I use this program every day on site!
I am able to coordinate with trades and consultants quickly and effectively. I can usually access drawings faster than they can when speaking over the phone. All of the files are very accessible and the program is user friendly
-Having access to all of the drawings at your fingertips while on site
-Very easy to search for information through drawings as the hyperlinks copy automatically
-easy to compare new drawings to older versions
-easily access all rfi's and linked files
-Program slows down when adding mass amounts of drawings
-Would be helpful to have folders within the Photos section similar to that of the Files section
Essential for Project Documentation & Organization
Positive, I highly recommend this software especially for any project documentation tracking purposes. Still room for improvement but I choose Fieldwire over its Autodesk competitor.
1. Image Shared Shared Service. The whole team & subs can see image documentation in seconds. Though needs a permanent time stamp feature OPTION & native high resolution feature.
2. Reports are as detailed as you want them to be. I like that reports can be customized (though to a limited extent). You can attach images, files, plans, etc... Though upload file size limit needs to increase from 25mb max.
3. Tasks are an interesting feature still trying to implement into field use. Great that you can track tasks from text messages, emails, images, attachments, etc... Like video option but would like to see that available outside of tasks 7 attach to plan functions on all platforms even PC.
1. No permanent Time stamp on images taken via phone. Time stamp feature is placed outside of image as reference. If image is exported their is no way to distinguish veracity of date & time taken. THIS IS MY NUMBER ONE REQUEST!!!
2. Would like to be able to attach images within Fieldwire to Daily Reports without duplicating images (that's why time stamp on image is needed).
3. Improved search capabilities. Right now searching/filtering through images is limited. Should be able to search by date range of when image taken or file uploaded as well. Their needs to be a better organizational structure for uploading images to fieldwire via app. Users should be able to search through images to attach them to pertinent documentation without creating duplicates or recreating in another format. Images should be searchable and attachable to files without them originally taken within a Fieldwire Form .
4. Attachment upload limited to 25mb. Sometimes project plans exceed 100mb. Should not need to split up submittals/rfi's/files/plans.
5. Fieldwire Upload Image documentation compression software. I use a Android Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5g, images are horribly compressed and sometimes looked pixelated. Yet with my iphone 6 (several years old) images look regular. Should be options for quality of image upload. Panoramic shots should be a feature without destroying them to under a 1mb.
6. Video recording to 8 seconds is limiting. w/ 5g phones making way video quality & length needs overhaul
Almost awesome, but has lots of missed opportunities
The customer service has been great ( we need to use them frequently ). They are quick to resolve the many issues we have.
1. You can't make real templates for repetitive project types.
2. You can't organize projects on the home screen. We tend to have dozens of projects in different stages going on and there is not a way to organize how they sorted. They cannot be flagged or colored coded either.
3. In certain situations you need to follow strict naming conventions of imported files....it's not something I want to spend my time worrying about.
4. The task viewer is weak. The text doesn't wrap so most of the task is cut off. You cannot control the width of the columns, their names, or colors ( great for the color blind )
5. Features are buried and are inconsistent between desktop and mobile.
6. The app KILLS battery life.
7. There is not a way to leave general notes or comments.
8. Reports are weak.
9. If my boss ( who doesn't actually use it, but likes the idea of the app) didn't make me, I would have ditched this a while ago.
Team collaboration has improved. Plans at the click of a button.
The software makes accessing plans and collaborating with your project team a breeze. Especially in field where managers rely on ipads, the mobile application is easy for quick scaling, take offs, etc. Not to mention the ability to link plans, RFIs, files, and forms to ensure small details and changes aren't missed. The tasks allow for project tracking, documentation, and knocking out your punch list. Not to mention, excellent customer service.
Improve plan layering capability. Exporting plans is a pain. Should be easier to export or print directly from application, rather than sending a web link via email. Could include functions to markup photos taken using the app. That way key features in the photo could be highlighted for future reference or for others on the project team to quickly see.
Fieldwire Field Use and Notetaking
We use Fieldwire for reviewing drawings in the field, tagging issues, and creating reports for the contractors. With a few more customizations this tool will be ideal for us.
The best feature of Fieldwire is the drawing management and ease of access in the field. In addition, tagging issues in the field is seamless.
The most difficult thing to do in Fieldwire is to make handwritten notes or draw sketches on a plan using the pencil/drawing tool. The tool is extremely choppy. I typically make a pdf and import into another software for drawing or taking notes; however, I would prefer to make handwritten notes within the Fieldwire application.
Great For Viewing Plans in the Office and in the Field
Overall the system has been working ok. It will not allow saving a copy of files on the android device and always says "saving failed" Other than that, the platform is solid so far.
The Plans tab is very good. The pages are automatically processed upon uploading and sent to everyone for easy access. Another great thing about the plans is the links to detail pages.
I would like to be able to put information about the job such as the address, project manager, Suppliers, etc that would be easily accessible upon opening the project. Also needs to have a contact list where you can have customers in the list and then be able to link them to jobs or different tasks so if someone needs to contact a supplier about a delivery, they can easily see who they need to call.
My vision for the future!
Great Supplemental Tool for Architects
Overall I've been very satisfied with using Fieldwire as a field report and punch list tool. The use of voice dictation to create punch list items speeds up the process significantly. Customer service has been helpful when needed, and there is a library of videos online to assist with questions or training.
I use this as an architect as a supplemental tool to create and issue field reports and tract deficient work that is discovered over the course of construction. The mobile interface is great and fairly intuitive. The customizable reports that can be issued to my team and the contractor's team are easy to read and you can input any type of information you can think of. Punch list creation and distribution is instantaneous, especially if the GC and subcontractors are using the software as well.
This is yet another supplemental tool to be used in addition to project management software such as Newforma, ProCore, etc. Over the past 20 years I have yet to find the one ring to rule them all, as some software applications thrive with certain tasks and fall well short in others. Currently this software is limited for my use for field reports and punch lists.
Powerful Plan Management Tool
Information at our fingertips is essential, and Fieldwire readily enables us to access information easily and quickly on the job site, be it from a laptop, iPad, or smart phone.
The ease of use, flipping through drawing sets, and accessibility of information in the field. Ability to create, assign, and monitor tasks is great, especially during the punch list phase. Printing of reports to PDF for distribution is helpful as well.
More powerful drawing markup tools. Ability to sort photos into albums or folders for easier / faster review. Currently, the ability to measure on the plans is really rough; it would be nice to be able to snap to vector linework contained within the PDF plans that are uploaded per project. I know this isn't really the point of Fieldwire, but it would be nice to be able to print a sheet from the platform instead of having to download it. The ability to export master task lists that have collated sub-task lists as a single report.
Quick and simple access to plans, markups & pictures, especially on mobile, but lacks basic features
Fieldwire is my go-to software for quickly looking up pages, or photos, or making plan notes, but it lacks basic quality of life features of other software.
Simple and easy to use, plans can be scrolled and zoomed in/out quickly, easily marked up, or scaled for distance estimates. Project pictures are easy to take and view.
No ability to sort your plan pages is very inconvenient, especially for larger projects, where It can take hours of going through and slowly renaming every page to start with 001 and up to be able to arrange the pages in any meaningful way, and even then it will be difficult for specific trades, for example if someone only wanted to see E sheets.
Fieldwire also has no text search function, which is another basic feature of any other software I've used. These basic features seem like they have been overlooked by development in favor of adding additional payment tiers.
Great Construction Drawing and Document Management
Revolutionized the way we get information out to our team and ensure theyre using the most up to date information
The drawing management software is superb. No more hunting around the computer or desk for the latest version. Our entire team in the office and out on the sites has the correct documents at their fingertips
I have a full document folder and drawings accessible on my phone in 3 clicks and its always up to date
There is the option to load up single page drawings or multi page documents
Their forms tab is a great way to ensure paperwork such as check sheets. inspections etc are completed in a visible way
It can be a little tricky getting used to how to name drawings so they a uploaded as a new revision rather than a new drawing but its nothing you cant get past
Essential site tool.
Hydraulic Services Fieldwire
The software has provided clear advantage when recalling as built information and project tracking of documents. Our overall experience is 100% positive.
Fieldwire provides project documentation and tracking at our staff's fingertips. The ability to link associated drawings and details to floor plans saves a huge amount of time every day.
Project photos, markups and as constructed information as available to all team members at any time at any location on the project.
This software has streamlined processes beyond our expectations.
Some documents are a little slow to load up at times. I presume this is because of the local connection speed or the device we use to view the files.
Overall experience is very positive. Fieldwire is a tool we rely on and use very regularly over many projects. I recommend it very highly.
The ease of learning and using fieldwire. Its crucial for us to have a simple system that can perform at a high level to allow us to track and present our work. The reporting aspect of fieldwire is brilliant too as it allows us to present data and information to our clients in a organised and easy to follow way.
The only downside would be if we could customise it a bit more. We use man power & cost to track all sorts of things such as the size of a repair or the quantity of steel used. If we would be able to change the title of these it would be a massive help especially to those new to the projects, with helping their understanding of how our systems work.
Useful and easy
Perfect for a subcontractor because of the emphasis on tasks and it is easy to use.
Increased the speed of delivery of drawings and files. Ability to collaborate in real time between field and office. Portable access to all job files and drawings.
More Intuitive than other software we tried. We were able to get value right away and recently had a training session to use some of the more advanced features.
The ability to access the plans or other documents anywhere via the cloud is a time saver. Great for managers that are involved in multiple projects.
It would be good if we could have a library of electrical symbols to add extra work and changes to our as builts. Or be able to build the images on a clipboard that we could paste from.
Very nice experience. Highly recommend. Have been using for almost 3 years and except for the image quality I have nothing to complain about.
The software links everything fast and automatically. This makes it very easy to use.
Also, tasks can be added so the site crew is aware of what needs to be done, how, and where.
When you upload the plan and zoom to the details the image quality decreases a lot, making it hard to see sometimes.
Fieldwire helps you on site.
It was very useful as a deficiency tool. The trades found it easy to add to their phones so we could all use it.
It was very easy to take photos of certain deficiencies, add tasks and assign to the different trades.
I found that the sync between my phone and my computer took a long time sometimes to connect . When you are in a hurry on the job site it could be frustrating.
Great app that encourages team collaboration on projects.
I love the reports and forms that can be made within FW. I also enjoy how the tasks and checklists can be added to our maps and plans. The app is also very user friendly and makes walking job sites a breeze and allows for quick turn around times.
Pulling up reports and making changes to the plans can be cumbersome at times.
Digitalization as its best yet (for construction ofc)
I really dont have information about IT stuff, but this software is reachable from every device and everywhere very fast. That is important. We are working in a 50FL tower which has no signal in its core, but anyways, when the tablet reaches a signal, all things done offline is sychronized for everybody at that sec. Which saves a lot of time and builds confidence
Improvements could be made by user, like open softwares, the menus may become much more editable.
Fieldwire Bring Peace of Mind
It brings peace of mind knowing everyone is all on the same page. From safety document storage to before and after pictures at jobsites... this software is a must!
This software keeps us organized and opens the communication between the office and the field.
Wish you could copy and paste templates and forms after a company has been set up.
Rem from AM!!
Great software that will be part of our team for long!
I love the precision picture taking, "on the spot" notifications for every member when changes to projects are made, easy note-taking on top of plans and task managing.
Simply that I haven't had the time to go through it all already! Too much work!