had hoped. While that doesn't take away from the overall quality of Ahrefs, it took me a little more time to get up and running, in comparison to other competitors.

Brandon W.

The Best Solution on the Market, Almost Too Many Features

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Great product, fortunately, I had a colleague teach me how to use some features to do my work successfully.

Pros

It's the most trusted and valued SEO tool for content marketers to do keyword research and see which keywords your site already ranks for. I'm not an expert in the software, but there is a lot more functionality than I use for my work.

Cons

There is almost too many features built into Ahrefs because it there are a lot of menu items that I don't use, or know what they do. It's a blessing and a curse because it is the most comprehensive solution, but with too much functionality available, do marketers get full value from the software?

Best dataset around, but increasingly expensive

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

So much data to make use of. Easily the most advanced dataset for SEOs anywhere on the market.

Cons

The plans continuously get more and more expensive, and features are slowly limited or cut back on for existing subscribers. Feels like they're targeting the high-end agency market, but in the process are alienating a lot of smaller businesses.

The Best SEO Tool I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

Almost everything, the metrics are accurate, the keyword positions, organic keywords data, competing domains feature and my all time favourite "site audit"

Cons

Sometimes the data is not accurate in the broken links report, apart from that, it's cool!

This is the best SEO tool. Nothing comes close.

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Pros

Ahrefs is the bar in the world of SEO. They are the gold standard. Backlinks, Keywords, Audits, etc. You name it, Ahrefs does it pretty freaking well. If you do anything SEO related, you need to look at this.

Cons

Price. Keeps getting more and more expensive while lower plans are literally useless.