MRPeasy

Cloud-based ERP/MRP software for small manufacturers

Tim

Ahead of its time

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Quality from the beginning. This is one of the best programmed software out there for this industry. It's logically grouped, and follows a constructive workflow. This makes it easy to use, to train, and to implement.

Pros

Easy of use and simplicity to understand. This is one of the best programmed software out there for this industry. We setup, train and implement manufacturing software for multiple companies, and clients find it easy to understand and operate. This is one of the very few SMB manufacturing software on the market. It's reasonably priced, and contains all of the functionality a small manufacturer will need: sales, purchasing, production, inventory management and accounting.

Cons

The integration with QB Online, while functional, is limited. There is no Class tracking, and you cannot select multiple COGS accounts. Support is also only by email, normally.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the detailed feedback. The integration with QB Online will be seriously improved in 2020.

Ann
  • Industry: Cosmetics

If you make items that require lot tracking, this is a must have.

Reviewed on 2023/03/28

This has changed our business and allowed us to get certifications and expand. We are using it for our skincare business that we sell on Amazon in the US, Canada, UK and EU. Also we use it for a small winery that we have started. It gives us many of the advantages that much larger companies have, but with more flexibility. An incredible $$ performer

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use, and we love the full audit trail on bom and routing changes. We have been able to get ISO and organic certifications and the auditors are very comfortable with the level of detail and traceabiltiy. So we can easily track a shipment back to the original raw materials.

Cons

We have multiple small locations for manufacturing and make lots of small lots. So when I buy in 55 pounds of bees wax, I am splitting that across multiple locations. so that tracking has been really tough and I think it is because I found it difficult to understand sites and storage locations and how best to handle that. So I started out probably wrong and am still trying to figure it out.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Sue

MRPEasy software - almost great

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

I needed an affordable cloud based MRP that was easy to set up and use with a manufacturing focus. It was easy to set up, but onerous to update. The initial training and set up support was very helpful, but once I bought in and really needed assistance, my helpful support person was replaced with the anonymous support team that took 24 hours to answer any questions and the answer was almost always either a. no the software doesn't do that, b. thats a good idea, we may decide to do that later, or c. you can pay us to make that change to our software. For the price, it's ok, a lot of potential, but not great.

Pros

the ease of use, wide range of potential ability, accessibility, focus on manufacturing. there is the potential to customize the software for an extra fee.

Cons

technical support is rather lacking. There's a lot of potential in the software capability but every aspect of use is limited. There's a lot of features that are "almost there", but to fix them costs extra. Entering inventory manually is a basic thing and should be simple, but because it creates automatic write offs, adjusting inventory manually can create annoying issues. When I reported this and asked support about it, I was told to stop manually entering inventory and to trust the system - not an easy thing to hear.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you. Your "Advice for Buyers" is great.
We're happy to answer your questions. You won't always have the same staff member to work with because when you purchase the software and have questions regarding functionality and terms, a sales rep helps you. One you purchase the software, and have questions about the technology and customizations, our technical support team is there to help.

We make new releases of the software 2-3 times a quarter. We always encourage our customers to send us feature requests, and we analyze and consider each of them. We can customize the software, however, in some cases those customizations do require some cost.

We have a large support team available to answer questions. Since they work in shifts, and each work for all of our customers, you'll notice they don't personalize their responses. However, each customer's tech support request is answered within 24 hours to ensure that our team can collaborate on a solution that works best for the user.

Lindsey

Changes the organizational game

Reviewed on 2022/10/31

It's fantastic. Best decision I ever made for my job's needs. And for the money, it's incredibly valuable. I've paid way more and gotten way less from other software companies.

Pros

All its functions. Because of this software I can organize my parts, subassemblies, their sourcing, and my manufacturing the way I wanted to. I really couldn't have stayed as organized as I now am without this software.

Cons

There are a few features that are lacking that I'd like to see:1 - individualized training. While they do a fantastic job of responding to requests, it would have been nice to be able to schedule a training session to specifically address our company's needs. I had to do a good amount of self-training using their videos online, then I taught everyone else in our organization.2 - The ability to see an entire build's subassemblies and parts in one place. Since I have multi-level assemblies, I can only view one item's BOM, I can't view all of them in one tree after I've manufactured a final product. That would be really nice

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for your very detailed and positive feedback.

"this product seemed focused on being the best it could be at functionality" - that is what we strive for. Thank you!

Regarding the Cons you brought out:

1. In fact, we do offer individual training hours with our specialists over video. Please contact our Support Team for more information.
2. If you open a BOM, please click on the "Indented BOM" button to see the full build tree, including subassemblies.

Martin

Solid and clean manufacturing and inventory management system

Reviewed on 2023/09/20

Overall MRPeasy gave us a great tool for production planning and inventory management.

Pros

MRPeasy is easy to setup and use, clean uncluttered interface with all the essential functions necessary to manage manufacturing and inventory. After several years using it we value how solid this system is.

Cons

Dashboard and reporting can be improved and some interface settings to visually highlight some stock items or inventory groups.

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to MRPeasy

The simplicity on use and setup

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Michael
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

I can’t work without it.

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

My over all experience is positive and I have brought customers to this platform.

Pros

I like MRP because it saves us from doing things manually and we always have a Birds Eye view of production.

Cons

I dislike that somehow my resources get turned into decimals even though we only consume whole numbers.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for your feedback!

Robert
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

MRPeasy easy to deploy sofware

Reviewed on 2023/05/10

Pros

I have had the pleasure of testing out this software and can confidently say that it is one of the easiest to deploy that I have come across. The user interface was intuitive, making it simple to navigate and understand. Overall, I highly recommend this software to anyone looking for a hassle-free deployment experience.

Cons

When it comes to software, customization is often a key factor in user satisfaction. Unfortunately, some products fall short in this area, providing limited options for customization. This can be frustrating for users who have specific needs or preferences. While the product in question may be easy to deploy and have a user-friendly interface, the lack of customization options may limit its usefulness for certain users.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

eric

MRP review

Reviewed on 2023/06/12

Pros

MRPeasy allows me to maintain my raw material inventory and better plan for my production schedule. I am better able to forecast my raw material needs and what inventories I need.

Cons

I would like to be able to better differentiate Manufacturing orders between different product groups.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review!
Regarding manufacturing orders and product groups, please contact our Support Team.

Joanna
  • Industry: Nanotechnology

Great for keeping track of inventory

Reviewed on 2023/05/10

Pros

Being able to follow back where each product came from and where it has been shipped to. Being able to check up inventory simply.

Cons

Some of our products are made at the same time as others but need to be inputted separately (as it is not always the case) which makes it harder to calculate costs of manufacturing.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review!
Regarding making several products at the same time, please contact our Support Team.

Pjotrs
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Metup review

Reviewed on 2023/06/09

Production planning and products treacability

Production planning and products treacability

Pros

Product easy to use, traceability and pricing.

Cons

Not available to change supplier in purchase order

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review!

James
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Great, flexible cloud software that can grow with you

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Quick to deploy and easy to use. Purchasing and despatch working well. May need support to set up BOMs and manufacturing side.

Pros

Easy to access while travelling with app or browser version. Simple and cloud based. Quick to deploy and easy to understand. Good help guides.

Cons

Being cloud based customisation seems limited. Initial support to help set up as part of onboarding would have been a help.

OrderWise and Xero

Reasons for Switching to MRPeasy

Quick to deploy and freiend recommended it - knew they were using it sucessfully in manufacturing

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Peter
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The most Straght foward MRP system

Reviewed on 2023/03/08

2 Years ago we set about moving from an excel based order management system to something more modern, easier to control and better suited to our growing business. Having demo-ed a number of MRP systems none really ticked the boxes for our business and or seemed over complicated or had too many functions and a very steep learning curve. We had given up until I stumbled acrsoss MRPeasy. Its layout, self taught nature and ease of implementation sold the product to me and after the free trial it was a no brainer for our business. Over the last 2 years we have increased learning, improved our systems and expanded use of MRP easy into different aspect sof our business.

Pros

MRP Easy is layed out very simply, it easy to navigate and simple to understand. It is customisable for your business and certain functions can be deactivated until you come to use them. There was easy to use instructions which made learning at your own pace very simple

Cons

Produciton Planning and the interactions of the system are not perfectly suited to our manufacturing process. It means we cnanot use this functionality eaactly as we woudl like.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Danny
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

I recommend MRPeasy

Reviewed on 2020/11/15

Pros

I recommend MRPeasy to anyone looking for a powerful and flexible MRP. I have used other Tier 1 MRP systems previously, and constantly impressed with how capable MRPeasy is compared to it’s much more expensive counterparts.

It has been very intuitive the learn how to use, and support has been excellent on the odd occasion it was required.

Cons

Our business works on large scale projects, typically requiring deposit invoicing prior to commencement, and 2 or 3 milestone invoices throughout the project over 6 to 9 months. So we are looking forward for the prepayment invoice feature.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Nikola
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Not-so-EasyMRP

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

We are small company manufacturing aftermarket parts for motorcycles. We have less than 10 products and we do all manufacturing by ourselves. Our needs for MRP software are not too high, simple manufacturing orders, BOM's, routings, purchasing, and inventory. Before subscribing, MRPEasy team was very forthcoming and open to communication. However, one month of using this software was a complete disaster. I never received so many "no's" from any support team. Some simple things, like changing quantities in inventory, for past dates, was not possible and we were asked for a fee only to change dates of 52 lots. We would have done this manually, but it is not possible. Of course, there is a large number of similar issues. To be honest, support team response was very quick, but in 100% percent reply is totally unusable.
I am very careful what I write on the internet about some business if that is negative, but I have lost almost a month filling a database, only to realize that support is almost non-existent and some basic features just don't work. Be careful.

Pros

Very communicative sales team. Before you subscribe.

Cons

Only straightforward activities are possible without paying extra for 'software development'. There isn't a way to correct errors in counting, without hiring 'development' team. Strange and not an intuitive interface. Support is only good to direct you to manuals and videos; if you don't find a solution for your problem there - it can't be solved.

Sarah

Easy Peasy

Reviewed on 2023/01/10

We are very glad to no longer be relying on spreadsheets for stock control and the amount of time it took to keep track of stock levels. We can now easily keep track of total stock and where it is being stored at any given time, and easily transfer it items from our online store to markets. It has also helped us order new stock quickly and efficiently.

Pros

As we were implementing MRPeasy it helped draw attention to areas of our business that could be better streamlined. We made several changes that helped us maximise our use of MRPeasy and also provide our customers with product selection that more cleverly customised to their needs which in turn improved our sales.

Cons

We struggled the most with how to integrate MRPeasy with our accounting system, Xero, but would recommend getting assistance from an experienced accountant. We wished that we could also have the option to feed "virtual stock" numbers to our shopify store. We make up items when we receive an order as different parts can be used to manufacture several different final products but we don't always carry stock to make every single option we offer.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Robert

MRPeasy was a seamless implementation.

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

I am able to clearly define my labor costs and operation scheduling.

I am able to clearly define my labor costs and operation scheduling.

Pros

Easy to understand, great documentation with video support on all of the how to's. I loved how MF orders are easily tied to operations of work stations.

Cons

I had a previous MRP system that allowed GL integration with QBO on the item level. This allowed for more flexibility to tailor your balances to specific GL accounts.

Cin7 Core

Reasons for Choosing MRPeasy

I found SOS was too disconnected and manually tedious. MRPeasy had more automatic flow of operations.

Ease of use.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review!

Michael

Review of MRPEasy

Reviewed on 2023/08/01

We have had a favourable experience.

We have had a favourable experience.

Pros

I like that it is web-based, and it is easy to go backwards to find a previois form.

Cons

It can be difficult to see why an item is not avaible, if it has not been “received” correctly.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for your feedback!

Amanda
  • Industry: Food Production

MRPeasy feedback

Reviewed on 2023/01/11

Before MRPeasy, we did everything in excel. Now everything is much easier. In the past, we made orders via e-mail and there was no overview of the stock, and therefore there were often shortages. MRPeasy solved this problem

Pros

good overview of stockeasy to useinvoicing

Cons

not possible to show the number of boxes on the Waybillno option to assign default (for example 0) Reorder point to all new products

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review!

Wayne
  • Industry: Plastics

MRPeasy is a must

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

Scheduling, stock control, production efficiency, customer order management, raw material purchase orders has been greatly improved.

Pros

The MRPEasy software suits our small business' requirements well and offers some fundamental features that are critical for successful application of the software

Cons

I do find the system slightly bulky with respect to pages and the flow is sometimes more complex than necessary.i would also like to have a "switch off" functionality for some aspects. Lastly i have found the production reporting to be too "strict" and a simpler interface would add significant value, eg simply daily production recording as opposed to hourly etc

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for your review and improvement proposals.

Tarmo
  • Industry: Design

How MRP easy work for You

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

Pros

Specifications, notes which one can add to every order and product separately give better service to our customer

Cons

This program not specifically developed to metal surface finishing company - a bit complicated calculate real cost

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review!

Martin

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

It's been hard to implement, but we are getting there.

It's been hard to implement, but we are getting there.

Pros

There are a lot of options and ways you can costumize to your needs.

Cons

Not the best interface. For not tech savvy people its hard to understand. Little to techincal and "Excel" like interface. Hard to set up for manufacturer with lot of operations and outsourcing. Too many "clicks" for simple functions.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the feedback!

Amy

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Pros

Easy integration with Xero.
For our company the modules of production planning/manufacturing, procurement and stocks are very important and this software fits our purpose.
Help is great, aid in assisting in most of your needs (both online, and through customer support)

Cons

Due to the multiple options and its large variety of tools, it is a little bit complex to understand - just untill you get the grasp of the software - especially when the time for implementation and integration does not permit long hours of training before the actual deployment.

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for the review.

Angus

Very impressed

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Having reviewed a number of options MRPeasy seemed the best option for managing production. We have not been disappointed - in fact MRPeasy has exceeded expectations. Potentially complex issues such as multiple production sites and stock transfers are now easily managed. Overall we are very satisfied with the software and are happy to recommend to others.

Pros

MRPeasy solved a lot of issues for us including stock control, purchase order management and handling BOMs efficiently. We like the fact that MRPeasy have saved us time, improved accuracy and greatly improved efficiency in all these areas.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, but the support database and videos are excellent. No major problems at all.

Francois

Great for small manufacturing

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Great customer service and overall the product is quite strong. Definitely one of the best bang for your buck.

It is very much a MRP, not an ERP and must integrate with a separate accounting system. The CRM is basic but does everything you need it too. Stock, BOM, and inventory management is excellent. Managing production and assembly orders is a breeze.

Pros

- Production time management.
- Costing outlook
- ease of use
- Price
- Simplicity
- Inventory management

Cons

- Requires external accounting software, but is tied in with MRP Easy once you login.
- Basic CRM
- Designed for small and medium sized companies

Response from MRPeasy

Thank you for you feedback. As of 11.2018 MRPeasy has Standard Accounting module.

ALESSANRO

A good choice!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Great Solution!

Great Solution!

Pros

Is extremely user-friendly, the Manual on-line is always updated and well written. A lot of videos showing the different features.
We were able to set-up the ERP autonomously.
The software offers all the most important features required to manage the production activities and the procurement.
The BOMs are well managed (we use up to 8 level BOMs).

Cons

At the moment we do not have any particular issue. All user are satisfied and are working on the ERP after few hours of training.