HiMama Reviews

HiMama

Child care app for documentation and parent engagement

4.5/5 (926 reviews)
Heather S.

Saves me time and money

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Cons

Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

June H.

Communication Breakthrough!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue.

HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff.

As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Pros

The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families.

Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Cons

A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

Sarah L.

Himama at Heatherwood

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

We have had a great experience, and feel like there have been regular updates that make the program better. The technical support is amazing and we were able to help push through the "parent sign in" feature that supported us through changing state regulations.

Pros

Communicates between signing in and classroom tablets, the app is great for parents, easy to do number checks for classrooms and to have kids "visit" classrooms when condensing at end of night.

Cons

The developmental stages are a little " cookie cutter"

Doris G.

Great app to have

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

This app has improved our communication with our parents/guardians. It has saved a lot of administration time in keeping track of children's hours, staff hours and communicating to parents regarding their child's progress, needs, and programming. Parents are feeling more connected with what is going on in their child's learning and development. Parents and extended family members enjoy the photo journal updates.
I always feel like HiMama are listening to their members as they are always implementing new features and improvements to their app.

Pros

The versatility of the HiMama tools and how it helped us with record keeping and connecting with the parents, staff and children with their progress and developmental needs. It has helped tremendously on lessen administration time with invoicing, attendance record, and staff time records. It also have features such as the meal calendar, event calendar and programming chart allowing more connection with the parents and staff.

Cons

We wish there was like a parents chat group that could be developed within the app. I know there is probably a video teaching parents how to use the app but I would say a high percentage of parents do not realize the capability/features of the app. For example, we had a parent who thought if she commented on a picture it was going to mass produce to everyone in the daycare. I guess there should be more incentive in learning about the features of the app.

Lindsay L.

Very Satisfied With HiMama

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Pros

I love the interactions we can have with parents. As a parent who has children in a centre that uses HiMama I love learning about my children's day and see what they have been up to. As a coordinator I love that we are able to show parents what is going on how and show how their child(ren) are/is learning.

Cons

There isn't any huge issues. Sometimes I wish we could save items in the app and send them when we are in wifi. Sometimes things aren't sent because of internet services so that's on our internet not the software.

Easy Great App

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Pros

HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Cons

I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

Max N.

Excellent product with great features

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Essentially a great tool for a day to day work, with many great options. Tremendous help with customer relations.

Pros

Very easy to use, has relevant information and well - regarded by our clients. Initial scepticism was over done features presenting info in a simplified form, but it turned out to be a great idea-to simplify presentation of data.

Cons

Took some time to learn the product, but once gotten used to- great to have software. Other than learning curve we didn't see many points that would be detrimental in value.

Amy C.

Game changer for our Child Care!

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

The Sales team and customer service are AWESOME! My sales rep still checks in to make make sure we do not need anything. The webinars and help center are so in depth and helpful! They have Educators on staff to make sure it is teacher friendly! I think that in itself speaks very highly for the company!

Pros

Hi Mama is very easy to learn and train staff on. It is set up so our teachers and staff are saving time in entering information and using their time to be with the children! Their messaging system is easy to use and very fast! We were able to both text and email parents when snow hit and we needed to close early. Our Parent and Teacher communication have grown considerably!

Cons

There are a few options we really need like CACFP collecting. As a child care using the Food Program it would save me a ton of time weekly by having a printable report. I also really do not like the check in process. It is a list of names which is a problem for some parents. We have a group of Foster children that should not be on a list seen by everyone so we are currently not able to use this function. I really wish they would let parents enter a 4 digit code and check in all their children at one time. This would also allow security and no list to scroll through!

Cynthia O.

We could not be happier!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been using Himama for over a year we could not be happier! Parents love the value and the extra channel of communication that they get with the easy with the ability to send messages directly to the classroom teacher. My teachers are able to send pictures, videos and update parents on how their child is doing. Over all this application was one of the best investments we made at our Daycare, and I can truly say that no other app compares to Himama.

Pros

how easy it is to use it and how fast my teachers can input the child's information thought the day

Cons

there are a couple of options that I wish could be a little easier, which i have noted on the advice box.

Kimberley K.

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

HiMama has been very well received at all three of my Little Sprouts Learning Centers. Parents are thrilled to see their children interacting in class and feel reassured to see their child settled into the program just minutes after leaving the classroom. This was especially appreciated by our new parents, as well as parents whose children were starting school for the first time.

Prior to HiMama, families received a monthly newsletter with photos, information on our monthly theme, reminders, birthdays and important upcoming dates. Now with a click of a button, the classroom teacher can send this information to parents anytime. The ability to keep updates current has helped parents ensure they are not missing important news, are less likely to forget upcoming events, and also allows them extra time to plan and prepare.

Parents find the program extremely handy as they can speak directly to the teacher through the HiMama message system. Often times moms and dads are on the run and not always able to chat during drop off and pick up, or throughout the day. HiMama keeps everyone connected, by allowing parents to send a quick message to the classroom teacher at their convenience.

Customer service at HiMama is very good and parents have found Caroline very efficient and helpful should they come across any issues. As the owner of Little Sprouts I feel the overall customer service has been excellent right from the beginning, and appreciate Ron's support in setting the system up with me back in February 2014.

Areas I would like to see improved would be to have the option to send a message to a specific group of families. Currently the options are one family or the entire classroom. I would also like the option to put music to the photos so that a DVD could be created of the child's school year. Access to all the school photos would be a wonderful option as currently we have to go into each child's report to see the entire group of class photos. Although the classroom journal does show a few pictures, I would like to be able to see all of these photos as a running stream.

Thank you to Ron and the staff at HiMama! You have made a wonderful difference to the parents and families at Little Sprouts, and I can't thank you enough!

Kim V.

Why Hi Mama works for our preschool and families

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Pros

The details and ability to click without having to write everything in detail.

Cons

I wish I could click the names of kids under fluids or toilet, for example, and add the times and detail for each right at that moment without having to upload each entry one at a time. For example, if it is 2pm and we have not had the chance to enter two feedings and three diaper changes for 11 kids, it would be quicker if we could click on the item like toilet then click on the child, then add all three times in, rather than one at a time....it would be faster for the user.

Nancy P.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

We have been extremely satisfied with HiMama. I looked at a few other items out there and none compare to what they offer and the ease at which they deliver the end product.

Pros

Extremely easy to use from our assistants in the classroom to our parents downloading the apps to their phones. Our parents love this application. I love several things about it! Saving trees is a great one, but also the great ease of use. The parents get great detailed information daily about the children's daily activities. It is a great asset for our team and moves away from paper work. The other thing is that as an administrator I can see who is present and how things are going just by pulling up that class online. It is a great tool!!

Cons

Not really any negatives that I can think of. A great support network to work with as well! A great product and team!

Missy K.

Great way to connect with child’s school day and teachers

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

I really like the ease for parents to use. It’s a great tool for communicating. Some things should be tweaked for staff and admin use, but overall, a great resource.

Pros

I like that it’s similar to social media

Cons

Not being able to attach more then one file to a message

Stephanie S.

Best reporting system.out there!

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

We tried many other reporting systems for our school to severyone and communicate with our parents but Hi Mama has been hands down our favorite and our parents love it! As a director/owner of my childcare center my personal.favorite feature is that our super odors can review each entry for each student on reports overview and see if there are excited tries missing before the report get sent out to parents. We love using the observations tools to attach skills observed to pics and videos of students to help parents know more about their child's day and what they are learning. We also use the notes section for reminders and to list a few of our Learning skills from the Daily lesson plan to keep parents informed about what lessons were taught. We love Hi Mama and we would highly recommend this to you!

Pros

Reports overview feature to see all students activities in one classroom to see any missing entries.

Taylar R.

Easy Peasy

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Love the app both parents and staff are very satisfied.

Pros

LOVE that the parents are able to see what is happening through out the day as well as at the end of a day receive a report. This cuts down on the time parents stand around talking and then details are also not left out.

Cons

Can’t search old messages. If you are looking back at previous messages you have go back through all the messages you are unable to search a persons name.

Lisa T.

Teacher/Family Communication at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Our families love that we offer this app. They love that they can send a message from home without disrupting the child's day or pulling the teacher away from teaching. They love the updates and photo shares as well.

Pros

We love the ease of use with this product. It helps parents and teachers communicate back and forth with the convenience of their phone or classroom tablets.

As an admin I can also communicate with parents individually or as a who center which is AMAZING.

We love to share little updates like photos, diaper changes, nap times, or milestones via the app with our families.

Cons

Only able to send one photo at a time to families. We wish we could send 2-5 at a time.

HiMama app

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Benefits as a parent are stated in the Pros section above but mostly, it's having a consistent and electronic log of the days for reference (and for enjoyment with pics).

Pros

I liked that we are able to receive updates throughout the day (there is the capability but teachers don't always use it) and mostly the pictures/videos! It makes you feel like you know what is really happening during the day. I also like that there is an electronic journal that you can refer back to at any time. I also like the ease of being able to communicate to the teachers through the app and that administration is able to see any of that back and forth.

Cons

The pictures and videos were blurry, especially when downloading. Also not sure if the videos are limited to :06 or that's just what the teachers did. I also think that the auto-population for food makes it less likely that the teachers actually update appropriately.

Karreecha N.

Hi Mamma! How are ya?

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Having an effective childcare management system to keep records, record payments, capture the lives of children & teachers have been a blessing and especially beneficial to anyone involved in childcare centers. This is the best thing since sliced bread.

Pros

This software makes life in childcare centers so much easier and efficient. This software makes the lives of teachers and administrative staff EASY while trying to capture day to day activities that children are involved in. What I like most about the software is that the activities are instantly recorded for parents to share in the experience of their little ones.

Cons

The software is kind of expensive and took a while to really perfect use of it. If you're really going to get more bang for your buck, you have got to do a good job at keeping really good records. If you don't put your data into the system, you're subject to miss something.

Karen Y.

HiMama Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Their were issues of not finding all the domains pertaining to school age children

Pros

Able to communicate, upload and share images with families. Makes observations simple and quick to complete, especially when it’s the same comments for multiple children. Administration can easily access and monitor all rooms and all communication Easily and efficiently.

Cons

Using it for staffing hours was a challenge since it records real time and it was dependent on the administrator to edit changes only and I found I had to verify staffing hours daily.
Children’s attendance- ministry still wants to see hard copy and printing the attendance from HiMama would be too many pages since record shows all the check in and out times daily.

7.0/10
Rebecca D.

Time saver

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

We are so happy with Himama, it saves us all time and keep everything in one place. The parents LOVE the program.

Pros

Everything is in one place! The parents love the daily reports and the photos of the child's day and classroom activities. The menu and lesson plans are easy to view. The staff have more time is spend with the children because, everything is in one place. They are able to put the class lesson plans and calendar into Himama as well as keeping up with developmental skills of each child. The directors are able to find enrollment, attendance of the children and staff in one place.

Cons

Not being told when updates change something on the program.

Kim C.

Happy with product

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

This app has given parents the knowledge of our field of Early Childhood and for many opened their eyes to what Educators are doing and what their child does during their time with an Educator at a child care location.

Pros

It gives the Educators in the classroom the ease of attendance, keeping parents informed on what their child is accomplishing and documentation

Cons

At this time there isn't anything that we really dislike.

Crystal T.

Best Daycare App!

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Pros

Canadian milestones and skills for observations, neat and tidy report sent to parents. Can log in meals, activities and more as a group rather than individual.

Cons

That the parents can't sign in and out without having access to a computer (webpage). Brightwheel had a part in the app where the parents scanned a qr code to sign in and out

Katie M.

Lucky Mom

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

I love getting to feel like I have an inside scoop to my little guy’s day - menu, diaper changes, naps, and photos of play. I have some friends whose daycares use a log book, but I get to catch this info in real time from my phone at work and don’t have to wait until pickup to hear about it. Honestly, it was a huge factor in keeping me going through the emotional trial of going back to work and leaving him at a full time centre.

Cons

It does this weird thing where you can’t enlarge a picture once you click on it (phone version). I had some trouble in the beginning as software was being updated too, missing emails etc. but the support staff was surprisingly responsive and most of the problems were alleviated by just keeping the app on my phone and not relying on the email service.

Joan M.

Great for keeping track of children But

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Families seem to love the communication with the center through this app. They love seeing the pictures of their children during the day. The message part of the app is frustrating though as described above.

Pros

Great for keeping counts of children and in which classroom they are participating.

Cons

The message portion of the app needs help. It would be helpful to be able to search for all messages with a particular child's family. And, if responses to emails could be posted to the top based on when they were sent. Also, the view of a sent email with an attachment does not contain the attachment. That is a problem when using this for documentation of communications. Having a count of the total children enrolled would be nice too.

Amanda C.

Himama is very user friendly and makes our job easier at our daycare centre.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easier communication and connection with parents at our child care centre.

Pros

It is easy to understand and use. They are constantly updating the features to make them better. The app works well on a variety of devices and the software is also quite visually bright and engaging. The customer support is wonderful, they always get back to you quickly and with comprehensive answers.

Cons

If we had to pick one thing, it would be the reset time for the classes. Sometimes if children are signed out and reports sent late in the day, the next morning the class still isn't reset to start over, and then we have to manually check students back in.