Todoist

4.6 (2,411)
Write a Review!
The world’s #1 task manager and to-do list app.

(2,411)
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.4/5

Steve
Steve
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Pros

I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Cons

The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Get organized with Todoist

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

I need a simple software that i can relied on to managing my days, and Todoist is the best option for that objective. It can be connected or integrated with Google Assistant which will remind me of my event on my calendar with it voice.

Pros

The best thing that i really like is it can be access from various device and no need to install the software into the device. I use it as my organizer to schedule, remind and organized all my daily task and to-do list, either for my work task or for my personal task. It is not packed with feature like other project management software, but still can get the work done.

Cons

It lacked of feature that i need and sometimes it is quite frustrating and i have to using other software to get it done. Other than that, It is very helpful in reminding and scheduling my day and not too expensive to subscribing its premium plan.

Laura
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy To Use, Not So Easy To Organice

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

The founder of the company really likes it to keep track of what everyone is doing so I've been using it for the last 5 months (since I started in this company).
But anyway, I actually keep using the Notes App on Mac which is really similar to Todoist but I can keep my tasks private - which is something I wish I could do on Todoist, not sure if there is a way already but it's not very clear who can see what.

Pros

Me and my team really like how easy to use it is.
It helps keeping track of what needs o be done and lets other people know what's been completed.
It doesn't over complicate things and it's really good that you can have it on your phone and get updates on notifications.

Cons

I get that keeping it simple must be the main idea behind this app. However, I'd appreciate if some hierarchy could be applied when organising the tasks.
The way to organise projects on the left part could be, for example, group into folders so once a project is finished you could, for example, move it to an archive folder.

All the Karma points system and the notifications is a bit confusing or just not clear enough. Is it just to cheer you up when you've completed many tasks or has it got any actual purpose?

But the most important: I wish tasks wouldn’t disappear from my inbox right when I complete them.
I wish I could still see them (maybe in a lighter grey colour) so I see what I've completed and then I could manually move them into a project folder when I don't want to see them anymore.

Also, I'd appreciate if some type of colour coding could be applied in some way.

Victoria
Victoria
  • Industry: Publishing

Turning ideas to productivity. User friendly tool

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

This tool can be used from any device which is a great achievement on my view. It is easy to use too.

Pros

Sometimes, the most brilliant ideas crosses our minds when we least expect it. Unless recorded instantly, most of this ideas varnish and never come back. This software has changed the game for me. I easily keep record of my plans and schedule. It is easy to retrieve from the list anytime. I have also set reminders for the most crucial tasks giving me punctuality. The best part is that it is quite easy to customize this software making it quite relatable.

Cons

None in my experience. I appreciate every step of my journey with Todoist.

Betsy
Betsy

practical tool to manage projects and productivity

Reviewed on 2024/02/20

Pros

I like that it is easy to keep track of your daily activites, you can write and set up your reminders and link it to a specific project. You have access to it from website, pc app or phone app so you can have all your task at hand at anygiven time.

Cons

I think sometimes it is hard to go and edit some task, that editing part it is not so intuitive and you need to do so many clicks if you don't remember the short cuts.

Norzihan
Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simple tools, but effective

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Staying focus on task in hand and know which task needed to be complete first help me to expedite my work load and keep everything is in order within the time frame. It has help with my time managing and i would love to recommend Todoist to every team to try it.

Pros

Using Todoist to managing daily task and to-do list and to automatically notify me of my pending task is very easy to do with this software. Todoist really simplifying my work process and letting me to planning my work and task for the next 7 days. Delegating task in project to my team members can be done simply by giving them access to the project.

Cons

I will be ineffective to execute a complex project with Todoist, as they are missing some critical project management feature like agile kanban board that i need for collaborating project cross department. The emojis in the chat is not necessarily useful and should be replace with other useful feature.

Samiran
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

All about to doist (good?)

Reviewed on 2024/03/17

Ofcourse it's a best app for making your tasks complete and makeing a productive day

Pros

It's very simple to use and very effective 😄

Cons

It's need some extra features and stylish interface

Eladio

Best in the market solution for task management

Reviewed on 2023/10/18

I love the app. It works in every devide. Easy and fast. It is a must to have for me

Pros

It is fast and easy to add a new task. There are plenty of shortcuts to create, schedule and program recurrent tasks, from everywhere in tyour computer

Cons

I use Todoist for both work and grocery list. The day I go to the supermarket I eliminate tons of tasks (items ti buy). That completely misrepresent the real work I'm doing that day and ruins the Karma count in the app.

zoie
zoie
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

It's simply the BEST tool to get and stay organized.

Reviewed on 2023/12/20

Basically, there was life before Todoist and life after. I prefer the "after". Todoist has become an integral part of my day-to-day organizing and productivity. Both my personal and professional tasks and projects are on the app. I'm using it throughout the day to keep me on task. It has become essential and I've never had a glitch or problem. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love the really clean look of the app on all of my devices. It makes organizing and keeping track of Tasks and Projects easy, intuitive, and rewarding. I also love that Todoist is so easy to integrate with other software. I have it integrated with Google Calendar, Drafts, and Obsidian. Todoist has made my digital life organized, productive, and efficient. This is a great app.

Cons

Todoist is super easy to set up and use. It's very intuitive, but it also has some features that go beyond just the basics of a "To Do" list. The more advanced features like tags and categorizing will require a time investment to learn. If you want that level of organization it's worth the effort.

Karen
Karen
  • Industry: Research

Excellent features and easy to use

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

Easy to use across every platform I have.

Easy to use across every platform I have.

Pros

works across multiple platformsintegrates into other systems without needing admin rightsProvides a lot of functionality such as multiple lists, schedulingHas several different productivity systems built in that you can use and learn as you go along

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that needs improving!

Craige
Craige

Very decent product

Reviewed on 2023/11/17

really good it works well and allows for planning

really good it works well and allows for planning

Pros

scales well with the size of your business or team

Cons

folder limit - decent but can be limiting if you prefer to use multiple projects

Microsoft To Do and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

todoist was simply way easier to use and learn

Todo Something

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

ease of use and integration with external tools and workflows
  • Industry: Hospitality

Really good to track personal goals

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

Really good, I use it for my personal tasks and business tasks when it's just me in charge of the tasks.

Pros

It's easy to use, intuitive and their free tier is a good fit for most of the people, also the paid tier really worth it

Cons

When using in big teams is not so easy to manage the tasks, it gets a little difficult and complex

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoist free plan is really good and for personal uses i preferred Todoist. Also their mobile app is minimalist and really easy to use.
Faith
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Keeps Us Organized and On Task

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

Todoist has been a game-changer for us. Its ease of use and interactive feedback helps us stay focused and achieve goals. They continue to work to improve it and a recent update has made using the app even easier. We are never without it when on-site or in the workroom.

Pros

We are theatre costumers who costume 12-14 shows a year. We use Todoist to keep track of all actors and their various costumes needed and the tasks required to complete those costumes. We love how easy it is to add new tasks to an existing one and how flexible each task can be. We can add a due date, assign a team member, and use labels to let us know what needs to be done or where it needs to be retrieved or bought from. It celebrates your productivity and emails you if a task is overdue as well as a report of how you did for the week. We can always tell if we did not use Todoist as faithfully as we should have during a project and in meetings the response to "How do we stay on task and organized?" is always "Remember to update and use Todoist!"

Cons

There is a 300 task limit to every project and we can easily hit that when we are first starting out and getting everything laid out for a show. It would also be nice to add an entire team to a project instead of individuals one at a time.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Producteev's setup was a bit clunky. We didn't dislike it, but it was not incredibly intuitive to use when it came to our needs so we decided to shop around and see if there was something we liked better.

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Basecamp was too expensive for our small operation. Todoist, while not having all of the features we loved about Basecamp, was still easy to use, organize, and its price range was within our budget.
Zeynel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

One of the sofware I wish I had been used before

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

I use Todoist for almost anything in my life. From managing complex project to editing watching, reading shopping list, to scheduling my workout plan to tracking my monthly progress and so on. I also use this software as a bookmark tool for something I need to watch, read or write later. It is like part of my life.

Pros

* It provides almost anything you expect from a productivity app.
* Not only does it help you to create or manage your task but it also motivate you with its feature of karma level.
* The feature of 2 way sync with Google Calendar is great. I can easily schedule my task and plan my day in a calendar, without even have to open Todoist. Being able to create new sub-calendar in your calendar for each project in Todoist, is even better.
* You can create sub-tasks in sub-task in a subs-task and so on. Moreover, for each sub-task, you can add due date, notes. And this feature is really precious while you working on complex project.
* Sorting and grouping features make task management more effective.
* There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. Just typing with keyboard, you can add task, set the due date and priority level and move it to any project. That makes editing projects even faster.
* There are board and list view options. It is really helpful while dealing with different types of projects.
* There are well-organized templates to create a project faster.
* You can create so many project and easily edit, sort, or group them.
* Scheduling options are more than enough. It is so powerful editing recurring tasks.
* Maybe some of the features require payment but I can't complain about it because it is not so expensive and it is effective enough without it premium feature.

Cons

* Although its 2-way sync with Calendars is really powerful, it would better if there was a calendar view option.
* Sometimes, there may be a sync problems with Calendar apps.
* I used to monitor multi-project in one screen. But I cannot do it anymore, after the new updates.
* There could be habit tracker option for recurring tasks .

Oluwadamilola

A Comprehensive Look at Todoist - A Powerful Task Management Tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/21

I've been using Todoist for several years now and it has been an invaluable tool for keeping my work and life organized. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, and I appreciate the ability to sync my tasks with other apps. The cost is a bit pricey but the features make it worth it.

Pros

Todoist is an incredibly powerful and user-friendly task management tool. It's incredibly easy to use and allows me to organize my work and life tasks in a way that's intuitive and efficient. It also integrates with a variety of other productivity apps, making it easy to sync my tasks with my other projects.

Cons

The biggest downside is the cost. Todoist is not the cheapest option out there. Additionally, the free version does not offer as many features as the paid versions, so users looking for more advanced features may need to opt for the paid versions.

Wiktor

Not enough integration in Todoist

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

I used to for both personal and bussiness needs for a few moths. But as my bussiness grow and i wanted to manage my personal tasks more consistently, i needed integration with other software. Since Todoist did not provide enough integration options, i had to switch to other software.

Pros

Elegant design, speed and some intuitive, easy to learn features in the field of task and project managment,

Cons

It doesn't have enough integration with other softwares. Since I can't reasonably connect it to my e-mail, my calendar, my notes taking app, the value of Todoist drops down.

Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Searching for quicker, more easily adjustable software, which would meet my personal and bussiness needs.

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoist is nicer, more elegant, faster and more advanced.
Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Todoist is the best for To-do-list

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

This software has really helping me to coordinate my time, task and schedule in central hub. The integration with other service like outlook and Zoho Notebook is giving more value to this software. Overall,I really like this software.

Pros

Todoist has really improve my effectiveness in managing my to-do-list and recurring daily task in my schedule. Its board and card layout is easy to drag around and i really like this style of task management because it is easy to see my overall task.

Cons

There are not much feature and tools that i can use to build a more complex or project with detailed resource. Todoist will constantly sending me a notification for unfinished task and sometimes it is a distraction that i don't need.

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Todoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.

Pros

What I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.

Cons

- Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version)
- If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild

Microsoft To Do and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Geo location reminders and platform accessibility. I mean, it's on or interfaces with most of the services I use. So it was the easiest and most obvious choose to help me stay organized.

Changed how I work & live

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Pros

No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule.

The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work.

Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things.

Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

What Did I Do Before Todoist?

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

I've definitely seen myself become more productive with the integration of Todoist in my life. I've gotten in a good habit of writing tasks down in Todoist as they come so I'm not forgetting anything. I love that you can just easily have the list in front of you at all times to constantly remember what you have to do. The biggest thing has been the reoccurring tasks - I've been able to keep up with some tasks that can be menial and sometimes slip to the back burner on busy days. I love tracking my progress and really seeing how much I have improved with Todoist.

Pros

What I love about Todoist is how easy it is to organize all my to-dos and tasks for a day and where they fall on my list of priorities. I love being able to quickly jot things down as I'm running from meeting to meeting and integrate it into my Outlook so I get reminders if something slips. Having the option to make something occur weekly has also helped me remember things that sometimes I can let fall in the back of my mind. I've been able to track my progress on how well I've been doing and seeing the number of recurring tasks that I have kept after is so rewarding. As a visual person, I love the color coding to help with prioritizing. It also helps when you have multiple teams in Todoist, so you can assign them the tasks and they know which level of priority the tasks are. Overall, Todoist has changed the game in how I organize and get things done.

Cons

Sometimes I do experiences glitches with the Outlook plug in and the tasks don't always integrate with my calendar to update me. I also can get too many updates for my recurring tasks sometimes as well, which doesn't happen too often, but is still something that can throw me off through the weeks. Sometimes the templates available aren't always the most efficient for that area of work (i.e. the content calendar one is a little too simple and doesn't always organize the content super clearly). There aren't that many cons to Todoist in my opinion!

Souhil
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

The Best To Do List Tool for Everyone

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

It helped me to save a lot of time and stay focused on what's important because now I know what I have to do daily and everything is saved in the app.
I tried a lot of To-Do List apps and after trying Todoist I can say I finally found what I'm looking for and I'm really happy with it and I will recommend it to anyone who needs a To-Do List app.

Pros

I love it because It's Free and easy to use and I like the clean user interface because It's user friendly and everyone can get used to it in a few minutes also, I like the dark theme option.
I like the Productivity tracking feature because now I can see all the completed tasks and I can set daily and weekly goals.
The clean UI is amazing and without any complicated stuff, you can add projects, labels, and filters with just a few clicks.
The mobile app for me is the best because it has all the features and it's very easy and with a clean and simple user interface.
I can sort my Tasks by priority, project, name or by date, or even by the assignee.
I like the Inbox because I can write my ideas or any general tasks and things I need to do and things I don't need to create a project for them.
Today and Upcoming section are great because I see just what I need to do for example today and I really don't need to worry about tomorrow's tasks...etc.and this gives me the motivation I need to start working and finishing my daily tasks.
I like the cards and how easy I can move them between the sections and also, I like the sub-tasks option because it helped me to stay organized.
I like the Emails I get and this is a cool way to remind me if I missed a task or something.
I can schedule any task using their calendar option and I can have like one week or one month calendar.
There is a lot of helpful YouTube videos about this tool and I learned a lot from them.

Cons

They can add a note-taking option for us because sometimes we need to take quick notes.
They can add a built-in Emoji feature to add some fun and cool stuff to our Lists and Projects.
They can add more helpful features for us in the near future.

Todoist - An Excellent Task Manager

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

On the whole I have found Todoist to be an excellent help. It allows me to check in and see what's on my schedule when I'm away from all of my other devices and it's helped me to keep track of all of my tasks and events.

Pros

I really like Todoist because the interface is simple, yet powerful. Once you get used to it, there are so many things you can do with it.

For example, I use a lot of filters to view only the tasks that are relevant to me at any given moment. For instance, I have a "Today" filter that shows all my tasks for today, and I have a "Starred" filter that shows all my tasks that I am currently excited about and don't want to lose track of.

I love having the big picture of all my goals while still being able to focus on one individual task at time.

Cons

Todoist is one of the most popular to-do list apps, but there are a couple of things that Todoist could do better.

First, Todoist doesn’t have proper “subtasks” like Wunderlist does. You can nest tasks inside projects in Todoist, but they don’t roll up into the parent task—it’s just a way to visually organize your tasks. If you want subtasks in Todoist, you have to create regular tasks and add them as dependencies to the main task, so you see them in your Today view or as Overdue.

Second, Todoist doesn’t have a way to assign due dates to subtasks—you can only set a single due date for the entire project. If you assign dates to the subtasks themselves (which get hidden in the project view), they don’t show up in your calendar view and there’s no way to roll them up into the parent task.

Richard
Richard

An elegant cross-platform project manager that works wonderfully for individuals and small...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

I've used Todoist for over 4 years, and it helps me manage both my work and personal projects. I use it for everything from grocery lists to large software development projects, and it works great no matter how big the project gets.
The flexibility has made a huge difference. Over the years I've changed the way I work, and instead of having to go search for a new app, I can just change the labels and filters that I use to create a completely different workflow.
I love that I can access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet, and even directly within Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It's helped me stay on top of things and succeed in school, work, and at home.

Pros

I enjoy the incredible language recognition that makes it easy to capture tasks, set due dates, priorities, organize tasks by project, and apply custom labels to tasks. It's very simple and easy to use, which is uncommon among professional project management apps.
It is easy to break projects into sub-projects, and use sub-tasks to help break big tasks into manageable pieces. This makes it a perfect fit for small businesses or teams.
It also has great collaboration features, such as sharing tasks with others, assigning tasks and sub-tasks to individuals, and attaching files and comments to tasks or projects.
Todoist has an app for every operating system, including browsers, phones, desktops, the web, and even smart watches. I personally love the Chrome browser extension and Gmail integration.
I love the custom filters, they are incredibly powerful and allow you to build your own workflows. I use filters and labels to organize my tasks by location, by priority, by the amount of time each task will take, and by due date.
Todoist integrates with many other products such as Google Calendar, DropBox, Google Drive, Slack, Google Assistant, and dozens more. Todoist works hard to be everywhere and integrate with everything, making it a really powerful tool.

Cons

Todoist only lets you view your tasks in list form. Most project planning tools give you a calendar view, a Kanban board view, or some other types of visualizations.
You also can't set due dates on projects themselves, and don't have a way to mark a project as completed. You can compensate for this by using sub-tasks instead, but it can get annoying at times.
The UI is very simple, and doesn't give you much control over themes. You can change the color of the title bar, but that's about it.

Zoran

An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality.

As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product.

The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Pros

Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms.
30-day trial and easy to cancel.
The end of trial email reminder.
Many ways to measure and visualize progress.
Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail.
It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro.
Great social media presence.
An excellent support blog and support help guide center.
Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync.
Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan.
Shared project settings.
Quick add task feature.
Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment.
Productivity meter.
It has many options available for editing tasks.
Available in 17 languages.
Available in 10 multi-color themes.
Daily and weekly goals.
Motivational features.
Backup downloads.
Automatic downloads.
Google Calendar 2-way sync integration.
An email notification controls.
Centralized team billing.
It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites.
It adds and removes users easily.
The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Cons

Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app.
The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel.
An Android app does not move to the SD card.
Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts.
It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited.
2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that.
The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency.
The calendar feature is missing.
Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

Bhavik

An Awesome Task and Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

Pros

The best thing about Todoist is its simplicity. It's really easy to use and with a really simple and clean interface. It has all the basic features that a task management solution should have. Above that, it has some really useful features that helps in improving productivity. Reminders work as expected and it also has support for location specific reminders.

Cons

The one thing I would love for Todoist to improve is the sub task system. Subtasks are not really easy to use and can be improved. Also, it can add time tracking to become a one stop solution.

Any.do, Microsoft To Do and Notion