HiMama Reviews

HiMama

Child care app for documentation and parent engagement

4.5/5 (792 reviews)

Easy Great App

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Pros

HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Cons

I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

Amy C.

Game changer for our Child Care!

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

The Sales team and customer service are AWESOME! My sales rep still checks in to make make sure we do not need anything. The webinars and help center are so in depth and helpful! They have Educators on staff to make sure it is teacher friendly! I think that in itself speaks very highly for the company!

Pros

Hi Mama is very easy to learn and train staff on. It is set up so our teachers and staff are saving time in entering information and using their time to be with the children! Their messaging system is easy to use and very fast! We were able to both text and email parents when snow hit and we needed to close early. Our Parent and Teacher communication have grown considerably!

Cons

There are a few options we really need like CACFP collecting. As a child care using the Food Program it would save me a ton of time weekly by having a printable report. I also really do not like the check in process. It is a list of names which is a problem for some parents. We have a group of Foster children that should not be on a list seen by everyone so we are currently not able to use this function. I really wish they would let parents enter a 4 digit code and check in all their children at one time. This would also allow security and no list to scroll through!

Cynthia O.

We could not be happier!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been using Himama for over a year we could not be happier! Parents love the value and the extra channel of communication that they get with the easy with the ability to send messages directly to the classroom teacher. My teachers are able to send pictures, videos and update parents on how their child is doing. Over all this application was one of the best investments we made at our Daycare, and I can truly say that no other app compares to Himama.

Pros

how easy it is to use it and how fast my teachers can input the child's information thought the day

Cons

there are a couple of options that I wish could be a little easier, which i have noted on the advice box.

Kimberley K.

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

HiMama has been very well received at all three of my Little Sprouts Learning Centers. Parents are thrilled to see their children interacting in class and feel reassured to see their child settled into the program just minutes after leaving the classroom. This was especially appreciated by our new parents, as well as parents whose children were starting school for the first time.

Prior to HiMama, families received a monthly newsletter with photos, information on our monthly theme, reminders, birthdays and important upcoming dates. Now with a click of a button, the classroom teacher can send this information to parents anytime. The ability to keep updates current has helped parents ensure they are not missing important news, are less likely to forget upcoming events, and also allows them extra time to plan and prepare.

Parents find the program extremely handy as they can speak directly to the teacher through the HiMama message system. Often times moms and dads are on the run and not always able to chat during drop off and pick up, or throughout the day. HiMama keeps everyone connected, by allowing parents to send a quick message to the classroom teacher at their convenience.

Customer service at HiMama is very good and parents have found Caroline very efficient and helpful should they come across any issues. As the owner of Little Sprouts I feel the overall customer service has been excellent right from the beginning, and appreciate Ron's support in setting the system up with me back in February 2014.

Areas I would like to see improved would be to have the option to send a message to a specific group of families. Currently the options are one family or the entire classroom. I would also like the option to put music to the photos so that a DVD could be created of the child's school year. Access to all the school photos would be a wonderful option as currently we have to go into each child's report to see the entire group of class photos. Although the classroom journal does show a few pictures, I would like to be able to see all of these photos as a running stream.

Thank you to Ron and the staff at HiMama! You have made a wonderful difference to the parents and families at Little Sprouts, and I can't thank you enough!

Stephanie S.

Best reporting system.out there!

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

We tried many other reporting systems for our school to severyone and communicate with our parents but Hi Mama has been hands down our favorite and our parents love it! As a director/owner of my childcare center my personal.favorite feature is that our super odors can review each entry for each student on reports overview and see if there are excited tries missing before the report get sent out to parents. We love using the observations tools to attach skills observed to pics and videos of students to help parents know more about their child's day and what they are learning. We also use the notes section for reminders and to list a few of our Learning skills from the Daily lesson plan to keep parents informed about what lessons were taught. We love Hi Mama and we would highly recommend this to you!

Pros

Reports overview feature to see all students activities in one classroom to see any missing entries.

HiMama app

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Benefits as a parent are stated in the Pros section above but mostly, it's having a consistent and electronic log of the days for reference (and for enjoyment with pics).

Pros

I liked that we are able to receive updates throughout the day (there is the capability but teachers don't always use it) and mostly the pictures/videos! It makes you feel like you know what is really happening during the day. I also like that there is an electronic journal that you can refer back to at any time. I also like the ease of being able to communicate to the teachers through the app and that administration is able to see any of that back and forth.

Cons

The pictures and videos were blurry, especially when downloading. Also not sure if the videos are limited to :06 or that's just what the teachers did. I also think that the auto-population for food makes it less likely that the teachers actually update appropriately.

Karreecha N.

Hi Mamma! How are ya?

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Having an effective childcare management system to keep records, record payments, capture the lives of children & teachers have been a blessing and especially beneficial to anyone involved in childcare centers. This is the best thing since sliced bread.

Pros

This software makes life in childcare centers so much easier and efficient. This software makes the lives of teachers and administrative staff EASY while trying to capture day to day activities that children are involved in. What I like most about the software is that the activities are instantly recorded for parents to share in the experience of their little ones.

Cons

The software is kind of expensive and took a while to really perfect use of it. If you're really going to get more bang for your buck, you have got to do a good job at keeping really good records. If you don't put your data into the system, you're subject to miss something.

Katie M.

Lucky Mom

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

I love getting to feel like I have an inside scoop to my little guy’s day - menu, diaper changes, naps, and photos of play. I have some friends whose daycares use a log book, but I get to catch this info in real time from my phone at work and don’t have to wait until pickup to hear about it. Honestly, it was a huge factor in keeping me going through the emotional trial of going back to work and leaving him at a full time centre.

Cons

It does this weird thing where you can’t enlarge a picture once you click on it (phone version). I had some trouble in the beginning as software was being updated too, missing emails etc. but the support staff was surprisingly responsive and most of the problems were alleviated by just keeping the app on my phone and not relying on the email service.

Amanda C.

Himama is very user friendly and makes our job easier at our daycare centre.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easier communication and connection with parents at our child care centre.

Pros

It is easy to understand and use. They are constantly updating the features to make them better. The app works well on a variety of devices and the software is also quite visually bright and engaging. The customer support is wonderful, they always get back to you quickly and with comprehensive answers.

Cons

If we had to pick one thing, it would be the reset time for the classes. Sometimes if children are signed out and reports sent late in the day, the next morning the class still isn't reset to start over, and then we have to manually check students back in.

Angela N.

Glad we have it.

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

When we first signed up, we received an update/summary at the end of each day for our children. If teachers had a question or a note to send home, they could do so through this program and those notifications showed up in an email. Now that I have the HiMama app on my smart phone, I enjoy it even more because I receive updates throughout the day about my children. Using the app or simply logging into the website, you have the option to also message your child's teachers throughout the day. This program, whether you have the app on your phone or not, is a great way to stay connected while you are away from your child.

Cons

It takes time to learn how to navigate the site. Otherwise, no complaints as of yet.

Allyson P.

HiMama gives me peace of mind

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

I love that I can stay up to date on my daughter when she's at school during the day. From what, when and how much she eats to the activities she does throughout the day, I feel like I'm in the know from the moment I drop her off to the time I pick her up at the end of the day. I especially love that her teachers can send us photos and videos so we can actually see her in real time. As a working mom, I can't praise this app enough for giving me peace of mind.

Cons

I have no cons. This app has been such a blessing for us. I have other friends that get written reports at the of the day - I can't imagine having to wait all day for these kinds of updates.

Jennifer M.

Overall, a good software and love that I can get the daily reports for my kids electronically.

Reviewed on 2015/10/28

Pros - getting pictures of the daily activities, knowing what my kids eat in a day and how much and what was offered even if they didn't eat it. Being notified if diapers/wipes, etc are needed, however a couple days notice of "running low" might be good as I sometimes forget to bring the item on the following day care day, especially if it's over a weekend. I do love the emails that we receive through the app regarding things going on at the centre. It is so much better than either word of mouth or having to locate the information on a bulletin board or something like that.

Cons - some of the teachers are not as thorough as others with providing details of the day. I never receive pictures of one of my sons in the preschool room but I receive a lot of my other son in the toddler room (which I like to receive the pictures).

It might be good to list if there was a incident in the app as well, instead of finding out about it when we pick up our kids and then having to sign the report at that time. Maybe there is a way to use electronic signature/response with the incident reports. Have the report in the daily report for the kids and then the parents have to click on a button within the incident report to acknowledge that they are aware of the incident and the measures taken to make it better (just like the paper copies). That would also lessen the burden of the teachers at the end of the day (when it's crazy busy) to have to get a parent to read and sign the incident report. I understand that parents might not respond to the report in the app. If that's the case, if the app is 2-way (as in the teacher can see that the parent has either responded or not by the time they pick up their kids) then the teacher can have the parent read the report at the time of pick up.

Nice app to keep track of your child's day

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

I like that we get the daily updates, it shows usually a picture of the child doing the activity, and then what they did that day, and what they ate and how long they napped for, etc.

Cons

I know times are busy for the daycare staff, so not always can they put an update on the app. but I guess the con is, if i make a comment on in the app, i don't get notified if the comment was sent to my child... it would be nice to maybe know that the comment i made about a picture or something was relayed to the child.

very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Pros

I like the way i can give access to different personals and different rights to different persons.
I can see what my son is doing whole day with continuous updates of photo/video.
I can message his care provider and get message from his care provider.
Any other updates related to him is centered at one place. I don't need to dig/search my email box for any updates from his care provider.

Cons

I didn't explore this app too much so I am not sure if this feature is already present.

I would like to categorize notifications. I don't like to get all notification for his regular photo/video upload. but on the other hand I would like to receive notification for critical information. for e.g. information for some upcoming event, child sickness etc. so if I turn off notification from app I dont get any notification.

Stephen W.

Awesome Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

I have been using HiMama as a parent for over a year through my childcare provider. It is an amazing tool to track the daily activities of my child, including her meals and snacks, bathroom routines and naps, and her ongoing learning and activities. The use of pictures and videos with the descriptions is really awesome. The layout of information, whether through the app or website, is also easy to follow. I am a huge fan!

Pros

I love the ease-of-access through the website and the app. HiMama allows me to remain in contact with my childcare provider and easily see/view activities throughout the day.

Cons

Sometimes the app randomly signs me out, which can be a bit annoying, so I have to wait for the end-of-day report to arrive.

Karen C.

Best technology move ever!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

The HI MAMA app has not only enabled our families to see what their child is doing each day, it has allowed our educators to have MORE hands on time with the children! The app is so quick and easy to fill out; it is much preferred to written daily reports. It meets our Quality Assurance measures, makes families happier (as they can see their child busy with happy faces) and allows me as Supervisor to see at a glance who is in, what reports are done, and keep track of the families using it and checking in! By far, the easiest and best piece of technology we have invested in!!

Pros

ease of use, families see what their child is doing daily, allows us to enter development goals, menus etc.

Cons

Although there are improvements daily, there is still some things we would appreciate being added

Colin H.

Hi Mama

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

My daughters daycare uses Hi Mama. We love seeing all of the pictures that are added, milestones, as well as what she eats throughout the day, and how much. As a parent, we often worry if they're eating enough while were not around or what they are up to. This helps us see the activities and meals throughout the day.
We also like seeing how often she has been changed so that we can be on the same page as the daycare in terms of knowing wet diapers etc.

Cons

At times, it is slow in sending notifications through email. I also wish that the app had some kind of Icon on it to know that there were new items added because sometimes I miss the notification the app sends and I dont see anything on the App Icon itself. These are minor things that could be improved.

Shelby H.

Love HiMama app

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

Starting both my babies as infants in daycare is a hard transition for new mom going back to work. I really loved feeling like I had the freedom to access what was going on in their day from reports. I knew who would be sleepy or cranky based on their day. I knew who ate well or was being picky so I could make good choices for my kids based on what I read from the app. I love good communication and this is such a valuable tool for any teacher/parent.

Cons

Not sure tbh I didnt have any issues. It did take me a little but to navigate at first but that happens with all new apps.

Jessica D.

Practical and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

HiMama effectively meets all our needs as childcare providers - it is simple to use and functional for our work environment. It has been greatly beneficial to promoting open communication between staff and parents, providing many opportunities for positive interaction throughout the day.

Pros

I love how quick and easy it is to check children in/out, log daily activities, and keep in contact with parents. Having all my necessary features in one app is super convenient! I also like that I can access the app from multiple devices and log in at any time.

Cons

The app tends to crash often, this can be frustrating in the middle of a log. As well, program planning can be finicky/difficult to use when on mobile or tablet - we have had issues with this feature not saving work once the app is closed or if the app crashes.

Asia M.

I am a daily user, I receive reports daily for my son and also use the software as a teacher

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

I love that I am able to complete my lesson plans and include pa standards for months out. It is easy to keep track of all of my students and communicate with their parents. I also love being able to track my students progress and growth in my room. I love it as a parent because I get to communicate with my son's teachers, see his daily activity, how long he napped, what he ate, they even send pictures of him throughout the day.

Cons

It gets a little tricky syncing information that we input on multiply devices, so we are constantly having to refresh when using it from the web browser.

Kyla V.

Great for Parents

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Overall we've been really happy with the app.

Pros

Being able to check on my daughter during the day. Having a report summarizing her day is great when we don't always have a chance to chat with teachers at the end of the day. It's also a great tool for communicating with the directors and teachers. We can easily send a note letting them know my daughter will be out sick.

Cons

There seems to be a pretty big delay getting notifications. I'll go into the app unprompted sometimes and see pictures that I didn't get notified about. It could be 20 minutes later before I actually get a notification.

7.0/10
Rachel S.

Easy to navigate, clear user interface

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

The push notifications for updates are great. It's great getting updates throughout the day, and a report at the end detailing the activities. It doesn't have notifications for when another parent sends a message via their version of the app, but ideally that coordination happens IRL. I can see how that would be redundant otherwise.

Cons

The older version seemed a bit more clunky. No issues with the current version.

Kendra R.

Amazing for keeping parents up to date!

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

It great method to keep teachers and parent communication open in our busy lives

Pros

I love that I can see pictures of my children while I'm at work. I can communicate with the teachers easily about anything. I love seeing what my children ate that day and how much and see if they tried any new foods!

Cons

Sometimes it take a while to load activity. It will say there is a photo or something waiting but won't show me when i open up the app.

Sandra M.

Best Communitcation Tool Ever

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Using the Hi Mama app has been great. The staff finds it easy to use in comparison to writing everything by hand every day. The support when we have an issue has also been great. When we email the response is fast and easy to implement.
The parents can not say enough good stuff about the app. They love the photos throughout the day and the fact that they have the menu available to them when meal planning for at home.
The price is also very affordable and it is worth every penny.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn how to use it. We have quite a few supply staff and they all have been able to master inputting the information when are covering for a full-time staff.

Cons

My Staff tells me that the domains for the Toddlers are not useful. Also, it would be handy sometimes if there was a blank space to put in their own idea, such as the mood for the day.

Alma O.

Easy to use, would have loved to be able to do more with this ap

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Could see my child and all the activities she was involved in daily. It allowed me to keep track of what type of food she was given, and wether they went outside or not during the day. Gave me the peace of mind I needed to go back to work

Pros

Allows me to see my child's activity and keep track of her bowel movements (She had issues with this from birth) and if she is eating well, as well as her mood, so I could expect wether she needed an earlier (or later) bedtime.

Cons

I could not respond or comment "live" often switched to just text the care giver. Sometimes I want to comment right on a picture, and I wasn't able to- or zoom in etc. to see if my child was wearing sox for example. Would have loved to download reports to see how my child was developing week-by week.