Moodle

Chamath
  • Used for 6-12 months

The e-learning platform for 100+ students

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

In the beginning, I would say it's a bit harder to learn but after I read their documentation and refer some guides I become a master of Moodle. There are a good amount of helping documentations with Moodle you can find almost anything on their documentation. I’m happy to say that still our students using it daily. If you have a small budget this is a great choice. I’m very satisfied on Moodle and I can recommend for anyone those who are looking for a good LMS platform

Pros

I have used Moodle for an organization to implement an e-learning platform. I have searched for may LMS and finally, I selected Moodle because it’s open source and very customizable for our requirements. While I am using the Moodle I can list down some pros according to my experience

- Moodle has Multilingual capability that allows users to use multi-language it was a great feature for me.
- Manage user roles and permission, You can define roles to users and manage user access
- Bulk course creation and easy to backup
- Customizable or create our own themes
- Very useful calendar to track course deadlines, meetings and many more
- Admin user can Install and disable 3rd party plugins

Cons

Though Moodle offers many features there are some things that I don’t like much. I can list a few cons of Moodle

- The learning curve is a bit higher for administration and building Moodle courses for First-time users
- If you need to customize some functionalities requires a Moodle programmer
- The look and feel a bit outdated even if you use a theme it feels like bit older
- I faced some upgrading issues it’s not that easy for me

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Moodle is free and customizable for our needs and we can host it anywhere we want.
dipen
dipen

Easy to made learning platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

My overall experience with Moodle is really worthy. me and my team are creating new class, courses and tests on Moodle and it takes very small amount of time. Course management is really nice and User interface of Moodle is really understandable to students.

Pros

1. Free and effective open source learning.
2. Create easy assignments and learning management as per subject and as per class.

Cons

1. Bulky and heavy User interface.
2. No end to end security provided.
3. No option to signup user accounts automatically.

Google Classroom and CANVAS

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Google Classroom, another useful tool from Google. I switched to Moodle because Moodle is open source and interface is understandable to students.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

I choose Moodle over these alternative because, Moodle is open source and highly customizable as per requirement.
Paweł

Overrated, confusing, inadequate

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

I've been using this system because it has been installed at my college as the learning platform for students. In general, I find this platform awkward to use and not optimal for school/college education. Its grading system is totally inadequate for a school environment. It has modules that I don't need while lacking in those that I do need. A lot of it is confusing, e.g. some activities for testing or creating quizzes/feedback activities don't really do what you would expect (e.g. the Survey only uses predefined sets of questions, and you can't create your own [sic]). The layout is often confusing, or even buggy, e.g. when you view your students' grades and they overflow past the edge of the page, you can't really scroll to see them - unless you first scroll down to see the horizontal scroll bar, which I didn't even realise until someone pointed that out to me (there's usability for you). The enrolment system is atrocious - it overlaps a new design with an old system of enrolment, and it's terribly confusing. Unenrolling a batch of students requires some incredible tricks. And there are more annoying shortcomings and bugs. You can't expect a piece of (free) software to be perfect, but I find this system to be one of the clumsiest and annoying in terms of usability, functionality, design, and general concept.

Pros

It's free, actively developed, and ubiquitous. I don't quite understand why it's so popular, but because of its popularity support is easy to find.

Cons

It lacks features that would make it suitable for (ironically) a school/college/university environment. Notably, it doesn't have a proper grading system for classroom activities such as tests and exams. The only way to grade those (that I know of) is to create an Assignment activity and disable all the submission options, which is a very clumsy workaround (and one that is confusing for students). The enrolment/unenrolment system is a disaster.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Functional E-learning with Moodle for contact and distance learning

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

Overall the platform does what it's supposed to do, which is to digitize learning and bring convenience to students. Even though the platform is outdated, it does serve its purpose.

Pros

We had different courses and learning materials from different teachers, so the platform was definitely expansive for students who are unable to process information quickly in class for them to be able to review the lesson in the comfort of their own space. The platform served its purpose, and as learners we were proud to be the first users in our district to be using a Learning systems management platform, and with little training, the students were able to navigate the platform seamlessly.

Cons

The user interface could do with some upgrading, the platform even though it serves its purpose, it is quite outdated and doesn't correlate with the technology/ software of today. The platform also appeared to be less intuitive and a bit buggy.

Response from Moodle

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you found Moodle to be a supportive tool for distance learning.

We are continuously working on improving Moodle to deliver the best possible learning environment. To discover the new and improved features of Moodle, including changes to UX/ UI, with our latest release, please visit https://moodle.com/moodle-4/.

If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation's unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Moodle Team

Marco
Marco
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Leading open source e-Learning solution

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

We adopted Moodle in our company to setup an e-Learning plaform for training to both manufacturing and office employees (around 500). Most of our courses are related with production practices, quality and work instructions, and main supports are represented by professionally recorded footage, SCORM compliant. We're still at deployment phase, with massive upload of users (very convenient), definition of roles, and structuring of courses, but the platform itself feels very responsive, quick and efficient. Included features are very impressive, and can be easily enriched by available plugins, that allow a very tailored customization.

Pros

Moodle is the reference open source e-learning platform, with recognized robustness of its architecture and responsiveness of design. Offers very detailed configuration options, allowing complete customization upon your needs. Moodle community is extremely active, with wide availability of certified 3rd party plugins, and documentation for every step. Extremely good compatibility with most common media formats, and compatible with most common SCORM standard.
Being a pro-level platform, Moodle is ideal for both business and scholar deployments.

Cons

Require expertise in order to be installed on premise with proper secure configutarion (internal server / hosted VPS) and require training and documentation reading to really handle and customize the platform. Not for newbies.

Forma LMS and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

On premise (hosted VPS) solution was preferred because offers higher php customization options (like max upload file size), which is perfect if you need to upload footage. Moodle is the most complete open source on-premise solution. While fully hosted solutions generally limit the file size of uploaded files.
Luis Carlos
Luis Carlos

The standard on what an e-learning platform should provide

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

The first time I used Moodle it was probably six years ago, as a student. I like how it came a long way on improving its user friendliness without sacrificing on features, now that I use it as a professor. When ever I think about an e-learning or education management platform, it is what comes to my mind first.

The reason why I don't give it a 5 star rating is because some competitors have also came a long way on improving, may a little bit further, in the past few years. Specially when it comes to student's user interface, there are some alternatives that I've worked with that are more appealing to a young audience.

Still, as for me, it does everything that I need it to do, exactly how I need it to do it.

Pros

This software has exactly what you would expect and most likely need from an e-learning management platform. No less, no more. That means there are no weird options here and there and it is not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

The user interface seems a little dated, specially when you consider a lot of the target audience are teenagers / young adults who want everything to be flashy.

Regards.

Matthew
Matthew
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Perfect for Remote Learning Scenarios

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

As my University shifted from face-to-face classes I became much more reliant on Moodle and I have now been using their integrations with blackboard collaborate to stream and host video lecturers. This is a must have platform for distance learning despite letdowns with the gradebook.

Pros

Moodle allows me to have a centralized repository of information for my course. I have now placed code, grades, course materials, powerpoints and even video lectures on my course container. My students have no excuses as they know to check Moodle for any course updates.

Cons

The gradebook is hard to use and I am a Computer Science Lecturer. It is difficult to configure and I really wished it were friendlier to non-techies.

Chamroeunrith
Chamroeunrith
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Moodle Still the best platform for Distance Learning

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

if we just using the moodle for normal use for internal school is fine, but if hosting for public is not so good with security and bandwidth as my experience and cost more on implementation, training, hosting services.

Pros

- alot of features if compare to another platform
- can coding for more module and integrated with many plugin
- more professional for higher education, especially for k9-k12, university.

Cons

well, moodle is require alot of IT resource to develop it according to the school need.
- teacher are require high knowledge of using it, also when hosting it slow and sometime during alot of access at the same time its slow.
- security also the concern problem for IT to consider too because its need to upgrade often for bug fix, and sometime during upgrade it caused error not accessible when we have the plugin integrated alot.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

well, copy the lesson to student via flash it make alot of problem especially virus, so we decided to use moodle instead, to reduce the risk of virus attack via flash usb.
Franck

my university advisor

Reviewed on 2024/01/14

Pros

I appreciated its ease of use and flexibility

Cons

I didn't like its interworking and ergonomics

Vanshika
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy learning

Reviewed on 2024/01/19

Pros

Moodle make teaching easy and fast
very reliable

Cons

sometimes the employees unable to learn through these means

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A complete solution for blended learning!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I have implemented Moodle LMS for many industries including Colleges, Universities, Manufacturing, Retail, Career Development Centers, Online Training institutions, Information, Media & Entertainment industries. Except the product is an open-source, I do not see ANY issues. This can be hosted in Amazon Web Services or in Azure cloud, it can be hosted in client environment. Moodle can be integrated with any 3rd party (both inbound and outbound) applications as long as their APIs are exposed. This has lot of in-built plugins/tools to manage ILT Events and Sessions, Chats, Virtual Learning Environment tools, etc. I highly recommend this low-cost solution for any type of industry.

Pros

Moodle is a complete e-Learning platform for many industries. It is well-suited for Education Industry. I have implemented Moodle in the large universities and colleges in the world. Most inspiring features are
- the course section which can be grouped based on customized categories and sub-categories
- forum which can be associated with the topics at course level or at organization level
- Cohort which helps the institute to manage the batch-wise students group every year and can be promoted to next level without much manual efforts
- Question Bank which can accommodate more than 12 types of assessments and can also be integrated with other assessment management systems or plugins

Cons

There is no limitation on the features, since this is an open source application, we cannot use it for GxP contents in Life Sciences and may not comply with Banking/Insurance industries.

Blackboard Learn and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Low-cost, highly flexible, scalable, robust, technical compatibility, user-friendly, no license cost
Adonay
  • Industry: Information Services

An excellent learning management system

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Although it was a bit difficult and had to figure it out on our own about the server setup, once it was working, the path to set up courses, integrating modules was pretty straight forward. Our already made SCORM resources were loaded without any major trouble and worked flawlessly.

Pros

It has lots of features 'right out of the box', setting it up once installed is relatively easy and it has a great community where you can find answers for almost every issue or 'how to setup X' you could find. Also, there are lots of modules made for the platform that integrate really well.

Cons

The recommended installation process (directly from server terminal) didn't work for us on any server we tried to deploy it. We ended setting all our instances via web (which is a very great option). Also, although they have lots of support about their features and setup, they don't have the same level of support on setting the platform under certain circumstances (at server level) like reverse proxies, nat, etc.

Opigno LMS and Chamilo

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Mostly about costs. The blackboard platform use to have extended downtimes, so, we looked for something we can deploy on our own (or the client's) servers.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Because we needed a tool that has easy to set up groups, assignments, lessons and related stuff no matter which industry it's intended for. Right now Moodle is doing it perfectly for schools as for business training. Also the gamification feature ads lots of value for the clients theses days.
Alan

Moodle - The Perfect Open Source LMS

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

I have used Moodle since 2005. I first introduced it to the school district I worked in. After its introduction, it became the number one online source for teachers, students, and parents. I based my doctoral thesis on the use of Moodle in our school district. I've also used it over the years, as an educational consultant, part-time college faculty remember, and educational trainer.

Pros

First off the software is free. If you have a server, either hosting yourself or hosting service, you can easily set up a Moodle. With a little experience, you are able to have your class up and running in no time. Easily import information into your course. Finally, there are numerous free plugins that enhance your course.

Cons

The biggest problem is if you find a plugin that you can use in your course if you don't have access to the backend to install you may run into problems with whoever administers the Moodle to install the plugins.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Google Classroom just didn't offer all the additional addons that Moodle has to offer. Also, managing, merging, importing into Moodle is by far more powerful than what Google Classroom has to offer. The only thing that puts Google Classroom above Moodle is that more people are familiar with Google. Also, more companies have embraced integrating into Google Classroom. If you want more of a repository of information without the more student-centered approach then going with Google Classroom would work. However, if you want a more interactive experience for your students, Moodle outshines any other product.
Sean

5 Year Student Experience with Moodle

Reviewed on 2021/05/28

Overall, Moodle has been a (necessary) help throughout my time in higher education. It's great when professors want it to be great, but without their development efforts, it's pretty lackluster and reflects poorly on them.

Pros

Our university portal was a skinned version of Moodle, and when set up correctly, it provided a streamlined experience with access to all course materials, forums, and grades. It's lightweight and easy to navigate. As a TA, I found that the backend was equally simple, though some professors clogged it with information that led to a bloated administrative experience.

Cons

The software is only as good as the professor (or page administrator) wants it to be. Those that go the distance are able to offer a streamlined complement to the learning experience, in-depth feedback, and supplement the class with online resources. Professors that did not take the time to do this left us with a barebones skeleton of a page that seemed to reflect disinterest in interacting with the students.

Brian
  • Industry: Libraries

Solid choice

Reviewed on 2022/03/24

We run and manage our own Moodle installation. As we have that capability, it has greatly reduced the financial commitment necessary to implement the software. As we are a non-profit, this is a huge factor in our decisions regarding software options.

Pros

We have been using Moodle for well over a decade to handle our continuing education program. It's flexible enough to generally handle most styles and formats in some way.

Cons

The overall look of Moodle has remained constant over the years. A good chunk of that is handled by the theme you implement, however, the base interface is mostly the same regardless of the theme used. Deviating from that is not a path for the timid.

Sakai LMS and CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Moodle just turned out to be a better fit. The interface worked better for us, and the system requirements made it simple enough to jump in.

Regards.

Hanno
  • Industry: Higher Education

The all in one tool for learning management

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

Moodle is our one stop shop for all our course materials, course communication, and operational functions. It is a big chunk of software and you need a good server and a qualified administrator, but then your are done and can offer a modern learning environment.

Pros

Moodle is more than just a platform for sharing learning materials. It is a real managment tool that allows to steer the learning process of the students. In Learning, communication is everything. Moodle provides the tools to communicate from the trainer to the students, vice versa, and between the students.
The tools are very versatile so there is the right functionality for every learning experience you can imagine. It even contains a H5P editor.

Cons

If you use Moodle out of the box ist looks pretty much like your file exporer in Windows. It need some additional themes and styling to look attractive for students.

Dianne

Superb solution but difficult to set up

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

I consult to clients who have tried to implement Moodle and recognise it's value but are struggling to get a practical, organised system. There are human issues of acceptance and the system isn't used, or the opposite where they have "created a monster" that is unwieldy. Once the system is structured correctly, and staff are trained in the right way to get the most benefit, it is always beneficial. Expensive paid systems force the client management team to go through a formal process of implementation including culture and planning, but a free system is often simply installed without strategy planning about how it is going to be used.

Pros

Moodle is opensource, and therefore inexpensive and low risk to test. If a company is considering eLearning, this should be your first option as a pilot. No pre-planning is as good as actual experience. The difficulty does not lie with the software, but that an eLearning system is a complex activity and is expected to meet the needs of very different users - different education levels, different technology capabilities and with different learning methods. Moodle shows if your company is ready for eLearning, and quickly gets you up and running. A lot of older training materials are in PDF, powerpoint and other formats, and Moodle allows "drag-and-drop" and importing of zip files or SCORM files.

Cons

This is difficult to set up, particularly if you want to make use of the assessments. You need to define your users and your strategy up front or it can become a muddle with different departments adding "courses". In a way it is almost TOO is easy to use, and individual departments create a "course" and add new categories, and dump hundreds of file with no categorisation. Most Moodle systems will need to be reorganised and "cleaned up" regularly if allowed to grow organically.

Macon
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Pretty versatile learning management system

Reviewed on 2022/12/19

Overall, I'm happy with Moodle. The assignment organization and task list has been very helpful in the new update. Moodle has been very reliable for me and I feel generally happy with how both I and my institution are able to use it.

Pros

The biggest thing I like about Moodle that I like is that it's easy to access all of my course material in one place. Almost everything is just a couple clicks at any given point in the website. I also like the new update that reorganized the dashboard to a much more customizable setup. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Moodle and feel like it's been very reliable for me in my years of using it.

Cons

It seems like it's hard for professors to get Moodle to accurately reflect grades. Something about getting the weighted percentages or the assignment classification seems like it could be difficult on the back end. I also wish that the course pages for classes could have separate pages within the larger page. It would help subdivide the course information more evenly.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Hèlia
Hèlia
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great learning platform

Reviewed on 2022/12/21

Moodle is a definitive educational platform that helped the learning process during pandemic and am pretty sure will continue to be used in the following years.

Pros

Moodle is a very versatile learning platform that can gather all the activities a professor needs to conducts remote learning. It can host texts, media, lessons and grade activities which give an opportunity to assess students learning as well.

Cons

Impor and export of materials to clone tasks to different courses need significative improvements.

Blackboard Learn and Schoology

LearnDash

Omesan

Moodle empowering virtual learning, anywhere, anytime on any device

Reviewed on 2023/05/27

Pros

I have used Moodle for a good few years as a learner, tutor and teacher or lecturer and I have been exposed to many of its features. The features that I like most about Moodle are 1. Moodle is able to adapt to the user needs by providing the user with options to customize layouts, themes, forums and even tests and assessments. Thus catering for the unique learning experience that one wants to bring across and transfer between educator and learner.2. Moodle provides the educator or tutor with the variety of interactive activities making virtual learning much easier between educator and learner. This feature prevents the silos that might be created by allowing for discussion forums to occurs thus breaking down the barriers that may occur when misunderstanding tasks. Communication is not just limited between educator and learner, but provides the ability for educator and educator and learner to learner communication 3. Moodle is a cost effective option for companies and learning organizations for all sizes this could be attributed to them being an open source platform. It easy to scale and expand as ones workforce grows.The analytical tools allows educators and tutors to always have insight into learners learning progress that helps the educator and tutor to target those students that require more assistance than others and personalize the learning paths and change teaching strategies

Cons

When I first started using Moodle, it took me a while before I could grasp it's extensive features and customization options. Thus making it more of a completely new software that one needs to read the instruction manual about. Although there are alot of customization options, the user interface design is less appealing usually giving you the vibe that there is some sort of learning or work to complete. Maintenance and setup within an organization or business may require technical expertise and may incur a cost

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. To get the best out of the platform, please refer Moodle Academy and Moodle Community. Furthermore, Moodle's global network of Certified Partners and Service Providers can provide personalised support.

Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k

Regards, Moodle

Vashi
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Moodle as a student and administrator

Reviewed on 2018/03/03

There is not really any cons about Moodle. It is a highly satisfying product that is worth a try.

Pros

First: It is free!

As a student: it has easy navigation, provides a dashboard with all the related courses currently enrolled, it has a calendar on the right highlighting all the upcoming submission dates. It also notifies us about the upcoming events the lecture has set. All the information are arranged in a neat format. It shows the online users. It has portfolio option, makes it easy to keep track of all our works. It also has email facilities so we can email other users.

As an administrator: There is so many features incorporated in Moodle! The teacher has the power to design the moodle course in however way they want: It integrates SCORM packages, documents, videos, links, quiz, different grading systems (average/individual) and the grade history of the students on the platform. The teacher also has the flexibility to program when to make one lesson visible (by presetting the time and date), when to close assignment submission past deadline automatically, or to create specific forums and events. One can use moodle to run a class or to act as a learning repertoire. There is also the option to add a chat room for a particular lesson. What I also appreciate is the feature to monitor course participation and activity log report of students. By including keys to the lessons, we can control who we give access to the contents on the forum. Thus it can either be open contents or private. The power lies in the hands of the administrator.

Cons

The chat feature should be an in-built feature rather than a pop-out screen available only when the administrator adds it as part of a lesson.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

Free Open-Source Powerful Learning Management System

Reviewed on 2022/11/22

Great LMS Platform for both Teachers and Students. Ease of configuration and deployment. It includes all the features like, courses, Assignments, Exams and many more. Secure place to keep students files. Moodle mobile app brings mobility to users in anywhere at anytime. Specially, Moodle id Totally FREE and Open-source System. Anyone can use Moodle without Hesitation.

Pros

Ease of Deployment. Our team never faced any issues when we deploy our online courses and materials via Moodle. There are lots of tutorials and guidance out there, that will help anyone to archive their goals with in Moodle. User interface is very friendly for both Students and Teachers. Moodle helps us a lot in Covid Pandemic period. Best Long Distance Learning System we found so far. Moodle has a Password Encryption method that helps it users to keep their account safe and secure. Online exam feature is a great tool in Moodle. We don't have to use any other third party tools to conduct online exams.

Cons

Nothing to mention but Moodle Developers should improve the user experience in Moodle Mobile App.

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR

Best LMS Platform - Especially for School/Colleges

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

We are using Moodle for our college and we and our learners are happy on our platform. We can easily manage online courses and studies for our students. Our exams on Moodle LMS are very professional. We are providing quality education by using such a great functionality developed by Moodle team. Bonus point is that moodle is an open source platform. Again Thanks to Moodle team.

Pros

The world most open source and best LMS system. It comes with a lot of features and best for school and colleges especially it now helps our students during lockdown. Some of the most best features are:
1. Open Source: It means you're in full control of your data, you can do anything and any change to your LMS system to make it more suitable according to your needs and requirements.
2. Flexible learning: The LMS system has a built in flexible learning tools to measure and recognize progress for teachers as well as for learners.
3. Mobile Learning: It's very easy for students or learners to learn on mobile, moodle is mobile responsive. You can watch videos or any assignment easily.
4. Security and privacy: It's an open source software but moodle ensures full security and privacy.
5. Best for School and Colleges: It's best solution for school amd colleges, you can provide distance education to your learners, take exams online etc.

Cons

No Doubt Moodle is the best platform to manage online studies for learners. All the functionality is very professional and helpful amd easy to use. I recommend to include more functionality to the moodle LMS so that everyone can more easily access the dashboard of courses with more functionality and please add quiz types to engage and examine learners more effectively. Anyways you are doing great, I love the moodle LMS system. Moodle official team is great and they are doing great. Thanks

Laurence

Moodle Interface and File Management

Reviewed on 2023/03/25

Pros

What I liked most about Moodle was the flexibility and customization it offered. I could create courses and activities that suited my needs and preferences, and also manage them easily. Moodle also had a lot of features that were impactful for me, such as the quiz module, the gradebook, the forums, and the analytics. The product was easy to use and intuitive, and I did not have any major issues with integration with my existing business processes. Moodle helped me deliver quality online learning to my students and colleagues.

Cons

What I liked least about Moodle was the lack of customization options for the courses and the user interface. I felt that some features were missing or could be improved, such as the ability to create quizzes with different question types, to embed multimedia content in the lessons, and to track the progress and performance of the learners. I also found some aspects of the product difficult to use, such as the navigation menu, the gradebook, and the feedback system. Integration with my existing business processes was not too difficult, but it required some manual work and adjustments to make it compatible with Moodle.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

MARIA RENEE
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Moodle helping e-learning

Reviewed on 2017/06/10

Moodle is a very useful platform for e-learning. It has everything to teach online. I can recognize 3 levels of users for this software. - The administrator who is in charge to set up the environment and moodle experience for other users. - The teacher who is going to use tools to make an online course exciting, and - The student that will enjoy the course and participate in it though the collaborative tools. If you can do the work of the 2 first levels, congratulations, you are a Moodle expert.

Pros

- You can manage a whole school or university in the academic area with Moodle and for the administrative help you have a big list of choices to get plugins or ERPs compatible with Moodle.
- If you know how to use it is a wonderful experience for the teachers and students.
- Once that you have the course online, it is a beautiful tool.
- There is a lot of documentation and forums about Moodle that can help you to solve almost every issue that you will face using it.

Cons

- It's a free software but is difficult to install and maintain for a person who is not related with IT. So a good option is get it as a SaaS (software as a Service) paying for hosting and upgrades but having the experts doing it, so you can focus in the academic area.
- You have to learn how to use it properly and it takes time.
- Prepare a course is heavy and a hard work, there are some functionalities that could help us to do it easier, like be capable us to erase or move multiple objects at the same time.