Vonage Business Reviews

Brielle S.

Vonage Business for your business

Reviewed on 2016/11/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am overall satisfied with Vonage Business Support- each time I called on the phone I was given a real person to speak with and a case number, to ensure the quality of my "case" the next time I called. As a busy work professional, I found this very valuable. I spoke to an amazing tech after speaking with Vonage Business support. He was able to direct me to exactly what I was looking of in a very short amount of time. My business purchased over 10 lines and the Yealink T46G phones from Vonage. I find these to be incredibly professional phones with a large screen. This is extremely beneficial when I am wearing a headset, on the regular phone, or connected with m work cell.

Pros

In regards to Vonage Business Phone systems, I like most being able to speak with a real person to answer my questions. Help was available any time I called. The help was organized and true- this helped me weed out things I didn't have time for. As a busy professional, this was extremely valuable. Each person I spoke to was able to help me validate my "silly" questions and assist me through the Vonage experience. The Yealink also shows busy field lines, my favorite feature on the phone, so I can see who, in my offices, is on the phone. This saves me time.

Cons

I was disappointing that it took so long to find an associate that could answer my questions. I called three times previous with questions about the phone system, and on the third time I spoke with a very knowledgeable professional who could fully assist me with my system questions. My business has purchased Yealink phones and is disappointing that each phone requires a special Yealink donagle for the "Tested headset list compatible with Yealink IP Phone". While the Plantronics Voyager Legend came with a dongle, we had to order separate dongles for each phone.

6.0/10
Paul D.

Great IP phones for companies with multiple offices

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you are starting out or if you are an established company, we have found this to be the best option out there. We have tried Xfinity and several others and only found them to be hard to work with and or lack some of the main features that vonage offers.

Pros

There are many pros to the Vonage system. For us we have offices in different states, so when we have patients calling one office and need another we can transfer them as if we were in the same office. There is also the ability to set up a Virtual receptionist so that your company can seem as if it is a much bigger office giving your customers comfort. You can set up a 800 number as well as faxing all in one place. Very user friendly compared to some of the other IP options out there.

Cons

Setting up the system can be a little time consuming, but well worth it once it is complete. As will all IP phone systems you need to have active internet for the phones to work. If you lose internet due to a storm like we have in the past, your phones need to be routed to another phone like your cell phone to receive calls. The positive is that the system allows this to be changed via the app on your phone so this is just a minor bump in the road.

Kelsey B.

The Best On The Market

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Vonage Business has helped us increase productivity as well as provide critical services to our constituents.

Pros

Vonage Business has most definitely saved the day for my organization on numerous occasions. Because we work out of many remote locations, Vonage has enabled to have the reliability of a telephone connection at a much more affordable price than the phone company. Also, in the public safety field, we have to mobilize resources to a lot of different places where we can’t have the benefit of connecting to our operations bases with a landline. With Vonage Business, all we need is an internet connection and we are ready to do what we do best: provide fire protection and EMS. Also, Vonage Business has helped us tremendously with routing calls to the proper specialties of our organization.

Cons

The thing I like least about Vonage Business is the lack of a feature where I could type in a message and the auto-attendant would automatically be created in a pleasant sounding voice. Currently, we have to create our scripts in another program and then import the audio file into Vonage Business.

Saral S.

One of the best service provider for VOIP services

Reviewed on 2017/05/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Vonage Business Solutions is one of the reputed service providers for VOIP requirements, there is a vast array of plans and services to choose from, as per an individual's requirements. Now Vonage may be used from Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Phablets or smartphones too via mobile app. The customer support is efficient and hence one may not be stuck with an issue for too long. There is transparency in service and charges due to monthly pay-as-you-go business model. I will recommend using Vonage Business Solutions for all these reasons.

Pros

Budget VOIP calling plans worldwide. Easy pay-as-you-go business model. Robust Infrastructure, quick and customer friendly customer support. Versatility to use it with various softphones/hardphones. Good Call Quality, Business Reports Functionality, User-friendly UI. One of the oldest brands among VOIP service providers.

Cons

Vonage should offer more functionality with standard plans. I wish call recording feature was standard for a user, without incurring extra charge every month. Not many cons which I may think of at the moment. I also faced some trouble with their Vonage Business Desktop softphone, after which I switched to X-lite, which runs lag free with Vonage Business Solutions.

David M.

Premium Pricing, Insufficient Support, Unnecessarily Complex Interface

Reviewed on 2019/05/24
Review Source

It provides us with voice communications including an autoattendant. However, the experience has been quite frustrating due to high prices and poor service. The only reason I haven't switched us is because other more important projects are waiting.

Pros

- The mobile app is pretty slick and just works.

Cons

- Pricing is on the higher end for these sort of services and lots of functionality not included by default, must use paid add-on.
- The emails they send regularly link to their old admin dashboard, when you click you are prompted to visit the new dashboard, redirected to the individual (instead of admin) dashboard and then have to navigate into the admin dashboard.
- The UI has improved leaps and bounds over the years but still is over complicated.
- We've had an issue for ~1 yr (maybe more) where we are unable to create new voice recordings for the auto attendant (either using their call in feature or uploading a prerecorded file). Always get the run around on this - it is our browser (we are trying from multiple computers using multiple browsers, and yes we have cleared our cache), etc. Sometimes told there is an issue but it will be fixed by x date (never is). In the end we always have to have them upload the file. This time was told it was our network (but we've done it from multiple networks - office and multiple homes with their own ISPs) using both office and personal computers (e.g., it isn't a security program etc. on our computers).

1.0/10
Sandy H.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/11/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Vonage's apps for computers and phones makes it a seamless extension of my business.

Pros

I love that you can forward calls and messages to your personal cell phone, eliminating the need for corporate phones should the company desire. In addition, the desktop app makes it easy to make calls (even international ones) from anywhere. I like the integration of a company's contact list and speed dials for international locations--we have a large presence outside of the US and it's so simple to speed dial to Ireland quickly. You would think a US-based company would have trouble with this, but it's honestly so seamless with Vonage. Our Corporate team is very happy with the services they provide at a very fair price.

I really appreciate how Vonage makes our workflows easier and more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the features of calling a number directly from your computer were better, but honestly that doesn't impact my job too much. There are no major cons for me.

Greg G.

Vonage - my view

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

I have to say . . in the last year, the support has improved tremendously. I think there was a time when mergers and new employees seemed out of touch with the customer but not now. I have been more than pleased with my experience with Vonage lately . . especially call in support. They really do try and figure it out if you have an issue. Nice to see the difference lately! :)

Pros

Software if very easy to use. My overall experience has been good with the software. Pretty self explanatory when it comes to overall review. Drop down selections and menu boxes are easy to understand.

Cons

Found the online phone function or app a little cumbersome. Still a few bugs to work out. I have tried a couple of times and it eventually will be the right route to go with business and functions. I am a little old school . . like the phone on my desk and answer it like a normal. So maybe its the old dog new trick thing . . . I just will keep trying and hopefully it will be just right soon.

Shaumit K.

Vonage Business - A business worth to do with

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Pros

1. Easy to understand and work with.
2. Cost Effective plans.
3. Features like SimulRing, Three-Way Calling, Voicemail, and Call Forwarding are very elite and helpful
4. Its feature of VOIP( Voice Over Internet Protocol) has given Vonage more arena to blossom and help its customers.
5. It is available on web as well on phone, hence it has extended accessiblity
6. The extensions available in Vonage helps one to take the call and call anyone, anywhere.
7. Calls, if missed, can be seen as the Vonage team sends an email regarding calls and voicemails, so there is no delay
8. The text message feature helps me to connect with everyone in case, they mis calls or are in bad network area.

Cons

Some times, there is an issue for call drop. But it is minimal and happens due to poor internet connections.

VOIP Phone System Great for Traveling or Working Remotely

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We have been utilizing their service for over 6 six years and it's a really good value for your money considering everything that you get. If you're looking for ways to reduce costs, switch to VOIP with Vonage Business so you don't have to keep buying expensive desktop phones and headsets.

Pros

I like the ease of not having a physical phone that can be a hassle when traveling. We use this in our customer service call center and it allows multiple users to log into a queue and manage calls accordingly. It handles call recordings as well which is great for quality control.

Cons

Their system goes down every now and then, outages that has costs us a few customers. We then have to revert to your mobile phones to make outbound calls which is very inconvenient.

7.0/10
Addison R.

Great features, people and savings. VOiP call quality is what it is.

Reviewed on 2015/07/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We've been with the service since it was Vocalocity and compared to other VOiP telephony providers, their software and support was superior especially when you look at the price. Now there's more parity in the market place but at the time, it was a huge gamechanger for us, since we couldn't afford a traditional PBX. The support team is U.S. based and the call center is in Georgia. They've been nothing but friendly and actually helpful. This is crucial since VOiP is a very advanced, technical type of service.

Cons

VOiP is what it is. It's dependent on both your internet service, the connection to their servers, and their servers themselves. Occasionally their service is down, occasionally the call quality is poor. Sometimes it's on their end, sometimes it's local. You're just not going to have the quality consistency of a regular telephone line. That being said, the features that you get with VOiP balance it out.

Ugochi B.

No complaints- at all

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pros

I’ve been using vonage for my business for the past 6 years. I started using them in Canada and liked them so much that they were the first company I thought of when I relocated to the States. I like that they give their customers great introductory offers at the start. Thereafter, the rates are fair from year to year. If you want to keep the same rate, all you have to do is let them know of a better offer you have received elsewhere. I bet you they try to match it just to keep you. I love em. Vonage is here to stay.

Cons

No cons at all. No kidding. Why must I have one? I can’t think of one....yet

Chris G.

Great VOIP product with great administrative software

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

The service works excellent and is a great price. The account administration software is easy to understand and use. THey have made updates to make even easier to use and I like it.

Pros

The account administration software is very intuitive and easy to understand. I can do most anything with my account in this software and the changes happen as soon as I hit save

Cons

In the past they have had glitches where my saved recorded voicemail greetings have been lost and I have to re-record them. I wish it would notify you automatically when the message changes so I would know before a customer lets me know.

Ray F.

Good quality at a good price

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

You will definitely get more bang for your buck with Vonage Business and you still get all of the features.

Pros

Having the ability to forward your work number to your personal phone is a great feature. You also have the ability to make calls from your personal phone while your work phone number shows up on the recipient's caller ID. There are conference call options along with the mobile app options that will keep you and your team connected from almost anywhere.

Cons

The connection is internet based so if you lose power or your internet goes down, you have no phones.

Sourya G.

Excellent for Remote Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/03/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have a company based in the united states but I live abroad. Vonage has made it possible for me to stay in contact with my American clients without them even realizing i'm not in the country.

Pros

Voice to text feature is very important to me as I'm not always in the correct setting to listen to the messages we receive. It's fairly accurate and only seems to have issues with certain accents. The fair pricing and excellent customer service makes Vonage the choice that you are sure to pic.

Cons

At this pricing and the quality of the service, I have no cons.

Teresa herbic H.

Vonage Business Solutions IP Phone is Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/11/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great IP Phone Product! We highly recommend it!

Pros

We had a Vonage Business Solutions IP Phone for about two years for a home office job and absolutely loved it. The price, incredible! The power and the capabilities also exceptional. This is an incredible solutions for a home office environment phone that is cost efficient and easy to use!

Cons

None! We really liked this phone system. We thought the connection may not be good due to being an IP phone, but we had no issues whatsoever. Thank you!

Harsh R.

Vonage is Just Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Great to have Vonage.

Pros

I have been using Vonage from last 5 years. Its a great think for International calling. The Vonage Mobile Application also do the similar Job. Vonage call quality are really good and the cost of using Vonage is very less. Call forwarding feature really works well. The voice mail are converted into text and sent on your email id is the best feature i like.

Cons

i didn't really found any cons in Vonage, but the application of Vonage of phone something Lag a lot.

Amy G.

Game changer for my business

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

I used to carry two cell phones - one personal and one business. Then I got vonage and now I can answer (or not) business calls from my personal cell. I can also send a patient a quick text if I’m not available to my scheduling webpage. Pro tip: if you have an iPad, you can create keyboard “text replacements” in settings and with a couple of click, you can generate responses to customer calls or texts when you are away from the office.

Cons

Now cons so far. Every once in a blue moon the app will kick me out and want to me renter my password which I can never remember but that’s not their fault!

Shamroz S.

Vonage Business

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Great product for connecting the people. Helps us lot in the business. We want to use it in future if the cons above are are solved at least 50%.
Thank you.

Pros

This app helps all the people to access their vonage account at home also because many people from India also uses this app mostly recruiting companies. The app has a great UI which attracts the users to use it on daily basis. The great advantage using vongae business app on phone is that we can read the messages if someone texts us because in the office on dialer phones its not possible.
I really Enjoy using Vonage Business which give us great advantage to connect to people sitting abroad from India. It has a great Voice quality(HD Quality) and we can hear it very clearly very easy to use and options are very easy to handle.

Cons

what do i like least about it? Its the issue of voice breaking sometimes i understand that there is network problem but when i have a great network then also i face this issue. The names that appear when we receive the calls is not the name of the person actually calling us. This is the main issue i face.
Nothing Much.

Very affordable VoIP solution for small businesses

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Pros

For a new business or a smaller organization, Vonage is a great solution to get a centralized phone system VoIP set up. The app is great too!

Cons

The support can be a hit or miss and if you run into issues you have to deal with it. Although quality is usually great quality, it can also all depend on your overall internet connectivity which makes it hard to diagnose where the issue is if you start experience call drops or bad quality.

Trish A.

All in one

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I like that everything that has to do with our phones is in one place, and there are so many options available, some tools we need, but we do not need them all, so what I like the most is that they can be individually added, cutting cost!

Cons

They changed literally everything without warning, so we missed out on some important faxes, however, they fixed it right away & we are on track again, quick and efficient!

Guillermo S.

VoIP

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Voice quality is adequate.

Pros

The web dashboard is really comprehensive, you can control almost every aspect of the service. If required, advanced features like call queues can be added to the service.

Cons

Reliability has not been their strong point, with outages that have lasted for hours. There is an online health check site for the service where admins can check status of the Vonage cloud. Price points are not among the cheapest.

5.0/10

I love the easiness of using Vonage Business.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Great communication system in our office with virtually no issues.

Pros

Voicemails are easy to access when not in the office, they also get sent to the company e-mail if nobody answers. Easy to set up phone numbers through the app on a mobile phone for usage of number during off hours out of the office.

Cons

It can be a little bit pricey for what they offer but it really is a well built voice software so the price is worth it.

Mike B.

We update our phone systems to vonage and love it!

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

We now have multiple phone extensions and we can all be on the phone at the same time without interruption.

Pros

We love that you can create a virtual assistant and transfer calls around the office. It helps my small business appear very professional to our clients!

Cons

To get good phones it costs quite a bit of money. We got mid grade phones and they work good but I'm not able to use a headset or have Bluetooth capabilities

Emily M.

Glad we made the switch to Vonage

Reviewed on 2018/07/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

My company recently switched over to Vonage to be our call routing system, and I've personally been a big fan of it. As a vacation rental management company, we need some people to be on call 24/7, some only during the day, some only on certain days during the week, etc. And these people change, week to week, depending on our schedule. It can be pretty confusing, and at first, the Vonage system was not set up specifically to our preferred plan. However, the Vonage support staff was really great in creating a guide for us, and setting up meetings to make sure the system eventually flowed the way we needed it to. Their system is VERY user friendly and intuitive, once you get the hang of it. Everything is clean, the design is sleek, and the customer service is great. What more could you ask for?

Cons

Because the calls come over wifi and do not use cellular, the call quality can sometimes be very spotty. Additionally, as I already mentioned, the flow of Vonage can be difficult to figure out at first.

A VoIP Solution for Home-based Workers!

Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Review Source

Pros

Vonage Business saved me and my client hundreds of dollars! I use Vonage to connect with my client, our customers and in all other communication we do as a business. Pricing is affordable for small-medium businesses and to start-up businesses as well. Working homebased had been easier with Vonage. Their customer service is extremely friendly!

Cons

It's good that they offer Voicemail Transcription, but sometimes it's not accurate. I had to listen to the voicemail to verify if the transcripted message was correct or not.