HiMama Reviews

HiMama

Child care app for documentation and parent engagement

4.5/5 (494 reviews)

We could not be happier!

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

We have been using Himama for over a year we could not be happier! Parents love the value and the extra channel of communication that they get with the easy with the ability to send messages directly to the classroom teacher. My teachers are able to send pictures, videos and update parents on how their child is doing. Over all this application was one of the best investments we made at our Daycare, and I can truly say that no other app compares to Himama.

Pros

how easy it is to use it and how fast my teachers can input the child's information thought the day

Cons

there are a couple of options that I wish could be a little easier, which i have noted on the advice box.

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

HiMama has been very well received at all three of my Little Sprouts Learning Centers. Parents are thrilled to see their children interacting in class and feel reassured to see their child settled into the program just minutes after leaving the classroom. This was especially appreciated by our new parents, as well as parents whose children were starting school for the first time.

Prior to HiMama, families received a monthly newsletter with photos, information on our monthly theme, reminders, birthdays and important upcoming dates. Now with a click of a button, the classroom teacher can send this information to parents anytime. The ability to keep updates current has helped parents ensure they are not missing important news, are less likely to forget upcoming events, and also allows them extra time to plan and prepare.

Parents find the program extremely handy as they can speak directly to the teacher through the HiMama message system. Often times moms and dads are on the run and not always able to chat during drop off and pick up, or throughout the day. HiMama keeps everyone connected, by allowing parents to send a quick message to the classroom teacher at their convenience.

Customer service at HiMama is very good and parents have found Caroline very efficient and helpful should they come across any issues. As the owner of Little Sprouts I feel the overall customer service has been excellent right from the beginning, and appreciate Ron's support in setting the system up with me back in February 2014.

Areas I would like to see improved would be to have the option to send a message to a specific group of families. Currently the options are one family or the entire classroom. I would also like the option to put music to the photos so that a DVD could be created of the child's school year. Access to all the school photos would be a wonderful option as currently we have to go into each child's report to see the entire group of class photos. Although the classroom journal does show a few pictures, I would like to be able to see all of these photos as a running stream.

Thank you to Ron and the staff at HiMama! You have made a wonderful difference to the parents and families at Little Sprouts, and I can't thank you enough!

Best reporting system.out there!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017

We tried many other reporting systems for our school to severyone and communicate with our parents but Hi Mama has been hands down our favorite and our parents love it! As a director/owner of my childcare center my personal.favorite feature is that our super odors can review each entry for each student on reports overview and see if there are excited tries missing before the report get sent out to parents. We love using the observations tools to attach skills observed to pics and videos of students to help parents know more about their child's day and what they are learning. We also use the notes section for reminders and to list a few of our Learning skills from the Daily lesson plan to keep parents informed about what lessons were taught. We love Hi Mama and we would highly recommend this to you!

Pros

Reports overview feature to see all students activities in one classroom to see any missing entries.

HiMama app

Reviewed on 8/27/2018

Benefits as a parent are stated in the Pros section above but mostly, it's having a consistent and electronic log of the days for reference (and for enjoyment with pics).

Pros

I liked that we are able to receive updates throughout the day (there is the capability but teachers don't always use it) and mostly the pictures/videos! It makes you feel like you know what is really happening during the day. I also like that there is an electronic journal that you can refer back to at any time. I also like the ease of being able to communicate to the teachers through the app and that administration is able to see any of that back and forth.

Cons

The pictures and videos were blurry, especially when downloading. Also not sure if the videos are limited to :06 or that's just what the teachers did. I also think that the auto-population for food makes it less likely that the teachers actually update appropriately.

Himama is very user friendly and makes our job easier at our daycare centre.

Reviewed on 7/26/2018

Easier communication and connection with parents at our child care centre.

Pros

It is easy to understand and use. They are constantly updating the features to make them better. The app works well on a variety of devices and the software is also quite visually bright and engaging. The customer support is wonderful, they always get back to you quickly and with comprehensive answers.

Cons

If we had to pick one thing, it would be the reset time for the classes. Sometimes if children are signed out and reports sent late in the day, the next morning the class still isn't reset to start over, and then we have to manually check students back in.

Overall, a good software and love that I can get the daily reports for my kids electronically.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Pros - getting pictures of the daily activities, knowing what my kids eat in a day and how much and what was offered even if they didn't eat it. Being notified if diapers/wipes, etc are needed, however a couple days notice of "running low" might be good as I sometimes forget to bring the item on the following day care day, especially if it's over a weekend. I do love the emails that we receive through the app regarding things going on at the centre. It is so much better than either word of mouth or having to locate the information on a bulletin board or something like that.

Cons - some of the teachers are not as thorough as others with providing details of the day. I never receive pictures of one of my sons in the preschool room but I receive a lot of my other son in the toddler room (which I like to receive the pictures).

It might be good to list if there was a incident in the app as well, instead of finding out about it when we pick up our kids and then having to sign the report at that time. Maybe there is a way to use electronic signature/response with the incident reports. Have the report in the daily report for the kids and then the parents have to click on a button within the incident report to acknowledge that they are aware of the incident and the measures taken to make it better (just like the paper copies). That would also lessen the burden of the teachers at the end of the day (when it's crazy busy) to have to get a parent to read and sign the incident report. I understand that parents might not respond to the report in the app. If that's the case, if the app is 2-way (as in the teacher can see that the parent has either responded or not by the time they pick up their kids) then the teacher can have the parent read the report at the time of pick up.

Nice app to keep track of your child's day

Reviewed on 12/17/2018

Pros

I like that we get the daily updates, it shows usually a picture of the child doing the activity, and then what they did that day, and what they ate and how long they napped for, etc.

Cons

I know times are busy for the daycare staff, so not always can they put an update on the app. but I guess the con is, if i make a comment on in the app, i don't get notified if the comment was sent to my child... it would be nice to maybe know that the comment i made about a picture or something was relayed to the child.

very user friendly

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

Pros

I like the way i can give access to different personals and different rights to different persons.
I can see what my son is doing whole day with continuous updates of photo/video.
I can message his care provider and get message from his care provider.
Any other updates related to him is centered at one place. I don't need to dig/search my email box for any updates from his care provider.

Cons

I didn't explore this app too much so I am not sure if this feature is already present.

I would like to categorize notifications. I don't like to get all notification for his regular photo/video upload. but on the other hand I would like to receive notification for critical information. for e.g. information for some upcoming event, child sickness etc. so if I turn off notification from app I dont get any notification.

Awesome Communication Tool

Reviewed on 11/21/2018

I have been using HiMama as a parent for over a year through my childcare provider. It is an amazing tool to track the daily activities of my child, including her meals and snacks, bathroom routines and naps, and her ongoing learning and activities. The use of pictures and videos with the descriptions is really awesome. The layout of information, whether through the app or website, is also easy to follow. I am a huge fan!

Pros

I love the ease-of-access through the website and the app. HiMama allows me to remain in contact with my childcare provider and easily see/view activities throughout the day.

Cons

Sometimes the app randomly signs me out, which can be a bit annoying, so I have to wait for the end-of-day report to arrive.

Best technology move ever!

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

The HI MAMA app has not only enabled our families to see what their child is doing each day, it has allowed our educators to have MORE hands on time with the children! The app is so quick and easy to fill out; it is much preferred to written daily reports. It meets our Quality Assurance measures, makes families happier (as they can see their child busy with happy faces) and allows me as Supervisor to see at a glance who is in, what reports are done, and keep track of the families using it and checking in! By far, the easiest and best piece of technology we have invested in!!

Pros

ease of use, families see what their child is doing daily, allows us to enter development goals, menus etc.

Cons

Although there are improvements daily, there is still some things we would appreciate being added

Hi Mama

Reviewed on 2/28/2019

Pros

My daughters daycare uses Hi Mama. We love seeing all of the pictures that are added, milestones, as well as what she eats throughout the day, and how much. As a parent, we often worry if they're eating enough while were not around or what they are up to. This helps us see the activities and meals throughout the day.
We also like seeing how often she has been changed so that we can be on the same page as the daycare in terms of knowing wet diapers etc.

Cons

At times, it is slow in sending notifications through email. I also wish that the app had some kind of Icon on it to know that there were new items added because sometimes I miss the notification the app sends and I dont see anything on the App Icon itself. These are minor things that could be improved.

Practical and easy to use

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

HiMama effectively meets all our needs as childcare providers - it is simple to use and functional for our work environment. It has been greatly beneficial to promoting open communication between staff and parents, providing many opportunities for positive interaction throughout the day.

Pros

I love how quick and easy it is to check children in/out, log daily activities, and keep in contact with parents. Having all my necessary features in one app is super convenient! I also like that I can access the app from multiple devices and log in at any time.

Cons

The app tends to crash often, this can be frustrating in the middle of a log. As well, program planning can be finicky/difficult to use when on mobile or tablet - we have had issues with this feature not saving work once the app is closed or if the app crashes.

I am a daily user, I receive reports daily for my son and also use the software as a teacher

Reviewed on 5/11/2018

Pros

I love that I am able to complete my lesson plans and include pa standards for months out. It is easy to keep track of all of my students and communicate with their parents. I also love being able to track my students progress and growth in my room. I love it as a parent because I get to communicate with my son's teachers, see his daily activity, how long he napped, what he ate, they even send pictures of him throughout the day.

Cons

It gets a little tricky syncing information that we input on multiply devices, so we are constantly having to refresh when using it from the web browser.

Best Communitcation Tool Ever

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

Using the Hi Mama app has been great. The staff finds it easy to use in comparison to writing everything by hand every day. The support when we have an issue has also been great. When we email the response is fast and easy to implement.
The parents can not say enough good stuff about the app. They love the photos throughout the day and the fact that they have the menu available to them when meal planning for at home.
The price is also very affordable and it is worth every penny.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn how to use it. We have quite a few supply staff and they all have been able to master inputting the information when are covering for a full-time staff.

Cons

My Staff tells me that the domains for the Toddlers are not useful. Also, it would be handy sometimes if there was a blank space to put in their own idea, such as the mood for the day.

Easy to use, would have loved to be able to do more with this ap

Reviewed on 5/14/2018

Could see my child and all the activities she was involved in daily. It allowed me to keep track of what type of food she was given, and wether they went outside or not during the day. Gave me the peace of mind I needed to go back to work

Pros

Allows me to see my child's activity and keep track of her bowel movements (She had issues with this from birth) and if she is eating well, as well as her mood, so I could expect wether she needed an earlier (or later) bedtime.

Cons

I could not respond or comment "live" often switched to just text the care giver. Sometimes I want to comment right on a picture, and I wasn't able to- or zoom in etc. to see if my child was wearing sox for example. Would have loved to download reports to see how my child was developing week-by week.

HiMama Child Care App

Reviewed on 8/30/2018

I love this app and hope there can be more added on. I love seeing the meals that posted on and how much he ate. and seeing the photos that are sent to me; like seeing how happy he is and how much fun hes having, I like being part of the group on the app.
And when picking up or dropping off my son I like seeing how great the teachers are. its such a positive environment, and love seeing how my son is comfortable just walking in.

Pros

Everything that my son is eating and the pictures that are send to me of what hes up too. Its so great to see that when i'm not around.

Cons

Not knowing when and what time how long my son napped during the day.

Gets the job done with seeing what my kids are doing during the day.

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

I like how I receive updates on what my children are doing through out the day. I especially love pictures and videos that are posted.

Cons

When teachers want to communicate with me during the day using the software, their messages come up through email only, and not through the app. Wish there was an alert or notification that popped up on the app as well, as I am not able to check my email much throughout the day but can check the app. I also wish there was a way to save the pictures and videos of my kids to my phone.

Overall a great app!

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

Overall our experience has been very positive and we enjoy using the app. We also messaged the support team about the delay in loading and had a quick, friendly and informative response.

Pros

Its great to have access to your child's activities, photos and status throughout the day. Its also great to have an archive of these photos/ activities. Its also great that you can use the app to correspond with the teacher/ administration group for quick and easy updates.

Cons

I note that at times the pictures/ reports can be delayed in loading.

Easy to stay connected

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

Pros

The HiMama app offers such a great resource as a parent to stay connected to my child’s teacher’s, seeing what he’s learning and even photos of all the fun he is having. Access to the calendar and lesson plans also helps me plan ahead and supplement further activity at home and ask thoughtful questions of my child about what he is learning each week.

Cons

The latest update to the app has made all the awesome desktop features now easily available on mobile for a much improved user experience.

Great App! Wish we could do more

Reviewed on 12/20/2016

We do enjoy our Hi Mama program, there are a few things that we would like to be able to do with it though. Being able to print off toileting chart for the week so that we don't have to keep a written copy as well as logging it on Hi Mama, we just discovered that we can print off sleep checks so that is helpful. It would be nice if we could do that for snacks and meals as well. Getting our tablets to create collages and the right size to download is sometimes tricky. It has been helpful that we have your support to go in and fix mistakes when we discover them from your end. We wish that we could add more than one picture to an activity and we wish that sometimes there would be a blank domain section so that we can list what skill we are working on if it's not something listed.

Pros

The ease of adding snacks and lunch and sleep times all at once is great.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more than 1 photo
Would like to be able to print off toileting charts each day or every week as well as snacks and lunches
Would like to be able to have blank sections under domains, skills so that we can add our own info as sometimes they don't always have what we are looking for.

Nice app! Hope to see it grow.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

I use the HiMama app to know about what my niece is up to at her day care. I stay in India and my niece is currently residing in the US. So, the app is an amazing way to see her in action, DAILY! Its a real pleasure looking at her photographs and getting to know how she is spending her time. All-in-all, the app is truly serving its purpose.

Pros

I love the basic design of this app - the photos and the daily report. The photos are of good quality which makes the experience even better. I can even post comments which is another feature that I enjoy.

Cons

One feature that has bothered me is the navigation aspect. At times, when I try to scroll a photo down to see the comments posted, I am directed to a blank page. I really hope this gets fixed and navigating is made smoother.

7.0/10

HiMama is a great app that keeps me in touch and updated with my child while at daycare.

Reviewed on 5/17/2018

I appreciate that I am constantly kept in the loop with my children. I also appreciate the end of day report. It helps me to know when my child has been signed out.

Pros

I love getting her pictures throughout the day. I also appreciate the updates on her restroom habits. It helps me to know what we need to work on.

Cons

I hate the fact that I can't save the pictures to my phone. I understand that perhaps it could be a security issue due to the fact that often times the pictures include other children.

HiMama review

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

Overall I am pleased with the app. I get to see real time report of my child and activities and the pictures too.

Pros

I like the outline and how themes are well laid out. I am pleased with the display of information and pictures of my child

Cons

I don’t like the fact that the app does not keep history of my child’s daily record. It seems when new journal Is entered it overwrites the previous day. Except if this functionality already exist and I have not been able to figure it.

Great program

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

Himama is easy to use for teachers. It has great features, and parents love it. It gives parents a daily report with important information, such as nap info, meal info, bathroom info, and pictures for activities. We also do a write up of the day, so parents know how their child's day goes. It is a great communication tool, and I recommend this program to all childcare providers.

Pros

Great for sharing daily data

Reviewed on 6/19/2018

Pros

I love that I was able to see how my child was doing each day at daycare. I could track their progress throughout the day when I was busy at work. It helped me feel like I was still involved in their day.

Cons

I wish I was able to directly message the daycare teacher on the software. I also wish there were specific features for each child if they are working on a certain skill that others in the class aren't necessarily working on.