Showing 70 reviews of 58

Hubdoc

Import, archive and export financial documents in one place

Showing 70 reviews of 58
Michael D.

HubDoc - Streamline Data Entry into Xero

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Overall this is a good entry level solution for automating the entry of your paperwork. As Xero include it with their standard subscriptions it is very cost effective

Pros

The software integrates with Xero cloud accounting making it easy to get your invoices and receipts entered into your accounting records.

Cons

The setup is a little clunky when adding more users but once you have got your head around how to carry out the task it is fairly straight forward.

Travis K.

Perfect for getting all your receipts online

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Hubdocs is a really great way to store information in a format that makes it easy to find. No more shoe boxes or receipts!

Pros

Great bit of software that is easy to use and easy to teach clients how to use. Keeps all my receipts organised and easy to track back to source documents.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software. Xero now included it for free in their basic package.

Alexandra B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

I use HubDoc nearly daily to process invoices for my business.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely.

Pros

I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

Sometimes HubDoc doesn't read certain fonts properly and contacts are recreated multiple times. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete duplicate contacts which clogs up the list. Occasionally, document uploads fail which can be a pain, but this seems to be fairly infrequent.

Valerie M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

good add on to quickbooks

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Satisfactory. I think they should expand the number of companies they can pull docs from.

Pros

I like the fact that hubdoc integrates with quickbooks. that's why we chose the product.

Cons

You can only access documents on companies they set up. So if they are not big companies, you can't get automatic downloads of your bills

Andrew B.

Automated Bookkeeping... Almost

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Generally happy with the product and I recommend it to my clients

Pros

Ease of sending invoices / receipts via multiple options.
Fetching of bank and supplier statements.
Fetches bank statements in .csv which is great for manual importing into Xero Ledger.
Fast and helpful tech support.

Cons

Usually needs some user input to push transactions to Xero correctly.

Doug H.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Hubdoc has changed the way we store paperwork!

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Hubdoc is fully integrated so you can also share info with your accountant which makes expense & report management a breeze.

Pros

It works seamlessly with email and with multiple vendors. It has been very easy to add new vendors we work with as well as setup ways for us to automate a lot of invoices we receive. Now I can easily go in and quickly find documents that I used to worry about where they were located or how I would find them. I have had no issues thus far and the support team has been very helpful in adding new vendors I work with.

Stephan B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for Storing Financial Docs!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

Hubdoc is simple to use and allows me to remain organized, efficient, and quickly utilize and procur any document I may need thanks to it's efficient layout.

Cons

I enjoy hubdoc and think it's vital for the finance industry.

Sara M.

Hubdoc is an easy to use system with a very intuitive interface.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

We use Hubdoc to manage and share bookkeeping information with our accountant. It's easy to manage our accounts with this system and pull up any information when needed.

Cons

My only issue besides a few minor glitches here and there is that some banks do not support Hubdoc.

Aaron T.

I love it! It makes everything so much easier

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

It collects from SO many banks. And the sorting feature is nice when banks have a lot of checks or paypal transactions.

Cons

Some banks aren't supported. This is still hindering some clients from experiencing it as a whole. Would like to see more.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great to have in 1 place

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

This is a great place to store and save many accounts so you don’t have to log into many different places. Makes things simple.

Cons

It can be frustrating when an account won’t link and it has difficultuty reconnecting.

Barb R.

Reviewed on 2017/11/04

Kon I.

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

Audrey M.

Great for fetching documents

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

They have a great fetching and integration program for documents. Their free training programs are great.

Pros

I liked that it was able to fetch the documents and statements I needed. Online cloud and customizable document storage was great. Integration with QuickBooks Online is a must.

Cons

It may seem silly, but my only real issue with this program was how I felt using it. Something about the flow and layout left me feeling kind of clumsy and awkward.

Lissa B.
  • Industry: Furniture

Document Storage

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

A great first step into getting our essential documents all in one place.

Pros

We implicated this solution for our document storage problem. This was out first document storage solution. Is easy to drop files into software or email into hubdoc.

Cons

Organizing documents into folders is a bit tricky, buy can easily search for and find what you are looking for.

Joseph O.

Hubdoc is just the perfect solution to all my bookkeeping needs, easily integrates with other...

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Bookkeeping made easy, it has changed the whole process and made it very enjoyable.

Pros

This has provided me with a nice platform where i can set up all my clients and easily pull their statements and documents at my convenience whenever need arises.

Cons

Some glitches may occasionally arise like the auto fetch connections may sometimes go down. Thanks to the support team that always come in handy to fix any such issues.

Dana B.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

I love HUBDOC

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

My tax preparer loves that I am so organized with my receipts and statements. Instead of having to scan items into your computer and organizing items, it is all in the app.

Pros

Hubdoc connects easily to your bank accounts and your statements upload automatically. I love that all my receipts and statements are in one place and easily accessed.

Cons

I have not had any issues with Hubdoc at all. I have been using it for 2 years and it has been wonderful

Markie A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Hubdoc fast tracks my day

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Pros

Hubdoc is a great tool to fetch your bank and credit card statements. It will also fetch any bill that you have online access to like telephone and utilities. This saves me time as I no longer have to chase clients for data.
Clients also take a picture of their receipts so they are processed in right away and vendors email directly to Hubdoc email. All receipts and bills are processed, posted and attached to Quickbooks Online transaction

Cons

The rotate button doesn't always work and I would like to be able to use the item option on the main screen instead of clicking on multiple

Alison M.

Great experience with document sharing and downloading

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

I use Hubdoc to setup new clients so we can view their bank statements and check images in one place. I like that we can pull statements and docs easily from Hubdoc if needed.

Cons

I wish all the banks and software were setup to use Hubdoc. When I put out a software or bank sync request, I don't usually hear back from anyone on the Hubdoc team. When I have an issue using Hubdoc, I don't ever hear back from the customer service team.

Julie S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Broken for Quebec users

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Quebec users please stay away. It's a frustrating app that thinks it's better than your own judgement to calculate the sale taxes!

Pros

The app is easy to use. You can start using it right away with few lessons.

Cons

The sale taxes feature is broken for Quebec users. The half-tax rule for meals and entertainment simply does NOT work. It's so frustration because at the end you need to download the invoice and do it yourself because the app won't allow to push your invoice if it thinks the sale taxes don't match. This is highly frustrating because in the end you are better to not use the software.

Johnny N.

Xero took over, and the software died

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Hubdoc is terrible and I wouldn't recommend them for anything. Xero is a horrible company and Hubdoc has taken a dive with them. I left Xero accounting because of the poor customer service, and now I am looking for a new solution for Hubdoc.

Pros

You can find all of your documents sent to Hubdoc

Cons

Where to start? Hubdoc used to be a very good problem. Since Xero.com purchased Hubdoc it has gone downhill.

1. I spend more time connecting to my vendors
2. Customer support is just as bad as Xero support
3. Publishing to your accounting software doesn't work
4. You waste more time just trying to use Hubdoc as design
5. It's been six months and they still have not fixed issues with the 15 tickets open

Samantha R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Hubdoc for organization on the go

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

When having multiple users or cardholders linked to one account, this is a very helpful software to organize all of those potential receipts and transactions into one platform and folders.

Pros

The receipt capture capabilities and the quick link between the mobile app and online platform is flawless. The feature is quick and you can capture, rename, and file within seconds. Data entry becomes a breeze.

Cons

More smart technology to read receipt information in the future would be great.

Brian C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Must have software for small businesses

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

If you're a small business or accounting firm, use this software to save time from downloading invoices and statements to finishing your bookkeeping.

Pros

Auto-fetches online statements and invoices, thus saving time
Syncs invoices directly with QuickBooks Online and Xero, thus saving time
Allows for tagging feature to easily find information in the future

Cons

Can't tag receipts/invoices/statements uploaded through email

Susanne L.